PDA

View Full Version : TNT commentators too obviously for Cavs.

Gdubbz
05-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Ok, when you yell out "YES!!!!" after every cavs shot drained, I think we know who the commentators, and who TNT is routing for. Its sickening. :(

sNaKeS
05-29-2009, 12:15 AM
I think you need to broaden your spectrum and say "everyone but skip bayless and charles barkley" too obviously for the cavs. I am going to be curious to see how many "experts" who earlier today said the cavs would win tonight and orlando would win game 6 now flip flop and say the cavs win games 6 and 7.

cmstophe
05-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Ok, when you yell out "YES!!!!" after every cavs shot drained, I think we know who the commentators, and who TNT is routing for. Its sickening. :(

They do that for Orlando too.

Like after Rashard's HUGE shots this series, Marv goes, "YEEEEEEES!" and flips out. They ride whoever is winning. get used to it.

RadiantShot
05-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Hell yea marv albert sucks...YES, YES, YES...we got the dam point hop off lebrons dick

*Superman*
05-29-2009, 12:35 AM
hell yea marv albert sucks...yes, yes, yes...we got the dam point hop off lebrons dick

yes

BTownTeamsRKing
05-29-2009, 01:12 AM
nah. it seems like it, but really marv albert is just annoying period.

yeshhhhhhh! From dowtown! A spactacular moveee!

his lines are played out.

MAC10TIZZY
05-29-2009, 03:27 AM
its so gross listening to anyone but sir charles... as a huge magic fan, they never say how good we are doing, or how weve come back by 22 points (twice) its always, always, always "the magic cant do this" the "magic cant do that" always pointing out how "bad" we are, but when its lebron it always praise.....im trying to be so calm and not get banned again, but it breaks my heart to know that are finals dream lays in the hands of the "nba" (not cleveland) and the "refs".....a confused magic fan?

MagicDojo
05-29-2009, 10:05 AM
I got so sick of them last night I turned off the Sound and turned on the radio to hear our local broadcasters call the game. YESH!

Luv Da New Pack
05-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Hell yea marv albert sucks...YES, YES, YES...we got the dam point hop off lebrons dick

yes

Hmmm. Marv Albert has only been saying that for practically every player during his career. Be it on the YES network, NBC, TNT. Why don't you watch more than the 3 games and actually pay attention in those games.

its so gross listening to anyone but sir charles... as a huge magic fan, they never say how good we are doing, or how weve come back by 22 points (twice) its always, always, always "the magic cant do this" the "magic cant do that" always pointing out how "bad" we are, but when its lebron it always praise.....im trying to be so calm and not get banned again, but it breaks my heart to know that are finals dream lays in the hands of the "nba" (not cleveland) and the "refs".....a confused magic fan?

Why do you want him to slurp? He already said they're the better team with a stud in the pose and a beautiful outside game. He already stated that they are not intimidated by the Cavs and he expects they may win title. How many egregious calls have you seen go against the Magic?

I'll wait.......

I don't know what happens to you in the sun but you Magic fans are frying your brain cells with these ludicrous arguments. So you lost a game with Lebron playing out of his mind, why panic?

Oh yeah, I remember.

ManRam
05-29-2009, 11:31 AM
He does that for any big shot, by any team or any player. Watch with an objective eye and ear next game. Really, nothing to complain about here.

Whine, whine, whine. I think that's the reputation Magic fans are getting.

cle12152433
05-29-2009, 11:55 AM

I know right???

All they do is complain about fouls or refs or lucky shots.....

I think by now in ANY sport a fan should know that the umps/refs cant get every play right.

However the out come of the series is for Orlando, win or lose, they should spend less time *****ing and instead they should congratulate their team and support them, knowing they could be a part of one of the best playoff series' ever...

And on top of that, It would take a ****** not to know that Orlando will be a favorite to get to the finals next year anyway....

If a team beats you, (98%) of the time they are better than you. Fair and Square. This entire playoff series I have said, well maybe Orlando is just better than us.

All this David Stern, Refferee conspiracy crap is just a cop-out for the fair-weather fans who cant accept it. Becuase when it all comes down to it, David Stern isnt the one making 17 three pointer or 1 second prayers to win ball games.

ManRam
05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
I know right???

All they do is complain about fouls or refs or lucky shots.....

I think by now in ANY sport a fan should know that the umps/refs cant get every play right.

However the out come of the series is for Orlando, win or lose, they should spend less time *****ing and instead they should congratulate their team and support them, knowing they could be a part of one of the best playoff series' ever...

And on top of that, It would take a ****** not to know that Orlando will be a favorite to get to the finals next year anyway....

If a team beats you, (98%) of the time they are better than you. Fair and Square. This entire playoff series I have said, well maybe Orlando is just better than us.

All this David Stern, Refferee conspiracy crap is just a cop-out for the fair-weather fans who cant accept it. Becuase when it all comes down to it, David Stern isnt the one making 17 three pointer or 1 second prayers to win ball games.

Hate to agree with the enemy. But I do agree. Plus, most of the complaining has come in games we have won. You think most fans would be happy they won, rather than spend the majority of the time complaining. The two best officiated games were the games we lost. The three iffy ones (not even that bad), were games we won. There is nothing a Magic fan should be complaining about. Just be happy we're up 3-2 right now. I am.

Gdubbz
05-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Well, you guys are taking this to another level. Your points and clauses are so out of line its mind boggling from literally two sentences of obviousness.

All I'm saying which is SOOOO obvious is that the TNT along with the whole other basketball loving world wants Lebron to move on so we can sell clothes and make money on the finals. Nevermind relate him to MJ. Its ok Magic fans know this, its cool. Its just sickening to us.

ManRam
05-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Well, you guys are taking this to another level. Your points and clauses are so out of line its mind boggling from literally two sentences of obviousness.

All I'm saying which is SOOOO obvious is that the TNT along with the whole other basketball loving world wants Lebron to move on so we can sell clothes and make money on the finals. Nevermind relate him to MJ. Its ok Magic fans know this, its cool. Its just sickening to us.

I haven't noticed any bias from TNT. I think they've done a great job. Not once have I ever thought..."wow, these guys are rooting for the Cavs." Yes, the national media is in love with LeBron. Yes, he is extremely popular and incredibly hyped. But I don't think TNT has given them any preferential treatment.

Marv always yells "YES!", for any player on any team for any big shot. Just look up Marv Albert...it's what he's known for. He did it when Shard his his big shots. He does it for both teams. C'mon.

You say it's so obvious...but haven't provided one credible example of why it's "So obvious".

cle12152433
05-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Marv almost **** his pants with excitement when Turk and Lewis made those clutch shots in the first two games.

Remember its their job to make excitement for THE PROGRAM and the PEOPLE WATCHING IT....

Sandman
05-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Worse, one of them is Reggie Miller

MAC10TIZZY
05-29-2009, 04:16 PM
He does that for any big shot, by any team or any player. Watch with an objective eye and ear next game. Really, nothing to complain about here.

considering you wanna be one, change your pic if you dont like us

ManRam
05-29-2009, 04:19 PM
considering you wanna be one, change your pic if you dont like us

I just can't stand the whining...after games we win no-less. Never seen it before. It's weird, and annoying. Usually fans are happy when their team wins...

MAC10TIZZY
05-29-2009, 04:22 PM
I just can't stand the whining...after games we win no-less. Never seen it before. It's weird, and annoying. Usually fans are happy when their team wins...

but honestly dude, you tell us take a back seat and just listen, as a cyber friend of yours im asking you , tomorrow, listen in detail to everything they point out, it is never about us doing good getting us back in the game, it is only well" lebron cant do this by himself" then when he does back on his oscar meyer

ManRam
05-29-2009, 04:29 PM
but honestly dude, you tell us take a back seat and just listen, as a cyber friend of yours im asking you , tomorrow, listen in detail to everything they point out, it is never about us doing good getting us back in the game, it is only well" lebron cant do this by himself" then when he does back on his oscar meyer

I will. I try to be objective. Obviously, as a magic fan I'm going to notice when things go against my team. The hard part is to notice and acknowledge when things happen in favor of your team. It's easy to point out the bad, whether it be officiating or announcing...but fans always overlook the good. That's how it happens.

Of course LeBron is going to get more attention. He's a super dooper mega star...and we are just the Magic- a small market team. The national media does spend 80% of the time talking about Cleveland, but I still think TNT has done a great job...and I really disagree that Marv Albert is favoring the Cavs. That's all I'm saying. He is a great announcer, and he does his trademark sayings, like "YES!!!" for both teams.

Dray13
05-29-2009, 06:02 PM
It's really surprising to see some people saying TNT isn't going for the Cavs(Except Barkley). I've watched every game with my younger brother, and he has zero sports knowledge, doesn't watch anything sports related and he even picked up the favorism. A few nights ago he said "Doesn't it seem like the commentator (Marv Albert) goes nuts when Lebron makes a jumper? Then we do the same thing and he's very calm?" And after pointing it out..it's true. It seriously sounds like Marv is shooting off a load when Lebron makes any shot. It's always "SEN-SATIONAL!" "WHAT A SHOT, KING JAMES!" Yeah he may get excited for us..but only when its a clutch shot late in the game..he goes bonkers for a jump shot from Lebron in the 2nd quarter. Magic fans aren't whining, we're just sick of the love fest and we're tired of hearing it.

cmstophe
05-29-2009, 08:00 PM
It's really surprising to see some people saying TNT isn't going for the Cavs(Except Barkley). I've watched every game with my younger brother, and he has zero sports knowledge, doesn't watch anything sports related and he even picked up the favorism. A few nights ago he said "Doesn't it seem like the commentator (Marv Albert) goes nuts when Lebron makes a jumper? Then we do the same thing and he's very calm?" And after pointing it out..it's true. It seriously sounds like Marv is shooting off a load when Lebron makes any shot. It's always "SEN-SATIONAL!" "WHAT A SHOT, KING JAMES!" Yeah he may get excited for us..but only when its a clutch shot late in the game..he goes bonkers for a jump shot from Lebron in the 2nd quarter. Magic fans aren't whining, we're just sick of the love fest and we're tired of hearing it.

I'm a Cavs fan. My mother, who knows nothing about basketball or the NBA, asked me if it seemed like TNT and the announcers were rooting for the Magic.

It's all about perception. Try specifically next time to listen closely and you'll see that it is objective commentating.

The national media does spend 80% of the time talking about Lebron,

Fixed, btw. The national media cares not about Cleveland, but about LeBron James.

ManRam
05-29-2009, 08:31 PM
It's all about perception. Try specifically next time to listen closely and you'll see that it is objective commentating.

Bingo!

Fixed, btw. The national media cares not about Cleveland, but about LeBron James.

True.

Dray13
05-29-2009, 11:32 PM
^I guess you could be right. I will try listening to the next game more closely to see what I can pick up. I mean I don't hate Lebron, I just cant stand the lovefest somtimes. But I suppose we'll see tomorrow night..hopefully its a W on our end. If not we're in some serious trouble.

ManRam
05-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Marv and Reggie were very, very, very harsh towards the Cavs tonight. There wasn't much love in the pre game or half time show either.

Dray13
05-31-2009, 01:59 AM
^Yeah I noticed that too. There weren't many Lebron highlights after halftime or Lebron talk. Going into the game, they had the Mo Williams interview and most if not all the questions he answered were about Lebron. Then as the game progressed it was more Dwight talk and more Dwight highlights. So someone said it earlier and its spot on..they ride whoever is hot/winning. But w/e we won. We had the better team, they had the better player. I'm just glad we're movin on to the finals.

DiehardLakerFan
06-01-2009, 02:05 PM

Whine? uh no , Magic fans have a valid point the ESPN types have the Celts and Cadavers as their favorites and Im not a Magic fan and noticed so please be real ...well guess what the Magic took it to those two teams and came away with a Eastern Championship.....

ManRam
06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Whine? uh no , Magic fans have a valid point the ESPN types have the Celts and Cadavers as their favorites and Im not a Magic fan and noticed so please be real ...well guess what the Magic took it to those two teams and came away with a Eastern Championship.....

"Jordan for three...YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!"

Who said that? Marv Albert. YES!!! is his trademark.

Note what it says at the bottom of this... http://www.mugshots.org/sports/marv-albert.html

I think it says "yesss!".

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/Marv_Albert_QA_Part_II_090406.html

^Marv's biography. Note the second paragraph.

MARV ALBERT SCREAMS YES AFTER ANY BIG SHOT BY ANY TEAM. I've lived in NY for 3 years, I listened to him announce games for years. He always says that.

He was equally as excited when Shard and Hedo hit their big shots.