PDA

View Full Version : How can a 66 win team like Cleveland not have adequate talent around their Superstar?

Lakersfan2483
05-28-2009, 10:23 PM
How can anyone argue against Lebron not having a good supporting cast when his team won 66 games this year (22 more than last season), had the top record in the NBA, meaning homecourt throughout the entire postseason? It's frustrating to read and hear so many people complaining about the lack of help he has around him, but none of us heard those arguments when they steamrolled Detroit 4-0 and Atlanta 4-0, but now that they are facing Orlando, everyone is saying he doesn't have help, why is that? How can a team win 66 games and only lose 1 time at home not have enough help around their Superstar?

*The only teams that have ever won that many games and not won a title were the 06 Mavs and 73 Celtics.

ProdigyI
05-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I like how all these threads questioning Cleveland's dominance were non-exsistent and now suddenly popping up when they're down 3-1 :rolleyes:

They do have talent around LBJ. They are a very talented team. Orlando has just given them fits all season long, including the playoffs. Every team has their certain problems against another team with matchups or other issues.

Lakersfan2483
05-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I like how all these threads questioning Cleveland's dominance are suddenly popping up when they're down 3-1 :rolleyes:

No, it's a legit question and I decided to ask it because everyone keeps saying he doesn't have enough help yet his team had the no. 1 record in the NBA, as a matter of fact, one of the greatest records of all-time and one of the greatest home records ever., so how can anyone complain about his lack of help? People have to give Orlando credit.

29$JerZ
05-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Orlando is just a mismatch from hell.

Remember Dallas when they were the number 1 seed and the only team who gave them trouble was GS who ended up defeating them?

It's about how you matchup against your opponent. Other than LBJ who else can guard Hedo,Lewis,Lee?

fast_break
05-28-2009, 10:30 PM
because people are making excuses for Cavs all of a sudden
before it was like... Cavs this cavs that, they are so great

and now that they are down 3-1 its like, boo-hoo, lebron doesn't have enough help. yeah right

ManRam
05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
You can argue it by watching this series, and seeing how incredibly weak his front court is, and how if Mo and Delonte are missing shots, they have NOTHING besides LeBron. Weak bench too. You can't deny that after LeBron, the 4 starters on Cleveland are worse than players 2-5 on the other three teams left. His supporting cast is weaker.

LeBron can kill bad teams without any help. The Cavs only struggled with the great teams during the regular season. They win all the games they should...but can't beat the elites. That's what it comes down to. They just don't lose to bad teams unlike LA, Orl, Bos, Den etc. do occasionally. But they don't have the talent to beat the elites.

ProdigyI
05-28-2009, 10:33 PM
No, it's a legit question and I decided to ask it because everyone keeps saying he doesn't have enough help yet his team had the no. 1 record in the NBA, as a matter of fact, one of the greatest records of all-time and one of the greatest home records ever., so how can anyone complain about his lack of help? People have to give Orlando credit.

Agreed

avsman05
05-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Orlando deserves a lot of credit 11-4 against em in the last couple years. They just have their number. However it is true their frontcourt is pretty bad and if Mo or Delonte aren't hitting they are not going to play well. Lebron won a bunch of games this year on his talent alone.

madiaz3
05-28-2009, 10:57 PM

Remember Dallas when they were the number 1 seed and the only team who gave them trouble was GS who ended up defeating them?

It's about how you matchup against your opponent. Other than LBJ who else can guard Hedo,Lewis,Lee?

No one said Dirk didn't have enough help.

GspLAL
05-28-2009, 11:10 PM

and now that they are down 3-1 its like, boo-hoo, lebron doesn't have enough help. yeah right

Exactly! It's like if they're doing well then he has an amazing supporting cast and if they're not doing so well they're overrated, make up your minds. Give Magic some freakin credit.

Plus, the series isn't even over yet!

td0tsfinest
05-28-2009, 11:13 PM

I agree with you but a championship contendor must be aware of everything that's thrown at them. It was likely that they would play Orlando in these playoffs and for them to not be ready, is not "championship-like"

FaceDown91
05-29-2009, 12:29 AM
orlando is just the cavs's kriptonite, (yes it's badly spelled wrong) they had the cavs handled for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Cavs are a very talented team. It's just the matchup against the magic is killing them.

But what they need to improve the most on is their front court. I think with a better C or PF, it would give lebron less pressure and would handle the ball much less...well maybe not since that's pretty much mike brown's game plan lol.

Chronz
05-29-2009, 01:48 AM
The fact that they won 66 games doesnt mean he has alot of help..... look at the teams that have won 60+ games, this team only met that mark because of the historical season Bron had.

No one said Dirk didn't have enough help.

Dirk wasnt playing Like Bron is now

Angel
05-29-2009, 02:45 AM
It just goes to show you how great Lebron really is. Michael Jordan had Pippen on that 70 win season and Kobe had Shaq but, Lebron is doing it with nobody. Mo Williams is a good player but he's no Scottie Pippen or Shaq. I've been saying all year if Lebron replaced Kobe on the Lakers or Pierce on the celtics they would have won probably more than 70 games. He won 66 with a mediocre team. He is scary good. He's having a tough series now because he has to do everything om his own because nobody else is stepping up but, he is still the best in the league easily.

DieselPowered32
05-29-2009, 02:50 AM
Cavs should have traded for Shaq when they had the chance.....He would have neutralized Howard and u know he would have lifted his game especially against Howard. Shaq can defend Howard one on one, not like Z,wallace and varejao Plus Shaq would have gotten the Magic in foul trouble easier.
His presence on the floor the way he played this season would have forced the magic to double him....Lebron and co would have had more open looks....they would have had countless Lebron to Shaq dishes and Shaq to Lebron dishes as Lebron cut to the basket.
And Lebron wouldn't have to exhaust himself getting 40pts a game as Shaq would have helped him out on the offensive end

I dunno what they were thinking when they didn't pull the trigger just b4 the trade deadline, Shaq would have helped big time right about now

Angel
05-29-2009, 02:51 AM
I agree with you but a championship contendor must be aware of everything that's thrown at them. It was likely that they would play Orlando in these playoffs and for them to not be ready, is not "championship-like"

The series isn't even close to being over dude. The Cavs won 66 games this year. You don't think they can win 2 in a row to go to the finals. Of course they can. Remember in 2 of these games the Cavs were running the Magic out of the arena and Orlando came back. They were up huge though in two games. I really wouldn't be surprised at all if the Cavs still won this series. All they need to do is win 2 games in a row. They probably have done that 30 times this year.

Kyle916
05-29-2009, 03:02 AM
They have 'adequate talent', they just aren't getting the production from that talent in this series. It's not over yet...

ggg
05-29-2009, 03:07 AM
well thats what happens when your head coach is basically just a defensive coach and not orginizing plays/sequence late in the 4th.

unk88
05-29-2009, 03:13 AM
well lebron has to get tired some time, no one else can carry the scorring load (funny but true)

mrs rose
05-29-2009, 03:21 AM

this is the correct response!!!!!
everything you are saying is 100% TRUE.
and iam very happy someone else see's it!
GREAT POST!:clap:

DieselPowered32
05-29-2009, 03:32 AM
A full house always beats a pair!!!!

Magic have aces every where u look....D12,the turk,Lewis,Air France,Lee,Alston

Cavs have...LBJ and a short dude who runs his mouth alot making guarantees but can't back them up and is also one O away from his first name being a sound a farm animal makes

Chronz
05-29-2009, 03:35 AM
Cavs should have traded for Shaq when they had the chance.....He would have neutralized Howard and u know he would have lifted his game especially against Howard. Shaq can defend Howard one on one, not like Z,wallace and varejao Plus Shaq would have gotten the Magic in foul trouble easier.
His presence on the floor the way he played this season would have forced the magic to double him....Lebron and co would have had more open looks....they would have had countless Lebron to Shaq dishes and Shaq to Lebron dishes as Lebron cut to the basket.
And Lebron wouldn't have to exhaust himself getting 40pts a game as Shaq would have helped him out on the offensive end

I dunno what they were thinking when they didn't pull the trigger just b4 the trade deadline, Shaq would have helped big time right about now

They should have traded for Antawn when they had the chance

aNYer
05-29-2009, 03:37 AM
You can argue it by watching this series, and seeing how incredibly weak his front court is, and how if Mo and Delonte are missing shots, they have NOTHING besides LeBron. Weak bench too. You can't deny that after LeBron, the 4 starters on Cleveland are worse than players 2-5 on the other three teams left. His supporting cast is weaker.

LeBron can kill bad teams without any help. The Cavs only struggled with the great teams during the regular season. They win all the games they should...but can't beat the elites. That's what it comes down to. They just don't lose to bad teams unlike LA, Orl, Bos, Den etc. do occasionally. But they don't have the talent to beat the elites.

yup. You can't say they are a bad team but name one player on his team that would start on the other 3 teams left. Mo Williams is what he always has been and has shown that Lebron made him an allstar. Z is nice but the foot problems slowed him before he was old. I was never hugely impressed by Varejao. West is a good 7th or 8th man. Let me know if you disagree with any of this. The simple fact is that Lebron lifts them all and he would have lifted them past the magic if they didn't go so cold. with the scores as close as they were if they just made open shots and nothing else the series would probably be over already, instead they are just trying to survive and Lebron is putting up crazy numbers.

GspLAL
05-29-2009, 03:53 AM
A full house always beats a pair!!!!

Magic have aces every where u look....D12,the turk,Lewis,Air France,Lee,Alston

Cavs have...LBJ and a short dude who runs his mouth alot making guarantees but can't back them up and is also one O away from his first name being a sound a farm animal makes

LOL wtf

DieselPowered32
05-29-2009, 03:59 AM
LOL wtf

add another O to MO...lol

phoenix_bladen
05-29-2009, 11:11 AM
i don't care what anyone says

shaq maybe a former shell of himself

but had they traded for him?

holy sh.it....lebron and shaq?

i don't care what would happen they would win the title for sure!!!!

SteveN84
05-29-2009, 11:22 AM
The cavs are still going to win this series. In the past two games, West and Williams have been starting to light it up. I agree that our big men are over matched, but that is not the real problem, it just the overall size of the magic in general that is our problem. Yes, the Magic could have swept this series, but leveland could have just as easily won it 4-1. We sit here and say that LeBron is the only legitimate player for the Cavs, but take Howard away from the Magic and they probably barely make the playoffs and leave in the first round.

artest_kobe
05-29-2009, 11:49 AM
the cavs suck