PDA

View Full Version : Pargo to return?

Patrick Swayze
05-28-2009, 06:41 PM
"Jannero Pargo's agent says his client is still interested in a return to New Orleans after spending the last couple seasons in Europe.
If the Hornets are going to sign Pargo, it could impact who they draft, as a back up for Chris Paul would not still be a priority. Pargo is recovering from sports hernia surgery and was released by Olympiakos on May 5.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune."

I'm defiantly keeping my fingers crossed for this one! This would be great especially if we got rid of Daniels!

Thoughts?

Mckphins
05-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Would love it

spacemandave
05-29-2009, 03:41 AM
i would rejoice, please make this happen.

Patrick Swayze
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
I have a feeling Bower is going to suck like usual and not pull this one off. He needs to go so bad.

Vinny642
05-29-2009, 05:18 PM
OMFG OMFG OMFG :clap: I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGBREED
06-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Don't want him and don't need him!

WHY?
- he can't get to the rim and draw fouls(free throws)
- he's a very streaky shooter from the outside(only shoots form the outside)
- he's too small to play the SG position and SF position(he's a 6'2 PG)
- he's not a slasher; the Hornets need slashers to penetrate the lane
- he doesn't play defense; only wants to shoot the ball
- no other team is knocking down his door to sign him(message)

The Hornets need a athletic SG(6'6 on up) and a SF(6'8 on up) that can penetrate the lane a draw fouls. The Hornets were last in the NBA in free throw attempts and our front court players(PF and C) are weak. The Hornets need to address the 2, 3, 4 and 5 positions on the team. Once we fill those needs, then we can address signing Pargo to come off the bench.

spacemandave
06-01-2009, 11:18 AM
i think he does do a lot of the things you say he doesnt. and did you see difference bw having him as back up pg and not having him? and he was so good w cp3 as dual pgs at the end of the game. need someone other than cp3 on the floor who can dribble, i know theres noone else on the roster now good enough to play that can also handle the ball.

BIGBREED
06-01-2009, 02:33 PM
We could get anybody to be a backup. LOL...hell, we could resign PG - Dan Dickau to do the same thing as Jannero Pargo, and for a cheaper price too. I'm being funny but both Dickau and Pargo are offensive PG's who can't play defense. The only difference btween them is Pargo is quicker than Dickau.

IMO, I think that we need a quality starter before we start taking care of our bench; trust me, both are important but lets take care of the starts first. Jannero Pargo can't play defense at the SG position in the NBA. The Chris Paul/ Pargo tandem is a change of pace match-up just for a few minutes only in a game.

NBA SG avg. HT is 6'6:
Kobe Bryant, Dahntay Jones, Rudy Gay, Manu Ginobili, Andre Iguodala, Rip Hamilton, Dwayne Wade(6'4), JR Smith, Courtney Lee, Brandon Roy, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Tracey McGrady(when healthy), Michael Redd, Jason Richardson, Kevin Martin, Ronnie Brewer

**These are the NBA SG that Jannero Pargo(6'2 tall) will have to stick if he's in the game with Chris Paul(6'0 tall)**

I know Pargo is a backup PG and our starting SG is Rasual Butler, and he is totally a offensive minded player, thats why I say we need to take care of the starters first. We need help in our starting line-up. Trust me!

Patrick Swayze
06-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Don't want him and don't need him!

WHY?
- he can't get to the rim and draw fouls(free throws)
- he's a very streaky shooter from the outside(only shoots form the outside)
- he's too small to play the SG position and SF position(he's a 6'2 PG)
- he's not a slasher; the Hornets need slashers to penetrate the lane
- he doesn't play defense; only wants to shoot the ball
- no other team is knocking down his door to sign him(message)

The Hornets need a athletic SG(6'6 on up) and a SF(6'8 on up) that can penetrate the lane a draw fouls. The Hornets were last in the NBA in free throw attempts and our front court players(PF and C) are weak. The Hornets need to address the 2, 3, 4 and 5 positions on the team. Once we fill those needs, then we can address signing Pargo to come off the bench.

Eh yea, good points, but I'd still take him back in a heartbeat. For the price he will cost, I don't know what he can get that's better and at a cheap price. If we spend big money (which we won't) it should be on a center because I think Tyson is gone unfortunately.

BIGBREED
06-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Eh yea, good points, If we spend big money (which we won't) it should be on a center because I think Tyson is gone unfortunately.

I agree

Vinny642
06-02-2009, 03:26 PM
you guys know he will only play backup PG right and as long as we get rid of Daniels they will be around the same type of money

BIGBREED
06-02-2009, 04:15 PM
you guys know he will only play backup PG right and as long as we get rid of Daniels they will be around the same type of money

I say that we use that money on one of these players who will be available

SG- Rashad McCants ***
SF- Ron Artest(enough said) $$$
SG- Dahntay Jones(might stay in Den) $$$
SF- Trevor Ariza(might stay in LA) $$$
SG- Allen Iverson
PF- Rasheed Wallace
SF- Grant Hill
C- Marcin Gortat
PF- David Lee(if NY don't resign him) $$$
PF- Brandon Bass
SG- Gerald Green
PF- Jason Maxiell
SG- Demarcus Nelson(aggresive defender)
SG- Jamal Crawford
C- Chris Wilcox
SG- Anthony Parker(he's over 30)

Vinny642
06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I'd take a good PF like Bass or Maxiell or McCants, we wont have nearly enough for Artest or David Lee. I dont want AI, Dahnty Jones. I'd Take Ariza

spacemandave
06-02-2009, 09:03 PM
take ariza or gortat(if chandler out), rather have pargo than anyone else.

Patrick Swayze
06-02-2009, 10:38 PM
McCants would be solid.

Vinny642
06-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I dont see McCants as a starter for us though. I think Ariza would start.

Patrick Swayze
06-03-2009, 02:33 AM
I dont see McCants as a starter for us though. I think Ariza would start.

I can see McCants starting at SG and Ariza taking over at SF. I think he is going to get big money, though.

Butler is a solid starter, but I think McCants would the edge. If we bring Pargo back, I think he would actually become the starter at SG.

BIGBREED
06-03-2009, 09:33 AM
I can see McCants starting at SG and Ariza taking over at SF. I think he is going to get big money, though.

Butler is a solid starter, but I think McCants would the edge. If we bring Pargo back, I think he would actually become the starter at SG.

Are you serious? Jannero Pargo is barely in the NBA! Pargo has never started for a NBA team in his life; he's a one dimensional player. Pargo finally found a home here in New Orleans bcuz he's always been a journeyman in the NBA. PLEASE get off of that "Pargo is the missing piece" trip. Pargo is not that great/dominate of a player. There are other PG's and SG's thats out there and they are better than Pargo. TRUST ME!

WHY HAVEN'T NO OTHER TEAM SIGNED HIM WHEN HE WAS RELEASED OR FOR THE PLAYOFFS?

Patrick Swayze
06-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Are you serious? Jannero Pargo is barely in the NBA! Pargo has never started for a NBA team in his life; he's a one dimensional player. Pargo finally found a home here in New Orleans bcuz he's always been a journeyman in the NBA. PLEASE get off of that "Pargo is the missing piece" trip. Pargo is not that great/dominate of a player. There are other PG's and SG's thats out there and they are better than Pargo. TRUST ME!

WHY HAVEN'T NO OTHER TEAM SIGNED HIM WHEN HE WAS RELEASED OR FOR THE PLAYOFFS?

I'm not saying he is the missing piece. He is decent when he stepped in two years ago. I still think he needs to be resigned and I'm not going to get off it.

One of the big pieces will be to get rid of Jeff Bower.

BIGBREED
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
So, two years ago is what you're going on? I wonder what players have came in the NBA since then and are now starting with their successful teams, hmmm? Pargo is a veteran in the NBA and has maxed out on his potential, but we have a draft every year so teams can get younger, quicker, and better...but we still keep saying resign Pargo, hmmm? There's free agents every year who are better and have started with their past team, but we still need to resign Pargo, hmmm? Pargo was great for us coming off the bench, but he has never been an Allstar and never even MENTION in the Sixthman award talks, but lets resign him, hmmm? OK, the only way that I would resign Pargo is after I get my starter from the free agent market first! (remember: SG- Ben Gordon is out there, but he wants $$$)

***LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY THIS, PARGO IS ON THE DOWN SIDE OF HIS CAREER***

PLEASE...Lets get better athletic players on the Hornets roster this year! The NBA is about playing above the rim, shooting 3's(which we have in Peja and Rasual), breaking your man down one-on-one, and pick&roll plays! We only have (2)two players that can break their man down one-on-one/penetrate on the roster and thats CP3 & Julien Wright(but JuJu is to nervous to play his game;Byron Scott has his balls in his hands)

JEFF BOWER
I agree, all of them can do a better job overall, but Bower is only doing what he's told to do.
-His owner is trying to save money(Tyson Chandler trade which coaches/players are still PO)
-His head coach doesn't like rookies; he only wants veteran players(most are past their prime)

[WHO IN THE HELL TRADED KOBE BRYANT FOR VLADE DIVAC]

Vinny642
06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Damn, your really passionate with keeping him out of the Big Easy

Patrick Swayze
06-03-2009, 04:15 PM
PLEASE...Lets get better athletic players on the Hornets roster this year!

I do agree that we need better athletes. The thing is this salary cap issue this team has. I could a lot of players I'd rather have over Pargo including Ben Gordon, but how can we afford guys like him? That's why I'm saying we need to still go after Pargo because he will be cheap. Maybe the cap isn't as bad as I thought it was and maybe we have more money than I think.

Vinny642
06-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I think we can sign Pargo to a Mid Level Exception(MLE)

Patrick Swayze
06-03-2009, 05:08 PM
I think we can sign Pargo to a Mid Level Exception(MLE)

I agree.

spacemandave
06-03-2009, 10:40 PM
id love to sign ben gordon, maybe kobe and lebron too, they cant all be all stars. pargo may not be the missing link on the lakers or the grizzlies or any other team but on the hornets, a back up pg would work wonders. rasual butler can shoot pretty well but thats it! cant handle the ball, get to the hole or distribute the ball. something needed on a team thats designed around cp3 penetrating and distributing but hes not out there all game AND we saw the downside of having one, ONE guy on the floor who can dribble in the playoffs. They cut off cp3 and noone else could do anything, need two guys out there that can get people going....Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown, Anthony Johnson, Anthony Carter all played big roles on their teams(cavs didnt have one and it cost them)...pargos 30, dont think hell be slipping too much in next 3-4 years.

BIGBREED
06-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Damn, your really passionate with keeping him out of the Big Easy

LOL! NO, not really but the Hornets need to get better! Jannero Pargo doesn't make use better, IMO. And here's my 2 reasons why:

1.)Chris Paul lead the NBA in assist but the Hornets as a team were ranked 28th as a team in the League. Pargo is a shoot first PG, he's not a PG that runs the offense, so by signing him we would still need a PG to run the offense and allow Pargo to do what he does best.....SCORE!

2.)The Hornets shot .807 percent from the freethrow line(ranked 5th in the NBA), but the lack of penetrators to draw fouls and get to the freethrow line had us ranked 28th in freethrow attempts. Pargo is not a slasher, he likes to shoot jump shots.

I do understand the money situation and it sucks but we need players bad and Pargo doesn't address the Hornets needs, which are:

- frontcourt bulk; rebounders
- athletic players on the wing; slashers
- a tough scappy guy that loves to play defense; lockdown defender
- backup PG that runs the offense like CP3

DO YOU GUYS NO THAT THE HORNETS ARE EXPLORING TRADING THEIR 1st rd PICK IN THIS YEARS DRAFT

Patrick Swayze
06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
DO YOU GUYS NO THAT THE HORNETS ARE EXPLORING TRADING THEIR 1st rd PICK IN THIS YEARS DRAFT

Of course they are and they will most likely trade it for money.

Vinny642
06-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey I say we should get someone athletic in the draft, they better not trade it because we arent getting any younger.

Patrick Swayze
06-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't care if Scott doesn't like rookies... we aren't going to get any better with the money we have.

Patrick Swayze
06-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Jannero Pargo visited the Hornets practice facility on Monday and spoke about his desire to rejoin the team he left before heading to Europe last season.
"I think there’s interest on both sides," said Pargo. "I pretty much want the same role I had before I left here." Coach Byron Scott said that Pargo fills one of the Hornets' needs (a solid backup PG) and it sounds like he could sign with New Orleans before long.

BIGBREED
06-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Yesterday, The Hornets worked out Jannero Pargo's brother, thats why Jannero Pargo was at the Hornets training facilities. But, it really looks strong that they will resign Jannero.

Patrick Swayze
06-09-2009, 04:37 PM
It sounds like they don't have to wait till free agency to sign him either. I think he is going to be back.

BIGBREED
06-09-2009, 09:42 PM
It sounds like they don't have to wait till free agency to sign him either. I think he is going to be back.

Not if i can help it! If i see him on Canal St. I will bust him on his rt knee.......LOL! Just kidding!

Patrick Swayze
06-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Not if i can help it! If i see him on Canal St. I will bust him on his rt knee.......LOL! Just kidding!

Ha you really don't like him do you?

I do know he isn't the best option, but for the situation we are in, he would be a great option. Unless Johnny Flynn falls to us.:p

JDizzle
06-10-2009, 05:04 PM
bring pargo and bass back

Vinny642
06-10-2009, 05:07 PM
omg i would love bass back, to backup west because we dont rly got a true backup pf.

Patrick Swayze
06-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Bass is going to get big bucks. He has earned it.