PDA

View Full Version : The Official "What if the Cavs lose?" thread

2Kobe3peats
05-28-2009, 05:08 PM
MOD NOTE:

We've had some justified complaints in the NBA forum about all the Lebron and Cavs threads. This one now deals with all of the topics that people seem to want to speculate on should the Cavs lose:

1. will Mike Brown be fired?
2. would it be Lebron's fault if they lost?
3. will Lebron become a Knick?

------------

If Lebron don't make the finals , i think his time as a cav are done?

This is the best team ownership will put for him period.

They got mo williams , big Z, ben wallace a low post defender.
what else can they ask for ?

Will he go to the Knicks ?

What u guys think ?
I think he loses tonight, it will be his last game as a cav.

IRUAM #21
05-28-2009, 05:21 PM
What about next year ?

NYYCowboys
05-28-2009, 05:23 PM
God i hope he goes to the Knicks...but i have no idea. Everyone in New York is debating whether or not to root for or against the Cavs. The people rooting for them are hoping when he reaches free agency that he thinks that he already accomplished what he wanted to accomplish in Cleveland and now he wants to really solidify his spot at the best player ever by going to the Knicks and winning. The people rooting against him think that it will discourage him into thinking he will never win with Cleveland, and leave in free agency. Personally I have no idea what to believe.

fishfan79
05-28-2009, 05:31 PM
nobody wants to be a knick

horrid dirty city
the media treats you like crap
taxes are too high
too smoke and smog filled
Horrid team that never wins anything
need I go on? Heck all of new york when they get older and made lots of money moves out of there to arizona or florida

so why move in when you dont got to? :)

Lets face it the Knicks are like the Yankees

(one bright side good fans sometimes when winning)

IBleedPurple
05-28-2009, 05:42 PM
If Lebron doesn't make the finals , i think his time as a cav are done?

They have mo williams , big Z, ben wallace a low post defender.

What u guys think ?

horrid dirty city
taxes are too high
need I go on? Heck all of new york when they get older and made lots of money moves out of there to arizona or florida

so why move in when you dont have to? :)

I am losing faith in the education system, and I'm not even touching some of the other mistakes.

Lebron will likely stay in Cleveland, unless the Knicks can show that they'll compete. Now that the Cavs are an upper class team, I don't think he'll go to a basement dweller.

Missing56&33
05-28-2009, 05:43 PM

What u guys think ?

No it wont hes still under contract for 2009-2010. If he dont win the championship this year and fall short again next I think he will sign with the Knicks :D

IndyRealist
05-28-2009, 05:52 PM
If the Cavs get an inkling that Lebron won't resign, they MIGHT him next year. But I think they ride it out and see what happens. I personally don't think Lebron is going anywhere, he just likes the attention he's getting from the media circus. It only fuels the myth that is Lebron, and garners him more and more fans.

Sports Illustrator
05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Not only does this year matter, next year would matter even more I'd say.

nickisabigtimer
05-28-2009, 05:56 PM
i think if the cavs become certain that he will leave after next season they should trade him!!! they could get a hell of a lot in return instead of just letting him leave at the end of the year and recieving nothing

IndyRealist
05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
i think if the cavs become certain that he will leave after next season they should trade him!!! they could get a hell of a lot in return instead of just letting him leave at the end of the year and recieving nothing

Yeah, but if everyone else knew that he was going to the Knicks too, regardless of what team he was on, then who would give you more than a 2nd rounder for him?

Lo Porto
05-28-2009, 06:00 PM
The Cavs did not do everything to win a title. They got Mo, but they could have gotten so much for Wally's expiring contract, but they chose to ride it out. Had they gotten Mike Miller, AK (who can guard the guys killing the Cavs right now - Lewis & Hedo), or another valuable SF or PF, they would be winning it all. Instead, they let Wally kill them. With Pavlovic already there, what purpose does Wally really serve anyway? I feel for LeBron because he'll look back and realize that the team had one of the best trade chips in the league and they didn't cash in.

As for going to NY, it will tempt LeBron. He'll be able to build his own team. He could take a pay cut and know he'd make that back in the added endorsements of the Big Apple. If the Knicks keep Lee, let Nate walk and find a way to trade Jared Jeffries, the Knicks could produce the following lineup in 2010:

PG Nash - he takes a pay cut (full midlevel exception) so to re-join his coach and to win it all
SG TBD - any SG who can play D - this position could be platooned
SF LeBron - he takes a near max deal, but not so much that they can't sign...
PF Bosh - even at a max contract, he's still able to fit
C David Lee

The team would still have Gallinari, their 2009 draft pick, Wilson Chandler and any other vets that want to take a pay cut for one more shot to win it all. If the stars would be willing to not take as much year one of their contracts so Curry can come off the books in 2011, they could afford anything from 2011 on...

kswissdaf
05-28-2009, 06:06 PM
The Cavs did not do everything to win a title. They got Mo, but they could have gotten so much for Wally's expiring contract, but they chose to ride it out. Had they gotten Mike Miller, AK (who can guard the guys killing the Cavs right now - Lewis & Hedo), or another valuable SF or PF, they would be winning it all. Instead, they let Wally kill them. With Pavlovic already there, what purpose does Wally really serve anyway? I feel for LeBron because he'll look back and realize that the team had one of the best trade chips in the league and they didn't cash in.

As for going to NY, it will tempt LeBron. He'll be able to build his own team. He could take a pay cut and know he'd make that back in the added endorsements of the Big Apple. If the Knicks keep Lee, let Nate walk and find a way to trade Jared Jeffries, the Knicks could produce the following lineup in 2010:

PG Nash - he takes a pay cut (full midlevel exception) so to re-join his coach and to win it all
C David Lee

The team would still have Gallinari, their 2009 draft pick, Wilson Chandler and any other vets that want to take a pay cut for one more shot to win it all. If the stars would be willing to not take as much year one of their contracts so Curry can come off the books in 2011, they could afford anything from 2011 on...

Ya your right everyone will just take pay cuts :eyebrow:

Pierzynski4Prez
05-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Ahh, more fantasy world talk from NY fans. Never ends.

kblo247
05-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Time to make some trades and signings

Kidd
Iverson
Carter
AK47
Gortat
Yao

All need to be bid on and looked at

hawkeyefootball
05-28-2009, 06:16 PM
There's a debate going on in the Bulls forum and JordansBulls seems convinced that if the Cavs lose, the blame goes to Lebron.

Just want to get other opinions on this. I for one totally disagree, and don't know how much more Lebron can do to carry his team.

MiamiHeat
05-28-2009, 06:17 PM
NO!! NEVER!!!
Lebron can do no wrong

lakerboy
05-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Well ESPN is always finding a way to look good. The Cavs are down 3-1 but if you go to the website they make it seem like the Cavs have the lead.

IndyRealist
05-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Lebron is doing everything humanly possible except for one thing, getting his teammates involved. If his team can't handle the main stage, well then they just need to get off the platform and let someone else perform. Lebron will have a better supporting cast next year.

SJSHARKIES
05-28-2009, 06:29 PM

Do you have a crystal ball?

Teams are always seeking to get better, no matter how good they are.

Maybe more help offensively.

Maybe only time will tell

What u guys think ?

Maybe only time will tell

madiaz3
05-28-2009, 06:32 PM
For once I agree with JB about something and he said it best here:

He is controlling the ball too much and taking too many shots at the outset of the game. He needs to get his team going first. When you are on an elite team there is no need for you to get it going from the get go. You need to get others going first.

Basically, his ball-dominating style is becoming detrimental to the team. Just because you are spoonfeeding your collective teammates about 6 times a game doesn't mean you're putting them in a position to create and establish rhythms for themselves. They've all clearly shown the ability to step up and create at some point it's just with Lebron dominating 44% of the team's offense, it causes dependency issues that were not there during the season, and is not the same team that lost by 1 against a fully-active Philly with Lebron and Mo sitting the whole game the last game of the season.

ManRam
05-28-2009, 06:33 PM
No. Way.

Worst supporting cast among the teams left...by far. It's been a one man show. No one else has shown up.

I don't by the not getting his teammates involved argument either. He's averaging 7+ assists a game. If his shooters actually made some shots, he'd be averaging double digits...easy. Also, his teammates have at times stood around and watched him...but considering the fact that they've done nothing, it makes sense.

Plus, they are playing a far superior team.

Giaps
05-28-2009, 06:38 PM

horrid dirty city
taxes are too high

You fail at life.

Hellcrooner
05-28-2009, 06:46 PM
should happen.

im hope NO TEAM is stupid enough to deal any kind of star to cleveland knowing if they dont win next season Lebron will ba a FA.

The should have used Scerbiaks big expiring this year to trade for a star.

And about people saying stupid things that lebron wont go if knicks cant contend....

meh

How many wins woudl ahve had the lebronless cavs this year? 20????

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Time to make some trades and signings

Kidd
Iverson
Carter
AK47
Gortat
Yao

All need to be bid on and looked at

BEST SIG on here period. that is freaken hilarious!!!!!!

nice job :clap: hahahahhaha ahahahahahaaa haaaa

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 06:49 PM
It is much more likely he will leave if he wins a championship in cleveland. If he leaves without a title, he cant go back there.

but if he gets offered by new york and already delivered title, hes gone

Lakers4ItAll
05-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Lebron is the only player on his team performing well how the hell would it be his fault? What a stupid question

prodigy
05-28-2009, 06:51 PM

horrid dirty city
taxes are too high

lol, I love it.

If you guys have not heard, a huge buniness organization in china baught 15% of the cavs. This will market the cavs(lebron) all over china. what does this does?

1. makes lebron the big time global icon he wants to be.

2. Gets him WAYYYYYY more marketing deals and money then NY can offer.

3. Other big time players will want to come here, and get some of the marketing deals over seas.

Sorry NY. Mybe in 2016.:eyebrow:

Plus The cavs can offer 30mill more then any other team.

Lakers4ItAll
05-28-2009, 06:53 PM
I think Lebron is going to the knicks reguardless

vafflor
05-28-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't understand why people automatically assume that because a Chinese INVESTMENT group bought a FIFTEEN percent stake in the Cavs that he's going to be China's next big star. The reason the company bought that stake was to diversify its holdings not to make Lebron a star.

I'm not a Knicks fan and I would rather see Lebron come hang out with Jay-Z and play for the Brooklyn Nets, even though both of those things are never going to happen.

Lo Porto
05-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Ya your right everyone will just take pay cuts :eyebrow:

As for Bosh and LeBron, the Knicks could pay their max deals as long as Jared Jeffries gets traded, Nate doesn't come back and Lee signs a deal for $9 or less a year. So it comes down to Nash - New York would have all their salary cap taken, but they'd still have the mid-level exception. Nash might take a deal worth $6.5 a year just to win a title. With or without Nash, a LeBron, Bosh and Lee team is better than what he currently has.

shas
05-28-2009, 07:07 PM
its MO WILLIAMS fault

{}
05-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Ahh, more fantasy world talk from NY fans. Never ends.

I called out NY fans for being delusional about Lebron going to NY for 'global recognition' and endorsements. That said, I could see him leaving the Cavs for other reasons. A bigger market team like NY would be willing to spend money and make moves to surround him with actual talent. The Cavs roster 2 thru 12 is a freaking joke of mediocrity. I fully understand now why Lebron hasn't publically stated a desire to stay with the Cavs.

Jonathan2323
05-28-2009, 07:09 PM
NO!! NEVER!!!
Lebron can do no wrong

hahaha. Lebron is King.

Kakaroach
05-28-2009, 07:10 PM
No way in any shape or form. It is his supporting cast's fault. If it wasn't for him hitting that ridiculous shot, they would be swept. He has done all he can.

superkegger
05-28-2009, 07:13 PM
No. While he hasn't been perfect, he's been the only one doing his job. He's the reason they've even been in games. If they lose the series, the loss falls on the other Cavs and Mike Brown.

nyanks79
05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
lol, I love it.

If you guys have not heard, a huge buniness organization in china baught 15% of the cavs. This will market the cavs(lebron) all over china. what does this does?

1. makes lebron the big time global icon he wants to be.

2. Gets him WAYYYYYY more marketing deals and money then NY can offer.

3. Other big time players will want to come here, and get some of the marketing deals over seas.

Sorry NY. Mybe in 2016.:eyebrow:

Plus The cavs can offer 30mill more then any other team.

Are you serious about those points?

superkegger
05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
he may leave, he may not. That's about all we know for sure.

MrBloop
05-28-2009, 07:19 PM

What u guys think ?

This thread is sloppy, from the opening sentence to the "Heyward-Bey" pic

Lebron should leave that god awful city. I also laugh at this news of a chinese company buying stock in the Cavs lol like thats supposed to garuntee anything. If he came to NY investors from all over the world will be lining up to make him offers.

I just want the Cleveland fans to be crushed for talkin like they're on the cusp of 3 peat, when this team showed its true colors once they played actual competitiion.

Lakersfan2483
05-28-2009, 07:27 PM

Basically, his ball-dominating style is becoming detrimental to the team. Just because you are spoonfeeding your collective teammates about 6 times a game doesn't mean you're putting them in a position to create and establish rhythms for themselves. They've all clearly shown the ability to step up and create at some point it's just with Lebron dominating 44% of the team's offense, it causes dependency issues that were not there during the season, and is not the same team that lost by 1 against a fully-active Philly with Lebron and Mo sitting the whole game the last game of the season.

:clap: Well said, also people can't tell me that a team that won 66 games during the regular season and has one of the best records of all time doesn't have talent around their superstar. You don't have the top record in the NBA if you don't have enough help/talent. Lebron is putting up some ridiculous numbers right now, but it's not translating to them winning enough games against Orlando. If the Cavs lose this year to Orlando, what can people point to, is it James not having enough help or is he not allowing his teammates to get into an established flow/rhythm to win? All I know is that with Garnett's injury and Cleveland having the top record, they were the clear cut favorites to come out of the East and so far have come up short. In many people's eyes, the Cavs were supposed to be good enough to win it all.

MrBloop
05-28-2009, 07:27 PM

horrid dirty city
taxes are too high

The only thing this kid knows about NY, is how to get jerked, buying fake Rolex on Canal street.

You would get jumped on Christopher street by the bridge and tunnel posse.

Show some respect for the greatest city on earth

MrBloop
05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Are you serious about those points?

lol I know he made -7 points.

Does this kid not realize how many asians live in NY???? If Lebron came to NY he'd have a chinese, korean, japanese, tibetan, mongolian, you name it investors calling his agent.

Diggy_2
05-28-2009, 07:31 PM

C David Lee

who is TBD ?????:confused:

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Its not his fault. Its his coaches offensive system that is the problem. A pick and roll system that revolves around one player being responsible for his own and everyone else's numbers will never succeed. Orlando is letting Lebon get all the numbers he wants and stopping the other guys. They dont have a back up plan because they have solely depended on Lebron to set them up all year. Cp3 will never win a ring with that offense either. You have to have a post game or maybe an offense like the triangle, or one where you give all the players on the floor equal responsibility to create their own shots or shots for others. Instead of creating an offense so that one player gets all the responsibility, stats and subsequently all the credit or blame

Weezy
05-28-2009, 07:33 PM
You fail at life.

im gunn x2 this...

IBleedPurple
05-28-2009, 07:34 PM
C David Lee

No way you could afford Lee, Bosh, & Lebron. Not to mention Nash, even at the MLE. You would have to pay other players, including a bench.

heyman321

Are you kidding? Lebron would have 15 assists a game if his teammates actually made shots in the playoffs. You know how many open shots Mo Williams and Delonte West have missed, WIDE OPEN? If they acutally made their shots, they WOULD be in rhythm. Getting shots in gets you in a rhythm. If I knew how to manipulate video at all, I could honestly show you like a 6 minute montage of all the wide open shots his teammates have missed after Lebron is double teamed and gives them wide open shots.

To answer the question, hell NO it's not Lebron's fault. Cleveland needs to get a real center. The only reason they lost game 4 is because Varejao let Howard get three straight dunks. Trade Wally and Z and other junk to get Shaq. Then Shaq has another ring, Lebron is Finals MVP and all is good.

jimbobjarree
dont know dont care......and I wont until July 2010

superkegger
05-28-2009, 07:35 PM
who is TBD ?????:confused:

To be determined...

Pretty common abbreviation.

JordansBulls
05-28-2009, 07:38 PM
There's a debate going on in the Bulls forum and JordansBulls seems convinced that if the Cavs lose, the blame goes to Lebron.

Just want to get other opinions on this. I for one totally disagree, and don't know how much more Lebron can do to carry his team.

It's not all on Lebron, but he will get some of the blame as the Cavs are heavy favorites to win the east.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_CavsvsMagicSeries.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers

In fact only 2 teams that have won 65+ games have not won the title and it was the 2007 Mavs and 1973 Celtics

These other teams all won the title.

2008 Celtics
2000 Lakers
1997 Bulls
1996 Bulls
1992 Bulls
1987 Lakers
1986 Celtics
1983 Sixers
1972 Lakers
1971 Bucks
1967 Sixers

I don't want to hear that the Cavs weren't supposed to win it all when they are losing now.

The biggest problem is that he allowed his teammates to run off his mouth when he should have kept quiet. The only player that should ever run their mouths on a team making guarantees are the main star players.
Like last series when Orlando was down 3-2 to Boston, Dwight made a guarantee that the Magic would win. Dwight was the star so he could say that.

Also the Cavs blew two 20+ point games at home in the 1st 2 days of the series. If Cleveland wins the home games they are set. But because they are trailing then all of a sudden everyone else on the team gets the blame. I'm sorry the Cavs were rolling the Magic the 1st two games and just couldn't sustain it.

bal_ravens
05-28-2009, 07:38 PM
It's not his fault. The Magic are just on another level then they are.

JordansBulls
05-28-2009, 07:43 PM
It's not his fault. The Magic are just on another level then they are.

Cavs won 66 games and the Magic won 59 games. Magic win games 1 and 4 by 1 point and 2 points. If Cleveland wins it homes games where they lost game 1 by 1 point then the series is tied 2-2 with Cleveland having HCA for the series. The problem is the Cavs had no challenge in the playoffs until they lost game 1 and once they got behind in the series it was going to be tough to get other guys going as they were going to start panicking.

Lakersfan2483
05-28-2009, 07:58 PM
It's not all on Lebron, but he will get some of the blame as the Cavs are heavy favorites to win the east.

In fact only 2 teams that have won 65+ games have not won the title and it was the 2007 Mavs and 1973 Celtics

2008 Celtics
2000 Lakers
1997 Bulls
1996 Bulls
1992 Bulls
1987 Lakers
1986 Celtics
1983 Sixers
1972 Lakers
1971 Bucks
1967 Sixers

I don't want to hear that the Cavs weren't supposed to win it all when they are losing now.

The biggest problem is that he allowed his teammates to run off his mouth when he should have kept quiet. The only player that should ever run their mouths on a team making guarantees are the main star players.
Like last series when Orlando was down 3-2 to Boston, Dwight made a guarantee that the Magic would win. Dwight was the star so he could say that.

Also the Cavs blew two 20+ point games at home in the 1st 2 days of the series. If Cleveland wins the home games they are set. But because they are trailing then all of a sudden everyone else on the team gets the blame. I'm sorry the Cavs were rolling the Magic the 1st two games and just couldn't sustain it.

:clap: A lot of people don't seem to remember the Cavs were blowing the Magic out in both home games.

kmoneyjuice
05-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Lebron should go to the Kings. All set with young talent to win in the near future + when they make a huge turnaround next year he will get the credit!:clap:

kmoneyjuice
05-28-2009, 08:03 PM
I think Lebron is going to the knicks reguardless

Kobe is a rapist!

montazingmvp
05-28-2009, 08:12 PM

horrid dirty city
taxes are too high

:rolleyes:

where are you from thats so much better than one of the most visited and decorated cities in the world?

D Roses Bulls
05-28-2009, 08:16 PM

2008 Celtics
2000 Lakers
1997 Bulls
1996 Bulls
1992 Bulls
1987 Lakers
1986 Celtics
1983 Sixers
1972 Lakers
1971 Bucks
1967 Sixers

look i dont like lebron really at all and im tired of hearing all of this hype and praise from espn and everyone else in the damn sports world. how espn treats this situation its like you would think cleveland was winning this series, but you saying it is lebrons fault is just mind boggling. because he wasnt the one talking crap and wasnt the idiot guaranteeing the victories instead of mo? that is just dumb reasoning. yes, they blew those leads, yes the magic are having their way with the cavs, but if the cavs would just give him some help and be able to hit a shot then this might be a whole different story. i dont blame lebron, i blame mike brown and his crappy couching. he is so in love with lebron he asks him to do everything. this proves van gundy should have won coach of the year and brown shouldnt. anyone who thinks that man is a great coach doesnt know basketball. it was proven when he put ben wallace on rashard lewis game 4 on that 3 pointer he hit. its his role players and bad coaching that put this team in the hole. not lebron there is no I in team, or i guess in this case no lebron in team. they all gave up playing defense game 1, but his supporting cast was the one who could not hit the open shots lebron gave them.

Becks2307
05-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Are you kidding? Lebron would have 15 assists a game if his teammates actually made shots in the playoffs. You know how many open shots Mo Williams and Delonte West have missed, WIDE OPEN? If they acutally made their shots, they WOULD be in rhythm. Getting shots in gets you in a rhythm. If I knew how to manipulate video at all, I could honestly show you like a 6 minute montage of all the wide open shots his teammates have missed after Lebron is double teamed and gives them wide open shots.

To answer the question, hell NO it's not Lebron's fault. Cleveland needs to get a real center. The only reason they lost game 4 is because Varejao let Howard get three straight dunks. Trade Wally and Z and other junk to get Shaq. Then Shaq has another ring, Lebron is Finals MVP and all is good.

lol then Shaq would have won the tite with the top 3 wing players in the last decade

Lakers4ItAll
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
X2

look i dont like lebron really at all and im tired of hearing all of this hype and praise from espn and everyone else in the damn sports world. How espn treats this situation its like you would think cleveland was winning this series

ManRam
05-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Anyone who says LeBron isn't getting his teammates involved enough is out of their minds...and clearly not watching. Every point Varajeo has scored this series has been because of a great LeBron pass. He's the only non-jump shooter on the team. He's the only guy LeBron can pass the ball to down low and expect a basket. The rest of the guys have to make shots when LeBron gets them the ball...and they aren't. Everyone else on the team is basically a jump shooter. Z basically is just a three point shooter now. Delonte and Mo haven't done much themselves. LeBron has driven, and kicked it out to wide open shooters regularly this series. He's the best passer left in the playoffs. His shooters just aren't making shots. Plain and simple. They are better when he's running the offense. He's contributed to +40% of the teams points because no one else is scoring. I almost feel bad for him...not actually though.

Credit the Magic defense too. SVG's defensive coaching in these playoffs...besides a few plays (LeBron buzzer beater)...has been impeccable. He's done such a good job. Too bad he wont get any credit because Dwight called him out...when he really had no business to nor was he right about what he said.

I love how everyone who voted that it is his fault, besides 2 people, aren't backing up their votes...curious to see what they are seeing and I'm not.

D Roses Bulls
05-28-2009, 08:36 PM
With all of the expectations the Cavs had and especially winning 66 games in the regular season and being down 3-1 to the Magic in the playoffs, will Brown be fired if the Magic win tonight or game 6?

I never liked Brown and always thought he was overrated as a coach. he clearly is being out coached by Van Gundy which he should have won coach of the year anyways. Brown has yet to find an answer to Orlando's high pick and roll and has made questionable player match ups which was evident in game 4 2h3n he put Ben Wallace on Rashard Lewis. I think he should be, and i think its a possibility because when you dont meet expectations, there usually are changes and it starts with the coach.

S.J.Basketball
05-28-2009, 08:44 PM

Gotta go with this.

BALLER71
05-28-2009, 08:45 PM
He is controlling the ball too much and taking too many shots at the outset of the game. He needs to get his team going first. When you are on an elite team there is no need for you to get it going from the get go. You need to get others going first.
Thing is, they're not a elite team. Where's Mo Williams?

Giaps
05-28-2009, 08:45 PM
LOL at the guy who thinks 15% ownership from Chinese people means he will get more endorsement deals than he would in New York.

Chronz
05-28-2009, 08:52 PM
So let me get this straight, the Cavs have gone away with what won them games because they want Bron to get his stats? Thats basically the gist of all this? There are more than a few holes in this train of thought, so I want to make this clear, seems to me alot of you have misunderstanding about what gos on during playoff series.

Chronz
05-28-2009, 08:54 PM

2008 Celtics
2000 Lakers
1997 Bulls
1996 Bulls
1992 Bulls
1987 Lakers
1986 Celtics
1983 Sixers
1972 Lakers
1971 Bucks
1967 Sixers

Its funny, are you honestly not aware of how much your helping LeBrons argument by posting that? Look at the roster of the teams you listed, look at Brons current cast, no comparison.

harsh506
05-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Realistically, the media will blame it on him. It works the other way too, if they win, then its all because of lebron....10 years from now if they do win, its not gonna be the cavs that won, its gonna be lebron who won.

fishfan79
05-28-2009, 09:04 PM
The only thing this kid knows about NY, is how to get jerked, buying fake Rolex on Canal street.

You would get jumped on Christopher street by the bridge and tunnel posse.

Show some respect for the greatest city on earth

been there plenty and I havent been jumped or dealt with, as for respect why? It is a rat hole. There are far greater cities in the world like London, Paris to name a pair in europe. Go see the world some and grow up some then come back and see if NYC is the greatest in the world.

My points remain besides the personal attacks by those in ignorance. Overall the simple fact, nobody wants to be a Knick

Sandman
05-28-2009, 09:11 PM
LOL at the guy who thinks 15% ownership from Chinese people means he will get more endorsement deals than he would in New York.

Rumor has it this will lead to Yao with Cleveland.

But back to the thread, I think LeBron needs to win a championship this year or next year or he's bolting.

kblo247
05-28-2009, 09:31 PM
BEST SIG on here period. that is freaken hilarious!!!!!!

nice job :clap: hahahahhaha ahahahahahaaa haaaa

kblo247
05-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Lebron and Brown split the blame 50/50

Brown
- no offensive scheme
- poor defensive adjustments
- lacks enough of a set to call out Lebron for hogging the ball

Lebron
- hasn't improved his mid range game or free throw shooting after 6 years
- won't man up defend Hedo or Lewis
- will not play off the ball to help his teammates stay involved

The 2009 MVP and COY deserve more criticism than what they are getting

Eagles_Guy
05-28-2009, 09:39 PM
In no way is this Lebrons fault, he's doing his part and more.

smith&wesson
05-28-2009, 09:48 PM
bron bron aint going no where, why you ask well here it is.

First of all he is from clevland, whats better then winning a championchip for the city you grew up in ?? nothing!!

2nd - clevland IS a top 4 team in the leauge, its not like they suck. they had the best record in the regular season. Why leave a great team for a team like new york that basically is banking on him to turn theyre misfurtunes around. Thats like being drafted # 1 and starting all over again.

third reason - every one says that lebron wants to be a global icon. I got news for you those ppl, Lebron is a global icon! A 100 000 000 $ nike indourcment before he even signed an NBA contract. Commercials up the ying yang. Poster child for ESPN,Every stadium he plays in is a sell out, lets face it Lebron is one of the most recognized faces in sports today. period !!

4th reason - Lebron knows for a fact that while every other team in the league is trying to obtain him in 2010, his team will be out looking for the next best guy, chris bosh, amare, joe jonson, whoever!! so yes he will make ppl continue to think that he is available because he knows that will give his team the edge to land other guys.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS LEBRON DONT NEED NEW YORK, NEW YORK NEED LEBRON, AND THAT IS THE TRUETH.

If one day a rock dropped on his head and he said u know what i dont care to win a championship, I want to play for new york because .. ummm well because im an idiot, and i want to win a popularity contest that I've already won since I been in the league. He actually has absolutly no reason to go to new york . New york has salary cap to sign bosh or amare to play along side lebron ? well guess what so does Clevland, and they are one majore peice away from ring.

I'm not even a clevland fan, BUT the fact of the matter is they got him and they can offer him more then any one else can contract wise and on top of that they are already very good. They will end up getting a beast in 2010 in bosh or amare, and bron bron is going to win his rings and all of that before he even thinks about playing for another team. i dont think he is the type of guy who will quit on his team and bounce for the .... well for any reason you can come up with for him wanting to leave.

dee279
05-28-2009, 09:49 PM

What u guys think ?

I hope u dont actually believe the Cavs would trade him

D Roses Bulls
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Realistically, the media will blame it on him. It works the other way too, if they win, then its all because of lebron....10 years from now if they do win, its not gonna be the cavs that won, its gonna be lebron who won.

well maybe everyone except espn. even if they still lose, they will say he is still the greatest thing ever next to a-rod and tom brady

dee279
05-28-2009, 09:55 PM
No, its everyone elses fault. Lebron does his work but the team aint helping out.

dee279
05-28-2009, 09:55 PM
LEbron is going through wut D Wade went through this whole season

Sandman
05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
first of all he is from clevland, whats better then winning a championchip for the city you grew up in ?? nothing!!
I'm sure you and a lot of people feel nothing is better. There's no telling what LeBron wants to do. Speculating at this point is ridiculous, unless he starts buying multiple homes in a new city. He could be thinking "I want to bring a championship home" or he could be thinking "I've been here for 25 years and I want to try something new."

He'll make up his mind next summer and not a day sooner. The micro-psycho-analysis needs to stop.

marlinsfan24
05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
It's not Lebron's fault, yet this same board blames McGrady for never getting out of the first round even though he did everything he could? Another double standard for Lebron?

29$JerZ
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM

horrid dirty city
taxes are too high

Every place is dirty.
Media everywhere is bad. LBJ likes the media.
Taxes are taxes.
What about Pittsburgh? Didn't know Manhattan has so many factories:rolleyes:
Won 32 games with role players, take LBJ off of Cleveland for a season and see how they do.

Knick fans stay with their team despite our decade of folly, ignorant comments like that with no presented facts make you sound like a fool.

Also

David Lee
Danilo Gallinari
Wilson Chandler
2009 PG
2010 2nd Max FA

seems a lot better than

Mo Williams
Delonte West
J.J Hickson
2009 1st rounder

Doesn't matter if he comes or not, don't disrespect a team.

smith&wesson
05-28-2009, 10:01 PM
To be determined...

Pretty common abbreviation.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:clap: THATS JOKES

ManRam
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
As evident by this game. The Cavs got out to a huge lead...because LeBron's supporting cast made shots. In the second quarter, they all reverted to their crappy way, and Cleveland blew a 20 point lead. He had 6 assists in the first half, because guys finally are making the wide open shots he's creating.

His supporting cast getting exposed this much just makes what he did this regular season all the more impressive. No one can do more with less like LeBron can.

Ni55anpat
05-28-2009, 10:07 PM
If he is the leader, then yes HE IS to blame. plan and simple

marlinsfan24
05-28-2009, 10:08 PM

:clap:

Lakersfan2483
05-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Explain to me how does a team win 66 games and have the no. 1 record in the league, but yet they don't have enough help around their superstar? It just boggles my mind that people think his roster is that bad. They won 40 plus games last year, now they add Mo Williams and they win 66 games and have the best home record in the league, blow through both Detroit and Atlanta, but now that they are struggling, it's Lebron doesn't have enough help, please.

29$JerZ
05-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Not fully LeBron's fault, how about the team defense letting a 25+ lead constantly dwindle away to single digits?

Orlando causes so many mismatches, give credit when credit is due. Even during this 60
+ win season Orlando did well against Cleveland. It's not like this is the first time Orlando is doing well, been happening for a while.

Also, without LBJ they get swept.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-28-2009, 10:13 PM

First of all he is from clevland, whats better then winning a championchip for the city you grew up in ?? nothing!!

2nd - clevland IS a top 4 team in the leauge, its not like they suck. they had the best record in the regular season. Why leave a great team for a team like new york that basically is banking on him to turn theyre misfurtunes around. Thats like being drafted # 1 and starting all over again.

third reason - every one says that lebron wants to be a global icon. I got news for you those ppl, Lebron is a global icon! A 100 000 000 $ nike indourcment before he even signed an NBA contract. Commercials up the ying yang. Poster child for ESPN,Every stadium he plays in is a sell out, lets face it Lebron is one of the most recognized faces in sports today. period !!

4th reason - Lebron knows for a fact that while every other team in the league is trying to obtain him in 2010, his team will be out looking for the next best guy, chris bosh, amare, joe jonson, whoever!! so yes he will make ppl continue to think that he is available because he knows that will give his team the edge to land other guys.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS LEBRON DONT NEED NEW YORK, NEW YORK NEED LEBRON, AND THAT IS THE TRUETH.

If one day a rock dropped on his head and he said u know what i dont care to win a championship, I want to play for new york because .. ummm well because im an idiot, and i want to win a popularity contest that I've already won since I been in the league. He actually has absolutly no reason to go to new york . New york has salary cap to sign bosh or amare to play along side lebron ? well guess what so does Clevland, and they are one majore peice away from ring.

I'm not even a clevland fan, BUT the fact of the matter is they got him and they can offer him more then any one else can contract wise and on top of that they are already very good. They will end up getting a beast in 2010 in bosh or amare, and bron bron is going to win his rings and all of that before he even thinks about playing for another team. i dont think he is the type of guy who will quit on his team and bounce for the .... well for any reason you can come up with for him wanting to leave.

This Post is spot on. Lebron doesn't need NY. Lebron could play anywhere in the world and still be the "Global Icon" you all think he would become in NY. Makes me want to start the Thread "Will Lebron be on the Thunder if the Cavs Lose."

Pierzynski4Prez
05-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Plus players just don't leave their Hometown to go to NY. Players leave NY to go back and play for their hometown. Just how it works.

dee279
05-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Plus players just don't leave their Hometown to go to NY. Players leave NY to go back and play for their hometown. Just how it works.

Well idk if he will be goin to the knicks anyway. i could see him going to the nets. Imagine the team.

Devin Harris
Vince Carter( if not traded )
LEbron James
Yi Jianlian if he can get the spot back
Brook Lopez

smith&wesson
05-28-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm sure you and a lot of people feel nothing is better. There's no telling what LeBron wants to do. Speculating at this point is ridiculous, unless he starts buying multiple homes in a new city. He could be thinking "I want to bring a championship home" or he could be thinking "I've been here for 25 years and I want to try something new."

He'll make up his mind next summer and not a day sooner. The micro-psycho-analysis needs to stop.

why are you in this thread if your not interested in reading about it ?? its too easy to shoot down other peoples opinions, if you had an interesting one of your own, i would like to read it.

and if you dnt care about these threads, dont post in them.

smith&wesson
05-28-2009, 10:19 PM
This Post is spot on. Lebron doesn't need NY. Lebron could play anywhere in the world and still be the "Global Icon" you all think he would become in NY. Makes me want to start the Thread "Will Lebron be on the Thunder if the Cavs Lose."

exaclty!

NYM09
05-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey FishFan how are the First place Marlins doing? O wait that's right, that Team from New York that nobody wants to go to is. HAHA

29$JerZ
05-28-2009, 10:26 PM
He doesn't need NY, but that doesn't mean it hasn't crossed his mind.

Only reason for him to come is if Cleveland falls and/or New Yorks core is a lot better than Clevelands.

IMO, He only comes here to add it to his resume. Bringing back NY to its glory days will probably be the 2nd best achievement he will make in the NBA if he chooses to do so. First would be a championship obviouslly.

Of course NY fans are excited about 2010, we haven't had CAP room in over a decade. A lot of teams don't have to deal with the CAP restrictions Isiah,Layden and Dolan have put us in.

He has this playoff and next season to try to win a championship. In the end, 2010 is all about what team offers LeBron the best shot at a championship and simultaensouly put a lot of money in his pocket. If winning a Championship was as important to LBJ has he claims and money wasn't the issue I would see him in a Lakers or Spurs uniform for cheap.

He wants money and he wants to win, both are hard to have. But he wants to be the guy who won it by himself in a way. All NY can do is increase his already high fame and add the 2nd best thing to his resume.

Anything can happen, he could get injured and never be the same. Knicks aren't fully relying on LBJ to come, we are just in a position to add 2 stars with a nice core and bring greatness back to the Garden. You will run into a lot of crazy "YEAHHHHHH LEBRON COMING TOO NY in 2010 BOOK IT yeahhhhh". We all aren't like that, infact you'll find some very intelligent and die hard knick fans in NY and here on PSD :)

Sandman
05-28-2009, 10:29 PM
why are you in this thread if your not interested in reading about it ?? its too easy to shoot down other peoples opinions, if you had an interesting one of your own, i would like to read it.

and if you dnt care about these threads, dont post in them.

That's not what I mean and I'm sorry for singling you out.

But there's a lot of substance to some of these rumors until they get down to "LeBron will do this because he thinks this".

smith&wesson
05-28-2009, 10:30 PM
He doesn't need NY, but that doesn't mean it hasn't crossed his mind.

Only reason for him to come is if Cleveland falls and/or New Yorks core is a lot better than Clevelands.

IMO, He only comes here to add it to his resume. Bringing back NY to its glory days will probably be the 2nd best achievement he will make in the NBA if he chooses to do so. First would be a championship obviouslly.

Of course NY fans are excited about 2010, we haven't had CAP room in over a decade. A lot of teams don't have to deal with the CAP restrictions Isiah,Layden and Dolan have put us in.

He has this playoff and next season to try to win a championship. In the end, 2010 is all about what team offers LeBron the best shot at a championship and simultaensouly put a lot of money in his pocket. If winning a Championship was as important to LBJ has he claims and money wasn't the issue I would see him in a Lakers or Spurs uniform for cheap.

He wants money and he wants to win, both are hard to have. But he wants to be the guy who won it by himself in a way. All NY can do is increase his already high fame and add the 2nd best thing to his resume.

Anything can happen, he could get injured and never be the same. Knicks aren't fully relying on LBJ to come, we are just in a position to add 2 stars with a nice core and bring greatness back to the Garden. You will run into a lot of crazy "YEAHHHHHH LEBRON COMING TOO NY in 2010 BOOK IT yeahhhhh". We all aren't like that, infact you'll find some very intelligent and die hard knick fans in NY and here on PSD :)

hey i agree with somthing your saying, there are some great new york fans on here fsure. but me personally i dont think he is going no where, but your right you never know what goes through his mind. and any thing is possible too.
chears bro

NYM09
05-28-2009, 10:30 PM
What people seem to forget is money talks.Lebron has already expressed interest playing for New York so for the people here saying he doesn't want to be a Knick is lying to themself. Take an example out of New York Teams in baseball.Notice how the Yankees and Mets have the money to sign big name players like Sabathia,Burnett,K-Rod,Beltran etc..ITS NEW YORK. when 2010 comes around the Knicks will be cleared up enough cap space to sign any max player they want.That is what makes them dangerous next summer.

Sandman
05-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah but Cleveland can/would/will offer him more money on an NBA contract.

He could probably make some more money in NY, but where and how much remains to be seen.

Giaps
05-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah but Cleveland can/would/will offer him more money on an NBA contract.

He could probably make some more money in NY, but where and how much remains to be seen.
His Nike contract expires the same year he is a free agent. Think they'll have a say as to where they want him to go? I'd say so...

Sandman
05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
haha didnt realize that

dee279
05-28-2009, 11:12 PM
What people seem to forget is money talks.Lebron has already expressed interest playing for New York so for the people here saying he doesn't want to be a Knick is lying to themself. Take an example out of New York Teams in baseball.Notice how the Yankees and Mets have the money to sign big name players like Sabathia,Burnett,K-Rod,Beltran etc..ITS NEW YORK. when 2010 comes around the Knicks will be cleared up enough cap space to sign any max player they want.That is what makes them dangerous next summer.

Yeah. But Brooklyn is New York. Jay Z will be moving the Nets to Brooklyn, and Jay Z and Lebron are good friends. So the knicks who will not be as good as the Nets if the nets stay in tact, will have a better chance at Lebron if he doesnt stay in cleveland.

k42d85
05-28-2009, 11:24 PM

horrid dirty city
taxes are too high

WOW you are a sad individual.

heyman321
05-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Lebron and Brown split the blame 50/50

Brown
- no offensive scheme
- poor defensive adjustments
- lacks enough of a set to call out Lebron for hogging the ball

Lebron
- hasn't improved his mid range game or free throw shooting after 6 years
- won't man up defend Hedo or Lewis
- will not play off the ball to help his teammates stay involved

The 2009 MVP and COY deserve more criticism than what they are getting

Lebron just made you look stupid for saying that. I agree the Brown is a crappy coach, but you cannot possibly blame James for the Cavs being down in the series.

why the hell would you want Lebron to play OFF the ball?! He IS the offense. I don't think you guys understand that. If his teammates made their shots like they did today, he would have 15 assists every game like he roughly did today. Telling him to play off the ball is incredibly stupid. That's like telling the Suns not to give the ball to Steve Nash ASAP, he IS the system.

And he acutally HAS improved his mid range games and FTs AS well as 3 point shooting over the last 6 years, you are clearly blind. And how has he not "manned up" to defend Turkoglu or Lewis? Explain please.

heyman321
05-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Explain to me how does a team win 66 games and have the no. 1 record in the league, but yet they don't have enough help around their superstar? It just boggles my mind that people think his roster is that bad. They won 40 plus games last year, now they add Mo Williams and they win 66 games and have the best home record in the league, blow through both Detroit and Atlanta, but now that they are struggling, it's Lebron doesn't have enough help, please.

It's not that he doesn't have help, it's that the rest of the team is sucking right now. Williams and West are missing wide open shots. Lebron would have 15 assists every game if they acutally made their shots. The only place they could improve is at the C. Neither Varejao or Ilgauskas can defend Howard, nobody can. But they need someone better than no D Varejao, and old Z and Ben Wallace. Luckily, Lebron made a clutch play to foul out Howard. :clap:

FaceDown91
05-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Doesn't lebron's contract expire in 2010? I guess i did not get the memo...:confused:

FaceDown91
05-29-2009, 12:00 AM

horrid dirty city
taxes are too high

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc

^^that is all.

FaceDown91
05-29-2009, 12:08 AM
yes, blame it all on the guy who has been doing his job and more while his teammates are not supporting him in any way shape of him. It's completely his fault and he should be ashamed that he is not averaging 50 a game right now...

JordansBulls
05-29-2009, 12:11 AM
I put it this way,

If the Cavs win the series he gets the credit, so if they lose why shouldn't he get the blame when the Cavs came into this series heavy favorites and had the HCA?

MJ-BULLS
05-29-2009, 12:14 AM
i hope he doesn't join the knicks, he should come to chicago and join D. rose and the bulls, and follow Jordan footsteps here in chicago to bring the glory days back :D

FaceDown91
05-29-2009, 12:17 AM
I put it this way,

If the Cavs win the series he gets the credit, so if they lose why shouldn't he get the blame when the Cavs came into this series heavy favorites and had the HCA?

just because a team was a favorite to win it does not mean 1 player like lebron who has been doing everything he can to keep the team going be the blame?

How about Mike Brown? What about Mo Will (beside game 5)? what about Big Z? You can't seriously blame a player who has been doing basically all the work load for losing.

FaceDown91
05-29-2009, 12:19 AM
i hope he doesn't join the knicks, he should come to chicago and join D. rose and the bulls, and follow Jordan footsteps here in chicago to bring the glory days back :D

I don't think he can wear 23 if he joins the bulls can he?

JordansBulls
05-29-2009, 12:19 AM
just because a team was a favorite to win it does not mean 1 player like lebron who has been doing everything he can to keep the team going be the blame?

How about Mike Brown? What about Mo Will (beside game 5)? what about Big Z? You can't seriously blame a player who has been doing basically all the work load for losing.

Mo Williams was getting 17 ppg prior to today's game. Lebron actually messes the Cavs up because he controls the ball wayyyy too much.

theuuord
05-29-2009, 12:21 AM
stop.
this.
madness.

FaceDown91
05-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Mo Williams was getting 17 ppg prior to today's game. Lebron actually messes the Cavs up because he controls the ball wayyyy too much.

I agree he does take the ball way to much. but what do you expect? The cavs have been playing that way the whole season and that is mike brown's game plan the whole time.

theuuord
05-29-2009, 12:22 AM

wrong. he was averaging 15.6, and that was on less than 40% shooting - 32% from three, both WAY below his season averages.

LeBron is doing a lot of things by controlling the ball for the Cavs. messing the team up is not one of them.

edit: realized you were talking about this series and not the entire playoffs. which, in that case, you're right, but his shooting percentages are even worse, which means his points are even less efficient.

JordansBulls
05-29-2009, 12:25 AM
wrong. he was averaging 15.6, and that was on less than 40% shooting - 32% from three, both WAY below his season averages.

LeBron is doing a lot of things by controlling the ball for the Cavs. messing the team up is not one of them.

edit: realized you were talking about this series and not the entire playoffs. which, in that case, you're right, but his shooting percentages are even worse, which means his points are even less efficient.

Wrong he was averaging 17.3 ppg this series.

theuuord
05-29-2009, 12:27 AM
In the 4 games prior to this one on the series, Mo was shooting 17-42 (.405) from inside the arc and 6-27 (.222) from beyond it.

the fact that he was taking that many shots per game at such an inefficient rate was a huge detriment to the team. Anyone watching this series can see that LeBron is doing everything he can to keep his teammates involved as well as put points on the board at an efficient rate.

Frankly, it's an insult to how good LeBron is to say that he's causing ANY kind of detriment to this team.

theuuord
Wrong he was averaging 17.3 ppg this series.

you should read my edits.

tr4shb0t
No, it's a team sport. But, that doesn't mean Lebron played the best game possible. Getting his teammates involved early is key.

theuuord
05-29-2009, 12:29 AM
No, it's a team sport. But, that doesn't mean Lebron played the best game possible. Getting his teammates involved early is key.

and anyone who watched the game saw clearly that that's what he tried his damndest to do.
since his teammates were making shots today as well, they won this game. LeBron scoring 37 didn't hurt either.

dee279
05-29-2009, 12:30 AM

horrid dirty city
taxes are too high

i would love to be a knick

HoosierDaddy
05-29-2009, 12:37 AM
he will never go to New York. I'm sure he wants to spend the prime of his career playing with Dario Franciitti and Nate Robinson or whoever else the Knicks have

Fear_GAS_OLDier
05-29-2009, 12:40 AM
its kobe's fault when the lakers lose no matter how good kobe is so its lebrons fault when the cavs lose, no matter how great he plays

nickster16301
05-29-2009, 01:09 AM
had the cavs gotten shaq this series would be over and the cavs would be preparing to go to the finals right now

bostncelts34
05-29-2009, 01:19 AM
i dont agree...

HOWEVER, when clevelands wins everyone hails lebron, so therefor, when they lose shouldnt you all blame him?

iluvsports2much
05-29-2009, 01:19 AM
no way...hes playing arguably the best basketball ever in a 7 game series...he would have double digit assists rite now if hes teamates knocked down more shots...

SeoulBeatz
05-29-2009, 01:28 AM
how the hell did anyone say no?

Lebron is doing everything he can to win.

its becoming more and more evident how godawful his supporting cast is.

xuchunle
05-29-2009, 01:46 AM
No, I don't think so.
Perhaps they will need to find an big man like Yao, who can fight against Howard.

bleedprple&gold
05-29-2009, 01:55 AM
had the cavs gotten shaq this series would be over and the cavs would be preparing to go to the finals right now

Were they supposed to get Shaq?

Kyle N.
05-29-2009, 02:14 AM
If they fire the Coach of the Year..................... then I don't know.

theuuord
05-29-2009, 02:25 AM
i dont agree...

HOWEVER, when clevelands wins everyone hails lebron, so therefor, when they lose shouldnt you all blame him?

^faulty logic.

nickster16301
05-29-2009, 02:39 AM
Were they supposed to get Shaq?

yes they were

unk88
05-29-2009, 03:27 AM
they should just trade cleavland alreadyand keep lbj lmao he is averging 40 points a game, the man is a walking triple double i dont know why they thought adding mo williams was going to be enouph, at least the celtics(as much as i hate them) made sure to add solid pieces to their line up. I hope lebron sighns with a different team where they will take advantage of a player with this much talent!

GspLAL
05-29-2009, 05:32 AM
Me personally, i blame their coaches the most, seriously do they have any plays drawn up for anyone else not named Lebron?

J-Relo
05-29-2009, 07:28 AM
noooo

icon1914
05-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Can't really blame Lebron for handling the ball so much. He would not need to if West and Williams were more reliable though out the entire game. If he wants the win he has to take the load on to himself, thats what true stars do. Sure he makes bad plays from time to time... but at least he makes more solid plays that involve him getting a basket, getting to the line, or getting the ball to an open teammate. Not his fault if they can't put down the easy dunk, or hit the open jumper.

Mo Williams and West have missed a number of open looks that would have put the Cavs in a much better situation. I'm sure Lebron would happily give up the ball if someone else actually wanted it.

One more thing is the defense. In game four they let Alston get like 26 points on them. Most of his points were uncontested threes, no excuse for that. No excuse at all. A person hits two open threes you get out on him, you don't dare him to hit like three more. I know the Magic create mismatches... but leaving Alston open almost the whole third quarter is just bad defense.

ewing
05-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Only if Lebron James says so

1goldenrican1
05-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Here are my thoughts. I think he will bolt to NY or somewhere else if they dont make it to the finals this year or next year. This is why...

1.) The window for a championship is 3-4 years tops. There was an article on it. I will find it and post it. Like Dallas, Phoenix, San Antonio, and Detroit window has closed. The bottom teams will start to rise b/c they are younger and reaching there prime. Teams like the Blazers, Bulls, even the damn bobcats.

2.) While the cavs get older, other teams are younger and have draft picks.

3.) The cavs aren’t a great team without lebron. If they didn’t have him they would be sitting at 29-33 wins. The Knicks have better role players then the Cavs and have Rising players. Not players who are aging. Last year the cavs only had 45 wins. 13 more then New York's record this year

4.) Everyone thinks a MAX contract player is coming to the cavs. Who wants to move there??? I understand Lebron b/c he is building a massive house but is Bosh or whoever is going to do the same thing? NO.

5.) I think this is the best team they could put around him and its still not enough. The Knicks are at the bottom BUT we were in the hunt for the playoffs. Add more experience, Lebron and other FA and we can be a top 3-4 team in the east.

6.) Lets say we keep Lee for the cheap. around 7 mil and trade nate with Jefferies. We draft curry. We will have Curry, Lee, Gallo, Chandler, Al, Maybe nash or Sessions with the MLE b/c we will trade Duhon. If eddie fat *** curry comes back in shape and in his 06-07 form then thats a plus. we can keep him until his contract runs out or trade him. The Knicks future is now brighter then the cavs IF we both dont have Lebron

I'm not saying its for sure he is leaving. all im saying is if he leaves he is coming to NY.

TorontoSports
05-29-2009, 09:23 AM
no

SlaterRaps
05-29-2009, 09:26 AM

What u guys think ?

i think you forgot about next season
hes a free agent in 2010 which means after the 09-10 season

BenFrank
05-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I can't see Lebron leaveing the cav's to rebuild a team from the bottom up, if u want to talk money there will be contender's who can offer him both the fame and the money... T-mac's a god in china.. I wonder why.. his contract expires when LBJ's does, Houston could offer him slightly less than New York money wise, but more on a famous level, and not 2 mention a better shot at winning a championship.. even though this probably wont' happen it's just a example.. he allready started from the bottom.. he's allmost in his prime.. I don't think he wants to do that again

marlinsfan24
05-29-2009, 10:36 AM
If this was a Kobe or Wade or any other player thread, the answer would be yes. This is getting ridiculous.

masalex1205
05-29-2009, 10:48 AM
dumbest thread ever

Kabowdos
05-29-2009, 10:56 AM
One thing first... the Cavs are not out of the playoffs just yet. Everyone is counting them out already. Magic still has to beat them one more time.

LeBron is playing well, but there is a problem when he scores 40 plus points in a game and his team loses more than they win. Something is wrong there. Maybe he should get his teammates involved more rather than just being a one man show. His team played well all season against the Eastern Conference, which is not as good as the West. East is top heavy. LeBron's teammates aren't there because none of them have much experience at all. Their immature and we can see that through their celebration style and swagger. No other championship team acted like a bunch of high schoolers.

Kabowdos
05-29-2009, 10:59 AM
The blame is going to go on LeBron. He is the superstar that is what happens. If the Lakers don't win the championship... who is getting the blame Kobe. If Kobe wins he will take the thrown as the best player in basketball and if LeBrons win he will. The season has been a Kobe Vs. LeBron all year. Everyone expected them to be in the finals. You get to see how good a team really is in the playoffs.

Lo Porto
05-29-2009, 11:06 AM
In 2010, here are his known teammates at the respective teams - considering neither team has cap room for 2009/10, a huge addition is probably not likely:

Cleveland - Mo Williams (28), Delonte West (27), Gibson (24), Hickson (21) & Darnell Jackson (25)

New York - Gallinari (21), Wilson Chandler (22), Eddy Curry (28), David Lee (27), Maybe Nate Robinson (26), Maybe Jared Jeffries (29)

A lineup with Gallinari, Chandler, and Lee is better than a lineup with Mo, Delonte, and Hickson. Add in that free agents would rather go to NY than Cleveland, the future looks brighter in NY.

prodigy
05-29-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't understand why people automatically assume that because a Chinese INVESTMENT group bought a FIFTEEN percent stake in the Cavs that he's going to be China's next big star. The reason the company bought that stake was to diversify its holdings not to make Lebron a star.

Ya, why would that company want to make money right? ewww money is nasty.

SteveN84
05-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Only if Lebron James says so

So true. That is why LeBron wont leave Cleveland

prodigy
05-29-2009, 11:18 AM
In 2010, here are his known teammates at the respective teams - considering neither team has cap room for 2009/10, a huge addition is probably not likely:

Cleveland - Mo Williams (28), Delonte West (27), Gibson (24), Hickson (21) & Darnell Jackson (25)

New York - Gallinari (21), Wilson Chandler (22), Eddy Curry (28), David Lee (27), Maybe Nate Robinson (26), Maybe Jared Jeffries (29)

A lineup with Gallinari, Chandler, and Lee is better than a lineup with Mo, Delonte, and Hickson. Add in that free agents would rather go to NY than Cleveland, the future looks brighter in NY.

So the cavs won't pick up any FA's, or make trades? common.

Eddie curry? yes lebron will go there to play with eddie. lol. dont chandler play same spot as lebron? Chandler should be happy with his 4 mins of playing time.

Nate robinson is kinda like the little brother that always hangs out with the big brother. Nobody really likes him, But they don't wanna be mean and tell him that. gallinari is still a big question mark.

anyways, The cavs will be very active in the off-season even if they come back and win this series.

one more thing. Lee will want alot of money, so I idk if you guys can afford him, role players, lebron and another superstar you guys would have to get to intice lebron to pass up 30mill more in contract money, and more marketing deals in cleveland. Plus leaving his home.

Giaps
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM

Yea, the supporting cast is definitely better in NY and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. Lebron made Mo Williams a friggin all-star. He makes average players look much better than what they are.

NY will also have the #8 pick in this draft to add to the supporting cast. Sign and trades are also possibilities with Lee and Nate although I'd rather we kept Lee and traded Nate.

CLE supporting cast is getting very old. Aside from the guys you mentioned (2-3 of those are in the rotation depending on the day), Ilgauskas, Wallace, Smith, Szerbiack are all getting very old. That is 4 of their top 7 guys.

Giaps
05-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Eddie curry? yes lebron will go there to play with eddie. lol. dont chandler play same spot as lebron? Chandler should be happy with his 4 mins of playing time.
Wilson Chandler:
14.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.1 apg, .9 spg, .9 bpg, 33.4 mpg
21 years old, Rookie-Sophomore Game participant
Can play SG, SF, PF

Not exactly 4 mins of playing time is it?

Lo Porto
05-29-2009, 11:34 AM
So the cavs won't pick up any FA's, or make trades? common.

Nate robinson is kinda like the little brother that always hangs out with the big brother. Nobody really likes him, But they don't wanna be mean and tell him that. gallinari is still a big question mark.

anyways, The cavs will be very active in the off-season even if they come back and win this series.

With LeBron playing SF, Chandler could definitely start at SG. In D'Antoni's offense, sometimes the Knicks will play LeBron at PF (like last night), Gallinari at SF, Chandler at SG, and Lee at C.

I would be shocked if Nate was back next year. The Knicks will call the Kings back and try to pull off that Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries for Kenny Thomas deal.

You're right, both teams will make trades or free agent pickups to get better. The Cavs blew a shot to get better this year by trading Wally's expiring for something valuable. They have Ben Wallace's expiring, so they better trade that for something. Either way, their post game will be non-existent in 2010 if they don't make changes/additions (Big Z -too old, Varejao - average, Ben W - average). NY probably won't add much this offseason, but they'd already have a young big man (Lee), two young wings (Gallinari and Chandler) and the 2009 draft pick PG (Evans or Curry).

nycericanguy
05-29-2009, 11:44 AM

nobody knows if hes leaving or not but your post makes no sense whatsoever.

The cavs are a top 4 team because of Lebron, they have no 2nd star and Z and Ben are old.

The cavs can sign a 2nd star yes but what FA do you know that wants to play in Ohio???

The knicks will have enough money to sign Lebron AND another top FA. Nash also is from NY and has a man crush on D'antoni. he would come here for the MLE and he will still be very good in 2010.

Everyone says they love playing for D'antoni. Cavs coach Brown has been severly outcoached by the undertaker... i mean stan van gundy in this series. Dont think lebron isnt noticing that his coach sucks.

pacofunk64
05-29-2009, 11:56 AM
He should join Dwight in Orlando. No taxes, nice weather...& an unbeatable team.

CTown81
05-29-2009, 11:56 AM
There is no chance Mike Brown is fired. He just won Coach of the Year and does a great job managing the team and a superstar in Lebron James. The fact that this question was even posed is ridiculous. Also he is not being outcoached by SVG Orlando just presents match up issues for the Cavs unlike any other team in the league including Denver or the Lakers. The Cavs are two R.Lewis 3s away from having advanced already after last night's win. Sometimes you need to tip your cap to the other team and acknowledge that they are playing really good basketball. We also must remember that Orlando is not a bad team by any stretch. They are one of the elite teams in the league just like CLE.

If the Cavs were not showing up at all and losing by 15+ each game or would have gotten swept while losing by 15+ then that is a different story. The reality is that this has been a very good series with close games throughout. Even the two double digit wins in the series were in doubt until the last two mintues.

It was only two weeks ago that everyone was wondering if Stan Van Gundy should be fired duing the Orl/Bos series. Where are those thoughts now? Now he is the coach of the year? Give me a break.

kbaxter34
05-29-2009, 11:58 AM

x2

It dosn't help that Brown is a joke and has no coaching skills what so ever, but if you are the leader of the team then the blame/credit goes on you.

Lebron is having one hell of a series but this is not a 1-on-1 tournament. It takes a team to win championships, not one person. Just ask Wilt Chamberlin, Oscar Robertson, or Elgin Baylor. He needs to involve his teammates early and often. Let them develop a rhythm so he doesn't have to dominate the ball the whole game.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality. - Joe Paterno

cantstopthee
05-29-2009, 12:03 PM
no, pal.

JMG15
05-29-2009, 12:19 PM
nobody knows if hes leaving or not but your post makes no sense whatsoever.

The cavs are a top 4 team because of Lebron, they have no 2nd star and Z and Ben are old.

The cavs can sign a 2nd star yes but what FA do you know that wants to play in Ohio???

The knicks will have enough money to sign Lebron AND another top FA. Nash also is from NY and has a man crush on D'antoni. he would come here for the MLE and he will still be very good in 2010.

Everyone says they love playing for D'antoni. Cavs coach Brown has been severly outcoached by the undertaker... i mean stan van gundy in this series. Dont think lebron isnt noticing that his coach sucks.

No he is not, he's canadian. FAIL.

Sandman
05-29-2009, 02:03 PM
this is ********. I have no idea what thread I was in and it seems like they're all pretty legit given that they are DIFFERENT SUBJECTS.

Surprised there are multiple threads in the general forum? PEOPLE WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. Its the playoffs, there are no other teams left.

ink
05-29-2009, 02:24 PM
this is ********. I have no idea what thread I was in and it seems like they're all pretty legit given that they are DIFFERENT SUBJECTS.

Surprised there are multiple threads in the general forum? PEOPLE WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD. Its the playoffs, there are no other teams left.

There is already a thread about Mike Brown, we have had endless threads this season about Lebron going to NY, there are threads talking about how much blame Lebron should get if his team loses, and the series isn't even over. It's all completely hypothetical. The point is, there are other threads for these topics already.

Sandman
05-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Ok, I get that there are other topics -- so why aren't they merged with those at least? now it's just a cavs cesspool, why not just move them to the cavs forum?

KingOfNY
05-29-2009, 03:09 PM
God i hope he goes to the Knicks...but i have no idea. Everyone in New York is debating whether or not to root for or against the Cavs. The people rooting for them are hoping when he reaches free agency that he thinks that he already accomplished what he wanted to accomplish in Cleveland and now he wants to really solidify his spot at the best player ever by going to the Knicks and winning. The people rooting against him think that it will discourage him into thinking he will never win with Cleveland, and leave in free agency. Personally I have no idea what to believe.

I just had to say being a New York native and represent all NY teams; what NYY3487 stated is exactly how the vibe is hear in the city. I for 1 respect what the Lebron's are doing right now (Just kidding the team is some what contributing at least last night they were) and I am on the LA vs CLE band wagon. However you have to respect Orlando's gangsta so I won't be mad if the make it either. So in co-signing NYY3487 I'm on the side where if CLE loses I would hope he wants to come to NY since he could not do it in CLE. A yo NYY3487 good looking out ya statement son :clap:. You saved me from having to say it.

mikantsass
05-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Cavs need to sign a player or two in the off season... LeBron needs help. Right now they have NOONE that can help him (including Mo Williams). They need to sign Rasheed or a veteran of that calibur.

prodigy
05-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Let me ask everyone here a question. Not for bias NY fans.

Right now, is lebron lacking endorsement deals? for real? take time right now, and think of all his endoresements. You will need 4 clean pieces of paper. Don't count hosting SNL, espy's, late show apperences, and all that stuff.

So now you add a big chinese group that could market him overseas big time. How would that not get him more endorsement deals then just going to NY? They can sell alot more lebron gear in stores, he could make guest apperences. All that good stuff.$$$$$$$$$$$

If he goes to NY, How many more endorsements will he really get? Now YES, his shoes might sell alittle better. But is that worth...

leaving your home,
leaving a better team,
leaving 30mill contract money on the table,
Leaving a chance to market yourself big time in china?

Lebron wants to be a GLOBAL icon. Not a NY icon.

prodigy
05-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Cavs need to sign a player or two in the off season... LeBron needs help. Right now they have NOONE that can help him (including Mo Williams). They need to sign Rasheed or a veteran of that calibur.

well mo williams is a good player, and a key guy to have. But yes, the cavs will go after help in the Off-season no matter what happens in these playoffs.

in FA, you look at guys like charlie V, jason kidd(wants to play for cleveland) they could help. But I think going after a redd type player would be best. Redd is so injury prone, that he can't cost that much like bosh, or any other huge stars will. So I think he can be had.

But they will be very active.

ragee
05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Why would it be Lebron's fault if they lose? He is basically doing everything for the team and their two wins were also because of him... If the Cavs lose, it is because, Magic is a better team.. Plain and simple... Why would anyone blame Lebron for it...

championships
05-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I would blame the coach. He doesn't adjust to the game at all. Guard the shooters, Magic thrive off of the three, but yet the Magic are still shooting open threes. The Cavs don't even run an Offense. The Cavs run Lebron Iso at the top of the key and the other four guys just stand there. I don't disagree with Lebron running the offense but the other guys have to do something set picks, run pick and roll, cut to the rim, set picks off the ball and get your shooters open, Some kind of movement. Lebron is putting up big numbers, I say he is doing his part

prodigy
05-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Wilson Chandler:
14.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.1 apg, .9 spg, .9 bpg, 33.4 mpg
21 years old, Rookie-Sophomore Game participant
Can play SG, SF, PF

Not exactly 4 mins of playing time is it?

If lebron is on the team, chandler won't play PF or SF. He can play SG, But He better get in great shape, because true SG's will be smaller and faster.

Lo porto- Why would lebron who believes in defense, play for D'Antoni? D'Antoni's style is proven not to work.

Also, you keep naming the good players you have. The Knicks do have good young talent. BTW, they will all want BIG MONEY. Try keeping them all together. Its not the yankees buddy sorry, you can't just buy and keep all the great players.

BTW, in 2010 the knicks will have to get chris bosh to. alot of money there.