PDA

View Full Version : What would you think of a Lebron/Wade Duo?

Heater4life
05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Whats up basketball fans; just wanted to see what you guys thought of a Lebron James and Dwayne Wade duo in 2010. How do u think they'd play if they were ever to pair up on an actual NBA team, be it the cavs, heat, knicks,....you get my drift. That being said, do u think they would dominate ala chicago bulls with jordan and pippen or like the lakers three-peeting team?

superkegger
05-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Never gonna happen outside fo the Olympic Team. Period.

JordansBulls
05-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Whats up basketball fans; just wanted to see what you guys thought of a Lebron James and Dwayne Wade duo in 2010. How do u think they'd play if they were ever to pair up on an actual NBA team, be it the cavs, heat, knicks,....you get my drift. That being said, do u think they would dominate ala chicago bulls with jordan and pippen or like the lakers three-peeting team?

Won't happen. Each player wants to lead a team on their own.

BenFrank
05-28-2009, 05:04 PM
I doubt that even happen, unless it's down the line when there close to being washed up, but it would be the closest thing to jordan and pippen imo

DrDEADalready
05-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Wouldn't work. they both would want to be the #1 option. So they would be fighting over the ball. I just can't see it working.

Missing56&33
05-28-2009, 05:15 PM
It would work and and be down right unfair. Its possible, if Lebron wants to go to Miami or Wade to Cleveland. I see Lebron in Miami first though

Er1c
05-28-2009, 05:17 PM
wont happen trust me

lakers4sho
05-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Won't happen, and it wouldn't work. Both of them demand the ball as much as the other, and neither of them are outside shooters, nor would either of them reduce their game to complement the other.

BALLER71
05-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Wade is a facilitator so basketball wise, that would be a amazing duo. But the chances of them actually playing together are unlikely.

blacknell
05-28-2009, 05:25 PM
that duo would be better than Jordan and pippen if they could click together

lakers4sho
05-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Wade is a facilitator so basketball wise, that would be a amazing duo. But the chances of them actually playing together are unlikely.

But LeBron demands the ball most, if not all, of the time, so I don't know how Wade's "facilitating" skills can work here :shrug:

J$mo0th_3o5
05-28-2009, 05:31 PM
:pray: Man if only....

prodigy
05-28-2009, 05:32 PM

well I think they would be sweet. Both love to pass, and are highlight players. But with the heat being in maimi, Wade won't leave, and with a huge company in china buying part of the cavs, Lebron won't be going anywhere.

abe_froman
05-28-2009, 05:34 PM
wont happen,and in the outside chance it does i doubt it would be in miami(which i'm guessing is where you'd want that dream duo to take place)

IRUAM #21
05-28-2009, 05:36 PM
wont happen,and in the outside chance it does i doubt it would be in miami(which i'm guessing is where you'd want that dream duo to take place)

Miami has enough Money for it.

what54!?
05-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I'll be happy if we just re-sign wade. But lebron is more than welcome to join :)

lakers4sho
05-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Miami has enough Money for it.

so yeah that would be LeBron, Wade, a bunch of D Leaguers...

... and Mark Blount

oh well, I guess that'll work :shrug:

Heater4life
05-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Im loving the defensive posts or the "it'll never happen" were getting left and right. That wasnt really what I asked. IF it were to happen, whether it be on the heat, knicks, cavs, etc.... How do u think the duo would work out?

Becks2307
05-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Im loving the defensive posts or the "it'll never happen" were getting left and right. That wasnt really what I asked. IF it were to happen, whether it be on the heat, knicks, cavs, etc.... How do u think the duo would work out?

thats exactly what i was thinking everyone is acting as if you wrote "lebron and wade 2010" you simply asked how it would work out.

Imo it would be down right unfair.

IRUAM #21
05-28-2009, 05:54 PM

... and Mark Blount

That's a dynasty right there.

SwaggaIke
05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
The funny thing is not one poster in this thread seems to realize that Wade AND LeBron would both prefer not to have to play w/ the ball as much. Wade had the greatest scoring season of his career and said he would love to NEVER score 30ppg again. Both Wade and LeBron have BEGGED front office exec's for players who can create on their own so that they wouldn't have to carry such a burden. They both would love to be able to work off the ball on a consistent basis. I think we're confusing LeBron and Wade w/ the other SELFISH superstars of the league, these two are not. Granted the combination will likely never happen but if it did, they would be amazing.

Heater4life
05-28-2009, 05:57 PM
yea remember those are laker fans with kobe on their team.

lakers4sho
05-28-2009, 06:10 PM
The funny thing is not one poster in this thread seems to realize that Wade AND LeBron would both prefer not to have to play w/ the ball as much. Wade had the greatest scoring season of his career and said he would love to NEVER score 30ppg again. Both Wade and LeBron have BEGGED front office exec's for players who can create on their own so that they wouldn't have to carry such a burden. They both would love to be able to work off the ball on a consistent basis. I think we're confusing LeBron and Wade w/ the other SELFISH superstars of the league, these two are not. Granted the combination will likely never happen but if it did, they would be amazing.

I have yet to see Wade dominate WITHOUT being the main ball handler and/or the main offensive guy. Sure he can still play, but would he be as dominant?

Some people are blowing this out of proportion, think about reality for once :o

Heater4life
05-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I think it would just be insane. How would you game plan for that? You cant even dream of sending one double team. If they score at will either way now, do you think together there is a single team that could stop that duo?

lakers4sho
05-28-2009, 06:14 PM
I think it would just be insane. How would you game plan for that? You cant even dream of sending one double team. If they score at will either way now, do you think together there is a single team that could stop that duo?

See, this is what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

lakers4sho
05-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Remember they are only playing with one basketball.

Heater4life
05-28-2009, 06:15 PM
If it isnt realistic enough for you im sure there are plenty of playoff theards for you. If you really dont think much of a hypothetical duo, then theres no reason to post.

Jonathan2323
05-28-2009, 06:18 PM
It would work because Wade and Lebron are both unselfish players.

LayZbone
05-28-2009, 06:22 PM

... and Mark Blount

Yeah but Mark Blount is expiring :cry: along with JO and Haslem. We'd still have Beasley, Chalmers and Cook coming back as our youthful core. And we have enough money to offer 2 max deals (Wade/Lebron in this scenario....but more likely Wade/Bosh) and a couple solid role players.

Those of you saying it won't work, you better hope not for your team's sake....cause if the Heat, Knicks or Cavs make this pipedream a reality...I don't see how anyone can stop them. What can you do? double team both of them? They're both as unguardable as players can be in this league today. We're talking about 2 of the top 3 players in the league....both great defenders, great passers.....they'd have no problem sharing the ball. We're not talking about a Melo/AI combo here....Lebron and Wade are on a whole nother level as far as how they approach the game. They are too damn good to not make it work.

SwaggaIke
05-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I have yet to see Wade dominate WITHOUT being the main ball handler and/or the main offensive guy. Sure he can still play, but would he be as dominant?

Some people are blowing this out of proportion, think about reality for once :o

It doesn't matter what you have seen before. I never saw Dwyane carry a team on his back for 82 games plus the playoffs before this year, but he did it. How about the Olympics when he worked off the ball 80% of the time? All he did was run curls and cut to the basket. People forget how improved Wade's jumper is, the man shot over 40% from 3 from the All Star game on.

And another thing, its not about him being as dominant, that's what you can't seem to understand. Its about putting wins on the board. You have two players that DEMAND double teams, who do you double? What wing do you load up on? In which direction of the floor do you rotate your defense to? Wade and LeBron want championships, they would be a devastating combo.

Heater4life
05-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Those of you saying it won't work, you better hope not for your team's sake....cause if the Heat, Knicks or Cavs make this pipedream a reality...I don't see how anyone can stop them. What can you do? double team both of them? They're both as unguardable as players can be in this league today.

LMAO!!!! Thats why the Lakers fans are so defensive, its denial.

I mean i would never want Wade to leave, ever!!! But if he were to leave the Heat, i would want to see him pair up with Lebron. It would basketball beauty. Frankly i think david stern would want it too. can you say $$$$$!!!!

madiaz3
05-28-2009, 06:36 PM
You'll be hardpressed to combine two all-stars at similar positions, let alone superstars and have them play championship caliber basketball together, haven't seen it since

Earl the Pearl and Walt Clyde.

Jonathan2323
05-28-2009, 06:38 PM
You'll be hardpressed to combine two all-stars at similar positions, let alone superstars and have them play championship caliber basketball together, haven't seen it since

Earl the Pearl and Walt Clyde.

they dont play the same position.

Wade-PG or SG

Lebron-SF or PF

2010 or Bust
05-28-2009, 06:39 PM
All I know is people always say that Lebron and Wade don't have anyone to step up with them in crunch time. With Wade and Lebron you would have two of the best closers in basketball. Both guys have icewater in there veins and both guys are unselfish. I can't believe some of you think that combo wouldn't work. If these guys both get on a team together the league is in trouble!!! F#@$ Miami and Cleveland Knicks in 2010!!!!

PG Stephen Curry
SG Dwayne Wade
SF Lebron James
PF David Lee
C Who Cares!

SwaggaIke
05-28-2009, 06:39 PM
LMAO!!!! Thats why the Lakers fans are so defensive, its denial.

I mean i would never want Wade to leave, ever!!! But if he were to leave the Heat, i would want to see him pair up with Lebron. It would basketball beauty. Frankly i think david stern would want it too. can you say $$$$$!!!!

False, that's the last thing Stern would want to see. That would mean utter and complete domination of the league for too long of a stretch than Stern could handle. The league (Stern) wants an unpredictable league in which all teams have a chance. He didn't enjoy Jordan winning 6 titles in a decade, he didn't enjoy the Lakers winning 3 straight and he hasn't enjoyed the Spurs winning 4 titles in a decade.

Heater4life
05-28-2009, 06:40 PM
It doesn't matter what you have seen before. I never saw Dwyane carry a team on his back for 82 games plus the playoffs before this year, but he did it. How about the Olympics when he worked off the ball 80% of the time? All he did was run curls and cut to the basket. People forget how improved Wade's jumper is, the man shot over 40% from 3 from the All Star game on.

And another thing, its not about him being as dominant, that's what you can't seem to understand. Its about putting wins on the board. You have two players that DEMAND double teams, who do you double? What wing do you load up on? In which direction of the floor do you rotate your defense to? Wade and LeBron want championships, they would be a devastating combo.

Spoken like a man who truly knows about the game of basketball. :clap:

Jonathan2323
05-28-2009, 06:42 PM
what would be fun to watch is Wade and Amare/Bosh vs Lebron and Amare/Bosh.

that might happen to.

Heater4life
05-28-2009, 06:47 PM
False, that's the last thing Stern would want to see. That would mean utter and complete domination of the league for too long of a stretch than Stern could handle. The league (Stern) wants an unpredictable league in which all teams have a chance. He didn't enjoy Jordan winning 6 titles in a decade, he didn't enjoy the Lakers winning 3 straight and he hasn't enjoyed the Spurs winning 4 titles in a decade.

My argument against that is I believe most fans "whether conciously or unconsciously" are craving to see the next "jordan-esque" squad appear and dominate. That'll generate revenue. Did he ever openly state those were his feelings? (curious) Did the NBA's revenue drop in those years?

sp1derm00
05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Would be an amazing duo. Saying they wouldn't work together is contradictory to what Jordan and Pippen showed us.

Pippen was THE point-forward. Wade would have to focus less on passing, which would cut down on his considerable amount of turnovers... he would play more of the MJ role and less of a Combo guard role.

I think it would absolutely work, and if they got a decent big like JO to join them... given that JO avoids injury and has production at least as good as he has right now, they would win a championship pretty easily.

Will it happen? No.

Wade is seemingly commited to Miami and Lebron is either going to NY or staying in Cleveland.

bogdanrom
05-28-2009, 07:19 PM

:surrender:

Derick713
05-28-2009, 07:22 PM
I think most teams after Wade or James would rather pair them up with Bosh or Stoudemire rather than each other. Wade is a bit older and an injury risk. Most teams don't commit two max contracts to wings players.

Wade could be Pippen to James.