PDA

View Full Version : Kobe and Lebron Puppet commercials

dee279
05-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Has anyone seen these? They pretty funny actually. Will be even more funny if one of them dont make it to the finals which is lookin very likely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6znkbMJJTyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azMR-ZYaOnQ&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtzQ0eXVoJo&feature=channel

madiaz3
05-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Before you get flamed to death!

Yes! Not only have they been aired throughout all of the playoffs, but there have been numerous threads on all of them! D:

dee279
05-27-2009, 11:59 PM
oh didnt know and i wouldnt get flamed bout it. Aint no reason to get mad ova sumthin simple like dat. Well i guess i just put all of them together now though.

madiaz3
05-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Here's the 4th, (well, third chronologically.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH16SWQNh8o

DJYankee
05-28-2009, 12:09 AM
How long that commercial is going to last when the Magics eliminate the Cavs.

Or wait and see till Nuggets eliminate the Lakers.

dee279
05-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah they going to have to put a D howard or Carmelo or D howard and carmelo commercial up

dee279
05-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Here's the 4th, (well, third chronologically.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH16SWQNh8o

thanx neva seen dat 1

LA412
05-28-2009, 12:24 AM
i think they are all pretty funny........the first one is probably the best

dee279
05-28-2009, 12:28 AM
I like the ms.lucy one. " oh that was ms. lucy. She say..... U aint got no defense" lol

leftymo
05-28-2009, 12:49 AM
these two are really trying to compete against each other.

Lebron gets 8 turnovers, and Kobe says he's better by getting 7 turnovers...

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 12:57 AM
as funny as they are, this is horrible.

Is not bad enough everyone is saying the leaague is setting up a Kobe Lebron Finals? I guess not. Lets make commercials so we clear up any misconceptions. Really smart. Simply effen BRILLIANT. Fastest way to kill wat little credibility is left.

Why couldnt they wait for the Finals?

Wat if last year they put out Celtics Lakers commercials before they made it?

Chronz
05-28-2009, 01:05 AM

Is not bad enough everyone is saying the leaague is setting up a Kobe Lebron Finals? I guess not. Lets make commercials so we clear up any misconceptions. Really smart. Simply effen BRILLIANT. Fastest way to kill wat little credibility is left.

Because it might not be a relevant commercial by then and Nike loses out. Your vendetta on these boards is clear as day, I really doubt the NBA cares about your stance on their cred.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Because it might not be a relevant commercial by then and Nike loses out. Your vendetta on these boards is clear as day, I really doubt the NBA cares about your stance on their cred.

Theres no question, I dont like LA and cleveland. outside of that, why make the commercial at all????

Really tho, whats the problem with waiting to make it? Its not like they used Kobe or Lebron's voice anyways.

Then u got ESPN endorsing this on their website and even now in their new LA studio.

its like damn, could u please leave a small doubt in fans' minds the Finals isnt set up?

it just looks so sketchy.

your right tho, i do have a problem with both teams. they are my rivals. however, after last year's celtics lakers finals, a kobe lebron finals will look so suspicous. i want to think last year was legit u know.

superkegger
05-28-2009, 01:10 AM

You do realize it's Nike making those commercials, not the NBA, right?

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 01:12 AM
You do realize it's Nike making those commercials, not the NBA, right?

thats true. guys i could be wrong u know lol

im just pointing out that this stuff doesnt help a league comming off a ref scandal that still has refs involved in that scandal reffing playoff games.

superkegger
05-28-2009, 01:17 AM
thats true. guys i could be wrong u know lol

im just pointing out that this stuff doesnt help a league comming off a ref scandal that still has refs involved in that scandal reffing playoff games.

if lebron and Kobe don't meet in the finals, with these commercials, it does nothing but help the leagues credibility. As far as the leagues credibility, a magic, denver series would be a gold mine.

Marketing wise, not as much. But its not like Dwight didn't recieve the most all star votes ever this last year, and everyone loves a redepmtion story, and the nuggets have that up the wazoo.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 01:45 AM
if lebron and Kobe don't meet in the finals, with these commercials, it does nothing but help the leagues credibility. As far as the leagues credibility, a magic, denver series would be a gold mine.

Marketing wise, not as much. But its not like Dwight didn't recieve the most all star votes ever this last year, and everyone loves a redepmtion story, and the nuggets have that up the wazoo.

oh absolutely. If the finals is not lakers and cavs, i will not question its credibilty.

i agree with all of this.

downsos
05-28-2009, 02:07 AM
I would rather they do these commercials in the offseason or if they were actually in the finals. It makes it seem like that's what the NBA wants.

Chronz
05-28-2009, 04:16 AM
Yes we're all familiar with the wwe comparisons, its all garbo man

RapOZo
05-28-2009, 08:49 AM
why is everybody saying nike should wait for the finals to do that?
do those commercial say or have anything to do with the finals? no!
they are just commercial, pretty funny ones, everybody was debating about it, so nike when for the debate too, they have them, so they can use them whenever they want, off season, pre season, regular season, playoffs, finals, Nike inc doesn't have to wait for them to be in finals to make commercial about them

Ilir
05-28-2009, 08:51 AM
yea i think theyre hysterical. i also feel that people take them too seriously. they're just the biggest names, who would you have put instead of them 2

leftymo
05-28-2009, 09:13 AM

I'd change marketing wise not at all... The two 50+ win teams make the finals and the two 60+ win teams don't make it?

I think the best teams will make the finals, the NBA, contrary to inferior fan complex, does not "rig" it to have finals to their liking. Right now the better teams are 1 game away from clinching the series.

spitz511
05-28-2009, 09:38 AM
This has nothing to do with the NBA. These are commercials paid for just like the vitamin water commercials. Has nothing to do with the NBA fixing the finals.

OrLMaGiK1
05-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Too bad those commercial are made by Nike because it would be hilarious if they had a Howard puppet dressed as Superman running around pretending to fly. Or if Denver advances have billups pop up and keep taking about how he hits big shots all the time "MR. Big Shot" HAHA

skinsfan4life80
05-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Why even make the commerical at all? Did someone really ask that? Maybe because they are the two biggest names in all of basketball and right now every basketball fan in the country is watching tv. Why the hell would they show the commerical in the offseason? To show basketball commericals in baseball season is just stupid..because basketball fans arent watching baseball..have you ever heard of target audience? Thats like saying why dont they interview Arod during halftime of the superbowl. Nike pays both the guys a ton of money they would be dumb not to use this time to show there adds. The NBA has nothing to do with it...as long as Nike pays for the add space they can show whatever they want. Plus there funny..some of you just want to complain about everything..guess you would rather see some more TMobile spots with Dwade and Charles..like that never gets old..or some more chessy car insurance adds