PDA

View Full Version : Are the Royals buyers or sellers?

FWBrodie
05-27-2009, 09:39 PM
They're currently sitting in second place, four games behind Detroit. Do you think the Royals believe they are one or two pieces away from making a run to the playoffs or do you expect them to bow out and let other teams in the AL Central make moves and leave them behind? If they could somehow aquire top of the rotation pitcher to pair with Greinke and make the playoffs they would be dangerous.

Cooper
05-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, you're right...but i don't see any out there at the moment.

FWBrodie
05-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Erik Bedard? Jake Peavy?

cheerio
05-29-2009, 08:46 AM
I don't see Peavy going to KC, they don't have enough income to keep him

Cooper
05-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Peavy wont consider an American League team. He already shot down the White Sox deal...he wont come to K.C.

FWBrodie
05-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Bedard?

Rique
05-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Royal's are sellers theres no way Greinke keeps this up all season and then the record will be more realistic

ChiefLee
05-30-2009, 10:17 AM
I kind of doubt they'll be either. They'll float around .500. Just enough wins to kind of stay in the picture in a weak division. They don't have the ability to take on much payroll. So don't see them buying. And they don't have a lot to sell that teams will want. Maybe trade somebody out of the pen where the Royals are fairly deep. Don't see anybody wanting Guillen or Teahan (when Gordon gets back), which are two vets they'd probably be willing to unload.

Kinsm
05-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Mark Teahen is the kind of player who has value around the trade deadline, he can play up to 6 positions in a pinch, hits adequately well, and has a moderate salary. Guillen on the other hand, the Royals would have to eat alot of his salary, he probably wouldn't have warranted more than 8 million per in this past offseason.

With that said I don't see the Royals as sellers, they should hover around .500 till the deadline. If anything they find a way to get a SP, a team totally out of it may pay a players entire salary if they get back some talent in return. Someone like Washburn could be a possibility, SEA may be willing to pay most of his salary if they get 1/2 good prospects in return.

Tragedy
05-31-2009, 03:39 AM
I think they'll stand pat, maybe moving a few pieces around, just nothing that would officially call them a seller or a buyer. They've got a pretty good team and solid players that they're trying to build around, and they're also winning. No need to do much.

Cooper
05-31-2009, 06:11 PM
I agree, Tragedy. I don't see the Royals making many changes this season. They might try to add some depth, but nothing major.

yearofthecub
06-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Well, I'm pulling for you guys now. I'm bailing on the Cubs this year short of a series of minor miracles and trades. At least rooting for your team I won't be as emotionally involved if things don't turn out well. Somebody want to fill me in on the ins and outs of Royal fandom?

Cooper
06-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Right now, i think we are having a patience issue. We added Coco Crisp and Mike Jacobs to the lineup, and Juan Cruz, Kyle Farnsworth, and Sydney Ponson to the staff. We are getting killed right now with injuries and cold bats. Zack has been stellar, but Meche has not pitched well and Davies hasn't regained his form from September and also this spring.

We were supposed to be a better club and started out 18-11, but have played poorly the last 3 weeks. So far, we have avoided the big losing streak from past years....we just know we can be better than this.

FWBrodie
06-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Sydney Ponson ain't gonna do it. The Royals need to add a top half starter.

trevhipp7
06-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I think they should go after a starting pitcher, someone relatively young, around 25 or 26
maybe Jonathon Sanchez from the Giants...

trevhipp7
06-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Do you think a trade like this would be possible?
KC gets: Matt Cain, Emanuel Burris
SF gets: Billy Butler, Daniel Cortes, Luke Hochevar, and maybe a low level high ceiling pitching spec...

ChiefLee
06-06-2009, 10:23 AM
We were supposed to be a better club and started out 18-11, but have played poorly the last 3 weeks. So far, we have avoided the big losing streak from past years....we just know we can be better than this.

Hey Coop, I think the losing streak is here. What is it, 8 and counting? All of a sudden we're 23-31, 4th in the division, 5.5 games back, and can't buy a clutch hit. Is it football season yet? Chiefs have minicamp this weekend. :)

IndiansFan337
06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Do you think a trade like this would be possible?
KC gets: Matt Cain, Emanuel Burris
SF gets: Billy Butler, Daniel Cortes, Luke Hochevar, and maybe a low level high ceiling pitching spec...

I don't think Matt Cain is going to get dealt anywhere. SF treasures their pitching depth. And RJ isn't going to be around much longer, so I don't see them dealing one of the youngsters right now.

Cooper
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey Coop, I think the losing streak is here. What is it, 8 and counting? All of a sudden we're 23-31, 4th in the division, 5.5 games back, and can't buy a clutch hit. Is it football season yet? Chiefs have minicamp this weekend. :)

Yeah, haha...it could be! I wish we could post video here, I found the National Anthem from a Chiefs game....packed stadium, of course....where they ALL sing ..."the home of the.....CHIEFS!" on youtube. It would be cool to post it in the Chiefs forum! :cool:

MooseWithFleas
06-12-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't see the Royals being a big buyer or seller. I could see them trying to trade for a mediocre starting pitcher of the Doug Davis or Jason Marquis type. Someone who isn't particularly good, but can eat innings and save the bullpen, while keeping the team in the game.

Cooper
06-13-2009, 03:47 PM
After Luke's outing last night, we might just be looking at the pendulum swinging back the other way. Meche looke like a master his last time out, and Bannister has been solid all along. Zack has pitched good in his last 2 non-wins, and it looks as though the hitting is maybe coming around. So, after going 7-23 in our last 30....we are only 7.5 games out. It could be worse.

DieHardColtsfan
07-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution hears the Royals "covet" Yunel Escobar. As O'Brien says, Mark Teahen alone would not likely be enough to acquire the Braves' shortstop.

mlbtr

ILikeThePhils
07-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I want Willie Bloomquist.