PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wallace needs to start...

vincentino
05-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Big Ben is the only player on the Cavs who can give Dwight a tough time and even though he has aged, still has a bit of his old self in him somewhere, i think...
he is as strong as howard... just dont let dwight jump over you Ben...
thoughts? if any?...

pebloemer
05-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Big Ben is the only player on the Cavs who can give Dwight a tough time and even though he has aged, still has a bit of his old self in him somewhere, i think...
thoughts? if any?...

He's got the bulk for it, and Cleveland being down 3-1 needs to try and change something. So I would give it a try. If he can find at least a shadow of his former self and keep Howard a bit further from the basket, it could yield dividends for Cleveland. Might be a big if, but down 3-1. . . something needs to change.

chaos47
05-27-2009, 08:44 AM
I have to disagree on that one. Dwight Howard is too quick for Big Ben. Just having the size doesn't mean he would pose a threat to stop Howard. This series is over in my opinion, I do think it will go 6 games, but Orlando is just a better TEAM than Cleveland.

Mr.ATLHawks
05-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah Big Ben is slow. Why would you start Big Ben when you have the blazing footspeed of Iggy to guard Dwight Howard in the pick and roll which Orlando is absolutely killing Cleveland with? Someone slap this guy Big Ben is a hell of alot faster the Zydrunas, ALOT faster. This makes since to me, or give Joe Smith some more time on the court. Dwight Howard is not that quick and is a waste on the block, they need someone to help out on these screen and roll's.

IndyRealist
05-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Dwight is not that FAST, he's quick around the basket. I don't think Wallace is tall enough or quick enough to bother Howard at all. They need to figure out something, because they cannot leave Orlando's shooters in game 5.

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Big Ben impressed me last night, I agree, I think he needs more minutes, Big Z is all over the place

superkegger
05-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Z and varejao had so much trouble guarding Dwight, Ben was the only who even stands a chance, he needs to get the job. He won't, but he should.

IndyRealist
05-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Z and varejao had so much trouble guarding Dwight, Ben was the only who even stands a chance, he needs to get the job. He won't, but he should.

But do they give up Zydrunas' scoring, with the rest of the team besides Lebron shooting so poorly?

superkegger
05-27-2009, 03:49 PM
But do they give up Zydrunas' scoring, with the rest of the team besides Lebron shooting so poorly?

Well, the one game the Cavs won, they held Dwight to 10 points. The other 3 games, he's averaging 27 ppg. So I'd say, slow dwight down at whatever cost.

AIsixersFK
05-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Ben Wallace needs to start...................thinkin about retirement

Jahari Kavi
05-27-2009, 04:22 PM
i've been saying that Z should ride the bench and play against Gortat......Mike Brown is an idiot

Missing56&33
05-27-2009, 05:51 PM
thoughts? if any?...

NO :pity: HELL NO ...DH is not the same DH hes a top center in the league now. Ben cant handle DH down low. Ben Wallace never should have left the Pistons

ShockerArt
05-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Ben Wallace isn't (and never really was) a great one-on-one post defender. His specialty used to be coming from the weak side to block shots and jump the passing lanes. At this point in his career, he doesn't even do that much anymore.

Nikolishin
05-27-2009, 06:06 PM
series goes 7 and cleveland wins it, nba is just setting it up so it can make lebron look even more great

Chronz
05-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Ben Wallace isn't (and never really was) a great one-on-one post defender. His specialty used to be coming from the weak side to block shots and jump the passing lanes. At this point in his career, he doesn't even do that much anymore.

Its wierd, hes rarely played more effective post defense than at this stage in his career. But it is true, perhaps an adjustment as he declined.

Mr Wonderful
05-27-2009, 06:16 PM
I think we learned a few years ago that Wallace is done.

AmerTeam/KB24
05-27-2009, 06:18 PM
b. wallace is a liability.....

ProdigyI
05-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Wallace stopped playing ball after he got his contract

SJSHARKIES
05-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Agree Ben needs to start, everyone that's saying he is slow, **** he's still faster than Z who has a long history of foot problems. Wallace is also stronger, you do loose offense, but at this point their main priority should be trying to slow down Howard, even if that means loosing some offense. Start Big Ben.

vincentino
05-28-2009, 05:54 AM
I would much prefer wallace guarding Dwight over varejoiyj... overtime of game 4 was a disaster for that guy...

Ilir
05-28-2009, 08:59 AM
i've been thinkin about this for a while and after he game the other night i think he should. I don't think he should get that much more playing time but i think he would be better at holdin down dwight early thus messing with his momentum

xDjEpYOnx
05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
^^^I agree, you saw quickly in OT, when Ben got burned, he hacked Dwight hard and put him on the line, dwight made the FTs but i'm sure he'll go 1 of 2 more often than not. At the very least, give ben a chance and use up his fouls.