PDA

View Full Version : A crazy scenario for the Cavs

JoeRealist
05-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Don't know if this has been said, but there is a way that the Cavs can come back from this series. Here's the scenario.

Cavs win game 5 at home..LeBron will get ALOT of calls that can easily trigger a Dwight Howard meltdown and technical foul..OR..

Varajeo gets under Howards skin and causes a double T by wrapping himself up with Howard causing Howard to swing or throw elbows. I can EASILY see Varajeo putting out a bounty on Howard to make him get a T.

Hward gets suspended game 6 and Magic lose at home..

Cavs win game 7 at home.

Whatcha think??

madiaz3
05-27-2009, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't mind Howard popping Varejao in the mouth, anyway, extremely doubtful, regardless, the Magic has proven they can both win without Howard in these playoffs, and win on the road.

Game_Over
05-27-2009, 02:04 AM
I think they may take back that Tech on Howard, he wasn't taunting anyone!!

superkegger
05-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Howards 6th Tech will probably be rescinded.

JIDsanity
05-27-2009, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't mind Howard popping Varejao in the mouth, anyway, extremely doubtful, regardless, the Magic has proven they can both win without Howard in these playoffs, and win on the road.

A Howardless Magic against the Cavs will go nowhere

Ni55anpat
05-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Ok i really dont get people. Lebron is not god .....the cavs are NOT the best team.

Seems like the Cavs and Lebron get too much hype and asz kissing , fock.

Magic will win the series.

pete_one
05-27-2009, 02:18 AM
andy v will probably do something dirty to get tangled up with superman to get a double T.

lakerboy
05-27-2009, 02:20 AM
I can't believe to some people Cleveland is still the favorite to win the series.

Game_Over
05-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Ok i really dont get people. Lebron is not god .....the cavs are NOT the best team.

Seems like the Cavs and Lebron get too much hype and asz kissing , fock.

Magic will win the series.

Where have you been Lebron vs. Kobe is the next Magic vs. Bird or so that is the way ESPN, Nike and the NBA are pushing for.. I agree though tired of all the Lebron, Kobe talk!!

sp1derm00
05-27-2009, 04:03 AM
Where have you been Lebron vs. Kobe is the next Magic vs. Bird or so that is the way ESPN, Nike and the NBA are pushing for.. I agree though tired of all the Lebron, Kobe talk!!

and I'm tired of people saying Kobe gets superstar treatment when he clearly doesn't.

if you care to argue about it, just take the past 2 games of each series.

Dwight fouls out on a CLEAN block on Lebron's 3. Kobe gets shoved in the back w/ 2 hands on a cheap/dangerous foul by Jones... plain old foul.

Kobe gets trip ON PURPOSE by Jones, AFTER Odom drains a 3 (it left his hand before Kobe got tripped) so if it were called correctly, the 3 would count and it would be a flagrant foul so the Lakers could have had 5 points on that possession + the ball which would have (at the time) put them right back in the game.

Meanwhile, Lebron gets a suspicious foul called on him to tie the game up at the end of the 4th...

No calls to protect Kobe, and the slightly touch on Lebron is an immediate whistle.

kblo247
05-27-2009, 04:13 AM
Kobe gets superstar treatment, I can acknowledge that as a Lakers fan because if I didn't I know that I would be a Damn fool.

He gets to complain to refs for much longer than the average player does and sometimes he is able to get the benefit of the doubt when altercations take place.

The thing though is that no one gets the Lebron treatment, not even Wade in the Finals.

Touching Lebron results in instant foul trouble, and he is allowed to barrel into his opponents thus creating the contact. He also doesn't get fouls called against him, he barely averages 2 fouls in the playoffs.

Kobe on the other hand gets a leash to speak their mind and even with that sometimes his temper gets the best of him because people clutch, grab, scratch, and get away with more contact on him thus him being tech heavy in these playoffs and last years regular season.

On the opposing side, Lebron gets away with hysterics when calls don't go his way, taunting after dunks, and constant talking. He is just reffed much different than the rest of the league much like Shaq was in the past.

azkarraga
05-27-2009, 05:03 AM
I think they may take back that Tech on Howard, he wasn't taunting anyone!!

i agree

DQL
05-27-2009, 05:40 AM
nah the Cavs will be lucky to rob the Magic 1 more game

GspLAL
05-27-2009, 05:41 AM
That's very possible if they don't take back the 6th tech, not sure why people are saying thats extremely unlikely to happen, if I were the Cavs I would plan something like that for sure.

Shortys4711
05-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Sorry Cav fans but this one is a wrap. Maigc might not have the best player in the series but they are the best team in the series. To many options for the Magic and not enough for the Cavs.

kozzer
05-27-2009, 10:09 AM
That Tech that Howard got last night was BS. The league should rescind it today. Because if they don't, Howard will get that 7th tech, either in game 5 or game 6. The Cavs will make sure he gets that 7th tech.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Don't know if this has been said, but there is a way that the Cavs can come back from this series. Here's the scenario.

Cavs win game 5 at home..LeBron will get ALOT of calls that can easily trigger a Dwight Howard meltdown and technical foul..OR..

Varajeo gets under Howards skin and causes a double T by wrapping himself up with Howard causing Howard to swing or throw elbows. I can EASILY see Varajeo putting out a bounty on Howard to make him get a T.

Cavs win game 7 at home.

Whatcha think??

If Dwight gets a Technical in game 5 then you know this **** is set up.

In fact, if the league doesn't rescind his tech in game 4 than you know that is what is going to happen.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 10:16 AM
I can't believe to some people Cleveland is still the favorite to win the series.

According to these guys Orlando didn't stand a chance. This is why I was pulling for them the whole way.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers

JaySmoke
05-27-2009, 10:19 AM
ahhh hasnt orlando beaten cavs at home... almost twice if it wasnt for the shot... magic will win in game 6 if not 5.. dont gtet ur hopes up

69centers
05-27-2009, 10:27 AM
I said it before the playoffs started and I'll say it again. Cavs can't win it all with their bench. Joe Smith, Daniel Gibson, Ben Wallace, and Wally Z are one of the weakest benches in basketball. It didn't come to light in the regular season, but it's hurting them in the playoffs. LeBron is having to play 45 minutes+ per game and there's no bench help in sight. They can't hold leads and have no one reliable when people get in foul trouble. Cavs are done.

Pietrus off the bench is huge for the Magic. He's like Posey was for the C's last year. Knock down 3's, play some tight D, and give solid minutes off the bench. Cavs have no answer.

masalex1205
05-27-2009, 10:35 AM
and I'm tired of people saying Kobe gets superstar treatment when he clearly doesn't.

bhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah breath bhahahahahahahahah

yes

clearly

dandman1021
05-27-2009, 10:42 AM
According to these guys Orlando didn't stand a chance. This is why I was pulling for them the whole way.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers

i agree with you....last night i was disgusted by the NBA and if this happens i might turn my back on watching and supporting it for a while

ChiMaverick
05-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Anyone else hear Tim Legler say that he was really impressed by LeBron hitting the 2 free throws to tie the game at the end of the 4th Quarter? ESPN needs to stop di ck riding on LeBron, Super Stars of LeBron's caliber should be draining those FT's at crunch time.

sintaks12
05-27-2009, 12:45 PM
bhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah breath bhahahahahahahahah

yes

clearly

My sentiments exactly. Kobe is every bit as bad as Lebron when it comes to whining to the officials. I never understood the "superstar treatment." These guys are so good, shouldn't they be able to elevate their games and not require special treatment. If anything, give the bench players the breaks... they can't score otherwise. But the NBA officials decide to do the opposite and give elite players the benefit of the doubt. Seriously... Lebron drives the lane with .5 seconds left, trips on himself and knocks his defender down and they blow the whistle. What a joke. Every single call he turns to the official as if to say "dude, don't you know who I am?" And Varejao all but tackles Howard on the lob pass and it's a no call. Too funny. Only in the NBA.... where "greatness" happens.

what54!?
05-27-2009, 12:48 PM
or the magic close it out in game 6. The cavs will get game 5 with those home court calls.

MickeyMgl
05-27-2009, 01:06 PM

Cavs win game 7 at home.

Whatcha think??

Let me summarize your "scenario" for the Cavaliers coming back to win this series:

The Cavaliers win Game 5. Then...
The Magic lose Game 6. Then...
The Cavaliers win Game 7.

I don't think anybody had thought of that. :)

Frank Costanza
05-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I want the win with "Superman in the buliding"
no other way, wouldnt be the same

what54!?
05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
If D.howard scores 20+, its over

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 01:19 PM
cleveland cant do anything even with the refs help.

as a side note, ESPN is officially sleeping with Lebron. watching sportscenter right and they are asking everyone, are lebron and the cavs done? the one guy who said they are done (Eric Allen) got a response of "your selling out on us!"

the highlight reel of the game was 75% lebron and he LOST.

this love affair is grossss.

madiaz3
05-27-2009, 01:22 PM
My sentiments exactly. Kobe is every bit as bad as Lebron when it comes to whining to the officials. I never understood the "superstar treatment." These guys are so good, shouldn't they be able to elevate their games and not require special treatment. If anything, give the bench players the breaks... they can't score otherwise. But the NBA officials decide to do the opposite and give elite players the benefit of the doubt. Seriously... Lebron drives the lane with .5 seconds left, trips on himself and knocks his defender down and they blow the whistle. What a joke. Every single call he turns to the official as if to say "dude, don't you know who I am?" And Varejao all but tackles Howard on the lob pass and it's a no call. Too funny. Only in the NBA.... where "greatness" happens.

How many technicals does Kobe have vs. Lebron

Kobe doesn't get the contact treatment when he drives in. Not even close to the same or as much.

what54!?
05-27-2009, 01:25 PM
cleveland cant do anything even with the refs help.

as a side note, ESPN is officially sleeping with Lebron. watching sportscenter right and they are asking everyone, are lebron and the cavs done? the one guy who said they are done (Eric Allen) got a response of "your selling out on us!"

the highlight reel of the game was 75% lebron and he LOST.

this love affair is grossss.
my favorite part was in the beginning when they were already saying there was gonna be a kobe vs. lebron finals and had to retract that a bit.

IBleedPurple
05-27-2009, 01:30 PM
If Dwight gets a Technical in game 5 then you know this **** is set up.

In fact, if the league doesn't rescind his tech in game 4 than you know that is what is going to happen.

Agreed. Could make things interesting, and completely ridiculous all at the same time.

dandman1021
05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
You know something that is sad about ESPN....i want to work there when i am older...i write articles about games and have been sending letters and i possibly might be getting a internship, however ever since ECF have started i really am having second thoughts.