PDA

View Full Version : Will Cleveland come back and win the series?

NYKnickFanatic
05-27-2009, 01:32 AM
It is very possible they can do it.

The next game is at home, wont be easy, but they will win it.
Go back to Orlando and win a very tight game.
Come back home to Cleveland and win Game 7.

I think the Cavs have come to far to just go down like this.
They need to go small and get the right players out on the court.
They need to stop forcing shots, and start taking the ball to the rim.

So, do you think Cleveland will comeback?

AllTheWay
05-27-2009, 01:33 AM
If they can win game 6, then yes I believe they will. But most likely not.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 01:43 AM
If they can win game 6, then yes I believe they will. But most likely not.

they've got to get to game 6 first.

nyyfan4life
05-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Lewis is the ultimate mismatch for that team. They have no answer for him so as of right now I don't think they will comeback and win.

Eagles_Guy
05-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Down 3-1, not likely, they may win Game 5, but I really don't see Orlando faltering 3 straight games.

GoatMilk
05-27-2009, 01:51 AM
I can totally see it happening, will they?
idk

if Cleveland's crowd gets all emo, then Orlando should finish them in 5

superkegger
05-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Only 8 teams have come back from being down 3-1. only 8. so 96% of the time, when you go up 3-1, you win the series.

championships
05-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Its possible. I've seen stranger things in the world of sports. I know the Cavs will be a very hard team to close out. I don't think Lebron will go down without a fight.

madiaz3
05-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Only 8 teams have come back from being down 3-1. only 8. so 96% of the time, when you go up 3-1, you win the series.

In the conference finals? I'd be surprised if ANY team came back from that.

bkmikeyy
05-27-2009, 02:06 AM
wow a buzzerbeater away from getting swept, maybe they arent the best team in basketball

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 02:06 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that Cleveland will win this series

Master Mind
05-27-2009, 02:11 AM
This was so close to being a sweep that it's hard to think otherwise but as we all know, anything can happen...The Magic just seems to have Cleveland's number and I can't say the Cavs are a lock for game 6...

Master Mind
05-27-2009, 02:12 AM

Remains to be seen :eyebrow:

superkegger
05-27-2009, 02:18 AM
In the conference finals? I'd be surprised if ANY team came back from that.

I don't know if it's ever happened in the conference finals, my stat was in reference to any series a team being down 3-1 coming back to win it.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 02:19 AM

really? You have 0 doubts Cleveland will win 3 straight games to win the series? What is this lack of doubt based upon?

lakerboy
05-27-2009, 02:23 AM
really? You have 0 doubts Cleveland will win 3 straight games to win the series? What is this lack of doubt based upon?

Maybe this dude is related to the commish

Kings Faithful
05-27-2009, 02:28 AM
Back when the playoffs started I said I was pulling for the Magic because they were the only team I considered "elite" that wasn't getting ANY press coverage. I said to myself "realistically I don't think they will win"...well I was wrong. They can win this whole thing and I'm gonna root for them the whole way. Despite peoples complaints about the officiating (which I actually think hasn't been THAT bad) and the nonstop taunting from each of the fans, I think a bravo is in order for the one of the best post seasons I can recall. The only one that I've lived through that I consider better was the 2002 one...but thats just cause the kings were in it :). As far as the post season as a whole goes this has to be the best one ive witnessed.Aside from a few series, most of them have been just so entertaining, exciting, and evenly matched. Whoever wins this year whole heartedly deserves it because it's been a battle for EVERY team that has made it this far. So... BRAVO top 4!

tr4shb0t
05-27-2009, 02:35 AM
The refs seem to think it is possible.

Shortys4711
05-27-2009, 06:00 AM

Thats a big call!! And sorry but i disagree

But hey dont stop believing. When the Suns where down 3-1 to the Lakers everyone told us we were crazy and that it was over. Just gotta take it 1 game at a time.

GCOOKIE7
05-27-2009, 06:40 AM
If Jose Canseco can fight MMA then Cleveland can win the next 3.

akagiredsuns
05-27-2009, 07:20 AM
This is so hilarious. Cavs will not win 3 straight. Give it up. They're not that good and Mo Williams can take his guarantee and shove it. He is NOBODY. He's done nothing in this series and has the nerve to talk smack. It's been all LeBron just like it always is. ORL will NOT lose 3 straight. The overrated Cavs are done for. Give it a rest.

29$JerZ
05-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Hard to win when LeBron/Anderson and BIG Z are the ones doing all the work on defense.

Super.
05-27-2009, 08:23 AM
As much as I love LeBron....i dont think it's going to happen....

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 08:25 AM

also consider Cleveland won only 1 game thus far and that was by 1 point on a last second shot.

Also consider that Orlando has not got off to a good start in any game yet, I am sure they are due for a one.

d00d
05-27-2009, 08:30 AM
the refs were doing everything they could last night to give Lebron an even series.

the conspiracy came alive for me last night.

I was enjoying watching the playoffs until I realized it there are people trying to fix the outcomes.

Unruly Fan
05-27-2009, 08:54 AM
the refs were doing everything they could last night to give Lebron an even series.

the conspiracy came alive for me last night.

I was enjoying watching the playoffs until I realized it there are people trying to fix the outcomes.

If that was the case they it wouldn't it have made sense to call a foul on DHow for jumping on Varejao (who was trying to box him out) with .5 seconds left?

pebloemer
05-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Cleveland can win in my opinion, but not without making some adjustments. They have not matched up well at all against Orlando all year long. I sincerely doubt they will figure it out within this series - but I can't say it is impossible either.

BornAYankee23
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
When you're in game 4 and STILL searching for the right lineup to put on the floor, I have my doubts.

Call it blaming the coach or call it a bad matchup, but either way I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think they can beat them 3 games in a row.

DrDEADalready
05-27-2009, 09:43 AM
No. Cause this series should have been a sweep. if Lebron didn't make that 3 pointer with one second left. this series would have been a sweep.

BornAYankee23
05-27-2009, 09:50 AM
No. Cause this series should have been a sweep. if Lebron didn't make that 3 pointer with one second left. this series would have been a sweep.

And if Turkoglu doesn't hit the shot before Lebron's last second shot, then the Cav's still win. Your argument doesn't really work. There are so many plays throughout a game that change the outcome, you can't point to just one and say "if that didn't happen then this series would be over". Even if it was a last second shot, you can't ignore every thing that happened before it.

bdemps03
05-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Cavs win Game 5 Howard gets 7th technical cannot play in Game 6 and then back in Cleveland for Game 7

tbomlad
05-27-2009, 09:52 AM
also consider Cleveland won only 1 game thus far and that was by 1 point on a last second shot.

Also consider that Orlando has not got off to a good start in any game yet, I am sure they are due for a one.

Yeah I agree. The scariest part of all this is that the Magic still have yet to play a good game. When that happens it will get ugly quick and you know it's coming. The Cavs experienced this first hand a couple of months ago as many NBA teams have. BYE BYE CLEVELAND.

dandman1021
05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
this series is pretty much over...Cavs have no answer for Lewis;Big Z and Varajao cant guard Howard the whole game and are a horrible matchup aginst Howard(That why James did the Tip off in OT)The Magic have also figured outthe Cavs, Let lebron score all he wants, lock everyone else down

dandman1021
05-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Cavs win Game 5 Howard gets 7th technical cannot play in Game 6 and then back in Cleveland for Game 7

you honestly think Howard is gonna get that 7th Tech now...he is going to keep his mouth quiet, he knows whats at risk

mikantsass
05-27-2009, 10:00 AM
The answer is a simple NO. The LeBron Cavaliers are not good enough in the front court to deal with Lewis and Superman JR. Ilgouskas and the Brazilian are getting abused.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 10:08 AM

They better rescind that T on him otherwise they gotta suspend Lebron for flexing and posing.

dandman1021
05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
They better rescind that T on him otherwise they gotta suspend Lebron for flexing and posing.

that wa sa ******** call

masalex1205
05-27-2009, 10:36 AM
haha love the "maybe so" option, such a cop out

Can they? without a doubt

will they? probably give them a 35/65 chance

Raoul Duke
05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't think they can. This series has pretty much exposed Cleveland's weakness(hint; it's not Lebron!).

todu82
05-27-2009, 11:00 AM
I think they win Game 5 but doubt they win the series.

fairandbalanced
05-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Could have been a sweep barring the Lebron shot.......how the heck does anyone think the cavs can even beat the Magic? It's over in 5.

Fans in Asia
05-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Very unlikely.

Magic has three chances to seal it. They need only one game, in which their 3-pt shooters do well.

TragicallyHip
05-27-2009, 11:07 AM
If David Stern has anything to do with it they will.

kriviant
05-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Cavs are f'ed in the A.

azkarraga
05-27-2009, 11:10 AM
no, they ain't coming back.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 11:47 AM
It's just amazing no one gave Orlando a chance at first.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/CavsvsMagicSeries.jpg

Cubbiefan8
05-27-2009, 11:51 AM
The series should be over....They got lucky winning game 2. They might win a game in Cleveland but Orlando will win the series.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 11:52 AM

those "experts" know no more than me or u or other obsessed basketball fan.
I said Orlando in 6 before this started.

Look at the match ups.

Rafer vs. Mo...u would think mo could beat him, but Rafer is playing out of his mind right now. I didnt expect that.
Lee/Pietrus vs. west...not even close. the way Lee and Pietrus shoot 3's and play solid defense is too much for a fake PG.
Turk vs. Lebron...well this is obvious.

now for the biggest problem for cleveland.
Rashard vs. any patheitc PF on that team. COMPLETE MISMATCH. the same reason the Celtics lost to Orlando. Rashard Lewis is a great player.

D12 vs. Z...lol ummm this has been domination by Howard. not to mention even Gortat comes in and that goofy mofo plays hard.

momentoftruth
05-27-2009, 11:56 AM
You're right. It's possible, but looking at the circumstances it's a definite NO: CLE starting lineup (besides James) and bench struggling, Dwight Howard is unstoppable in the series, and the momentum to finish this series is in ORL's favour while being up 3-1.

Blah Blah Blah
05-27-2009, 11:57 AM

Look at the match ups.

Rafer vs. Mo...u would think mo could beat him, but Rafer is playing out of his mind right now. I didnt expect that.
Lee/Pietrus vs. west...not even close. the way Lee and Pietrus shoot 3's and play solid defense is too much for a fake PG.

Rashard vs. any patheitc PF on that team. COMPLETE MISMATCH. the same reason the Celtics lost to Orlando. Rashard Lewis is a great player.

D12 vs. Z...lol ummm this has been domination by Howard. not to mention even Gortat comes in and that goofy mofo plays hard.

:clap:

Realize that these "experts" do not know much more than the average fan, and many of us here on NBA forums and such are not the average fan. They have a love affair with Lebron as well and are gonna say Lebrons wins the title if they went that far which they are not. I'm on the same boat as you in pickin ORL in the beginning. Lebron's supporting cast is just inconsistent and that was my reasoning. I stop listening to them..thats why i don't even watch halftime shows cuz they all don't kno nuthing or just state the obvious.

cwilson21
05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
This series is ova.

momentoftruth
05-27-2009, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=BTownTeamsRKing;9608323]

I agree. Lewis is a prolific 3pt shooter playing the PF. He outruns the CLE big men playing at that spot and stretches out the defense with his range, leaving a lone defender to guard D12.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
:clap:

Realize that these "experts" do not know much more than the average fan, and many of us here on NBA forums and such are not the average fan. They have a love affair with Lebron as well and are gonna say Lebrons wins the title if they went that far which they are not. I'm on the same boat as you in pickin ORL in the beginning. Lebron's supporting cast is just inconsistent and that was my reasoning. I stop listening to them..thats why i don't even watch halftime shows cuz they all don't kno nuthing or just state the obvious.

same here. but we also have to understand that these games are showed to people who dont always know what big fans know so they do make it simple.

KeithLBC
05-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Nope, not a chance

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 12:05 PM
will be impressive if they do, I'm liking Orlando at the minute to win it all though

king4day
05-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Certainly possible, but the Cavs have only shown that they can play with Orlando. This could have been a sweep even.
So it'll take 3 straight games where the breaks go the Cavs way to win it.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Doubt it.

azkarraga
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
will be impressive if they do, I'm liking Orlando at the minute to win it all though

To win it all? even the nba finals?

i thought not, but seen their production against boston and the cavs... their frontcourt is going to keep on working on the same level, and if they can keep their backcourt level... they could win it all

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
The scary thing is that Orlando hasn't played a good game yet. They have only been up once at the half and that was by 1 point.

It's tough to come back in series when you lose the HCA in game 1. Usually when that happens against a good team you will struggle to win. Case in point. In 2006 the Pistons won 64 games and Heat won 52 games. Heat stole game 1 and nearly won game 2. Heat ended up winning that series in 6.
In 2007 the Mavs won 67 games and the Warriors 42 games. Warriors stole game 1 and the Mavs could never recover. In 2004 the Lakers won 58 games and the Pistons won 54 games and the Pistons stole Game 1 and the Lakers could never recover and were ousted.

Now at times certain teams can come back from a deficit, but as you can see at times it is hard to come back from behind when you are not used to it.

Missing56&33
05-27-2009, 12:22 PM

Look at the match ups.

I didn't give them a chance either, im totally surprised with the way they are handling Cleveland but what im not surprised about is how Lebron's team mates have not lived up to the challenge of winning a title.....they're just not good enough. Mo Williams????? :eyebrow: Did they really think he would help win a championship with Lebron?

Jaji
05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
I voted yes because I hope they do. I guess you could call me a LeBron homer but I just think the kid is going to be the truth. If not this year, then in the near future. I want to see him do it because coming back from 3-1 would just add to his legacy. It's not like Orlando has completely dominated the series. Orlando could easily be down 3-1 as well. If the Cavs win game 5 at home, they get another shot in Orlando. If they win that they're home for game 7. It's definitely possible. And LeBron is the x-factor.

Really, Cleveland sucks and I'm not surprised Orlando is up. After all, they dominated them in the regular season too. Anderson Varejao would be a great sixth man but he shouldn't be a starter. Not on a championship contender. Same for Delonte West. He's just too small to play the 2, not with a smaller PG too. And there bench has given them absolutely nothing all year. Without LeBron Cleveland might be the worst team in the league. Think about it. They were the worst team in the league the year before they drafted him. And that team was better than this team. They had Carlos Boozer, Larry Hughes, Ilgauskas, Ricky Davis, Dajuan Wagner (> Gibson), even Darius Miles who is/was better than anyone Cleveland has coming off the bench right now. I'd take that squad with this year's LeBron over this year's Cavs team any day.

But if they do comeback, that'll be something...

LakerfaninKY
05-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Nope, not a chance

Hahahaha..... That is an awesome sig! Must have been "Eastern Conference Runner-Up Picture Day"! :D

RaiderLakersA's
05-27-2009, 12:27 PM
To Cleveland's credit, they've been in every game. That said, I doubt that they can recover from a 1-3 hole. That's too deep.

But can you imagine what LeBron mania/hysteria will be like if the Cavs do pull it out?

levignjw
05-27-2009, 12:37 PM
The Cavs can't win 3 in a row against the Magic. Lebron has been playing very well, but he has made small mistakes (i.e. 7 turnovers in last game and missed foul shots in previous games) and his secondary players are not stepping up enough to help compensate for these mistakes. The Cavs cannot match up against the Magic, they have too many shooters and they spread the court so well. I think the Cavs will most likely take game 5 at home, but I do not see them winning back in Orlando. Dwight, Hedo, and Lewis are unstoppable.

Kenny
05-27-2009, 12:43 PM
This was so close to being a sweep that it's hard to think otherwise but as we all know, anything can happen...The Magic just seems to have Cleveland's number and I can't say the Cavs are a lock for game 6...

If rashard lewis doesnt hit two bgi 3s in the final seconds of game 1 and 4 you can look at it the other way.. All the games been competitive

what54!?
05-27-2009, 12:49 PM
no the magic big 3 are better than the lebrons

m26555
05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
They have shown me nothing to believe that they will.

harm0n1x
05-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Cleveland is in really big trouble right now. I did think they we're going to win last night, and they should have considering that no call on Dwight Howard at the end of regulation. But there is one very big possibility that I was thinking of even if the Cavs were to win last night. And that's Dwight Howard lingering on the edge of a 1 game suspension for technical fouls. Say the game is close in Cleveland tomorrow and a call is made that Dwight doesn't like, he's called for a technical foul, the Cavs pull out a tough game 5 and head back to Orlando for game 6 knowing the biggest piece for Orlando is missing. No one double teams in the middle and the perimiter defense will thrive because of it. They take game 6 somewhat easy and head back to Cleveland for a huge momentum swing for game 7. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's a real possibility and I think anyone in here knows that the Magic without Dwight Howard would probably be a cakewalk just because the best inside presence in basketball is out. Any thoughts on that?

Hellcrooner
05-27-2009, 01:10 PM
if referees play clean NO they wont come back

minervamob
05-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Cavs are done...looks to me like a 5 game sweep...they have Lebron James...and that's about it. This is clearly a team that's not nearly as good as their regular season record. They swept an old Detroit team that barely made the playoffs and also got lucky to have a non-competitive series against the Hawks due to numerous injuries to Hawks starters. I'm happy to see Orlando finally showing the Cavs flaws and their true colors. They aren't a championship team.

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Remains to be seen :eyebrow:

Thats a big call!! And sorry but i disagree

But hey dont stop believing. When the Suns where down 3-1 to the Lakers everyone told us we were crazy and that it was over. Just gotta take it 1 game at a time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Cavs fan, I'm not even an NBA fan much, I would love an Orlando vs Denver finals :pray:

But the NBA will not have that....you just watch...I'll be glad if I'm wrong though

Chronz
05-27-2009, 01:45 PM
If they do come back it will have NOTHING to do with the Refs and everything to do with Orlando's choke job

Hellcrooner
05-27-2009, 01:46 PM
and about only 8 teams have done it.

yep

and 1 of them did in the conference finals if my memory does not fail me.

I think Celtics overcama a 1-3 against Phily.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
If they do come back it will have NOTHING to do with the Refs and everything to do with Orlando's choke job

If Dwight gets another technical called it will have everything to do with the refs as it means he will get suspended unless they rescind the 2 techs he got in game 3 and 4.

Jahari Kavi
05-27-2009, 02:05 PM
to be honest 3 games in this series could've went either way. I don't see the cavs losing game 5 and if they can win game 6 (which is extremely possible) then I don't see them losing a game 7. The bright side you have to look at is that the cavs have yet to play a good game as a team offensively...........

charlsdq7
05-27-2009, 02:19 PM
they have a chance cuz of the MVP Lebron but i dont think they will

SlowMo
05-27-2009, 02:20 PM
I doubt they'll come back. Orlando has a much easier job defending the Cavs than the Cavs do vs Orlando. James is really their only great player. The Magic have Howard and Lewis that are great, and many role players that have stepped up in this series. Alston has been incredible for this team, if he stays hot, Magic will win tomorrow to end the series.

ragee
05-27-2009, 02:31 PM

I want whatever this guy is having... :D

Hanzinho
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM
if referees play clean NO they wont come back

AGREE DUDE....

****ING REFS!!!!

Look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nT2osudy0

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I Hate the Cavs...

superkegger
05-27-2009, 02:51 PM
If Jose Canseco can fight MMA then Cleveland can win the next 3.

Yeah, but he lost in less than 2 minutes.....

Just shows how "expert' their opinion really is.

AIsixersFK
05-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Hopefully some bonehead on the magic doesn't pull a T-Mac and go "it feels good to win the series" Then lose the next 3 games. :)

akagiredsuns
05-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Why does everyone keep talking about Howard's technical? The NBA already rescinded it and he's back to 5. There was no reason to give it to him in the first place. And that foul on Pietrus with .5 sec left was a bunch of b*lls*it. LeBron tripped over himself into Pietrus. But whatever. No matter how hard the refs are trying to help the Cavs get back in this series, the Magic will prevail. Magic vs. Nuggets NOT Cavs vs. Lakers GO TO HELL DAVID STERN!!!

bahama0811
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Nah, I don't see the Cavs coming back in this series. They haven't proven that they can beat the Magic all season.

Jays Claw
05-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Hell no.

Mo William's mouth got him in a load of trouble and LeBron James can't steer the ship by himself.

NBAdyNASTY
05-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I don't think they can. This series has pretty much exposed Cleveland's weakness(hint; it's not Lebron!).

Yep, the Cav's bench is extremely overrated.

dtmagnet
05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Cleveland is in really big trouble right now. I did think they we're going to win last night, and they should have considering that no call on Dwight Howard at the end of regulation. But there is one very big possibility that I was thinking of even if the Cavs were to win last night. And that's Dwight Howard lingering on the edge of a 1 game suspension for technical fouls. Say the game is close in Cleveland tomorrow and a call is made that Dwight doesn't like, he's called for a technical foul, the Cavs pull out a tough game 5 and head back to Orlando for game 6 knowing the biggest piece for Orlando is missing. No one double teams in the middle and the perimiter defense will thrive because of it. They take game 6 somewhat easy and head back to Cleveland for a huge momentum swing for game 7. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's a real possibility and I think anyone in here knows that the Magic without Dwight Howard would probably be a cakewalk just because the best inside presence in basketball is out. Any thoughts on that?

Didn't they already win a playoff game when Dwight was suspended?

dee279
05-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I definantly dont think so because the series could easily be over right now

znick21
05-27-2009, 09:11 PM
i hate how everyone says the cavs were a last second shot away from being swept. umm rashard lewis hit a clutch 3 in game one with under 10 seconds left, turkoglu hit that shot in game 2 that lebron countered, and the last game rashard lewis hit that 3 when cleveland had the lead with under 10 seconds. so really the magic are 2 clutch shots away from being down 3-1. yeah if lebron misses that shot they are swept, but if turkoglu and lewis miss their shots, then the magic are down 3-1. every game has been down to the wire and cleveland has been up by 15+ points in the first two, there is no doubt in my mind they can win this series. every game is gonna be tough, especially the one in orlando, but if they win that then there is no doubt in my mind they will win game 7 in cleveland.

Jay22Redd
05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes

cle12152433
05-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Those poor Magic fans...they are up 3-1 and still whine....Its because they wish they had the MVP and they are mad that SVG wears a suit jacket over a polo shirt (hint guys: he looks rediculous.)

Ovratd1up
05-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I think either the Cavs win it or Orlando takes care of business in Game 5.
I'm going 65% on the Magic closing it out tomorow and 35% on Lebron averaging 45 ppg over 7 games getting a little help from his team and carrying the Cavs over the Magic.

BeantownBill
05-27-2009, 09:51 PM

Hahahahaaahahahaha.... no.

Until LeBron stops worrying about being the one-man highlight reel and actually stops looking at the stat sheet, the Cavs will continue to be losers, and he will continue to be known as the guy who couldn't get it done. How many guys go through exactly this kind of maturation process before the light goes on and they get it? Once he does his teams will be a force, until that time .. it's so funny to watch him scream in frustration and see his teammates with their heads hung, disgusted looks on their faces as he misses free throws and last second shots. Three defenders in his face, with 2 shooters standing wide open watching him throw up yet another 45ft. prayer. All those phantom foul calls aren't saving him, and this team will not win this series. I said it before they started, and I'm saying it now.

See you next year Bron-Bron. =p

BeantownBill
05-27-2009, 09:57 PM
AGREE DUDE....

****ING REFS!!!!

Look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nT2osudy0

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I Hate the Cavs...

I watched that play when it happened and about fell out of my chair when they blew the whistle. Watching it in slow motion only reaffirms my belief that the Cavs are lucky to even be playing right now. If this series had been called even halfway competently from the beginning LeBron would already be in the booth for TNT adding his two cents and sounding stupid. Unreal, the calls this guy gets.

Kabowdos
05-27-2009, 09:58 PM
When you look at it... if LeBron didn't hit the gamewinner... the series would have been a sweep. Van Gundy made a horrible call and did not double LeBron with 1.0 second left considering the inbounder is not a factor with 1 second left.

I see the Magic winning it. They may even win 4-1. The Cavs have taken a toll mentally and physically.

Kabowdos
05-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I watched that play when it happened and about fell out of my chair when they blew the whistle. Watching it in slow motion only reaffirms my belief that the Cavs are lucky to even be playing right now. If this series had been called even halfway competently from the beginning LeBron would already be in the booth for TNT adding his two cents and sounding stupid. Unreal, the calls this guy gets.

I agree completely. It makes you wonder whether the refs are getting paid to alter the games. It is crazy.

Kenny
05-27-2009, 10:13 PM

Until LeBron stops worrying about being the one-man highlight reel and actually stops looking at the stat sheet, the Cavs will continue to be losers, and he will continue to be known as the guy who couldn't get it done. How many guys go through exactly this kind of maturation process before the light goes on and they get it? Once he does his teams will be a force, until that time .. it's so funny to watch him scream in frustration and see his teammates with their heads hung, disgusted looks on their faces as he misses free throws and last second shots. Three defenders in his face, with 2 shooters standing wide open watching him throw up yet another 45ft. prayer. All those phantom foul calls aren't saving him, and this team will not win this series. I said it before they started, and I'm saying it now.

Can you please look at the field goal percentages of the players besides Lebron and get a ****en clue what your talking about.. Cavs are 0-8 in the last 2 years when lebron hasnt played.. This is a 30 win team without him

jehovah joe
05-27-2009, 10:18 PM
i have a feeling that the cavs will win the series :smoking:

Hellcrooner
05-27-2009, 10:49 PM
^yeah, after reading various media starting to pump up the cAv s great comeback job im almost SURE refs will allow them to.

Angel
05-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Cleveland won 65 games this season. To say they can't win 3 in a row to take this series is staight up crazy. I'm not saying they will but they definitely could.

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 11:11 PM
They have a slight chance, especially since they have a guy called LeBron James. But the Magic just have their number.

BeantownBill
05-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Can you please look at the field goal percentages of the players besides Lebron and get a ****en clue what your talking about.. Cavs are 0-8 in the last 2 years when lebron hasnt played.. This is a 30 win team without him

I actually stated in another thread that the Cavs weren't even close to a playoff team without LeBron and was criticized by Cavs fans for saying so. Their argument? The number of 'former all-stars' playing alongside him, blah blah .. so do yourself a favor and try to follow along before commenting. You'll thank yourself in the long run.

The problem is, no one man can win anything in a team sport. I don't care how great Cavs fans think LeBron is, he can and will NOT win a championship by himself. As poor as his teammates might be, he has to help raise the levels of their collective games, and then trust them to hit shots, make plays, etc .. or he will continue to lose. Get it? I can always slow it down for you ..

JordansBulls
05-28-2009, 11:47 AM
^yeah, after reading various media starting to pump up the cAv s great comeback job im almost SURE refs will allow them to.

Everything hangs on game 6 IMO. If the Cavs get game 6 they won't lose game 7. Actually though game 6 is the game Orlando would have wanted to have to win anyone at the beginning.

Let's not forget Orlando has not played a good game yet. They have only had the lead in 1 game this series which was by 1 point. They have dominated the Cavs in every 2nd half as well.

MAC10TIZZY
05-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I actually stated in another thread that the Cavs weren't even close to a playoff team without LeBron and was criticized by Cavs fans for saying so. Their argument? The number of 'former all-stars' playing alongside him, blah blah .. so do yourself a favor and try to follow along before commenting. You'll thank yourself in the long run.

The problem is, no one man can win anything in a team sport. I don't care how great Cavs fans think LeBron is, he can and will NOT win a championship by himself. As poor as his teammates might be, he has to help raise the levels of their collective games, and then trust them to hit shots, make plays, etc .. or he will continue to lose. Get it? I can always slow it down for you ..

could you please type slower next time, geeeesh!!!!!!!!.lol

MagicDojo
05-28-2009, 12:55 PM

I did some digging...only once in conference finals. 1981 Boston/Philidelphia
Boston had a 62-20 season and so did Philly they tied in the atlantic division but Boston won home court by virtue of conference record tiebreaker. Boston went down 1-3. Celtics had home court in game 7.

notable players on the Boston team: Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish, Tiny Archibald, Cedric Maxwell.

on Philly: Julias Erving, Bobby Jones, Darryl Dawkins, Doug Collins, Maurice Cheeks.

Triva Julias Erving had won the season MVP award.
Boston ended up playing and beating Houston 4-2 in the finals and Houston is the only team to ever make the finals with a regular season losing record 40-42.
Cedric Maxwell was finals MVP with a .644% shooting percentage.

GO MAGIC ! CLOSE OUT TONIGHT!

OSUBuckguy
05-28-2009, 02:22 PM
This is so hilarious. Cavs will not win 3 straight. Give it up. They're not that good and Mo Williams can take his guarantee and shove it. He is NOBODY. He's done nothing in this series and has the nerve to talk smack. It's been all LeBron just like it always is. ORL will NOT lose 3 straight. The overrated Cavs are done for. Give it a rest.

They aren't that good? What is a 66-16 record during the regular season? A lot of timing is involved for the Magic's success...they are getting hot at the right time, and coincidentally the Cav's are beginning to go cold. Mo Williams has done nothing? Its not all how you shoot...He has made a pretty good contribution on the defensive side of the ball. And i don't get how you can call the Best team in the NBA overrated, if Mike Brown smartens up, puts LeBron on Rashard Lewis and Ben Wallace on Dwight Howard, the Cav's with a little help from their outside shot, will find themselves in the finals.

OSUBuckguy
05-28-2009, 02:34 PM

Have you watched any of the playoffs this year? honestly. He never yells at his team mates unless he's telling them to shoot. How about at the end of Game 1 against the Magic when he could have gone right into Dwight Howard's chest and probably gotten the call? He passed the ball to Delonte West in the corner who passed the ball to Mo Williams, and when Williams missed the shot...who dove on the floor to cause the jump ball? Bron-Bron did. Maybe they are losing the series, but its not because of anyones selfishness. Its because they are honestly being out-shot by the Magic.

Gibby23
05-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Everything hangs on game 6 IMO. If the Cavs get game 6 they won't lose game 7. Actually though game 6 is the game Orlando would have wanted to have to win anyone at the beginning.

Let's not forget Orlando has not played a good game yet. They have only had the lead in 1 game this series which was by 1 point. They have dominated the Cavs in every 2nd half as well.

What if there is no game 6?

DrDEADalready
05-28-2009, 03:08 PM
N O spells NO!!!

Hawkize31
05-28-2009, 03:18 PM

Thats what I was going to say. Game 6 is the series now, imo. The Magic could win in Cleveland, but I don't think they will. I think game 6 is the series.