PDA

View Full Version : Game 5 Wed May 27th - WCF - Western Conference (1) LA Lakers vs (2) Denver

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
05-26-2009, 11:31 PM
( 1 ) LA Lakers (65-17) vs. (2) Denver Nuggets (54-28)

LA Lakers will have the Homecourt Advantage

Series Tied 2-2

Series Breakdown

Wed May 27 - Game 5 Denver @ LA Lakers 9:00 pm EDT ESPN (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2009052713)

Pau Gasol(notes) wants the ball inside against the Denver Nuggets. Only he’s not about to pull a Keyshawn Johnson and order his Los Angeles Lakers teammates to “just give me the damn ball.”

That’s not the Spaniard’s way.

Gasol is all about finesse on and off the court, so he’ll leave the angry big man approach alone.

“I just want to go with what’s effective and what works out there and what’s been working for us and what’s a strength of ours,” he said after Tuesday’s practice. “I think we should explore that a little more.”

The mild-mannered Gasol complained about only taking four shots in the second half of a 120-101 loss at Denver on Monday night that left the Western Conference finals tied at two.

Gasol went 8 of 11 for 21 points in Game 4. He’s shooting 62 percent in the series, but he had only four free throws in the fourth quarter Monday.

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Lakers Won Season Series 3-1
Lakers 104, Nuggets 97 - November 1, 2008
Nuggets 90, Lakers 104 - November 21, 2008
Lakers 79, Nuggets 90 - February 27, 2009
Nuggets 102, Lakers 116 - April 9, 2009

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Lakers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3125.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3118.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2426.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3513.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2748.jpg

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/th_Nuggets.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/63.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2008.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1975.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/515.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1713.jpg

PG - Chauncey Billups
SG - Dahntay Jones
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Kenyon Martin
C - Nene Hilario

bahama0811
05-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Lets Go Nuggets!!! Gonna be a tough game but I think the Nuggs can pull it out.

yojoe792
05-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Lakers take care of business at home. They just need to keep the tempo up early, and don't let up, ever.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Basically a must win for both teams, Lakers take it and bounce back like the have all playoffs long.

NBA_Starter
05-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Lakers at home by 5.

i.got.the.nutz
05-27-2009, 12:12 AM
This is gonna be another close and gritty game. Hopefully we can pull it out with a W.

Becks2307
05-27-2009, 12:20 AM
i got the lakers in this one..matter of fact i have the lakers winning at least one of the next two games. Idk about a game 7 but they def arent losing in 6

avsman05
05-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Nuggets need to take back HCA this team besides Chauncey has never been in a game 7 KMart was in a game 6 once. We definately need this W.

AllTheWay
05-27-2009, 12:43 AM
No way the Nuggs take this one. This should be the Lakers most hard fought game of the playoffs. I say it end up being a double digit win just because they put everything into it.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 01:08 AM
I would like to see Denver take this game, I think they may need it to take the series. Winning game 7 on the road is hard as hell.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 01:10 AM
No way the Nuggs take this one. This should be the Lakers most hard fought game of the playoffs. I say it end up being a double digit win just because they put everything into it.

Don't you think it will also be the Nuggets' most hard fought game of the playoffs and that they'll put everything into it, too?

I'm not going to make a prediction, but I sure won't be surprised if Denver steals a win in this game. The only thing that would surprise me would be if it wasn't close, because I think it will be a battle to the finish.

AllTheWay
05-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Don't you think it will also be the Nuggets' most hard fought game of the playoffs and that they'll put everything into it, too?

I'm not going to make a prediction, but I sure won't be surprised if Denver steals a win in this game. The only thing that would surprise me would be if it wasn't close, because I think it will be a battle to the finish.

I do think it will be one of the Nuggets most hard fought games as well. However, when the Lakers put everything into it, plus the factor that they are at home, then they should be able to come out on top. The Lakers have proven to be nearly unbeatable when they give it everything.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 01:26 AM
The Lakers have proven to be nearly unbeatable when they give it everything.

So have the Nuggets.

AllTheWay
05-27-2009, 01:30 AM
So have the Nuggets.

Tochay(yes I know I spelled it horribly wrong).

I'm just saying the Lakers have to win, otherwise it would be pretty damn bleak, so they will give it everything and most likely come out with a W.

Kohaku
05-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Go nuggets!!! Add playoff counter 11!!

Eagles_Guy
05-27-2009, 02:32 AM
This game, will be Kickass.

That's right, capital K.

I expect a very very hard fought game, too close to call.

Philly Hammer
05-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Lakers defense has been the worst I have ever seen Denver scores on them every single posession. I still take the Lakers in this one regardless of how lousy they have played so far. I just can't go with Denver a team that has accomplished absolutely nothing in their existance in the NBA.

SideWinder989
05-27-2009, 03:47 AM
it will be the most thrilling game for nuggets this season... but i like their chances... its gonna come to down to the last shot (or inbound pass.........)

Chronz
05-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Does winner of game 5 win the series?

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 08:19 AM

Well, they're sure in the driver's seat, since winning 1 out of 2 is a hell of a lot easier than winning 2 out of 2. But even if Denver wins I think they also need to win game 6 and just close it out, because letting it go back to L.A. after a home loss might just be too steep a hill to climb.

DrDEADalready
05-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Nuggs take this game by 4pts.

lakersrock
05-27-2009, 11:41 AM
I think LA does what they've done every series. They go back home and put their foot on the gas. LA will win 107-98. I really hope they go to Gasol though. Denver can't stop him at all. Birdman looks like a dope trying to play man on him and KMart has to have a double and he just throws it out right over his head.

IBleedPurple
05-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Lakers defense has been the worst I have ever seen Denver scores on them every single posession. I still take the Lakers in this one regardless of how lousy they have played so far. I just can't go with Denver a team that has accomplished absolutely nothing in their existance in the NBA.

That is great logic, and Denver's scoring has nothing to do with their offense :rolleyes:

I think this will be a great game. LA has responded very well to losses, and I expect the officiating to be tough. Lakers really need to get Pau the ball more if they want to succeed. I have no idea why they don't start with him in the post and work the ball out. Anyway, I think Nuggets bring the energy, and win by 6.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 11:54 AM
I think LA does what they've done every series. They go back home and put their foot on the gas. LA will win 107-98. I really hope they go to Gasol though. Denver can't stop him at all. Birdman looks like a dope trying to play man on him and KMart has to have a double and he just throws it out right over his head.

Funny, because the guy L.A. couldn't stop at all in the last game is the same guy Lakers fans were saying isn't even close to being an All-Star and is nothing but a poor man's Jamal Crawford. At least by Lakers fans' own standards, Gasol is a guy who should be tough to stop, but not having a defensive answer for J.R. Smith is, well, that much less defensible, if he's really as bad as you guys think he is.

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
I agree with Den, it all hinges on is JR Smith goes off on one, if he stays cold, Lakers win

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I don't even care if Smith doesn't take a single 3. He's at his most dangerous penetrating and creating easy inside scoring opportunities for the frontcourt players. That's where he did the most damage in game 4, by far.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony pronounced himself fit and ready to play tonight against the Lakers in Los Angeles.

"I feel good," Anthony said Tuesday.

He played Game 4 of the Western Conference finals Monday with what he called a stomach virus. Anthony finished with 15 points, hitting only 3-of-16 shots. He was 9-of-11 on free throws.

Nuggets coach George Karl said he didn't expect Anthony to have any issues tonight in Game 5.

Anthony said he has not needed more IVs. He had one at halftime Monday. And no more IVs is just fine with Anthony.

"I can't deal with them needles," he said. denverpost (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12455788?source=rss)

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I agree with Den, if they feed the Nuggets bigs then they'll be more dangerous.

keep poundin them boards too

what54!?
05-27-2009, 12:58 PM
I think so. go nuggets

still1ballin
05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
i like lakers in this one

Eagles_Guy
05-27-2009, 01:47 PM

LOL Great Sig.

:laugh:

kozzer
05-27-2009, 02:23 PM
I think it comes down to Chauncey Billups. Not that he has to score a ton, or hit the game-winning shot or anything, but that he controls the tempo and keeps his inexperienced teammates cool under pressure. If CBill has a great game in those respects, it'll be a Denver win. If not, then the Lakers win.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Dahntay Jones has had 2 flagrant 1 fouls assesed after the game each of the past two games. This does not make Kobe happy. And I think you can be sure that the refs will be watching Dahntay Jones like hawks, hawks with video camera's. Kobe is smart enough, that he knows this. He'll attack Dahntay Jones early, and get him in foul trouble and get to the line, and get his rhythm going. Kobe will go for a big game, yet again, and carry the Lakers to victory.

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 04:47 PM
I think it comes down to Chauncey Billups. Not that he has to score a ton, or hit the game-winning shot or anything, but that he controls the tempo and keeps his inexperienced teammates cool under pressure. If CBill has a great game in those respects, it'll be a Denver win. If not, then the Lakers win. x2 If Billups is the leader we all think he is, then he should try and control his teammates in this one if the Nuggets want a win. I think we all know he is they key to the Nuggets if they wanna get past the Lakers.

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
This game is allllll about Kobe Bryant

what54!?
05-27-2009, 05:14 PM
melo better score tonight. the nuggets are gonna need it since I expect kobe to have a big night

Denver-boy
05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
I think this game will mean more to denver, then lakers... if we bust are ***** off and get this win and go play at home... it would mean the world to the NUGGETS! I Feel the IT.... Nuggets have this in the bag... I sense the "Must Win factor" and still see the momentum on the Nugz Side!! Shut down KObe and let are bench rip another in Lakers faces... Get ready for the unexpected MAGIC VS. NUGGETS :clap:

Denver-boy
05-27-2009, 05:39 PM
This game is allllll about Kobe Bryant

All Kobe... ha ha thatz what we want.... Kobe Vs. Melo, Billups, Nene, KMART, Birdman, JR, LK, and D.JONES. :clap::clap::clap: that how we like the match up

Raidaz4Life
05-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Lakers will win this one in a tight one 104-100 with Kobe going off for 46 points

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 06:11 PM
All Kobe... ha ha thatz what we want.... Kobe Vs. Melo, Billups, Nene, KMART, Birdman, JR, LK, and D.JONES. :clap::clap::clap: that how we like the match up

you know thats going to be the case lol

still, Kobe on song, fired up, at home....its hard not to back him

lakersrock
05-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I just saw the Lakers are 19-0 at home in Game 5s when the series is 2-2. I'm sure some of the guys who helped get that record reminded them of it. I really don't see Denver winning this game.

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
yeah but Boston was 32-0 at winning a series when goin 3-2 up until this year, records are there to be broken

bahama0811
05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
I would say its pretty safe to say that Dahntay Jones will probably have 2 fouls on the 1st few possessions. It's gonna be a good hard fought game.

IBleedPurple
05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Lakers will win this one in a tight one 104-100 with Kobe going off for 46 points

Kobe may get at least that with how this game will likely be called. I expect it to be called closely to prevent too much physical play, and it will likely favor the Lakers.

But I'm still taking the Nuggets

championships
05-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Lakers are 19-0 when playing a game 5 at home. They make it twenty tonight.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 07:51 PM
yeah but Boston was 32-0 at winning a series when goin 3-2 up until this year, records are there to be broken

How does that apply to the Lakers?

ManRam
05-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm gonna pick the Nuggets. I think they have a lot of momentum on their sides. JR finally got it going. The bigs are outplaying LA's bigs. And Melo will show up tonight.

I still think they are the better team, and I expect them to win one game on the road...and protect their home court in game six. I think that win has to be tonight. Game 7 in a LA, better team or not, is bad news.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm gonna pick the Nuggets. I think they have a lot of momentum on their sides. JR finally got it going. The bigs are outplaying LA's bigs. And Melo will show up tonight.

I still think they are the better team, and I expect them to win one game on the road...and protect their home court in game six. I think that win has to be tonight. Game 7 in a LA, better team or not, is bad news.

they already won one game on the road, this would be two. Unless you're saying you exptect them to win this game on the road, and weren't refering to them winning one game on the road this series.

Missing56&33
05-27-2009, 08:07 PM
La lakers all the way

ManRam
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
they already won one game on the road, this would be two. Unless you're saying you exptect them to win this game on the road, and weren't refering to them winning one game on the road this series.

I was obviously talking about games 5 and games 7, as evident by the usage of future tense :p

superkegger
05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
I was obviously talking about games 5 and games 7, as evident by the usage of future tense :p

ahh, ok. kinda missed that I guess.

Ultimate So Cal
05-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Denver Boy,

You said:

I think this game will mean more to denver, then lakers... if we bust are ***** off and get this win and go play at home... it would mean the world to the NUGGETS! I Feel the IT.... Nuggets have this in the bag... I sense the "Must Win factor" and still see the momentum on the Nugz Side!! Shut down KObe and let are bench rip another in Lakers faces

So first this game means more for Denver? Last time I checked the series was 2-2 and meant equal amounts to both teams
Second, Nuggets have it in the bag? Really? Being that Denver has had an unforseen amount of success playing games in Los Angeles throughout their franchise history, oh wait they haven't. So clearly this game is in the bag!
Third, shutdown Kobe? When was the last time a Nug did that? You going to bring Mt. Mutombo circa 1995 back? And if you think Dahntay Jones gets away with anything the rest of this series you are sadly mistaken. Nuggets have NO perimeter defense and Kobe has proved that for 4 games now.

Eagles_Guy
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Melo looked super pissed/disappointed when he fouled out the other night; tonight will be the Melo/Kobe show like Game 1, come down right to the end (I hope so, these close games right to the end - da da da da da, I'm lovin it)

Squad13
05-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Funny, because the guy L.A. couldn't stop at all in the last game is the same guy Lakers fans were saying isn't even close to being an All-Star and is nothing but a poor man's Jamal Crawford. At least by Lakers fans' own standards, Gasol is a guy who should be tough to stop, but not having a defensive answer for J.R. Smith is, well, that much less defensible, if he's really as bad as you guys think he is.

He isn't close to being an all star, and yes he is Jamal Crawford on a better team, a volume shooter with an awful shot selection. Sometimes he heats up and can score in bunches (ala Crawford) But most of the time he kills momentum with stupid shots, and has a huge ego. That being said he is slightly better than crawford and very raw, he could be an all star someday but its years away.

Ultimate So Cal
05-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Keys to Laker success for Game 5:

-Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum recieve 10+ touches down low in the post, Birdman has poor lateral movement and is a much better help defender where he can swing wildly
-Derek Fisher sits on the bench and provides leadership with a clipboard in his hands next to Brian Shaw, his excellent motivational speeches fire Jordan and Shannon up to help drive the offense
-Lamar Odom reports to the scorer table for the first time since the Jazz series
-Sasha Vujacic makes a shot and follows that by making another something not seen in Lakerland since last years run
-Allow 'Melo to take multiple shots and try to control the game with his perimeter "skills"
-Continue to work into the heads of K-Mart, JR and Jones, they will crack and show their true colors

avsman05
05-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Denver Boy,

You said:

I think this game will mean more to denver, then lakers... if we bust are ***** off and get this win and go play at home... it would mean the world to the NUGGETS! I Feel the IT.... Nuggets have this in the bag... I sense the "Must Win factor" and still see the momentum on the Nugz Side!! Shut down KObe and let are bench rip another in Lakers faces

So first this game means more for Denver? Last time I checked the series was 2-2 and meant equal amounts to both teams
Second, Nuggets have it in the bag? Really? Being that Denver has had an unforseen amount of success playing games in Los Angeles throughout their franchise history, oh wait they haven't. So clearly this game is in the bag!
Third, shutdown Kobe? When was the last time a Nug did that? You going to bring Mt. Mutombo circa 1995 back? And if you think Dahntay Jones gets away with anything the rest of this series you are sadly mistaken. Nuggets have NO perimeter defense and Kobe has proved that for 4 games now.

I believe what he is speaking of is the fact that the Nuggets have never been to a championship and the Lakers have so thats why we would want it more?

Nuggets definately do not have it in the bag they will not shut down Kobe that has been proven throughout the series. If the refs are watching Dahntay then that means more focus is on the player that he is guarding which would be Kobe so lets see if he gets in more foul trouble as well.

Finally, the Nuggets do have perimeter defense. We have one of the hardest working perimeter defenders in the game in Chauncey, Dahntay is no slouch definately not a Shane Battier but he can hold his own. He only plays 15 minutes a game Kobe scores when JR/AC are on him.

Ultimate So Cal
05-27-2009, 08:37 PM
So AvsMan05 you are saying that Mr. Jones has been shutting out Kobe? He only scores on Carter and Smith huh? So why was Dahntay a (-) in games 2 and 3? His teammates surely must have been getting smoked by the likes of D-Fish and Lamar huh! Or could it be that Mr. Dahntay gets smoked like everyone else who tries to stop the Mamba!

And I am out to figth traffic home so I can enjoy a Game 5 victory for the Lake Show!

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 08:37 PM
He isn't close to being an all star, and yes he is Jamal Crawford on a better team, a volume shooter with an awful shot selection. Sometimes he heats up and can score in bunches (ala Crawford) But most of the time he kills momentum with stupid shots, and has a huge ego. That being said he is slightly better than crawford and very raw, he could be an all star someday but its years away.

So I guess you didn't even watch Game 4, then. J.R.'s "volume shooting" was the least important aspect of his game in that one. The most: his playmaking. The Lakers had zero answers for him in the paint as he was feeding the bigs for layups and dunks or getting his own pretty much at will.

He means that stats like that - for any team - are not always predicative of what will happen the next time.

avsman05
05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
So AvsMan05 you are saying that Mr. Jones has been shutting out Kobe? He only scores on Carter and Smith huh? So why was Dahntay a (-) in games 2 and 3? His teammates surely must have been getting smoked by the likes of D-Fish and Lamar huh! Or could it be that Mr. Dahntay gets smoked like everyone else who tries to stop the Mamba!

And I am out to figth traffic home so I can enjoy a Game 5 victory for the Lake Show!

Nah man thats not what i said at all. No one can stop Kobe you can only hope to contain him. What I was saying is that you keep saying we have no perimeter d and we do. Thats why we are this far into the playoffs is our defense. Dahntay can hold his own with the other people that have been guarding Kobe in the playoffs.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
So I guess you didn't even watch Game 4, then. J.R.'s "volume shooting" was the least important aspect of his game in that one. The most: his playmaking. The Lakers had zero answers for him in the paint as he was feeding the bigs for layups and dunks or getting his own pretty much at will.

He means that stats like that - for any team - are not always predicative of what will happen the next time.

Lets not get carried away he was passing to wide open bigs, he still had stupid To's and I still like him on the floor. He has played well 1 out of 4 games... I like those odds. He shot 17 times

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 08:42 PM

records are there to be broken, the past wont win games for you etc etc

nolin
05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Denver by 4

avsman05
05-27-2009, 08:54 PM
5 more minutes til game time. Lets get this party started.

IBleedPurple
05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Denver Boy,

You said:

The past has no bearing on this series

We do have perimeter defense, how have Fisher, Ariza, Farmar, and Vujacic done? Kobe is just great, plain and simple.

Nuggets need this one, and I think they'll get it.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm posting in the lakers forum to avoid homers and haters.

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 09:04 PM
arent team's forums such as the Lakers full of homers anyway? :confused:

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:07 PM
arent team's forums such as the Lakers full of homers anyway? :confused:
Yes but I can be a homer in peace:D

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Get some of that .

Eagles_Guy
05-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Get some of that .

So much for the Laker forum lol :p

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:22 PM
So much for the Laker forum lol :p

:laugh: I'm trying... I really am.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Good counter run to get the lead back. :cool:

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
blocked by the rim and its a foul... hmmmm

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Love Chauncey coaching J.R., coaching Melo. :clap:

Squad13
Great call

Eagles_Guy
Lebron or Kobe would have got away with that....

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
There you go Lakers fans - you gonna complain about THAT **** call? :rolleyes:

Welcome back to L.A., where you're now getting home cooking.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Lebron or Kobe would have got away with that....

I'd love to see these supposed superstar calls Kobe gets, Lebron gets sneezed on and goes to the line.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Keep shooting JR

Hanzinho
05-27-2009, 09:34 PM
BILLUPS OFFENSIVE FOUL????

****ING REFS!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Eagles_Guy
Nicccce block by Birdman

superkegger
good tightly contested game, likin it

Squad13
When we stop giving up these boards we can build a lead. Good block, typical Denver Nugget reaction.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
BiIIIIIRDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

superkegger
05-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Melo with another poor start, 1-5.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Lazy play by K-Mart letting Gasol go after the ball like that.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Great shot again JR, thanks for playing.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 09:43 PM
:laugh2: The Lakers are just hacking the **** out of the Nuggets with no whistles.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Great shot again JR, thanks for playing.

You mean that little scoop he just put in? Yeah, that was pretty sweet. :nod:

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:45 PM
You mean that little scoop he just put in? Yeah, that was pretty sweet. :nod:

No man, I mean his stupid 3 that he bricked.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Ron Artest is at the game. :laugh:

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Schwab, in all seriousness, you don't know a damn thing about J.R., and you obviously haven't watched many Nuggets games outside of when they've faced the Lakers. Does he take some poorly selected shots? Yes. But he does so much more in other areas that's much more right than wrong... meanwhile, you just keep re-hashing your same old bashing shtick which you obviously are enjoying, but just so long as you know you're enjoying being really, really wrong, then whatever floats your boat, man. :cheers:

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Schwab, in all seriousness, you don't know a damn thing about J.R., and you obviously haven't watched many Nuggets games outside of when they've faced the Lakers. Does he take some poorly selected shots? Yes. But he does so much more in other areas that's much more right than wrong... meanwhile, you just keep re-hashing your same old bashing shtick which you obviously are enjoying, but just so long as you know you're enjoying being really, really wrong, then whatever floats your boat, man. :cheers:

No I do, he is very talented but resorts to too many stupid shots and has a awful attitude and a huge ego to go with it. He is a great role player if you can put up with the stupid shots. You saying he is almost an all star is laughable .

Squad13
05-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Work it from the post, they can't guard Bynum and especially Gasol.

avsman05
05-27-2009, 09:54 PM
No I do, he is very talented but resorts to too many stupid shots and has a awful attitude and a huge ego to go with it. He is a great role player if you can put up with the stupid shots. You saying he is almost an all star is laughable .

Would you consider Lamar Odom an all-star?

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
As sloppily and (esp. on the defensive end) just pretty weakly Denver is playing, we should be down by 11 right now. I can live with being down by 1, no problem.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Why do they waste money advertising for the WNBA?

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 09:58 PM
:laugh2: Fisher trips Nene, Nene gets called for the foul. What's that smell?

Squad13
05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Would you consider Lamar Odom an all-star?

Hell no

Squad13
05-27-2009, 10:04 PM
:laugh2: Fisher trips Nene, Nene gets called for the foul. What's that smell?

Fisher tripped him? he dove for the ball, I'm not sure how he could have tripped him.

avsman05
05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Hell no

Ok just wanted to make sure you were being consistent.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Neck and neck through pretty much this whole game. But frankly up to this point I think Denver's been outplayed, mostly through their own errors (turnovers, allowing too many offensive rebounds, easy layups, slow defensive rotations, etc.).

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Great rebound by K-Mart there. Nugs need to make more plays like that, step up their intensity.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Kobe isn't a team player:rolleyes:

racerrice27
05-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Is it me? or are the lakers playing with no passion no intensity. They are acting like they are up 2 in the series. Man, thank god i dont pay that kind of money to be at the staples center. I would have been pretty pixxxx off right now. No heart. This game is so freaking boring.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 10:18 PM
It's inexcusable after what happened in games 1 AND 3 that Denver hasn't drawn up an effective inbounding play to run. Just unforgivable. Major failure by Karl.

jimbobjarree
05-27-2009, 10:21 PM
haha denver still cant inbound

JoeRealist
05-27-2009, 10:21 PM
WOW..Phil Jacksons whining after game 4 about officiating is really paying off. The Nuggets are getting ZERO calls under the basket. If you breath on Kobe it's an and 1..I HATE when refs dictate a game.

Lakers better be worried because the Nugs are getting NO calls and they are still tied..wait till they finally get some justice.

BynumGarbage.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Very even half so far. More rebounds for denver, but they turned the ball over a couple more times, pretty much an evenly played game

JoeRealist
05-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Very even half so far. More rebounds for denver, but they turned the ball over a couple more times, pretty much an evenly played game

Get outta here. You know damn well the Lakers are getting all the calls. It's pathetic that it's tied when the refs are wearing Laker jerseys.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
WOW..Phil Jacksons whining after game 4 about officiating is really paying off. The Nuggets are getting ZERO calls under the basket. If you breath on Kobe it's an and 1..I HATE when refs dictate a game.

Lakers better be worried because the Nugs are getting NO calls and they are still tied..wait till they finally get some justice.

BynumGarbage.

lol seriously?

Eagles_Guy
05-27-2009, 10:29 PM
I gotta admit - there was some definite no calls in favor of the Lakers in that half.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Get outta here. You know damn well the Lakers are getting all the calls. It's pathetic that it's tied when the refs are wearing Laker jerseys.

There definitely have been some crap calls (the offensive foul on Billups, Nene getting mugged under the hoop to no call, loose ball foul called on Nene), but what's hurting Denver a lot more is their own mistakes - that bad inbounds, turnovers, slow defensive rotations (or in the case of that Sasha 3, NO defensive rotation), not being aggressive enough on the defensive glass.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 10:31 PM

I'm leaving this threat now, good luck Denver.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 10:33 PM
lmao. 3 less fouls and 2 more free throws for denver

I can't believe people still put stock in how many calls each team got without paying attention to the details of how they got them. See: Game 4 - Los Angeles attempted HALF the number of dunks and layups that Denver did. Attempted. And then people were *****ing about Denver getting more calls. Very sensible. :rolleyes:

ManRam
05-27-2009, 10:34 PM
There definitely have been some crap calls (the offensive foul on Billups, Nene getting mugged under the hoop to no call, loose ball foul called on Nene), but what's hurting Denver a lot more is their own mistakes - that bad inbounds, turnovers, slow defensive rotations (or in the case of that Sasha 3, NO defensive rotation), not being aggressive enough on the defensive glass.

Agreed. Who cares about the refs? Nothing you can do about it. The Nuggets aren't 1/2 as intense and energetic as they were in game 4. They are getting out hustled by the likes of Walton, Odom and Bynum. That's not how they are going to win. They need to crank up the energy...and start being the more aggressive team again.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 10:36 PM
That is what HCA is for.

Eagles_Guy
05-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Very nice alley

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 10:43 PM
:laugh2: So NOT a foul on Nene. The refs are trying to get him out of the game.

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 10:45 PM
I can't believe people still put stock in how many calls each team got without paying attention to the details of how they got them. See: Game 4 - Los Angeles attempted HALF the number of dunks and layups that Denver did. Attempted. And then people were *****ing about Denver getting more calls. Very sensible. :rolleyes: I don't think that guy even watches the game lol. Stat sheet much? Nuggets playing well though.

td0tsfinest
05-27-2009, 10:48 PM
wow with the exception of the "inconsistent" officiating, these playoffs have brought us some good basketball.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Hows that taste birdman?

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 10:55 PM
What a throw-down by Brown all over the Birdman!!!!

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 10:55 PM
3 TOs in a row :speechless:

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 10:56 PM
4 TOs in a row :speechless:

superkegger
05-27-2009, 10:58 PM
kinda funny, Mark Jackson was prophetic for once. After that Ariza block on Melo he said, "that kind of energy can be contagious". Then 4 straight To's and tie game. One of the few times i've seen an announcer be that right

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Chauncey needs to settle down. He's trying to force it a little too hard. He'll come around, I just hope it's sooner rather than later. He's the guy on the team who needs to guide the others through this since he knows from experience how it's done.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 11:00 PM
kinda funny, Mark Jackson was prophetic for once. After that Ariza block on Melo he said, "that kind of energy can be contagious". Then 4 straight To's and tie game. One of the few times i've seen an announcer be that right

Even so, the game is still just tied when after that little bonanza it seems like the Lakers should be up by 10 or more.

Havoc Wreaker
Hefner FtW

JordansBulls
Damn Denver this is your game to win. Tie game 73-73 with 2:37 left in the 3rd.

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 11:01 PM
That was a foul on Martin

Squad13
05-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Obvious foul on Odom, nice shot again JR.

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Good Hustle

Kakaroach
Denver can't settle for those long jumpers by Martin. He won't knock down a whole lot.....

goku
Hefner FtW

luckiest old he kissed 3 women without one getting mad

Havoc Wreaker
JR needs to stop shooting threes

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 11:03 PM
luckiest old he kissed 3 HOT AS HELL women without one getting mad

Fixed

Squad13
05-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Yep, keep shooting JR.

superkegger
05-27-2009, 11:04 PM
been tied after every quarter, jeesh

goku
05-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Fixed

thankyou

Havoc Wreaker
Kobe should take over here, I hope he fails miserably at it...but he should

DenButsu
Yep, keep shooting JR.

Is there an echo in here? Or are you just out of new things to say so you just keep repeating yourself?

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 11:06 PM
been tied after every quarter, jeesh

That has been amazing hasn't it?

goku
05-27-2009, 11:07 PM
who ever wins this game wins the series

DenButsu
Denver can't settle for those long jumpers by Martin. He won't knock down a whole lot.....

Truth.

ManRam
JR needs to stop shooting threes

Nah. He just needs to start making them. Gotta deal with the bad JR sometimes before you get the good JR. If he starts making shots...game over.

Kakaroach
been tied after every quarter, jeesh Should lead up to a good finish. :)

superkegger

amazing, no. its been a tightly contested series.

whats amazing is that no techs have been handed. Not that any should have been, but in these playoffs you expect at least like 2 techs and a flagrant every game

DenButsu

Especially since it pretty much seems like Denver's getting their *** kicked. If they just stop making so many damn mistakes this game should be theirs.

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Nah. He just needs to start making them. Gotta deal with the bad JR sometimes before you get the good JR. If he starts making shots...game over.

One or the other. :up:

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 11:08 PM
What a lucky ****er

superkegger
05-27-2009, 11:09 PM
yes kmart, keep shooting

Kakaroach
Man how many times has Kenyon Martin tried to score? Its just atrocious. :pity: Get the ball to Melo, even post-up Nene.

Havoc Wreaker
At least he is playing good D on Kobe

goku
05-27-2009, 11:10 PM
martin is killing them with his wacky shots

superkegger
lol, that was a nice close up of kobe saying the f word

Havoc Wreaker
The last 5 Denver possesions have been 3 3FGA by JR and 2 shots by KM

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Anyone else hates Jack Nicholson?

Squad13
Birdman getting MASHED on.

ManRam
Odom's aggressiveness is extremely important for this team. He's gotta be the tough, aggressive big man the Lakers lack. What a dunk.

Squad13
Is there an echo in here? Or are you just out of new things to say so you just keep repeating yourself?

He took another bad shot and missed, actually 2. I can't say keep shooting?:rolleyes:

goku
birdman dead

superkegger
and on cue, the techs. knew the game couldn't have none

AIverson
oh well, series is over for the Nuggets.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Anyone else hates Jack Nicholson?

Love him:D

superkegger
yeah, why is melo still on the bench?

DenButsu
More home cookin'.

goku
05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
wow that wasnt an offensive foul

DenButsu
And a little.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmore home cookin'.

And more!

ManRam
Nuggets are falling apart. Chauncey is disappointing me. He's playing horrible basketball right now.

Kakaroach
and on cue, the techs. knew the game couldn't have none x2 I know lol! Gasol and Andersen have been going at it all series though so, an it was a double.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Lakers fans will be so proud that the refs gave them this win. It's what they've been hoping for this entire series.

downsos
David Stern: Holy ****! The Cavs are down 3-1 and now the Lakers are in danger of going down 3-2!

Refs: Don't worry we got this.

NYMetros
Carmelo has REALLY dropped off the past 3 games.

lakerboy
I love PJ's new adjustment in letting K Mart take those jump shots. I've seen him miss those all series long, only except the first two quarters.

Also, the commentators may be wrong. The double tech was on Birdman and Brown, not on Gasol.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 11:15 PM
george karl is so stupid.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Lakers fans will be so proud that the refs gave them this win. It's what they've been hoping for this entire series.

:laugh::laugh:

lakerboy
05-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Carmelo has REALLY dropped off the past 3 games.

Did you see Phil Jackson's adjustment? We throw in an extra body out there waiting for him in the post ready to double team. But we've paid a lot for it. Other Nuggets get a lot of free shots!

Cubs Win

It's funny..in the Cavs-Magic thread yesterday they were like oh the refs never give us any calls. Trying to act like Stern is fixing the Cavs series cause he wants Cavs-Lakers supposedly. *News flash* Lakers get LOTS of free calls.

ManRam
Forget the refs. The Nuggets are playing terrible basketball and losing their composure. No one to blame for this horrible 4th quarter but themselves.

Cubs Win
05-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Melo's back out..but bricks it.

superkegger
And a little.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmore home cookin'.

And more!

Would you shut up. No offense, but it was the same way in Denver, and I didn't hear you say anything about the bad officiating when it was in Denver's favor. It happens. Christ. If you're going to be ok with it when it goes in your favor, and not say it's bad officiating, then don't ***** and whine like a spoiled brat when it doesnt' go in your favor.

Cubs Win
Really Kobe? This isn't soccer.
EDIT: Nvm..I saw it on the replay. Didn't look as bad to me at first.

NYMetros
Did you see Phil Jackson's adjustment? We throw in an extra body out there waiting for him in the post ready to double team. But we've paid a lot for it. Other Nuggets get a lot of free shots!

That doesn't really matter, honestly. Carmelo is getting the same wide open looks he's gotten all through the playoffs, he's just missing them. As I type this Carmelo misses another wide open 3.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 11:18 PM
If that was a laker it would have been a flagrant, ala Bynum

superkegger
So melo can hit kobe in the throat, and thats ok. Thats cool.

Havoc Wreaker
david stern: Holy ****! The cavs are down 3-1 and now the lakers are in danger of going down 3-2!

Refs: Don't worry we got this.

+1

DenButsu
Forget the refs. The Nuggets are playing terrible basketball and losing their composure. No one to blame for this horrible 4th quarter but themselves.

It's true that the Nugs are faltering, but give me a break. Shannon Brown just flat out shoved the Birdman, no call, then NO offensive foul by Nene gets a whistle, and when he rightfully complains about it he gets T'd up.

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 11:19 PM
David Stern: Holy ****! The Cavs are down 3-1 and now the Lakers are in danger of going down 3-2!

Refs: Don't worry we got this. :laugh2: Thats freaking hilarious. Nice creativity lol.

NYMetros
It's not the refs, the Nuggets just are playing bad.

Havoc Wreaker
This is getting out of hand quickly

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 11:20 PM
WTF are the Nuggets doing?

Squad13
:laugh2: Thats freaking hilarious. Nice creativity lol.

Creative? How so....

lakerboy

Good point. IMO, we've outplayed them all game. It's so obvious our players wanted this game more than the Nuggs.

Havoc Wreaker
Huge 3 by Kleiza

downsos
05-27-2009, 11:21 PM
David Stern: At least some of these refs act they seen those puppet commercials.

NBA Refs: We love those damn puppets!

Eagles_Guy
It's like its a different game right now...

Squad13
Guard the corner !

madiaz3
It's not the refs, the Nuggets just are playing bad.

this

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Creative? How so.... Please don't quote everything I comment for no ****ing reason. I know your one of the biggest homers on PSD. It was funny as hell. Get over it.

Anyway, Kleiza just kept the Nuggets in the game with that three.

DenButsu
05-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Would you shut up. No offense

:laugh2: Just speaking the truth, kegger.

Eagles_Guy
05-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Denver needs to get it together here....

Havoc Wreaker
Please don't quote everything I comment for no ****ing reason. I know ALL LAKERS FANS ARE the biggest homers on PSD. It was funny as hell. Get over it.

Anyway, Kleiza just kept the Nuggets in the game with that three.

Fixed :D

Fordy
The Nuggets are not losing because of the refs, but that "foul" on Nene trying to post up Kobe was RIDICULOUS and certainly didnt help.

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Fixed :D Lol thank you for fixing that. :)

goku
05-27-2009, 11:25 PM
denver has no inside game they take nothing but jump shots

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 11:26 PM
coach karl is an idiot. his team is falling apart and he has no answers or attempt at answers

superkegger
:laugh2: Just speaking the truth, kegger.

as am i.

Obviously it is in the opinion of non psd laker fans that if the lakers win, it was the NBA rigging it. If the Nuggets win, its just them being better.

It's a load of horseshit. You can whine and complain about the officiating till you're blue in the face, but what it comes down to, whoever plays better wins. And that's been the case in every game so far.

There are bad calls and non call all over the playoffs, none have decided games, the players have.

Quit pointing out every bad call or non call you think has happened and focus on how the players are playing. Because that's what decides the game.

Havoc Wreaker
Lol thank you for fixing that. :)

:nod:

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I have quoted one post from you first off, and that is the most overused joke around, The refs want Kobe and Lebron in the finals, yet you find it creative.:rolleyes: Biggest homer? lol okay buddy. Not just today, but throughout the playoffs buddy. And yes you are the biggest homer. At least other fans acknowledge things about their team. His joke was funny to me, obviously not to you.

goku
05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
nene should have dunked that

NYMetros
Carmelo is playing terribly, and the Nuggets still are only down by 8.

BTownTeamsRKing
the lakers arent doin anything different. The nuggets are 3 of 14 from 3. most of which being wide open. They just need to hit open shots

LAKERMANIA
as am i.

Obviously it is in the opinion of non psd laker fans that if the lakers win, it was the NBA rigging it. If the Nuggets win, its just them being better.

It's a load of horseshit. You can whine and complain about the officiating till you're blue in the face, but what it comes down to, whoever plays better wins. And that's been the case in every game so far.

There are bad calls and non call all over the playoffs, none have decided games, the players have.

Quit pointing out every bad call or non call you think has happened and focus on how the players are playing. Because that's what decides the game.

:clap:

ManRam
It's true that the Nugs are faltering, but give me a break. Shannon Brown just flat out shoved the Birdman, no call, then NO offensive foul by Nene gets a whistle, and when he rightfully complains about it he gets T'd up.

Ok. That's fine. But non-shooting fouls aren't going to do anything to make up for the horrible offense Denver is displaying right now. They're taking bad shots left and right. The refs have nothing to do with that. They've gone cold...plain and simple. That's why they're losing.

Squad13
05-27-2009, 11:30 PM
:clap:

Boom, roasted.

Havoc Wreaker
4 Point game just like that

Eagles_Guy
Kleiza brought the energy....big time

Props to him

NYMetros
Man, Kobe has had a ton of TO's today.

BTownTeamsRKing
Go Nuggets!

FINALLY KARL.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 11:31 PM
******** ******** ******** ******** !!

BS Chant

NYMetros
Ooh, Nene definitely had position there. Gasol put his elbow in his chest. Bad call.

Havoc Wreaker
How to see if the series is rigged....Nene has been fouled out....AGAIN

JordansBulls
Nuggets still in this.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Ooh, Nene definitely had position there. Bad call.

terrible call.

Eagles_Guy
That was a bs foul on Nene

ManRam
as am i.

I agree. Except Laker fans have done their fair share of whining too...let's not forget.

Screw the refs. All these games still come down to who plays better. Blaming the refs is the cheap and easy way out. Realizing that your team got outplayed and out hustled is the reality of the fact.

Even that play on Nene. It's a 50/50 call in real time. Some will go Denver's way, some wont. That's how it works. It's not the end of the world. Denver just needs to start taking good shoots and playing good defense.

lakerboy
Nuggets G Fisher is in. LOL

Kakaroach
What homer statements have I made? I'd love to see an example. Wow now I wish the mods didn't delete former game threads. But I guess just the fact that you quoted me on saying that it was funny is more than enough proof of you homerism. And then you have the need to defend yourself even further. Just get over the fact that you are a big time homer. :rolleyes:

DenButsu

Unless a player who is one of the most key players on the team fouls out because he had at least 2-3 TOTAL BULL**** calls called on him.

Like Nene just did.

:eyebrow:

Squad13
Obvious Travel.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 11:33 PM
that call on nene was terrible

LA412
bad call on fisher there.........no way the ref that called that play saw fisher foul him

Squad13
Wow now I wish the mods didn't delete former game threads. But I guess just the fact that you quoted me on saying that it was funny is more than enough proof of you homerism. And then you have the need to defend yourself even further. Just get over the fact that you are a big time homer. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

BTownTeamsRKing
and thats a foul on kleiza? hm alright

LAKERMANIA
Nuggets still in this.

If you say so..

LA412
with that said i believe the officiating has been a tad above average this game

ManRam
05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
That's why Denver is down. HORRIBLE DEFENSE. Not the refs...not anything else. Horrible defense. They've totally lost their composure. Unfortunately, they don't deserve to win.

superkegger
How to see if the series is rigged....Nene has been fouled out....AGAIN

yes, because every single bad call in this series has gone against denver. there have been no bad calls in denvers favor. none. the nba has only tried to completey screw denver like a jailhouse *****. quit complaining about the calls and realize the team has won each game has been the team that has played better in the game or executed better down the stretch

Kakaroach
Nice block by Gasol but I thought it was a foul....

GspLAL
Unless a player who is one of the most key players on the team fouls out because he had at least 2-3 TOTAL BULL**** calls called on him.

Like Nene just did.

:eyebrow:

Feels good being on the other end of bs calls huh?

NYMetros
05-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Dumb foul by Billups.

Havoc Wreaker
Something to note here....Melo drives down the lane and gets fouled or blocked no call he goes back down the court

Same thing happens to Kobe and he puts on his "I cant believe it wasnt a foul" face on...and as I write this he is still *****ing about it to the ref

Cubs Win
Lakers sure are getting some favorable calls.

Kakaroach
:rolleyes: Just the fact that you do not have a response proves how right I am. Nice conversation. :)

Eagles_Guy
No replay on the "hold" :rolleyes:

Mighty late call on that

Squad13
Please make these Odom.

ManRam
05-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Good call on Billups. Had his arm around him...

Denver blew it. They needed this win. I stiiiiiilll think they are the better team...but they wont win the series now. They lost their composure late in the game. They never had the intensity they had in game 4. Going to be a tough loss to swallow if they do lose.

DenButsu
:rolleyes: :sigh:

Squad13
Just the fact that you do not have a response proves how right I am. Nice conversation. :)

Says you, I don't argue with people who don't know what their talking about. Jesus odom , can't make 1 ? GET IT OUT!!!!!!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
i refuse to believe all of these blocks by the lakers are all clean and every block by denver is a foul