PDA

View Full Version : Which team has a better chance on advancing to the Finals LAL or CLE?

LakerKB24Fan
05-26-2009, 06:23 PM
with all this talk of Kobe vs Lebron in the finals, both LAL and CLE are facing tough oppenets in Denver and Orlando. Which team has a better chance of advancing to the finals LAL or CLE? both or neither will advance

Havoc Wreaker
05-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Seeing as their series is 2-2 as opposed to 2-1 Behind, I am compelled to say the LAL

Cali4rnia
05-26-2009, 06:31 PM
cavs are not winning trust me.. they are DONE

_KB24_
05-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah Magic now are in the drivers seat. It will fall on them if they lose. Lakers and Denver can go either way.

mrs rose
05-26-2009, 06:43 PM
i dont believe the hype..
i say denver and the magic will shock the world..

IBleedPurple
05-26-2009, 06:55 PM

:hi5:

hockeypro68
05-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Lakers losing to Denver would make me so happy! And the only reason I'd want Cavs to lose is so Lebron doesn't want to stay in Cleveland.

evadatam5150
05-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Lakers losing to Denver would make me so happy! And the only reason I'd want Cavs to lose is so Lebron doesn't want to stay in Cleveland.

Hater's, can't win a damned thing so hey if that's all you got then go with it.. By the way can't wait to see who you waste your number one on again on draft day.. :clap:

At present I think both LA and Cleveland are in trouble.. If I had to choose though I think the Lakers are matching up better than the Cavs are in their series..

superkegger
05-26-2009, 07:25 PM
once both teams have played 4 games in the conference finals i'll make my call

Ironman5219
05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
To much hype on Lebron and Kobe... there are 2 other superstars in the making in Carmello and Howard. After watching the games both LA and Cleveland are getting worked by the nuggest and Magic.... Its going to be a Denver Orlando Finals!!!

ManRam
05-26-2009, 07:40 PM
We'll see tonight. If the Cavs win back home court, they'll become the favorites again. I think the Nuggets are better than the Lakers, and the Magic are better than the Cavs...but I think the Lakers move on...and the Cavs don't.

D Blue987
05-26-2009, 07:41 PM
I just dont see the Lakers blowing another game at home. They will come out energized for the next game. LA has had a tendency to win when the pressure is on them to do so. That being said I just dont see Denver beating LA twice at their home. We will see though.

avsman05
05-26-2009, 07:45 PM

haha i deserved that.:cool:. This is a really hard series to call i agree Orlando to this point is in the drivers seat we'll see what happens tonight.

jrodmesche
05-26-2009, 07:50 PM
ide just like to say **** the lakers

MJ-BULLS
05-26-2009, 08:03 PM
naw i want to see a finals matchup of magic nuggets :)

evadatam5150
05-26-2009, 08:11 PM

Awwwwwwwww you finally found out how over hyped your team is and now must resort to hating on other teams to make yourself feel better.. :clap: Nice and well done, enjoy the fact that your team is still a one trick pony and soon that pony wont possibly be there... Congrats on the only thing you have left...:clap:

bleedprple&gold
05-26-2009, 08:15 PM

Thanks, that was a really useful contribution to the thread :rolleyes:

Kabowdos
05-26-2009, 08:33 PM

I like Lakers

Nothing made more upset and angry to see the defense play on the game winner for LeBron. They should have doubled him, instead he got a pretty good look from downtown. With one 1.0 seconds left, there is no reason to worry about the inbounds men, LeBron took a clean clear shot and pretty much uncontested. It was pathetic. I am surprised though, the Magic are tough with their 6'10 freaks in Hedo Lewis and Howard.

jackyyy
05-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Orlando could've swept the Cavs right now if Lebron didn't make that GW. but now since they're down 3-1 and we're 2-2

i say we have a better chance

superkegger
05-27-2009, 12:04 AM

And now I'll say the Lakers. Cavs will have a hella hard time making it now.

what54!?
05-27-2009, 12:05 AM
haha the lakers now

i.got.the.nutz
05-27-2009, 12:10 AM
ummm yeah ill take the Lakers

Hellcrooner
05-27-2009, 12:11 AM
1-3 and they shoudl be already out if not for LJ mmiracle 3pt in game two.

Orlando has 3 match balls......Officiating should have to be clamorously bad to let lebron advance and would kill any reputation nba could have as a clean league with no rigging.

Lakers are 2-2 and have Hc advantage they SHOULD go trough....but who knows maybe kobe goes and takes 50 shots next game and we lose hc again

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 12:30 AM
1-3 and they shoudl be already out if not for LJ mmiracle 3pt in game two.

Orlando has 3 match balls......Officiating should have to be clamorously bad to let lebron advance and would kill any reputation nba could have as a clean league with no rigging.

I agree with this part. If they allow Cleveland to win now it will be considered one of the worst officiating jobs ever in any sport.

Lakers are 2-2 and have Hc advantage they SHOULD go trough....but who knows maybe kobe goes and takes 50 shots next game and we lose hc again

:speechless:

MagicBucsSox
05-27-2009, 12:46 AM
id rather magic vs la, we sweep them in the season and their middle is sofT for dwight. i look at the lakers like the cavs, one man band

QUICKTRADE
05-27-2009, 12:59 AM
there will be no sweep people whoever team will face.

iluvsports2much
05-27-2009, 01:25 AM

that was really inteligent....

anyway,as of rite now i say obviously the lakers cuz they still have the HCA and clevelands down 3-1...im not gonna say the lakers are DEFINATELY goin to the finals tho...K-mart said it best,they gotta go throught denver first to get to the finals...i think the denver/LA series is waaaay too hard to call...anything could happen,im a laker fan and i admit,lakers been outplayed the majority of the series...its gonna be tough for both teams to advance

AllTheWay
05-27-2009, 01:38 AM
id rather magic vs la, we sweep them in the season and their middle is sofT for dwight. i look at the lakers like the cavs, one man band

It won't be Dwight that beats the Lakers, it will be the 3 point shooters. Lakers always do a good job of limiting Dwight.

SF25
05-27-2009, 01:43 AM
As of right now it's obviously the Lakers.Cavs are pretty much done, they'll win game 5 but be finished by game 6. Although, if any team can win 3 in a row it would be the Cavs. Game 6 should be interesting but I still say the Magic knock them out.

SJSHARKIES
05-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Lakers, Cleveland has a lot of mismatch problems with Magic. They have no answer for Dwight Howard inside the key, plus Magic have a outside game with the 3s. Howard has far more help, and a more balanced scoring team while Cleveland relies heavily on Lebron. Lebron needs more help, and people to step up. I don't care who you are, if your Kobe or Jordan if you don't get team help your a gonner.

lakerboy
05-27-2009, 02:01 AM
The difference between us and the Cavs is that we have a lot of big men that can play offensively against the Magic.

Gasol can flat out score. Bynum can score. Rashard won't be much of a mismatch because we have the same type of player in Lamar Odom. IMO, Rashard will also have a problem defending the post against any of our bigs.

Kobe will burn Pietrus and Courtney Lee. I'm also very comfortable with Ariza guarding Hedo the entire game. Maybe we don't stop him but we'll make him work.

But yes, we do have a lot of problems in guarding the three. So we'll find out. We gotta reach the finals first :D

dsonLAL24
05-27-2009, 02:02 AM
magic lakers finals