PDA

View Full Version : I Live in Orlando aint a Magic Fan but must ask?

jerseykidd88
05-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Where were Magic fans during the TD Emptyhouse years... every time i ask magic fans they either stay quiet or get mad. Magic fans always leave before the final buzzer and only get loud after a three or Dwight dunk. I remember when magic won 21 games no one liked them now i cant even log into my facebook without someone saying GO MAGIC.. man bandwagons make me maaaad:mad:

JNore151
05-26-2009, 03:59 PM
i feel exactly what ur saying.....ive been thru everything since i was 9 yrs old...im 23 now.....

jerseykidd88
05-26-2009, 04:00 PM
i feel exactly what ur saying.....ive been thru everything since i was 9 yrs old...im 23 now.....

yea there are some real fans but alotta bandwagon !

ManRam
05-26-2009, 04:21 PM
It's typical for small market teams...

I live in Pittsburgh now, and have for the last 4 years...the amount of new Pens fans is ridiculous. Any small market team is going to be extremely prone for excessive bandwagon activity. There's not enough of a fan base to hide the bandwagoners. Don't know if it's a bad thing necessarily, it's just annoying. Oh well...

macc
05-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Ya you'll def have your bandwagoners for small market teams, plus it's the location as well that makes some of the fans weak. I mean it's Orlando Florida where many of the rich folk go to retire and enjoy the good weather and what not. I could be wrong but I've always thought of beach city teams always seem to have the weakest fans. When I was in the Marine Corps I was stationed in Southern Cali and thought the same thing of the San Diego fans. Went to a couple chargers games and there were people leaving in the beginning to the middle of the 4th quarter. That's football where you don't have many home games to go to!!!

I've been a Magic fan since I was 9. I'm 27 now. Shaq is what made me a Magic fan and I've been with the team ever since. Even when Darrel Armstrong was the best player on our team and lead us to the playoffs with no true all star on the roster.

But in any case I think beach side city fans are weak even LA, they just have a big enough following of true fans to drown out the bandwagoners.

I live in North Dakota so we don't have any teams of our own. Alot of Minnesota fans but only because we're close to their territory.

In a final thought.

Go Magic! (Eastern Conf finals)
Go Niners! (Been to long to list their last superbowl)
Go White Sox! (2005 World Champions)
Go Penguins! (in the finals)
Go Duke Blue Devils! (had really mediocre teams lately)

MAC10TIZZY
05-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Where were Magic fans during the TD Emptyhouse years... every time i ask magic fans they either stay quiet or get mad. Magic fans always leave before the final buzzer and only get loud after a three or Dwight dunk. I remember when magic won 21 games no one liked them now i cant even log into my facebook without someone saying GO MAGIC.. man bandwagons make me maaaad:mad:

i feel like we all have to prove our battle wounds now....ha ha ...i can assure you who are the real die hard fans, and the fans that have finally niticed us (and are like dang, they are pretty good)...i used to hate fairweather fans ( i made a post about this in the begining of the season) but now i except them, because honestly i cant go to every home game, and these new and existing fans, the more the better, will pave the way for our new arena and new stars wanting to make orlando their home....i turned thirty this year, and spent all of these years right here in sunny orlando, thanks for the tweny good years, and now for this great year..........GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magicbucs4eva
05-26-2009, 05:02 PM
i agree with this guy!! all of the sudden there are fans that i had no clue that liked them!

*Superman*
05-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah all the kids at my school talk about the Magic. Some that don't even know the players names! One kid says he only watches the playoffs and i was like wow. Next year if the Magic didn't even get passed the 2nd round, they wouldn't even give a damn. Its stupid.

tugboat424
05-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Being from New York, and a hardcore Magic fan, I get a lot of crap from people saying "oh you're a bandwagoner." That's anything BUT the truth. I really started following the Magic the year before the 21 win season.

As a kid, I never really had an NBA team. Of course being young, I loved MJ, but I also really liked Penny, mainly because his name was Penny. Ever since then, the Magic have been my team, and when I started actually getting into the NBA I've liked them more and more. But it's tough being a New Yorker and being a Magic fan...not many other people to talk to about them and mainly I just get the typical Knicks fan who likes to talk trash haha.

As for the bandwagon fans - yes, they are annoying, but at the same time, I bet we gain a lot of actual TRUE Fans from this experience. There are probably a lot of people who don't have a team, and if we make an impression on them during these playoffs, we could gain a few more diehards....

EX-TREME
05-27-2009, 09:09 AM
we need more true fans in psd.