PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace is going to play where next season?

BkOriginalOne
05-26-2009, 12:40 PM
There are a lot of places i think sheed can go and still be effective. I'm assuming he will only go to contenders, or teams he can make contenders.

1. Denver Nuggets.
I would love to see Sheed be another big for the nugget; better that he can shoot the 3 and expand the D. They've been playing well with Kleiza at the 4, cause he shoots it, and they had success with Najera seasons ago playing the same role. If you combine Kleiza's scoring ability and Najera toughness and D, you come up with Raheed Wallce. Now they're bench is solidified.
AC, Jr Smith, Kleiza, Wallace, Birdman.

2. San Antonio Spurs.
Why not give Greg Poppavich what he's been looking for since Robert Horry retired. A PF who can shoot the 3 in clutch situations, plays tough basketball and has experience in the playoffs. Parker, Mason, Manu, Duncan, Wallace.

3. Orlando Magic. With the possibility of Hedo leaving in FA, the magic could use a another big who can shoot the 3. PLaying alongside Wallce will also help the growth of Howard and they could use a player who can post up and pass from the post.

4. Cleveland Cavaliers. Almost seems unfare doesn't it? But tell me Wallce wouldn't make this an unbelievably deep team.

5. Boston Celtics. The sight of seeing KG and Wallace sharing the same frontcourt would scare some NBA teams into losses before tip off. He could be there last needed veteran to bring them back to certain title contention.

6. Los Angeles Lakers. With Bynum proving to be a huge disappointment, Phil Jackson could use a big who can play off the pine.

Anywhere else?

Trouble87
05-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Charlotte Bobcats- Reunite him w/ Larry Brown and we all know how Jordan feels about UNC guys. I could see him getting a full MLE & for multiple years if he goes to the Bobcats

S-Dot
05-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Spurs- Old big man that can knock down the outside shot...it's inevitable

thedfactor
05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Heard he wants to play in Dallas or San Antonio, but as a Mavs fan I don't want him if he asks too much. At his age and questionable work ethic I'll pass.

king4day
05-26-2009, 12:52 PM
There are a lot of places i think sheed can go and still be effective. I'm assuming he will only go to contenders, or teams he can make contenders.

1. Denver Nuggets.
I would love to see Sheed be another big for the nugget; better that he can shoot the 3 and expand the D. They've been playing well with Kleiza at the 4, cause he shoots it, and they had success with Najera seasons ago playing the same role. If you combine Kleiza's scoring ability and Najera toughness and D, you come up with Raheed Wallce. Now they're bench is solidified.
AC, Jr Smith, Kleiza, Wallace, Birdman.

2. San Antonio Spurs.
Why not give Greg Poppavich what he's been looking for since Robert Horry retired. A PF who can shoot the 3 in clutch situations, plays tough basketball and has experience in the playoffs. Parker, Mason, Manu, Duncan, Wallace.

3. Orlando Magic. With the possibility of Hedo leaving in FA, the magic could use a another big who can shoot the 3. PLaying alongside Wallce will also help the growth of Howard and they could use a player who can post up and pass from the post.

4. Cleveland Cavaliers. Almost seems unfare doesn't it? But tell me Wallce wouldn't make this an unbelievably deep team.

5. Boston Celtics. The sight of seeing KG and Wallace sharing the same frontcourt would scare some NBA teams into losses before tip off. He could be there last needed veteran to bring them back to certain title contention.

6. Los Angeles Lakers. With Bynum proving to be a huge disappointment, Phil Jackson could use a big who can play off the pine.

Anywhere else?

The only one I see a serious problem with would be the Celtics.
They would be the slowest team in the league. It wouldn't surprise me if they made a play for him though.

masalex1205
05-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Charlotte Bobcats- Reunite him w/ Larry Brown and we all know how Jordan feels about UNC guys. I could see him getting a full MLE & for multiple years if he goes to the Bobcats

Stop this garbage before it starts, the Bobcats aren't going to sign Rasheed or Iverson. They have to resign Felton and pay for a 1st round draft pick and will be over the salary cap.

Just because a player played for Larry Brown before doesn't mean they will again.

BenFrank
05-26-2009, 01:00 PM
How about Houston..

Yao need's a good back-up to give him some rest dureing the season, so he can play thru-out the playoffs, and Houston would like someone who could space the floor so brooks could get easy lay-ups or kick it out for 3.. once we deal T-mac's contract that will leave room to sign him.. and also pickup another SG, maybe Hamilton or Carter

what54!?
05-26-2009, 01:02 PM
aren't he and KG good friends? I could see him going to the celtics.

tjp2033
05-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Philadelphia- He is a philly native and may end his career there. He would get major minutes and could play along side Elton Brand.

Not saying he will end here, its just maybe he wants to play at home.

what54!?
05-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Philadelphia- He is a philly native and may end his career there. He would get major minutes and could play along side Elton Brand.

Not saying he will end here, its just maybe he wants to play at home.

don't think their up-tempo style will work for him

bahama0811
05-26-2009, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't mind him in Denver but we won't have the cap space once we re-sign the Birdman.

Hanzinho
05-26-2009, 01:28 PM
IN MY CELTIIIICS!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

NYstateofMinD
05-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I would love to see him on the Nuggets, perfect fit for them both.

levignjw
05-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Anywhere but Detroit and I will be happy. The guy has zero work ethic.

albertc86
05-26-2009, 02:40 PM
He'd go to a contender, no doubt. I think he'd be a great fit for the Cavs.

Wake's Fastball
05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
The only one I see a serious problem with would be the Celtics.
They would be the slowest team in the league. It wouldn't surprise me if they made a play for him though.

He'd presumably take mostly minutes that Davis and Perkins have now... is Rasheed really slower than those two?

ManRam
05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
How much money is he going to want? That will narrow things down a lot. The vast majority of teams will be over the cap already before free agency begins.

FNM BOY
05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Rasheed Wallace will sign with Philly for the MLE..its his hometown

Jays Claw
05-26-2009, 04:48 PM
I can see him playing for the Bobcats, Magic and even the Celtics.

Hellcrooner
05-26-2009, 05:02 PM
wish he woudl accept half mle and kidd the other half.

Kidd, Kobe, Ariza, Pau, Sheed with Farmar, Sasha, Walton, Odom, Bynum from the becnh

:D

hawkaveli
05-26-2009, 05:04 PM
y not portland? i can see him going back there. Making Aldridge a better player. Playing the 5 instead of Pryzbilla. Add some much needed Veteran presence there and be on a team that's on their way up. OKC could use him but i don't see him going there

Jimmies8
05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
how about Chicago? He'd be a veteran presents for a very good young playoff team? They want to get rid of Tyrus Thomas so Sheed could come in and fill that role

levignjw
05-26-2009, 05:13 PM
How much money is he going to want? That will narrow things down a lot. The vast majority of teams will be over the cap already before free agency begins.

I heard he is going to want around $8 million.

SeoulBeatz
05-26-2009, 05:17 PM
return home and play for the sixers!

god damnit that would be perfect but wont happen.

BlackMambaMan24
05-26-2009, 05:55 PM
y not portland? i can see him going back there. Making Aldridge a better player. Playing the 5 instead of Pryzbilla. Add some much needed Veteran presence there and be on a team that's on their way up. OKC could use him but i don't see him going there

Rasheed Wallace was part of the Blazer era that was very dysfunctional at times and were considered to be "thugs". This current era was developed by filtering out all of the negativity surrounding the team, which included its players. Rasheed was best known there for breaking the technical foul record. He moved on after being traded to the Hawks, but then shortly after, was traded again to the Pistons where he became the missing piece. He already has a championship, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind winning another one. I can't see him going to the Thunder either. But as for the Blazers, they have developed a solid core that features all-star Brandon Roy, and up-and-comers Travis Outlaw and LaMarcus Aldridge. By the way, is LaMarcus Aldridge related to David Aldridge in any way? Anyways, I could I see Rasheed Wallace going to the Charlotte Bobcats. They barely missed the playoffs last season, and more importantly, they started to show signs of maturity toward the end of the season. If Wallace doesn't act too cocky and pull a Latrell Sprewell, I could see him in a Bobcats uniform by the end of summer. Other possible destinations include San Antonio (they gave Roger Mason Jr. a chance), Cleveland (maybe he gets some revenge if Detroit doesn't re-sign him), Philadelphia (hometown: but really no other reason he would go there let alone be wanted there).

Jays Claw
05-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Rasheed Wallace would be perfect in Sacramento.

He could fill the hole that Brad Miller left?

TYoung21
05-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Philly. Hometown and hopefully our current brainless center is gone by the start of the season. We need someone who can jack 3s!

JRisdabest
05-26-2009, 06:17 PM
LA.........

clippers

zambo4president
05-26-2009, 06:40 PM
how about Chicago? He'd be a veteran presents for a very good young playoff team? They want to get rid of Tyrus Thomas so Sheed could come in and fill that role

No. Very wrong. We are willing to trade him for an amare or a bosh, we sure as hell arent trying to get rid of him and especially for Rasheed.

_Sn1P3r_
05-26-2009, 06:49 PM
I think he'd be a nice fit for the Spurs.

AmerTeam/KB24
05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Lakers

NBA_Starter
05-26-2009, 09:39 PM

I like you.:)

Either that or back to Portland again, if he's for sure willing to come off of the bench.

Joshtd1
05-26-2009, 11:09 PM
As long as he doesnt ask for a whole lot, Id love him in Spurs uniform.

nearyG
05-26-2009, 11:26 PM
lol brian colangelo wants to bring toughness to toronto so he's gonna sign rasheed and artest

Jimmies8
05-26-2009, 11:59 PM
No. Very wrong. We are willing to trade him for an amare or a bosh, we sure as hell arent trying to get rid of him and especially for Rasheed.

I meant trade Tyrus Thomas for whatever else you need and bring Rasheed in via free agency

Kyben36
05-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Chicago needs a PF, but I think we will look at some bigger names first.

AllTheWay
05-27-2009, 01:41 AM
spurs

Havoc Wreaker
05-27-2009, 02:11 AM
SuperSonics

Corey
05-27-2009, 06:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up on the C's. He'd get huge minutes coming off the bench, and would provide a legitimate front court (along with Glen Davis) that other benches wouldn't be able to contain.

He'd be great for the Celtics. Could even slide him/Davis into the lineup if injury occurs without losing too much talent.

Full MLE.

Bulls_fan90
05-27-2009, 07:18 AM
wish he woudl accept half mle and kidd the other half.

Kidd, Kobe, Ariza, Pau, Sheed with Farmar, Sasha, Walton, Odom, Bynum from the becnh

:D

Isnt Farmar gone after this season?

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
All of those old teams looking to win now and have most of the pieces. Celtics and Spurs mainly. Maybe Cleveland and LA as well.

IBleedPurple
05-27-2009, 04:44 PM
spurs

x2, they are looking to be contenders again

mikantsass
05-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I think he'd fit well with Miami. I definately think he stays in the East

superkegger
05-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I'd love to see him in LA. The Lakers need someone like that. Someone who is going to be your badass, not take **** and play with some emotion and fire. And when Bynum inevitably gets injured again, it'd be nice to have him step in and fill the role

LA_Raiders
05-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Spurs & Bos can't go Older.
Den & LA Dont have $$.
Clev or Orl Sound about right....

LA_Raiders
05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Isnt Farmar gone after this season?

He better be...