PDA

View Full Version : Just Saying... if the Cavs lose

JDizzle
05-26-2009, 11:06 AM
If the cavs would lose and not even make it to the finals. could they be even better next year then this year? They went 66-16, 39-2 at home and the whole entire season looked like the team that had that chemistry to win it all. I dont see how this team could get any better unless it makes trades and breaks the team apart and ruins the chemistry it has. I wouldnt mind that but the only problem with that is if it fails and you still dont win next year, lebron becomes a free agent and could go anywere.

Just like to know your thoughts

prodigy
05-26-2009, 11:16 AM
well It will be lebrons last season, So ferry will do everything in his power to put a better team on the court. There are some good FA's out there, But I see the cavs going after bosh in trade. Cavs don't have alot to offer upfront, But they could package quite abit.

AV/gibson/hickson bunch of draft picks. IDK.

Sly Guy
05-26-2009, 11:23 AM
well It will be lebrons last season, So ferry will do everything in his power to put a better team on the court. There are some good FA's out there, But I see the cavs going after bosh in trade. Cavs don't have alot to offer upfront, But they could package quite abit.

AV/gibson/hickson bunch of draft picks. IDK.

and explain to me why we'd want role players on a role player heavy team? Or why we'd want a bunch of late first round draft picks?

KaganRS
05-26-2009, 11:36 AM
No No , the Pistons are getting Chris Bosh.

marlinsfan24
05-26-2009, 11:38 AM
This current Cavs team isn't good enough to get Lebron a championship! Mo Williams is NOT a reliable 2nd option. Gotta get him someone else.

JordansBulls
05-26-2009, 11:44 AM
This current Cavs team isn't good enough to get Lebron a championship! Mo Williams is NOT a reliable 2nd option. Gotta get him someone else.

Mo is a realiable 2nd option, the problem is Lebron has the ball in his hands nearly every play. I told you it would backfire on the Cavs having Lebron trying to do everything the first few rounds. He should have allowed others on the team to flourish earlier on as he was going to need them for this series. I'm convinced that Lebron is more about just getting his numbers more than anything else.

Regarding the question, No way would the Cavs be better next year. If they lose this series with HCA when Orlando is missing a star player in Nelson what makes them better next year with Big z older?

Also they will have to deal with a healthy Boston team next year as well.

marlinsfan24
05-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Mo is a realiable 2nd option, the problem is Lebron has the ball in his hands nearly every play. I told you it would backfire on the Cavs having Lebron trying to do everything the first few rounds. He should have allowed others on the team to flourish earlier on as he was going to need them for this series. I'm convinced that Lebron is more about just getting his numbers more than anything else.

Regarding the question, No way would the Cavs be better next year. If they lose this series with HCA when Orlando is missing a star player in Nelson what makes them better next year with Big z older?

Want to add in a healthy Wizards team with a top 5 pick, the Heat and Hawks should definetly improve. Bucks with a healthy Redd. The East for sure is no longer going to be a playground for the Cavs and Lebron.

IBleedPurple
05-26-2009, 12:00 PM

Great point, and I think your argument is being proved more as each game passes. I think Lebron does need to get his teammates involved more if they will have a chance. In past seasons, sometimes the Cavs were at their best when Lebron scored under 30 pts, but had something like 24 pts, 9 assists & 12 rebounds.

oak2455
05-26-2009, 12:06 PM
If They don't win King James will be a gone......... playing for the Knicks:)

Unruly Fan
05-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Its not like LeBrons isn't trying. Although he's taking the majority of the shots, if you look at the numbers the rest of the Cavs team is shooting at very low percentage. They need to step it up and start making shots.

rhaas74
05-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Its not like LeBrons isn't trying. Although he's taking the majority of the shots, if you look at the numbers the rest of the Cavs team is shooting at very low percentage. They need to step it up and start making shots.

Couldn't have said it better. Once the postseason hits it means more, so LeBron is going to try to do more, knowing he is the best player on the court. But, he is also trying to get his teammates involved. He has found Mo, Delonte, and Z completely open and they aren't hitting their shots. So do you want him to keep passing when they aren't hitting. I don't know about you guys, but even if LeBron is cold along with them I would want the ball in his hands.

And why would Toronto trade with us? We have some big expiring contracts. Enough so that we could trade for Bosh and take on a contract that they don't want. I don't think the chemistry will be ruined if guys like Big Ben leave. The core group in my mind that gives the Cavs their chemistry is LeBron, Mo, Delonte, Andy, and Boobie. If you ever notice, these are the guys that seem to be doing the most on the sidelines together. I think it spills over from these guys.

leftymo
05-26-2009, 12:20 PM
I might be one of the few that thinks the Cavs don't have such a big window. They have a lot of older guys that know how to play but will be ending their run a bit. I'm talking about Zman, Ben, Wally, Smith... But the core of Sasha, Varajao, Mo and Lebron should make them an elite team and title contender...

Also, Orlando is a better team, playing a better brand of basketball. It should be interesting to see if Cleveland can turn it around, but I like Orlando in this series.

IndyRealist
05-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Ben Wallace, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Anderson Verajao, and Sasha Pavlovic are a combined $36 million in expiring contracts next year. I'm sure they can land someone with that money.

pebloemer
05-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Couldn't have said it better. Once the postseason hits it means more, so LeBron is going to try to do more, knowing he is the best player on the court. But, he is also trying to get his teammates involved. He has found Mo, Delonte, and Z completely open and they aren't hitting their shots. So do you want him to keep passing when they aren't hitting. I don't know about you guys, but even if LeBron is cold along with them I would want the ball in his hands.

And why would Toronto trade with us? We have some big expiring contracts. Enough so that we could trade for Bosh and take on a contract that they don't want. I don't think the chemistry will be ruined if guys like Big Ben leave. The core group in my mind that gives the Cavs their chemistry is LeBron, Mo, Delonte, Andy, and Boobie. If you ever notice, these are the guys that seem to be doing the most on the sidelines together. I think it spills over from these guys.

If the Raptor's trade Bosh, they will want young talent in return, not expirings. Bosh is an expiring. Their bad contracts only run through 2011 (Banks, Kapono), so one extra year paying them isn't a huge deal when you are rebuilding anyways (which the team would be if they dealt Bosh). I don't see how the Cavs could offer more than most other teams looking at Bosh.

IndyRealist
05-26-2009, 12:32 PM
If the Raptor's trade Bosh, they will want young talent in return, not expirings. Bosh is an expiring. Their bad contracts only run through 2011 (Banks, Kapono), so one extra year paying them isn't a huge deal when you are rebuilding anyways (which the team would be if they dealt Bosh). I don't see how the Cavs could offer more than most other teams looking at Bosh.

Ya, Bosh is more or less out of the question. They should be looking more at players like Chris Kaman, Tyson Chandler, and Michael Redd who are on bad teams and have long term contracts.

Free Throw
05-26-2009, 12:40 PM
They could get better, seeing they will be dropping Wally's bomb of a contract this off season, I think he makes 13m this year.

John408
05-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I hope the Cavs win so I can see them get wooped by my Lakers...who aren't playing that well either. LOL.

nyybronxborn
05-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I hope the Cavs win so I can see them get wooped by my Lakers...who aren't playing that well either. LOL.

seeing as the lakers arent making it to the finals ,you must meen that denver will woop the magic , but its goin to be magic over denver in the finals lakers and cleveland were overrated with 2 overrated players

masalex1205
05-26-2009, 12:58 PM

haha setting yourself up

tr3ymill3r
05-26-2009, 01:00 PM
How come all of a sudden after having the best regular season record, people are now saying LeBron doesn't have enough help? If you're an MVP regardless of how your guys are playing you still have to make a concertive effort to get them involved. Mo Williams is not the prototypical 2nd scorer, but it worked for 82+ games. The Magic are just a better team and a hungrier team with all the puppet and vitamin water commercials. LeBron needs to not worry so much about scoring, but to get his teammates involved earlier in the game. If you're the MVP you shouldn't get stopped by Hedo, even if you're scoring 41 ppg that's apparently not working. The series should be 3-0 and tonight will be 3-1.

nothappyinut
05-26-2009, 01:27 PM
seeing as the lakers arent making it to the finals ,you must meen that denver will woop the magic , but its goin to be magic over denver in the finals lakers and cleveland were overrated with 2 overrated players

OVERRATED?????? I guess I'm watching a different LeBron than you are. He's been throwing up numbers that rivial with Oscar and Jordan but I guess those two were overrated and seeing your from ny I bet James wouldn't be considered overrated if he jumped ship in the "year of LeBron". Please define for me overrated!!!!!

James
2009 Playoffs Statistics
PPG 35.3 RPG 8.60 APG 6.9 EFF + 37.82 OVERRATED????????

The only reason why they aren't winning is theirs no help from anyone else on the team. In the last three games, Mo 18 for 56 shooting, West 13 for 31, Z 13 for 34 All he needs is one of three people to hit there average and the bench to play how theyve been playing all year and its game over. But please if your going to call out someone being overrated please know what the hell your talking about

prodigy
05-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Well since the cavs just sold 15% of the team to a huge marketing team in china, Lebron will make alot more endorsement money staying in clevleand. So once he resigns, Bosh will fellow. So bosh can grab some of those endorsement deals, and plus be on a great team.

prodigy
05-26-2009, 01:41 PM
The Magic are just a better team and a hungrier team .

Lol you can't believe that.

Kenny
05-26-2009, 01:54 PM
How come all of a sudden after having the best regular season record, people are now saying LeBron doesn't have enough help? If you're an MVP regardless of how your guys are playing you still have to make a concertive effort to get them involved. Mo Williams is not the prototypical 2nd scorer, but it worked for 82+ games. The Magic are just a better team and a hungrier team with all the puppet and vitamin water commercials. LeBron needs to not worry so much about scoring, but to get his teammates involved earlier in the game. If you're the MVP you shouldn't get stopped by Hedo, even if you're scoring 41 ppg that's apparently not working. The series should be 3-0 and tonight will be 3-1.

lets look at stats, not your retarted opinion.. Mo Williams has taken 19 shots a game this sereies.. thats 5 more shots a game more then he took in the regular season.. He is a abysmal 19-56, Delonte West is averaging a little over 10 shots a game, a few tenths more then he averaged in the regular season and is shooting 13-31 from the field.. Big Z is shooting more shots a game in this series and is a pathetic 13-34 from the field way down from his 47 percent in the regular season.

So the 3 best players besides Lebron have all taken more shots per game in this series then there regular season average and all have done terrible

OrLMaGiK1
05-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Believe it! The whole organization has been talking championship since the pre-season. Cleveland has only been talking MVP and all this "WITNESS" BS that is just hyping up the fans to come to more games and have more people watch nationally. Well sorry to disappoint the media but You are all going to WITNESS your season end this week. It's not "We are all witnesses." now, it's "We are all believers." in the Magic. Everyone wrote us off for so long and this victory is going to be so sweet!

albertc86
05-26-2009, 02:39 PM
If I owned the Cavs, I'd keep LeBron (of course), Williams, West and Varejao. In my opinion,Illgauskas (sp?) is expendable. They should seek the services of a more physical presence. If they acquired an imposing presence in the middle, they'd be a lot better. Illgauskas is a great big man, but there are better suited big men out there for their style of play.

AIsixersFK
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Well the media makes LeBron look like god...He doesn't need any talent. Just 4 other guys to take up space on the court. :)

Unruly Fan
05-26-2009, 02:53 PM
If the Raptor's trade Bosh, they will want young talent in return, not expirings. Bosh is an expiring. Their bad contracts only run through 2011 (Banks, Kapono), so one extra year paying them isn't a huge deal when you are rebuilding anyways (which the team would be if they dealt Bosh). I don't see how the Cavs could offer more than most other teams looking at Bosh.Bosh is considered young talent. Thats why its very important for Toronto to do whatever they can to keep him. The Raptors are a generally young team and, if anything, need veterans to help lead them deeper into the playoffs.

what54!?
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
need more frontcourt scoring. Its just lebron. Z gets no love from me since he hasn't done anything

Unruly Fan
05-26-2009, 02:57 PM
lets look at stats, not your retarted opinion.. Mo Williams has taken 19 shots a game this sereies.. thats 5 more shots a game more then he took in the regular season.. He is a abysmal 19-56, Delonte West is averaging a little over 10 shots a game, a few tenths more then he averaged in the regular season and is shooting 13-31 from the field.. Big Z is shooting more shots a game in this series and is a pathetic 13-34 from the field way down from his 47 percent in the regular season.

So the 3 best players besides Lebron have all taken more shots per game in this series then there regular season average and all have done terrible
^^^READ THIS FIRST^^^

...Before anyone says anything regarding LeBron not passing, etc.
Real truth behind why the Cavs aren't doing so well.

nyanks79
05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Ya, Bosh is more or less out of the question. They should be looking more at players like Chris Kaman, Tyson Chandler, and Michael Redd who are on bad teams and have long term contracts.

If colangolo cant sign bosh this summer they will trade him. They will look to get anyone back in return because they know he is just going to leave in 2010, and they dont want to just lose him for nothing.

JordansBulls
05-26-2009, 03:52 PM

Like I said before, the Cavs weren't playing well in the other 2 rounds and Lebron continued to try to take over instead of getting those guys going. Now how do you expect to get those guys going in the conference finals when they weren't going that well in the 1st round and semifinals. This is going to come back to bite Lebron and the Cavs in the back because he was too worried about putting up big numbers and blowing out those other teams instead of getting those other guys going in order to show why he was MVP. If the Cavs lose this series it will hurt him badly as it will be just another team that has won 65+ games that has not won the title.

Teams were all the teams that won 65+ that won the NBA title that year.
'08 Celtics
'00 Lakers
'97 Bulls
'96 Bulls
'92 Bulls
'87 Lakers
'86 Celtics
'83 Sixers
'72 Lakers
'71 Bucks
'67 Sixers

These were the only 2 teams that won 65+ games that did not win the NBA Title.

'07 Mavs
'73 Celtics

MJL
05-26-2009, 03:57 PM
If Cavs lose the series? Well, it's highly possible, especially they could be down 0-3 already. But if they lose, one thing for sure, David Stern will lose some sleep...:-)

Unruly Fan
05-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Like I said before, the Cavs weren't playing well in the other 2 rounds and Lebron continued to try to take over instead of getting those guys going. Now how do you expect to get those guys going in the conference finals when they weren't going that well in the 1st round and semifinals. This is going to come back to bite Lebron and the Cavs in the back because he was too worried about putting up big numbers and blowing out those other teams instead of getting those other guys going in order to show why he was MVP. If the Cavs lose this series it will hurt him badly as it will be just another team that has won 65+ games that has not won the title.
How do you expect he do that? If LeBron didn't step up (like EVERONE expects him too) they would be down 3 - 0. From what i've seen he has been getting them open oppertunities, drawing doubles, making passes. The team itself has to hold strong and NOT fold in the playoff atmosphere.

Its just so much easier for a team to use a player like LeBron as a cop out and force him to make the difficult shots. He doesn't have Gasol on his team.

rhaas74
05-26-2009, 07:16 PM
If colangolo cant sign bosh this summer they will trade him. They will look to get anyone back in return because they know he is just going to leave in 2010, and they dont want to just lose him for nothing.

Not only that, but Bosh figuratively has a no trade clause. He has one in the sense that all he has to do is tell a team that is trying to trade for him that he will not sign an extension with them. No team will trade for him for 1 year. So he can choose where he wants to play, and the Raptors have to take the best trade from those franchises. So if you think about it, it is possible for Bosh to end up in Cleveland.

sintaks12
05-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Not only that, but Bosh figuratively has a no trade clause. He has one in the sense that all he has to do is tell a team that is trying to trade for him that he will not sign an extension with them. No team will trade for him for 1 year. So he can choose where he wants to play, and the Raptors have to take the best trade from those franchises. So if you think about it, it is possible for Bosh to end up in Cleveland.

That's ludicrous. The only person with a no trade clause is Kobe. Bosh will go where Toronto trades him, period. And it won't be Cleveland... they have nothing to offer but expirings. Pretty sure the Raps want more than just cap relief for their franchise player.