PDA

View Full Version : L.O. should be our third offensive threat!

Lakerz4ever
05-26-2009, 05:32 AM
For the past two games now, all I've been hearing from commentators is that we need that THIRD offensive scorer to help us past the Nuggets! Now is it me, or does it seem like Lamar has become a little less of a factor than in the previous series?! It seems like he's just playing in the background and not as animated or forceful as he has been with the Jazz or the Rockets. At first I thought it was because of that nasty spill he had, when he landed on his back ...but I really can't figure it out. I really like L.O. and all the intagibles that he brings to the table, but we need him more than ever to be that third scorer to keep the pressure off of Pau and Kobe. Someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong with this observation!! :confused:

Fear_GAS_OLDier
05-26-2009, 05:50 AM
ariza is doing it hot wid 14 ppg if LO's job is to get a double double.......statistically that is

vic0455
05-26-2009, 05:52 AM
lamar needs to be our point forward and bring his all around game which is slowly fading...i think we would be a better team if he could drop between 12 to 16 points per game 8 boards and 5 assist a game....i kno he can but somethings wrong with the dude...he plays when he wants...our team is missing that x factor like chris anderson is for denver.i think this is gonna end up looking like one of those series where we get outplayed every game but still manage to win it...sort of like how the spurs were in 07 against the suns and us versus the kings in 02 and to be honest i think utah outplayed and hustled us last yr in that series we won in 6..so yea we need the x factor for us needs to step up.....haha with x factors u can always surprise a team, kinda like when kwame when we took the suns to 7 games..he became our x factor in that series averaging almost a double double...

ggg
05-26-2009, 11:39 AM
he's still injured. takes away some of his explosiveness, which i have to be honest, doesnt have alot.

showtym24
05-26-2009, 01:16 PM
He's the most inconsistent player in the nba. And is mentally our weakest player by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I cant wait till he is officially off our team this summer.

MJL
05-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Get Artest this off season disregard whether we won the final or not...

lakers4sho
05-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Lamar is supposed to be our 3rd offensive option, but he's not putting up points but rather a bonehead play after another.

Pearljammer II
05-26-2009, 05:35 PM
In this series he's about our 5th option, behind Bynum & Ariza..... even Ariza didn't seem to have his normal energy level last night, if it weren't for Bynum's 14 pts, we would have been killed last night by 20+..

x_notorious
05-26-2009, 07:16 PM
He's too inconsistent to be the 3rd option and as a whole, the Lakers 3rd option in general (whomever it may be) is inconsistent. Some days it could Bynum or Ariza or Odom or Fisher etc.

big c
05-27-2009, 12:39 PM
bynum should be our 3rd option.

Iceman_9
05-27-2009, 12:50 PM
LO has no energy at all. Birdman is outrebounding LO almost every oportunity. He is the missing link right now. I cant understand his game right now. Maybe ha has forgotten that this is his contract year. Id rather sign Artest next year than to see this gutless wonder again in a laker uniform.

LA_Raiders
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Well, yeah he is supposed to be but he is very inconsistent, you never know what Odom is going to show up....

I agree, we need to let him go and get Artest... Nash-Kidd/Kobe/Artest/Gasol/Bynum, thats a great team.....

LA_Raiders
05-27-2009, 01:19 PM
LO has no energy at all. Birdman is outrebounding LO almost every oportunity. He is the missing link right now. I cant understand his game right now. Maybe ha has forgotten that this is his contract year. Id rather sign Artest next year than to see this gutless wonder again in a laker uniform.

All Lakers...

lakerboy
05-27-2009, 01:24 PM
The problem is PJ putting Bynum as a starting center but benching him and opting for Lamar Odom through out the game. This makes both Odom and Bynum have erratic nights (unstable minutes). He needs to choose which player to stick to,.

AmerTeam/KB24
05-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I agree LO need to be involved more but i think he's still laboring from that back injury...

lakerdc1
05-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Really? At what point do you accept that this is just Lamar being Lamar. This is a pattern that has existed for his entire career... I like Lamar, but no team will ever win a title if they have to rely on him. At this point, Trev, Sasha, Drew and Pau are the guys that are going to make or break this team. If at least 2 of them come big each night, we will be fine. We don't have a clear #3 guy, but we have a lot of guys who can fill that role, including Lamar, on any given night. Let's just hope they can find it in themselves to produce.

kblo247
05-27-2009, 07:04 PM
The one problem that LO has is that he cannot mover from left to right without his back hurting him.

He can go forward or backwards but that is it and it is affecting his game and our D because he is the teams best help defender.