PDA

View Full Version : David Sterns worst nightmare

camador22
05-26-2009, 03:01 AM
I can't stand the Laker fans crying controversy on the game being rigged anymore. The fact is Sterns worst nightmare would be a Nuggets and Magic matchup in the finals. The NBA will lose tens of millions of dollars in advertisements due to ratings being poor. All the Kobe and Lebron commercials would be tossed and replaced with subpar ads. Any hope of the NBA finally coming back to the days when Bird and Magic were bitter rivals or any hope of LeBron finally being the next Jordan would be gone. For now the NBAs bright future may rely on Kobe and Lebron making it all the way. Lets keep our fingers crossed that we won't have to witness a matchup that we might not even witness.

superkegger
05-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Yeah, no one but Laker fans call the NBA rigged. Only Laker fans do that, no one else.

junion
05-26-2009, 03:34 AM
Anytime the Lakers win (and win the championship), people say it's rigged.

If you watch the conference finals and the officiating, it really looks like it's rigged for the nuggets to play the cavs. the way the actual games have been going, it looks like it could be the magic vs the lakers (or the nuggets)

and if it's about the money, it's better to have the lakers sweep the nuggets, and the cavs sweep the magic so we can have about a full week or more of the nba ads milking the dream match up and hyping it up for a long time, until they spend that week raising up the hype so that the nba can have superbowl type commercials.

GregOden#1
05-26-2009, 03:36 AM
I can't stand the Laker fans crying controversy on the game being rigged anymore. The fact is Sterns worst nightmare would be a Nuggets and Magic matchup in the finals. The NBA will lose tens of millions of dollars in advertisements due to ratings being poor. All the Kobe and Lebron commercials would be tossed and replaced with subpar ads. Any hope of the NBA finally coming back to the days when Bird and Magic were bitter rivals or any hope of LeBron finally being the next Jordan would be gone. For now the NBAs bright future may rely on Kobe and Lebron making it all the way. Lets keep our fingers crossed that we won't have to witness a matchup that we might not even witness.

OMG CAMADOR SIGHTING why?

AIsixersFK
05-26-2009, 03:44 AM
Even though I personally am rooting for the Nuggets and Orlando.....two small market teams....For the NBA's sake, it needs to be Kobe vs LeBron, excuse me....Lakers vs Cavs. If the Nuggets vs Orlando matchup ends up happening, Stern might jump out a ****in window.....I'm sure sir charles could help him out with that one

GspLAL
05-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Anytime the Lakers win (and win the championship), people say it's rigged.

If you watch the conference finals and the officiating, it really looks like it's rigged for the nuggets to play the cavs. the way the actual games have been going, it looks like it could be the magic vs the lakers (or the nuggets)

and if it's about the money, it's better to have the lakers sweep the nuggets, and the cavs sweep the magic so we can have about a full week or more of the nba ads milking the dream match up and hyping it up for a long time, until they spend that week raising up the hype so that the nba can have superbowl type commercials.

Not really, it's not all about the NBA office, the team organizations need money to, so a seven game series will bring in more money from tickets, foods, etc for the team.

Kyle916
05-26-2009, 04:12 AM
For the sole fact that the entire media world/NBA offices want to see a Cavaliers vs. Lakers NBA Finals, I'd be very excited to see a Nuggets vs. Magic Finals.

junion
05-26-2009, 04:16 AM
Not really, it's not all about the NBA office, the team organizations need money to, so a seven game series will bring in more money from tickets, foods, etc for the team.

i agree.

economy = "desperate times call for desperate measures".

NBA is a business. pretty much all business are struggling right now... i wouldn't be surprised if all businesses are doing whatever they can to earn more money. a restaurant might raise food prices. a state might raise its taxes. a theater might have more screens showing star trek, and less dance flick. and the nba might be doing whatever it can to make the most money they can.

junion
05-26-2009, 04:21 AM
For the sole fact that the entire media world/NBA offices want to see a Cavaliers vs. Lakers NBA Finals, I'd be very excited to see a Nuggets vs. Magic Finals.

the reason why the media and the nba offices would want that is because they would make the most money off of it. the reason why they'd make the most money off of it is because it's the most popular. the reason why it's popular is because so many of the nba fans like it.

then there are the people who just want to see something else just to be different and just to spite the 'norm' because they think they're a rebel.

Kyle916
05-26-2009, 04:40 AM
the reason why the media and the nba offices would want that is because they would make the most money off of it. the reason why they'd make the most money off of it is because it's the most popular. the reason why it's popular is because so many of the nba fans like it.

then there are the people who just want to see something else just to be different and just to spite the 'norm' because they think they're a rebel.

Good one...

Game_Over
05-26-2009, 04:54 AM
Wow so off of this it would be Yankees Cubs every year in the world series?? I was going for the under dog Cardinals in the Super Bowls and them being there had no influence on if I watched it with them or the Giants.. I want the two best teams, who cares who ESPN or Nike pumps up, let the two BEST damn teams play for it no matter what market they are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoatMilk
05-26-2009, 05:01 AM
both Nuggets and Magic won't make it

LeBron and/or Kobe will be in the Finals

GspLAL
05-26-2009, 05:59 AM
Wow so off of this it would be Yankees Cubs every year in the world series?? I was going for the under dog Cardinals in the Super Bowls and them being there had no influence on if I watched it with them or the Giants.. I want the two best teams, who cares who ESPN or Nike pumps up, let the two BEST damn teams play for it no matter what market they are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football doesn't need to rig anything to get viewers, people will always watch the Superbowl because it's only one game therefore it's way more intense than a seven game series, if an underdog 8 seed or whatever makes it to the Superbowl that adds more suspense because the "better" team can have an off night so you just cant tell, where in basketball teams have a chance to capitalize and fix their mistakes, and an 8 seed wont make the finals.

td0tsfinest
05-26-2009, 06:34 AM
A lakers vs Cavs matchup would be the best of the nba. I think it would break records in people watching the game. It's like a UFC fight, I know people that don't watch UFC at all but when its Machida vs Evans or GSP vs Penn, (ie big names fighting), you have all the non-die hard fans waching.

I would be watching regardless though.

dandman1021
05-26-2009, 07:16 AM
hey if the nuggets vs the magic happens,if it hapens to be Lakers and Cavs then ill be sxcited as well....either way we should have some good basketball games coming up.

BooCain
05-26-2009, 08:41 AM
I for one hope it be the Magic vs. Nuggets. All you here is Kobe and Lebron, as if the others teams are just happy to there. The officials wont let players guard them two like they guard everybody else. If you play any physical defense on them they will blow the whistle. that's unfair, no man on this earth should special treatment over the next man.

fairandbalanced
05-26-2009, 08:49 AM

I want to witness Denver V. Orlando, why should people like me have to settle for Lakers/Cavs just because they bring in more money? Dude, this ain't Vince Mcmahon's league........the NBA isn't NBE (National basketball entertainment) Trust me, most people are rooting for Denver and Orlando.........we are sick of the Lebron/Kobe hoopla........Stern can award them a pre-season game.

jimbobjarree
05-26-2009, 09:13 AM
to be honest I dont give a ****, as long as the best 2 teams make the finals I will be watching

JayW_1023
05-26-2009, 09:33 AM
The Magic and Nuggets are both high scoring squads with exciting players...what's not to like if both meet in the finals?

DrDEADalready
05-26-2009, 09:40 AM
NBA is rigged!

king4day
05-26-2009, 09:43 AM

Since I could care less about what happens to Sterns wallet, I'll stick with wanting the Magic/Nuggets in the finals. 2 fresh teams going at it for a chance at their first ring and the two superstars below Lebron and Kobe, both reaching the finals would be fantastic.

That should also give hope to fans of teams that aren't elite when the season begins. So the NBA makes more money next year maybe when those teams that "don't have a chance", fans, start buying more tickets.

If anyone actually had Denver or Magic in the ECF or WCF let alone possibly the finals, I'd call you a lier.

king4day
05-26-2009, 09:51 AM
The Magic and Nuggets are both high scoring squads with exciting players...what's not to like if both meet in the finals?

The best part is, no one would have the slightest clue who should be favored.
Both teams would be coming off mega wins in their respective conference finals.

This would create more buzz around the league (regarding what happens with Bron in Cleveland and if the Lakers change their team a bit) then it would if the finals were Cavs/Lakers.

FarOutIos
05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
As far as I'm concerned.... Lakers fans should SHUT THEIR TRAP about foul calls. Not one peep.

Ever since Doug Christie was called for a foul by hitting Kobe's elbow with his face, I think it is evident that the NBA DOES favor the Lakers. Actually, any big market team or team with a big marketable player.

So why would the calls go toward Denver?... Like previous posters said, the games must go to game 7 for the NBA to make more money. Also, it makes the series look closer if they can get the series tied as often as possible.

Obviously, they cannot make the calls TOO blatant, or they will lose faith of all the fans... so sometimes the team they want will NOT win (see Celtics)... But I think the NBA is showing what it is all about $$$$

FarOutIos
05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
nba is rigged!

ye$!

S-Dot
05-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Good basketball is good basketball; true NBA fans will watch regardless. As much as I may want to see LeBron win a ring, it wouldn't be bad to see an unexpected team win it all like the 2004 Pistons did...Denver or Orlando could accomplish this goal. Who cares what David Stern may want? The LeBron/Kobe matchup will happen eventually, but it doesn't have to be this year.

Drunk Kosar 19
05-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Cmon now, in this economy its paramount that it is fixed to be Cavs / Lakers....its meant to be

Hellcrooner
05-26-2009, 10:24 AM
officiating against lakers nto only in this series but the whle playoffs has been constant.

i have already stated that is possible that Stern preffers Melo vs Leborn

1 it makes the league look "clean" as in , see? it was not rigged for lakers-cavs

2 it provides him a new bird-magic thing since both were drafted the same year etc etc

MAC10TIZZY
05-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Since I could care less about what happens to Sterns wallet, I'll stick with wanting the Magic/Nuggets in the finals. 2 fresh teams going at it for a chance at their first ring and the two superstars below Lebron and Kobe, both reaching the finals would be fantastic.

That should also give hope to fans of teams that aren't elite when the season begins. So the NBA makes more money next year maybe when those teams that "don't have a chance", fans, start buying more tickets.

If anyone actually had Denver or Magic in the ECF or WCF let alone possibly the finals, I'd call you a lier.

ughhhh yaaaaaaaaaaa, i definately have had my magic picked to win the whole thing...

OrLMaGiK1
05-26-2009, 10:35 AM
ughhhh yaaaaaaaaaaa, i definately have had my magic picked to win the whole thing...
I definately agree with you Mac. I'm still new to this forum posting and stuff but I've been a die hard Magic fan since 2000 and I watched every game since. Even the season we went 21-61. I still went to games and watched it on TV. To be honest I thought we were going to win it all last year. On paper we have the best players all on one team. And for those of you that think LA will sweep us, think again cause it won't be that easy. I expect us to win a championship this year and next once we get Nelson back.

GHOSTSNIPER
05-26-2009, 10:35 AM

He needs to learn how to shoot and post up if he wants to be like Mike.Should concentrate on catching Kobe for now.

OrLMaGiK1
05-26-2009, 10:41 AM
I agree. It shouldn't matter how big or small a market is. How do you think big markets got big??? They all had to start out just the same. And no one should say Orlando is a small market, I'd say it's about a medium sized market. Our new top of the line Arena will make us a big market as well as the 08-09 Championship Trophy. This year is going to be a sweet 20th year anniversary of our organization

Blah Blah Blah
05-26-2009, 10:49 AM
It will prolly be Lakers vs. Magic at the finals which would still get decent ratings. Even with the bad officiating with a strong bias towards Lebron, the CAVS still find themselves behind in the series...I just don't see them winning this series.