PDA

View Full Version : Is Carlos Boozer Coming to Orlando?

MAC10TIZZY
05-25-2009, 06:17 PM
i cant help but keep noticing the speculations....dwight twittered that he was chillin' will c booz, and then last nite he is in orlando at the game having a blast. i know we are in the playoffs now and absolutely love our team right now, but i wouldn't mind acquiring c booz( especially if turk leaves)....could you imagine the orlando magic looking like this...

jameer nelson/ rafer alston
courtney lee/ jj redick
rashard lewis/mikeal pietrus
carlos boozer/gortat
dwight/battie/foyle

...........what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidd>>>K-Mart
05-25-2009, 06:19 PM
don't get your hopes up

madiaz3
05-25-2009, 06:20 PM
if i were you id be happy with boozer teaching dwight some basic post moves

abe_froman
05-25-2009, 06:21 PM
do they even have the money?

jimbobjarree
05-25-2009, 06:22 PM
haha, he lives in Florida. And he was at some of the Lakers-Rockets games, so you think he's going there too?

I wouldnt mind a Hedo-Booz switch though, if we got something extra and Turk's new contract was a bit cheaper than Booz's, maybe around the 7/8mil. I think that suits both teams.

MAC10TIZZY
05-25-2009, 07:07 PM
haha, he lives in Florida. And he was at some of the Lakers-Rockets games, so you think he's going there too?

I wouldnt mind a Hedo-Booz switch though, if we got something extra and Turk's new contract was a bit cheaper than Booz's, maybe around the 7/8mil. I think that suits both teams.

turk is a beast(most nites) i wouldn't want to trade him, but if he is leaving anyways(only time will tell) i wouldn't mind trading turk/and battie for boozer

ManRam
05-25-2009, 08:22 PM
We have two max players. The cap is set up so teams can't really have more than 2 (Boston does but they did it through amazingly well orchestrated trades). We can't straight up sign him. The only way I see it happening is through a sign-and-trade somehow with Hedo involved. Even so, after we sign him, we'd definitely be over the cap, and still only have 10 players on the roster with no draft picks to help.

Slim-to-none chance it happens.

Financially, it can't happen.

jimbobjarree
05-26-2009, 08:20 AM
I'd take Turk and Gortat for him :D

MagicBucsSox
05-26-2009, 10:59 AM
only max plauer we have is rashard, dwight dont evven make 90 mil nor does nelson, turk/piertus are cheap and lee is a rookie. we got player that are movable. hell d12 n rashard is all we need but if turk leaves we'll need a closer. id rather charlie v than boozer.(cheaper and our style pf)

MagicBucsSox
05-26-2009, 11:59 AM

turk with the best pg and sap? sounds like #2 in the west to me, jazz need a 20ppg perimeter guy and a defensive minded center/ you have the best coach in the game,between pop n sloan

Sandman
05-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Financially, it can't happen.
The contracts would probably match up with Rafer, Battie and Turk..

tbomlad
05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
I'd take Turk and Gortat for him :D

Deal!

tbomlad
05-26-2009, 03:01 PM
The contracts would probably match up with Rafer, Battie and Turk..

Deal!

jimbobjarree
05-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Deal!

I'd do that in a heartbeat mate. Its just getting salaries to match, and getting everyone to sign new contracts.

I thought Hedo wanted to stay with you guys anyway, which makes the deal harder. And the fact your team could be said as the best in the league even without Jameer playing, why would you want to break that up?

ManRam
05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
only max plauer we have is rashard, dwight dont evven make 90 mil nor does nelson, turk/piertus are cheap and lee is a rookie. we got player that are movable. hell d12 n rashard is all we need but if turk leaves we'll need a closer. id rather charlie v than boozer.(cheaper and our style pf)

Dwight is getting the max. The maximum per year for someone in the league 0-6 years is 25% of the cap. Dwight is making $13,758,000 this year, and will make that much until it's his 7th year (30% of the cap)...and it keeps going up until it reaches 19.3M in 2012/2013. Dwight and Shard are both max players. Next year they will be making up about 55% of our cap. If Hedo opts out, our total salaries will be about 62M. If he doesn't, it will be 70M. The salary cap will be around 60M-62M next year.

Howard and Shard make 34M alone. Like I said, currently we are at 62M or 70M depending on whether or not Hedo opts out. If he does opt out, we have 9 players on our team. If he doesn't we have 10.

We can't afford Boozer. No matter how you spin it. We have two max players, and too many spots to fill...and no draft picks to help out.

macc
05-26-2009, 04:22 PM
I just sent Boozer a text message telling him we are looking to hire. He replied and said "oh ya, how much you pay" I replied and said "a little above min wage" he texted back and said "I'm good, good luck to you next year"

Guess that's your answere.

ManRam
05-26-2009, 04:30 PM
I just sent Boozer a text message telling him we are looking to hire. He replied and said "oh ya, how much you pay" I replied and said "a little above min wage" he texted back and said "I'm good, good luck to you next year"

Guess that's your answere.

That is how it will go down. He'll be opting out of a $12.7 contract. He's going to want the max. Bottom line is, we can't afford the max to anyone else. We can't even afford half of what he'll demand. I don't even know if it will be possible to do a sign-and-trade with Hedo. I feel like it isn't possible.

jimbobjarree
05-26-2009, 04:41 PM
if you traded gortat and hedo for him, and signed him for around 12 mil putting you at roughly 75/76mil...then you lose alston, Battie and Johnson's combined 13mil in 2010, you could afford Booz :shrug:

Sandman
05-26-2009, 04:42 PM
A long term deal for Boozer is definitely out of the question, but we could finegle it for a few seasons.

ManRam
05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
if you traded gortat and hedo for him, and signed him for around 12 mil putting you at roughly 75/76mil...then you lose alston, Battie and Johnson's combined 13mil in 2010, you could afford Booz :shrug:

Then we have like 7 guys on our roster.

Shard, Howard, Pietrus, Nelson, Boozer, Lee, Redick....who else??? We'd be over the cap after next year, and have half a roster. That's a scary thought.

Plus, Boozer isn't going to opt out this year to take less money. (12 million is less than what he would make in Denver if he doesn't opt out). He'll want the max...and he'll get it.

macc
05-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I would like Charlie V as stated somewhere above me. He doesn't get much attention playing on the Bucks but the guy is extremly talented. He could post up and has a good mid range Jump shot. If I remember right he's a free agent next season.

cheech309
05-26-2009, 06:01 PM
gortat will be startin somewhere next year...after what he has shown with us this year, he is gonna cash in next year somewhere else

Sandman
05-26-2009, 06:07 PM
gortat will be startin somewhere next year...after what he has shown with us this year, he is gonna cash in next year somewhere else

I really hope we can pick up a player for him in a trade. The Magic' roster is so landlocked. No draft picks, no MLE. No movable contracts really. I mean you've got Pietrus, Rafer and Battie who all make about 5-6 each but who knows what they'll do with expiring contracts.

*Superman*
05-26-2009, 06:10 PM

Start? I dont think so, leaving is possible since we still have to resign Turk.

As for the Boozer thing, i was surprised to see him at the game. I just thought him and D-Wade were gonna meet up after the game.;)

EX-TREME
05-27-2009, 09:07 AM
i would rather have a cheap big who plays D and hustles and come off the bench. i wnat to resign hedo and gortat. carlos is not a good defender and he is to expensive. plus i don't want to ruin what we have right now.