PDA

View Full Version : magic getting screwed

mattdaphat21
05-25-2009, 01:00 PM
is it me or is every single time janes has the ball its a foul..i feel dwight didnt have one real foul yesterday..u are allowed to stay stragiht up i mean james runs into him like a bull while howard stands straight and its a foul on howard. and wallace flopping like howard pushed him in the back..the nba should be able to review things after games and there should be penalties when something is that bad.. and the nba is alittle ridiculous with everything..every other commericail is lebron and kobe..i no it will make the most money but its so clear that nba wants them in it to make money and i think its bull crap

MJL
05-25-2009, 02:29 PM
I agree!
That was as clean as a block can be, I just don't know what the Refs are doing. Luckly no one talk about it since it didn't changed the result of the game, otherwise...
It remind me that in Lakers vs. Nuggets at end of game one, Billups heel was out of bounds before he made the three, but...no call, since it didn't change the result of the game, no one drill it on the Refs...
When will NBA set up a accountability system for Refs???

MAC10TIZZY
05-25-2009, 06:06 PM
this urks me cause it is sooo true....i honestly feel like the nba got busted...we as fans caught what they were trying to do and now the cavs will have to actually work for spot in the finals(not just get handed to them, like the previous 8 games) GO MAGIC!!!

magichatnumber9
05-25-2009, 06:57 PM
David Stern is a criminal and an investigation followed by his resignation should follow. This man is a crook and even though the magic won he should be forced to refund everyones playoff tickets. I am not fan of Orlando, I just call em as I see em.

prodigy
05-26-2009, 09:10 AM
magic 51FT

cavs 35.

Refs were helping someone and it was not the cavs. nuff said.

macc
05-26-2009, 12:18 PM
magic 51FT

cavs 35.

Refs were helping someone and it was not the cavs. nuff said.

Ya but that was Clevlands game plan. They weren't going to let Howard gets easy dunks so they fouled him. So obviously you will see a huge difference there.

I'm not big on ref conspiracy theories but my boy is talking about calls like the 3 pt foul on James when Howard gave him a clean block (reply showed that) but yet they gave James 3 free throws at a crucial point of the game. Or when Mo Williams threw the ball directly at Howard right in front of the ref and no tech was called. Or the countless shouldabeen charges on James when he lowers his shoulder and barreled into MP when he clearly had his feet set.

Or the fact that Howard got called and many tick tack fouls which kept him down to only 10 min in the first half and eventually fouled out. I thought refs were supposed to let people play a little more in the playoffs...

Or the fact that somhow Avery Johnson got called for a Flagerant foul and yet got fouled on the same move, to me that just made no sense at all. Mo catches an elbow while on defense while AJ is going up strong and AJ gets a flagarant.

All in all people are just upset because there is no consistancy in the calls during this series that's why these conspiracies come up.

So when you quote somone on this topic look at more then just the box score because that sheet isn't going to give you the entire story. Savy

prodigy
05-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Ya but that was Clevlands game plan. They weren't going to let Howard gets easy dunks so they fouled him. So obviously you will see a huge difference there.

Ya, There's no way he will go for 14-19 at the line again.

I'm not big on ref conspiracy theories but my boy is talking about calls like the 3 pt foul on James when Howard gave him a clean block (reply showed that) but yet they gave James 3 free throws at a crucial point of the game. Or when Mo Williams threw the ball directly at Howard right in front of the ref and no tech was called. Or the countless shouldabeen charges on James when he lowers his shoulder and barreled into MP when he clearly had his feet set.

The ref had a bad angle and saw body contact. Who cares it did nothing. It was not a crucial time, u guys were up by like 8 and secs left.

Howard hit mo on the head for NO REASON AFTER THE WHISTLE WAS BLOWN, should have been a tech on howard, and one on mo. off-set who cares.

Howard does the shoulder thing every single time. Every player does. Players do it to AV and Z when the player runs around picks. Yet Z and AV gets a foul everytime.

Or the fact that Howard got called and many tick tack fouls which kept him down to only 10 min in the first half and eventually fouled out. I thought refs were supposed to let people play a little more in the playoffs...

Z and AV both had 6 fouls and west had 5. williams had 4. So all those were hard good fouls? tick tack fouls go both ways don't be a homer.

Or the fact that somhow Avery Johnson got called for a Flagerant foul and yet got fouled on the same move, to me that just made no sense at all. Mo catches an elbow while on defense while AJ is going up strong and AJ gets a flagarant.

He threw his elbow into mo on purpose, He did it in game 2 when they both went into the stands. This time he got caught. This is not hockey, its baskerball, elbows should not be used as weapons.

All in all people are just upset because there is no consistancy in the calls during this series that's why these conspiracies come up.

100% agree. 51 to 35 is pretty bad. They need to call the same fouls both ways.

So when you quote somone on this topic look at more then just the box score because that sheet isn't going to give you the entire story. Savy

I look at the game. I got sick of seeing the magic at the line everytime. it was getting stupid. Let them play, these are grown men. Or call it both ways.

mattdaphat21
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
the only reason magic go to the line is because mike brown is a horrible coach and his plan is foul howard everytime. It pretty bad when ur plan is to "hope" someone misses free throws. I dont care if he won coach of the year its casue he has James i could be coach of year. James should average 40 easy during regular season and the ball should be pushed every time..anyways james runs through people everytime. It like he has the nba by the balls and there scared to call fouls on him..i dont care if magic shoot more free throws its cause there intention is to foul on purpose all the time

tugboat424
05-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Ya, There's no way he will go for 14-19 at the line again.

The ref had a bad angle and saw body contact. Who cares it did nothing. It was not a crucial time, u guys were up by like 8 and secs left.

Howard hit mo on the head for NO REASON AFTER THE WHISTLE WAS BLOWN, should have been a tech on howard, and one on mo. off-set who cares.

Howard does the shoulder thing every single time. Every player does. Players do it to AV and Z when the player runs around picks. Yet Z and AV gets a foul everytime.

Z and AV both had 6 fouls and west had 5. williams had 4. So all those were hard good fouls? tick tack fouls go both ways don't be a homer.

He threw his elbow into mo on purpose, He did it in game 2 when they both went into the stands. This time he got caught. This is not hockey, its baskerball, elbows should not be used as weapons.

100% agree. 51 to 35 is pretty bad. They need to call the same fouls both ways.

I look at the game. I got sick of seeing the magic at the line everytime. it was getting stupid. Let them play, these are grown men. Or call it both ways.

So It's ok for Mo to keep continuing on like he was shooting, but Howard can't continue to play? He was going for a block and Mo was going to shoot. They were both playing and it was incidental contact - would've been a foul if the whistle hadn't been blown. Mo could've stopped but he kept going for a layup so Howard was gonna keep playing D.

To be fair and not show my bias, they could call Howard for a moving screen just about every time he sets one. That worries me - he really needs to set himself or they need to start calling it.

That was completely Mo's fault they went into the stands - he practically threw him from my POV

rapjuicer06
05-27-2009, 02:51 PM
lets just put it this way....james is unguardable. you step in front to take a charge while james is running like a fullback, head down can't see whats going on, and its a blocking foul. block his shot, you hit him on the wrist, he throws a bad pass, illegal defense, steal the ball from him, its a hack. can't guard him....he's God's gift the the NBA

Padres Son
05-27-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm not a fan of either team, so I think I can fairly say that both teams are getting screwed. The officiating during these playoffs has been so incredibly bad. I mean really, really, really, atrociously bad.

Fans of every team think they're getting screwed because the fouls are inconsistent, techincal fouls are given out like beads at Mardi Gras, and the rules about flagrant fouls don't make any damn sense.

MJL
05-27-2009, 08:25 PM
lets just put it this way....james is unguardable. you step in front to take a charge while james is running like a fullback, head down can't see whats going on, and its a blocking foul. block his shot, you hit him on the wrist, he throws a bad pass, illegal defense, steal the ball from him, its a hack. can't guard him....he's God's gift the the NBA

If U didn't watched the game and watched ESPN highlight without sound, U might think Cavs won game 4. All u see is highlight of LBJ, dunks, cut and layups, falling 3 pointers. They didn't even show Howard's three dunks in OT.
Next day all ESPN talked about "How could LBJ bring the Cavs back and win the series, no one talked about the Cavs should been sweeped by Magic aleady...I am amazing how bias the sports media is...don't even talked about those foul or non-foul call...
LBJ missed 5 free throws at the end of game 3, no one mention that he chocked. ESPN didn't replay the phamtom foul call on Howard's clean block on LBJ and rewarded LBJ 3 free throws. How about LBJ's elbow in game 4? Suspension, day dreaming, no one even dare to talk about it. I to could go on for ever...