PDA

View Full Version : Id rather Play Cavs than Orlando

MrThrowBack23
05-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I think we match-up better aganist the cavs then we do aganist the magic. Thats if we even make it to the finals. Orlando spreads the floor and when denver spread the floor we had a tougher time guarding them. Our bigs pick up fouls quickly when the floor is spread. Also the fact we havent beaten Orlando at all this season. Either way its gon b a great finals if we make it there.

Brooke
05-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Orlando is a good team and I think they would be tough BUT Jameer Nelson did a lot damage against the Lakers. They have Dwight who is another monster but I trust Kobe. If the Lakers make it to the Finals and play the Magic, the Lakers would have homecourt

QUICKTRADE
05-25-2009, 01:05 PM
i love playing the magic because its easier to cover howad with bynum and no one will man KB if we are lucky enough to win the series against the nuggets

THEGREAT28
05-25-2009, 01:21 PM
1st off, the Lakers aren't scared of anyone! Orlando does cause matchup problems. He-DO Turkalu at 6'10" mostly handles the ball and acts as guard and is a deadly shooter from beyond the 3 pt line, but also love to penetrate putting presure on the defense while looking to lob the rock to Dwight Howard or dishing it to a spot up shooter on the perimeter, usually Rashard Lewis.
Cavs or Magic should fear Kobe and the Lakers rather than vice versa.
Who wants some of the "Black Mamba"?

Fear_GAS_OLDier
05-25-2009, 01:25 PM
i agree magic are going to beat the cavs...so far this postseason i am 100% in my bracket and i picked orlando and la in the finals, course if this happens i can go to the orlando games...here's to 100% i just hope we can beat orlando so i can see la win the 'ship in a sweep :)

Raidaz4Life
05-25-2009, 01:26 PM
I actually think we are the underdogs against both of those teams. I would rather play Cleveland though

Hellcrooner
05-25-2009, 01:36 PM
i dont, maybe we match up worse but at least they wont have the rigged officiating to hand Lebron a ring and all the ******** calls.

and well, If we face cavs the key woudl be gasol vs ilgauskas, so as i dont see kobe taking a back seat to pau and allowing him to be mvp of the finals because of match ups and he would go on a face to face thing with lebron that would lead us nowhere i preffr to play orlando where they DONT have ANYONE capable of stoping kobe so he can go on a scoring spree and im the hero thing and wing us the ring smoothly

kb24ap28
05-25-2009, 01:47 PM
i dont, maybe we match up worse but at least they wont have the rigged officiating to hand Lebron a ring and all the ******** calls.

and well, If we face cavs the key woudl be gasol vs ilgauskas, so as i dont see kobe taking a back seat to pau and allowing him to be mvp of the finals because of match ups and he would go on a face to face thing with lebron that would lead us nowhere i preffr to play orlando where they DONT have ANYONE capable of stoping kobe so he can go on a scoring spree and im the hero thing and wing us the ring smoothly

i was going to say the same thing. +1

QUICKTRADE
05-25-2009, 01:56 PM
somebody should remind stern and his zebras that people watching the game are not stupid that they cant see that some of the calls are bogus and favoring somebody. At least they should call fair and square whoevers court they are playing.

COBY KARL
05-25-2009, 01:59 PM
It's possible that Jameer Nelson could return back to the starting lineup if the Magic do make it to the Finals.

tr4shb0t
05-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Yea we would match up way better than Cavs and it would be an easy win, but I would rather lose to a good team like the Magic, then get rigged by the refs so Lebron can "get" a ring. Besides, a challenging finals will be more entertaining.

Lakers211221
05-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I can understand why you would want to play Orlando since they do pose matchup problems, but that being said...if Cleveland loses, we get homecourt and Lebron gets a lot of fouls called that aren't fouls because he is the "promise child" or something and I'd rather play Orlando because I'm going to want to kill the refs if I see that crap against LA....plus, Im growing tired of the Lebron/Kobe debate...if Kobe makes it to the finals and Lebron doesn't, it ends at least for this year! Next year, Kobes puppet can look for his 4 championship rings!

Rocco007
05-25-2009, 03:01 PM
I actually think we are the underdogs against both of those teams. I would rather play Cleveland though

If we wrap Denver up in 5 or 6..and Clev goes 7..I think worst case, its a tossup against either team...Now if Orl takes them out in 5..Orl may have a slight edge on the odds..Especially since they swept us this year..

I would like to meet Clev for Kobe's sake..But Orl can be beat..Neither team scare me..I think Denver in many ways, is a tougher defensive version of Orlando...You take DHoward away from their frontline and their kinda soft..

jayo2k4
05-25-2009, 04:07 PM
We are 2-0 against the Cavs & 0-2 against the magic, i think the equation is very easy on this one

jdonald2
05-25-2009, 04:24 PM
It doesn't matter who we play, just as long as we get there, to play. We beat the Cavs this season and lost to Orlando, because of Jameer' shooting in the closing quarters, we should have learned a valuable lesson from last year.....we coasted in and Boston was taken to a couple of game 7's.

Ths year it's reversed the Cavs coasted to this point and we are in a few close games...these are the types of series that should pay off when the games are close, so to me we match up with either team, just bring home the Larry O'Brien trophy baby.

dsonLAL24
05-25-2009, 04:33 PM
i think the Lakers can handle the Jameer-less Magic. We also have size to match up Dwight.

DECYPEL
05-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Orlando is a good team and I think they would be tough BUT Jameer Nelson did a lot damage against the Lakers. They have Dwight who is another monster but I trust Kobe. If the Lakers make it to the Finals and play the Magic, the Lakers would have homecourt

Exactly in both games Jameer Nelson kept them in game. A sign early that Fish defensively against good pg's was a liability.

_Sn1P3r_
05-25-2009, 04:59 PM
They swept us because of Jameer, as pointed out. But Alston is less of an offensive threat as he doesn't look to dominate like Jameer does. Bynum will have to body up Howard down low and not back down. Also, Pau might have a bad match-up defensively on Lewis in the perimeter (like Varejao right now having trouble with him), but Pau should make it up on offense. Ariza can guard Hedo, I trust, and Kobe should be able to take Lee on defense and offense. Lee is a good defensive player and guards LeBron alright at times, but Kobe has more offensive tools.

NotVeryOriginal
05-25-2009, 05:12 PM

i was going to say the same thing. +1

plus tooski (http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/I_killed_emo/PlusJuan.jpg?t=1243285907)

BlackMambaKB24
05-25-2009, 05:29 PM
i would rather play cleveland too. Orlando causes major matchup problems for us. Bynum or Pau cannot guard Dwight Howard, and even their backup Gortat is a decent servicable big. Also we wouldnt be able to throw it in to Pau and let him go to work so much against Dwight (defensive player of the year) so i give the inside edge to Orlando. At the point Rafer Alston is small and quick and would probably run circles around DFish, so unless Farmar and Shannon get more minutes i give that edge to Orlando as well. At shooting guard theres no comparison of course. At the 3 Ariza can guard Turkoglu but Hedo is bigger so he would probably try to post up more. The real problem is at the 4 because Rashard Lewis plays like a guard and Pau would not be able to guard him out there. Pau and Lamar will have to make him pay on defense though

KB24PG16
05-25-2009, 05:33 PM
i dont really care because they dont both of them dont have a player that can guard kobe

Penetra8r
05-25-2009, 05:52 PM
After we take care of the Nuggets, then it doesnt matter who we play. I'd love homecourt advantage though...

ggg
05-25-2009, 07:50 PM
cavs will be easy. i want orlando.

lakersincebirth
05-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Where "i want the cavs and David Stern will make sure this happens" happens.:D

RoyalG333
05-25-2009, 08:59 PM

good insight. Jameer Nelson was able to penetrate and dish much like Aaron Brooks was able to in the Houston series. Alston is not as speedy as Nelson and although he can hit the outside shot, he won't be as big of a threat with penetration. The big thing is for a guy like Drew to step and match Howards intensity. I would love to see this line up if we match up with Orlando

Farmar
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum