PDA

View Full Version : Should Devils let Sutter walk?

cynomatic
05-25-2009, 11:28 AM
According to the New York Post, Devils head coach Brent Sutter's head isn't into coaching the club and GM Lou Lamoriello should let him out of his contract.
Sutter, who is back home in Red Deer, Alberta and pondering his future, has one-year remaining on his contract.

The Post suggests the Devils should relieve Sutter of his duties so he can take on a job closer to home, possibly even with the Calgary Flames who fired Mike Keenan on Friday.

If Sutter doesn't return behind the bench next season, the team could pursue the likes of former Carolina Hurricanes coach Peter Laviolette, whom the Montreal Canadiens are eyeing, former Habs coach Guy Carbonneau, and San Jose Sharks assistant coach Todd Richards.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/njd090524.html

bryman
05-25-2009, 01:12 PM
he should go hes crying about how he misses home and his family and i understand that anyways lou has to get a coach that wants to coach the devils for the longterm

Train64
05-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Well until Brent does make it official and announce he will honor his deal with the Devils,you have to assume he is staying.But if for whatever reason, he does leave,one guy who does intrigue me is Peter Laviolette.He is more O-minded,and might help Parise become our Crosby/Ovechkin type star,and would help Lou regenerate our way of thinking towards the future...He has won a Cup already with another team,so we know we would be getting a guy who with the right mix,can get it done!

JetsYanksDevils
05-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Well it doesnt matter if he stays or goes we win with a new coach alot and hell lamoriello can be coach alot idc as long as parises on this team well be contenders regardless of the coach

GiantsSBrepeat
05-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Dont sign Lemaire or any other trapping coach and i will be happy. Sutter pisses me off at times with his distribution of playing time anyway. However, i would not let him go without getting compensation in return.

Yankees73
05-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Get him the Hell no out of Jersey. He is too soft, not Jersey material! Bring back Lemaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

friarfan07
05-28-2009, 04:58 PM
^ lol, that would be awesome.

i liked what sut did with us in the regular season, but in the playoffs, the wheels fell off against a good carolina team that exposed us.

i like our recent coaches (robinson, burns, lou himself lol, and sutter), so i have no doubt lou will find a suitable replacement if sutter is indeed done coaching here.

not sure why he'd be hesitant to return. he has largely the same team that just won 50 games and the division. plus, with the tragic way we were eliminated (2 ****ing goals in the last minute of a game 7 at home), you'd think he'd feel unsatisfied and bent on getting there again and not blowing it. if he doesn't feel that way, i don't want him here. any coach should have been disgusted with how the season ended for us. i felt like we had a legit shot at the cup this year.

GiantsSBrepeat
05-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Get him the Hell no out of Jersey. He is too soft, not Jersey material! Bring back Lemaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea that's smart, destroy everything this team has worked towards the past two seasons. :mad:

Jersey Mike
06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I am so sick and tired of coaches and pro athletes signing big contracts and then after a few seasons they find that it doesn't suit them...isn't that the point of the contract, whether you find you are worth more or miss your family or whatever...you signed a g'damn contract...maybe the next team he signs with should give sutter a friggin' map so he can figure out if he's gonna be homesick like a little baby...think of the poor guys and girls in the armed forces that sign up, go far from home, miss their families, live under miserable conditions, doing things that they don't love doing and they do it for a whole lot less than brent sutter...guy coaches a sport that he loves for an nhl contender with a couple of HOF'ers on the roster for big bucks and he's whining like a chick...move on sutter...

BUT he should have to pay a fine or fee to the devils for voiding a contract!!!

JetsYanksDevils
06-08-2009, 03:26 PM
^^^^^^^^agreed i hate in all sports where some1 signs a contract and wants out or wants more money..a contract is a contract u should go for as long as the contract says