PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Officiating

LakerfaninKY
05-25-2009, 08:56 AM
I do not normally like to complain about officiating, but what we have seen in the playoffs so far has been atrocious. I am not saying it has been biased for or against any particular team, just that it has been woefully inconsistent and at times ridiculous. Mr. Stern needs to take a serious look at either the individual officials or at what they are being mandated to call. I have watched NBA basketball for over 20 years now, and this is the worst officiating I have ever seen. Cases in point (off the top of my head):

Flagrant (seriously?) against Anthony Johnson for an inadvertant elbow to Mo Williams
The 2 ridiculous ejections of Ron Artest in the Lakers/Houston series
The no-call flagrant of Rondo to the head of Brad Miller in the Bulls/Celtics series
Kobe shoved forcefully in the back with 2 hands by Denver's Dahntay Jones while in mid-air - not even a technical foul?

These to me have been the worst offenders, but this does not even bring into account that the way games are officiated has been changing from quarter to quarter in the same game, leaving the players scratching their heads. I realize officials are human, but how about some consistency? Anyone else feel the same?

Becks2307
05-25-2009, 08:59 AM
I agree. i usually hate people who consistently complain about the refs but that 'foul' on Dwight Howard was eye-opening. Its just been horrific.

Rocco007
05-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Awwwful....I can't watch another Cav-Orl gm..Shades of 06DWade..Lebron gets every call..Borderline or non existant..and fouls no one...He charges and pushes off more than anyone in the league..and the defensive player of the year(DHoward), gets no respect..
In the LA-Den series..They're very inconsistant..Touch fouls and then Kobe gets mauled and no whistle...I hope we don't have another finals like Miami vs Dall in 2006..

BTownTeamsRKing
05-25-2009, 09:06 AM
The worst rule the NBA has is this 7 technicals and then suspension. This is going to come into play. just wait.

Howard and Kobe each have 5.

Kakaroach
05-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Move this to the Official Playoffs Complaining Thread. Look at the stickies please.

But yea, those technicals should really be scaring Laker and Magic fans. Just 2 more and we practically have 1 1/2 series still left.

theimortalone
05-25-2009, 09:21 AM
I do not normally like to complain about officiating, but what we have seen in the playoffs so far has been atrocious. I am not saying it has been biased for or against any particular team, just that it has been woefully inconsistent and at times ridiculous. Mr. Stern needs to take a serious look at either the individual officials or at what they are being mandated to call. I have watched NBA basketball for over 20 years now, and this is the worst officiating I have ever seen. Cases in point (off the top of my head):

Flagrant (seriously?) against Anthony Johnson for an inadvertant elbow to Mo Williams
The 2 ridiculous ejections of Ron Artest in the Lakers/Houston series
The no-call flagrant of Rondo to the head of Brad Miller in the Bulls/Celtics series
Kobe shoved forcefully in the back with 2 hands by Denver's Dahntay Jones while in mid-air - not even a technical foul?

These to me have been the worst offenders, but this does not even bring into account that the way games are officiated has been changing from quarter to quarter in the same game, leaving the players scratching their heads. I realize officials are human, but how about some consistency? Anyone else feel the same?

Dude.... There is a thread for this!

Master Mind
05-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Awwwful....I can't watch another Cav-Orl gm..Shades of 06DWade..Lebron gets every call..Borderline or non existant..and fouls no one...He charges and pushes off more than anyone in the league..and the defensive player of the year(DHoward), gets no respect..
In the LA-Den series..They're very inconsistant..Touch fouls and then Kobe gets mauled and no whistle...I hope we don't have another finals like Miami vs Dall in 2006..

Got Hate? :eyebrow:

Raidaz4Life
05-25-2009, 12:44 PM
I agree I was watching the Cavs vs Magic game last night and couldn't believe how ridiculous the calls were for Lebron. I mean if you step within 2 feet of the guy and its a foul. Not to mention the inconsistency of the flagrants and technicals... I don't remember the last time the officiating was so awful throughout the entire playoffs. But I can't say the officiating has never been worse because it was 10000x worse in the finals last year.

ink
05-25-2009, 12:53 PM
dude.... There is a thread for this!

+1