PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith on ESPN News Guarantees Nuggets will be in the finals!

Gibby23
05-24-2009, 03:34 PM
He was talking about how all you see is Kobe and Lebron. Said he guarantees Nuggets will be in the Finals, and then tried to retract a bit. What do you guys think about his statement?

If you didn't see it they usually replay it every half hour.

Vinny642
05-24-2009, 03:36 PM
:pity: OMG
Now he better start making shots.

bahama0811
05-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Oh great, just more for Laker fans to complain about

MickeyMgl
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
JR Smith is a knucklehead. That "3" to end the 3d quarter followed by a taunting technical that gave back a point was classic Nuggets basketball.

S.J.Basketball
05-24-2009, 03:46 PM
HAHAHA! Why are all these 2nd and 3rd fiddle players talking and predicting crap? Mo will and JR Smith???

You don't see Lebron, Melo, Dwight, or Kobe saying anything like this.

JR Smith just became the Joe Namath of basketball. That is if he can make his prediction come true. If not...well, he looks like a fool.

AllTheWay
05-24-2009, 03:47 PM
^^^

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nuggets-fyi24-2009may24,0,3891923.story

Blah Blah Blah
05-24-2009, 03:47 PM
WOW!!! Can't believe he would gurantee such a thing especially down 2-1 and gave HC rite back to the Lakers. Plus he is shooting like ****. He has to keep his mouth shut and start making shots cuz I do not see Kobe letting the Lakers blow this series. I would not be suprised if the Lakers win in Denver tomorrow nite. Just added motivation.

Kakaroach
05-24-2009, 03:48 PM
HAHAHHAHAH Why doesn't he knock down some shots first? And try to control emotions? And not take 30 footers?

AllTheWay
05-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Chalk this up as a game 4 win in Denver :)

Seriously though, JR needs to keep his mouth shut, he's a moron. He literally had an orgasm after making two shots yesterday. What a tool.

Gibby23
05-24-2009, 03:51 PM
It's on again right now.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2009, 04:06 PM
why??? Why on earth would you want to awake a sleeping giant, when you could just sneak under and take the series. STFU Denver. Please. For all of our sakes, the majority that do not want the Lakers moving on, and motivated.
If I were Smith, and Kobe was already killing us by only going thru stretches of dominance, why would I tick him off? I just don't get Denver's players.

Hellcrooner
05-24-2009, 04:13 PM
they better take game 4 then.....

Squad13
05-24-2009, 04:16 PM
LMAO the guy takes awful shots and missed most of them, and starts running his mouth? Besides Melo and Billups the Nuggs seem to be a bunch of tattooed douches.

Kakaroach
05-24-2009, 04:17 PM
why??? Why on earth would you want to awake a sleeping giant, when you could just sneak under and take the series. STFU Denver. Please. For all of our sakes, the majority that do not want the Lakers moving on, and motivated.
If I were Smith, and Kobe was already killing us by only going thru stretches of dominance, why would I tick him off? I just don't get Denver's players. x2 He and Kenyon Martin should stop talking. Its just hurting your image and making you seem like idiots. :rolleyes:

KB24PG16
05-24-2009, 04:46 PM
what a dumbass does he want kobe to drop another 3 on his ***

Squad13
05-24-2009, 04:47 PM
what a dumbass does he want kobe to drop another 40 on his ***

Fixed :P

showtym24
05-24-2009, 04:49 PM
He's an idiot who cares.

Jahari Kavi
05-24-2009, 05:00 PM
i honestly don't know why people get mad at players for making bold predictions...it happens all the damn time....it's apart of the game.

BenFrank
05-24-2009, 05:06 PM
I like J.R., but he's way in over his head on this one.. he should let his game speak for himself, motivatin Kobe is not gonna make this series ne easier

dawkinit
05-24-2009, 05:08 PM
If Kobe, LBJ, Howard, or Melo said something like this then its a big deal. its a good thing for the nuggets no one really gives a **** what JR or Kmart has to say. i dont think itll boost the lakers game one bit, i cant seem them caring.

Jays Claw
05-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Kenyon Martin, J.R Smith and Mo Williams are all tools.

This is why players have tendencies to play like beasts.

I won't be suprised to see Kobe drop 40 points on them and Dwight just breaks the rim again.

Trouble87
05-24-2009, 05:18 PM
All this is going to do is motivate the Lakers and give Phil Jackson something to push his team with

If the Nuggets lose this series I blame K-Mart & JR Smith

shas
05-24-2009, 05:22 PM
denver is full of street junkies: anderson, k-mart, and smith.

Fool
05-24-2009, 05:23 PM

oh great, more idiots on the nuggets running their mouth.

tr4shb0t
05-24-2009, 05:23 PM
JR Smith is a knucklehead. That "3" to end the 3d quarter followed by a taunting technical that gave back a point was classic Nuggets basketball.

Haha, yea that reminded me of Nuggets before Billups arrived. JR Smith is pretty much to blame for their game 3 loss. Shooting 2 of 10 from 3 I think...way too many bad shots.

GHOSTSNIPER
05-24-2009, 05:38 PM
McNuggets and fries anyone?

JDizzle
05-24-2009, 05:41 PM
obiviously k-mart is rubbing off on jr smith... how not to shut your mouth and play 101

lakerboy
05-24-2009, 06:03 PM
I think this is great for the Lakers. They will even have more motivation right now.

But seriously how stupid can some role players be? Not even the superstars make bold predictions like this,.

floyd!!
05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
that idiot on espn was trying to get him to say "guarentee" but he didnt.

Greaser1
05-24-2009, 06:20 PM
obiviously k-mart is rubbing off on jr smith... how not to shut your mouth and play 101

EEEEEWWWW i Bet he is...:D

KB24PG16
05-24-2009, 06:24 PM

your sig says be humble. how is k mart and smith being humble right now. the nuggets arent humble at all.

rapswin98
05-24-2009, 06:46 PM
jr is just mad cause kobe hit a crucial 3 over his *** yesterday, its ok jr.

bahama0811
05-24-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm not trying to be rude and that wasn't great of me to say but Laker fans always take the smallest things and turn them into something huge. I mean if someone says anything about the Lakers everyone goes off on them. What is JR supposed to say? I know you all want him to say the Lakers will win in 5 but that's not gonna happen. Just get over it. Let your players do the talking.

plpfctn
05-24-2009, 06:57 PM
JR Smith is on crack. no seriously, i think he's on crack.

rapswin98
05-24-2009, 07:01 PM
JR Smith is on crack. no seriously, i think he's on crack.no i think he justbelieves in his team. i jus dont like him, k mart and especailly dontay jones after the intentional push on kobe he started clapping.

M's Fan2411
05-24-2009, 07:18 PM
He better have a big game 4 then!

Eagles4Lyfe
05-24-2009, 07:21 PM
lol all these guys basking in other players lights. Mo williams feels with lebron James he can say whatever because lebron will just help him with his prediction and same with Jr Smith he plays defence on Kobe stopped him on a few possessions and suddenly feels big, but i don't think this will affect lakers in anyway at all.. Seriously lakers are not playing how they played last years in the playoffs, there seriously taking it easy right now and 4th quarter they try stepping it up, no lies there playing with fire and i think they should stop messing around and just finish teams of as quick as they can and get the rest they need and beat the magic in the final already...

Kakaroach
05-24-2009, 08:08 PM
JR Smith is on crack. no seriously, i think he's on crack. x2 And who would be surprised?

OG "Dee" LOCc
05-24-2009, 08:39 PM
If I were Smith, and Kobe was already killing us by only going thru stretches of dominance, why would I tick him off? I just don't get Denver's players.

LMFAO @ "the sleeping giant"

kblo247
05-24-2009, 08:50 PM
I thought he learned about running his mouth in game 2 of the first round last year when Kobe destroyed him.

Raidaz4Life
05-24-2009, 08:56 PM
There is a difference between confidence and stupidity.... you can guess which one Smith falls under.

USMCLaker
05-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe he will be in the finals it's my understanding that anyone can buy a ticket.

kblo247
05-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Maybe he will be in the finals it's my understanding that anyone can buy a ticket.

He has enough money to rent a skybox and bring Martin with him

montazingmvp
05-24-2009, 09:31 PM
jr smith should worry about his game...imo he is the reason the nuggetts aren't winning this series right now...he has contributed absolutely nothing on offense...what is he in this series 5-40 or something...dude needs to hit the gym and get his shot together rather than running his mouth...

USMCLaker
05-24-2009, 09:31 PM
He has enough money to rent a skybox and bring Martin with him

I know, all these other Laker fans are pretty offensive to think that he can't go to the finals. He can go to the finals as well as Melo or any other Denver Nugget they all can afford it.

gauth25
05-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Better get ready J.R. because the Lakers will come out flying and there is nothing you can do.

superkegger
05-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm not trying to be rude and that wasn't great of me to say but Laker fans always take the smallest things and turn them into something huge. I mean if someone says anything about the Lakers everyone goes off on them. What is JR supposed to say? I know you all want him to say the Lakers will win in 5 but that's not gonna happen. Just get over it. Let your players do the talking.

He should say nothing. I'm not expecting him to say the Lakers are going to win, I'm expecting him to say after a game 3 loss to say, "We need to execute better, and not play with our emotion out of control."

Not "We're going to the NBA finals, I guarantee it." Or whatever it is he said exactly. I'm fine with confidence in yourself and your team. But to be honest, its a dumb statement to make. One of the bigger criticisms of the Lakers is their motivation and effort, why give them any fodder to help motivate them? It's just not a smart thing to do.

MickeyMgl
05-24-2009, 10:07 PM
what a dumbass does he want kobe to drop another 3 on his ***

He apparently didn't learn his lesson from last year. He just can't control his mouth.

Kabowdos
05-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Just another role player in a professional sport guaranteeing a win over another. Most of the time the team with the guy making the guarantees loses. I don't know why these guys do this. Remember the guy saying his team was going to beat the Bengals and Tom Brady threw like four TDs on him. Stupid and immature comments. I don't know why this happens.

Kakaroach
05-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Just another role player in a professional sport guaranteeing a win over another. Most of the time the team with the guy making the guarantees loses. I don't know why these guys do this. Remember the guy saying his team was going to beat the Bengals and Tom Brady threw like four TDs on him. Stupid and immature comments. I don't know why this happens. Beat the Bengals and Tom Brady? You might want to rephrase that cuz it makes no sense at all...

myqntab
05-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Just another role player in a professional sport guaranteeing a win over another. Most of the time the team with the guy making the guarantees loses. I don't know why these guys do this. Remember the guy saying his team was going to beat the Bengals and Tom Brady threw like four TDs on him. Stupid and immature comments. I don't know why this happens.

what you mean is Anthony Smith of the Steelers and his guarantees of beating the Patriots after the win over the Bengals.....and yes....another immature running of the mouth

Kakaroach
05-24-2009, 10:24 PM
what you mean is Anthony Smith of the Steelers and his guarantees of beating the Patriots after the win over the Bengals.....and yes....another immature running of the mouth Thats what I thought he was talking about lol. Everyone just loves taking stabs at the Bengals. :pity:

drhiii
05-24-2009, 10:40 PM
WOW!!! Can't believe he would gurantee such a thing especially down 2-1 and gave HC rite back to the Lakers. Plus he is shooting like ****. He has to keep his mouth shut and start making shots cuz I do not see Kobe letting the Lakers blow this series. I would not be suprised if the Lakers win in Denver tomorrow nite. Just added motivation.

Yessir. Agree with this. LA in 6. And I am, was, a Nugs fan.

What I saw at the end of game 3 was appalling. They gave up. Anthony definitely gave up. The repeated views on him on the bench in the last minute said it all. Head hanging low. Dejected. What the hell is up with that? It is obvious to me he has not learned how to win yet. Nooooooooooo way do you project that no matter what happens. This on top of a lot of whining and complaining by several of the Nugs players, instead of just leaning forward no matter what, and playing the game.

The Nug showed me they do not know how to win yet. LA in 6. Quite possibly 5. And people will have to wait "until next year". The last minute of game 3 said it all. They do not know how to win yet. Someone respected in the game would do well to rip Anthony so that he never, ever projects what he did in the end. As long as he does that, he will never become a true leader. Billups does know how to win. But Billups cannot carry this load on his own.

Sorry Nugs fans. While I lean to the Nugs myself, going back to the old Rockets and the ABA days, it will be LA and Orlando in the finals.

GREATNESS ONE
05-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Fixed :P

lol:D

GREATNESS ONE
05-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Im ready for game 4.

lakersfan211
05-24-2009, 11:20 PM
what a bold prediction by that prick , that taunting he did after that 3 was classless , if a laker player did that ill say the same thing.

Er1c
05-24-2009, 11:37 PM
what a dumbass

DenButsu
05-25-2009, 08:02 AM
"We've got two more series."

Are all the Lakers fans going to call out Kobe for saying this (http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_12443741), too? :rolleyes:

Or at least explain to me how it is at all different substantively from what J.R. said?

Let the hypocrisy fest begin....

NoSense
05-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Again, JR has to shut up, play well, and talk trash when he'll have a ring...

Becks2307
05-25-2009, 08:16 AM
JR Smith has been an idiot from day one

Cleary an example of someone who should have gone to college.

I thought he was past these childish antics and chucking up horrible shots but he has relapsed right back into all his 'professional' glory. The 3 and the end of the 3Q said it all, barking at Vujacic.

Are all the Lakers fans going to call out Kobe for saying this (http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_12443741), too? :rolleyes:

Or at least explain to me how it is at all different substantively from what J.R. said?

I dont think its at all the same. Like it or not Kobe has Rank. He has been to the finals 5 times (i think) and he has his eyes on the prize. Notice he did not mention the Nuggets, it was almost as if he was talking to himself.

Rocco007
05-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Chauncy and a group of reformed boneheads...Although they have enough talent to win, their BBall IQ will prevent them from advancing.. JR Smith is lucky he didn't foul out of gm 3..He fouled Kobe on every shot..No exaggeration, every shot..Look at the film..

SideWinder989
05-25-2009, 09:05 AM
just an idiot move by J.R smith... totally freakin idiotic... chauncey must get in their heads if they want to prevent a disaster in next 2 games... everything went downhill for the nuggets now and chauncey is only one who can pull the brakes...

Statik1
05-25-2009, 09:21 AM

Not more for us to complain about there "Home Slice"....

Just more for us to ram down your throats!

heatfan123249
05-25-2009, 09:25 AM
well what is he going to say his team is going to lose in the finals, or not even make it?

Statik1
05-25-2009, 09:29 AM
I just lol'd when I found this on JR's twitter page WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY HATERS??? (http://twitter.com/jr_smith1/status/1896313047) He really has to wonder why? If he was just humble I would have respect for the guy but no he wants to run his mouth let him.... It only is going to fuel Kobe more.

Kakaroach
05-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Both Kobe and J.R. said stupid things. How about you just keep your mouths shut and try to win the series.

AllTheWay
05-25-2009, 01:33 PM

Well considering JR has been the best player in the series and been to the finals numerous times before, with his team already up 2-1, then he can say this, and Kobe can't.

Oh wait, it's the opposite, ain't it?

:)

Missing56&33
05-25-2009, 01:45 PM
He was talking about how all you see is Kobe and Lebron. Said he guarantees Nuggets will be in the Finals, and then tried to retract a bit. What do you guys think about his statement?

I think JR Smith and Mo Williams are long lost brothers

QUICKTRADE
05-25-2009, 02:08 PM
its his way of firing his team mates to play more three's or give me the ball and i'll shoot more of the three's

yojoe792
05-25-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm so ****ing tired of these threads.

OOOHHHH. Player X thinks Team Y is going to make the finals!!! Wow!

Of course he thinks that. JR Smith is on the Nuggets.

Really, who cares.

MSU Spartans313
05-25-2009, 02:47 PM
He better have awoken the damn sleeping gint inside himself. He has been terrible in this series. I understand you shoot yourself out of a slump, but he is doing absolutely horrible. If he wants to predict the finals, thats fine. He cant rely on melo and chauncey to take the team there, he needs to step up and take over himself. Which I think he will. 30 point game out of Smith tonight.

king4day
05-25-2009, 02:50 PM
JR Smith = selfish. Now he's adding chalkboard material to the Lakers locker room.
I've never heard of a player making a guarantee like he did FOLLOWING A LOSS. What a tool

MSU Spartans313
05-25-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm so ****ing tired of these threads.

OOOHHHH. Player X thinks Team Y is going to make the finals!!! Wow!

Of course he thinks that. JR Smith is on the Nuggets.

Really, who cares.

Relax buddy, if you dont like these threads that much, why even come on it?

eugene
05-25-2009, 03:15 PM
agree with him :P

Kakaroach
05-25-2009, 03:22 PM
I think JR Smith and Mo Williams are long lost brothers :laugh2: I wouldn't be surprised.

eman
05-25-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't think this will make any difference to the outcome of the series. If Chauncey or Melo had said it maybe but not JR. What I think really set Kobe off was the pass off his back the Chauncey made coupled with the game 2 loss and the shot that Lebron made. Kobe was truly a monster in game three and the other players like Pau and Travis picked up on his energy.

nBaLivEchamP
05-25-2009, 04:42 PM
ughhhh......i ate some microwaved chicken nuggets last night....they didnt taste so good....now my stomach hurts...fml =(

S.J.Basketball
05-25-2009, 05:02 PM
ughhhh......i ate some microwaved chicken nuggets last night....they didnt taste so good....now my stomach hurts...fml =(

That's your stomach cussing you out for poisoning it

superkegger
05-25-2009, 05:14 PM

So, saying

"We've got two more series. There's two more series and we've just got to get it done, got to get it (freaking) done," Bryant said. "We can be tired in August."

as the best player in the series, having racked up 40, 32 and 41 points in the 3 previous games, and as one of the best players in all the nba and leading your team to a 2-1 lead.

That's the same as guaranteeing a win over the Lakers in the series when you're down 2-1 in the series, 8, 3 and 10 in the first 3 games, while shooting 7-28 in the series.

No, you're right, they're the same thing Den. Totally the same. I mean, Kobe has been to the Finals 5 times, and is a superstar in the league. JR Smith is an erratic yet sometimes superb bench player. You're right, same thing.

Squad13
05-25-2009, 05:21 PM
So, saying

as the best player in the series, having racked up 40, 32 and 41 points in the 3 previous games, and as one of the best players in all the nba and leading your team to a 2-1 lead.

That's the same as guaranteeing a win over the Lakers in the series when you're down 2-1 in the series, 8, 3 and 10 in the first 3 games, while shooting 7-28 in the series.

No, you're right, they're the same thing Den. Totally the same. I mean, Kobe has been to the Finals 5 times, and is a superstar in the league. JR Smith is an erratic yet sometimes superb bench player. You're right, same thing.

Seriously, and Den was warning me about talking to Smith because he can heat up in a hurry. The guy shoots the stupidest shots in the world and helps the lakers. He has shot you guys into the lead but more times than not he shoots you out of games. The guy is a dud of a person and a very talented yet mediocre basketball player.

IBleedPurple
05-26-2009, 01:11 PM
This was a bonehead move by JR....

But, all of the Nuggets think the Nuggets will be in the Finals, Cavs think the Cavs will be in the Finals, Magic think the Magic will be in the Finals, and Lakers think the Lakers will be in the Finals. Isn't that strange?

what54!?
05-26-2009, 01:13 PM
whats up with all these guards talking ****? At least he backed it up in game 4.

bahama0811
05-26-2009, 01:14 PM
It sure did get quiet in here

madiaz3
05-26-2009, 01:26 PM
It sure did get quiet in here

A chucker is bound to have one night throughout the course of a playoff series. No surprise here.

bahama0811
05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
A chucker is bound to have one night throughout the course of a playoff series. No surprise here.

Yeah, since all he did was shoot.:rolleyes: You must have missed his 4 assists in the first half and his 2 steals. He's more than just a chucker but you probably wouldn't know that, like the rest of the country.

aman_13
05-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Does anyone else see the Lakers being the underdogs in this series?, or was that already obvious after the way the Lakers played against the Rockets?

tr4shb0t
05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
JR Smith has some screws loose.

what54!?
05-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Does anyone else see the Lakers being the underdogs in this series?, or was that already obvious after the way the Lakers played against the Rockets? both

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-26-2009, 01:38 PM

I thought I had seen a little down syndrome in his eyes, but I just thought it was bad genes. But now its official, hes ********.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-26-2009, 01:41 PM

Your sig is exactly where I felt bad for him. I wanted to pack him a lunch and put on his helmet right before putting him on the little yellow bus. It just appears to me that he needs to be taken care of. I just want to give him a big hug and let him know that he is special too.

Missing56&33
05-26-2009, 01:50 PM

I hate when guys start acting stupid due to lack of ability.... meaning JR Smith knows hes no Kobe, Lebron, Carmello, or Wade so he wants to be in the spotlight somehow, someway. He played a great game 4 but why would you want to upset Kobe at this point?...gotta learn how to keep quietsometimes,but I think its just his personality.

junion
05-26-2009, 02:17 PM
i dont think much of these kinds of things. anyone can guarantee they'll win, or they can be confident. right now it's 2-2, it's a 3-game series now.

i dont think it's disrespect, and at the same time i dont think there's anything to back up the comment.

everyone says whatever they want, and i dont see why anyone should get sensitive about anything they say like that.

if you are on a team, you have to be on your team's side... obviously.

Denva4Life
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
if we want guarantees... Kobe is never going to win another championship. They might beat denver.... and thats a might... but will never win that 4th ring.

Gibby23
05-26-2009, 02:22 PM
if we want guarantees... Kobe is never going to win another championship. They might beat denver.... and thats a might... but will never win that 4th ring.

Ok..:rolleyes:

Missing56&33
05-26-2009, 02:27 PM

not only JR Smith have misconceptions about reality the fans do to. :pity:

AIsixersFK
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
what is with all these gurantees? Not every team that gurantees a win is going to win

esscobar05
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
So what if someone says that they ar going to win! Most of the post on this thread sounds like something that the meia would start.. You are suppose to be confident that you will win. What else are you out there for? True he has has some issues in the past but he is one helluva player.. You can not knock that.. If you do you are bias.. I felt all along if these two teams met in the conference finals th Nuggets woul win and I still do... Thy have many more opions than the Lakers... Melo played awful and they won by 19.. Let Kobe shoot the way that Melo did in game for and see if they win by 19.. It won't happen.. Thy probably would not win period.. The Laker fans left the boar in a heartbeat after gam four.. They were flooding their post sfter game 3 but only in here now to talk **** about JR Smith after he had a great all around game.. Typical Laker fans.. Unless someone else steps up other than Gasol an Kobe the Lakers will not win another game. Fisher and Odom look old. Odom taks too many plays off..

So, JR says that they will win... That is what he is suppose to do... Game 5 Wed... It will be a good one and the Lakers better show up or its ovr.. Even if the Nuggets lose I say they win the last 2 anyway...

JordansBulls
05-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I thought this was said after the series was 2-2. If he said this when it was 2-1 then it was not a wise decision.

MJL
05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Spotlight seeker!

sdweston757
05-26-2009, 04:17 PM
i have a no problem if u say something and back it up..

its not like jeremy stevans in the super bowl guaranting a W and then droping passes. if he wants to talk, make shots. simple as that