can't wait to witness the future talent that will inevitably surpass
the now.
Of course at the time, it would have sounded more like, “pretty
soon... um... those guys... um... aren't like... gonna be as good
as... um... the guys that are gonna be... um... playing pretty soon ya
know.”
Yes, I was hyper and mentally challenged. Much like now. I was also
wrong. They never got better.
Yeah, we had the Michael Jordan era. But were was the competition?
Were was the drama? After MJ (& the refs) dismantled the Detroit
Pistons, the equality vanished.
For two decades, NBA basketball has been stagnant. It's had its
moments. Like when MJ retired. That opened it up a little bit, but the
league was watered down. The '98 Bulls-Jazz finales were OK, But you
knew what the outcome would be. The '02 Western Conference Finals with
the Lakers and Kings was entertaining, yet short lived. The '04 Finals
were sweet, watching the impossible happen as the Pistons embarrassed
a Lakers team everyone thought would go down as the greatest team ever
bought. Still, It didn't come close to the 80's.
Fast forward to today. We're already seeing flashes of greatness all
over the league. Drama laden playoff series like the Bulls vs.
Celtics, arguably the most entertaining seven gamer ever. This is just
the beginning. There have been some pretty heated exchanges in the
post season this year. The young talent in the NBA today, and the
promise of more to come tells me more drama isn't far behind.
So yes, I'm saying it. I believe the next decade of professional
Basketball will bring more talent and more drama than ever before.
Let's take a look at the past for a second. First of all W.
Chamberlain, B. Russell, P. Maravich , and O. Robertson are exempt
from the conversation. They're the Fore (Four) Fathers of basketball,
and the league wouldn't be what it is today if not for them. However,
there is absolutely no way to compare their individual talent against
todays much more gifted athlete. I know you old guys don't wanna hear
it, but bottom line, it was pretty much them against everyone else.
The general consensus “best of all time” are MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem,
Dr. J, Olajuwon, K. Malone, Barkley, Isiah, Pippen, Stockton, Shaq,
Kobe, AI and Duncan, give or take. Yes? OK. Now we eliminate the
frauds. Pippen: glorified role player. AI: you can't be great if you
can't make your teammates better. Malone: no Stockton, no Malone.
Next, minus Shaq, Kobe and Duncan, because they didn't play in the
80's. Right? Bare with me. Although Stockton, Olajuwon, Barkley and
The Air Apparent played the majority of there carriers in the 90's,
for the sake of argument we'll add them to the 80's. Why? It's my
game!
Alright, we can start our comparisons. Honestly I'm not a LaBron
James slappy, but I know eventually, he will be the King. He probably
won't have six rings, but that's were parity comes into play. He will
however, be crowned the indisputable all time great. He is the first
and only complete player. An enigma. So who of the greats does he
compare to? No one. He's a high-bred, that until now, has never
existed. But, for the sake of argument we'll say Magic Johnson. Magic
was the best all around player of all time.
Magic/ Bird – LaBron James / Carmelo Anthony - It starts in this
years finals, watch.
So who compares to MJ? How about Dwyan Wade? At this time in MJ's
carrier, He had 1 ring, like Wade. He had a FG% of 51%, Wade 49%. MJ
scored 30.1pts per game, Wade 30.2. MJ's 3pt% was 27%, Wade's 32%. MJ
had 6 RPG, Wade had 5. Steels, 1.8 for MJ. 2.2 for D. Wade. Mike
helped with 6.1 assists, Flash had 7.5. Listen, I'm not saying Wade
is better than Jordan. But what could he have done if he had MJ's team
around him. I mean come on, a rookie, a broken Center and Haslem,
compared to Grant, Cartwright, Paxon, Armstrong & Pippen.
Play along at home. Comparisons, Bird / Garnett. Too old, OK, Kevin
Durant, no, Al Jefferson, no wait, Carmelo Anthony. Ya, that works.
Check the stats. Kareem / Dwight Howard. Isiah / Chris Paul. Dr. J /
Josh Smith, no, Andre Iguodala. Man I'm good. And I haven't even
started yet. Look at the talent. Bosh, Stoudemire, D. Williams, Rondo,
Biedrins, Big Baby, Harris, Lopez, Lee, Rose, Gordan, Roy, Thomas,
Stuckey, Granger, J. Johnson, Beasley, Gasol, Bynum, Oden, Love, Mayo,
Brooks and more, much more.
Look, this is a good thing. So sit back and enjoy. The NBA is back.

aarwich
05-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Sorry, I know it's long winded.

Driven
05-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Good thing this is readable.

bctgg27
05-22-2009, 05:51 PM
That was a very interesting read.

kennethmaconjr
05-22-2009, 05:56 PM
First off, use some paragraphs once in a while. How can you even mention the likes of Andris Biedrins, Glen "***** baby" davis, david lee, ben gordon, and aaron brooks in the same breath as the all-time greats, they arent even all-stars let alone great.

aloysius8
05-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Not bad, but I disagree. The Bird, Magic, Jordan era will be tough to beat.

LayZbone
05-22-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty excited about basketball these days too, witnessing Lebron, Wade etc.

theuuord
05-22-2009, 06:05 PM

When all is said and done, I think the Kobe/LeBron/Wade/Carmelo/Paul/Howard/Roy era will be a lot tougher to beat.

madiaz3
05-22-2009, 06:06 PM
heres my attempt at making it easier to read and understand

I grew upward into 80' s observing greats it battles it outside on the solid wood. It was the time of the true of parity and drama. In proportion to I became more and more enamored perennial mach- raises, I recalls to think, [vau], I can' expectation t so that witness future talent which will unavoidably surpass now. Certainly in time, it would sound more as, “sufficiently soon… um… those guys… um… of aren' t loves… to go to be as good as… um… guy which they go to be… um… playing sufficiently soon ya know.” Yes, I was hyper and mentally was cast call. It is more as now. I was also untruth. They never obtained more better. Yeah, we had an era Of [michyuael] Jordan. But there was competition? There was drama? After MJ (& dismantled of refs) Detroit [Porsheni], the [ischezannaya] equality. To 2 decades periods, the basketball NBA is stagnant. It' s had its moments. Sporadically MJ retired. That opened it upward a little, but league was diluted. ' 98 finales of Bull- jazz were APPROVED, but you knew what outcome would be. '

The final examination of west of conference 02 from Lakers and by kings they were entertaining, but they were short-lived. ' 04 final examinations it was sweets, observing impossible they occur as embarrassed [porsheni] Of lakers they [obeninyayutsya] into the command each they thought you send downward as large command is always purchased. Still, it didn' t comes closely to 80' S. rapidly forward to today. We' re already seeing the flashes of sublimity on everything league. Of series of a series of the games of drama loaded love bulls against. Celtics, arguably entertaining gamer 7 always. This exactly began. Some it is sufficient of heated exchanges into the season of post this year. Young talent in NBA today, and promise no longer tells me more than the drama of isn' t is far behind. So yes, I' m speaking of it. I believe to the following decade period of professional basketball it will bring more talent and it is more drama than always earlier. Let' s will look at the past on second. First W. gentleman in attendance, B. Russell, P. Maravich, and O. Robertson are exempt from the negotiation. They' re 4) of the father of forward section (basketball, and the league of wouldn' t that it today if not for them. However, completely no way to compare their individual talent against today's very more gifted athlete. I know you the old guys of don' t wants to hear him, but lower line, the essence of the matter, it was dear much they against each still. The general opinion “are best anything time” MJ, magic, bird, Kareem, other J, Olajuwon, K. Malone, Barkley, Isiah, Pippen, Stockton, Shaq, Kobe, AI and Duncan, they give or they assume. Yes? [O]' By Kay. Now we exclude frauds. Pippen: the sung player of role. AI: you can' t is large if you can' t makes your of comrades upon command more best. Malone: the absence Of stockton, the absence Of malone. Following, negative Shaq, Kobe and Duncan, because they didn' game t into 80' S. right? You will bare with me. Although Stockton, Olajuwon, Barkley and air clear played the majority of there carriers into 90' s, for the argument of we' ll are added them to 80' S. why? It' s my game! Alright, we can begin our comparisons. Is honest I' m not Of laBron James slappy, but I know finally, he will be king. He is probable won' t has 6 [kets], but that' s was parity it comes into the game.

It will be however, to be crowned indisputable always is large. It the first and only complete player. Riddle. So who from greats makes it you will compare [k]? No one. He' A. high-bred, the S. to now, will not have ever [sushchestvovano]. But, for the argument of we' ll speaks [Magich] Of [zhoyunson]. Magic was the better entirely around the player of entire time. Magic bird - LaBron James/Anthony's Carmelo - it begins in this of Lethe of final examinations, watch. So who compares to MJ? How about the ford Of dwyan? At this time in MJ' s carrying, it had 1 ring as ford. It had FG% of 51%, ford 49%. MJ to [oe] of 30.1pts in accordance with game, ford 30.2. MJ' s 3pt% was 27%, Wade' s 32%. MJ had 6 RPG, ford had 5. steels, 1.8 for MJ. 2.2 for the ford D. Mike [pomogano] with 6.1 [golevymi] transfers, flash it had 7.5. Listen to, I' m without saying ford more is best than Jordan. But that it could make if it had MJ' command s all around it. I mean arrived further, recruit, the broken center and Haslem, is compared to Grant, Cartwright, Paxon, & Armstrong; Pippen. Game forward at home. Comparisons, the bird/Of garnett. Too old-, IS APPROVED, Kevin Durant, no, Al Of jefferson, the absence of expectation, Carmelo of Anthony. Ya, then work. You will verify stats. Kareem/Dwight Howard. Isiah/Chris [Payl]. Other J of Smith's Josh, there are no, Andre Of iguodala. Men Of i' m is good. AND I haven' t even began thus far. You will look talent. Sketch, Stoudemire, D. Williams, Rondo, Biedrins, large baby, Harris, Lopez, Lee, pink, Gordan, Roy, Thomas, Stuckey, Granger, J. Johnson, Beasley, Gasol, Bynum, Oden, love, Mayo, brooks are more, it is very more. You will look, this is a good thing. So you sit back and you will take pleasure. NBA back.

bleedprple&gold
05-22-2009, 06:08 PM
uhhhh...can you give us the reader's digest version?

GregOden#1
05-22-2009, 07:01 PM
The fail is strong with you my son.

montazingmvp
05-22-2009, 08:51 PM
When all is said and done, I think the Kobe/LeBron/Wade/Carmelo/Paul/Howard/Roy era will be a lot tougher to beat.

what if i described the 80's era as the...

mj/bird/magic/moses malone/dr j/kareem/nique/olajuwon/issiah thomas/alex english

era...ill take the 80's all day...howard does not compare to any great center from the 80s...he would be ripped a new one playing against the likes of kareem/olajuwon/robinson etc

NYstateofMinD
05-23-2009, 01:31 AM
^^ not to mention D Robinonson, P.Ewing, Stockton, Malone,Benard King...yea this era has Lebron/Kobe/Wade/Melo/CP3/Deron/Howard/Roy/Durant..but honestly no way this compares to the 80s.

aarwich
05-23-2009, 02:59 PM
First off, use some paragraphs once in a while. How can you even mention the likes of Andris Biedrins, Glen "***** baby" davis, david lee, ben gordon, and aaron brooks in the same breath as the all-time greats, they arent even all-stars let alone great.

I didn't compare them to the greats. I was making an example of the parity in the league to day.

aarwich
05-23-2009, 03:07 PM
^^ not to mention D Robinonson, P.Ewing, Stockton, Malone,Benard King...yea this era has Lebron/Kobe/Wade/Melo/CP3/Deron/Howard/Roy/Durant..but honestly no way this compares to the 80s.

I did mention Stockton and Malone. Robinson, Ewing & King aren't argued as being the best ever at there prospective positions.
Also I was comparing the 80's and the immediate future of the league. Not the present.

aarwich
05-23-2009, 03:09 PM

It will be fun to debate in about five years.

aarwich
05-23-2009, 03:34 PM

mj/bird/magic/moses malone/dr j/kareem/nique/olajuwon/issiah thomas/alex english

era...ill take the 80's all day...howard does not compare to any great center from the 80s...he would be ripped a new one playing against the likes of kareem/olajuwon/robinson etc

Kareem @ age 24 (225 lbs) - FG%-.554 RPG-14.2 BPG-0.0 SPG-0.0

Howard @ age 24 (265 lbs) - FG%-.572 RPG-13.8 BPG-2.9 SPG-1.0

Howard has a lot to prove before he can be argued as the best ever. But, I think he has a legitimate shot.

The only way "he would be ripped a new one", as you so eloquently put it, is if they all played him at once.

Jonathan2323
05-23-2009, 03:41 PM
i like your Jordan/Wade comparison wait to Wade gets a real team in 2010.

theuuord
05-23-2009, 04:55 PM

I didn't even bring Duncan into the conversation, who outside of Kareem is the best big man on either list. Put in Shaq and it's no competition.

theuuord
05-23-2009, 04:56 PM
also I'd take ANY player I listed over Alex English... whom I love and respect as a player, but when all is said and done is not comparable to the real stars of either list...

aarwich
05-24-2009, 01:06 PM
I didn't even bring Duncan into the conversation, who outside of Kareem is the best big man on either list. Put in Shaq and it's no competition.

I think you need to read the thread again before you post anything else.