PDA

View Full Version : How funny will it be if Denver and Orlando get through?

iceteawithlemon
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Think about it. It would be colossally bad for the NBA. I mean, we're talking about a potential Kobe-Lebron dream ratings matchup being replaced with a potentially more boring and defensive series here. By all means watch for the referees to make sure that doesn't happen because hey, they should.

Of course the fact that I'm high makes it funnier for me.

PS I mean, think about the oh-face of disappointment in the casual sports fans. "You know Kobe and Lebron?", "Yes", "well you get howard and melo", "Oh". That's what I'm talking about.

ink
05-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I'd have no problem with that. :clap: They're both great teams. I'd definitely like to see the underdogs pull off a few upsets.

DrDEADalready
05-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Your asking like the Magic and Denver are complete busts. they are really good teams. and are not boring to watch.I would be fine with it. Infact I want it.

abe_froman
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
i dont think it'd be that bad,still have star power with billups,melo and howard

iceteawithlemon
05-22-2009, 04:08 PM
That's cause you're all basketball fans. But a Lebron-Kobe matchup would allow the NBA to reach out to casual sports fans around the globe much more than a Denver - Orlando game. In marketing terms it's disastrous.

JordansBulls
05-22-2009, 04:13 PM
That's cause you're all basketball fans. But a Lebron-Kobe matchup would allow the NBA to reach out to casual sports fans around the globe much more than a Denver - Orlando game. In marketing terms it's disastrous.

Ok, if the NBA was about ratings then why in 2005 would it have the Spurs vs Pistons in the Finals when the Pistons won game 7 in Miami in the ECF when they had Wade and Shaq.

Wouldn't a Wade/Shaq finals vs Spurs get higher ratings than a Pistons and Spurs finals?

Wouldn't they have allowed the Heat to knock off Atlanta this year to have a Lebron vs Wade 2nd round matchup?

ink
05-22-2009, 04:14 PM

Happens with every sport. Let the best teams play the finals and let the league worry about marketing and revenue. Too much of the sport is already dictated by marketing and revenue.

I'd love to see SVG get his team through to the finals. And I've been behind the Nuggets since the Billups trade. That was some underachieving team for a long time and then they added that one missing piece and the team turned right around. Vindicated George Karl in a lot of ways, and definitely brought the best out of the roster. If they get past the Lakers, it could be one of the most amazing upsets we've seen in a long time. It sucks for Lakers fans because obviously they want to get back to the final, but it's really exciting from a basketball standpoint. There isn't a bad team left in the final four.

bctgg27
05-22-2009, 04:18 PM
It would still be a good series. But it would be funny after everyone is picturing Cavs and Lakers.

MiamiHeat
05-22-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm hoping for it to happen and there's a possibility it might happen

sp1derm00
05-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Honestly, it could happen.

The Lakers bigs are playing soft in every aspect ASIDE from rebounding. They refuse to punish the Nuggets with their size and settle for jumpers. They need to be set up for a dunk or get points off a putback... ALL series long. With this kinda play, I don't think the Lakers will make it... the perimeter players have to carry the team offensively and PJ is being an idiot and leaving Fish in which is like, negative production.

Then, Orlando matches up favorably against the Cavs. They just have to not let anyone else aside from Lebron get hot.

Rockets4Life
05-22-2009, 04:43 PM
I would love to see Denver and Orlando. I cant stand the lakers and Kobe. I'm tired of seeing the lakers in the finals. The only reason lebron is always on espn for great plays cause there is noone in the east that can gaurd him. The east is too easy for him. But when he actually plays against a good team, they lose. Look at there record against the Magic from last year till now..There 2-6. Don't get me wrong, Lebron is a hell of a player and some of the things he does you just say to yourself.."man how did he do that", but he is not challenge enough.
If it did come down to the Magic and Nuggets, that would be crazy cause of the media has been talking about Lakers and cavs in the finals even before the playoffs started and I dont think they should be saying that.

Fire Girardi
05-22-2009, 04:52 PM
that series wud b mad boring and prolly get no ratings but it wont happen so who cares

TurKnicK
05-22-2009, 04:52 PM
I would love to see orlando nuggets final... Tired of the selfish games of Kobe and Lebron putting up 30 - 40 shots a game...

29$JerZ
05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Actually I would like to see a Nuggets and Cavs final. Billups + Melo vs Mo + LeBron

Would the journey man Billups and now blossoming star Carmelo win against the former 2nd round pick MO and LBJ?

I like Orlando too, but I would like to see Carmelo go against LBJ>

madiaz3
05-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Ok, if the NBA was about ratings then why in 2005 would it have the Spurs vs Pistons in the Finals when the Pistons won game 7 in Miami in the ECF when they had Wade and Shaq.

Wouldn't a Wade/Shaq finals vs Spurs get higher ratings than a Pistons and Spurs finals?

Wouldn't they have allowed the Heat to knock off Atlanta this year to have a Lebron vs Wade 2nd round matchup?

I don't think he was implying in this case that the NBA was rigged. He's just addressing the reality of a Cavs Lakers matchup being a dream come true for the league.

jimbobjarree
05-22-2009, 05:01 PM
cant wait for tonights game...go Magic!

reemy
05-22-2009, 05:03 PM
lol it wud shut up da very confident lakers and cavs fan

PSU840
05-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Stern will make sure it's Kobe vs. LeBron

championships
05-22-2009, 05:18 PM
I would not find it very funny of course:D

KnicksorBust
05-22-2009, 05:19 PM
That would suck because it meant that LeBron and Kobe both got injured. How long are they injured for in your imaginary world?

iceteawithlemon
05-22-2009, 05:26 PM
That would suck because it meant that LeBron and Kobe both got injured. How long are they injured for in your imaginary world?

lets just hope they bring it now as you say and make it a memorable finals so that this joke won't happen. They should be there deservedly, but I wouldn't mind if the refs rigged a couple of plays.

_Sn1P3r_
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow, I honestly hope that doesn't happen. I want to see the Lakers in the Finals. :D

GiantYankKnicks
05-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Wow, I honestly hope that doesn't happen. I want to see the Lakers in the Finals. :D

I love that little Raptor in your sig 4 sum reason lol

Vinny642
05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
I'd love it

gangis2169
05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Honestly, I'm a Laker fan and I can tell you right now it is a definite possibility that Denver and Orlando may make it. It would be the worst ratings in championship history but still intriguing. The second worst ratings would be Denver vs. Cavs because it has been a proven fact that Lebron doesn't get ratings like the Lakers. Too many Laker fans out there. I mean the Spurs vs. Cavs series was one of the worst ever!!!

smith&wesson
05-22-2009, 10:23 PM
You know what, Up till now all the best teams have advanced and I think the best two teams will end up in the finals, and all four are deserving!!
clevland vs LA would be great.
orlando vs Denver would still be great.
lots of star power all over, its not all about kobe and lebron although seeing them going head to head would be crazy ...
does any one else think maybe a dever vs clevland is possible ?

Mello is playing like a champ and Id love to see him go at it with lebron.

but any four teams playing eachother would be hype .. only i dont think orlando can beat LA or Denver, but you never know!!

smith&wesson
05-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Honestly, I'm a Laker fan and I can tell you right now it is a definite possibility that Denver and Orlando may make it. It would be the worst ratings in championship history but still intriguing. The second worst ratings would be Denver vs. Cavs because it has been a proven fact that Lebron doesn't get ratings like the Lakers. Too many Laker fans out there. I mean the Spurs vs. Cavs series was one of the worst ever!!!

I think the worst was san antonio vs indiana,
actually any time san antionio goes to the finals its the worst,

Watching Tim duncan play is like watching a elementry school gym teacher showing girls how to play basket ball
" the back board is your friend" lol hahaha

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Den-Cle would be on point...

But for that Chip, I'd like to see Den-Orl

Ironman5219
05-22-2009, 10:46 PM
it would two of the biggest up sets in NBA history! Personally i would love to see it happen. The media is way to over exposed to Labron and Kobe. Be nice to see some good TEAM teams in the finals and not just selfish players

gcoll
05-22-2009, 10:52 PM
I'd love it for a few reasons.

#1) **** David Stern. The NBA wants Kobe/Lebron, so **** them.

#2) ESPN will be unbearable if it's a Kobe/Lebron final. It already is pretty unbearable...but it will be way overboard if it's Kobe/Lebron in the finals.

KB24PG16
05-22-2009, 10:55 PM
how funny would it be if half of psd left because the lakers won

junion
05-22-2009, 11:00 PM
all four teams are really great teams. i think the refs with their weird calls will bring these two series to 6-7 games, then making lakers and cavs win to go to the finals.

the irony is that if the refs actually called the games perfectly, both series would last about 6-7 games anyway because all four teams are really good with the lakers and cavs edging their opponents just by that much.

Rockets1978
05-22-2009, 11:08 PM
It won't happ:speechless:en

Wilson
05-23-2009, 12:50 AM
We are not amused.

mrmike101
05-23-2009, 01:13 AM

Are you kidding me Lebron Vs melo would be just as good. These guys will forever be connected to each other, dominique jordan(probly more epic than these two), bird magic, same exact lore and history. You guys act like kobe is jordan I mean yeah the chinese do love kobe but thats about it.

mrmike101
05-23-2009, 01:19 AM

I would actually have more respect for tha guy, it would give some (not all)justification to the rampant homer behavor of this forum. I don't care if kobe wins for the next 12 years, jordan will forever be the most dynamic and influential player of all time hands down. Hopefully he replaces jerry west as the logo some time soon.

Punkindrublic03
05-23-2009, 01:26 AM
they would have to take those kobe and lebron puppet commercials off the air.

OrLMaGiK1
05-23-2009, 01:35 AM
La vs orl series would be good. We would get to see bynum vs howard and kobe vs turk

Iron24th
05-23-2009, 01:37 AM
haha it seems no one wants to see L.A in finals.

Haters...

Iron24th
05-23-2009, 01:39 AM

:D:clap:

Rosh
05-23-2009, 01:42 AM
I would love Magic/Nuggets just to stick it to Stern.

Kyle N.
05-23-2009, 01:52 AM
I want to see the best two teams in the Finals that deserve to be there. If it's the Cavs and Lakers that are it, then I want them there. If the Nuggets and Magic are it, then I want them there. If the NBA wants to rig it I might as well just go watch pro wrestling.

borat
05-23-2009, 02:00 AM
I want to see the best two teams in the Finals that deserve to be there. If it's the Cavs and Lakers that are it, then I want them there. If the Nuggets and Magic are it, then I want them there. If the NBA wants to rig it I might as well just go watch pro wrestling.

Yeah the nba obviously wants it. But they aren't rigging anything. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be committed to a psych ward.

Yes i said it. If you think the nba is rigged and that David Stern is in charge of it all and telling officials to directly determine the outcome of games, then you are insane.

Because if this was true, look at the finals games in the last decade. Spurs were in there 4 times and they are basically the nba's nightmare in terms of drawing in ratings.