PDA

View Full Version : Mo Williams talks smack and says he doesn't think Orlando can win series.

JordansBulls
05-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Source: Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/24524/)
Source: NBA.com (http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700037311)

Mo Williams came with the bulletin board material today before practice.

"I don't feel this team can beat us four times," he said. And then reiterated to make sure we heard him, "I don't see them beating us four times."

Is this guy serious here? Guy needs to learn to backup his talk before he makes comments like this.

Kakaroach
05-22-2009, 01:52 PM
He was a no-show in Game 1 and now he talks smack. And remember when he picked himself in his Top 5 Clutch Shooters of all time? He shouldn't be talking, cuz he got nothing to back it up.

Hawkeye15
05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
while I like the attitude, may wanna get a win under you're belt before you talk smack to the team that just stole homecourt from you

Missing56&33
05-22-2009, 02:10 PM
while I like the attitude, may wanna get a win under you're belt before you talk smack to the team that just stole homecourt from you

x2

JordansBulls
05-22-2009, 02:11 PM
I understand what Mo Williams is saying, but you don't say stuff like this when you are already down in the series. If the series were 2-2 or if the Cavs were up in the series and then he said this then it would make more sense, but when you are already down, you don't say stuff like this. You are only giving the other team more reason to come out and play with fire.

Jonathan2323
05-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Mo Williams is an idiot.

KmB728
05-22-2009, 02:16 PM
:pity:

I really dislike Mo Williams...

Kakaroach
05-22-2009, 02:21 PM
I understand what Mo Williams is saying, but you don't say stuff like this when you are already down in the series. If the series were 2-2 or if the Cavs were up in the series and then he said this then it would make more sense, but when you are already down, you don't say stuff like this. You are only giving the other team more reason to come out and play with fire. x100 I don't think anyone on PSD likes Mo Williams. :)

Trouble87
05-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Confidence is a beautiful thing in moderation... Lebron needs to put his boy on a tighter leash.

Until Mo does something to help Lebron he needs to keep his mouth shut and enjoy his free ride

JordansBulls
05-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Here is a little history of the two teams recently

Playoffs
5/20/09 Magic 107 Cleveland 106

Season
4/3/09 Magic 116 Cleveland 87
3/17/09 Magic 93 Cleveland 97
1/29/09 Magic 99 Cleveland 88

Last year games
4/5/08 Magic 101 Cleveland 86
3/17/08 Magic 104 Cleveland 90
2/11/08 Magic 111 Cleveland 118
11/14/07 Magic 117 Cleveland 116

MagicDojo
05-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Here is a little history of the two teams recently

Playoffs
5/20/09 Magic 107 Cleveland 106

Season
4/3/09 Magic 116 Cleveland 87
3/17/09 Magic 93 Cleveland 97
1/29/09 Magic 99 Cleveland 88

Last year games
4/5/08 Magic 101 Cleveland 86
3/17/08 Magic 104 Cleveland 90
2/11/08 Magic 111 Cleveland 118
11/14/07 Magic 117 Cleveland 116

I guess he means he doesnt see the Magic winning 6 games against them cause they have already won 3 of 4 this season. I know, I know the regular season doesnt mean anything to you Cavs fans....unless you are talking about how good you are at home then you want the regular season record to count. You are gonna be filling Lake Erie with your tears if you keep overlooking Orlando. The Cavs are not used to any post season pressure. The Magic have been grinding every other night for a month now. Watch out Mo. And thanks for motivating Dwight Howard. Perhaps you havnt seen him play when he is fully motivated. We might get to see a 30-20 game from d12 tonight.:cry:

Lakersfan2483
05-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Mo Williams needs to shut up and let his play on the court do the talking. It's funny how guys like Mo Williams and K. martin are providing all of the bulletin material, but you don't hear guys like Kobe, Lebron, Billups, etc.. making these type of statements because they know anything can happen and they believe in letting their "game" do all of the talking as opposed to running off at the mouth in front of news reporters.

Angel
05-22-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't think he's talking smack. I don't think the Magic can win the series either.

theuuord
05-22-2009, 03:50 PM
They're 8-1 in the playoffs. With everyone except LeBron and Varejao having an off night for Cleveland and the Magic running on all cylinders they were still a barely missed jumper away from a different ending.

I'd be cocky too.

magicbucs4eva
05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
lol i cant believe he said this!! what an idiot!! i hope the magic come out hot!!! shut him up

AIverson
05-22-2009, 03:56 PM
He can say whatever he wants.

This guy is a grown man, not one of your kids, so stop getting all upset over a ****in quote. Guys don't have to act the way you think they should.

Gup
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I will agree with Mo! i dont think Orlando can beat them

ragee
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
He was a no-show in Game 1 and now he talks smack. And remember when he picked himself in his Top 5 Clutch Shooters of all time? He shouldn't be talking, cuz he got nothing to back it up.

Yeah... I remember that... Freakin irritates me... NO Bird and Miller but MO is there... Wow... One arrogant SOB...

SeoulBeatz
05-22-2009, 04:13 PM
i mean i like the confidence but he cant talk in this case because the magic have owned the cavs this year, and Mo Williams did JACK **** last game.

Lebron needed help and no one stepped up, thats the cleveland team of old. Once all this "happy go lucky/picture snappin/ powder throwing" **** goes down the drain, we'll see how this cavs team does. they were taking their success for granted

Corey
05-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't like players making guarantees like this, but what he's saying is true. As a team, the Cavs have to be confident in that they will beat the Magic.

tcm746
05-22-2009, 04:40 PM
:clap::clap:how can u have an off night with 49 points....And when did cleveland become so concieted, we see in a couple of years when lebron leaves and there back to 4th place in the central division lmfao....

Anon
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm sorry does Mo Williams play for the Cavs?

superkegger
05-22-2009, 04:56 PM
It's fine to be confident in your team, but why give the Magic just that much more motivation?

I mean, they were only the 3rd team to beat you at home, the only team to score over 90 points on you and the only team to beat you in the playoffs so far. Why publicly diss them when you're down 0-1?

Fire Girardi
05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
of course the cavs will win this series and im not even a cavs fan

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2009, 04:59 PM
the replacement all star is getting beside himself.

Cubs Win
05-22-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm sorry does Mo Williams play for the Cavs?

Yes, he got traded to them from the Bucks in the offseason. Where have you been?

Cavsalltheway
05-22-2009, 05:17 PM
You guys are just mad because he is confident in his ability to play basketball . Yeah he had a bad game in game 1 but in the post game conference he took full blame . As bad as cleveland played they only lost by 1 point .

There is no way orlando can beat cleveland 4 out of 7 games ... NO WAY !!!

KnicksorBust
05-22-2009, 05:18 PM
I love Mo Williams. A cocky Billups wanna be. I can't wait to see how he responds in Game 2.

Oh and you guys are clowns if you think his Top 5 Clutch Shooters wasn't a joke. Come on, you seriously getting mad about that? :pity:

Cavsalltheway
05-22-2009, 05:20 PM
He didn't diss the magic . He just simply said he doesn't think they can beat them . What do you expect him to say " I think Orlando can beat us " ? Of course not !

k24magic
05-22-2009, 05:31 PM
He didnt diss the magic hes condifident in his team trust me we arent worried about him what has he done in his career besides crying about not being an all-star which in my eyes he isnt his team needs to win a game first before he starts to make guarantees

MiamiHeat
05-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Yes, he got traded to them from the Bucks in the offseason. Where have you been?

I think he was trying to diss Mo by saying that comment, meaning he didn't show up for Game 1 he was a no show.

or maybe he really didn't know he was on the Cavs lol

SeoulBeatz
05-22-2009, 05:36 PM
You guys are just mad because he is confident in his ability to play basketball . Yeah he had a bad game in game 1 but in the post game conference he took full blame . As bad as cleveland played they only lost by 1 point .

There is no way orlando can beat cleveland 4 out of 7 games ... NO WAY !!!

please save ur insecurities for elsewhere.

how do the magic have no chance against the cavs when they are winning the season series 3-1?

could you answer that please?

wadecounty305
05-22-2009, 05:37 PM
lets go magic!!

MagicDojo
05-22-2009, 05:43 PM
I will agree with Mo! i dont think Orlando can beat them

They already have....3-1 this season.
The Cavs have trouble beating Orlando at all and have struggled against Orlando for 3 years now.
We have the same kind of problem against Detroit. We just do not matchup well with them. We beat every team in the NBA except the pistons.
I knew all along that if we had Detroit in the 1st round it would be over for us just like the last few years and I think the Magic can beat Cleveland and go to the finals.

MagicDojo
05-22-2009, 05:45 PM
please save ur insecurities for elsewhere.

how do the magic have no chance against the cavs when they are winning the season series 3-1?

could you answer that please?

I keep saying this but the Cavs are blind to this stat and no one will answer that question. Tis OK though because the more they overlook us the more we win.

GO MAGIC!!!!

GoatMilk
05-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Cavs are cocky

did you see how they acted when he hit the 60 foot shot?
damn, they acted like he won the game

MagicDojo
05-22-2009, 05:48 PM
He can say whatever he wants.

This guy is a grown man, not one of your kids, so stop getting all upset over a ****in quote. Guys don't have to act the way you think they should.

We are grown men not one of your kids, so stop telling us what we are allowed to get upset about. Guys don't have to get upset about the things you think we should.

TheNewbster
05-22-2009, 05:51 PM
i'm just going to play devil's advocate and say that of course he's say this statement...would he say otherwise? No one is going to say "yea, I think they have a chance". sounds nice to say, but no one plays that humble...

Angel
05-22-2009, 06:04 PM
They already have....3-1 this season.
The Cavs have trouble beating Orlando at all and have struggled against Orlando for 3 years now.
We have the same kind of problem against Detroit. We just do not matchup well with them. We beat every team in the NBA except the pistons.
I knew all along that if we had Detroit in the 1st round it would be over for us just like the last few years and I think the Magic can beat Cleveland and go to the finals.

It doesn't matter. They were up 15 against the Magic at halftime in a game were the whole team was rusty from having 6 days off. The Magic are honestly lucky they have gotten this far but teams that rely on outside shooting as much as Orlando never get much further than they are now. They actually might not win another game but they should be happy about this season considering how far they got. Cleveland is 8-1 with an average margin of victory of 11 PPG. They had such an easy road so far I would say they thought they could just show up and beat Orlando. I expect a blowout win for the Cavs tonight.

Blah Blah Blah
05-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Confidence is a beautiful thing in moderation... Lebron needs to put his boy on a tighter leash.

Until Mo does something to help Lebron he needs to keep his mouth shut and enjoy his free ride

:clap:

Hoopsadvocate
05-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Wow i just lost a lot of respect for Mo he threw the ball at howard after howard was going for the ball and barely grazed him if at all. And after his comment here too.

jimbobjarree
05-22-2009, 09:06 PM
yeah, lost all respect, I hope somebody big takes him down hard at the rim, that will shut him up.

cmstophe
05-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Quit your whining guys. These are the pros.

_KB24_
05-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Mo Williams should seriously watch what hes doing. Lebron Is the Cavs and it will be how he plays which determines the outcome, not Mo's cocky *** words. I never liked they guy. After throwing the ball at Dwight, he should have got ejected. but not even a tech foul.

smith&wesson
05-22-2009, 10:15 PM
This series is going 7 games, no one knows whos gonna win... and me personally i think Mo's statemeant jsut makes it all more interesting and adds drama. i dont know about you guys, but im loving these play offs, and its getting more entertaining by the minute.
and things like this that mo and k mart say just stir up the pot even more, im loving this **** yo, loving it!! crazy playoffs!!

Kenny
05-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Mo Williams should seriously watch what hes doing. Lebron Is the Cavs and it will be how he plays which determines the outcome, not Mo's cocky *** words. I never liked they guy. After throwing the ball at Dwight, he should have got ejected. but not even a tech foul.

how the heck will it be how lebron plays.. the man right now is doing it all himself because nobody else wants to step up.. These other guys have to start doing something

junion
05-22-2009, 10:56 PM
i usually dont care or look too deep into what people say because theyre human, and they'll say things. usually other people, fans, etc are the ones who interpret it too much, but i think this one wasnt really a bet way to say it.

he was a no show in game 1, and his team hasnt won a game in the eastern conference finals yet.

he said that he doesnt see the magic winning four games.

what most players say is they dont see themselves losing four games.

there's a difference.

but i dont see the magic winning four games. the refs have lebron's balls bouncing on their tonsils too much to call traveling or fouls the way they're supposed to.

Lakergirl24
05-22-2009, 10:59 PM
I find it funny that Mo Williams is always on the defense when he hasnt done much in his career and had an awful game 1 in this series

A_Drizzle7
05-22-2009, 11:02 PM
i dont like it when people trash talk

Kakaroach
05-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I was gonna make fun of him, but he just knocked down 2 big shots. :mad:

S.J.Basketball
05-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Mo Williams could possibly eat those words tonight. Close game so far.

S.J.Basketball
05-22-2009, 11:22 PM
but i dont see the magic winning four games. the refs have lebron's balls bouncing on their tonsils too much to call traveling or fouls the way they're supposed to.

That was hilarious.

Kakaroach
05-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Mo Williams should eat his words. He had a horrid night even though he hit 2 big shots in the 4th quarter. Just proves my fact that he did not deserve to be an all-star.

cmstophe
05-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Mo Williams should eat his words. He had a horrid night even though he hit 2 big shots in the 4th quarter. Just proves my fact that he did not deserve to be an all-star.

Even the best have slumps. But he does need to step it up.

J-Relo
05-23-2009, 02:53 AM
Magic is insane in the end of the games... including first and second game... but if i was on the Cavs team and i had LEBRON in my team i would be pretty confident to say those things...

Denva4Life
05-23-2009, 03:15 AM
haha its sad i watch this game and all i can think about is mo doucher williams.... and i know its not his fault if they lose but all i can do is see his face when magic tied it ... took the lead ... luckily for mo they had the best player in the nba on his team ... wow clutch 3 right there for lebron ... now if i was lebron i would take mo back and tell him to "step your game up"

Giaps
05-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Another overrated player on the Cavs. Put Mo Williams on a team that does not have Lebron... is he an all-star?

Quick answer: no

Kakaroach
05-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Another overrated player on the Cavs. Put Mo Williams on a team that does not have Lebron... is he an all-star?

Quick answer: no x100 Just look at him on the Bucks.

tr4shb0t
05-23-2009, 12:22 PM
I used to like and respect Mo, but not after the way he has acted the last couple of months. His ego has gotten way too big and whenever he makes a shot he is extremely arrogant. He takes way too many shots per game now and he hopes he gets noticed. He has shown poor sportsmanship. Last night when he threw that ball at Dwight pretty much drew the line. This guy is a complete loser.

Jahari Kavi
05-23-2009, 12:31 PM
not that big of a deal imo.....nothing is wrong with saying the other team can't beat you...it happens all the time.

Jah king
05-23-2009, 12:47 PM
source: Sporting news (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_baseline/entry/view/24524/)
source: Nba.com (http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadid=5700037311)

is this guy serious here? Guy needs to learn to backup his talk before he makes comments like this.

another class act jailbird tattoo player.............longer off season could help you get more prison ink... Think about about it... Wouldnt you rather do that and hang out at strip clubs until the morning hours waving pistols with your boys..

Jahari Kavi
05-23-2009, 01:01 PM
another class act jailbird tattoo player.............longer off season could help you get more prison ink... Think about about it... Wouldnt you rather do that and hang out at strip clubs until the morning hours waving pistols with your boys..

this statement is ridiculous.

harm0n1x
05-23-2009, 01:10 PM
x100 I don't think anyone on PSD likes Mo Williams. :)

i happen to be wearing a mo williams jersey right now :clap:

superkegger
05-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Mo should really shut his mouth. It took a clutch as hell shot from LeBron to come out of there with that win.

Mo in the series so far:
13-40 shooting (3-14 from 3) for 36 total points, 10 assists, 4 to's.

That's less than a point per shot, that's terrible.

On the other hand, Lebron is 12-23 20-30

32-53 for 84 points. That's 1.6 point per shot, which is pretty effing good.

Mo should either shut his mouth, play better, or correct his statement to say that Orlando can't beat LeBron in a series.

Jays Claw
05-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Mo Williams thinks that the Magic can't beat the Cavaliers because he ha LeBron on his team.

Cavaliers - LeBron James = Losers.

Kakaroach
05-23-2009, 02:36 PM
i happen to be wearing a mo williams jersey right now :clap: Your a steelers fan in Cleveland......and I highly doubt you are wearing a Mo Williams jersey. That aside, he has a big mouth and it would help if decided to show up in this series.

Jays Claw
05-23-2009, 04:06 PM
We won't even hear a peep from Mo Williams if he wasn't traded from Milwaukee.

Denva4Life
05-23-2009, 04:17 PM
lol i dont care for the ***** talking ... but if its kobe, lebron, wade, dirk doing it ... they earned it but they dont ... well kobe's "you cant guard this" durin the rockets game was classic haha but also true... but off court they are class guys and thats why they are the best. but look at denver... if we do beat the lakes and go vs the cavs ... look at the key guys we had to go vs. ... chris paul (arg best pg in the league) dirk (arg best pf in the game) kobe (arg best player and sg in the game) than either dwight (best c in the game) or lebron (arg best player and sf in the game) haha if we win it ...we damn well deserved it haha

NoSense
05-24-2009, 07:49 AM
What's funny is that it's the role players (because compared to LeBron, that's what he is) that talk the most...Seriously behave like Kobe or LeBron or any other star player on any NBA franchise, stop talking, and play well...

Kakaroach
05-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Mo Williams did not have a good night tonight as well. Swallowing those words yet Mo?

*Superman*
05-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Is he still talking crap? Anthony messed his *** up!!!

EX-TREME
05-25-2009, 05:46 AM
:pity: atleast win a ring first before talking trash

azkarraga
05-25-2009, 06:05 AM
i didnt think the magic would win the series, either. but now i'm starting to think they gonna do it.

junion
05-25-2009, 06:35 AM
mo can talk. they'll end up winning the series anyway. you think stern will allow lebron to be eliminated? or would he rather allow lebron go 1-3, then pull one of the greatest comebacks in the world and take it 4-3?

NoSense
05-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Is he still talking crap? Anthony messed his *** up!!!

Yeah that's pretty cool. Don't see why he got a flagrant though..

Becks2307
05-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Mo Willams has been an EPIC FAIL this series...Lebron should be so pissed..All season he puts up these numbers as if he is a legit #2 man, only for the ECF to Roll around and Lebron sees it was all a facade.

DBR96A
05-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Pittsburgh and Denver are already high on the list of cities that give Cleveland sports fans blue balls, and maybe Orlando will soon join them. :D

Rocco007
05-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Mo Williams is believing all the hype the media writes..The truth is, this is their 1st bonafide opponent..Its a whole different Ballgame..

Kakaroach
05-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Mo Willams has been an EPIC FAIL this series...Lebron should be so pissed..All season he puts up these numbers as if he is a legit #2 man, only for the ECF to Roll around and Lebron sees it was all a facade. x2 Mo Williams decided to just disappear.

29$JerZ
05-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Talking smack when they haven;t dominated the Magic isn't smart. If not for a buzzer beater Cleveland would be down 3-1. Magic just match up well against them.

magichatnumber9
05-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I have been following the Cavs all year and I like this team, But Mo Williams is a dbag.

GodsSon
05-25-2009, 10:36 AM
like everyone else said, without that LBJ miracle shot they're down 3-0 in the series...players like Mo never learn, but you could see he's the type of player a la Kendrick Perkins who feel themselves too much and talk cause they have superstars on their team.

AllTheWay
05-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Mo seems to be backing up his ****.

Missing56&33
05-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Mo Willams has been an EPIC FAIL this series...Lebron should be so pissed..All season he puts up these numbers as if he is a legit #2 man, only for the ECF to Roll around and Lebron sees it was all a facade.

before the playoffs started a co worker and myself was discussing the Cavs and their chances of winning it all, I thought they would fall short, he felt they had enough to win it adding Mo Williams would be hugh in the playoffs.

You got good players and superstars. Lebron is the only superstar on that team. Mo Will, ZI, AV, WS, Ben Wallace :laugh2: JS.....enough said. To many unproven guys. Mo Willams never been on this stage and hes chocking. I like what AJ did to his eye. The magic didn't appreciate his comments.

{}
05-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Source: Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/24524/)
Source: NBA.com (http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700037311)

Is this guy serious here? Guy needs to learn to backup his talk before he makes comments like this.

Small man complex. The Cavs are in trouble when their 2nd alleged best player is a low IQ, scrawny, undersized PG with a disproportionate size head and bigger mouth. I understand now why Lebron hasn't committed to his future plans.

Missing56&33
05-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Small man complex. The Cavs are in trouble when their 2nd alleged best player is a low IQ, scrawny, undersized PG with a disproportionate size head and bigger mouth. I understand now why Lebron hasn't committed to his future plans.

And if that wasn't enough, Lebron has to take the time to show this chump how to shoot the ball(form) properly during a time out in a freakin playoff game in the ECF. :pity:

MagicDojo
05-25-2009, 04:29 PM
The cavs have the best player and the magic have the better team.

S.J.Basketball
05-25-2009, 04:37 PM
And if that wasn't enough, Lebron has to take the time to show this chump how to shoot the ball(form) properly during a time out in a freakin playoff game in the ECF. :pity:

Haha yea thats embarrassing. It's the conference finals and he's giving you tips on how to shoot the ball. Pathetic.

dsonLAL24
05-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Mo an all-star psh!!!!!

GHOSTSNIPER
05-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Haha yea thats embarrassing. It's the conference finals and he's giving you tips on how to shoot the ball. Pathetic.

What's more embarrassing is getting shooting tips from a guy that can't shoot!!!!!!

dodie53
05-25-2009, 09:15 PM
he's just confident coz LBJ has his back

lakerboy
05-25-2009, 09:35 PM
If I were LBJ I'd ***** slap this little ***** to shut him up

sphinxvc
05-25-2009, 09:57 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/05/25/williams.cavs.ap/index.html

"We're the best team in basketball," he said.

Really? The Cavaliers, winners of 66 regular-season games and their first eight straight in the playoffs, certainly haven't looked superior to the Orlando Magic.

They can't stop Dwight Howard inside. They can't contain Orlando's squadron of outside shooters. They are missing easy, open shots. They're not giving LeBron James enough support, and they trail 2-1 in the Eastern Conference finals.

Williams remains confident.

"They deserve respect," he said. "They are a good team. But we are the best team in basketball. I don't feel that they've had to adjust to us one time in the series."

So, Mo. You're sure the Cavaliers will win Game 4 on Tuesday night and rally to win the best-of-seven series. Willing to guarantee it?

"Guarantee we're going to win the series? Yeah, yeah," he said. "We are down 2-1. But there is nobody on this team and definitely not myself that says we are not going to win this series. Yeah, it is going to be tough. We know that. We get this game tomorrow, go home, still got home-court advantage.

"We don't see ourselves losing two out of three at home."

:puke:

Maximum 49
05-25-2009, 10:00 PM
He's becoming sucked up in the Cavs hype. I just can't see them winning this year with Mo as their second best player and Delonte as their third. The Magic have beat them in 10 of the past 14 games. I don't think it will happen unless Dwight picks up another tech and gets suspended for a game or two.

D_Rose1118
05-25-2009, 10:08 PM
he is pretty cocky for what he has done so far

_Sn1P3r_
05-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Kind of like what happened with KG and others after they won the ring. Imagine when he actually wins one though.

As a Cavs fan, you gotta love his confidence. But he has to start making shots and put pressure off of Bron.

magicbucs4eva
05-25-2009, 10:26 PM
at this point in the series the way he is struggling he just needs to shut up!! he doesnt deserve to say all this junk. hes an all-star bc jameer got hurt which is a sucky way to get in. and he looks average. hes a joke

lakers4sho
05-25-2009, 10:30 PM
:bla:

Becks2307
05-25-2009, 10:33 PM
LOL this dude is getting worse and worse

NBA_Starter
Not such a smart move!:(

Vinny642
I guarantee to be in the NBA, not as a player but something.

See what empty guarantees do???? Nothing

Vinny642
05-25-2009, 10:35 PM
He was cool in Milwalkee then I was cool with him in Cleveland but when he started complain not making the all star team until he did i lost alot of respect for him

Kabowdos
Keep guaranteeing stuff and putting more pressure on yourself. He should go hang out with JR Smith.

DQL
wtf Mo. I've just lost every bit of respect for you and the Cavs. I hope Orlando will beat you guys in 5

I officially jump into the Magic bandwagon. Go Magic!!

Embryo
05-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Can it just be 2010 already so the Knicks can have Lebron and be good again

nyyfan4life
05-25-2009, 10:54 PM
He needs to learn when to shut his mouth up. Adding more bulletin board material for a very good Orlando team isn't something that you'd want to do at this point especially when down in the series.

The crowd will be loud in game 4. The Magic will be ready especially after how the refs called game 3 and come out with lots of energy.

He just put tremendous amount of pressure on himself. And thats not a good thing when you are a slightly above average basketball player.

PhillyBoomerang
05-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Actions speak louder then words.. i will believe it when i see it.. right now Mo has been horrible in this series.. your a reason why cavs down 2-1.. stop yapping!

Kakaroach
He cannot keep his mouth shot even though he has contributed as much as Ben Wallace in this series. :pity:

Havoc Wreaker
http://www.nba.com/2009/playoffs2009/05/25/williams.cavs.ap/index.html

"We're the best team in basketball," he said.

Really? The Cavaliers, winners of 66 regular-season games and their first eight straight in the playoffs, certainly haven't looked superior to the Orlando Magic.

They can't stop Dwight Howard inside. They can't contain Orlando's squadron of outside shooters. They are missing easy, open shots. They're not giving LeBron James enough support, and they trail 2-1 in the Eastern Conference finals.

Williams remains confident.

"They deserve respect," he said. "They are a good team. But we are the best team in basketball. I don't feel that they've had to adjust to us one time in the series."

So, Mo. You're sure the Cavaliers will win Game 4 on Tuesday night and rally to win the best-of-seven series. Willing to guarantee it?

"Guarantee we're going to win the series? Yeah, yeah," he said. "We are down 2-1. But there is nobody on this team and definitely not myself that says we are not going to win this series. Yeah, it is going to be tough. We know that. We get this game tomorrow, go home, still got home-court advantage.

"We don't see ourselves losing two out of three at home."

:puke:

Correction, you may have the best player in the NBA, but without him, your team is a bunch of scrubs

Jacob K.
05-25-2009, 11:01 PM
whats he supposed to say?
ya the magic are better then us, and we dont think we'll win?!
for real guys? come on

MJ-BULLS
05-25-2009, 11:13 PM
no mo!!! just because he has the best player in the nba playing with him doesnt mean u can go and start saying Guarantee

what54!?
05-26-2009, 12:06 AM
mo willams has been playing in the ECF? When? I haven't seen him do ****

rocknraider
05-26-2009, 12:37 AM
I bet he'll shut up after this series is over.

JayW_1023
05-26-2009, 06:37 AM
Maybe Mo Williams is saying that to put some added motivation towards himself...so he can start hitting some shots.

Either way, when you are a buzzer beater away from being in a position to get swept, I'd say those haughty words of his are misplaced.

IBleedPurple
05-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Whether he has an open shot or is just opening his mouth to speak, Mo Williams has found a way to screw up both situations.....

theuuord
05-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Maybe Mo Williams is saying that to put some added motivation towards himself...so he can start hitting some shots.

That's how I see it. It's a clever way of calling himself out.

MagicBucsSox
05-26-2009, 12:41 PM
i just want the refs to let dwight play tonight and no more phantom calls on the DPOY. they say lebron was runnerup and i wanna kno y?, a bunch of blocks from behind? shey cant stop no one on orlando not even mickeal, like dude guards skip

MagicBucsSox
05-26-2009, 12:42 PM
orlando just play good in the 1st we will win keep delonte at his 11pts and mo round 15. big z and joe smith/pav are guys to watch

Free Throw
05-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Mo Williams was baited by a Florida news person into guaranteeing a win, like that was surprising, defiantly wrong though. He was basically asked if he thought the Cavs or Magic were going to win the series.

This road is going both ways, though, Gundy smack talks Cavs as much as possible during post game interviews, calling Mo and Ben babies, Turk criticized the Cavs for celebrating the game winning shot (Racking my brain to remember the last time a team won a game with a buzzer beater and DIDN'T celebrate).

I don't at all think Mo was right making these comments, it was a mistake, a bad one, it's just funny the Magic comments aren't getting much attention.

theimortalone
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Well, Mo your team is down 2-1. Hopefully you guys come back.

JaySmoke
05-26-2009, 03:27 PM
mo williams is a *****.. he cant back it up he might as well be speaking on lebron behalf.. mo and his big saturn size head :pity:

Jays Claw
05-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Mo Williams is a tool, he couldn't even guard Anthony Johnson properly.

BlinkManJan02
05-26-2009, 05:28 PM
for real guys? come on

that is very true. :clap:

Free Throw
05-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Mo Williams is a tool, he couldn't even guard Anthony Johnson properly.

So his black eye is due to playing defense incorrectly? :eyebrow:

JDizzle
05-26-2009, 05:45 PM
This will back fire in his face

Jays Claw
05-26-2009, 05:59 PM
So his black eye is due to playing defense incorrectly? :eyebrow:

I didn't say anything about Mo Williams getting a black eye because he can't guard Anthony Johnson.

I was just saying that he can't even put a body on Johnson and defend him with energy and yet he talks smack.

mrs rose
05-26-2009, 06:18 PM
oh my...
maybe this is why the bucks had issues with this guy, sounds like he is trying to hype his team up.. but why?? it doesnt make sense the magic will use this.. he is adding more fuel to the fire, and the cavs will lose this series i do believe. where is mr gibson, he was great when the cavs went to the finals before why isnt he playing? you have to wonder..

Free Throw
05-26-2009, 07:22 PM
oh my...
maybe this is why the bucks had issues with this guy, sounds like he is trying to hype his team up.. but why?? it doesnt make sense the magic will use this.. he is adding more fuel to the fire, and the cavs will lose this series i do believe. where is mr gibson, he was great when the cavs went to the finals before why isnt he playing? you have to wonder..

More fuel to the fire? I think both teams are adding fuel to the fire.

Mo especially, but the Magic have done it too.

Van Gundy talking smack about Mo and Ben in the post game interviews, I'm not saying he can't, it's just like, quit complaining about Mo guaranteeing a win if their coach is making fun of the Cavs players.

Turk making fun of the Cavs for celebrating a buzzer beater, yeah, next time Turk, or any other player makes a buzzer beater, for the win, and doesn't celebrate he can say something.
Heck, he was celebrating that shot he made in game 2, and it wasn't even over yet. :rolleyes:

mrs rose
05-26-2009, 08:05 PM
More fuel to the fire? I think both teams are adding fuel to the fire.

Mo especially, but the Magic have done it too.

Van Gundy talking smack about Mo and Ben in the post game interviews, I'm not saying he can't, it's just like, quit complaining about Mo guaranteeing a win if their coach is making fun of the Cavs players.

Turk making fun of the Cavs for celebrating a buzzer beater, yeah, next time Turk, or any other player makes a buzzer beater, for the win, and doesn't celebrate he can say something.
Heck, he was celebrating that shot he made in game 2, and it wasn't even over yet. :rolleyes:

yes he is..
he was a alternate all star player, and lets face it.. if it wasnt for lbj he no one would be talking about mo williams. ive learned great players dont have to be vocal, to prove they are great. this cavs team didnt face anyone. the pistons were old and washed. the hawks shouldnt have been there to begin with.. lucky d wade was a one man band down there in dade. so sweeping those two was a easy route. now with turk celebrating.. i dont blame the guy, it was a clutch SHOT.. lucky for the golden boy they gave him the longest second and the history of time to make that shot. nevertheless. it was a amazing shot. but mo? seriously he backs his words up with a medicore performance in the next game. medicore is too much btw it was a POOR performance.. leaving lbj to be the one man band. i was assuming mo was suppose to be the sidekick to lbj's greatness. this is all facts, i know you are a cleveland fan, and i dig it. but too mention turk smiling, after hitting the possible game winner is very sad on your part. he played a hell of a game and it seems like you guys dont have a answer for the magic in terms if being the favorite.. all games the magic has owned yall. rather it be a big comeback in the 3rd quarter.. games 1 and 2 on the ROAD BTW.. or the magic having guys like lee a rookie btw rise against the #1 seed in the east, and favorite to represent the east in the finals..
smh... we will see if mo can let his actions speak, and not his words...
cant wait for game 5...
if yall lose tonite it is OVER...

Free Throw
05-26-2009, 08:16 PM
yes he is..
he was a alternate all star player, and lets face it.. if it wasnt for lbj he no one would be talking about mo williams. ive learned great players dont have to be vocal, to prove they are great. this cavs team didnt face anyone. the pistons were old and washed. the hawks shouldnt have been there to begin with.. lucky d wade was a one man band down there in dade. so sweeping those two was a easy route. now with turk celebrating.. i dont blame the guy, it was a clutch SHOT.. lucky for the golden boy they gave him the longest second and the history of time to make that shot. nevertheless. it was a amazing shot. but mo? seriously he backs his words up with a medicore performance in the next game. medicore is too much btw it was a POOR performance.. leaving lbj to be the one man band. i was assuming mo was suppose to be the sidekick to lbj's greatness. this is all facts, i know you are a cleveland fan, and i dig it. but too mention turk smiling, after hitting the possible game winner is very sad on your part. he played a hell of a game and it seems like you guys dont have a answer for the magic in terms if being the favorite.. all games the magic has owned yall. rather it be a big comeback in the 3rd quarter.. games 1 and 2 on the ROAD BTW.. or the magic having guys like lee a rookie btw rise against the #1 seed in the east, and favorite to represent the east in the finals..
smh... we will see if mo can let his actions speak, and not his words...
cant wait for game 5...
if yall lose tonite it is OVER...

Sad on my part? I didn't really mean him specifically smiling, I still remember him hitting game winners before and popping his shirt, yelling things, and celebrating, and to be honest, I'm cool with him doing that, heck, I'd do it too if I made a game winner, it's fine and good to celebrate, the point is, he was making fun of the Cavs doing it, after doing it himself.

To be honest, even as a Cleveland fan I expected this series to go to 7 games, and I wasn't even sure Cleveland was going to win, with you guys just dethroning the Champs the Magic are playing great.

And I agree completely, for the first 3 games in this series, the Magic have owned us, the Cavs aren't playing team basketball.

what54!?
05-27-2009, 12:19 AM
3-1 magic up

:ouch: mo

Becks2307
05-27-2009, 12:25 AM
why all the hate for mo will lol
He hasn't been proven wrong yet ?
sure he is a knuclehead.... butt the magic havent won the series yet

mrs rose
05-27-2009, 12:26 AM
3-1 magic up

:ouch: mo

did u see his interview...
he was in tears..

superkegger
05-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Mo must feel like a real douche now.

That is why you don't make guarantees when you can't back them up.

_KB24_
05-27-2009, 12:41 AM
**** Mo Williams.His face was priceless after tonight's game. C'mon MAGIC one more GAME!

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 12:42 AM
This is what happens when you make all of these damn guarantees. Only game you should ever guarantee a victory for is a game 7.

mrs rose
05-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Mo must feel like a real douche now.

That is why you don't make guarantees when you can't back them up.

amen!!
KNOW YOU KNOW.. if me and YOU are on the same sheet of music something is wrong!
but yes i agree. that guy was in tears almost.. did u see the interview.. priceless!
*tears of a broken man*

championships
05-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Maybe Mo will be quite now? Can't talk then not back it up!!!

More-Than-Most
05-27-2009, 12:46 AM
for real guys? come on

How about nothing... Just say nothing. He is talking big while his game cant back it up. He is also a big reason why they are down 3-1. DON'T SAY ANYTHING. So tired of that being the excuse when a player gets to big for his britches and goes off with his mouth and ends up looking like a ******* and just adds pressure to an already combustible situation. Even if you are provoked by the media into the situation there are other things you can say... "This is going to be a great series and we are going to fight hard" They are a good team but we still believe we can come back" and the list could go on.

mrs rose
05-27-2009, 12:59 AM
how about nothing... Just say nothing. He is talking big while his game cant back it up. He is also a big reason why they are down 3-1. Don't say anything. So tired of that being the excuse when a player gets to big for his britches and goes off with his mouth and ends up looking like a ******* and just adds pressure to an already combustible situation. Even if you are provoked by the media into the situation there are other things you can say... "this is going to be a great series and we are going to fight hard" they are a good team but we still believe we can come back" and the list could go on.

so true...
Humble!! Be humble.. He added fuel to the fire...

QUICKTRADE
05-27-2009, 01:01 AM
its actually a karma for professing aor guaranteing a win so next time just be quiet and stay humble people ...LOL!

evadatam5150
05-27-2009, 01:02 AM
why all the hate for mo will lol
He hasn't been proven wrong yet ?
sure he is a knuclehead.... butt the magic havent won the series yet

As stated in the Cleveland thread - The thing is that when you talk like that then you should be able to back up what you say or be a part of the equation that can make it happen.. I don't expect any NBA player to lay over and play dead, but I also believe that you let your play do the talking for you or else you're just another over hyped media junky looking for attention in the media because you can't get it done on the court.. It's a classic put up or shut up scenario and Mo isn't putting up (5 for 15 tonight = .33% shooting)..

Cali4rnia
05-27-2009, 01:21 AM
who is MO? lol it should be labron saying that no mo.. mo aint no body

DJ CHACH
05-27-2009, 01:30 AM
LEbron for some reason has an effect on every guard he plays with....damon jones, boobie gibson and now Mo have all become cocky punks...i dont know why, they would be nothing if they didnt have lebron, not once did i hear pippen or kerr pull this kinda s"""t.....Every time the camera zoomed in on mo's face he had the look of a kid from another country during his first day of school in America. Not a good thing from your supposed 2nd option and a "ahem" 2009 All-Star guard.

i still cant believe the treatment lbj gets...Yeah, LBJ effect, the only guy in the League, besides DWade that can take 6 steps to the basket without a dribble and not get called for traveling, but get to go to the FT line. What a joke!

iluvsports2much
05-27-2009, 01:44 AM
mos been suckin **** all series...idk why he should be makin these guarantees...its been lebron vs. the magic in this series not cavs vs. magic...mo hasnt done **** so he should keep his mouth shut...he should let his actions on the court speak for him THEN he could talk...lebrons completely different,he could say anything he wants cuz he been showin on tha court he wants to win bad enough...

jiggajay23
05-27-2009, 02:13 AM
listen its simple, lebron and the cavs got cocky and underestimated the magic. Now theyre facing a 3-1 deficit going home. If lebron wants to prove that he has a little greatness in him hell carry his team back and win the series. Otherwise prepare to see magic vs. kobe because i sure as hell know kobe isnt gonna allow his team to lose, whichc is what lebron needs to develop(the killer instinct) before he wins that championship. Lebron shows no intensity, and if he did, hed be even more intimidating. we shall see what happens

kriviant
05-27-2009, 02:45 AM
nahhh this isn't Mo' Williams' fault. Clearly Lebron is cursed because of those nike puppet commercials.

kozzer
05-27-2009, 10:31 AM
What could Mo Will have said instead? How about "we're confident in ourselves and our ability and will do whatever it takes to win the title"?

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 10:34 AM
What could Mo Will have said instead? How about "we're confident in ourselves and our ability and will do whatever it takes to win the title"?

How about nothing until the series was tied or they were playing a game 7?

He started this when the Cavs were already down in the series.

kozzer
05-27-2009, 10:39 AM
How about nothing until the series was tied or they were playing a game 7?

He started this when the Cavs were already down in the series.That's even better! But a reporter did ask if he thought they could win the series.

DJ CHACH
05-27-2009, 11:51 AM
listen its simple, lebron and the cavs got cocky and underestimated the magic. Now theyre facing a 3-1 deficit going home. If lebron wants to prove that he has a little greatness in him hell carry his team back and win the series. Otherwise prepare to see magic vs. kobe because i sure as hell know kobe isnt gonna allow his team to lose, whichc is what lebron needs to develop(the killer instinct) before he wins that championship. Lebron shows no intensity, and if he did, hed be even more intimidating. we shall see what happens

sickkkkkkk

ragee
05-27-2009, 03:13 PM
amen!!
KNOW YOU KNOW.. if me and YOU are on the same sheet of music something is wrong!
but yes i agree. that guy was in tears almost.. did u see the interview.. priceless!
*tears of a broken man*

What happened in the interview?!!! I wanted to see that but I had to go somewhere!!!! Did someone asked him about his statement about the Magic not winning this series? Hahahaha....

Big Zo
05-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Funny how I never heard a peep out of Mo Williams when he was with the Bucks...

Vinny642
05-27-2009, 03:19 PM
That when he was cool and underrated

LA_Raiders
05-27-2009, 03:26 PM
lol. poor dreamer....

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Well he hasn't had a spectacular night in this series so far. Hopefully all this trash talk teaches him a lesson.

mjt20mik
05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
He said for sure Cavs would win game four. HE GOT OWNT!

IRUAM #21
05-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Mo Williams = Fail

still1ballin
05-27-2009, 07:06 PM
mo is a funny dood

nolin
05-27-2009, 07:07 PM
magic are in control of this series now. i dont think its over but lebron needs some help Mo needs to step up or shut up.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 07:14 PM
He said for sure Cavs would win game four. HE GOT OWNT!

Yep and generally speaking that is one of the games to win. If it goes to game 6 Orlando needs to get it for sure. If you can't win game 6 at home to close it out than I don't see how you will win game 7 on the road.

Jays Claw
05-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Mo Williams should rip a page out of Kobe Bryant.

"The Rockets are no kid team, they will play hard and I expect them to." - Kobe Byrant.

Jays Claw
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Mo Williams = Fail

No.

Mo Williams = Epic Fail.

IRUAM #21
05-27-2009, 10:28 PM
No.

Mo Williams = Epic Fail.

:up: