PDA

View Full Version : KMart: "If You Want LA Lakers vs Cleveland Finals, Go play NBA Live"

JordansBulls
05-22-2009, 01:29 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_12423273?source=commented-nuggets

"If they want to see that matchup, they can go play (the video game) NBA Live," Denver's Kenyon Martin barked after his Nuggets' 106-103 win Thursday night here, tying the Western Conference finals at 1-1. "Everybody has anointed Los Angeles as the Western champions and Cleveland as the Eastern champions. We're not going to lay down, by any means. If it's meant to be, then they're going to have to beat us. We're not going to give it away."

This reminds me of the 2006 season where mostly everyone wanted a Spurs vs Detroit rematch and where they ended up with the two best records at 64 and 63 and both teams failed to get to the finals because it was a lot of hype of them meeting again.

IBleedPurple
05-22-2009, 01:33 PM
While I don't like the "locker room material" that Kenyon is saying, I agree. I don't think it is best for the NBA to have the Lakers in another Finals. Smaller market teams need hope, and the Lakers have plenty of championships. Does it make business sense? Sure.

It probably all is for the better that it has already been predicted so heavily, as that just adds to the drama....

jkidd5
05-22-2009, 01:39 PM
haha. martin is crazy.

GREATNESS ONE
05-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Great Game, Cant wait for game 3.

KiLLA RAiDER
05-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Just gives us more reasons to play harder come saterday.

ManRam
05-22-2009, 01:55 PM
haha. martin is crazy.

Yeah, real crazy. I mean Orlando is up 1-0 and Denver has HCA. He's really talking out of his *** now.

He's right. It seems(ed) like the Finals have been set for weeks now, and everyone else was just an afterthought. There's a reason the playoffs are played. Denver and Orlando have to be frustrated with the hype LA and CLE are getting.

Plus, this is hardly poster board material. If you read everything he said, he's not even guaranteeing anything. He just said they're going to have to be us, they aren't going to roll over because of what everyone thinks and if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Nothing big here IMO.

Hawkeye15
05-22-2009, 01:57 PM
I hate Kenyon, but he is right. However, any true, knowledgeable fan knows, you can't predict what will happen. I thought Cleveland would win in 5. I think they win in 6 still, but it will be closer than I thought. I called Denver in 6, but I have them in 7 now.
And all of this could go to crap.
Martin should be saying this. He isn't McGrady, who when asked who will win it all, says the Lakers, even though "his" team is still in the playoffs.

still1ballin
05-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Keep talking Martin. Keep coming out with this cockyness. I hope the Lakers read this to add fuel for game 3. Keep it coming!

ManRam
05-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Keep talking Martin. Keep coming out with this cockyness. I hope the Lakers read this to add fuel for game 3. Keep it coming!

Yeah, this sounds real cocky...

"Everybody has anointed Los Angeles as the Western champions and Cleveland as the Eastern champions. We're not going to lay down, by any means. If it's meant to be, then they're going to have to beat us. We're not going to give it away."

He really crossed the line this time... :rolleyes:

This. Is. Not. Poster. Board. Material.

KmB728
05-22-2009, 02:03 PM
K-Mart speaks the truth :clap:

Missing56&33
05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I hate Kenyon, but he is right. However, any true, knowledgeable fan knows, you can't predict what will happen. I thought Cleveland would win in 5. I think they win in 6 still, but it will be closer than I thought. I called Denver in 6, but I have them in 7 now.
And all of this could go to crap.
Martin should be saying this. He isn't McGrady, who when asked who will win it all, says the Lakers, even though "his" team is still in the playoffs.

first off Kenyon and Mellow better leave Kobe alone....they makin him mad. No way Denver beats the Lakers at home in game 7 ....lucky they not down 2-0

carter15
05-22-2009, 02:08 PM
first off Kenyon and Mellow better leave Kobe alone....they makin him mad. No way Denver beats the Lakers at home in game 7 ....lucky they not down 2-0

it can just as easily be said that LA is lucky there not down 2-0

LAKERMANIA
05-22-2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_12423273?source=commented-nuggets

This reminds me of the 2006 season where mostly everyone wanted a Spurs vs Detroit rematch and where they ended up with the two best records at 64 and 63 and both teams failed to get to the finals because it was a lot of hype of them meeting again.

This actually reminded me of the 2008 NBA playoffs, where everyone wanted LA and Boston finals.... And then....... it happened.

macc
05-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Actually I'm kinda offended.

I would rather go play 2k9. 2k9 is waaaay better then Live 2009

still1ballin
05-22-2009, 02:12 PM

"Everybody has anointed Los Angeles as the Western champions and Cleveland as the Eastern champions. We're not going to lay down, by any means. If it's meant to be, then they're going to have to beat us. We're not going to give it away."

Martin is known for having a loud mouth and before the serious even started he kept talking trash how they were going to win the first two games. So this may not seem as cocky, but when you add up all his comments, you get fed up with it.

ManRam
05-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Seriously. Both games were one possession games. LA admitted themselves that they got lucky and won game 1. I think it more easily could be 2-0 Denver than 2-0 LA.

True story. Live is garbage.

LAKERMANIA
05-22-2009, 02:13 PM

:clap:

ManRam
05-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Martin is known for having a loud mouth and before the serious even started he kept talking trash how they were going to win the first two games. So this may not seem as cocky, but when you add up all his comments, you get fed up with it.

Wow. He thinks his team will win. Let's lock him up...

Wow. He's sick of all the attention the Lakers have gotten all year and the fact that Denver has been overlooked from day one. He really should just keep his mouth shut. :rolleyes:

Have any quotes about this series that prove his cockiness?

La11
05-22-2009, 02:15 PM
haha i love the quote...how many lakers fan are playing cleveland and lakers on nbalive right nw?

IndyRealist
05-22-2009, 02:21 PM

They don't have to play game 7 in LA if Denver wins in 6 :smoking:

It'll be amazing if all those Kobe/Lebron ads go to waste because neither made it to the Finals. Everyone is obviously trying to play up a rivalry between the two, in anticipating of Lakers/Cavs in the Finals. It's ridiculous, as ridiculous as it was for people to think the Cavs were going to sweep the Magic. Cleveland beat up on two of the softest teams to make the playoffs, and now they're facing real competition. LA should have lost to Houston anyway.

Hawkeye15
05-22-2009, 02:26 PM

well, if Melo continues to play Kobe even, the other guys are what matter. And Denver's other guys have been playing better than LA's other guys since the playoffs started.

Kakaroach
05-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Not Live K-Mart, 2K.....

bleedprple&gold
05-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Seriously. Both games were one possession games. LA admitted themselves that they got lucky and won game 1. I think it more easily could be 2-0 Denver than 2-0 LA.

Both were close games, both teams gave away a game after having a big lead. It could be 2-0 Denver, it could be 2-0 LA. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, doesn't matter. It's 1-1, end of story.

bogdanrom
05-22-2009, 02:47 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Lakers won the first game by one point also, so aren't the Lakers lucky they are not down 2-0? Also what does it matter what could have happen? It won't solve anything.Kenyon is coming off as being a little cocky in saying this, but he's not talking smack about the Lakers. It's not like Mo Williams saying Orlando has no chance against his Cavs. Also he has two strong points to back his statement. Nuggets have stolen home court advantage, and Magic is up 1-0 vs the Cavs.

bleedprple&gold
05-22-2009, 02:48 PM
LA should have lost to Houston anyway.

Why "should" they have lost. I don't think Yao would have made a difference in the two blowout losses...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-22-2009, 02:51 PM

That's not cocky... that's confidence...

Game reckonize game! Duh!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-22-2009, 02:54 PM

Lol... WE AINT SKEEERD!!

Let kobe be mad! in the words of Kenyon martin "it's better to be pissed off then pissed on"

Unruly Fan
05-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Kenyon Martin is a good motivator imo. And I agree with the comments on how Denver is being "looked over" in the desired LA and Cavs matchup - which is simply unfair. If its any indication that this is not true pick up the SLAM magazine on shelves right now (May 22, 2009), and tell me who's mugs are on the cover.

On a side note, I get the same aproximately the same numbers as LeBron James gets in real life playing as the Cavs in 2k9. 40+ points, at least 5 ast and rebs lol

theuuord
05-22-2009, 03:29 PM

lol, it may not even be you, but there is no justification for a Lakers fan getting upset about some trash talk, especially on this board.

You say ANYTHING anti-Laker and the brigade comes out to smite you. Hell, Laker fans trolled the entire Cavs-Magic game thread about how since the Lakers won game 1 and the Cavs lost that Kobe was better. God, talk about getting fed up... Someone did a search and found the times the word "Kobe" was said as almost twice as much as "Dwight." IN THE CAVS-MAGIC GAME THREAD!

K-Mart has the right to think his team is better. Lots of people do. I don't, but it's definitely arguable. This barely even qualifies as trash talk.

Lakersfan2483
05-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Kenyon Martin can say whatever he wants to say, the bottomline is the result, it's a 7 game series, the first team to 4 games. The series is tied 1-1, let's see what happens in Denver. I fully expect LA to win one of those games and take back the homecourt advantage. We will save the bragging rights when we beat Denver in this series.

SideWinder989
05-22-2009, 03:35 PM

yeah... that offended me too xD

R-H-C-P
05-22-2009, 03:40 PM
WHO IN THE BLUE HELL IS KENYON MARTIN?:shrug:

lakersrock
05-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, real crazy. I mean Orlando is up 1-0 and Denver has HCA. He's really talking out of his *** now.

He's right. It seems(ed) like the Finals have been set for weeks now, and everyone else was just an afterthought. There's a reason the playoffs are played. Denver and Orlando have to be frustrated with the hype LA and CLE are getting.

Plus, this is hardly poster board material. If you read everything he said, he's not even guaranteeing anything. He just said they're going to have to be us, they aren't going to roll over because of what everyone thinks and if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Nothing big here IMO.

He did guarantee they'd be up 2-0 at this point. If not for some shoddy calls, they'd be down 0-2.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-22-2009, 03:43 PM

Who in the "Blue hell" are you?? With you 15 posts....:eyebrow:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
He did guarantee they'd be up 2-0 at this point. If not for some shoddy calls, they'd be down 0-2.

Show me where he said "GUARENTEE" ANYWHERE in that interview!

ManRam
05-22-2009, 03:45 PM

Ok. So they call JR for running through the circle. Who's to say the Lakers score? The Nuggets dominate game 1. The Lakers hit some timely threes. They admitted that they got lucky they won. It's 1-1. It shouldn't be 2-0. It's 1-1. Get over it.

And show me the quote and I'll believe you.

DLeeicious
05-22-2009, 03:55 PM
I see nothing arrogant or cocky with what he said. I liked the way he worded things and I completely agree with him. Well done K-Mart.

G-Funk
05-22-2009, 04:01 PM
actually game 1 Nuggets got lucky that the refs didn't want to call the out off bounce by Billups and that vilolation on the jump ball during game 2.

Gup
05-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I see nothing arrogant or cocky with what he said. I liked the way he worded things and I completely agree with him. Well done K-Mart.

I agree!
i actually laughed out loud when i read what he said

Hawkeye15
05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
actually game 1 Nuggets got lucky that the refs didn't want to call the out off bounce by Billups and that vilolation on the jump ball during game 2.

and the Lakers got lucky that Martin got called for a bump out top on Kobe, and AC threw a simple pass away. Either team could be down 0-2

Sly Guy
05-22-2009, 04:19 PM
They don't have to play game 7 in LA if Denver wins in 6 :smoking:

took the words out of my mouth

bleedprple&gold
05-22-2009, 04:20 PM
and the Lakers got lucky that Martin got called for a bump out top on Kobe, and AC threw a simple pass away. Either team could be down 0-2

We could do this all day...refs should've called this, refs shouldn't have called that...its 1-1, its even...let's move on...

MiamiHeat
05-22-2009, 04:21 PM
:pity:
Im hoping your joking

but :laugh2: @ KMart's comment

USMCLaker
05-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Funny, Props to Kmart.

NYMetros
05-22-2009, 04:28 PM
What's the big deal? Should he have said he thought the Nuggets were going to lose?

Hawkeye15
05-22-2009, 04:30 PM
We could do this all day...refs should've called this, refs shouldn't have called that...its 1-1, its even...let's move on...

agreed, 100%. I was simply replying to a post. It is annoying the hear it should be this, or should be that, regardless of what series/year/outcome it is. It is what it is.

sp1derm00
05-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I like what K-Mart said.

However, I don't feel like they deserved to win Game 2, much like we didn't deserve to win Game 1. We won Game 1 by ourselves, they won Game 2 with refs calling every single flop Chauncey got off. Not very pleased, Denver didn't come back and win it, they were handed a win they didn't deserve.

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-22-2009, 04:33 PM

I hate people who argue this kinda crap.... calls have gone both ways so stop your crying Mark Cuban Jr. The refs are human, they make mistakes and they go both ways. Deal with it. Its what makes the game what it is. If they stopped after every play to look at a replay and make sure the correct call was made nobody would watch. Its 1-1 and going to Denver. Game 3 will no doubt be exciting to watch and should be a big statement game.

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-22-2009, 04:37 PM
I like what K-Mart said.

However, I don't feel like they deserved to win Game 2, much like we didn't deserve to win Game 1. We won Game 1 by ourselves, they won Game 2 with refs calling every single flop Chauncey got off. Not very pleased, Denver didn't come back and win it, they were handed a win they didn't deserve.

Just as I post we get another one of these. Good lord laker fans need to stop crying. You're almost getting as bad as Cuban honestly. Cuban cried foul on the refs when the Mavs lost to the Heat in 2006 and he did the same this year when they lost to the Nugs. Now a bunch of you Laker fans on here want to cry too. Maybe if LA made their free throws they could have won game 2 just like Denver would have won game 1 if they made theirs. Nobody is looking at the complete statline when they whine about the refs. If LA had taken care of business in other areas there would be no debate.

bleedprple&gold
05-22-2009, 04:41 PM
agreed, 100%. I was simply replying to a post. It is annoying the hear it should be this, or should be that, regardless of what series/year/outcome it is. It is what it is.

Yes, "should" is a b.s. excuse word...I don't care about what "should" have happened, I care about what "did" happen

superkegger
05-22-2009, 04:50 PM

Wow. He thinks his team will win. Let's lock him up...

Wow. He's sick of all the attention the Lakers have gotten all year and the fact that Denver has been overlooked from day one. He really should just keep his mouth shut. :rolleyes:

Have any quotes about this series that prove his cockiness?

Ok. So they call JR for running through the circle. Who's to say the Lakers score? The Nuggets dominate game 1. The Lakers hit some timely threes. They admitted that they got lucky they won. It's 1-1. It shouldn't be 2-0. It's 1-1. Get over it.

Kenyon has a big mouth. End of story. He got into a fued with Mark Cuban calling him a "****** mother ****er" and that "you better come to Denver *****. (http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/basketball/K-Mart_Calls_Cuban_Fa__ot_Mother____er_Dallas-Fort_Worth.html)

Then before the Lakers-Nuggets series he had this to say:

"We're going (there) to win both games," Martin said. "Not just going (there) to split. ... Ain't no stealing nothing. We're going to play to win. No matter if they have days off or not, we're going win." (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKN_RENEWED_NUGGETS_CAOL-?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

So yes, Kenyon has a big mouth and is cocky.

lakersrock
05-22-2009, 04:50 PM

or Melo knocking down Ariza or KMart throwing Gasol five feet off the court or that stupid kicked ball.....should I continue?

LA didn't get lucky. They fought every punch the Nuggets and refs could throw and stayed close enough to let the best player in the league win the game.

Hawkeye15
05-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Yes, "should" is a b.s. excuse word...I don't care about what "should" have happened, I care about what "did" happen

totally dude.

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2009, 04:52 PM
kenyon is a man, speaks his mind

TurKnicK
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
:clap: :clap: :smoking:

Fire Girardi
05-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Just as I post we get another one of these. Good lord laker fans need to stop crying. You're almost getting as bad as Cuban honestly. Cuban cried foul on the refs when the Mavs lost to the Heat in 2006 and he did the same this year when they lost to the Nugs. Now a bunch of you Laker fans on here want to cry too. Maybe if LA made their free throws they could have won game 2 just like Denver would have won game 1 if they made theirs. Nobody is looking at the complete statline when they whine about the refs. If LA had taken care of business in other areas there would be no debate.

yo dumbass, its not crying, btw who the hell cry bc there team just lost, no one does, nd plus la will win one in denver so it doesnt really matter and if its cuz of the refs then you denver fans will b sayin the same thing

Hawkeye15
05-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Kenyon has a big mouth. End of story. He got into a fued with Mark Cuban calling him a "****** mother ****er" and that "you better come to Denver *****. (http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/basketball/K-Mart_Calls_Cuban_Fa__ot_Mother____er_Dallas-Fort_Worth.html)

"We're going (there) to win both games," Martin said. "Not just going (there) to split. ... Ain't no stealing nothing. We're going to play to win. No matter if they have days off or not, we're going win." (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKN_RENEWED_NUGGETS_CAOL-?SITE=CAANR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

Kenyon is a douche, no doubt, I can not stand the guy. But he should say stuff like this when the media pushes non stop this LA-Cleveland series.

ManRam
05-22-2009, 05:02 PM
or Melo knocking down Ariza or KMart throwing Gasol five feet off the court or that stupid kicked ball.....should I continue?

LA didn't get lucky. They fought every punch the Nuggets and refs could throw and stayed close enough to let the best player in the league win the game.

For every bad call on the Lakers there's a bad call on the Nuggets. That's how it goes. I counted 6 bad calls going against the Nuggets in the first half. I counted only 2 really questionable ones in the second. I counted 1 questionable one against the Lakers in the first, and 7 in the second. I know it's just me...but I am not rooting for either team.

I HATE ref whining. It solves NOTHING. You are a Laker fan, you notice all the bad against the Lakers and forget the bad against the Nuggets.

What about the two bad calls on Melo trying to simple fight for position. What about Kobe knocking down Billups in the second, getting the rebound and pushing it down court for a basket?

It goes both ways. Get over it. It's 1-1 and it should be 1-1.

ManRam
05-22-2009, 05:05 PM

The Cuban thing iss different. Mark said something to his mom, and because of that, Dallas fans started verbally abusing every Nugget family member or friend in the building.

He's cocky. You can't be successful in the NBA without being cocky. He picked his team to win. WOW! Shocking. You want him to say the Lakers will sweep them at home? He didn't say anything rude, disrespectful, hurtful, dumb...anything. What's the big deal with saying your team will win?

Who cares? But thanks for actually showing me a quote.

superkegger
05-22-2009, 05:09 PM
The Cuban thing iss different. Mark said something to his mom, and because of that, Dallas fans started verbally abusing every Nugget family member or friend in the building.

He's cocky. You can't be successful in the NBA without being cocky. He picked his team to win. WOW! Shocking. You want him to say the Lakers will sweep them at home? He didn't say anything rude, disrespectful, hurtful, dumb...anything. What's the big deal with saying your team will win?

Who cares? But thanks for actually showing me a quote.

I never said there was anything wrong with it, but Kenyon talks, a lot. When sometimes it's just not warranted. It's fine to have confidence in yourself, but Kenyon has long had a big mouth, and for accomplishing so little in his career, he should have a little more reservation about what he comes out and says publicly. That's all.

ManRam
05-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I never said there was anything wrong with it, but Kenyon talks, a lot. When sometimes it's just not warranted. It's fine to have confidence in yourself, but Kenyon has long had a big mouth, and for accomplishing so little in his career, he should have a little more reservation about what he comes out and says publicly. That's all.

Never accomplished anything? All rookie first team, two time ECF champion, all-star, college basketball national player of the year, 1st overall draft pick, career 14/7 player, 16/8 in the playoffs. He's dealt with a ton of injuries severely hindering his play. He was a 17/10 player before injuries really took over.

Yes, he's very outspoken, but lately he hasn't been as bad. I have no problems with how he reacted to the Cuban thing. I do have a problem with how he mocked Alonzo's Kidney disease. He sincerely apologized for that and since then, he's been much less of a problem off the court, and turned into an amazing defender.

This is such a non-story it isn't even funny.

fairandbalanced
05-22-2009, 05:28 PM
He may be right...........after 2 games, I can boldly say Denver is the better team.

ALQ20
05-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Laker fans are bigger douches than Yankee fans

and you like to touch yourself @ night.

championships
05-22-2009, 05:36 PM

:up:

superkegger
05-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Never accomplished anything? All rookie first team, two time ECF champion, all-star, college basketball national player of the year, 1st overall draft pick, career 14/7 player, 16/8 in the playoffs. He's dealt with a ton of injuries severely hindering his play. He was a 17/10 player before injuries really took over.

Yes, he's very outspoken, but lately he hasn't been as bad. I have no problems with how he reacted to the Cuban thing. I do have a problem with how he mocked Alonzo's Kidney disease. He sincerely apologized for that and since then, he's been much less of a problem off the court, and turned into an amazing defender.

This is such a non-story it isn't even funny.

He was drafted #1 in possibly the worst draft class over the past 15 years at least. Making that rookie team, with Mike Miller, Marc Jackson, Mo Pete, and Darius Miles is nothing to brag about.

Yes, he made it to the finals twice before, in a very weak Eastern Conference.

His career is no pinacle of excellence. He's a decent starter for a good team.

I'm just saying, he talks too much. I guess he feels he has to uphold his "tough guy" rep or something. He's saying things he doesn't need to. Is it a non issue? Probably, but Kenyon is going to continue to open his mouth, it's going to continue to be an issue, because he is so outspoken.

Dynasty
05-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Ahh. The K-Mart of the good ol' Nets days..Gotta love his confidence...I'm rootin' for ya!

championships
05-22-2009, 05:42 PM

Ouch! Now thats hitting below the belt little one.

Dynasty
05-22-2009, 05:44 PM
He was drafted #1 in possibly the worst draft class over the past 15 years at least. Making that rookie team, with Mike Miller, Marc Jackson, Mo Pete, and Darius Miles is nothing to brag about.

Yes, he made it to the finals twice before, in a very weak Eastern Conference.

His career is no pinacle of excellence. He's a decent starter for a good team.

I'm just saying, he talks too much. I guess he feels he has to uphold his "tough guy" rep or something. He's saying things he doesn't need to. Is it a non issue? Probably, but Kenyon is going to continue to open his mouth, it's going to continue to be an issue, because he is so outspoken.

K-Mart was a poor mans KG before his huge injury. His hustle, defense and passion for the game shows it. It was his injury that slowed him down for the last couple of years, but he is a great player.

championships
05-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Martin is over rated by some. J. Kidd made Martins career in Jersey. What has he done since?

theuuord
05-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Martin is over rated by some. J. Kidd made Martins career in Jersey. What has he done since?

He had serious knee injuries and has since begun to rejuvenate his career.

bleedprple&gold
05-22-2009, 06:06 PM

Steelers fans are douches. Look I can resort to name calling too...how mature am I??

Denva4Life
05-22-2009, 06:24 PM

well laker fans want to make this poster board material because they know lakers need something else to beat the nuggets ... not just the "talent" or the best player in the league ...they need not a choker as in gasol.

Denva4Life
05-22-2009, 06:25 PM

haha you are acting like there will be a game 7... haha

mrblisterdundee
05-22-2009, 06:37 PM
His comment makes sense. Denver's arena is a raucous place. Also, the high altitude training of the Nuggets should give them a tad bit more energy than the Lakers. Maybe the Denver fans will put up rape posters to mess with Kobe's head; maybe she can do a striptease at halftime.

Denva4Life
05-22-2009, 06:37 PM

he says they are going there to win two games.... there mentality is to win both games... not to just win one.... come on that isnt ***** talking .... its confidence and thier mind set...

lakersrock
05-22-2009, 06:43 PM
For every bad call on the Lakers there's a bad call on the Nuggets. That's how it goes. I counted 6 bad calls going against the Nuggets in the first half. I counted only 2 really questionable ones in the second. I counted 1 questionable one against the Lakers in the first, and 7 in the second. I know it's just me...but I am not rooting for either team.

I HATE ref whining. It solves NOTHING. You are a Laker fan, you notice all the bad against the Lakers and forget the bad against the Nuggets.

What about the two bad calls on Melo trying to simple fight for position. What about Kobe knocking down Billups in the second, getting the rebound and pushing it down court for a basket?

It goes both ways. Get over it. It's 1-1 and it should be 1-1.

A bad call at the beginning of the 1st and a bad call at the end of the 4th is totally different. I had hoped you knew that.

BTW, I guess you missed me say multiple times it wasn't fair in Game 1 for Denver to let them pound Kobe in the lane the entire game and then call it in the last two minutes. I guess that's just me missing them though.

lakersrock
05-22-2009, 06:44 PM
he says they are going there to win two games.... there mentality is to win both games... not to just win one.... come on that isnt ***** talking .... its confidence and thier mind set...

Did you miss the part where he said "we're gonna win"? I guess so since you think that's not what he said.

tsb77
05-22-2009, 06:52 PM
His comment makes sense. Denver's arena is a raucous place. Also, the high altitude training of the Nuggets should give them a tad bit more energy than the Lakers. Maybe the Denver fans will put up rape posters to mess with Kobe's head; maybe she can do a striptease at halftime.

:laugh: Yeah, is Kobe still even allowed in Colorado?

GCOOKIE7
05-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Why are Laker fans getting upset? Kenyon didn't talk any ****. All he said was some cliche bs. Go put your diapers on Laker fans.

championships
05-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Did you miss the part where he said "we're gonna win"? I guess so since you think that's not what he said.

Its funny how they say he is just being confident. When a Laker fan says anything remotely close to this, we are just arogant cocky pricks. If somebody posted the Lakers were gonna win both games in Denver all the haters would come crying

Denva4Life
05-22-2009, 07:09 PM

i dont care... series is only 1-1 .... not even close to over. Great teams, and great players say if we need motivation to beat someone, we dont deserve to win to begin with. now you laker fans can take that and spin it all you want

Denva4Life
05-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Its funny how they say he is just being confident. When a Laker fan says anything remotely close to this, we are just arogant cocky pricks. If somebody posted the Lakers were gonna win both games in Denver all the haters would come crying

no one would care...lol. You wouldnt hear kobe, phil jackson, lebron, or even mj say anything like this. they would say "we are going there with the mind set we are going to win or what not" just like kmart said.

championships
05-22-2009, 07:26 PM
no one would care...lol. You wouldnt hear kobe, phil jackson, lebron, or even mj say anything like this. they would say "we are going there with the mind set we are going to win or what not" just like kmart said.

:bla: Your right. No one would care, no one would say anything or create a thread about it. Sure dude. Those other guys wouldn't say anything like K-mart does

MrBloop
05-22-2009, 07:58 PM
This guy was called "Fugazy" for a reason.

Denva4Life
05-22-2009, 10:52 PM
:bla: Your right. No one would care, no one would say anything or create a thread about it. Sure dude. Those other guys wouldn't say anything like K-mart does

haha stop takin this so personally, you just like la... just like Bill fatschke are in a panic..... its even ... lets get thru denver and see what happens.

Lakergirl24
05-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Kenyon Martin needs to just shut is mouth. Hes done nothing in his career to back up all the trash talk. Guy made it to the finals with New Jersey only to get demolished by the Lakers and then got swept last year by the Lakers. I guess if he'd actually done something in his career, then he'd have room to talk.

S.J.Basketball
05-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Haha yea there's nothing wrong with what Kmart said, but picturing him talking and saying it in his cocky punk tone makes me want to take a 2 x 4 to his mouth.

Wilson
05-22-2009, 11:57 PM
While I don't like the "locker room material" that Kenyon is saying, I agree. I don't think it is best for the NBA to have the Lakers in another Finals. Smaller market teams need hope, and the Lakers have plenty of championships. Does it make business sense? Sure.

It probably all is for the better that it has already been predicted so heavily, as that just adds to the drama....

I hate that phrase, especially at this point in the season. I feel that if you need stuff like that to motivate you, you don't need to be in the play-offs.

You've gotta love this though! No-one said these teams had to be in love with each other, and I like to hear some talk from them. As I've said a few times now, hopefully the refs allow some physicality the rest of the way, there's nothing wrong with a bit of tough defense.

Wilson
05-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Haha yea there's nothing wrong with what Kmart said, but picturing him talking and saying it in his cocky punk tone makes me want to take a 2 x 4 to his mouth.

Sorry to get off-topic, but that's an awesome picture in your sig :D You got a bigger version of it?

SwaggaIke
05-23-2009, 01:40 AM

If the Lakers need Martin's talk to fuel them then they don't deserve to see the Finals again.

GspLAL
05-23-2009, 01:49 AM
haha stop takin this so personally, you just like la... just like Bill fatschke are in a panic..... its even ... lets get thru denver and see what happens.

English? and there's no panic here at all, we're still gonna beat you and eliminate you.

borat
05-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Yeah I agree with Martin about Cleveland being anointed but not the lakers. Many predicted the nuggets would advance before the series started based on the lakers play against the rockets. Big difference.

BlinkManJan02
05-23-2009, 02:43 AM

hahaha. i like the 2K series better too.

J-Relo
05-23-2009, 02:50 AM
i see nuggets in the finals... i guess cause Lakers needed 7 games to beat Rockets...

Iron24th
05-23-2009, 03:12 AM
K-mart = what a freakin punk

Lebron23
05-23-2009, 04:14 AM
Yeah I agree with Martin about Cleveland being anointed but not the lakers. Many predicted the nuggets would advance before the series started based on the lakers play against the rockets. Big difference.

Stop being a Homer!!!!

ESPN Analysts predicted that the Lakers are going to advance in the NBA Finals this year after Andrew Bynum returned last month.

Even last year they predicted that the Lakers would beat the Celtics in the NBA Finals, but the Celtics destroyed them in their own Home Court.

Game_Over
05-23-2009, 04:49 AM
K-mart = what a freakin punk

What has Kmart done exactly to be a punk?? He has a cleaner slate that your Kobe!!

AIsixersFK
05-23-2009, 05:04 AM
first off kenyon and mellow better leave kobe alone....they makin him mad. No way denver beats the lakers at home in game 7 ....lucky they not down 2-0

fail

Iron24th
05-23-2009, 05:34 AM
What has Kmart done exactly to be a punk?? He has a cleaner slate that your Kobe!!

If you talk about the colorado case,come on man,be classy.

I love haters like you :rolleyes:

Game_Over
05-23-2009, 05:57 AM
If you talk about the colorado case,come on man,be classy.

I love haters like you :rolleyes:

I am just asking what has Kmart done to be a "punk" and you never answered that?? I think Kobe was innocent in the "colorado" case but fact still is he has more baggage than Kmart so point being quit calling him a punk!!

Bulls_fan90
05-23-2009, 06:22 AM
If David Stern wants a lakers Vs Cavs final....then its going to happen.

Philly76
05-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Well I want Nuggets - Cavs final.. and it's gonna happen.. :)))

DenButsu
05-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Martin is known for having a loud mouth and before the serious even started he kept talking trash how they were going to win the first two games.

Actually, no he didn't. His words were only taken that way by people who I will give the benefit of the doubt and assume deliberately misinterpreted them because they were Lakers fans who were fishing for nonexistent bulletin board material.

Much like this, too, amounts to little more than "Don't count us out yet."

If you want to hate Kenyon Martin, then why don't you all just say, "I hate Kenyon Martin for who he actually is!" instead of trying to distort his words and portray them as something they're not? It would be much more honest of you to do so, really.

azkarraga
05-23-2009, 08:47 AM

lol

i cant wait for game 3

GHOSTSNIPER
05-23-2009, 09:16 AM
K Mart went out of business a long time ago...see you cats at Targeh!!

DenButsu
05-23-2009, 09:21 AM
More shocking and appalling cocky thuggy punkishness from Kenyon (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Nuggets_go_home_with_regrets.html):

“We played hard, but we didn’t play smart,” Martin said. “So I feel if we would’ve (done) that like we did last night it would’ve been a different outcome in Game 1. But who’s to say? It didn’t happen that way so we’ll take the split, go home and try to get both of those.”

And even worse (http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12431494):

"They're a good team and they can come in our building and get both games if we don't show up and play," Martin said. "So, we've got to be on our 'A' game."

Man, what a ****ing ***hole this guy is. :pity:

What kind of thug baller actually has the audacity to try to win games?

:no:

What kind of punk actually has the gall to pay respect to how dangerous his opponent is?

:puke:

Forget about it. K-Mart is despicable. That's all there is to it.

jimbobjarree
05-23-2009, 10:01 AM
I dont see the Lakers winning in denver, they just dont have the mettle, I can see it being 3-1 Nuggets going back to Staples.

and if they do, it will take a Kobe Bryant wondershow, like the one he did game 4 against the Jazz, but after watching Melo at both ends of the floor so far, I doubt Kobe will repeat that performance

DMessina508
05-23-2009, 10:48 AM
hes right... i think the nuggets and orlando might take it because there both 1-1 going home

Pharoe18
05-23-2009, 11:09 AM
i love that.

theimortalone
05-23-2009, 12:27 PM
VERY BOLD STATEMENT BY K-MART. I like it!

Jah king
05-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Krap mart is a flat out butt hole... Go get some more trailer park tattoos

SwaggaIke
05-23-2009, 12:54 PM
As much as I want the Lakers to lose, Denver will most likely surrender a game at the Pepsi Center. W/ my theories on the NBA as a whole, I just don't see a Cleveland v.s L.A Finals not happening. I swore to my boys yesterday before Hedo's go ahead shot that if Cleveland didn't win that game I would never watch an NBA game again.

Blah Blah Blah
05-23-2009, 01:10 PM
As much as I want the Lakers to lose, Denver will most likely surrender a game at the Pepsi Center. W/ my theories on the NBA as a whole, I just don't see a Cleveland v.s L.A Finals not happening. I swore to my boys yesterday before Hedo's go ahead shot that if Cleveland didn't win that game I would never watch an NBA game again.

I do agree with the lakers winning at the pepsi center and thus winning the series in six prolly which obviously means two wins in Denver for the LAL. I do not believe the CAVS are gonna make it tho cuz Im lookin at a 3-1 series lead coming back to CLE including at least one blowout by ORL on their own homecourt. With all of ORL shooters and playmakers, I just don't see the CAVS keeping up with that and LeBron is NOT going to be able to just score the CAVS to victory. They should be up 2-0 on ORL rite now but are not. Do not be suprised to see a Lakers-Magic Finals.

SwaggaIke
05-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I do agree with the lakers winning at the pepsi center and thus winning the series in six prolly which obviously means two wins in Denver for the LAL. I do not believe the CAVS are gonna make it tho cuz Im lookin at a 3-1 series lead coming back to CLE including at least one blowout by ORL on their own homecourt. With all of ORL shooters and playmakers, I just don't see the CAVS keeping up with that and LeBron is NOT going to be able to just score the CAVS to victory. They should be up 2-0 on ORL rite now but are not. Do not be suprised to see a Lakers-Magic Finals.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Orlando could beat Cleveland. But like I said w/ my personal theories on the league...I don't think Stern will let it happen. They have put millions into marketing L.A and Cleveland, Kobe and Bron. Everyday there is a new puppet commercial, Kobe Doin Work, 23 v.s 24 special just the other day before LA/Denver game 1. The NBA will work tirelessly to get their two golden children to the promised land.

Baller1
05-23-2009, 01:21 PM
More shocking and appalling cocky thuggy punkishness from Kenyon (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Nuggets_go_home_with_regrets.html):

“We played hard, but we didn’t play smart,” Martin said. “So I feel if we would’ve (done) that like we did last night it would’ve been a different outcome in Game 1. But who’s to say? It didn’t happen that way so we’ll take the split, go home and try to get both of those.”

And even worse (http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12431494):

"They're a good team and they can come in our building and get both games if we don't show up and play," Martin said. "So, we've got to be on our 'A' game."

Man, what a ****ing ***hole this guy is. :pity:

What kind of thug baller actually has the audacity to try to win games?

:no:

What kind of punk actually has the gall to pay respect to how dangerous his opponent is?

:puke:

Forget about it. K-Mart is despicable. That's all there is to it.

I agree man. K-Mart gets way too much **** for no reason. I really like this guy.

Sports Illustrator
05-23-2009, 01:23 PM
LOL go play NBA Live, that's great.

Personally, I think comments like these makes basketball more fun. At the same time though, that is not classy of Kenyon Martin's part at all.

Blah Blah Blah
05-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, I do think Orlando could beat Cleveland. But like I said w/ my personal theories on the league...I don't think Stern will let it happen. They have put millions into marketing L.A and Cleveland, Kobe and Bron. Everyday there is a new puppet commercial, Kobe Doin Work, 23 v.s 24 special just the other day before LA/Denver game 1. The NBA will work tirelessly to get their two golden children to the promised land.

:clap:

Unfortunately thats wuts gay about the NBA. Just like last year when Stern essentially made it a Lakers-Celtics Finals.

rapswin98
05-23-2009, 06:56 PM
even though i hate him, hes right. everyone wants to see kobe vs lebron in the finals including me but its starting to get really annoying now, especially if your playing against both of them.

Iron24th
05-23-2009, 08:02 PM
I am just asking what has Kmart done to be a "punk" and you never answered that?? I think Kobe was innocent in the "colorado" case but fact still is he has more baggage than Kmart so point being quit calling him a punk!!

He's arrogant and classless without have done nothing in this league,that's why he's a punk.

Another question?

Jays Claw
05-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Kenyon Martin needs to let his game talk for him.

Surprisingly he has. :rolleyes:

Jays Claw
05-23-2009, 08:12 PM
The only game Kenyon Martin plays is Barbie cooking with his mom.

Fool
05-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Bla bla bla, I'm a tough guy, bla bla bla.... is all I ever hear out of KMart.

Game_Over
05-23-2009, 08:16 PM
He's arrogant and classless without have done nothing in this league,that's why he's a punk.

Another question?

So he's like Lakers fan?

Kakaroach
05-23-2009, 08:19 PM
I agree man. K-Mart gets way too much **** for no reason. I really like this guy. x2 He gets too much **** but the Birdman and J.R. Smith on the other hand don't. Remember the brawl in MSG and getting busted for weed? I dunno K-Mart receives more **** than those guys, he seems like a cool guy.

Deezy Dee 24
05-23-2009, 08:20 PM
hahahahaha oh man funny as hell

NYtilIdie
05-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Really how do you take a guy who has two big red lips tatted on his neck serious? K-Mart has just gotten lucky his whole career hes just a okay player with a great PG that makes him think he's better then he really is. He really needs to shut up and play ball and stop running his mouth cause I hate scrubs who run their mouth thats what made me turn my back on the C's this year.

Iron24th
05-23-2009, 10:06 PM
So he's like Lakers fan?

Update : since denver is in WCF for 1st time since 24 years,they're way more arrogants then Lakers fans,way to go fellas!

Vinny642
05-23-2009, 10:14 PM
y nba live, 2k9 is better!

DenButsu
05-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Update : since denver is in WCF for 1st time since 24 years,they're way more arrogants then Lakers fans,way to go fellas!

:laugh2: To dream... the impossible dream...

Seriously. I see a LOT of Lakers fans talking a LOT of **** about Nuggets players (like we're seeing in this thread) more than they're talking up their own team. From Nugs fans? I don't see it so much. A few people, but not en masse in the same way.

I have yet to see one Laker fan post a legit reason why they think K-Mart is a thug, even though they've been asked to by Nugs fans again and again.

Vinny642
05-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Nuggets fans are way more cooler and not d!ckhead then Lakers

Kakaroach
05-23-2009, 10:40 PM
y nba live, 2k9 is better! :laugh2: That is exactly what I said. And yea I agree with Den. At least I had some reasons for bashing some of em.

Vinny642
05-23-2009, 10:45 PM
They did comparisons with graphics for NBa 2k9 NBA Live and NBA 09, 2k were they best then Live, NBA 09 SUCKED

blacknell
05-23-2009, 11:06 PM
tell k mart to shut his mouth

still1ballin
05-23-2009, 11:58 PM
What Kenyon? What is that you say? I can't hear you, you have to speak a bit louder? Huh? What?

DenButsu
05-24-2009, 12:45 AM
What Kenyon? What is that you say? I can't hear you, you have to speak a bit louder? Huh? What?

And there you go again.

Gibby23
05-24-2009, 01:06 AM
And there you go again.

Whats it to you, he is keeping it on topic with the thread and basically saying what Kenyon said was stupid. Why do you keep making comments on his posts. Grow up dude, and quit harassing the guy. He isn't even talking to you, act like a Mod. I didn't know MOD's were allowed to bait....

Kenyon can play NBA live tonight and see what he did wrong. He can use himself and shoot ugly bricks.

S.J.Basketball
05-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Kenyon can play NBA live tonight and see what he did wrong. He can use himself and shoot ugly bricks.

LoL

Lakersfan2483
05-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Keep talking Kenyon, it just fires us up!

KB24PG16
05-24-2009, 01:31 AM
i think what he meant was that los angeles was going to win but they were going to play orlando

Er1c
05-24-2009, 02:06 AM
And there you go again.

this is kinda off topic but do you like to eat rice?

DenButsu
05-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Whats it to you, he is keeping it on topic with the thread and basically saying what Kenyon said was stupid. Why do you keep making comments on his posts. Grow up dude, and quit harassing the guy. He isn't even talking to you, act like a Mod. I didn't know MOD's were allowed to bait....

First of all, I'm not harassing or baiting anybody, and you're stepping into the middle of a conversation that's not limited to this thread.

Secondly, if people are going to have all these threads bashing K-Mart, then I will sure as hell be here to check what people are posting, and to correct them where they're mistaken. All this phony hype that's been generated by Lakers fans about how "classless" K-Mart is, or what a "thug" he is, is far, far, FAR more ridiculous than anything Kenyon himself has said.

Pointing that out isn't baiting. It's just rationality in the face of mindless bashing. And good old fashioned sticking up for my team.

Er1c
05-24-2009, 02:08 AM
martin is a punk

Vinny642
05-24-2009, 02:09 AM
not a punk just annoying.

Statik1
05-24-2009, 04:43 AM
The dood has red lips tated on his neck....... need I go any further........... K-mart $.99 weekly special (as I call him) has always hated the Lakers ever since they did him in the finals when he was with New Jersey.

montazingmvp
05-24-2009, 05:06 AM
nothing more entertaining then a bunch of e-nerds talking smack about an nba player...

whom is infinitely richer and infinitely more talented then all of you put together...i'm not even a fan of the guy...but c'mon...

stay classy folks

NoSense
05-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Instead of running his mouth, he should get his head in the game, and start the talking when they'll be in Orlando or Cleveland come June...

Vinny642
05-24-2009, 07:35 AM
nothing more entertaining then a bunch of e-nerds talking smack about an nba player...

whom is infinitely richer and infinitely more talented then all of you put together...i'm not even a fan of the guy...but c'mon...

stay classy folks

this isnt to me is it?

Iron24th
05-24-2009, 08:06 AM
:laugh2: To dream... the impossible dream...

Seriously. I see a LOT of Lakers fans talking a LOT of **** about Nuggets players (like we're seeing in this thread) more than they're talking up their own team. From Nugs fans? I don't see it so much. A few people, but not en masse in the same way.

I have yet to see one Laker fan post a legit reason why they think K-Mart is a thug, even though they've been asked to by Nugs fans again and again.

Go to the Lakers forum Den,and you'll see your teamates nuggs fans baiting :eyebrow:

Trouble87
05-24-2009, 08:52 AM
I love K-Mart for that comment but he shouldnt want to give the Lakers any reason to have to prove a point

JDizzle
05-24-2009, 02:32 PM
like the comment.. wanna see the nuggets win.. but i dont think it will happen kobe is just amazing