PDA

View Full Version : Jameer Nelson MAY come back!!!

Hoopsadvocate
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Injured Orlando Magic point guard Jameer Nelson desperately wants to return to action and told NBA TV that it was a possibility, but general manager Otis Smith shot down that idea today.
Advertisement

Do Wrinkle Creams Work?Learn the Secret Wrinkle Cream Combination Discovered by a Mom. Learn More...Miami Mom Erased Her Wrinkles!Learn how a Miami Mom combined 2 products to erase her wrinkles! Learn More...1 Rule for Young SkinSmooth away wrinkles in 1 Week by following this one simple rule. Learn More...
Quantcast

Nelson had surgery on Feb. 19 to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder and has started working out in basketball drills again. Nelson said he can shoot without pain, but heís yet to go through contact drills.

That didnít stop Nelson from telling NBA TV on Wednesday night that, ďsometimes people heal faster than others. Iím pushing myself a little, but Iím not going to do anything stupid. (A return) is definitely possible.íí

Not so, says Smith, who said he has Nelsonís future in mind when definitively ruling out his all-star point guard for the rest of the playoffs. He said Nelson wonít be fully released to go full speed until August.

ďHeís a long way away and he just started shooting last week,íí Smith said. ďHe was done for the season in February and that hasnít changed. Right now heís having a hard enough time playing (pick-up) against (athletic trainer) Keon (Wise). Itís about his future. If it was up to him heíd play, but itís not up to him. Heís moving good, feeling good and looking good, but thatís playing against air.íí

Nelson averaged a career-best 16.7 points this season and made the all-star team for the first time in his career.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090521/BREAKINGNEWS/90521045/1002/SPORTS

Now i know he wants to return to the cavs series which Magic GM saids is out of the question but its still a scary thought. And makes the possibility of him coming back for the end of the series or maybe even the finals a good possibility. In which case Denver and LA should be at attention.

And dont say "the magic wont even last long enough for him to come back because Cleveland L3bRons aR3 the LeEt and MagIC = Th3 FaiL" Cause many predicted they'd get swept and would get demolished by that cavs and so far they've proven their worth and can match up with these guys.

madiaz3
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
If the Cavs series go 7 games then I can see this happening.

Becks2307
05-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Jameer vs Delonte..that would be fun to watch

madiaz3
05-22-2009, 12:09 PM
It took two injuries for Mo Williams to even sneak into the all-star game in place of where Jameer was. Delonte and Jameer? Not even a contest.

JDizzle
05-22-2009, 12:26 PM
the magic can beat them with out jameer no need to rush him back.. wait till they get into the finals

http://wendellwallace.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/thansbrough02.jpg

macc
05-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Nelson is NOT coming back, even if the Magic make it to the finals. Otis Smith confirmed that. Might as well close the thread now.

king4day
05-22-2009, 01:05 PM
If he came back, he'd probably have a limited bench role.
I know it's killing him not to be out there, but he'd hurt their chemistry and risk further injury.

Perl567
05-22-2009, 01:08 PM
You guys have some pretty good chemistry going right now... Inserting anyone that is not necessarily in b-ball shape with the chance if re-injuring, whether or not he's an All-Star or not, is not a good idea- Save him for your long playoff run next year.... It should happen again.

JordansBulls
05-22-2009, 01:17 PM
No need for Jameer unless the Magic play the Lakers in the finals.

The Magic all 3 games this year against the Cavs didn't have Jameer and 2 of them they blew out Cleveland and one came down to the wire in the season.

Utahjazzfan18
05-22-2009, 01:30 PM
A fully healthy Jameer Nelson who's been in the lineup for at least a few weeks I could understand wanting him. A Jameer Nelson coming off a looong injury who hasn't played nba basketball in a few months hurts the Magic more then if he didn't play at all. Deron Williams was out for less time and he was clearly rusty and not in game shape when he came back so I wouldn't expect anymore out of Nelson. It's better just to think about how good you can be next year with him.

jimbobjarree
05-22-2009, 01:42 PM
ahahaha love the wrinkle cream advert you put in there :laugh2:

Becks2307
05-22-2009, 01:56 PM
It took two injuries for Mo Williams to even sneak into the all-star game in place of where Jameer was. Delonte and Jameer? Not even a contest.

I didnt mean that Delonte was on Jameer's level in any way, shape or form. It would just be cool to see these two guys who did such amazing things in college together against each other in the ECF finals

Kakaroach
05-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Jameer vs Delonte..that would be fun to watch x2 That would be awesome. I hope he comes back, Willis Reed moment lol. And the Magic would even be more deadly.

ManRam
05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
He's not coming back. No need to rush him. Even if they did rush him, he'd probably not be 100%, he'd be rusty and the Magic can't afford to wait for him to come around.

I love Jameer, and think he makes the Magic a lot better...but it's not worth it for him to come back these playoffs...at all.

Missing56&33
05-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Jameer Nelson MAY come back!!!

might mess up the chemistry...the rookie and RA also AJ are all playing well

BTownTeamsRKing
05-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Good luck nelson. hope he returns, great PG in the making

_Sn1P3r_
05-22-2009, 09:48 PM
I really hope he returns. I like watching Jameer Nelson on the court.

KB24PG16
05-22-2009, 09:56 PM
i doubt it