PDA

View Full Version : WWE to show 5 on 5 match, "Lakers vs Nuggets"

lakerboy
05-21-2009, 05:56 AM
McMahon added the Monday show would include a 5-on-5 match pitting "Lakers" against "Nuggets" and his character would likely confront a character of Kroenke, who owns Kroenke Enterprises, in the ring.

Read complete article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4188189

Kakaroach
05-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Sounds like something they quickly put together to try and get back at the Nuggets. Another fake fight lmao.

ProdigyI
05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Vince is a really good businessman, and by the sounds of it, that Kroncke guy who kicked them out is a major douche who does not know how to conduct good business.

ProdigyI
05-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Haha i just found one with Coach interviewing Mcmahon. Hilarious cause obviously Coach used to be in the WWE and was Vince's ***** usually. :laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZW1Y4Lg9yM&feature=haxa_popt00us0c

IBleedPurple
05-21-2009, 12:37 PM
For those wrestling fans who don't know that wrestling is fixed, stop reading now.....

I'd bet my life savings that the Lakers will prevail in the wrestling match. Vince McMahon, one of the biggest steriod promoters in the country, will surely make a mockery of the Nuggets. Both Vince and the fans need to grow up IMO

Verbal Christ
05-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Sounds like vince is mad that the people of denver would rather watch a REAL sport as opposed to that preteen fixed soap opera that is the WWE.

vigilantex69
05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
For those wrestling fans who don't know that wrestling is fixed, stop reading now.....

I'd bet my life savings that the Lakers will prevail in the wrestling match. Vince McMahon, one of the biggest steriod promoters in the country, will surely make a mockery of the Nuggets. Both Vince and the fans need to grow up IMO

Um McMahon has put in place a large steroid policy for the WWE. So I wouldn't say he is a promoter by any means. Not to mention Wrestling is fake, its a live action soap opera, and all of them used steroids, so who cares. It's the same as Stalone using steroids to beef up for his last Rambo movie. I think he has every right to be pissed. Its not his fault your owner didn't have enough faith in your team to save the dates.

Raidaz4Life
05-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Sounds like vince is mad that the people of denver would rather watch a REAL sport as opposed to that preteen fixed soap opera that is the WWE.

don't be hating!

king4day
05-21-2009, 01:20 PM

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to think otherwise.
Say what u want, but vince doesn't promote steroids like Selig does.

king4day
05-21-2009, 01:23 PM

Sounds like Vince is mad that a contract was broken. He's going to lose a ton of money here. Obviously 10000+ people that already had tickets would rather watch WWE than the NBA playoffs.

IBleedPurple
05-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Um McMahon has put in place a large steroid policy for the WWE. So I wouldn't say he is a promoter by any means. Not to mention Wrestling is fake, its a live action soap opera, and all of them used steroids, so who cares. It's the same as Stalone using steroids to beef up for his last Rambo movie. I think he has every right to be pissed. Its not his fault your owner didn't have enough faith in your team to save the dates.

It isn't that he didn't have enough faith to save the date, there just wasn't a concrete day on which the game would be played, due to the different lengths of series', etc. And I for one care about the use of steriods period, both from a public viewpoint and for the health of the athletes.

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to think otherwise.
Say what u want, but vince doesn't promote steroids like Selig does.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-03-12-pro-wrestling_x.htm

Wrestlers have death rates about seven times higher than the general U.S. population, says Keith Pinckard, a medical examiner in Dallas who has followed wrestling fatalities. They are 12 times more likely to die from heart disease than other Americans 25 to 44, he adds. And USA TODAY research shows that wrestlers are about 20 times more likely to die before 45 than are pro football players, another profession that's exceptionally hard on the body

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/jan/11/steroids_report_puts_heat_wrestling_business/

It’s been relatively quiet on the steroids in wrestling front over the past year, but a recently released congressional report may reignite the conversation.

Rep. Henry Waxman, the outgoing chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, described the industry’s drug-testing programs as inadequate following a yearlong investigation into wrestling’s doping problem.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Full_Report_Gov._Investigates_Steroids_In_Wre.shtm l

Waxman revealed in his letter that during WWE's first year of steroid testing under the new Wellness Policy, which began in March 2006, 40 percent of the company's wrestlers tested positive for steroid use "even after being warned in advance that they were going to be tested."

So what do you think about steriods and wrestling, even after dozens of former wrestlers have died early due to organ failure, enlarged hearts, and steroid induced 'roid rages resulting in murder and suicide?

GoatMilk
05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
this is what my dad always said about wrestling. "It's a real life cartoon".
They get so hurt so bad, then get right back up a minute later.
it's all fun for those who watch it. they all know it's fake.

i stopped watching wrestling like 8 years ago, but it's cool when you are little. at least for me :P

Vince is a money maker, so whatever.

J4KOP99
05-21-2009, 03:48 PM
At this point, the NBA is just as much entertainment as the WWE is. The way the refs call these games it is all about the superstars(kobe,LeBron,wade,pierce) just like the WWE. Not fair playing grounds at all.

WWE had the rights to the facility, Kroenke ****ed up, end of story.

End of the day, Vince is just trying to make money, something he does very well at.

Verbal Christ
05-21-2009, 05:54 PM
big freaking deal, boo hoo mcmahon cant make another couple of million, he'll no doubt recoup that in whatever tv show he has on tonite raw,cooked,fake,real whatever. real sports should always take precedent over fakeness, because real sports will go into the history books, while the WWE is far from greco roman wrestling lets all be real for a minute here. im sure the people in denver dont give a flying fluke that mcmahon is pissed, the denver freaking nuggets are in the WCF for the first time in 20 years, get your perspectives in order.

Driven
05-21-2009, 05:54 PM
This match has nothing to do with the Lakers or Nuggets. It's just a 5 on 5 tag match featuring wrestlers. I'm sure they'll tie it in with the Nuggets but it's just ordinary wrestlers in the mathc.

It isn't that he didn't have enough faith to save the date, there just wasn't a concrete day on which the game would be played, due to the different lengths of series', etc. And I for one care about the use of steriods period, both from a public viewpoint and for the health of the athletes.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-03-12-pro-wrestling_x.htm

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/jan/11/steroids_report_puts_heat_wrestling_business/

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Full_Report_Gov._Investigates_Steroids_In_Wre.shtm l

So what do you think about steriods and wrestling, even after dozens of former wrestlers have died early due to organ failure, enlarged hearts, and steroid induced 'roid rages resulting in murder and suicide?

Steroids and more importantly other drugs and pain killers are a major issue in wrestling. The current WWE wellness policy is questionable at best, but right now it's 100 times better than it was 5 years ago.

And with wrestlers becoming increasingly smaller, we'll see what kind of an effect steroids still play in wrestling.

I still think pain killers are the #1 problem in the wrestling industry.

ElMarroAfamado
05-21-2009, 06:59 PM
it is funny that the guy didnt think the nuggets would be in the playoffs so he thought he let me just book an event
mcmahon has been making him look like an idiot

and eh might as well try to use it to his advantage