PDA

View Full Version : Lebron reading from script???

gangis2169
05-21-2009, 02:09 AM
I have watched the post game press conference about 10 times now and maybe its just me but it looks like Lebron is reading from a presentation or an outline while he talks. Its very awkward, did anybody else see that or is it just me? He keeps looking to the bottom left of him to ready his next line looks very sad. If he really is reading then his agent better put him some classes because that comes off ignorant to me.

abe_froman
05-21-2009, 02:18 AM
that would be a good idea that other players should copy from him if true.hearing atheletes in post game is usually mind numbing

gangis2169
05-21-2009, 02:24 AM
that would be a good idea that other players should copy from him if true.hearing atheletes in post game is usually mind numbing

Really??? Wow ok well I guess when you come into the league and they put you through classes for public speaking thats not enough. I could say I guess your right if you were a player like Delonte West. But if your the face of the NBA dont you think you should have your ***** together in that aspect. I mean even some of the worst can still get by you know?

abe_froman
05-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Really??? Wow ok well I guess when you come into the league and they put you through classes for public speaking thats not enough. I could say I guess your right if you were a player like Delonte West. But if your the face of the NBA dont you think you should have your ***** together in that aspect. I mean even some of the worst can still get by you know?

i'm not faulting them for it.why are you upset/offended?

gangis2169
05-21-2009, 02:34 AM
i'm not faulting them for it.why are you upset/offended?

Im not upset or offended I just think its lazy and for a guy like Lebron who is a great player and the face of the NBA there's no excuse. Jordan would have been ripped if he did that. No question!

UK Bull
05-21-2009, 02:36 AM
I think he's just looking at the boxscore on a piece of paper

Knowledge
05-21-2009, 02:55 AM
I think he's just looking at the boxscore on a piece of paper

ding ding ding, we have a winner.

JaySmoke
05-21-2009, 10:50 AM
could be.. at least his interviews arent as bad as kobe.. i get tired of hearing all of his out the azz comments and thoughts.. the usual BS

rasheed and iverson interviews>>>>

magichatnumber9
05-21-2009, 11:03 AM
I think this is reaching.

gangis2169
05-21-2009, 11:15 AM
ding ding ding, we have a winner.

LOL for every single sentence even the ones that dont have anything to do with stats???? Ding ding uh.......

JJ81
05-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Got a video link?

RaiderLakersA's
05-21-2009, 11:36 AM

Not everyone is cut out to be a public speaker. Even some of the best orators in the world use scripted notes and teleprompters. That he is working with a script tells you that he and his handlers are aware of his shortcomings and are dealing with it.

The fact of the matter is, LeBron could benefit from a class or two in basic grammar. Which is correct?

1. "It don't matter, this is the playoffs."
2. "It doesn't matter, these are the playoffs."

Guess which version of the above LeBron uttered.

LeBron is bound to be a great basketball player, but he is still a kid in my eyes. Like yourself, many have thrust the "Face of the NBA" role on him prematurely, and he's not ready for all that entails. Give him time.

mrblisterdundee
05-21-2009, 11:42 AM
He's payed to play basketball, not analyze victories and losses.

tr4shb0t
05-21-2009, 12:03 PM
could be.. at least his interviews arent as bad as kobe.. i get tired of hearing all of his out the azz comments and thoughts.. the usual BS

there it is...the mandatory comparison to kobe

Anyway, it was awkward seeing the video, but I don't think Lebron needs to read off an outline...most of the time he seems fine.

theuuord
05-21-2009, 12:06 PM
stop this madness.

NBAdyNASTY
05-21-2009, 12:07 PM

Kobe seems more intelligent to me. His interviews are more informative than Lebron's. Lebron is a tool. Watch as Stern pulls the puppet's strings...."Lebron say this, Lebron do that... in exchange the ref crew will become part of the Lebron posse.":D

Cavsalltheway
05-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Lebron is not reading word for word what to say .... If you watch it you will notice he has written down some of the stats from the boxscore sheet ... He looks down when he is quoting or talking about statistics ..

Beleive me , he doesn't need a script to talk to the media anytime . He can talk all day about basketball or whatever ...

Unruly Fan
05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
:dance:

HOZ THE KNICK
05-21-2009, 12:19 PM
ok

Unruly Fan
05-21-2009, 12:25 PM
ok
Sarcasm?
Imo, whether or not he reads off whatever, etc is pretty much irrelevant to how people should view him as a player. Hes not politician hes a basketball player.

i.got.the.nutz
05-21-2009, 01:34 PM
who gives a flying *******. if a guy can get me 49 8 and 6 he can break dance during the post game conference for all i care.

Teeboy1487
05-21-2009, 02:01 PM
No way Lebron is reading from a script. He knows the game of basketball pretty well. He was most likely looking at stat sheets to help with his point of views. I see a lot a players including coaches do the same thing.

Bring The Heat
05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
How is he reading from a script? Unless he knows what questions are being asked before hand...but sounds to me like random questions he has to answer on the spot

tr3ymill3r
05-21-2009, 02:33 PM
He needs the script, one of the reasons other than being a beast why he didn't go to college is because he's a ****. Classmates were irate with him in HS because he was passed and never did any work or turned stuff in. ST Vincent took advantage of him and he just let it happen. All these players should have writers because if you've ever heard a majority of them talk outside of sports they are ignorant. There are only a few players in the league who actually graduated college or even high school for that matter on their own merits and not just passed through. No it wouldn't surprise me if he had a script, because if he's talking about basketball it's probably not relevant or intelligent.

kozzer
05-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Who cares if he was reading a script? If I were a Cavs fan, I'd want him to focus on winning, getting better, and making his teammates better. But really just winning. How many extra points get added to your total for a good post-game interview? Oh, right, none.

JaySmoke
05-21-2009, 08:27 PM
why do ppl keep saying who cares? Why not? Lechoke is all the media ever talks about... Why is it evrything negative about lebron never makes the media? The media manipulates people into thinking lebron is perfect. They never show him gettin dunked on in espn :pity: because anything to affect lebron image is a no no

Btw instead of showing out in from of cameras doing so called trick shots maybe he should practice free throws more and run heavy scrims to get into condition:.. I know someone on here will counter this post but it is true...

It's sad 2...

Unruly Fan
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
why do ppl keep saying who cares? Why not? Lechoke is all the media ever talks about... Why is it evrything negative about lebron never makes the media? The media manipulates people into thinking lebron is perfect. They never show him gettin dunked on in espn :pity: because anything to affect lebron image is a no no

That's false. Maybe if you find me a situation where he was dunked on i'll believe you. Also if anything the media is notorious for doing the opposite of that. They usually go out of their way to find stupid things to critisize people on.

Becks2307
05-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Lebron is pretty good at interviews..he is not reading from a script. Both Lebron and Kobe speak well in interviews, David Lee does really well too. Listening to a Wilson Chandler or J.R. Smith interview though is pretty tough

rhaas74
05-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Btw instead of showing out in from of cameras doing so called trick shots maybe he should practice free throws more and run heavy scrims to get into condition:.. I know someone on here will counter this post but it is true...

It's sad 2...

So taking a few trick shots after he came to practice early and stayed late is a no no? And by the way, when he does it for the cameras as you say, he is just throwing the balls down the court for shoot around. What is the difference between doing that and rolling them down the court? And to say he needs better conditioning is idiotic. Because he cramped in one game means he needs better conditioning? Cramping results from dehydration, which means he was not drinking enough during the game.

AMC31
05-22-2009, 07:20 PM
I thought the same, but then he started talking bout Dwight and Rashards stats then I figured it was a boxscore.

NBAdyNASTY
05-28-2009, 12:59 PM
who gives a flying *******. if a guy can get me 49 8 and 6 he can break dance during the post game conference for all i care.

If he's the face of your franchise, you should care.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-28-2009, 03:51 PM
So what if he is?

The president reads from a page when he is doing a speech during a banquet or something.

Why can't Lebron?