PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 Thurs May 21th - WCF - Western Conference (1) LA Lakers vs (2) Denver

Pages : [1] 2 3

JordansBulls
05-20-2009, 10:14 PM
( 1 ) LA Lakers (65-17) vs. (2) Denver Nuggets (54-28)

LA Lakers will have the Homecourt Advantage

LA Lakers Lead Series 1-0 Series Breakdown

Thurs May 21, 2009 Game 2 - 9:00 pm EDT ESPN Denver @ LA Lakers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2009052113)

Nobody was feeling luckier than Kobe Bryant(notes) a day after rescuing the Los Angeles Lakers from certain defeat against the Denver Nuggets in their Western Conference finals opener.

“We just kind of got away with one,” he said, grinning. “It happens sometimes.”

Bryant scored 40 points, including six free throws in the final 30 seconds Tuesday night, to give the Lakers a 105-103 victory after being outplayed most of the game.

Call it stealing one at home.

“It was one of those gutty performances that you have to have throughout the postseason,” Bryant said after practice Wednesday. “We had everything working against us—mistakes, loose balls, bobbling balls out of bounds. It just seemed like one of those nights, but we managed to pull through it.”

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Lakers Won Season Series 3-1
Lakers 104, Nuggets 97 - November 1, 2008
Nuggets 90, Lakers 104 - November 21, 2008
Lakers 79, Nuggets 90 - February 27, 2009
Nuggets 102, Lakers 116 - April 9, 2009

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Lakers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3125.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3118.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2426.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3513.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2748.jpg

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/th_Nuggets.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/63.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2008.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1975.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/515.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1713.jpg

PG - Chauncey Billups
SG - Dahntay Jones
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Kenyon Martin
C - Nene Hilario

AllTheWay
05-20-2009, 10:17 PM
2-0 lead

Draco
05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA! :cheer:

avsman05
05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
2-0 lead

and then the Nuggets will pull away and win by 10 Nuggets tie it up 1-1

lakerboy
05-20-2009, 11:19 PM
2-zip. You'll start to wonder, are the McNuggets really that good?

It's going to be like the WCF against the Spurs last season.

avsman05
05-20-2009, 11:31 PM
2-zip. You'll start to wonder, are the McNuggets really that good?

It's going to be like the WCF against the Spurs last season.

Are you really comparing the Nuggets to the Spurs. Their is absolutely no comparison between the two.

AllTheWay
05-20-2009, 11:42 PM
and then the Nuggets will pull away and win by 10 Nuggets tie it up 1-1

Nuggets won't win in LA.

I stand by my original prediction, Lakers in 5.

avsman05
05-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Nuggets won't win in LA.

And i stand by mine Nuggets in 6.

AllTheWay
05-20-2009, 11:46 PM
And i stand by mine Nuggets in 6.

Wez be atz a stalematez my firend :):)

avsman05
05-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Wez be atz a stalematez my firend :):)

:laugh:

10 paces. :guns:

DenButsu
05-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Nuggets won't win in LA.

If anything, Lakers fans should be much less confident about this after last night's game than more confident. Denver proved they can play at the same level as the Lakers in the Staples Center and take it right up to the finish line. No reason that can't happen again, but with the Nuggets getting the edge in the end (yes, we have some "kinda sorta good" finishers, too).

Besides...

Number of times L.A. has lost at home this postseason: 1

Number of times Denver has lost at home this postseason: 0

superkegger
05-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Pau will show up in game 2, and Lakers win.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I remember thinking that the Lakers could steal game two against Boston last year because they were winning the whole game 1 and played them pretty well. Then we got blitzed! I expect the same thing to happen to Denver. At least thats what I'm hoping

lakerboy
05-21-2009, 12:05 AM
If anything, Lakers fans should be much less confident about this after last night's game than more confident. Denver proved they can play at the same level as the Lakers in the Staples Center and take it right up to the finish line. No reason that can't happen again, but with the Nuggets getting the edge in the end (yes, we have some "kinda sorta good" finishers, too).

Besides...

Or we Laker fans can take it the other way. We took your best shot and beat you, with Pau, Odom and Bynum all playing terrible games.

Pau will bounce back. No doubt.

and sure if you want to count the postseason losses,.. When was the last time you beat us in the postseason?

avsman05
05-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Or we Laker fans can take it the other way. We took your best shot and beat you, with Pau, Odom and Bynum all playing terrible games.

Pau will bounce back. No doubt.

and sure if you want to count the postseason losses,.. When was the last time you beat us in the postseason?

I will tell you in about 24 hours.

ManRam
05-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Denver has to have this. I think if Chauncey and JR show up tonight...and the bigs continue to outplay the Laker bigs (realistic)...the Nuggets have a great chance of winning. I 100% disagree that the Nuggets gave their best shot last night. Melo was really the only one who showed up...Nene too. They got a lot more in them. Their bench was non-existent.

With that said...I think the Lakers win...a bit more easily than last night.

lakerboy
05-21-2009, 12:16 AM
I will tell you in about 24 hours.

:D

I'll be waiting.

SideWinder989
05-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Pau will show up in game 2, and Lakers win.

how is 13 points 14 rebounds 3 assists 2 blocks not showing up ?

Becks2307
05-21-2009, 12:20 AM
i think the lakers are gonna win this one too, even though im rooting for the nuggets

ManRam
05-21-2009, 12:23 AM

Clearly because it's only 5 points less than his season average, 5 rebounds more and one block more, while shooting 55%. I mean...he clearly didn't show up...

Not to mention his clutch defense and offense in the last minute, what probably won the game more than anything or anyone else. He made two huge defensive plays, and sunk some huge free throws.

JordansBulls
05-21-2009, 12:24 AM
This series will be like Dallas vs San Antonio in 2006. Spurs came back in game 1 and won by 2 and Dallas won 3 in a row.

Let's see what happens with game 2 first though.

Lakersfan2483
05-21-2009, 12:34 AM
I expect the Lakers to win tomorrow's game, look for Pau to have a better game and for Kobe to continue his great play. The lakers have to make some adjustments in terms of guarding Melo, I am curious to see what Phil Jackson has planned.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Clearly because it's only 5 points less than his season average, 5 rebounds more and one block more, while shooting 55%. I mean...he clearly didn't show up...

Not to mention his clutch defense and offense in the last minute, what probably won the game more than anything or anyone else. He made two huge defensive plays, and sunk some huge free throws.

Im not being condescending when I ask this, but what clutch defense did he play in the last minute? I dont remember a certain play.

But about his free throws, he better make those, at least he better after he missed the two right before that, that allowed the Nuggets to take back the lead. He looked terrified up there.

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 12:59 AM

J.R. played a terrible game. Billups was subpar compared to his usual level of postseason play (especially from the 3 point line). And the whole team sucked *** from the free throw line.

What makes you think that was our best? :shrug:

Lakersfan2483
05-21-2009, 01:01 AM

He had very little impact on the game and never established himself down low. He picked it up in the 4th, but for the most part he was a non factor, especially in the first half. Our frontcourt which includes Gasol was outscored by Denver's front court 45 to 15 in the first half.:speechless:

avsman05
05-21-2009, 01:03 AM
:D

I'll be waiting.

10-4 over and out:p

madiaz3
05-21-2009, 01:42 AM
13 points for pau no matter how many rebounds he had is not showing up

superkegger
05-21-2009, 02:02 AM
If you don't understand how Pau didn't show up....then it's just as easy for me to say Chauncey showed up and had a good game.

i.got.the.nutz
05-21-2009, 02:17 AM
This series will be like Dallas vs San Antonio in 2006. Spurs came back in game 1 and won by 2 and Dallas won 3 in a row.

Let's see what happens with game 2 first though.

Lakers aren't losing 3 straight. Book it.

Fool
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
If anything, Lakers fans should be much less confident about this after last night's game than more confident.

I don't think so. The Lakers played like crap for 43 minutes and the Nuggets played well for 43 minutes. Lakers still won.

Anyway. If the Lakers can get Game 2 it's going to be very hard for the Nuggets, IMO.

JordansBulls
05-21-2009, 10:32 AM
13 points for pau no matter how many rebounds he had is not showing up

This is foolish. I'm pretty sure that you would not say that Kobe didn't show up in game 7 last series with only 14 points and shooting 33% would you?

Pau still had 13 and 14 in game 1 and shot 55% FG while only having 9 shots. He showed up just like Kobe did.

leftymo
05-21-2009, 10:56 AM
If you don't understand how Pau didn't show up....then it's just as easy for me to say Chauncey showed up and had a good game.

18 points and 8 assists is a good game...

13 points from our 2nd leading scorer isn't...

Better yet, when FOUR nuggets outscore our 2nd scorer, who is an allstar... its called not showing up. But it had more to do with LA not being able to go inside as much.

Most of the Nuggets had great games sans their bench.

Most of the Lakers had terrible games sans Kobe Bryant.

Lakers should show up tonight.

theimortalone
05-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Nuggets by 1. Kobe misses the buzzer beater! :D

ManRam
05-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Im not being condescending when I ask this, but what clutch defense did he play in the last minute? I dont remember a certain play.

But about his free throws, he better make those, at least he better after he missed the two right before that, that allowed the Nuggets to take back the lead. He looked terrified up there.

He made back to back big defensive plays.

He blocked a shot by Nene, keeping the Lakers up 1. Then he drew an offensive foul on Melo with 1:14 left, after grabbing a HUGE offensive rebound. He got possession of the jump ball with 57 seconds left. If he doesn't make a one or two of those plays, they probably lose. His offensive rebound was when they were down by 2, the subsequent free throws he made tied it up. The block was when they were up by one. Getting the loose ball of the jump was when the game was tied.

He drew 3 fouls in the last three minutes. He blocked two shots late in the 4th. He got three big rebounds. I remember vividly saying something like "wow, Pau makes two huge defensive plays...".

EDIT: Here's the quote. "Back to back great defensive plays by Pau. He's making his presence known."

Then two people said "Good charge take by Pau" then a laker hater started whining about how the game was fixed. Pau came up HUGE in the last three minutes.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-21-2009, 11:14 AM
I see an easy win for LA tonight. The way Denver choked away game 1 was devastating and karl's wave the white flag speech in his press conference doesn't help.

Carmelo will have to continue scoring like a superstar. The Nuggets need to get JR Smith going. His 3's can win games alone, but man Denver, u just can't throw away games in the Western Conference Finals.

lakersrock
05-21-2009, 11:18 AM

Besides...

Number of times Denver has consecutively lost to LA in the postseason: 11 :D

Plus, it should encourage the Lakers. Denver played THAT good, LA played THAT bad and they still won. If anything, it should demoralize Denver for playing so good and still losing.

lakersrock
05-21-2009, 11:18 AM
This is foolish. I'm pretty sure that you would not say that Kobe didn't show up in game 7 last series with only 14 points and shooting 33% would you?

Pau still had 13 and 14 in game 1 and shot 55% FG while only having 9 shots. He showed up just like Kobe did.

You did see him doink two VERY vital FT at the end of the game right?

ManRam
05-21-2009, 11:26 AM
You did see him doink two VERY vital FT at the end of the game right?

I also saw him sink two of them with 1:14 left.

Pau didn't show up at all in the first three quarters, but he was huge in the 4th.

what54!?
05-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I got the nuggets winning a close one.

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Number of times Denver has consecutively lost to LA in the postseason: 11 :D

Plus, it should encourage the Lakers. Denver played THAT good, LA played THAT bad and they still won. If anything, it should demoralize Denver for playing so good and still losing.

LA played THAT bad? What about all those posts you made in the Magic-Cavs game thread (and don't do that any more, btw - please read the rules update in the stuck thread) talking about how Kobe's game 1 was SOooooooo much better than LeBron's? :rolleyes:

And if you think the Nuggets had everything going on, then you're just mistaken. Billups had a below average outing, J.R. sucked it up bigtime, Anthony Carter was TERRIBLE, Kleiza was worthless (as usual, unfortunately), the Birdman made less of an impact than he could have, they missed all those free throws of course, gave up 17 offensive boards to the Lakers. "THAT good" is far from the Nuggets' best.

gauth25
05-21-2009, 12:05 PM
LA played THAT bad? What about all those posts you made in the Magic-Cavs game thread (and don't do that any more, btw - please read the rules update in the stuck thread) talking about how Kobe's game 1 was SOooooooo much better than LeBron's? :rolleyes:

And if you think the Nuggets had everything going on, then you're just mistaken. Billups had a below average outing, J.R. sucked it up bigtime, Anthony Carter was TERRIBLE, Kleiza was worthless (as usual, unfortunately), the Birdman made less of an impact than he could have, they missed all those free throws of course, gave up 17 offensive boards to the Lakers. "THAT good" is far from the Nuggets' best.

What did the Lakers shoot? Like 35-40%? That is a pretty ****** game on their part and it wasn't because of Denver's defense. They were tired from the Houston series. Sorry but ya Denver pretty much played as best they could against the Lakers. The Lakers will win tonight and I think it won't be close.

IBleedPurple
05-21-2009, 12:35 PM
As for the first half of game 1, I think the teams were equal. Nuggets won the 1st quarter, Lakers the 2nd. Yes the Nuggets played much better for the first 20 minutes of the second half, but never ran away with it.

For those saying that the Nuggets played their best, that is laughable. Melo played his best (to this point), but who is to say even he couldn't play better? The rest of the team can definitely step up their game, in all areas.

I think LA will be tougher this game than last, but passing the Nuggets off as not having a chance is a mistake. If anything, last game should prove that.

jbeezy
05-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Nuggets by 1. Kobe misses the buzzer beater! :D

You wish Kobe is The Black Mamba. He is stone cold.
If Lakers win tonight /series.

i.got.the.nutz
05-21-2009, 01:24 PM
if lakers win tonight i see them taking the series in 5 but if they lose, this series will be going 7 games.

lakerboy
05-21-2009, 02:16 PM

Billups didn't have a below average outing. He scored more than his regular season average and had more assists than his regular season average. You aren't playing New Orleans or Dallas so don't expect the kind of games he had then. In other words, he is back to earth.

Also, I can assure you that the FT differentials won't be the same as the last game. The officials completely ****ed us up. Billups shouldn't even have made that last three point play. There were also a lot of bogus and cheap fouls called against LA. It's not happening again.

And yeah, the Lakers will not get 17 offensive rebounds again. There's no way we will be missing that many shots.

lakerboy
05-21-2009, 02:16 PM
God we Laker fans are annoying :D

RaiderLakersA's
05-21-2009, 02:20 PM
The rest of the Lakers won't play as crappy this time. We should win today, but I don't see us sweeping the Nuggets.

NYMetros
05-21-2009, 02:59 PM

Besides...

Both sides should be encouraged. Denver proved they can very easily win on the road. LA proved they can win close ball games even when they aren't playing well.

superkegger
05-21-2009, 03:06 PM

He made back to back big defensive plays.

He blocked a shot by Nene, keeping the Lakers up 1. Then he drew an offensive foul on Melo with 1:14 left, after grabbing a HUGE offensive rebound. He got possession of the jump ball with 57 seconds left. If he doesn't make a one or two of those plays, they probably lose. His offensive rebound was when they were down by 2, the subsequent free throws he made tied it up. The block was when they were up by one. Getting the loose ball of the jump was when the game was tied.

He drew 3 fouls in the last three minutes. He blocked two shots late in the 4th. He got three big rebounds. I remember vividly saying something like "wow, Pau makes two huge defensive plays...".

EDIT: Here's the quote. "Back to back great defensive plays by Pau. He's making his presence known."

Then two people said "Good charge take by Pau" then a laker hater started whining about how the game was fixed. Pau came up HUGE in the last three minutes.

I also saw him sink two of them with 1:14 left.

Pau didn't show up at all in the first three quarters, but he was huge in the 4th.

Pau was pretty non existant for about 39 of his 42 minutes played. Yes, he had a good close to the game, but that doesn't mean he showed up for the game.

Did he have a quality game? I guess, but when both coaches talk about you as the key to the series, and you play pedestrian basketball for 39 minutes it's not good enough or big enough for what he's capable.

1-3 in the first quarter
1-1 in the second quarter
2-2 in the third quarter
0-1 in the fouth quarter

Yes, I agree that is great offensive production from an all star big who is an offensive player, and not a defensive player.

I'm saying Pau played bad, I'm saying for what he can do, and what he should do, he had a subpar game, and I don't see him being so passive in game 2. He was all too often standing around on offense, as well as defense allowing uncontested dunks and layups.

For some reason some of you think Pau played some kind of wonderful game and was huge. If he asserts himself before the last 3 minutes, the whole complexion of the game is different, and probably not as close in favor of the Lakers.

I hear all the time, Pau is soft, he's a finnesse player, and rightly so. Then when he has a typical game embodying that, all of the sudden instead of calling it that, people pulling for Denver seem to want to make it out to be some kind of great effort from Pau and not him shrinking away from the moment at all. He came up small in most of Game 1, and he can play much better and has to for the Lakers to win the series.

Just like Chauncey had a sub par night. He didn't hit a lot of shots and didn't play a Chauncey-like game he has shown he's still very capable of doing.

still1ballin
05-21-2009, 06:26 PM
go lakers

still1ballin
05-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Nuggets won't win in LA.

lmao your sig is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game_Over
05-21-2009, 06:30 PM
God we Laker fans are annoying :D

:clap:That is the best thing I have ever heard from a Lakers fan!!

championships
05-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Lakers do what they're supposed to do ,That is hold home court. They will have to come out and play ball to get one in Denver and I have confidence that the Lakers can do that.

AirJordan23
05-21-2009, 07:06 PM
I want Jones to step up. Be more physical against Kobe. Kobe took him in the post everytime and got a great high percentage look. Don't wanna see that happening. Defensive rotations have to be crisp and help D has to come on time. Honestly, if Jones can't really do a good job on Kobe, we should just start Smith. Oh yeah, wanna see Smith run the point for these reasons:
1. It reduces the amount of shots he takes, sure he's great at hitting deep 3s but I don't wanna risk it at this stage of our season.
2. He's a better ball handler than A.C and can dish well.
3. It reduces A.C's minutes.

Rebounding has to be key. Boxout. Get offensive boards and putbacks that result in easy second chance points. That's how LA killed us late in the game.

MAKE THOSE FTS! THOSE DAMN FTs COST US GAME 1.

lakersrock
05-21-2009, 07:06 PM

KOBE played good, LA didn't. I've made that abundantly clear. You know exactly what I meant by that and chose to change the meaning anyways.

Ummmm, KMart and Anderson hit some LUCKY shots, Chauncey had 18 and 8 or something like that and Birdman played really good defense. The Nuggets had four or five guys show up. Outside of like 3 or 4 plays, LA had one.

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 07:08 PM
lmao your sig is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its keggers fault for not understanding spanish

lakersrock
05-21-2009, 07:09 PM
As for the first half of game 1, I think the teams were equal. Nuggets won the 1st quarter, Lakers the 2nd. Yes the Nuggets played much better for the first 20 minutes of the second half, but never ran away with it.

For those saying that the Nuggets played their best, that is laughable. Melo played his best (to this point), but who is to say even he couldn't play better? The rest of the team can definitely step up their game, in all areas.

I think LA will be tougher this game than last, but passing the Nuggets off as not having a chance is a mistake. If anything, last game should prove that.
I didn't say their best, but Melo, Chauncey and Nene were well above what they brought on average during the season and KMart and Birdman his some ******** shots they probably won't hit too many more times. Denver played really freaking good and still lost.

avsman05
05-21-2009, 07:30 PM
I didn't say their best, but Melo, Chauncey and Nene were well above what they brought on average during the season and KMart and Birdman his some ******** shots they probably won't hit too many more times. Denver played really freaking good and still lost.

This isnt the regular season compadre. This is when it counts and they have been doing it since it started.

Eagles_Guy
05-21-2009, 08:05 PM
The Nugg's only lost the other night because of the atrocious FT shooting; I don't expect that tonight.

Nugg's by 2 in another barn burner. Melo and Kobe duke it out all game, and Mr Big Shot lives up to his name yet again.

kblo247
05-21-2009, 08:12 PM

He did block Nene, grabbed a key rebound on Fish's 3pt heave despite Nene bear hugging him, took a charge, set some solid screens, and moved the ball.

Outside of Kobe, only Fish was visible early but Pau, Lamar, and Trevor came to play late on the defensive end.

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Let's get this party started, Denver your going down.

avsman05
05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Let's get this party started, Denver your going down.

Yes we did go down to sea level thanks for noticing.:cool: We will be back up at altitude with the series tied 1-1.

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 08:42 PM

In the case of Chauncey and Nene, that's just simply not true. Not by a long shot, in fact. Nene didn't even score a single point in the 2nd half, and he only pulled down 5 rebounds in the game (the same as J.R. Smith). Billups shot just 5-13 from the field (.385), including 2-7 from the arc (.286). That is very far down from the 61-124 from the field (.491) and 33-61 from the arc (.541) that he shot in the previous 10 games. He scored 18 points, which is 4 less than the 22.1 he averaged in the previous 10 games, but not only that, it was an EXTREMELY inefficient 18 points. He didn't even come CLOSE to performing at the same level he's been playing at this postseason.

With the exception of Melo, who did have a tremendous game, you're WAY off the mark on this one.

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes we did go down to sea level thanks for noticing.:cool: We will be back up at altitude with the series tied 1-1.

Your high alright if you think your going back 1-1. :)

avsman05
05-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Your high alright if you think your going back 1-1. :)

Clever.:clap: Good Luck tonight.

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Clever.:clap: Good Luck tonight.

Good luck.

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Any predictions on who hits the first three of the game?

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 08:52 PM
I say Chauncey hits the first 3.

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 08:52 PM
First rebound will go to Pau.

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I say Chauncey hits the first 3.

I say Melo hits the first three and Kobe hits the last (Which is also a game winning three).

avsman05
05-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I will say Fisher hits the first 3 right out of the gate.

Eagles_Guy
05-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I will say Fisher hits the first 3 right out of the gate.

Fisher shoots the first 3 but misses.

Becks2307
05-21-2009, 08:59 PM
this is great i love this game !

avsman05
05-21-2009, 08:59 PM

here's hoping

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 09:00 PM

A curse, a curse on both your houses!!!

superkegger
05-21-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm pumped!!

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Ha I got that black jersey that Kobe is wearing but I wish I had that leather Championship jacket he wore when we repeated

superkegger
05-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Why ain't renalbo balkman dressed?

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice fight for the board Kobe

Becks2307
05-21-2009, 09:12 PM
way 2 go melo

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 09:12 PM
I hate having to mute the tv because of van gundy

superkegger
05-21-2009, 09:14 PM
damn they're calling it tight

NYMetros
05-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Are these the same refs as last game?

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Are these the same refs as last game?

No, these are the ones who will not let Denver win tonight because they're going to call it the Lakers' way.

superkegger
05-21-2009, 09:17 PM
damn 4 on dahntay :laugh:

NYMetros
05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Chauncey falls down, no call. Kobe falls down, foul.

LOL Dahntay.

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 09:19 PM
damn 4 on dahntay :laugh:

At least 2-3 of them being total bull**** calls. Boooooo... Way to take the Nugs out of the game before it even starts, refs. :down:

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 09:20 PM
damn they're calling it tight

"Tight"? Yeah that's one way to say it... "One-sided" would be another - and more accurate.

superkegger
05-21-2009, 09:21 PM
At least 2-3 of them being total bull**** calls. Boooooo... Way to take the Nugs out of the game before it even starts, refs. :down:

They all looked legitimate fouls to me. Refs are calling it tight.

superkegger
05-21-2009, 09:21 PM
"Tight"? Yeah that's one way to say it... "One-sided" would be another - and more accurate.

outside of dahntay, only one foul has been called on denver. 5-3. Yes, totally one sided.

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 09:23 PM
What a ****ing joke.

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Stop trying to work the refs Denbutsu.

NYMetros
05-21-2009, 09:24 PM
outside of dahntay, only one foul has been called on denver. 5-3. Yes, totally one sided.

Yes, but LA's fouls called on them have actually been fouls. Denver's fouls have been cheap ones trying to protect Kobe.

Stop trying to work the refs Denbutsu.

Because the refs will totally be reading this at halftime.

S.J.Basketball
Offensive rebounds baby!!!

DenButsu
So Dahntay can fart on Kobe and get whistles, but Bynum can knock Nene out of bounds and no ****ing whistle?

Yea, keg, real even officiating happening in this game. :rolleyes:

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:25 PM
WOW!! LoL Ariza just threw that **** up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Charge.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:26 PM
**** Martin. get his *** out of the ****ing lane dammit.

superkegger
05-21-2009, 09:27 PM
It's funny, some LA fans complained about the calls in game 1, we were told, quit whining it's being called fair. Now Nuggets fans are complaining about the calls calling them unfair.

USMCLaker
Yes, but LA's fouls called on them have actually been fouls. Denver's fouls have been cheap ones trying to protect Kobe.

Because the refs will totally be reading this at halftime.

You heard about that too huh.

S.J.Basketball
Gasol gets a loose ball foul? lol

lakerboy
Awww. Calls not going Denver's way anymore this game.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Holding Anthony down will be key. No 14 point 1st quarter this time mofos.

lakerboy
05-21-2009, 09:29 PM
It's funny, some LA fans complained about the calls in game 1, we were told, quit whining it's being called fair. Now Nuggets fans are complaining about the calls calling them unfair.

Exactly.

JordansBulls
05-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Wow!! 4 fouls on Jones already.
:speechless:

superkegger
05-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Lakers defensive effort is much improved. A couple slip ups here and there, but I'll give Kenyon Martin points. If he's going to be the leading scorer, thats' fine by me.

FaceDown91
05-21-2009, 09:31 PM
relax nugget fans, u will get all the calls u want in denver...

DenButsu
You Lakers fans have some SERIOUSLY potent Lakers homervision goggles on if you think this game is being fairly officiated. Seriously.

And the first game was pretty evenly called, really. Denver got to the line more by being more aggressive inside (see points in the paint).

USMCLaker

I know it's crazy, he should have fouled out by now.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:33 PM

He was gonna stop Kobe, remember?:p

lakerboy
05-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Now that wasn't a foul on Sasha.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Vujacic's reactions are hilarious. He looked like a lover just dumped him on that foul.

FaceDown91
wtf happened to billiups on the FT line?

superkegger
chauncey another FT miss, what the heck?

superkegger
You Lakers fans have some SERIOUSLY potent Lakers homervision goggles on if you think this game is being fairly officiated. Seriously.

And the first game was pretty evenly called, really. Denver got to the line more by being more aggressive inside (see points in the paint).

And we're being more aggressive in this game, see points in the paint

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Its a Kleiza sighting!!!!!!!!

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 09:36 PM

But of course, in no way could it be because the Lakers are being more aggressive.

Don't call others homers if you are going to be just as much a homer Den.

The Lakers are just a better team.

S.J.Basketball
hey b ball fans..
iam a heat fan who is having this debate with a fellow fan. and this guy DORELL WRIGHT is a hot topic. i hate the guy i think he is apart of the losers. who are a waste of space, and cost wade to have his stellar season go in vain. because he doesnt have support. so iam going to ask other fans. do you know who dorell wright is.. and if so would you want him on your team? do you think he is a starter? or is he a injury prone guy who should be in the d league?
thanks

Die.

zsiddiqui23
hey b ball fans..
iam a heat fan who is having this debate with a fellow fan. and this guy DORELL WRIGHT is a hot topic. i hate the guy i think he is apart of the losers. who are a waste of space, and cost wade to have his stellar season go in vain. because he doesnt have support. so iam going to ask other fans. do you know who dorell wright is.. and if so would you want him on your team? do you think he is a starter? or is he a injury prone guy who should be in the d league?
thanks

lol what are you doing in this topic?

S.J.Basketball
Vujacic = NOT CLUTCH

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Don't worry Nuggets fans we'll start complaining about the refs should the Nuggets take the lead if it will make you feel better.

GspLAL

I'll be first to admit that this game has been called pretty unfairly towards Denver, some ticky tack calls but don't tell me the calls were even in Game 1, Kobe was driving in multiple times and getting hacked with no calls.

Statik1
Gotta love the look Kobe just gave Sasha when they were on the bench LOL

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Die.

X2

Epic Fail.

i.got.the.nutz
LOL i saw that too. the "make a ********** shot look"

LAKERMANIA
I'll be first to admit that this game has been called pretty unfairly towards Denver, some ticky tack calls.

Yeah, which means we're not getting calls in the second half... exact opposite of game 1.

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 09:40 PM
And we're being more aggressive in this game, see points in the paint

Except NONE of the fouls called on Dahntay were on drives to the basket. They all happened out on the perimeter when Kobe was just dribbling the ball around. 2, if not 3, of the fouls called on Jones were not legit, that's all there is to it. And what that does is immediately take the Nuggets out of their defensive game plan and rotations right out of the gate.

Must be nice having the Untouchable Golden Child on your team who gets favors showered down upon him. Even get too close to his glowing aura? Whistle.

At least in this game. What a sham.

superkegger
I'll be first to admit that this game has been called pretty unfairly towards Denver, some ticky tack calls but don't tell me the calls were even in Game 1, Kobe was driving in multiple times and getting hacked with no calls.

Have there been bad calls (or non calls) in this game? Of course.

Were just as many bad calls and non calls in game 1? Yes.

S.J.Basketball
This game could get ugly if the Lakers start pulling away.

superkegger
05-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Except NONE of the fouls called on Dahntay were on drives to the basket. They all happened out on the perimeter when Kobe was just dribbling the ball around. 2, if not 3, of the fouls called on Jones were not legit, that's all there is to it. And what that does is immediately take the Nuggets out of their defensive game plan and rotations right out of the gate.

Must be nice having the Untouchable Golden Child on your team who gets favors showered down upon him. Even get too close to his glowing aura? Whistle.

Yeah, he got a ton of free calls in game 1. oh wait....

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:42 PM
ODOOOOMMMMMMMM!! Offensive Rebounds baby!!

GspLAL

Didnt realize Lebron was on Lakers.

S.J.Basketball
The Nuggets don't look like the team from rounds 1 and 2. They look like the 2008 round 1 team right now.

championships
05-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Karls face is red as an apple. I thought it was just my T.V. but then remembered I have1080p HD:D

AllTheWay

Jones can't guard Kobe, he's too small. AC does a better job on him. Probably did Denver a favor by getting him into foul trouble.

USMCLaker
What can Brown do for you.

Statik1
Ok its official "The Machine" Has a virus .... WtF is Sasha doing out there ???????

S.J.Basketball
Another Kleiza sighting!!!!!!

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Lakers Guard rotation needs to be strictly limited to Kobe, Fish, Farmar, and Brown.

No Sasha please.

S.J.Basketball
Karl looks like he was enjoying the Sun. His face is super duper red.

superkegger
This is what happens when Pau shows up.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Why is Sasha sucking it up man? WHY!?!?! Put the damn ball in the damn hoop.

AllTheWay

Yeah, *****es :p

S.J.Basketball

This is what happens when your mom shows up.

i.got.the.nutz
05-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Lakers Guard rotation needs to be strictly limited to Kobe, Farmar, and Brown.

No Sasha or Fish please.

Edited for accuracy

superkegger
Yeah, Sasha needs the Farmar treatment. Become the 11th man and see no time. Brown and Farmar can take over the backup guard rotation just fine.

AllTheWay
This is what happens when your mom shows up.

:pity:

Epic Fail

lakerboy
05-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Come on. You lose the game and start blaming it on the refs? We didn't even complain a lot after game 1. The refs not only called stupid fouls a lot, they even counted Billups' last three point shot which was out of bounds.

superkegger
Edited for accuracy

Fish is fine. He hit that 3 to end the half last game, and it got him going, he's fine, we need him, we don't need sasha.

Namy
Our defensive rebounding in this game is a joke. Nuggets' inability to box out is a product of laziness, and it's pathetic. They must turn this around soon if they want a shot of winning...

championships

Now they know.

DenButsu
Okay, my final word on the refs (hopefully):

Those of you who think this game isn't being called worse in the Lakers' favor than Game 1 was in Denver's favor have clearly taken more LSD than the guy in the bottom right of my sig. Homer goggle removal, please.

------------------

That said, what Denver's doing badly:

Horrible defensive rebounding, really ****ty ball movement on offense, poor shot selection. They just look mentally out of it. They need to knock down the brass tacks, take a deep breath and just relax and play with some focus.

AllTheWay
Edited for accuracy

Fish can still hit the 3, and defend on Billups.

LAKERMANIA
05-21-2009, 09:48 PM

Honestly, the refs did you guys a favor for taking Dahntay out of the game, I agreed with 3 of the 4 fouls. If you want Dahntay to stay in the game and guard Kobe? By all means, let him, more points for Kobe..

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Hahahaha Smith's foul was BS! I love it though.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Melo is gonna go 1 for 2.

superkegger
24-10 points in the paint in favor of the Lakers.

S.J.Basketball
Told you!!!!!

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Bynum!!!!

AllTheWay
Okay, my final word on the refs (hopefully):

Those of you who think this game isn't being called worse in the Lakers' favor than Game 1 was in Denver's favor have clearly taken more LSD than the guy in the bottom right of my sig. Homer goggle removal, please.

------------------

That said, what Denver's doing badly:

Horrible defensive rebounding, really ****ty ball movement on offense, poor shot selection. They just look mentally out of it. They need to knock down the brass tacks, take a deep breath and just relax and play with some focus.

Um, Lakers have had 6 PFs called on them.

Denver? 7.

Clearly favored towards the Lakers.

Denver keeps shooting Js, you don't get FTs shooting 3s.

S.J.Basketball
Woooooooowwwww!!!! The Lakers are killing it!!!!!!

zsiddiqui23
05-21-2009, 09:51 PM
LOL george karl looks red

Becks2307
i have no idea where Denver is right now, they look like they are in that new Will Ferrell movie

superkegger
Wow, is Karl really sunburned or that pissed? His face is beet red.

championships
George Karl looks like he spent too much time at the beach instead of game planning. Cali baby

S.J.Basketball
Someone get out the BROOMS!!! THERE! I SAID IT!!!

USMCLaker
The Mercy!!! Mercy!!! Timeout, I love it!!!

Squad13
05-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Here we go! I wish Jr wasn't in foul trouble, I really enjoy watching him jack up shots.

AllTheWay
http://www.nba.com/games/20090521/DENLAL/gameinfo.html

According to this, Denver has only taken 2 shots in the paint.

S.J.Basketball
I'm calling sweep. Quote me baby! Mother****ing quote me.

Statik1
05-21-2009, 09:53 PM
The look on Karl's face just said it all.

DenButsu
Wow, is Karl really sunburned or that pissed? His face is beet red.

Pissed. As he should be... Denver's just playing like **** now.

LAKERMANIA
I'm calling sweep. Quote me baby! Mother****ing quote me.

relax. It's only the first half of game 2

Namy
05-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Disappointing performance so far. They have not played like this all post-season. Bad offense, bad defense. We are getting absolutely killed by the Lakers bench, which is embarrassing.

S.J.Basketball
The Governators wife is there.

NFLNBA
If Bynum starts playing like himself and with Farmer looking real good again the Lakers wont be stoped! Even with Sasha playing HORRIBLE all year, Shannon Browmn will get his minutes

AllTheWay
relax. It's only the first half of game 2

Exactly. There is still another half, and the Lakers have a tendency to give up big leads. I won't call sweep until they win the first 3 games. Till then, Lakers in 5.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I hate Sutherland's stupid hat and ridiculous glasses next to Jack.

Free Throw
05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Um, Lakers have had 6 PFs called on them.

Denver? 7.

Clearly favored towards the Lakers.

Denver keeps shooting Js, you don't get FTs shooting 3s.

The fouls for each team were nearly the same in game 1 too, yet I heard tons of complaining. :rolleyes:

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Wow. Odom....that three was horrendous.

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Nice

championships
05-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Stupid celebs don't even cheer when Lakers make a hoop

S.J.Basketball
Wow. ****ing BSPN made me miss that play to hear what George Karl said in the huddle. Wtf?

superkegger
Anthony starting to heat up

USMCLaker
Solid advice from Coach Karl

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 09:58 PM
The fouls for each team were nearly the same in game 1 too, yet I heard tons of complaining. :rolleyes:

Um, good for you? Both games are being called evenly. Are they being called well? No, the games never are called well. But they are being called evenly.

USMCLaker
Wow. ****ing BSPN made me miss that play to hear what George Karl said in the huddle. Wtf?

He told his team to keep attacking the basket even if your not getting the calls.

S.J.Basketball
Stupid celebs don't even cheer when Lakers make a hoop

They have a rep. They go to games to get noticed not to cheer the team. Celebrities: Biggest Badnwagoners of all time.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow. Melo...

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Damn nice shot Melo

Squad13
05-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Knock melo down and make him make free throws.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
BYNUM waking up again!! Points in the PAINT!

USMCLaker
Spank you very much

Free Throw
Um, good for you? Both games are being called evenly. Are they being called well? No, the games never are called well. But they are being called evenly.

My point exactly, everyone was complaining that the Nuggets were being favored in the last game during all the calls, so far in these games it's been pretty even. The officiating is always going to suck, I think that's for sure.

Plus, Denver is squandering opportunities.

EDIT: Oo, nice flush by Bynum!

Squad13
AHAha YES! Get them Bynum!

superkegger
Nuggets defense is lazy, and the rebounding worse

championships
They have a rep. They go to games to get noticed not to cheer the team. Celebrities: Biggest Badnwagoners of all time.

Isn't that the truth.

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Damn Bynum is attacking. I like it, despite the miss.

And cmon Kobe, don't foul on jumpshots.

JordansBulls
05-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Denver doesn't seem motivated

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 10:03 PM

They will be re-energized in Denver.

And ya I agree with Mark the Lakers should be up by 20 not a good sign.

lakersrock
05-21-2009, 10:03 PM
There are spurts in this game where LA looks like the all time defensive team could be out there and they'd still get easy buckets. Part of Denver's problem is they arn't moving the ball well, but the other part is they really do suck at rebounding. It's like men and boys under the goal.

(It doesn't hurt getting fouls called when you're shooting in the lane either.)

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Brant driving to the lane and getting free throws. THATS WHAT YOU DO BRYANT!! DONT SETTLE FOR THE JUMPER I LOVE IT!!!!!

AllTheWay
Bynum is so god damn sexy. Although, not as sexy as LostART makes him out to be.

championships
Damn Pau thinks he is Kobe all of a sudden, dribble between the legs.

lakersrock
05-21-2009, 10:05 PM

They're not. After watching the Lakers this year, you can tell when a team isn't playing inspired ball. That said, LA is actually playing defense at times.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 10:05 PM
SO maybe the win the other day really did take the spirit out of Denver cuz it looks like it today. They're still within striking distance though.

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Museum 2 looks ********.

Free Throw
Damn Pau thinks he is Kobe all of a sudden, dribble between the legs.

Haha, anyone else remember during the season that time he led a break and dribbled it forward through his legs then dished it off? Oh my gosh that was hilarious... yet he did it so well, which was creepy. :eyebrow:

S.J.Basketball
Go see Star Trek. That movie was a great revival of the series. I can see a few extra movies being made now.

championships
05-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Bynum is so god damn sexy. Although, not as sexy as LostART makes him out to be.

Ummm.........What?

AllTheWay
Museum 2 looks ********.

I wanna see it :hide:

AllTheWay
Ummm.........What?

I need not explain myself to an ignorant fool such as yourself. n00b :)

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 10:08 PM
SO maybe the win the other day really did take the spirit out of Denver cuz it looks like it today. They're still within striking distance though.

I think it was the bad calls. Either way, you're right.

USMCLaker
Ummm.........What?

x's 2

lakersrock
Haha, anyone else remember during the season that time he led a break and dribbled it forward through his legs then dished it off? Oh my gosh that was hilarious... yet he did it so well, which was creepy. :eyebrow:

I was at the game. It was against the Thunder in OKC. I swear when he took off down the court, everyone in the arena got excited. Even the Thunder fans were disappointed when the score didn't happen at the end of it.

Statik1
Go see Star Trek. That movie was a great revival of the series. I can see a few extra movies being made now.

Stay on target (http://www.18to88.com/images/porkins.jpg)

Squad13
05-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Kleza is your 2nd best player tonight, all you guys hate him though...

S.J.Basketball
Bryant...DRIVE TO THE LANE!

S.J.Basketball
Im sticking to the Broom prediction.

Squad13
05-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Nice lay up Odom..

lakersrock
Denver fans should be thanking Kleiza for refusing to let them get their butts kicked.

S.J.Basketball
Here comes the run.....

AllTheWay
Goddamnit

Free Throw
I was at the game. It was against the Thunder in OKC. I swear when he took off down the court, everyone in the arena got excited. Even the Thunder fans were disappointed when the score didn't happen at the end of it.

Haha, that's awesome.

His dribbling skills amaze me for a guy his size. :confused:

S.J.Basketball
05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Kleiza lubs Robert Deniro

superkegger
05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Arggghhhh, not a good close to the quarter. :mad:

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 10:12 PM

It's the refs fault, lol.

lakersrock

LA should be up by 20. They've outplayed them in just about every aspect of the game.

S.J.Basketball
Wow. What a failure of a 2nd quarter. Let them come back like that.

Free Throw
05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Kobe haha.

lakersrock

The problem was (as usual) we had a lead and were playing just good enough to keep it. They didn't have the pedal on the floor forcing the issue. It's their own freaking fault.

JordansBulls
Nice comeback by Denver.

S.J.Basketball
Billups pulled a rabbit out of the hat.

AllTheWay
05-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Good job by Denver fighting back. Lakers need to step on their throats already.

lakersrock
Well, uh....Kobe's pissed.

superkegger
God, I totally saw that coming. I saw Kobe with his back turned, I was like, Chauncey is going to throw it off his back. Sure enough he did. :(

USMCLaker

We are just toying with them right now.

S.J.Basketball
Allright. Halftime = Fap time. See you guys in a few.

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 10:15 PM
:laugh2:

Wow, I've never seen that before.

I am just flabbergasted at how the Nugs got back into this game. I shouldn't be, because this is who this team is now - I'm still used to the old team that would be down 20 now. But it's taking some getting used to.

LAKERMANIA
Ladies and Gentlemen, you are now witnessing, Lakers basketball at its finest. Lakers up big and end up losing the lead. But im happy it happened now instead of in the fourth quarter or something

Free Throw
allright. Halftime = fap time. See you guys in a few.

t4p.

superkegger
This game is pretty much like game 1. Except in opposite order. Last game, nuggets had the big first quarter, Lakers fought back. This game just the opposite. Ugh.

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Kobe is pissed right now, sure don't want to be a teammate in the locker room right now.

JoeRealist
hahahaha nice D Kobe!!

Becks2307
lol kobe got punked.

and denver played one of the worst halfs ive seen in the playoffs this year but somehow they are still in it..

Linas is a beast..ill never forget his 41pt game

superkegger
05-21-2009, 10:19 PM
lol kobe got punked.

and denver played one of the worst halfs ive seen in the playoffs this year but somehow they are still in it..

Linas is a beast..ill never forget his 41pt game

That's what happens when you close out a quarter 14-2.

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 10:19 PM
The Lakers fans who are pointing out that 1) LK is saving Denver in this game, and 2) Nuggets fans generally don't like him are right on both counts.

The latter is easy to explain, really. Just go check his stats from two seasons ago, last season, and this one. He really dropped off this year. So we're lucky to discover tonight that he didn't drop off so far he was beyond recovering and finding a way to put together a good game again. But yeah, bottom line is, welcome back OLD LK, because recent LK had been sucking hard.

superkegger
05-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Weird. 8 lakers hit a 3 last game, which is a playof record. Who'd a known. What a random stat.

Becks2307
05-21-2009, 10:22 PM
gotta love stu scott ! i saw him once at my job...his gf/wife is hotttt but that dude is ugly up close

DenButsu
05-21-2009, 10:23 PM
By the way, how about Melo's leadership and defense?

I'm sure Lakers fans remember last year's playoff series. How far has he come? And in part he has Kobe to thank for that - his work ethic is something Melo has specifically mentioned, that it made a strong impression on him during the Olympic team stretch.