PDA

View Full Version : Spike Lee cheering on Kobe at Laker game

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Last night game one Laker vs Nuggets, Spike Lee was cheering on Kobe at Laker game in the front row.

What you all think?

Devils05
05-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Spike Lee just did a Kobe documentary. Hmm

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Spike Lee just did a Kobe documentary. Hmm

What's your point, I think everyone knows that. Doing a documentary and cheering on a rival kind of seems like two different things.

Eagles_Guy
05-20-2009, 05:45 PM
I'd say it's traitorous, . Saying that he's trying to help sell his stupid movie about Kobe is dumb; Kobe doesn't need to be cheered on by Spike Lee to be marketable. Kobe is Kobe, people will pay attention.

Spike Lee is a moron, he plays the race card to try and sell his movies any chance he gets, his movies suck, and now he's cheering on the Lakers.

I hope Orlando makes the Finals against the Lakers so Patrick Ewing can get up from the bench and ***** slap that hack gimmick director.

FaceDown91
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
yea, here's what i think...

WHO GIVES A ******!!!?

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Are you watching PTI?

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 05:48 PM
yea, here's what i think...

WHO GIVES A ******!!!?

YOU!! Enough to comment.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Are you watching PTI?

I saw it last night while watching the game but yah PTI reminded me of it.

ATL_Representa
05-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Hes a fan of the best player in the nba..Whats the problem?

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 05:50 PM

Didn't say there was a problem, I just asked what do you think?

Deezy Dee 24
05-20-2009, 05:56 PM
i dont think it really matters.
if i could sit on the floor by kobes bench id cheer him on too hahahahaha

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 05:57 PM
I'd say it's traitorous, . Saying that he's trying to help sell his stupid movie about Kobe is dumb; Kobe doesn't need to be cheered on by Spike Lee to be marketable. Kobe is Kobe, people will pay attention.

Spike Lee is a moron, he plays the race card to try and sell his movies any chance he gets, his movies suck, and now he's cheering on the Lakers.

I hope Orlando makes the Finals against the Lakers so Patrick Ewing can get up from the bench and ***** slap that hack gimmick director.

How do your other Knick friends feel about it?

GCOOKIE7
05-20-2009, 05:59 PM

Wouldn't he be sitting front row at the Cleveland game tonight? Oh ya you're still a little bit bitter after that broom show in Atlanta.

penuch
05-20-2009, 06:02 PM

Ok not a knick fan, but why should they care its not like they are even in contention for the playoffs nevermind the conference finals. I think the knicks and their fans have way more to worry about than whom Spike Lee choses to cheer for!

Draco
05-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Spike Lee is Joe C to Kobe's Kidd Rock.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Ok not a knick fan, but why should they care its not like they are even in contention for the playoffs nevermind the conference finals. I think the knicks and their fans have way more to worry about than whom Spike Lee choses to cheer for!

Having other things to worry about wouldn't preclude me from having an opinion if Jack Nicholson was cheering on LeBron in Cleveland.

levignjw
05-20-2009, 06:25 PM

x2.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 06:27 PM
x2.

I can see you and Eagle Guys point.

Kakaroach
05-20-2009, 06:38 PM
I would mad as hell if I was Knicks fan. Spike Lee is like the Jack Nicholson of the Knicks.

kblo247
05-20-2009, 06:39 PM
I would mad as hell if I was Knicks fan. Spike Lee is like the Jack Nicholson of the Knicks.

Jack is loyal even through the terrible or what I call Cook/Smush/Kwame years

superkegger
05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Spike likes Kobe, why wouldn't he cheer him on? A lot of fans here are now cheering on the nuggets even though the nuggets aren't there team. Nothing wrong with it.

VinceGully
05-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Didn't say there was a problem, I just asked what do you think?

why you getting so sensitive everytime somebody makes a comment?

Spike and Kobe are both F*G* and that documentary was the most boring piece of ****...I wanted to like it, but fell asleep in the 3rd quarter of Kobe talking about himself.

Spike is a dick rider

MiamiHeat
05-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Spike just did the Kobe Doin' Work documentary, so he wants Kobe to do good
so he can sell his work

Eagles_Guy
05-20-2009, 07:11 PM

Haha, it's more that I don't like Spike Lee, and never have.

I actually don't really have a team, I only watch the playoffs for BB really.

KB24PG16
05-20-2009, 07:28 PM
i bet some of guys were cheering at home too dont hate

Missing56&33
05-20-2009, 07:35 PM
spike is a knick for life but hes a director

penuch
05-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Having other things to worry about wouldn't preclude me from having an opinion if Jack Nicholson was cheering on LeBron in Cleveland.

I just think its different when your team isn't in the playoffs and not even close to contention. He likes Kobe and just worked with him so yeah I think its kind of expected him to be at the game cheering Kobe on. I didn't say they shouldn't have an opinion, but seriously if thats the biggest concern for you as a knick fan than they really need to prioritize!

mrblisterdundee
05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
It's official: Spike Lee is a bandwagon-er. Why would anybody care? The man doesn't know much about basketball. He was cheering like it was the Oscars when Portland dumped Zach Randolph on New York.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 09:27 PM
why you getting so sensitive everytime somebody makes a comment?

Spike and Kobe are both F*G* and that documentary was the most boring piece of ****...I wanted to like it, but fell asleep in the 3rd quarter of Kobe talking about himself.

Spike is a dick rider

What's wrong with clarifying your point while responding to those who comment on my initial post, I'm sorry I thought this was a forum for discussion, it sounds like your being sensitive.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I knew you were watching PTI.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I just think its different when your team isn't in the playoffs and not even close to contention. He likes Kobe and just worked with him so yeah I think its kind of expected him to be at the game cheering Kobe on. I didn't say they shouldn't have an opinion, but seriously if thats the biggest concern for you as a knick fan than they really need to prioritize!

First off I am a Laker fan hence the name USMCLaker. Second, I simply asked other people their perspective on the topic and third, who said it was the biggest concern or a concern at all.

Isn't this a basketball forum to discuss all things basketball related. Seriously, if you have such a problem with it and consider it to be such a waste of time than why do you waste your time to even comment on this thread.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Jack is loyal even through the terrible or what I call Cook/Smush/Kwame years

Could you imagine Jack cheering on LeBron that would be kind of humorous.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
I knew you were watching PTI.

I always watch PTI and Around the Horn, I find them entertaining however, this has been a topic all over sports radio and tv today and thought it would be fun to talk about, boy was I wrong.

JJ81
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
They're friends.

kblo247
05-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Could you imagine Jack cheering on LeBron that would be kind of humorous.

I could see Jack paying his respects to him before the game like he has done with other great players in the past then letting him have it throughout the game.

I would honestly be shocked though to see him cheer him like Spike did throughout the whole game, but I would understand

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 09:49 PM
I always watch PTI and Around the Horn, I find them entertaining however, this has been a topic all over sports radio and tv today and thought it would be fun to talk about, boy was I wrong.

Same here. I watch both of em everyday.

I like PTI slightly better cuz they cover more subject though.

Driven
05-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Last night game one Laker vs Nuggets, Spike Lee was cheering on Kobe at Laker game in the front row.

What you all think?
What I think is... who cares?

I'm a fan of Kobe as well, but I'm not a Lakers fan.

29$JerZ
05-20-2009, 09:52 PM
He wants the Lakers to beat Cleveland so LeBron feels more inclined to get it done in NY.

He has actually said that on ESPN, close thread.

Does this really need a thread?

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Same here. I watch em everyday.

I like PTI better cuz they cover more subject though.

It's fun to watch when the sports writers on Around the Horn make their predictions and end up wrong, can't go to Vegas with their advice.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 09:55 PM
He wants the Lakers to beat Cleveland so LeBron feels more inclined to get it done in NY.

He has actually said that on ESPN, close thread.

Does this really need a thread?

Why not have a thread about something that's being talked about on sports programs, seems like a reason to open a thread not close one.

Kakaroach
05-20-2009, 09:56 PM
I knew you were watching PTI. x2 lmao

penuch
05-20-2009, 09:57 PM
First off I am a Laker fan hence the name USMCLaker. Second, I simply asked other people their perspective on the topic and third, who said it was the biggest concern or a concern at all.

Isn't this a basketball forum to discuss all things basketball related. Seriously, if you have such a problem with it and consider it to be such a waste of time than why do you waste your time to even comment on this thread.

Where did I say it was a waste of time?
Where did I say anything about lakers?
Where did I say this wasn't a place to discuss basketball things?
WHere did I say I have a problem with any of it?

I was simply offering my perspective on the situation. Not sure where you came up with any of the other stuff. If I though it was a waste of time then I wouldn't have responded.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 09:58 PM
It's fun to watch when the sports writers on Around the Horn make their predictions and end up wrong, can't go to Vegas with their advice.

Well there's 4 of em so it easier to find out which team is a favourite and which is an underdog. And I find out more things about teams I didn't know about.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Where did I say it was a waste of time?
Where did I say anything about lakers?
Where did I say this wasn't a place to discuss basketball things?
WHere did I say I have a problem with any of it?

I was simply offering my perspective on the situation. Not sure where you came up with any of the other stuff. If I though it was a waste of time then I wouldn't have responded.

Your post:

My Response:

I'm done with that.

Statik1
05-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Spike is just a fan of the game.... That is all I really see it as. We all know his loyalty is with the Knicks and Knicks fans are the one set of fans that can appreciate good basketball no matter who it is. I hold the Knicks fans in high regard due to the fact they appreciate good basketball.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Well there's 4 of em so it easier to find out which team is a favourite and which is an underdog. And I find out more things about teams I didn't know about.

Are you a Raptors fan?

Vinny642
05-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Spike Lee is wack, he needs to get off of Kobe's dick

Brooklyn Mets
05-20-2009, 10:08 PM
as a knicks fan it kind of sucks that our more notable fan is cheering on someone that's not on the knicks but i don't think it's a big deal that spike went to cheer on kobe to try and promote his documentary.. it's not like he was rooting for kobe while they were playing against the knicks..

the night kobe dropped 61 on us he was talking trash to spike during the whole game.. half the crowd had on kobe jerseys that night..

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Spike Lee is wack, he needs to get off of Kobe's dick

Yea, I am both a Laker fan and a Kobe fan but I understand what your saying it's one thing to be a fan it's another to have a man crush on him.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Are you a Raptors fan?

Lol Ya.

Can't you tell by my name?

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:13 PM
as a knicks fan it kind of sucks that our more notable fan is cheering on someone that's not on the knicks but i don't think it's a big deal that spike went to cheer on kobe to try and promote his documentary.. it's not like he was rooting for kobe while they were playing against the knicks..

the night kobe dropped 61 on us he was talking trash to spike during the whole game.. half the crowd had on kobe jerseys that night..

That's funny, but I understand New York's appreciation for KB24 when NYC is considered to be the Mecca of basketball. It seems like the feelings are mutual and Kobe loves to play in the Garden.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Lol Ya.

Can't you tell by my name?

It seemed apparent but I didn't want to make any assumptions as some might consider being called a Raptors fan offensive, Just kidding! What draft pick did you guys end up with this year?

mrblisterdundee
05-20-2009, 10:17 PM

(Correction) He's a fan of the second best player in the NBA.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 10:19 PM
It seemed apparent but I didn't want to make any assumptions as some might consider being called a Raptors fan offensive, Just kidding! What draft pick did you guys end up with this year?

9th.

BarryIsInnocent
05-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Yall are dumb *****es to think that Kobe Bryant aint the truth he da truth mane!! Yall think Spike can stand to watch them dumb *** Knicks play all day long when he sees a real basketball team playing on the Best Coast? Common Man, I mean ****, Yall think you all know everything but seriously like Who gives a ****!!!!!Its basketball!!! This aint Gradeschool No more..Yall need to get lives mane!!!!

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Yall are dumb *****es to think that Kobe Bryant aint the truth he da truth mane!! Yall think Spike can stand to watch them dumb *** Knicks play all day long when he sees a real basketball team playing on the Best Coast? Common Man, I mean ****, Yall think you all know everything but seriously like Who gives a ****!!!!!Its basketball!!! This aint Gradeschool No more..Yall need to get lives mane!!!!

Funny!! You know whats funny about this post is that most of the posters on this thread have agreed with you and said it's not a big deal but yet you say yall are dumb *****

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:31 PM
9th.

NBADraft.net has projected that the Raptors will take Earl Clark at 9 what are your thoughts on that?

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Earl Clark's alright.

Seems like a 2nd version of Marion. I'd be alright with him as our pick.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Earl Clark's alright.

Seems like a 2nd version of Marion. I'd be alright with him as our pick.

If you guys can stay healthy you should do alright. The problem is the west is so tight you can get 50+ wins and not make the playoffs.

ink
05-20-2009, 10:35 PM
No problem with it. Filmmakers make films about anything that interests them. Nothing wrong with cheering for the guy you just made a film about. Obviously he got closer to Kobe than he had been before and he was impressed. Totally fine with that.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 10:41 PM
If you guys can stay healthy you should do alright. The problem is the west is so tight you can get 50+ wins and not make the playoffs.

The Raptors are in the East

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:45 PM
The Raptors are in the East

If it weren't for injuries I think they would have made the playoffs this year.

I don't know why I thought they were in the East, brain fart I guess thanks for correction.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Ya and If the Marion trade happened sooner, it would have made a big difference seeing as how he helped us go on a 6th game win streak near the end of the season.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Wow, Magic is coming back, only down by two.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Ya and If the Marion trade happened sooner, it would have made a big difference seeing as how he helped us go on a 6th game win streak near the end of the season.

It would be nice to see Toronto in the playoffs next year. It looks like you just missed out on Stephan Curry everyone seems to think that NY will select him at 8.

USMCLaker
05-20-2009, 10:52 PM
OMG, what a flop, Lebron should be ashamed of himself.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-20-2009, 11:02 PM
It would be nice to see Toronto in the playoffs next year. It looks like you just missed out on Stephan Curry everyone seems to think that NY will select him at 8.

I don't really think he is a good fit for us anyways.

I want Harden but he is way too good to drop 9.

BUCSFORLIFE123
05-21-2009, 12:04 AM

exactly.. by creating this thread makes it look like it bothers him , and if he says theres no problem why bother creating this thread?

USMCLaker
05-21-2009, 08:40 AM
exactly.. by creating this thread makes it look like it bothers him , and if he says theres no problem why bother creating this thread?

So that the fans can discuss it that's why we call it a forum.

Unruly Fan
05-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Spike Lee = bandwagon jumper???

Or to be fair, he just appreciates a good player.

ProdigyI
05-21-2009, 12:22 PM
I think this is all a plan for Spike to try to vouch Kobe to the Knicks

Unruly Fan
05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I remember Spike Lee being a Jordan fan too. While hating Reggie Miller for reasons unkown to me.