PDA

View Full Version : Should/Will Rubio pull a Kobe

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 01:14 PM
If anybody remembers Kobe on his draft year stated that he WOULD not sign with the team that drafted him if it wasnt one he liked, he menaced to go to europe if necesarry.
COnsecuence he ended in the Lakers forcing Charlotte to a trade.

ok Rubio is too good to go to a team where he would have to fight for the starting position with Davis an allstar or COnley/Westbrook who have an edge over him because they have more years into the leauge.

He is not going to be crazy neither to go to OKC or MEM with their POOR MARKETS where NOBODY would notice him and ENdorsers would pass on him ( he is counting on endorsers to help him pay his buy out)

SO, Should he go public and say he DOES not want to play for any of the three and that he would DRop out of the draft if any of them does not trade the pick to a team he likes, or if he does not drop out that he WONT report to the team and go on playhing in europe 4 or 5 more years?

i WOULD.

what54!?
05-20-2009, 01:18 PM
well if he already has an agent he can't go back. He may have to do what yi did....wait a year and see if they trade him

Hawkeye15
05-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Memphis I can understand not wanting to go to, they have an owner who refuses to pay high dollar, and they are going to be a 20-45 win team forever, no offense Grizz fans. But OKC has a major foundation. It may be a small market, but an international phenom like Rubio will have no problem getting endoresements, etc. With Durant there, who may be a top 5 player in a year or two, and Green/Westbrook, upcoming picks, and cash, OKC is headed up big time.
He doesn't have the Kobe talent to force a trade anyways. Whomever drafts him can just keep the rights to him and let him rot overseas for a few years.

madiaz3
05-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Not sure that's how the story went...
I don't think Rubio's AGENTS care enough about it like Yi Jianlian's agents did because of misrepresentation issues.

ManRam
05-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Do you really think Rubio is ready to be an every day point guard. I saw enough of him in the Olympics to think that he needs some time. He's not strong enough, or probably a good enough shooter yet to start every day.

If he's a selfish punk he'll cause a problem and try to force his way out. But I don't see that happening. Go where you get drafted, play hard, and good things will happen eventually.

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Rubio is not kobe?

Who the HELL was KOBE on 1996!!!!! ????????

A young stud with a lot of potential being compared to some of the greatest.

that is valid for BOTH players, wer DONT know if Rubio will live up to it but Nobody KNEW if kobe woudl live to it.

Becks2307
05-20-2009, 01:34 PM
yeah come on ricky NY is where it's at.

he doesnt seem to be that kind of player though to force himself into a better market

Hawkeye15
05-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Rubio is not kobe?

Who the HELL was KOBE on 1996!!!!! ????????

A young stud with a lot of potential being compared to some of the greatest.

that is valid for BOTH players, wer DONT know if Rubio will live up to it but Nobody KNEW if kobe woudl live to it.

he isn't the prospect Kobe was, no. Kobe is bigger, stronger, faster, and was a better prospect. Fact. He was drafted late, due to high school players not pouring into the NBA at the time, so many teams were still reserved to take an 18 year old. And I agree, nobody knew Kobe would become what he has, but he was a big time prospect.

NYstateofMinD
05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Hellcrooner..hope off his ****. The truth is he's a good young player, with potential. He played with lesser talent overseas, so you don't know how he will do in the NBA. Stop overrating these guys. Ricky is good and has the potential to be something special and Westbrook is better than him at this point imo anyway.

GregOden#1
05-20-2009, 01:37 PM
he isn't the prospect Kobe was, no. Kobe is bigger, stronger, faster, and was a better prospect. Fact. He was drafted late, due to high school players not pouring into the NBA at the time, so many teams were still reserved to take an 18 year old. And I agree, nobody knew Kobe would become what he has, but he was a big time prospect.

Kobe was a guaranteed top 5 pick until he made his demand to play in either LA or NY.

Hawkeye15
05-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Kobe was a guaranteed top 5 pick until he made his demand to play in either LA or NY.

yep. I just meant he went later than he would today, due to the reservation on taking kids back then. Maybe I didn't say it right. He was a monster prospect coming out of high school

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 01:44 PM
well Rubio and competition, he has played against CP3 , Deron and KIdd and done fairly well.

If that does not qualify you....

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 01:45 PM
and westbrook isnt better.....for gods sake i d rather see him going to friggin memphis than having to go Tj Vs Calderon all over again against stupid Westbrook

The Ooh Child
05-20-2009, 01:51 PM
and westbrook isnt better.....for gods sake i d rather see him going to friggin memphis than having to go Tj Vs Calderon all over again against stupid Westbrook

You're a Spain homer

NYKnickFanatic
05-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Rubio is going to be with his buddy Gasol, he wont have a problem in Memphis.

And I dont see Rubio holding out like that, doesnt seem like that type of guy.

fire2last
05-20-2009, 01:52 PM
If Rubio demands to be drafted later in order to get on a better team I'll lose a lot of respect for him. I'm sick of these pre-Madonna's coming into pro sports and making demands before they even start playing. Pay your dues first.

king4day
05-20-2009, 01:58 PM
If Rubio demands to be drafted later in order to get on a better team I'll lose a lot of respect for him. I'm sick of these pre-Madonna's coming into pro sports and making demands before they even start playing. Pay your dues first.

He needs to go top 3 in order to afford his buyout. He already knows this means he's going to a crappy team.

philab
05-20-2009, 02:00 PM
As for Rubio being too marketable for Memphis, OKC, etc., I agree it might be a good idea for him to force these teams' hands a bit. NY would be a fantastic fit for him and he may want to find his way there whatever the means.

As for Rubio being too good to have to compete for a job, you're crazy. First, Westbrook is drawing comparisons to Dwyane Wade. The kid just turned 20. And Rubio's not going to the Clippers. And if Rubio can't beat out Conley/Crittendon, then he's got bigger problems.

Very few rookies are handed a job, especially at PG. Beasley was the #2 pick last year and didn't get handed anything. If Rubio is as good as you expect, he'll have no problem finding playing time and even a starting job.

jimbobjarree
05-20-2009, 02:04 PM
would be sweet in NY made a play, maybe using Lee would work out for both sides?

jimbobjarree
05-20-2009, 02:05 PM
and dont have a go at westy like that, the guy is sick!

theuuord
05-20-2009, 02:09 PM

lol @ pre-madonna.

i agree with your point, but that was just funny.

Don Starks
05-20-2009, 02:15 PM
i could see rubio not wanting to play in memphis regaurdless of the fact that gasol is in there. he stated he is looking for a big market team to play for. whatever team he joins he is going to lose money, he is going to focus on where he can get endorsements. i am not saying that he is going to wait out for NY cause i am not a complete homer, but i could see golden state making a trade for monte ellis and maybe moving up to grab him.

Hustla23
05-20-2009, 02:18 PM
There are certain facts that are to be taken into account.

Rubio's contract is what, 5 million?

His rookie contract + $500,000 that Memphis would pay won't cover it.

He needs public endorsements.

I don't think he'll get that in Memphis.

Becks2307
05-20-2009, 02:22 PM
LOLOLOL

PRE-MADONNA

thats hilarious

NYY 26 to 7
05-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey if he does it fantastic cuz he would be NY bound in a second. Sadly for us Knick fans that won't happen, but thanks for giving me something to pray for everynight.

abe_froman
05-20-2009, 03:26 PM
because it worked so well when yi pulled it..oh wait he ended up playing for mil anyway

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 03:45 PM
well Rubio in Memphis woudl make the team Worse.

Basically marc Gasol scored 12 a game with basically 7 or 8 touches a game.

Ricky will allow him like 15 touces thats a 18 ppg line waiting to happen and lie 5 less touches for Oj and SpECIALLY GAY and those two WONT like it and will start making trouble in the locker room

Lo Porto
05-20-2009, 03:49 PM

Kobe was not the prospect Rubio is. Everybody has known about Rubio for over a year now. Some people were calling him the best in the draft before Griffen tore it up this year. Kobe never had that type of hype coming in. I understand your point about high school player doubt, but Kobe got drafted #13. There is no way Rubio drops below #3.

However, I don't think Rubio holds out for a better team/market. Memphis would be a bad fit for many reasons, but the Clippers or OKC would be great playing time and market fits.

azkarraga
05-20-2009, 03:56 PM
The thing is, is memphis going to pay him what he needs to buy out his contract? If they do, he'll be there. If not, he'll wait.

VCaintdead17
05-20-2009, 03:57 PM

I doubt Rubio will be as good as Westbrook

GoatMilk
05-20-2009, 03:57 PM
this spanish dude is crazy
just ignore all of his threads

Lo Porto
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Hey if he does it fantastic cuz he would be NY bound in a second. Sadly for us Knick fans that won't happen, but thanks for giving me something to pray for everynight.

Why don't the Knicks sign-and-trade Nate Robinson and #8 to get Memphis'#2 pick? Nate would probably sell more tickets and merchandise than Rubio. Plus, Memphis would get more national attention for the dunk contest and other marketing opportunities. Nate wouldn't start in Memphis, but he'd make a nice 3 guard combo with Conley and Mayo.

New York gets Rubio.

NYstateofMinD
05-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Rubio should learn from Yis mistake. Yi is a nobody now. Not saying Rubio is going to be a bust, but being an 18 year old rookie playing internationally Rubio has enough going against him. Him bi****** about where he goes is just going to make the transition tougher for him. Oh and about the Calderon vs TJ remark, we all see how well Calderon turned Toronto around. :rolleyes:

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 04:03 PM
^playing with an injury and after losing important role palyers as delfino and garbajosa?

superkegger
05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
I thought Rubio neede to be a top 3 pick to afford his buyout. Plus, he'll never be as good as Kobe, so it's a moot point.

NYstateofMinD
05-20-2009, 04:10 PM
^playing with an injury and after losing important role palyers as delfino and garbajosa?

Okay Hellcrooner...your right. Rubio will be better than Magic Johnson, and will be the GOAT. Pau Gasol will finish his career as the best PF to ever play the game. Fernandez will win MVP next year and be better than both Kobe and LeBron put together. Calderon will break the assist record set by John Stockon. Finally, Marc Gasol will break the all-time scoring record by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Then the NBA will move to Spain, because Spain is the best place on the planet.

Frrrrank!!!
05-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Okay Hellcrooner...your right. Rubio will be better than Magic Johnson, and will be the GOAT. Pau Gasol will finish his career as the best PF to ever play the game. Fernandez will win MVP next year and be better than both Kobe and LeBron put together. Calderon will break the assist record set by John Stockon. Finally, Marc Gasol will break the all-time scoring record by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Then the NBA will move to Spain, because Spain is the best place on the planet.

:laugh2:

philab
05-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Why don't the Knicks sign-and-trade Nate Robinson and #8 to get Memphis'#2 pick? Nate would probably sell more tickets and merchandise than Rubio. Plus, Memphis would get more national attention for the dunk contest and other marketing opportunities. Nate wouldn't start in Memphis, but he'd make a nice 3 guard combo with Conley and Mayo.

New York gets Rubio.

Nate Robinson and the #8 for the #2? Seriously?

If anyone can do it, it's Chris Wallace. Still, that's a horrible and very unlikely trade.

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 04:16 PM

ha ha ha

Not that far
but if everything worked RIGHT and no racims was implied.

Pau would win 3 or 4 rings with the lakers and 2 or 3 more all stars enter the HOF and have his number hanign in La and Memphis

Marc would ahv a long career as a slid starter averagin 15/10

Calderon would have a lonc career as a starter

Rudy would have a long career as borderline star and maybe one or two all stars win a dunk contest and 3pt contest.

Rubio will be a career ALL STAR and deppending on winning rings or not maybe be a hof.

IRUAM #21
05-20-2009, 04:16 PM
this spanish dude is crazy
just ignore all of his threads
:laugh2:

haha :clap:

IversonIsKrazy
05-20-2009, 04:25 PM
seems like a lot of spanish ballers go to memphis. Im pretty sure he wont demand a trade or anything, and he is waayyy better than Conley. Thabeet isnt a good complimentary to Gasol. IMO, they should take Ricky, to end the horrible COnley-era before it starts.

If Rubio goes to OKC, i dont know what to say. THey'd prolly trade him or something.

what54!?
05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
seems like a lot of spanish ballers go to memphis. Im pretty sure he wont demand a trade or anything, and he is waayyy better than Conley. Thabeet isnt a good complimentary to Gasol. IMO, they should take Ricky, to end the horrible COnley-era before it starts.

If Rubio goes to OKC, i dont know what to say. THey'd prolly trade him or something.
if think if rubio wasn't picked first or second, OKC will pass him up and pick someone else

NYstateofMinD
05-20-2009, 04:33 PM
If OKC does pass him, then he's going to Sacramento. That would be interesting.

lakerboy
05-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Please Ricky, if you aren't going to LA, just go to the East.

SteveNash
05-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Rubio's looking like he'll pull a Fran Vazquez.

futureman
05-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Memphis can actually buy his contract that he has overseas out. Thats why he won't pull a kobe.

mrblisterdundee
05-20-2009, 08:47 PM
If OJ Mayo didn't pull a Kobe, then don't expect Rubio to.

Hustla23
05-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Memphis can actually buy his contract that he has overseas out. Thats why he won't pull a kobe.

No they can't.

His buyout is 8 million dollars.

The $500,000 Memphis can pay on top of his rookie contract doesn't even come close.

aNYer
05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
No they can't.

His buyout is 8 million dollars.

The $500,000 Memphis can pay on top of his rookie contract doesn't even come close.

yup, with the fixed rookie salaries and limited amount of money you can pay towards the buy out he would actually be paying to play. This is why it is not unreasonable to think he won't come this year and pay to play for Memphis. I can't imagine he doesn't come next season, he will still have to buy his way out of his contract but I am sure he will come to some sort of deal before the season after next.

Chronz
05-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Stay overseas, I dont want to see him on any of these teams either.

hotpotato1092
05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Knicks trade David Lee, their #8 pick and a future second rounder to Memphis for the #2. Seems fair to me.

Draco
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Players landing in small markets doesn't bother me.. I'd rather have talent go to the best managed teams. I don't mind Memphis having a chance.. they haven't done anything horrible like make illegal, under the table moves or crippled their cap space in pursuit of a pipe dream.

Kakaroach
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Hopefully he is not that kind of a snob. Don't forget that Gasol plays in Memphis and OKC is an upcoming team. LAC won't draft him. Rubio doesn't seem like a stuck-up guy, at least not in that interview on ESPN.

montazingmvp
05-20-2009, 10:31 PM
excuse my language. but unless he's an arrogant little p.r.i..c..k like kobe (which i doubt he is)...he better not do that...i don't think players should even be allowed to do that...it hinders teams that are terrible, from getting better...aka grizzlies

aNYer
05-20-2009, 10:37 PM
anyone saying he is an ******* if he does this (and it might surprise you to hear that I hate when players make those type of demands even though I am from NY cause I do think it says something about you under normal circumstances) if YOU were him, would you want to pay millions of dollars to play for a small market team or would you want to go to a big market team and hope with good marketing you could break even and maybe even make a mil. Ask yourself, what would YOU HONESTLY do in his situation.

I Am Awesome-O
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Marc Gasol. That is all.

montazingmvp
05-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Stay overseas, I dont want to see him on any of these teams either.

when he gets drafted, odds are he's going to a bad team no matter what

Kings Faithful
05-20-2009, 10:54 PM
If he gets traded it will probably be to the Kings because Sacramento WANTS Rubio to be our starting PG and we have the #4 pick to offer.

montazingmvp
05-20-2009, 10:58 PM
anyone saying he is an ******* if he does this (and it might surprise you to hear that I hate when players make those type of demands even though I am from NY cause I do think it says something about you under normal circumstances) if YOU were him, would you want to pay millions of dollars to play for a small market team or would you want to go to a big market team and hope with good marketing you could break even and maybe even make a mil. Ask yourself, what would YOU HONESTLY do in his situation.

i'm a humble person, and frankly no matter where he's going to go, he'll be richer than he deserves. it takes a lot of arrogance to make a demand like that before he ever plays a single game in the nba...i would lose all respect from him if he did this...you can think what you want, but nba players should not get whatever they want, no matter how good they...were not talking about gandhi or mother theresa here, were talking about athletes. they entertain us, thats where it ends...if he's going to act like a little brat (of course this is all speculation) he will not earn my respect...which is exactly why i don't respect kobe

aNYer
05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
i'm a humble person, and frankly no matter where he's going to go, he'll be richer than he deserves. it takes a lot of arrogance to make a demand like that before he ever plays a single game in the nba...i would lose all respect from him if he did this...you can think what you want, but nba players should not get whatever they want, no matter how good they...were not talking about gandhi or mother theresa here, were talking about athletes. they entertain us, thats where it ends...if he's going to act like a little brat (of course this is all speculation) he will not earn my respect...which is exactly why i don't respect kobe

but that wasn't my point. I agree with that NORMALLY. But would YOU personally pay a couple of million dollars to play basketball, cause that is what people are saying he should do. I can not call someone a brat for not wanting to pay millions to play.

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 11:43 PM
here comes the trouble.

If he is picked 1st he woudl be paying 80% of his salary to play inthe league

if he is picked second he woudl be paying 90% of his salary

if he goes third he PLAYS 3 years for FREE in Okc where he may not even start because of Westbrook having eh edge for having arrived first.

4th? Kings would have to wait a year because with his salary he would not be able to pay the buy out.

So whould you play for 50000 dollars (before taxes) a year on a small market team and withouth being the starter (davis, conley/mayo who wants to play point/ , westbrook)

or would you DROP out and wait a year, or try to force matters so the team that has the pick trades you?.

If he goes to NY ENDORSERS will pay his buyout.

Please Clippers trade Davis back for MAggete as rumored and then Pick Rubio.

Is my last hope of soemthing decent for the kid.

THE MTL
05-20-2009, 11:44 PM
I think Ricky Rubio might stay international than force his way to a big market team. If he goes through all the trouble of forcing his way to a big market team, he SHOULD go to NEW YORK! Which is slated for 8th pick. Rubio dropping to 8th pick without any bone-head team trying to steal him is unlikely.

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 11:49 PM
^he cant do that.

he needs to FORCE a pick trade.

If he falls to 8th then you ll need to wait a whole year....

unless you convince some endorsers that THEY pay the buy out.....wich i dont know if its legal under league rules.

montazingmvp
05-20-2009, 11:51 PM
i just hope he somehow lands on the warriors...we desperately need a pg, and rubio would be really good paired with ellis imo..

of course this is very unlikely

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 11:56 PM
^maybe memphis woudl like your pick and Anthony Randplph ( who is not liked by nelson)?

GS is one team i would like Rubio in.

theuuord
05-20-2009, 11:58 PM
^he cant do that.

he needs to FORCE a pick trade.

If he falls to 8th then you ll need to wait a whole year....

unless you convince some endorsers that THEY pay the buy out.....wich i dont know if its legal under league rules.

If he gets an endorsement deal, he can use that money however he likes. It's his money.

Hellcrooner
05-21-2009, 12:02 AM
league should REMOVE stupid "only 500000 dollars for buyots" rule.

I mean, you cant pay buyouts to other nba teams so whats the point.

Distorting draft position for foreigners?

Making players pay for being european and having to earn a ****** salary as a punishment?

its tyresome.

Pau had to lose money for 4 years to play in the league.

Rudy is losing money until 2012

i dont think that is normal.

philab
05-21-2009, 12:29 AM
^^^ Clippers are NOT taking Rubio. Seriously, that's not even a possibility.

Be thankful anyway. The Clippers would probably ruin him.

aNYer
05-21-2009, 12:46 AM
^^^ Clippers are NOT taking Rubio. Seriously, that's not even a possibility.

Be thankful anyway. The Clippers would probably ruin him.

I think the main point is that if he goes to memphis or OKC he would be making negative millions to play

philab
05-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I think the main point is that if he goes to memphis or OKC he would be making negative millions to play

Oh I get it, but he's begging for the Clippers to take Rubio. That's not going to happen.

aNYer
05-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Oh I get it, but he's begging for the Clippers to take Rubio. That's not going to happen.

which is why he doesn't want him going to a team where he has to pay to play. But yeah, Griffin is a lock for number 1.

astrosmaniac
05-21-2009, 07:43 AM
if OKC drafted him, then westbrook would start at SG, durant at SF, and Green at PF, with rubio the starting PG. westbrook is a combo guards and would have no problem at SG. you dont pick the #3 pick to ride the bench

azkarraga
05-21-2009, 08:10 AM
i think rubio should go to memphis and show how good/competitive he's in the NBA. Then, he can ask for whatever he wants (if he finds someone willing to give it to him).

But one step at a time. Fist kick conley's ***. then probe to be a solid starter (calderon has not, so far). just like rudy or marc are doing.

azkarraga
05-21-2009, 08:11 AM
and yes, hellcrooner is got a point. foreing players have harder because of the 500000 buy out clause. it doesnt make sense.

Trouble87
05-21-2009, 08:57 AM
if he does hold out... NY will welcome him with open arms

SusanoWo
05-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Hello guys,

First of all thanks on behalf of the "crazy about the spanish ballers" community for the respect shown generally on this posts to Hellcrooner.

I do not see anything wrong with the support of specific individuals. I did not like Rubio as much as most did when he was 16 years old but right now I have to say he is one of the best bballer *prospects* Spain has ever had. The fact that he is going to be pick number 2 or 3 (probably) of the NBA draft, albeit a decaff one, is generally a big thing. This hype affects fans on the NBA and obviously back in Spain as well.

Rubio knew already about his contract buyout needs were he to choose quitting his current team. While I will not say I endorse the current system, if it remains unchanged then, you want to play ball in the NBA?, you have to abide by the rules. This means you may think the team that picks you is not level with the expectations fans or yourself have. Rubio is set on leaving Badalona now and he decided to take the gamble on.

As for the question that started the thread, I am against tantrums. The rules are there and till we change them, they are to be respected. Besides, I think Rubio has the class to at least take it as it comes and fight for his place in the NBA dream.

Thanks for reading

DeeJay
05-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Ricky Rubio could pull out of the NBA draft because he has no interest in playing for Memphis or Oklahoma City, according to an NBA source.
"He’ll pull out if he doesn’t like what he’s hearing," the source said. Rubio's agent is Dan Fegan, who was in charge of Yi Jianlian and his attempt to avoid Milwaukee in 2007. The Grizz will draft the best player available, which could be bad news for PG Mike Conley if Rubio is bluffing. "We’re going to go after the biggest talent available, whether that’s a big man or a point guard or whatever," GM Chris Wallace said.
Source: DraftExpress.com

per Rotoworld

Corey
05-21-2009, 10:06 AM
OKC is the perfect place for Rubio. Their a center away from being a legit contender in 1-2 years.

Having a line of:
Rubio
Westbrook
Durant
Green
(Center)

Is going to be amazing once their lineup develops. Right now they have Kristic as a starting center, and that's serviceable, but they also have the 25th pick in the draft, and other trade pieces to make a move for a young center if they wanted to.

Mark my words, OKC is going to be a powerhouse in the next few years.

Bucsfan
05-21-2009, 10:19 AM
If anybody remembers Kobe on his draft year stated that he WOULD not sign with the team that drafted him if it wasnt one he liked, he menaced to go to europe if necesarry.
COnsecuence he ended in the Lakers forcing Charlotte to a trade.

ok Rubio is too good to go to a team where he would have to fight for the starting position with Davis an allstar or COnley/Westbrook who have an edge over him because they have more years into the leauge.

He is not going to be crazy neither to go to OKC or MEM with their POOR MARKETS where NOBODY would notice him and ENdorsers would pass on him ( he is counting on endorsers to help him pay his buy out)

SO, Should he go public and say he DOES not want to play for any of the three and that he would DRop out of the draft if any of them does not trade the pick to a team he likes, or if he does not drop out that he WONT report to the team and go on playhing in europe 4 or 5 more years?

i WOULD.

players that do crap like that are not good NBA players imo, they shouldnt ***** and moan about how much "tv coverage" they will get, they are in the freakin NBA, if you are good you will get coverage

players and fans that support pulling this "i will only play for teams i like" crap are what is ruining sports

theimortalone
05-21-2009, 11:06 AM
You're a Spain homer

Haha indeed he is.

Hellcrooner
05-21-2009, 11:10 AM
^so kobe and larry bird are crap? ;)

also how much noticed was Pau Gasol in Memphis? In comparison to now on Lakers? ( top ten tshirt seller).

philab
05-21-2009, 02:35 PM
^so kobe and larry bird are crap? ;)

also how much noticed was Pau Gasol in Memphis? In comparison to now on Lakers? ( top ten tshirt seller).

Yeah, but that doesn't really have anything to do with him being Spanish, just that LA is a top 2 US market.

Rubio is and will be a very marketable star. That's why I say if he wants to force his way into a big market, hell, go right ahead. He has to know their are some difficulties and consequences, but it's probably worth it for him.

But Spanish, Italian, Ethiopian, Canadian, American, whatever -- he's not entitled to any playing time or starting jobs (at least not moreso than any other player drafted in his position).

So basically, if he wants to avoid OKC or Memphis because they're small markets -- great. If he wants to avoid them because he's "too good" to compete for time, that's lame.