PDA

View Full Version : What happens to Mike Conley?

Rockets Fanatic
05-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Assuming the Grizzlies draft Ricky Rubio.

What happens to this guy?

ProdigyI
05-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Ricky Rubio
O.J Mayo
Rudy Gay
Darrell Arthur
Marc Gasol

Conley bench

pete_one
05-19-2009, 09:41 PM
nothing, the grizz trade rubio to the lakers for farmar LOL

AccUrSeD
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
He goes to the blazers!

Rockets Fanatic
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Jw...Is it really worth for the Blazers to trade for him besides the fact he has chemistry with Oden

jtrinaldi
05-19-2009, 09:48 PM
memphis is gonna take thabeet they need a bigman bad

AccUrSeD
05-19-2009, 09:48 PM
The blazers need a PG, Conley could be that guy.

dbow1920
05-19-2009, 09:59 PM

they wont because they have Gasol...unless he is able to play PF?

Ovratd1up
I could see Griffin falling on their lap either through draft or trade. A frontcourt of Griffin and Gasol paired with Conley, Mayo, and Gay would be a force to reckon with to say the least.

If not, I don't see why the Timberwolves haven't made a move for him. I think he would fit in perfectly and be their long term answer at Point.

I Am Awesome-O

False. There is no way Memphis doesn't take Rubio unless they trade the pick for a star or trade up for Griffin.

Chisox@22
05-19-2009, 10:04 PM
To heck with Thabeet
he cant play offense, we need low post scoring in Memphis
We need to Trade Conley and Milicic for Aldridge or #1(Blake Griffin)

AccUrSeD
05-19-2009, 10:06 PM
We need to Trade Conley and Milicic for Aldridge

Not in a million years... rofl

Chisox@22
05-19-2009, 10:08 PM
ok, trade rubio for aldridge straight up

AccUrSeD
05-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Blazers aren't trading Aldridge

Chisox@22
05-19-2009, 10:14 PM
well we are the only team that has two top point guards and portland doesnt
something has to give

Rockets Fanatic
05-19-2009, 10:15 PM
An unproven 18 Year Old PG who has medeoker shooting isnt woth straight up for a 18 and 9 guy

AccUrSeD
05-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Paul Allen is just going to buy pick # 2

td0tsfinest
05-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Conley's been on the trading block for a while. IMO, I would take Rubio over Conley in a heart beat. There's a huge gap (in talent) between the 1 & 2 and the rest. Take Rubio and package Conley for a PF.

AccUrSeD
05-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Channing Frye is a very similar player to LaMarcus Aldridge. I am sure that portland and memphis can come up with some kind of dealing involving conley and frye (maybe outlaw).

Angel
05-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Assuming the Grizzlies draft Ricky Rubio.

What happens to this guy?

He'll stay til his contract is up. Ricky Rubio is only 18 years old guys. He has a lot to learn before he can take over a team. He will be great but he's not ready quite yet.

cle12152433
05-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Memphis fans....

Im an Ohio State fan and nauturally, I live in Ohio and thought COnley should have stayed (I blame Oden and his peer pressure) but I have a question....

A) Is Conley sucking or what?? We dont hear much about the Grizzlies here....all Cavaliers. It sounds as if he is pretty bad...Whats the scoop?

AccUrSeD
05-19-2009, 10:29 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oyjw93

Angel
05-19-2009, 10:30 PM
An unproven 18 Year Old PG who has medeoker shooting isnt woth straight up for a 18 and 9 guy

Ricky Rubio is going to be a superstar pal. I don't know what your talking about. Scouts have been watching this kid since he was 12 years old.

jtrinaldi
05-19-2009, 10:34 PM
conley sucks so much the bucks even turned down a trade for him

homestarunner93
05-19-2009, 10:38 PM

:laugh:

What is this abomination of a word?

Kakaroach
05-19-2009, 10:45 PM
They keep him for the bench for right now. Trade him in the long run or maybe even on draft day.

mzgrizz
05-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Conley played well after the switch from Iavaroni to Hollins as coach. He most definitely does not suck. He is becoming an excellent PG (in the mode of a young Tony Parker to me). I am happy to keep him, but equally happy to trade him plus whatever for an established #4. We need the #4 worse than a PG at this pint IMO.

allvalleychamp
05-20-2009, 12:01 AM
trade him to the warriors

superkegger
05-20-2009, 12:09 AM
why don't we just not assume who teams will take? Maybe the clips pull a clippers and draft thabeet or some ****.

SB75
05-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Trade Conley Jr. to Atlanta. We will take him in a heartbeat.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-20-2009, 12:27 AM
lol espns mock draft is saying memphis would have takin thabeet even with the first pick so nothings stoping them from taking him with the second pick which is what i think they will do and dont be shocked if he does as talented as rubio is he mite actaulyl fall to the kings at 4th

Philly Hammer
05-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Playing a guy that's 7-2 at power forward that idea sounds just as stupid as your post.:confused:

Charky
05-20-2009, 12:49 AM
why not offer conley to the knicks with a future 1st for david lee and maybe a bad contract that would help both teams?

blackjack_119
05-20-2009, 12:59 AM
why not offer conley to the knicks with a future 1st for david lee and maybe a bad contract that would help both teams?

Because Memphis could just sign Lee to an offer sheet knowing full well that the Knicks can't match because they are saving for 2010.

AI4MVP
05-20-2009, 12:59 AM
To heck with Thabeet
he cant play offense, we need low post scoring in Memphis
We need to Trade Conley and Milicic for Aldridge or #1(Blake Griffin)

are u high or ********? why would the clippers trade blake griffin, a person withmvp potential, for a back up point guard and the biggest bust n draft history

abe_froman
05-20-2009, 01:00 AM
why not just move marc to pf and take thabeet?

though think ricky would be best choice(bpa)

thesparky33
05-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Playing a guy that's 7-2 at power forward that idea sounds just as stupid as your post.:confused:

At 7'1, Kevin Garnett started his career as a SF, and played over 13 years at PF, rarely ever seeing minutes as a center.

So what's your point?

NYstateofMinD
05-20-2009, 02:06 AM
I would trade him for a veteran PG to teach Ricky a few things. He will have too much pressure with Mayo and Gay asking for the ball. Having Gasol would help him fit in a little better, but this will be interesting.

BigEric
05-20-2009, 02:28 AM
lol espns mock draft is saying memphis would have takin thabeet even with the first pick so nothings stoping them from taking him with the second pick which is what i think they will do and dont be shocked if he does as talented as rubio is he mite actaulyl fall to the kings at 4th

If he did, I'd be on cloud 9. Who would the Thunder take in front of Rubio, though?

Lakers211221
05-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Ricky Rubio
O.J Mayo
Rudy Gay
Darrell Arthur
Marc Gasol

Conley bench

Wrong...they draft Thabeet:

Conley
Mayo
Gay
Arthur
Thabeet

Boston Faithful
05-20-2009, 04:25 AM
Conley to the Hawks, Knicks or 76ers would sound very appealing. Assuming Andre Miller walks, the Knicks need a new PG and the Hawks get a young new one - they'd all be set.

KnicksPain
05-20-2009, 06:01 AM
maybe, just maybe, they have TWO serviceable point guards on their team. Crazy right?

Bulls_fan90
05-20-2009, 06:29 AM

True, they actually indicated that they'd look at taking Thabeet with the first pick if they landed it.

fredv
05-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Package Conley+Milicic for Sergio+Rudy+Bayless or Outlaw+Bayless since Portland wants him so badly.
Draft Rubio.

Rubio/Bayless
OJ da Juice Man/Rudy
Gay/Sergio
Arthur
Gasol

or

Rubio/Bayless
OJ
Gay
Outlaw/Arthur
Gasol

KnicksorBust
05-20-2009, 07:26 AM
I'd love him on the Knicks.

Conley + Arthur + Expiring for David Lee + Jared Jeffries makes a lot of sense to me.

Grizz become:
Rubio
Mayo
Gay
Lee
Gasol

I don't see how they turn that down and the Knicks get a PG for the future, keep their pick at #8 and shed Jeffries.

GregOden#1
05-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Sergio+Outlaw+Blake for Conley+Jaric? Sergio needs a fresh start and a coach who doesn't hate him, with him Gasol and Rubio they could start their own Spanish Armada. Blake is instant capspace since he can be waived, and Jaric is the bad contract coming the other way.

Faneik
05-20-2009, 07:52 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oyjw93

you're a blazers fan... you should know better than that.

no way outlaw leaves portland for memphis to be a sub.

they grizzlies would know they would get an unhappy player, that doesn't fill a need.

Westbrook36
05-20-2009, 08:18 AM
If they draft Rubio (I think they take Thabeet) then they trade Conley to the 76ers (1st round pick + something eles) or Blazers for Rudy Ferendez + something other parts most likely from both sides. (sp?).

Westbrook36
05-20-2009, 08:20 AM
No reason why Marc Gasol can't play PF. His brother is 7 ft tall and plays PF/C. It's really not that much of a difference and he has the speed IMO.

ccugrad1
05-20-2009, 08:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-090519

Haven't read all the posts, so this may have already been posted:

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Memphis

Hasheem Thabeet
Position: C
Height: 7-3
Weight: 265
School: Connecticut

Analysis: An NBA source told me today that Memphis was the one team that might take Thabeet instead of Griffin if it were to get the No. 1 pick -- that's how much the Grizzlies need size. So it seems likely they would take Thabeet ahead of Rubio. Marc Gasol was good last year, but he's more of an offensive player than a defensive player.

But Rubio remains an option here, and he might be a better long-term fit than Thabeet.

jimbobjarree
05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
would the Griz trade the pick or Conley to the Kings do you think?

Manos
05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Wrong...they draft Thabeet:

Conley
Mayo
Gay
Arthur
Thabeet

So then what do you think they're going to do with Gasol?

Manos
05-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Sergio+Outlaw+Blake for Conley+Jaric? Sergio needs a fresh start and a coach who doesn't hate him, with him Gasol and Rubio they could start their own Spanish Armada. Blake is instant capspace since he can be waived, and Jaric is the bad contract coming the other way.

I would do this in a second if I were Memphis. Then I'd ship Blake for a backup 3.

jimbobjarree
05-20-2009, 08:50 AM
we'd take blakey at the Jazz

jtrinaldi
05-20-2009, 09:11 AM
the best trade idea is the one you dont post

STL/Mizzou/DZ
05-20-2009, 09:46 AM
trade conley 4 Rudy and then u have the all spanish team

Denver-boy
05-20-2009, 09:48 AM
thabeet... but your argueing to get Aldridge??? Rubio will be selected... and Conley will be traded! thats all i know from the situation.. And Conley Cool with it

king4day
05-20-2009, 09:48 AM
False. There is no way Memphis doesn't take Rubio unless they trade the pick for a star or trade up for Griffin.

#2 and change for Amare :)

king4day
05-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I would do this in a second if I were Memphis. Then I'd ship Blake for a backup 3.

Sign Matt Barnes. He'll be cheap and is a FA.

Denver-boy
05-20-2009, 09:51 AM
No reason why Marc Gasol can't play PF. His brother is 7 ft tall and plays PF/C. It's really not that much of a difference and he has the speed IMO.

YA , I thought his brother didnt play center... Whats the big deal...thabeet the second best player coming out of the draft....

masalex1205
05-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I was really angry when the Bobcats took DJ Augustine in the 2008 draft because we already have a solid point guard in Raymond Felton. But there are a lot of pluses to have two really good point guards on the Grizzlies.

1.) The NBA season is long and one or both of your point guards are bound to get injured (which happened at different times to Augustine and Felton). Rubio and Conley (at least one) is bound to get injured at some point throughout the season.

2.) Point guard is the most important position on the floor. Just look at what a turnaround the Nuggets made by adding Billups.

3.) The younger point guard can be mentored by the veteran, trying to make a rookie a team leader sometimes can damage confidence and ruin a career. (Look at so many quarterbacks drafted w/o a mentor, good luck Stafford). It takes a lot of the pressure off of Rubio.

4.) The Grizzlies are lucky because both are going to be on rookie contracts assuming they take Rubio. They have a little while to decide which player they want to go with for the long term.

5.) They can wait and see. One of the two is going to pan out, they both just have too much talent. If both seem good they can pick one and trade the other, good point guards are hard to find.

masalex1205
05-20-2009, 10:36 AM
At 7'1, Kevin Garnett started his career as a SF, and played over 13 years at PF, rarely ever seeing minutes as a center.

So what's your point?

Garnett is 6'11"

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Marc Gasol cant play PF.

If they Draft thabeet then they better trade gasol for a PF

If they trade Rubio they better trade COnley for a PF.

Best posible trade

COnley for Lee.

Rubio, Oj, Gay, Lee and Gasol

that could REaLY work as long as Mayo and Gay dont complain when Marc starts getting a lot more touches and maybe overscoring one of the two.

Fayzon10
05-20-2009, 01:12 PM
nothing, the grizz trade rubio to the lakers for farmar LOL Or better yet for Adam Morrison!!!:)

Hawkeye15
05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
i was really angry when the bobcats took dj augustine in the 2008 draft because we already have a solid point guard in raymond felton. But there are a lot of pluses to have two really good point guards on the grizzlies.

1.) the nba season is long and one or both of your point guards are bound to get injured (which happened at different times to augustine and felton). Rubio and conley (at least one) is bound to get injured at some point throughout the season.

2.) point guard is the most important position on the floor. Just look at what a turnaround the nuggets made by adding billups.

3.) the younger point guard can be mentored by the veteran, trying to make a rookie a team leader sometimes can damage confidence and ruin a career. (look at so many quarterbacks drafted w/o a mentor, good luck stafford). It takes a lot of the pressure off of rubio.

4.) the grizzlies are lucky because both are going to be on rookie contracts assuming they take rubio. They have a little while to decide which player they want to go with for the long term.

5.) they can wait and see. One of the two is going to pan out, they both just have too much talent. If both seem good they can pick one and trade the other, good point guards are hard to find.

+1

Hawkeye15
05-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Garnett is 6'11"

no, he isn't. He was when he was measured at 18. I have seen him up close numerous times. He is over 7'

AccUrSeD
05-20-2009, 03:44 PM
no, he isn't. He was when he was measured at 18. I have seen him up close numerous times. He is over 7'

Apparently you have bad judgment.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/roster/

greg_ory_2005
05-20-2009, 03:56 PM

Garnett>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gasol. That's why he has the ability to play PF effectively and Gasol doesn't.

Swish-a-licious
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM

I see us leaning toward Thabeet because I don't see us shelling out the buyout money for Rubio and not addressing our needs for a big defensive PF/C. There are very few big talented players in the draft this year, and there are a plethora of guards. We could still have a shot a Patty Mills or Darren Collison with our other number one pick.

It is debatable how well he will mesh with Marc, but I think the need we have to get bigger, tougher, and more rebounding from our frontcourt outweighs our need for an upgrade at point. Ideally, we draft Rubio and trade him, or trade down a spot or two and still get Thabeet or Jordan Hill.

Chad Ford sees it happening.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=MockDraft-090519

Swish-a-licious
05-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Marc Gasol cant play PF.

If they Draft thabeet then they better trade gasol for a PF

If they trade Rubio they better trade COnley for a PF.

Best posible trade

COnley for Lee.

Rubio, Oj, Gay, Lee and Gasol

that could REaLY work as long as Mayo and Gay dont complain when Marc starts getting a lot more touches and maybe overscoring one of the two.

I would be pretty happy with mike for Lee. That would be a solid move for both teams

JaySmoke
05-20-2009, 04:07 PM
conley and warrick for haslem and dorrel wright

blazerman
05-20-2009, 04:36 PM

Grizzlies fan should give up with your wild trade ideas like this one or Sergio,Outlaw and Blake for Mike Conley and Jaric or Bayless and a 1st rd pick for Conley.

First and foremost any one Blazer named above is better than Conley let alone multiple players, I mean come on your the Grizzlies you guys dont make good trades like that.
Just because Oden is in Portland and he and Conley both have had their struggles dont expect the Blazers and our fanbase to think if they play together they will magically get better. Not happening, the best deal the Blazers would offer is Sergio and pick(maybe a 1st) and if Paul Allens in a good mood he might throw in a pair of Blazer season tickets to the Grizzlies GM(Im just joking on that part but thats about how rediculous those trade offers are).

With the 2nd pick and some available cap space you guys could really turn it around with Thabeet or Rubio and Boozer or Milsap so look forward to having a good offseason but be reasonally on offers.

I knew if the Grizzlies or Thunder got in the top 3 they would benefit greatly by being able to select a quality player of need(also help attract higher quality FA'S) then they could narrow down whom they will go after in the FA market.
Although Detroit has been mentioned for Boozer I think the Grizzlies and Thunder will be considered now by the better FA's because they will both have mutiple high quality players and the right FA could make all the difference in turning one of these teams into a playoff team.

blazerman
05-20-2009, 04:48 PM

Grizzlies fan should give up with your wild trade ideas like this one or Sergio,Outlaw and Blake for Mike Conley and Jaric or Bayless and a 1st rd pick for Conley.

First and foremost and one Blazer named above is better than Conley let alone multiple players, I mean come on your the Grizzlies you guys dont make good trades like that.
Just because Oden is in Portland and he and Conley both have had their struggles dont expect the Blazers and our fanbase to think if they play together they will magically get better. Not happening, the best deal the Blazers would offer is Sergio and pick(maybe a 1st) and if Paul Allens in a good mood he might throw in a pair of season tickets to the Grizzlies GM(Im just joking on that part but thats about how rediculous those trade offers are).
With the 2nd pick and some available cap space you guys could really turn it around with Thabeet or Rubio and Boozer or Milsap so look forward to having a good offseason but be reasonally on offers.

I knew if the Grizzlies or Thunder got in the top 3 they would benefit greatly by being able to select a quality player of need(also help attract higher quality FA'S) then they could narrow down whom they will go after in the FA market.
Although Detroit has been mentioned for Boozer I think the Grizzlies and Thunder will get be considered now because they will both have mutiple high quality players and the right FA could make all the difference and be the difference into turning one of these teams into a playoff team.

Hawkeye15
05-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Apparently you have bad judgment.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/roster/

since when does roster height reflect real height? Kevin Love is listed 6'10".

AccUrSeD
05-20-2009, 05:05 PM
since when does roster height reflect real height? Kevin Love is listed 6'10".

Since when does you seeing Kevin Garnett in person make him automatically 7'1 ???

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 05:22 PM
i would love a Second pick for Bayless, Outlow First pick and one of their seconds trade with Portland

Swish-a-licious
05-20-2009, 05:32 PM
conley and warrick for haslem and dorrel wright

At first I was thinking no way to this offer, but it is interesting. If we draft Rubio and get a FA PF, I could see us making a trade like this. I am thinking we prolly won't keep Hak anyway, so a sign and trade with him is likely. If we could get a pick from you too, I would say green light. Only if we have already signed Boozer or Milsap or Varajo or chis anderson or someone like that though.

dodie53
05-20-2009, 08:24 PM
conley will come off the bench

mrblisterdundee
05-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Portland should definitely try to get Conley when Memphis takes Rubio. They could try to give them Sergio. Frye would be a nice add-in, since he could give the Grizzlies some more experienced depth at power forward, and play a little center.

Chronz
05-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Garnett is 6'11"

You dont really believe that do you

Westbrook36
05-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Portland should definitely try to get Conley when Memphis takes Rubio. They could try to give them Sergio. Frye would be a nice add-in, since he could give the Grizzlies some more experienced depth at power forward, and play a little center.

It's going to take Rudy not Sergio..

PIPster86
05-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I think Memphis should draft Hasheem Thabeet with the second pick in the draft. Having Thabeet and Marc Gasol on the court at the same time will help them big time on defense. Then with their second pick in the first round they should draft someone like Darren Collison which will give them some depth behind Mike Conley at PG.

Hellcrooner
05-21-2009, 11:06 AM
^oh yeah it will help big time on defense having one of the two slow as hell barely quick enough to deffend centers running after bosh, aldrige, stoudamire .......

theimortalone
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
^oh yeah it will help big time on defense having one of the two slow as hell barely quick enough to deffend centers running after bosh, aldrige, stoudamire .......

Stoudemire! ;)

THE_FLASH_21
05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Blazers aren't trading Aldridge

What are u the spokesman for the Blazers??? :rolleyes: That doesn't sound like a bad trade Rubio for Aldridge..

AccUrSeD
05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
What are u the spokesman for the Blazers??? :rolleyes: That doesn't sound like a bad trade Rubio for Aldridge..

Yes

GregOden#1
05-21-2009, 02:23 PM

Except it is.

JOSKOMANG4
05-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Memphis should either......

A) Should trade with the Phoenix suns for Amare Stoudamire.... The suns would love to relinquish the salary of Stoudamire and add a PG who will be the eventual replacement for Steve Nash. Rubio is a young talent and can learn a lot playing behind Nash.

Memphis getting Stoudamire would give them a strong frontcourt... Stoudamire(c), M.Gasol(PF), and Rudy Gay(SF).

B) Should trade the pick to the Atl Hawks for Joe Johnson and their pick in the draft.

Hawks would love to relinquish the contract of the Johnson and get a starting PG toreplace Bibby. Rubio.

Memphis lineup with Joe Johnson: C Gasol, PF Warrick, SF Johnson, SF Mayo, PG Conley Jr. 6th man- Gay.

C) Don't go Rubio and Draft C-Rasheed Thabeet. It'll take Thabeet 2 yrs to progress in the NBA, but you can't go wrong with the big dude at 7'3.

IF they decide to go after Rubio

D) Trade Mike Conley Jr to the Blazers for their pick.. With the blazers pick, they can go frontcourt.

marvILLous
05-21-2009, 02:45 PM
:laugh:

What is this abomination of a word?

hahaha

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Conley is bordering on a bust. Am I saying this correctly, yes! I don't think he has the ability to be anything more than a back up. He's not even as quality at this point in my perception as Mario Chalmers is in Miami. I suppose a different situation could have him succeed. He might work in a team like idk, the Hawks? Conley could be an improvement at PG in Portland actually now that I think about it. He could re-kindle something in the sore knees of Oden.

ragee
05-21-2009, 03:11 PM

He is better at the center position... I Rubio is the best choice... With him running point, Mayo, Gay and Gasol will be able to score more easily... They could just get someone in the free agency for a pf... There are some good players... Mcdyess, Bass, Milsap, Boozer, Big Baby and David Lee... They have the money to get anyone of those...