PDA

View Full Version : Official "what will the Clippers do with the #1 pick" thread

Devils05
05-19-2009, 08:57 PM
They already have Camby, Kaman and Randolph as bigs. Do you think they'll trade down 1 or 2 spots to take Rubio?

THE MTL
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Hopefully they should trade down!

IRUAM #21
05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Maybe....

what54!?
05-19-2009, 09:00 PM
yeah they should trade with the thunder. They have alot of draft picks they can get one of them. Then again memphis might pick rubio

yboord028
I think it'd be a better idea to trade Camby, Randolph, Kaman... Although those guys probably don't have that much of a market.

superkegger
I think they should unlaod pretty much everyone but Gordon, Thornton and the #1 pick.

Rockets Fanatic
05-19-2009, 09:01 PM
With every other team i would say they would take Blake Griffin but with Zach Randolph, Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby I am not so sure they will keep the pick.

Will they...?

1. Take Blake Griffin
2. Trade #1 Pick
3. Draft Ricky Rubio
4. Trade Zach Randolph and/or Chris Kaman and/or Marcus Camby

what54!?
05-19-2009, 09:02 PM
I think it'd be a better idea to trade Camby, Randolph, Kaman... Although those guys probably don't have that much of a market.
easier said than done

ProdigyI
05-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Starting Lineup

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Al Thornton
Blake Griffin
Marcus Camby

Wowwww

yboord028
05-19-2009, 09:04 PM
easier said than done

Mostly why I said they don't really have a market.

ElMarroAfamado
05-19-2009, 09:04 PM
i say trade kaman and keep camby (he can come in handy once he comes off the books for 2010)

trade kaman and the #1 pick....for an established star.....
we need established vets and i really dont want to risk picking another candyman
we got lucky with EG and even with Al i dont want to push it...
TRADE TRADE TRADE!
similar to when we signed Cuttino and Sam Cassell....we all remember what we were able to accomplish with them

LETS GO CLIPPERS!!!!!

TopsyTurvy
05-20-2009, 01:49 AM
This poll needs a third option: "Still find a way to mess it all up... "

They pick Griff and move a big if possible. If no one will pickup Kaman, which I doubt, then they run with a packed front court and become the biggest team in the league.

abe_froman
05-20-2009, 01:53 AM
This poll needs a third option: "Still find a way to mess it all up... "

They pick Griff and move a big if possible. If no one will pickup Kaman, which I doubt, then they run with a packed front court and become the biggest team in the league.

agreed,especially the first part

superkegger
05-20-2009, 01:56 AM
they should keep the pick, and trade pretty much everyone else but thornton and gordon

they should also fire dunleavy

nyanks79
05-20-2009, 01:59 AM
Dosent Kaman have a big contract? i think it will be very possible to trade camby tho.

TopsyTurvy
05-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Dosent Kaman have a big contract? i think it will be very possible to trade camby tho.

Problem is, you don't want to trade Camby if you can avoid it.

RISE ABOVE
05-20-2009, 02:07 AM
got to go with youth

bctgg27
05-20-2009, 02:09 AM
Draft Griffin and trade Randolph.

codes238
05-20-2009, 02:13 AM
they should keep the pick, and trade pretty much everyone else but thornton and gordon

they should also fire dunleavy

they should have fired dunleavy 3 years ago, he's the white isiah!

codes238
05-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Draft Griffin and trade Randolph.

the only problem with that is that the only team dumb enough to trade for zach randolph is the clippers and dunleavy... the only other guy i could see doing it is chris wallace in memphis...

MagicBucsSox
05-20-2009, 02:22 AM
They already have Camby, Kaman and Randolph as bigs. Do you think they'll trade down 1 or 2 spots to take Rubio?

blake griffin has more talent and upside than those guys, i cant belive this is even a thread. zach randolph or griffin? lol of course you take the guy

richiesaurus310
05-20-2009, 02:25 AM
i say draft blake griffin, and then trade chris kaman and marcus camby to the suns for shaq. try and make a run with this lineup:

b davis
e gordon
a thornton
z randolph
s o'neal

b griffin
d jordan
and whoever else...

after a year of this, shaq's contract comes off the books and they can be in good shape to add someone in the big free agency of 2010....

Reyes6
05-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Shaq... on... the... Clippers? WHAT? Richiesaurus, you are one crazy dinosaur.

JayW_1023
05-20-2009, 03:02 AM
They should draft Griffin and build from scratch around him and Eric Gordon.

Zach Randolph
Baron Davis
Al Thornton
Ricky Davis

These four players must be traded for some solid team first players...I would also trade one of their bigs (Kaman or Camby specifically).

Master Mind
05-20-2009, 03:17 AM
i say draft blake griffin, and then trade chris kaman and marcus camby to the suns for shaq. try and make a run with this lineup:

b davis
e gordon
a thornton
z randolph
s o'neal

b griffin
d jordan
and whoever else...

after a year of this, shaq's contract comes off the books and they can be in good shape to add someone in the big free agency of 2010....

That's not a bad idea...

JayAllDay
05-20-2009, 03:19 AM
What the Clippers are gonna do with the #1 pick:

Fumble it up.
Get whoever, trade whoever, sign whoever... they're still not going to win. Honestly, their roster on paper looks like they can win games. Another poster said wow with Griffin at PF but

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Al Thornton
Zach Randolph
Chris Kaman/Marcus Camby

Replace Griffin at 4 and subtract one of the big 3.
Big whoop.

Most likely LA's not gonna find a suitor for any of their bigs unless they trade for garbage or players with terrible contract, and keep all 4 to play two positions.
hooray

JayW_1023
05-20-2009, 03:21 AM
^^^

Probably looks great on paper if you keep Davis and Randolph, but you need team chemistry...and the lack thereof as axed the Clips last year, like most other years. With so many failures in the front office this is Donald Sterling co.'s best chance in years to finally do things RIGHT.

They should get rid of knuckleheads Baron and Ricky Davis plus Randolph pronto...if they want Griffin as their new building block.

Chronz
05-20-2009, 03:25 AM
I think they should unlaod pretty much everyone but Gordon, Thornton and the #1 pick.

Why is Thornton untouchable?

WillisLovechild
05-20-2009, 03:25 AM
They should draft Griffin and build from scratch around him and Eric Gordon.

Zach Randolph
Baron Davis
Al Thornton
Ricky Davis

These four players must be traded for some solid team first players...I would also trade one of their bigs (Kaman or Camby specifically).

Keep dreaming. There is no way in hell they're going to be able to move Randolph, Davis (both) and Thornton; not to mention a few of them have huge contracts. Secondly, why the hell would you trade Thornton? Him, Griffin and Gordon would be a good foundation. He would probably more team oriented if he had a better team.

JayW_1023
05-20-2009, 03:34 AM
Keep dreaming. There is no way in hell they're going to be able to move Randolph, Davis (both) and Thornton; not to mention a few of them have huge contracts. Secondly, why the hell would you trade Thornton? Him, Griffin and Gordon would be a good foundation. He would probably more team oriented if he had a better team.

Because Thornton is not a great team player...he mostly just looks for his own offense, aborting plays with bad shots. I would trade him because of his upside and he gives the Clippers a great trade bait. Thornton just continues the trend of a long line of selfish players in Clipperland. Give me a hustling role player in the trend of Hansbrough, Varejao, Powe or Birdman instead thank you very much. It would be an underrated move if the Clips can get one of those guys for Thornton.

They should just buy out Randolph and Ricky Davis...because their two building blocks (Griffin and Gordon) are still in their rookie contract anyway and only cost the Clips major cap room as far as 2011. Baron Davis and Al Thornton have value enough to trade for a team first supporting cast to mesh with one another.

WillisLovechild
05-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Because Thornton is not a great team player...he mostly just looks for his own offense, aborting plays with bad shots. I would trade him because of his upside and he gives the Clippers a great trade bait. Thornton just continues the trend of a long line of selfish players in Clipperland. Give me a hustling role player in the trend of Hansbrough, Varejao, Powe or Birdman instead thank you very much. It would be an underrated move if the Clips can get one of those guys for Thornton.

They should just buy out Randolph and Ricky Davis...because their two building blocks (Griffin and Gordon) are still in their rookie contract anyway and only cost the Clips major cap room as far as 2011. Baron Davis and Al Thornton have value enough to trade for a team first supporting cast to mesh with one another.

I said Thornton would probably be more team oriented if he had anything resembling help. Yeah he's a bit selfish, but you can't blame him... he's on the Clippers. Trade Thornton for Powe, Birdman or Hansbrough... it would be an insane move if the Clippers got one of those guys for Thornton. That would be highway robbery via whatever team he was traded to. If you could package him somehow and get a star player then I could see that being a good trade. As for trading Baron, good luck. Nobody will really want his contract or his attitude. I'm sure they could get these "team first" players for Baron, but the talent level would not be anywhere close to his. That franchise has its head so far up its *** that it should just fold, or the NBA should revoke the franchise from the owner.

Chronz
05-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Being on a team full of scrubs shouldnt rob you of your ability to create for others. Even Z-Bo did more for his teammates.

jimbobjarree
05-20-2009, 07:04 PM
3 way trade, Utah and GSW let LA Clips into their possible trade

Utah gets
Kaman 10.4mil
contract filler from GSW

GSW gets
AK47
20th pick (from Utah)

LA Clippers gets
Crawford (assuming he doesnt opt out)
7th pick

ggg
05-20-2009, 07:35 PM
draft whoever player they want to build on and change their organization name.

Kakaroach
05-20-2009, 10:06 PM
I think it'd be a better idea to trade Camby, Randolph, Kaman... Although those guys probably don't have that much of a market. x2 Possibly Kaman of those 3.

WillisLovechild
05-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Being on a team full of scrubs shouldnt rob you of your ability to create for others. Even Z-Bo did more for his teammates.

I still wouldn't trade him.

Hellcrooner
05-20-2009, 11:36 PM
they trade Davis and Randolph for the second pick and Kaman and cambyfor the third.

Rubio, Gordon, Thorntorn,Griffin, Thabeet.

haha ahahhahahahahah

i coudl only dream...

Missing56&33
05-20-2009, 11:44 PM
With every other team i would say they would take Blake Griffin but with Zach Randolph, Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby I am not so sure they will keep the pick.

Will they...?

1. Take Blake Griffin
2. Trade #1 Pick
3. Draft Ricky Rubio
4. Trade Zach Randolph and/or Chris Kaman and/or Marcus Camby

I like the situation they are in but you have to keep your #1 pick and make Blake Griffin your future. Not only is he the best player in the draft, hes a basketball player period, you cant teach desire and passion, he has that. Hes not like Gred Oden or Michael Olawacdi hes more like Tim Duncan or Dwight Howard. ZR, CK ,MC dont mean squat. Griffin will dominate

kombayn
05-20-2009, 11:59 PM
They have to draft Blake Griffin. You can build a great foundation around Eric Gordon, Al Thornton & Blake Griffin. Personally this off-season Dunleavy needs to trade Zach Randolph & Chris Kaman to build a legitimate bench. I like the Clippers re-signing Steve Novak for 3-point opportunities. I personally think they should make a run at Trevor Ariza too. It'll be an interesting off-season.

Chisox@22
05-21-2009, 12:11 AM
would you guys take Rudy Gay and Mike Conley for the #1 pick and Kaman?

Super.
05-21-2009, 08:46 AM
They already said they would take Griffin.

mrblisterdundee
05-21-2009, 11:50 AM
The Clippers need to dump Randolph in any way possible. Camby should be allowed to sign with a contender. Kaman should be retained as the center.
Blake Griffin can play power forward, which will allow Al Thornton to be a full-time small forward. Eric Gordon will stay on at shooting guard, and Baron can run the show, hopefully.

Clipper's Starting Five:
C - Kaman
PF - Griffin
SF - Thornton
SG - Gordon
PG - Davis

theimortalone
05-21-2009, 11:54 AM

b davis
e gordon
a thornton
z randolph
s o'neal

b griffin
d jordan
and whoever else...

As a suns fan, i say pull the ****ing trigger! We would welcome Camby and Kaman to Phoenix with open arms! But Shaq would never want to play for that other LA team.

Super.
05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
As a suns fan, i say pull the ****ing trigger! We would welcome Camby and Kaman to Phoenix with open arms! But Shaq would never want to play for that other LA team.

yea but it would actually be a decent team...unlike clippers teams of old.

Shaq could be a great tutor for griffin...

theimortalone
05-21-2009, 12:02 PM
yea but it would actually be a decent team...unlike clippers teams of old.

Shaq could be a great tutor for griffin...

Very true. I hope that this trade will happen! :pray:

i.got.the.nutz
05-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Going to the Clippers is like playing in college all over again. He's just trying out for other teams in the future.

_Sn1P3r_
05-21-2009, 04:34 PM
They are going to draft Blake Griffin.

AI4MVP
05-21-2009, 04:50 PM
they SHOULD trade the pick to the grizzlies for rudy gay and the 2nd pick

it makes perfect sense. the clippers loved rubio all along and the grizzlies need a pf.

IBleedPurple
05-21-2009, 04:58 PM

it makes perfect sense. the clippers loved rubio all along and the grizzlies need a pf.

While true, I don't think it will happen.

what54!?
05-21-2009, 05:02 PM

it makes perfect sense. the clippers loved rubio all along and the grizzlies need a pf.if they get griffin they'll probably keep him

JayW_1023
05-26-2009, 07:25 AM
I can't believe people still want Baron Davis. The guy quit on his team and is as selfish as they come. If it were up to Baron Davis, all plays would be obsolete and he could freewheel away whenever he wants. I would keep Randolph before I keep Davis, seriously. Both should be bought out pronto.

Build around Griffin and Eric Gordon. The rest is expendable.

S-Dot
05-26-2009, 08:00 AM
I think the 2009 Playoffs prove u can never have too many productive big men, and they would have a solid 4-man rotation w/ Blake, Marcus, Zach, and Kaman...if they sign some productive wing players in free agency, and draft a solid point in the 2nd rd, they should be decent