PDA

View Full Version : What if the Mets called for Huff?

EricU812
05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
With Delgado hurt, I'd imagine there will be an interest in Huff. What would you want in return?

bigity b
05-19-2009, 03:53 PM
SS, mlb ready SP, mlb ready RP, on the bubble infield (1B, 3B) prospects.... obviously not all of that in one deal, but that is how I see the needs list in no particular order. A deal for Huff would have to include a combination of this.

x the game x
05-19-2009, 04:56 PM
wilmer flores,jefry marte,bradly holt,jenry mejia

ne of them will do

sleewizard
05-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I would absolutely love flores

Rique
05-19-2009, 10:03 PM
wilmer flores,jefry marte,bradly holt,jenry mejia

ne of them will do

U can have holt but Mejia is a stud

they pitch on the same team and Mejia is 3 years younger

x the game x
05-20-2009, 01:42 AM
meija is the 7th ranked prospect for the mets and holt is the 4th

Rique
05-20-2009, 10:10 PM
meija is the 7th ranked prospect for the mets and holt is the 4th

I don't care about prospect list Mejia is 19 Holt is 22 and Mejia is better

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Jenrry%20Mejia&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=516769

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Bradley%20Holt&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=475747

Holt is an amazing strikeout pitcher, but I'd rather keep Mejia

bigity b
05-21-2009, 09:44 AM
what about that top 1B prospect that you guys set back by making him a LF - Daniel Murphy? Not following the Mets, not sure if a 1 for 1 would be fair but I wouldnt mind him and putting him back at 1B. If you need more from us, choose from our bullpen (Baez) or current SP. If we need more in the trade, I would take low-ball pitchers.

Eicholtz
05-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Wilmer Flores would be a nice return. No more outfielders because we have too many. If we could get someone young to play where the Orioles have no depth at any level and maybe some bullpen help I would be very happy. You never know he may be expendable because they (The Mets) are locked down at 3rd and SS. If this can happen I hope they make it happen.

bbsmets
05-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Don't listen to Rique.

Holt is not getting traded, neither is Fernando Martinez, Flores is probably not going either.

I could perhaps see Marte, since we don't have room for him, but you guys have to remember that Huff is in his walk year and is only slightly above average after all, so getting three top prospects for him is unrealistic.

Maybe ONE good prospect and an organizational arm.

Rique
05-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Don't listen to Rique.

Holt is not getting traded, neither is Fernando Martinez, Flores is probably not going either.

I could perhaps see Marte, since we don't have room for him, but you guys have to remember that Huff is in his walk year and is only slightly above average after all, so getting three top prospects for him is unrealistic.

thats why they said either 1 of them would do meaning 1. If anyone was to be traded I'd rather it be Holt.

Mejia doesn't give up HR's at all he would be an ace in citi field

bigity b
05-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Don't listen to Rique.

Hence my offer of (1B prospect) Murphy + a low-ball pitcher for Huff. Besides, you cant say Huff is average when he won the Silver Slugger last year - sorry but true. Last i checked, we dont have to trade him either. y'all are the ones with the need.

x the game x
05-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't listen to Rique.

how is huff only slightly above average?

jetsfan89
05-22-2009, 11:03 PM
other than last year, his OPS+ has been barely over 100 since 2003. thats slightly above average at this point in his career.

bigity b
05-23-2009, 12:56 AM
do you want him or not? dont come here asking for him and then poo-poo his value. we have no problem holding on to him and letting him walk as a FA next year....

Driven
05-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Huff is certainly just slightly above average for a 1B. Last year he was very good, but as a whole, he's an above average 1B offensively.

Anyways, I would probably take any sort of a deal. It would suck to have a 1B spot open next year, but Wigginton can fill that. I don't want to offer Huff arbitration.

viktor06
05-23-2009, 08:36 AM
There is no way Huff gets you more than salary relief and a filler/fringe prospect

Driven
05-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Huff would get more than that for sure. I'm not saying he'd get a lot, but certainly more than a fringe prospect.

jetsfan89
05-23-2009, 12:40 PM
do you want him or not? dont come here asking for him and then poo-poo his value. we have no problem holding on to him and letting him walk as a FA next year....

i absolutely would want him but dont expect a guy like holt or flores.

Driven
05-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Huff will likely be offered arbitration.

x the game x
05-23-2009, 06:11 PM
i absolutely would want him but dont expect a guy like holt or flores.

im more then fine with meija or marte

viktor06
05-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Huff would get more than that for sure. I'm not saying he'd get a lot, but certainly more than a fringe prospect.

Do you realize he went unclaimed in waivers last summer? Nobody wanted him just for salary relief

bigity b
05-24-2009, 08:21 AM
everybody is put through waivers to gauge interest and no one claims guys. Manny was put on waivers regularly when he was with the Sox but they still traded him for some decent guys.

Driven
05-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Do you realize he went unclaimed in waivers last summer? Nobody wanted him just for salary relief
And then Huff went on a tear last year, and now he's in the final year of his contract.

x the game x
05-24-2009, 01:47 PM
^and the mets choke every season,so wuts ur point?

toadhead25
05-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Can Huff play the outfield as well? I would love to have his pop in the lineup when Delgado gets back. Church and a pitching prospect maybe?

Driven
05-25-2009, 01:03 PM
He can play LF, 3B and 1B.

jetsfan89
05-25-2009, 02:47 PM
^and the mets choke every season,so wuts ur point?

:confused: how is that a response to what viktor was asking? he's not being rude he's just showing you guys his value in the eyes of other teams.

oh and if i were you i wouldnt be talking considering the orioles arent exactly a powerhouse either.

Driven
05-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah it was a dumb comment just try to ignore it.

x the game x
05-25-2009, 08:40 PM
:confused: how is that a response to what viktor was asking? he's not being rude he's just showing you guys his value in the eyes of other teams.

oh and if i were you i wouldnt be talking considering the orioles arent exactly a powerhouse either.

i thought he was saying something else

bigity b
05-26-2009, 01:24 PM
He can play LF, 3B and 1B.

he almost seems too perfect for the NL. Can play multiple positions, asset is his bat, can come of the bench, hits lefty, and a veteran. He is in the last year of his contract which may hurt his value, however thats a good thing for the Mets because Delgado will be back next year.... im still sticking with Huff for Murphy however if any Met deal hasnt happened yet, do you think they'll wait and make a move at the deadline?

Driven
06-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Buster Olney: Rocco: It makes all the sense in the world that the O's would deal both of those guys, because the front office is at peace with the notion that this is a building year, the organization is making great strides, and I'd bet you could get a good prospect (not a great prospect, but a good one) for Huff, and something a little less for Sherrill.

From Buster Olney.

bal_ravens
06-01-2009, 10:41 PM
That would be good if Huff resigns with us this offseason too after we trade him.

Id like us to get another pitching prospect and SS prospect. We can always pick up a 3rd baseman in free agency when Mora is done.

Dave P
06-02-2009, 08:07 AM
we dont need OFers, we have good minor league pitching. what we don't have is a SS/3b of the future. get a solid ss/3b prospect

countrycasanova
06-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Mets fan checking in. Being that yall have a young squad, I was wondering what would yall want for Roberts. I think he deserves to play for a contender; he performed well on the big stage (WBC).Yall young squad is some years away from competing; what do you all think would be a fair trade for roberts. Our second half line-up: reyes ss/roberts 2b/beltran cf/sheffield rf/wright 3b/f-mart lf/santos/schenider ca. I know O fans don't care but I would luv dat line-up.

Robphunk
06-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I Don't see the reason to trade him at all, for the most part he is a staple in the line-up

bigity b
06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
nice you would love it, but we love roberts in our lineup. As we have said before (usually to all the Cubbie fans who always come here asking for him) I doubt BRob will be dealt, especially when they just re-signed him long-term. And yes, he will be playing for a contender - watch the O's in 2 years. IMO, we would have to be 'wowed' to accept a deal for Roberts.

NYM09
06-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't think the mets would trade Flores.Now that F-Mart is on the Majors Flores is their top prospect and some people view Flores as becoming the better player.If the Orioles want a MLB ready starter Niese and Gee fit that description.I think the untouchable prospects in a Huff trade would be Parnell,Martinez,Holt,Havens,Ike,Meija and Flores.Maybe Holt could be trade bait since Meija,Niese and Gee are still there.

x the game x
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Mets fan checking in. Being that yall have a young squad, I was wondering what would yall want for Roberts. I think he deserves to play for a contender; he performed well on the big stage (WBC).Yall young squad is some years away from competing; what do you all think would be a fair trade for roberts. Our second half line-up: reyes ss/roberts 2b/beltran cf/sheffield rf/wright 3b/f-mart lf/santos/schenider ca. I know O fans don't care but I would luv dat line-up.

id give the mets huff and roberts for a deal including flores and a pitching prospect like holt or meija plus like another prospect

the cubs wont get roberts unless vitters is in the deal