PDA

View Full Version : Give me 5!

DreamShaker
05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Ok here is how this thread works...predict the winner of the West & East CF winner....and give 5 good reasons why you think they will win.

Sly Guy
05-18-2009, 12:12 PM
East : Cavs
1. LeBron
2. Defense
3. Orlando's inconsistency on offense
4. Dwight not being the dominant game changing offensive post player
5. Stern sucks LeBron's d**k, and so will the refs.

West : Nuggets
1. LA's size is matching up with tough, mobile size in Nene, the Birdman, and Kenyon
2. Nuggets are playing tough, consistent defense
3. Nuggets run better that LA
4. Chancey will outplay Fish easily, making the point of attack much more dangerous
5. I think home court for the Nuggets counts for more. Altitude, louder crowds, will play a factor in making sure they won't lost on their home floor. Yes, LA has HCA, but I believe the nuggets can steal one and defend in their gym.

Durant is hype
05-18-2009, 12:34 PM
East: Cavs

1. Superior Defense
2.Orlando's unwillingness to give Howard the ball at times
3. Incredible half court offense
4.Lebron James will have a great series
5.Home Court

West: Lakers

1.Denver's lack of strength in the frontcourt to Lakers frontcourt
2.Kobe Bryant
3.Lakers can play both uptempo and "slow it down" offense.
4.Ariza,Bryant,Fisher can limit Melo/Billups.
5. The Denver Nuggets will not match Lakers offense.

tr4shb0t
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
5. Stern sucks LeBron's d**k, and so will the refs.

LOL, I think that's enough reason for them to win too. So true. Anyway:

ECF: Cavs
1) Stern sucks LeBron's d**k, and so will the refs.
2) HCA
3) HCA
4) Magic get lazy when they are ahead
5) LeBron's magic dust (chalk) ritual

WCF: Lakers
1) Bynum + Pau will destroy the Nuggets in the paint
2) Who will guard Kobe?
3) HCA
4) Nuggets haven't been tested yet IMO and are coming off a long break
5) Ariza will frustrate Melo with his defense

masalex1205
05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
1.) Lebron James
2.) Defense
3.) Team Chemistry
4.) superior point guard play IMO
5.) HCA

ECF: Nuggets

1.) Chauncey Billups
2.) Chauncey Billups
3.) Nuggets can straight score the basketball
4.) Defense
5.) much tougher than the Lakers

masalex1205
05-18-2009, 12:47 PM

5. The Denver Nuggets will not match Lakers offense.

I disagree, I think the Nuggets can match offensive output with anybody inthe league.

what54!?
05-18-2009, 12:49 PM
ECF: cavs
1) lebron james
2) better defense
3) vajero will flop causing howard to get in foul trouble
4) almost unbeatable at home
5) did I mention lebron james

WCF: nuggets
1) play more consistent than the lakers
2) melo should be able to score against them
3) gasol is soft so martin will play him tough
4) billups
5) because I say so

mfb_lt1birdman
05-18-2009, 02:03 PM
WCF Champ = Lakers

1) Kobe-no one on Denver can slow him down
2) Laker bigs will control boards and therefore tempo
3) HCA
4) No pesky PG to penetrate and breakdown D **all respect to Billups but LA can contain him better than Brooks
5) K-Mart is a chump and a loser

ECF champs = the Lebrons

1) Lebron
2) Lebron can now hit the 3 ball
3) Great D
4) Awesome team chemistry
5) Nearly unbeatable at home

theuuord
05-18-2009, 02:04 PM

1. LeBron James
2. LeBron James
3. LeBron James
4. LeBron James
5. LeBron James

1. Kobe & Pau
2. Kobe & Pau
3. Kobe & Pau
4. Kobe & Pau
5. Kobe & Pau

superkegger
05-18-2009, 02:07 PM

1. LeBron James
2. LeBron James
3. LeBron James
4. LeBron James
5. LeBron James

1. Kobe & Pau
2. Kobe & Pau
3. Kobe & Pau
4. Kobe & Pau
5. Kobe & Pau

You know, I laughed when I saw that, but then I thought about it, and pretty much, this is what it boils down to. LeBron and Kobe and Pau are just too much for opposing teams to handle.

uncblue2332
05-18-2009, 02:10 PM
East: CAVS
1. LeBron
2. Team cohesiveness...only REAL team in the league
3. dominate all year long
4. Great Defense
5. Make you play their game

West: Lakers in 7
1. Kobe
2. Bynum is coming on strong
3. Dominant frontcourt with Pau, Bynum, LO,
4. Nuggets dont have a SG to stop Kobe
5. Outscore nuggets

Hoopsadvocate
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
EAST: Magic
5. The best road team in these playoffs so far, i am confident they can take 1 at Cleveland
4. 3's, They spread the floor incredibly well and its the Cavs achilies heal imo
3. Underrated defenders in Pietrus, lee, and dare i say JJ Reddick
2. Dwight Howard wont let lebron get so many easy dunks/layups as he does with every other team in the league.
1. There the underdog and have nothing to lose Cleveland has everything to lose as they are expected to win it all. Cavs have yet to be challenged and this will be a very nasty wake-up call.

WEST: Nuggets
5. They are tougher
4. They are hungryer
3. Better defensivly
2. Played every game with much more intensity than the Lakers
1. Mr. Big Shot will come up big

TheChosenOne88
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
1. LBJ
2. Defense
3. Team Chemistry
4. HCA
5. Stan Van Gundy

1. Kobe
2. Kobe
3. Kobe
4. Kobe
5. Kobe

DJ CHACH
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
ECF:cavs

1)stern
2)refs
3)ratings
4)hype
5)stern

WCF: LA
1)stern
2)refs
3)ratings
4)hype
5)stern

its all the same, it will always break down like this.....do u think the nba will profit more if dwight wins a title or lebron?--obviously stern wouldnt even give dwight a chance...and do u think denver would draw an audience that wants to see the lakers on a mission bc they lost last yr...

its all stern, and its all $$$$..the nba is fake, fake fake...

MAC10TIZZY
05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
EAST: Magic
5. The best road team in these playoffs so far, i am confident they can take 1 at Cleveland
4. 3's, They spread the floor incredibly well and its the Cavs achilies heal imo
3. Underrated defenders in Pietrus, lee, and dare i say JJ Reddick
2. Dwight Howard wont let lebron get so many easy dunks/layups as he does with every other team in the league.
1. There the underdog and have nothing to lose Cleveland has everything to lose as they are expected to win it all. Cavs have yet to be challenged and this will be a very nasty wake-up call.

WEST: Nuggets
5. They are tougher
4. They are hungryer
3. Better defensivly
2. Played every game with much more intensity than the Lakers
1. Mr. Big Shot will come up big

couldn't of said it better myself

sp1derm00
05-18-2009, 03:12 PM

1. Give me Dahntay Jones on Kobe while Fish and Ariza guard Billups/Melo any day of the week. Billups cannot punk Fisher and Ariza gives Melo fits.

2. Denver is at full force and is deserving respect from the Lakers players, something which I think will be their ultimate downfall. When LA respects the team they're playing, they come out focused and out for blood.

3. Once, not IF, Dahntay Jones gets into foul trouble, JR Smith will be guarding Kobe. This translates into two things... Kobe will get a bunch of easy looks and JR Smith will have Kobe hounding him the moment he makes his first shot.

4. LA's bench is deeper and overall has more talent. JR Smith is either gonna come out and shoot Denver back into the game or help them lose it... most likely help them lose it if Kobe gets on him. Birdman will hut us with his explosive shot blocking... but his offensive game is nowhere near as polished as our big's. Bynum is not bad at shot blocking as well.

5. The Lakers have a lot of experience in the postseason now. LA has played more games last season than Denver has in three seasons.

1. Cleveland is playing some insane ball right now whereas the Magic are playing subpar.

2. Dwight might get away with his limited offensive moves against an undersized Boston team... but he's got Big Z this time around. VERY different.

3. Mo Williams is gonna be a nightmare for Rafer Alston to guard. Alston might get hot, but it won't last long... especially with Cav defense.

4. Lebron can guard Rashard Lewis. Not saying he will, but he can... and he'll probably do a good job at it.

5. HCA, refs,.. the whole sha-bang.

ManRam
05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Cavs:

1. LeBron is the best
2. Their defense is the best
3. Better back court, by a mile, and much less streaky
4. Experienced, and mentally tough
5. Dwight's inability to score if he has to either dribble or can't dunk

Nuggets
1. Hotter team, and definitely more consistent
2. Mentally and physically tougher
3. Explosive offense, better bench
4. LA's inability to win on the road, all the Nugs have to do is win one in LA IMO
5. Big Game Chauncey, Mr. Big Shot

Missing56&33
05-18-2009, 03:59 PM
West- Lakers
1 Kobe
2 Kobe
3 Kobe
4 Phil Jackson over George Karl
5 Carmelo < Kobe....CB< DF.......JR S < TA.....LA's bench outplays Denver's bench......LA wakes up to the smell of the NBA finals again

East- Cavs
1. Lebron
2. Lebron
3. Lebron
4. Orlando is not ready
5. Cavs are just a flat out much better team.

R-H-C-P
05-18-2009, 10:26 PM
ok i can't give you 5 reasons for the lakers winning the series but i can give you 4....

reason 1. game 1
reason 2. game 2
reason 3. game 3
reason 4. game 4

lakers win series 4-0

mrblisterdundee
05-18-2009, 10:34 PM
West: Lakers in 7
1. Kobe Bryant, and Denvers inability to stop him
2. home court advantage
3. they have the length to cover Carmello
4. Nene and Anderson can't match up with Bynum and Pau
5. Phil Jackson is the better coach

East: Cavs in 6
1. LeBron James, and Lewis' and Turkoglu's inability to stop him
2. home court advantage
3. Mo Williams is better than Raefer Alston
4. Cleveland has big guys to throw at Dwight
5. Delonte is better than Lee and J.J.

rapswin98
05-18-2009, 10:40 PM
magic in 6 or 7:hide:
1. first test for cavs
2. i kno it does it matter but you can look at the season series
3. i think their better team on paper
4. match up very well with cavs
5. been through a tougher journey

lakers in 5, 6, or 7
1. kobe
2. better team on paper
3. first test for nuggets
4. hca
5. size

DreamShaker
05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Here is my reasons:

Nuggets over Lakers:

1. I don't get the Fisher slowing down Billups debate when Aaron Brooks lit Fisher up...I get that he's faster...but Fisher has been worthless against other PG's this post-season. Billups will have a great series and win the PG match-up.

2. Kobe is going to have to play defense. Battier guarded Kobe tough, but Kobe had to put forth no effort to slow him down. J.R. Smith he is gonna have to guard, and it's going to wear on him. He will still get his, but it means something to be able to have to put forth effort on D...

3. Nuggets are on a roll and are just playing better. The Lakers should have beat the Rockets in 5. But they didn't...they played a bad series, and that has to factor in. If they slack against the Nuggets, which there is no reason to believe they won't, they will lose. So until they show more heart as a unit...I cannot pick them to win anything.

4. Nuggets have a big enough front line to slow down the Lakers. K-Mart has redefined himself as a defensive stopper. Nene has size and strength. Birdman can block shots and work the boards. The nuggets can rebound better at ever position.

5. Unity. I just think the Nuggets are more unified than the Lakers at this point.

Cavs over Magic

1. Cavs are an outstanding defensive team. At every position they are strong. They have 3 guys who can defend Howard well, two of them have a size advantage over him. Lebron is turning into a well-rounded defender.
West is tremendous.

2. The back-court. The back court of the Magic is terrible.

3. Lebron. He's going to destor them.

4. The Cavs are the most together team in the NBA.

5. Home court.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-19-2009, 09:25 PM
WCF-Nuggets will win

5. Nuggets are high on confidence while Lakers' confidence took a hit.
4. Nuggets are better defenders.
3. Birdman, Nene and Martin will bother Kobe inside. Carmelo and Billups will cover him on the perimeter.
2. Lakers big men will be a non factor because of Nuggets big men.
1. Billups and Carmelo will have a better series than Kobe.

ECF-Cavs will win

5. Cavs have better overall defense.
4. Cavs are 43-2 at home(including playoffs)
3. Cavs have been tearing up the playoffs and have the momentum.
2. Cavs have better team chemistry.
1. Lebron James.

td0tsfinest
05-19-2009, 10:31 PM
1. LBJ
2. Defense
3. Better Bench
4. Plenty of Rest
5. Atmosphere is on a whole new high

WCF: Nuggets
1. Momentum is on their side
2. Tougher
3. They want it more than the lakers
4. Great Team Chemistry
5. Every Player gives its all

MagicBucsSox
05-19-2009, 11:10 PM
magic
1.DPOY- all talk big Z talk tickles me we gon run him off the floor.this clown has no feet
2. lebron's D is overrated and he cant guard shard or hedo at the same time
3. are bench is superior
4.i love the talk how "oh the cavs got the best Defense and best HCA". while true, that s**t dont show vs us. not to mention We have the #3 D,best road team
5. Offense -Learned finally how to close by staying aggressive
6. hedo

Lakers/Nuggets
1.i cant call it. if bynum wasnt such a [B]********G[B] bum ,lakers could win easily,gasol needs help down low.
2. nuggets got Big Shot C. and my man melo has arrived.
3 phil never lost when he's won game 1
4 we prove thats records dont mean s**t
5 nugget boneheads tendencies

tdunk21
05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
1) Lebron's commanding play
2) supporting cast(mo, delonte, joe smith, big Z)
3) defense
4) HCA
5) well rested

West : Nuggets
1) Chauncey billups
2) carmelo
3) offensive rebounding( birdman)
4) size advantage of nene over pau
5) defense

IBleedPurple
05-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Ariza gives Melo fits.

West- Lakers
5 Carmelo < Kobe....CB< DF.......JR S < TA.....LA's bench outplays Denver's bench......LA wakes up to the smell of the NBA finals again

:rolleyes:

superkegger
05-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Interesting, from what I could count it was 13-10 in favor of the Lakers.

I think ultimately the series boils down to Kobe vs. Melo. Maybe not on their scoring out puts, but who elevates their and their teams play will win the series.

lakerboy
05-20-2009, 04:43 PM

1. Give me Dahntay Jones on Kobe while Fish and Ariza guard Billups/Melo any day of the week. Billups cannot punk Fisher and Ariza gives Melo fits.

2. Denver is at full force and is deserving respect from the Lakers players, something which I think will be their ultimate downfall. When LA respects the team they're playing, they come out focused and out for blood.

3. Once, not IF, Dahntay Jones gets into foul trouble, JR Smith will be guarding Kobe. This translates into two things... Kobe will get a bunch of easy looks and JR Smith will have Kobe hounding him the moment he makes his first shot.

4. LA's bench is deeper and overall has more talent. JR Smith is either gonna come out and shoot Denver back into the game or help them lose it... most likely help them lose it if Kobe gets on him. Birdman will hut us with his explosive shot blocking... but his offensive game is nowhere near as polished as our big's. Bynum is not bad at shot blocking as well.

5. The Lakers have a lot of experience in the postseason now. LA has played more games last season than Denver has in three seasons.

1. Cleveland is playing some insane ball right now whereas the Magic are playing subpar.

2. Dwight might get away with his limited offensive moves against an undersized Boston team... but he's got Big Z this time around. VERY different.

3. Mo Williams is gonna be a nightmare for Rafer Alston to guard. Alston might get hot, but it won't last long... especially with Cav defense.

4. Lebron can guard Rashard Lewis. Not saying he will, but he can... and he'll probably do a good job at it.

5. HCA, refs,.. the whole sha-bang.

I agree with everything except for number 4. We have great talent in Odom, but the rest of the bench are TO prone, shooting bad FGs. Although they give a lot of intensity, I don't think this is a significant factor that will allow LA to win the series.

IMO, even if Pau, Lamar and Bynum were no shows in game 1, I believe one of them will ultimately step up, and one player is all we need. If 3 Lakers play well (2 superstars out of the four, and one role player), we are almost impossible to beat. The only way to beat us is to play defense. You can't outscore the Lakers. If 3 players play well, we win easily.

In game 1, we had Kobe scoring 40, and then 2 complementary scorers (Pau and Fisher with 13 apiece). We still won.

If we get Kobe to score 20+, Pau/Odom/Bynum(at least one) to score 20, and another 10+ points from maybe Ariza, Fisher, Brown Farmar or Pau Odom Bynum, we can't be beat.

Number 4 reason should be at least one of our bigs (Pau/Odom/Bynum) will step up.