PDA

View Full Version : Magic vs. Cavaliers

BucinOrlando
05-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Great match-up. Can't wait to see this one unfold!!! King James against Superman... The future is now and Eatsern Conference supremacy is up for grabs. Who's going to take it?

P.S. I wonder if Shaq has called his ex-coach to say "Congrats," yet???

:dance:Go Magic!!!:dance:

MagicBucsSox
05-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Magic in 6.

MAC10TIZZY
05-18-2009, 03:19 AM
dude i have been kicked out of this site for weeks, i dont get it, all i wanted to say was GO MAGIC!!! lets see if they will let me stay this time.......(it was killing not to be able to respond with yall) huge victory tonite, huge series closer......now we have a huge task, but i say magic in 6...+

PennyMy#1
05-18-2009, 05:10 AM
I say MAGIC in 7 again. But, I'm not sure ... if we play them good, put good defense on them, we could beat them in 5. Really not sure ... so I stay with MAGIC in 7.

Cali4rnia
05-18-2009, 12:04 PM
magics in 6.. if magic had a home court it would be magic in 5.. good luck guys :)

macc
05-18-2009, 12:22 PM
dude i have been kicked out of this site for weeks, i dont get it, all i wanted to say was GO MAGIC!!! lets see if they will let me stay this time.......(it was killing not to be able to respond with yall) huge victory tonite, huge series closer......now we have a huge task, but i say magic in 6...+

You've been suspended a couple times now haven't you? What did you get suspended for? I got threatened to be suspended once by a guy that wasn't even a moderator in a Philly forum and I didn't even say anything bad. I got accuse of "baiting" and people who know me on the site know that's not my style when I chat with folks. Anyways, good to have ya back Mac. Theres not many true Magic fans on this site so we need need everyone we got.

magicbucs4eva
05-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Everyone always doubts the magic but thats fine with me bc we keep proving people wrong! the cavs are a great team but so are the magic! cant wait for these games

MAC10TIZZY
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
You've been suspended a couple times now haven't you? What did you get suspended for? I got threatened to be suspended once by a guy that wasn't even a moderator in a Philly forum and I didn't even say anything bad. I got accuse of "baiting" and people who know me on the site know that's not my style when I chat with folks. Anyways, good to have ya back Mac. Theres not many true Magic fans on this site so we need need everyone we got.

ugh, you have no idea, but ya it was the same guy!!! he suspended me and everytime i logged in, i got another one, how lame, anywhoo im mac is back and encouraging all of us to get out and go to the game on sunday..........we can get tickets for like 15 bucks (upper bowl) since we are all big time magic fans we can get sooooo loud for our team.........wooo whoooo.....lemme know

JNore151
05-18-2009, 02:56 PM
cant wait to shock all the lebron dikkkkriders.....

Sandman
05-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Tixx for 15 bucks?

GoldGlove9
05-18-2009, 04:21 PM
cant wait to shock all the lebron dikkkkriders.....

Oh yeah that's me!!! :clap: He's the MVP for a reason big guy.

macc
05-18-2009, 04:29 PM

Yes he's great, noone is going to argue that, but one player can't beat a team and you don't have anyone other than Lebron on your team that scares me at all. We have 6-7 guys on our team all capable of scoring 20 + points any given night. Even if Bron avgs 35 and Mo 25, that's only 60 points, theres a reason why Clevland only avg 90.6 points against us this year. Savy

Sandman
05-18-2009, 04:32 PM

Hey, I ain't gonna talk trash just yet.

All I'm going to say is, this will be the first series Lebron will actually have to show up to.

ragee
05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
I do want the Magic to win but I also know that this is going to be a hard series... For us to be able to win, we got to be consistent and learn how to close out games... We can't just give out leads like what we did to the Celtics series coz they have a player who can really catch on fire and score a ton of points in the 4th quarter...

macc
05-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Actually I want us to play the Cavs the same way we did during the regular season, we would basically play Bron man to man for most of the first 3 quarters, some doubles but not much, then when the 4th quarter came around we doubled Bron and made other people shoot. It makes the Cavs change their offense in one quarter.

I don't know, I might just be over confident but to be honest I was more affraid of Boston then Clevland, with or without Garnett. We've just had Clevlands number for so long I don't see how that will change with the same players in uniform.

I don't hate on Lebron, I wish we had him. I just think he's missing one more player before he can start winning championships. Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq, Wade had Shaq, Duncan had Parker and Ginobli. Garnett had Pierce and Allen. Lebron has Mo Williams???? See my point

HOZ THE KNICK
05-18-2009, 05:12 PM
sorry guys but cleveland in 6.

ragee
05-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Actually I want us to play the Cavs the same way we did during the regular season, we would basically play Bron man to man for most of the first 3 quarters, some doubles but not much, then when the 4th quarter came around we doubled Bron and made other people shoot. It makes the Cavs change their offense in one quarter.

I don't know, I might just be over confident but to be honest I was more affraid of Boston then Clevland, with or without Garnett. We've just had Clevlands number for so long I don't see how that will change with the same players in uniform.

I don't hate on Lebron, I wish we had him. I just think he's missing one more player before he can start winning championships. Jordan had Pippen, Kobe had Shaq, Wade had Shaq, Duncan had Parker and Ginobli. Garnett had Pierce and Allen. Lebron has Mo Williams???? See my point

And the refs! hahaha...

macc
05-18-2009, 06:14 PM
sorry guys but cleveland in 6.

No that's fine you pick them, but what is your reason you'll think they'll win considering out of the last 11 match ups the Cavs only beat us 3 times.

MAC10TIZZY
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
ha ha ok so yeah, umm, the fifteen dollar tickets are no longer available...lmao

Sandman
05-18-2009, 07:12 PM
they go on sale tomorrow. how much are the upper bowl going to start at?

MAC10TIZZY
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
$97 for the UPPER bowl.......yowzers....but imma try to head out...maybe

DieselPowered32
05-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Did you guys hear Shaq is going to watch the Magic play in Orlando...he is gonna take his boys cos the idolise dwight and lebron. He twittered his sittin in the "front rizzo"

Master Mind
05-19-2009, 01:31 AM
D-Howard vs. Lebron should be very interesting...

Master Mind
05-19-2009, 01:32 AM
And the refs! hahaha...

:cricket:

PennyMy#1
05-19-2009, 05:11 AM
The "front rizzo" lmao ...

EX-TREME
05-19-2009, 08:23 AM
$97 for the UPPER bowl.......yowzers....but imma try to head out...maybe

i would rather pay for a upper bowl for $97 then watch from a stream that has a awful quality. i am so jealous :(

PennyMy#1
05-19-2009, 09:09 AM
i would rather pay for a upper bowl for $97 then watch from a stream that has a awful quality. i am so jealous :(

Yeah I would definitely pay that money, too ! But it's impossible for me to visit. And ... hey ... what do you think of telling me, where that stream is ? :p

EX-TREME
05-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Yeah I would definitely pay that money, too ! But it's impossible for me to visit. And ... hey ... what do you think of telling me, where that stream is ? :p

http://www.atdhe.net

hope you enjoy

MAC10TIZZY
05-19-2009, 11:48 AM
ok so there are several upper bowl seats left for about 65, go get em'

bahama0811
05-19-2009, 11:50 AM
In the ECF I'm definitely rooting for the Magic!!! Good luck in the series

BTownTeamsRKing
05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
sup Magic fans.

Good series. the better team in 2009 won. I like your chances against cleveland, but Hedo, Shard, and D12 better come to play every night.

Go Magic

ragee
05-19-2009, 03:01 PM
sup Magic fans.

Good series. the better team in 2009 won. I like your chances against cleveland, but Hedo, Shard, and D12 better come to play every night.

Go Magic

Hedo and Shard needs to be consistent... Dwight can just like score 12 points... I am fine with that... As long as he grabs as many rebounds as he can get...:D

EX-TREME
05-19-2009, 05:38 PM
sup Magic fans.

Go Magic

thx. wish you guys good luck. and hedo shard and dwight needs to step their game up against cleveland.

GoldGlove9
05-19-2009, 05:44 PM

Dude to say the cavs have just LeBron is plain F***ing dumb. There is a reason they have the best record in the NBA. There is a reason they went 39-2 at home and 27-14 on the road. The reason is because they all fill their individual roles well. The team chemistry of the 2008-2009 Cleveland Cavs is unlike any I have ever seen before. We understand the Magic are a great team. not good, GREAT. The thing is they are not battle tested. They are tired. They have not been here before. We saw what happens when the Magic don't hit the 3 pt. shot. The Cavs have the best player int he world LeBron, HCA, Coach of the year, Freshness, and the experiance. Bottom line. The cavs are going to go straight at Dwight and get him in foul trouble. After that all you see is the magic jackin up 3's. For LeBron's supporting cast- Mo Williams, Z, Varejo, Joe Smith, Delonte West, Ben Wallace, Wally, Daniel Gibson, everyone on that list plays their role well. Just because they don't put up the high stats doesn't mean they are not good.

Also, Rashard Lewis is so overrated it makes me want to puke. Inside of the 3 pt line he is just god awful. No post moves, under-sized, avg rebounder.

GoldGlove9
05-19-2009, 05:53 PM
LeBron can single handily win games. We're all witnesses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

I have a quick question. Do you think the 06-07 DET Pistons were better than the 08-09 Magic?

GoldGlove9
05-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Ask last years DPOY if he can stop LBJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htRzuvmasMc&feature=channel

(I'm done posting stupid youtube vids I swear :D )

MagicBucsSox
05-19-2009, 06:35 PM
courtney lee to start vs delonte west(hahaha)Courtney Lee will start for Magic vs. Cavs

Magic shooting guard Courtney Lee will replace J.J. Redick in the starting lineup for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

Coach Stan Van Gundy feels Lee matches up better with Cavaliers guard Delonte West, "who puts the ball on the floor more and attacks with the dribble." Redick capably defended Ray Allen in the second round, but Lee is still a superior defensive player. May. 19 - 12:43 pm et
Source: Orlando Sentinel

Sandman
05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Also, Rashard Lewis is so overrated it makes me want to puke. Inside of the 3 pt line he is just god awful. No post moves, under-sized, avg rebounder.
He's overpaid, grossly. I don't think he's overrated, though. He's been shooting well inside and outside, and he's been getting good penetration.

prodigy
05-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I've been looking threw some magics forums, and I see alot of weird stuff. I ask myself how many games outside of the magic do these fans watch? answer is very little.

1. I read that lee is a mismatch for west? is that a joke? west shut down hamilton and joe johnson. How in the world is lee going to cause him problems? He's not.

2. Z will draw howard out of the paint, which will allow lebron to do his thing. If not, then Z will hit his shot all night.

3. Regular season means nothing. cavs were 2-0 vs spurs in regular season. what happened? they sweap us in finals. means nothing.

4. cavs are 40-1 at home.

5. If i were the cavs I would just let Z go one on one with howard. People might laugh, but howard has no jumpshot and a horrible hook shot. I would force howard to shoot over Z.

6. live by the 3 you die by the 3. I did not just make that up. Its the truth.

cavs win game 1 and 2, magic win 3 and 4, cavs win 5 and steal game 6.

cavs in 6. mybe even 5 if the magics three's don't fall.

macc
05-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Dude to say the cavs have just LeBron is plain F***ing dumb. There is a reason they have the best record in the NBA. There is a reason they went 39-2 at home and 27-14 on the road. The reason is because they all fill their individual roles well. The team chemistry of the 2008-2009 Cleveland Cavs is unlike any I have ever seen before. We understand the Magic are a great team. not good, GREAT. The thing is they are not battle tested. They are tired. They have not been here before. We saw what happens when the Magic don't hit the 3 pt. shot. The Cavs have the best player int he world LeBron, HCA, Coach of the year, Freshness, and the experiance. Bottom line. The cavs are going to go straight at Dwight and get him in foul trouble. After that all you see is the magic jackin up 3's. For LeBron's supporting cast- Mo Williams, Z, Varejo, Joe Smith, Delonte West, Ben Wallace, Wally, Daniel Gibson, everyone on that list plays their role well. Just because they don't put up the high stats doesn't mean they are not good.

Hey I'm not taking anything from Lebron, I think he's great but he's gonna need help to get it done. Yes you are correct that the Cavs are great with their record but since we're taking records weren't they 2-7 against the top 3 teams in the NBA? They can't beat great teams. Or at least they don't have winning records against them. Does that not tell you anything at all about your team? You can say the regular season doesn't mean anything but why? During the regular season these games are hyped up just as much as the playoff games so I don't see people's reasoning here when the say the regular season doesn't mean anything. Oh and our 29 pt victory over your team means nothing as well.

I've said it many times, we match up well against your team. When it comes to the playoffs its all about matchups. A team may struggle with one team in the playoffs but kill the next one. Look at the Lakers, they may beat up on a Utah team but then struggle w/ Houston w/ injuries. It's all about matchups.

Lebrons BIGGEST advantage over his apponents is driving into the lane with his leaping and athletic ability. Well we have an equalizer for that in our athletic freak in Dwight Howard. It forces Bron into a jump shooter and you know as well as I do that that isn't his best shot. That's why we'll win the series because after Howard and after your Bron we have the much better supportin cast.

On Lewis, if you think he's only a 3pt shooter than i'm sorry but you're simply ignorant and don't know his game. Hes excellent in the post, he has a nice turn around fade away that noone can guard, and he's good at driving and most importantly closing at the rim, if you don't believe, actually watch him play, he did it to the Celtics all series. Savy

*Superman*
05-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey I'm not taking anything from Lebron, I think he's great but he's gonna need help to get it done. Yes you are correct that the Cavs are great with their record but since we're taking records weren't they 2-7 against the top 3 teams in the NBA? They can't beat great teams. Or at least they don't have winning records against them. Does that not tell you anything at all about your team? You can say the regular season doesn't mean anything but why? During the regular season these games are hyped up just as much as the playoff games so I don't see people's reasoning here when the say the regular season doesn't mean anything. Oh and our 29 pt victory over your team means nothing as well.

I've said it many times, we match up well against your team. When it comes to the playoffs its all about matchups. A team may struggle with one team in the playoffs but kill the next one. Look at the Lakers, they may beat up on a Utah team but then struggle w/ Houston w/ injuries. It's all about matchups.

Lebrons BIGGEST advantage over his apponents is driving into the lane with his leaping and athletic ability. Well we have an equalizer for that in our athletic freak in Dwight Howard. It forces Bron into a jump shooter and you know as well as I do that that isn't his best shot. That's why we'll win the series because after Howard and after your Bron we have the much better supportin cast.

On Lewis, if you think he's only a 3pt shooter than i'm sorry but you're simply ignorant and don't know his game. Hes excellent in the post, he has a nice turn around fade away that noone can guard, and he's good at driving and most importantly closing at the rim, if you don't believe, actually watch him play, he did it to the Celtics all series. Savy

:clap: Flawless Bro.

macc
05-19-2009, 08:22 PM
I've been looking threw some magics forums, and I see alot of weird stuff. I ask myself how many games outside of the magic do these fans watch? answer is very little.

1. I read that lee is a mismatch for west? is that a joke? west shut down hamilton and joe johnson. How in the world is lee going to cause him problems? He's not.

2. Z will draw howard out of the paint, which will allow lebron to do his thing. If not, then Z will hit his shot all night.

3. Regular season means nothing. cavs were 2-0 vs spurs in regular season. what happened? they sweap us in finals. means nothing.

5. If i were the cavs I would just let Z go one on one with howard. People might laugh, but howard has no jumpshot and a horrible hook shot. I would force howard to shoot over Z.

1. I woudln't say Lee is a mismatch for West but Lee will def defend him well, you won't see West with his wide open 3 pt oppurtunity's like you're used to seeing, don't believe me, ask House and Ray Allen of the Celtics how many open looks they got. Lee has some nice offense and a great mid range shot but in his rookie season he's known more for his lockdown defense

2. Z won't draw Howard out of the paint, when centers leave the lane typically Howard and Lewis/Battie will switch up. You rarely see Howard leave the lane

3. I would be saying the same thing to if my team lost by 29 pts

4. Actually you've lost at home twice. We are a great road team and was very close to beating you guys if it wasn't for a 3 sec violation that was called on us that wasn't called the entire game. In any case, your home court advantage is overated, if you say the regular season means nothing that stop PICKING AND CHOOSING what aspects of the regular season matter. Getting blown out by the Magic means nothing but winning on your home court doesn..hmmmmmmmm

5. Good luck with that one. Z avg's 11 pts and 8 rebounds against us. Shoot em up Z.

6. We've won ugly games when our 3 ball isn't dropping (see Magic/Philly Magic/Boston series) if you haven't noticed our 3 ball hasn't exactly been dropping that well this entire playoffs, somehow we've managed to get to the ECF.

*Superman*
05-19-2009, 08:26 PM

Really? Prove it.

And on Lee vs West, sure West shut down Hamiltion and Joe, but Lee has guarded the likes of Kobe and Wade and did a damn good job. I cant wait for tomorrow to see what happens.

MagicBucsSox
05-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Really? Prove it.

And on Lee vs West, sure West shut down Hamiltion and Joe, but Lee has guarded the likes of Kobe and Wade and did a damn good job. I cant wait for tomorrow to see what happens.

hamilton isnt a face up player. he runs thru screens to shoot, joe was hurt. simple n plain. its no way delonte can check that man. so from that delonte has a hype from cleveland fans as a great defender. i think lee has a slight ege if his shot is on, i think rafer and mo even out. raf is a way better point and ballhandler, mo way better shooter.
and lee can guard a guy who avg 11pts easily

Iron24th
05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi Magic fans,I hope you'll beat those arrogants cavaliers,I'm pretty sure you can,you have done an incredible job in game 7 at boston,your team is the only one in eastern I was rooting for,good luck from a Lakers fan.

*Superman*
05-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi Magic fans,I hope you'll beat those arrogants cavaliers,I'm pretty sure you can,you have done an incredible job in game 7 at boston,your team is the only one in eastern I was rooting for,good luck from a Lakers fan.

Thanks bro, good luck to you too.

prodigy
05-19-2009, 10:53 PM
1. I woudln't say Lee is a mismatch for West but Lee will def defend him well, you won't see West with his wide open 3 pt oppurtunity's like you're used to seeing, don't believe me, ask House and Ray Allen of the Celtics how many open looks they got. Lee has some nice offense and a great mid range shot but in his rookie season he's known more for his lockdown defense

Lee will have to help on lebron, williams alot, which will get west open.

2. Z won't draw Howard out of the paint, when centers leave the lane typically Howard and Lewis/Battie will switch up. You rarely see Howard leave the lane.

Well Z will have some big games I see. lebron will get howard in foul trouble real quick.

well I know your team has not been in the playoffs much, But you need to understand regular season is the regular season. It means nothing. If magic go in there thinking they will destroy the cavs like they did in that game, then cavs win in 4.

4. Actually you've lost at home twice. We are a great road team and was very close to beating you guys if it wasn't for a 3 sec violation that was called on us that wasn't called the entire game. In any case, your home court advantage is overated, if you say the regular season means nothing that stop PICKING AND CHOOSING what aspects of the regular season matter. Getting blown out by the Magic means nothing but winning on your home court doesn..hmmmmmmmm

one real game. Nobody counts that last game. Although are bench almost beat the sixers.

5. Good luck with that one. Z avg's 11 pts and 8 rebounds against us. Shoot em up Z.

Heck yaaa. If he's wide open, he is a very good shooter.

*Superman*
05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Who have you guys beat? A Detroit team that doesn't even know what they are doing in the playoffs and the Hawks? Real competition.:rolleyes:

*Superman*
05-19-2009, 11:00 PM
suns. very intertaining, but can't win crap.

just go back and look at pure 3pt shooting teams in history. its common since.

I was joking since you said it was the "truth"

ifhmondays
05-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Good Luck, I'm a buck fan but i did pick a denver vs orlando nba finals. Also you guys owned the lakers this season, and i think have beaten the cavs twice this season so hopefully your team pulls it off.

ManRam
05-20-2009, 12:25 AM

He's been getting to the hoop pretty darn easily in the playoffs. He isn't big, but he is 6-10 and he is very lanky. He's not a bruiser, sure, but he wont claim to be. He's a SF playing out of position...but that just creates mismatched, sometimes both ways, sometimes not. He was probably the biggest reason we won the series vs. the Celtics. He showed up every night, and Big Baby and Scal couldn't guard him.

Overpaid...not overrated. He's an amazing scorer.

rapjuicer06
05-20-2009, 12:31 AM
i think orlando matches up great against the cavs. hedo on lebron, lee on williams, alston on west, and the switch for me is shard on Z and dwight on varejao. that way dwight can stay closer to the hoop and shard can guard Z on his shots. hopefully thats how we go about it. Z can't guard howard, varejao can't guard lewis or howard, lebron could shut down hedo but he'll be helping too much on dwight and shard. the cavs may be a great defensive team, but against us they just can't match up. their too slow with the big men, and not that athletic. in order for us to win this series shard and dwight need to come up huge. and hopefully MP can keep up the bench points as well

the best way the cavs could guard dwight is if lebron did. i think lebron would cause a lot of problems for dwight, but then that completely leaves our 3 point shooters open

PennyMy#1
05-20-2009, 05:29 AM
http://www.atdhe.net

hope you enjoy

Thanks !
I hope we all enjoy our first win ;)

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks bro, good luck to you too.

Thanks bro too,you have one hell of a team,I'm pretty sure you're better than the cavs,plus you matchup pretty well against them.
If we go to the finals and meet you,I will be thrilled cause you're pretty good,wathever I hope it will be L.A - Orlando.

I love D12 ,Rashard and Pietrus,and Hedo is clutch as hell.

Once again good luck Magic fans.

sNaKeS
05-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks bro too,you have one hell of a team,I'm pretty sure you're better than the cavs,plus you matchup pretty well against them.
If we go to the finals and meet you,I will be thrilled cause you're pretty good,wathever I hope it will be L.A - Orlando.

I love D12 ,Rashard and Pietrus,and Hedo is clutch as hell.

Once again good luck Magic fans.

For some odd reason, I want the lakers to come out of the west and play the magic if they make it out of the east. The one reason...........chauncey billups!

prodigy
05-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Who have you guys beat? A Detroit team that doesn't even know what they are doing in the playoffs and the Hawks? Real competition.:rolleyes:

your 100% correct. Thats why cavs took both detroit and hawks out behind the wood shed.

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 09:21 AM
For some odd reason, I want the lakers to come out of the west and play the magic if they make it out of the east. The one reason...........chauncey billups!

same here :cheers:

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 09:22 AM
wow get a room. lol. Didn't the lakers take shaq from the magic?

lol. Didn't Lebron take MJ's number :rolleyes:

prodigy
05-20-2009, 10:11 AM
lol. Didn't Lebron take MJ's number :rolleyes:

ya? point? He loved MJ growing up.

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 12:03 PM
ya? point? He loved MJ growing up.

I think he believes he's MJ more than he loves him.

prodigy
05-20-2009, 01:02 PM
I think he believes he's MJ more than he loves him.

lol. Well can I be lebron then?

MAC10TIZZY
05-20-2009, 01:47 PM

2. Z won't draw Howard out of the paint, when centers leave the lane typically Howard and Lewis/Battie will switch up. You rarely see Howard leave the lane

6. We've won ugly games when our 3 ball isn't dropping (see Magic/Philly Magic/Boston series) if you haven't noticed our 3 ball hasn't exactly been dropping that well this entire playoffs, somehow we've managed to get to the ECF.

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!! macc, this could be the best post i have ever read of yours....kudo's my magic man, kudo's

MAC10TIZZY
05-20-2009, 01:54 PM

i know this next comment but dude lakers fans are classy!!!!!!!!

macc
05-20-2009, 02:07 PM

Ya I was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping that we play LA in the finals for a couple reasons 1) One of my best friends is a LA fan so our teams meeting is ideal for us considering all the bets we can make on the series and 2) You said it, the Lakers fan have been pretty classy w/ us. I think we got their respect when Orlando swept them this year. In any case I like classy fans. Bostons fans were pretty good to go as well. So far the Cav's fans have been fine. I just got sick of hearing Philly fans complain about the refs...arggg..

Anyways can't wait for the game tonight, hopfully the Magic back up all the trash i've talked in their behalf...ha

MagicBucsSox
05-20-2009, 02:28 PM
we win this series im interested if adidas will come with a counter campaign/puppets for dwight, and if billups another adidas guy gets to the finals that'd be interesting

ragee
05-20-2009, 02:36 PM

It is so funny how you say regular season means nothing but saying afterwards you guys are 40-1 at home...:rolleyes:

ragee
05-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Ya I was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping that we play LA in the finals for a couple reasons 1) One of my best friends is a LA fan so our teams meeting is ideal for us considering all the bets we can make on the series and 2) You said it, the Lakers fan have been pretty classy w/ us. I think we got their respect when Orlando swept them this year. In any case I like classy fans. Bostons fans were pretty good to go as well. So far the Cav's fans have been fine. I just got sick of hearing Philly fans complain about the refs...arggg..

Anyways can't wait for the game tonight, hopfully the Magic back up all the trash i've talked in their behalf...ha

I used to think all Laker fans are a bunch of homers... Apparently, they are not... Some are very classy... That is nice to see... Boston fans are great... Cavs fan however, are mixed too... There are a lot of classy ones but at the same time, there are a lot of homers too that believes they are unbeatable because they have the best player in the league... This series will be interesting... They are a good team at home but we proved to be a good road team expecially in the Celtics' series... I was so scared to play game 7 on them... But we did a good job... I just hope we can just hold Lebron down to his average... There is no way to stop that guy... Don't let him score 50 on us and if he doesn't, don't let him have like 12 assist that will get his teammates going... This is a hard task but ccan still be done... Can't wait for tonight... I hope we win game 1....

AIverson
05-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Lebron gets an open lane to rim goes for a dunk, but Howard steps up and goes up with him...

What happens next?

MagicBucsSox
05-20-2009, 03:43 PM
refs call foul because dwight is 2ft close to lebron

ragee
05-20-2009, 03:57 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Even when I am playing NBA 2k9, this happens!!!:mad:

I sure hope the refs would call it down the middle... Don't give Lebron the special treatment...

prodigy
05-20-2009, 04:00 PM

lol, lakers really want you guys to win so they don't have to face the cavs. If the magic beat the cavs somehow, The lakers fans will destroy you guys.

prodigy
05-20-2009, 04:05 PM
It is so funny how you say regular season means nothing but saying afterwards you guys are 40-1 at home...:rolleyes:

40-1 at home shows how great home court is for the cavs. Which has transfered to the postseason very well.

regular season matchups don't mean much, because teams will make adjustments. The only way you counter homecourt, Is if you get rid of all the cavs fans. You see my point?

Anon
05-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I am so freakin' excited for this series!!! Magic in 6.

AIverson
05-20-2009, 04:49 PM

:mad:

It's a shame Stern's not going to give you guys a 1% chance of winning this series. I just hope something cool will happen while we watch this series. We just have to hope Stern's feeling generous. :cool:

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 05:01 PM
40-1 at home shows how great home court is for the cavs. Which has transfered to the postseason very well.

regular season matchups don't mean much, because teams will make adjustments. The only way you counter homecourt, Is if you get rid of all the cavs fans. You see my point?

You went 39-2 at home.

Why do you say 40-1???

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 05:04 PM
lol. Well can I be lebron then?

:eyebrow::shrug:

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 05:15 PM
lol, lakers really want you guys to win so they don't have to face the cavs. If the magic beat the cavs somehow, The lakers fans will destroy you guys.

Wrong,we beat cleveland twice by double digits,and orlando beat us twice in closed games,but they deserved it.

We matchup pretty well against the cavs but not against the magic,so,the only reason that I want orlando is cause I respect them,from their players to their coaches and fans,they're pretty good and classy,something that Lebron and co are not.

KmB728
05-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Beat Lebron for me Magic!

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 05:17 PM

:clap: Magic in 6!

Sandman
05-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Wrong,we beat cleveland twice by double digits,and orlando beat us twice in closed games,but they deserved it.

When you think about it, because the Magic are a defensive team, any low scoring game is going to be closer in score.

MAC10TIZZY
05-20-2009, 06:57 PM
i just really, really, really ref's dont commit fraud calls for lebron.....ugh it urks me just thinking about it, cause i know its gonna happen...

ManRam
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
I know MagicBucsSox thinks I root against the Magic because I think Cleveland is better, and picked them to win the series...but you will really think I hate Magic fans if anyone starts whining about calls. There is nothing I can't stand more than people whining about the officiating. Just don't. You're going to be caught up in the game, and things will seem worse than they are at times. Try to be objective with the refereeing. 99% of the time the game is called the same for both teams, even when guys like Wade, LeBron and Kobe are involved.

Those guys get calls because they are the best. The don't get special treatment, they just are the best. The best players have the ball in their hands more than the rest, the best players are the most aggressive, the best players attack the rim the most. That's why guys like LeBron get calls. Because they deserve them. Occasionally they'll get a 50/50 call because of who they are, but you have to remember, it's a 50/50 call.

Please, please, please don't whine. No one likes people who complain about refs. Then again, I have no right to tell people how to root...

I'm out. I might be back at halftime. GO MAGIC!!!

Iron24th
05-20-2009, 08:05 PM
When you think about it, because the Magic are a defensive team, any low scoring game is going to be closer in score.

The scores were :

at Orlando 106-103

at L.A 109-103

I don't think those are low scores ;)

Sandman
05-20-2009, 08:08 PM
The scores were :

at Orlando 106-103

at L.A 109-103

I don't think those are low scores ;)

haha :smoking:

AIverson
05-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwight just busted the motha ****in shot clock? How aweseome is this guy?

Fire Girardi
05-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Magic in 6.

lol keep dreaming, the way their playin right now, this series will b over in 5

MagicBucsSox
05-20-2009, 09:56 PM
lol keep dreaming, the way their playin right now, this series will b over in 5

whatcan u do if lebron's allowed to clobber dwight, he has 3 phantoms fouls, like some many bull calls. And then you throw in the fact, theyre on fire as of now the series is 1-love refs

ManRam
05-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Gotta change up how we are defending LeBron. When he's isolating he's unstoppable...but at the same time, we're leaving shooters wide open, and he's too damn good of a passer to do that. SVG has done a great job handling the defense, hopefully he can adjust. He's absolutely dominating.

Sandman
05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Even if the magic don't squeak this one out- its good to see they didnt roll over and die.

Sandman
05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Does Cleveland have their MLE?

Could/would they rob Gortat?

Ethix11
05-20-2009, 11:27 PM
woot woot

sNaKeS
05-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Orlando!!!!!! Great game for the magic and this should be a good series. Good luck cleveland fans in game 2.

JJ81
05-20-2009, 11:35 PM
YES! Good win tonight! I cant stand most of the players on teams like Celtics, Cavs, Heat but for some reason I like most of the Magic players. I wish them all the best in this series.

Rocarich
05-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Way to go kiddies. Let's hope you get to meet us in a few weeks.

MAC10TIZZY
05-21-2009, 12:01 AM
wow what a game! i love laker fans, they have quadrupled our fan base...lol

macc
05-21-2009, 12:10 AM

Haha ya no doubt

macc
05-21-2009, 12:40 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Even when I am playing NBA 2k9, this happens!!!:mad:

I sure hope the refs would call it down the middle... Don't give Lebron the special treatment...

Do you play 2k9 live? If yes add me greedyirishman7

wadecounty305
05-21-2009, 12:43 AM
what a great game by orlando.. come on guys im rooting for u since my team the miami heat are done.. lets go magic repesent tha best state in the U.S..... florida

ManRam
05-21-2009, 01:00 AM

Just wait 'til you play against them. They're being deceiving right now ;)

There are a ton of great Laker fans here, but some are pitiful, and annoy me to no end. Just look at the Cavs/Magic Game 1 thread in the NBA section. They were tooting Kobe's horn the whole time. Kobe's name was talked about a lot more than Dwight's was. They turned it into a Kobe/LeBron thread.

But you can't fault them...the Magic are so damn likable.

JNore151
05-21-2009, 01:21 AM
cant wait for game two!!!!! hopefully my voice will be back by then......

D Blue987
05-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Good win for you guys tonight. I gotta say I am rooting for you guys this series. I feel that the NBA pre destined Lebron and the Cavs to win just about everything from the beggining of the season. The MVP was Lebrons before the season began, and the ship is suppossed to be the Cavs before the post season began. I am just tired of all the damn anlysts who are riding Lebron and the Cavs jock. Shut them up please!

Kobes81
05-21-2009, 03:25 AM
Nice win O-Town!! Keep up the good work! That win was huge. Lebron knew he was done when Howard just walks in and literally starts tearing the joint down. I love this game.

Iron24th
05-21-2009, 06:04 AM

lol. Congrats Magic fans,you're just the better team :clap:

PennyMy#1
05-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Just beat 'em :dance:
Howard with 30 points ... man, everybody said "just give him the ball" and now, that he got it ... it worked brilliant for us. Pietrus has become a very important factor for us ... too.

It's really nice to have all these Lakers here since we have to play all of their "hate"-teams. First Celtics, now Cavs ;-) We went from like 6 Users to 25 ...

MagicBucsSox
05-21-2009, 07:27 AM
I guess lebron should stop practicing trick shots and work on his free throws!!!

This is why i laugh at those who say lebron's a better player than kobe. 1 kobe guards the best guy on the team(he wit to melo,jr,billups and jones)2. Lebrons was guarding lol skip and needed help on turk,his d is so overrated. All he does is blindside blocks in which the first on dwight was a sickening hack. 3.KOBE 12-12 FTS-LEBRON NOT SO.

DWIGHT COULDA GOT 50 HAD THE REFS NOT PLANT 5 BS FOULS ON HIM

ANCPYTHONS
05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
your 100% correct. Thats why cavs took both detroit and hawks out behind the wood shed.

Regardless on what you say this is going to be a series and the Cav's havent played someone good in the playoffs.

Gdubbz
05-21-2009, 01:25 PM
I think that if the Magic can still keep the Cavs number, and if Lebron is not 100%, then... just then we might have a chance. Cant wait till Friday.

ragee
05-21-2009, 01:35 PM

Uh... All that happened in the regular season though... If you are going to say something, make sure you say it as it is... Not by picking what you like and taking away the things you don't like... Magic wins game 1, see my point?

D_Rose1118
05-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I guess lebron should stop practicing trick shots and work on his free throws!!!

This is why i laugh at those who say lebron's a better player than kobe. 1 kobe guards the best guy on the team(he wit to melo,jr,billups and jones)2. Lebrons was guarding lol skip and needed help on turk,his d is so overrated. All he does is blindside blocks in which the first on dwight was a sickening hack. 3.KOBE 12-12 FTS-LEBRON NOT SO.

DWIGHT COULDA GOT 50 HAD THE REFS NOT PLANT 5 BS FOULS ON HIM

Preach

ragee
05-21-2009, 01:43 PM

We matchup pretty well against the cavs but not against the magic,so,the only reason that I want orlando is cause I respect them,from their players to their coaches and fans,they're pretty good and classy,something that Lebron and co are not.

Right on the spot, my man... The Lakers I believe is the only team who has no doubt in their minds that they can beat the Cavs... I watched the Cavs and Lakers game and it showed that those games where one of the worst games James ever played... The Lakers played good defense on him...

ragee
05-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Do you play 2k9 live? If yes add me greedyirishman7

Sure... I'll be magic though! ;)

macc
05-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Sure... I'll be magic though! ;)

Haha I knew you would say that. I don't care who I play with. Actually lately I've been playing with Memphis alot. OJ Mayo is fun to play with and he has a really quick release on that game. In any case hit me up on there.

ragee
05-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Haha I knew you would say that. I don't care who I play with. Actually lately I've been playing with Memphis alot. OJ Mayo is fun to play with and he has a really quick release on that game. In any case hit me up on there.

I've been playing the Bulls a lot after that great series with Boston... In 2k10 I'll be playing a lot of Memphis too... After they draft Rubio!:D

*Superman*
05-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Good win guys! Wow i gave up on the game but when we got it under 5pts i came back. lol hope i never have to do that.

MAGIC, Come out stronger next game!

MAC10TIZZY
05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
magic look great!!!!!!

MagicDojo
05-21-2009, 11:45 PM
word

Fire Girardi
05-22-2009, 12:12 AM
the cavs will win game 2 bc of the refs bc david stern doesnt want the magic to go up 2 - 0

Sandman
05-22-2009, 01:46 AM
the cavs will win game 2 bc of the refs bc david stern doesnt want the magic to go up 2 - 0

Magic will win game two IN SPITE OF the refs! :smoking:

macc
05-22-2009, 10:14 AM

Stop with the refs please. Nomore conspiracy theories. Lets focus on basketball. savy

Iron24th
05-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Magic will win game two IN SPITE OF the refs! :smoking:

You should jump on them early,cause the refs will help them to not be down 0-2 in this series.

Whatever I like the chances of Orlando in this one.

Sandman
05-22-2009, 10:42 AM
You should jump on them early,cause the refs will help them to not be down 0-2 in this series.
Yup, don't know why everyone's *****ing about the refs. Just thought I'd throw around some game 2 confidence. :smoking:

MagicDojo
05-22-2009, 02:35 PM
the Magic will win tonight and your tears will fill Lake Erie.

MagicDojo
05-22-2009, 02:36 PM
word

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2009, 10:43 PM
lol beeeeeeeeeeeeeepppp foul, thats all you hear,

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2009, 10:44 PM
terrible 1st quarter play is killing us

Fire Girardi
05-22-2009, 10:49 PM
the refs will make sure orlando loses this game

MagicBucsSox
05-22-2009, 11:00 PM
lee gets charged will the same drive pavlovic does, foul magic lol

sNaKeS
05-23-2009, 12:09 AM
I can't take this series anymore, too many close calls already and i'm losing a couple years off my life as it is. I'm not going to complain about the refs but I knew that no technical foul call on williams would come back to bite the magic but **** happens. Hopefully hedo and rashard can start a game out like they do in the fourth quarters in the next two games and the magic can play some defense the entire game instead of just the second half. A lot of positives for orlando coming home for the next two games and right now I have to see this series going 3-1 in favor of the magic after these home games. Great win cleveland, hell of a 3 pointer by james, and see ya in orlando on sunday.

BigAl25
05-23-2009, 12:30 AM
First of all i think the Magic are one of the most underrated teams in the league and im sure u guys can beat the cavs but i just wanna see one thing: please put lebron on his back in the next couple of games

sNaKeS
05-23-2009, 12:35 AM
First of all i think the Magic are one of the most underrated teams in the league and im sure u guys can beat the cavs but i just wanna see one thing: please put lebron on his back in the next couple of games

If anyone is getting put on their back it's gonna be mo williams for that little ***** move he did with howard in the first quarter.

Iron24th
05-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Have you seen Lebron's happiness ? He was like he didn't know he can make that buzzer beater,what a freakin' loser!

MagicBucsSox
05-23-2009, 01:51 AM
we gotta fix our 1st quarter play,thats the game there. hopefully dwight gets some calls at home.best of 5 series now gents, we're good ,i the last play gortat or turk should of been on the inbound. but thats only a question cause lebron hit a shot he couldnt do again with his son's life on the line but hey,thats how its goes

"we've been here before men ,dont fall apart: iggy,young, house,davis,james
and we won those series-good trend

Iron24th
05-23-2009, 05:49 AM
we gotta fix our 1st quarter play,thats the game there. hopefully dwight gets some calls at home.best of 5 series now gents, we're good i live the heart, the playplay gortat or turk should of been on the inbound. but thats only a question cause lebron hit a shot he couldnt do again with his son's life on the line but hey,thats how its goes

"we've been here before men ,dont fall apart: iggy,young, house,davis,james
and we won those series-good trend

Yes I think Orlando is the team who was most tested in this playoffs,first round game 1 lost,won game 7 at boston,won game 1 at cleveland,and they always come back with vengeance,very impressive.

Sandman
05-23-2009, 01:09 PM
the refs will make sure orlando loses this game

I'm calling you for a reach foul. You're stretching way too much -- blaming the refs before the game starts?

Iron24th
05-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Come on Magic,kick some cavs *** tomorrow and my weekend is perfect!

PennyMy#1
05-24-2009, 09:37 AM
You know what. I never hated any franchise. Never. I'm honest. Not even the Rockets when they kicked us ... back in the 90's. But ... very slightly there is upcoming a strange feeling in me about the Cavaliers. And this is not because I want to, it's because the *** NBA-Stern-A-Holic force it ! LeBron's Buzzer from ALL ANGLES on NBA.com ! WHAT THE ... ?

They really force hate-based-rivalry ...

GoldGlove9
05-24-2009, 03:46 PM
So much for me saying R. Lewis is overrated :o He is putting on a show in this series :clap: Good luck tonight from a Cavs fan. Bound to come down to the wire again.

Sandman
05-24-2009, 05:22 PM
You know what. I never hated any franchise. Never. I'm honest. Not even the Rockets when they kicked us ... back in the 90's. But ... very slightly there is upcoming a strange feeling in me about the Cavaliers. And this is not because I want to, it's because the *** NBA-Stern-A-Holic force it ! LeBron's Buzzer from ALL ANGLES on NBA.com ! WHAT THE ... ?

They really force hate-based-rivalry ...

ESPN did it too. It was a solid 1:30 montage of the shot from every angle. They even followed it up with MJ's shot.

"I pulled it out of my bag of Michael Jordan tricks."

"The old 23 is gone, look at the new one."

I can't hate him.

He thinks he's the next MJ now. The media has been saying it since he was drafted, but LBJ thinks it now. LBJ thinks he's larger than life.

The humility is starting to evaporate.. it's hard to say it's going to his head, though.. because he's 100% correct :o.

ragee
05-24-2009, 08:59 PM
A game 2 win would have been so sweet... I hate how it ended... However, there is nothing we can do about it now... Let's just hope we can win games 3 and 4... Good luck Magic!!! Dwight in foul trouble early... Yikes...

ragee
05-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Dang! Nice block by Gortat!!!

macc
05-24-2009, 09:12 PM
ESPN did it too. It was a solid 1:30 montage of the shot from every angle. They even followed it up with MJ's shot.

"I pulled it out of my bag of Michael Jordan tricks."

"The old 23 is gone, look at the new one."

I can't hate him.

He thinks he's the next MJ now. The media has been saying it since he was drafted, but LBJ thinks it now. LBJ thinks he's larger than life.

The humility is starting to evaporate.. it's hard to say it's going to his head, though.. because he's 100% correct :o.

Ya it's crazy how good Lebron James is. I mean I knew he was good but you always play closer attention to the guy when he's facing your team as he is now and you really get to see how great the guy is. I don't hate on him, I appreciate the guy. Its just crazy how good this guy can get.

He doesn't have a true #2 man on his team. Imagine in 2010 if he gets paired up with a Chris Bosh or Amare, you might has well give his team a couple championships off the bat. Imagine Lebron w/ Dwight. Wouldn't even be fair.

sNaKeS
05-25-2009, 12:04 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I'm lovin the stitches mo williams needs on his eye! That's what you get when you act like a ***** and throw the ball at our superstar!

BTownTeamsRKing
05-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Magic? 2009 NBA Finals Champions?

Anything is possible...

ragee
05-25-2009, 12:28 AM

Anything is possible...

Man, I do hope so... Coz the other 3 left are teams that I really hate!!! I am not saying they don't deserve it, I jus't don't want Melo, Kobe or Lebron get a championship...

*Superman*
05-25-2009, 12:45 AM

Anything is possible...

Hey man thanks for being such a good sport, even after our team eliminated yours.( didn't mean that in a bad way.):)

Iron24th
05-25-2009, 04:20 AM
Man, I do hope so... Coz the other 3 left are teams that I really hate!!! I am not saying they don't deserve it, I jus't don't want Melo, Kobe or Lebron get a championship...

I'm all for Kobe as a Lakers fan :D

Iron24th
05-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Thanks Magic,you made my day,great win.

EX-TREME
05-25-2009, 05:49 AM
great game 3 win

BTownTeamsRKing
05-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey man thanks for being such a good sport, even after our team eliminated yours.( didn't mean that in a bad way.):)

Well the Magic are easy to like. Rashard Lewis has always been one of my favorite ballers. Watching Howard destroy cleveland down low has been awesome. Courtney Lee should get a rookie of the playoffs award after Rose. Gortat cracks me up. he loooks so goofy, but then he actually stuffs lebron.. freaken hilarious!

to add to that, nothing annoyed me more this year than the taunting and dancing of the cavs. They act like they already won the championship. After every Celtics loss, we had cavs fans talking some real garbage. I hate the obvious preferrential treatment lebonr gets on every drive or 3pt shot apparently. I hate how the NBA is trying to force this supposed next MJ upon us.

All year I have said that cleveland is a one man team and i took insults for it. well guess who was right. The Magic TEAM is exposing those frauds. Mo Williams All Star? haha yea ok.

Put em in their place.

Sandman
05-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Gortat is fun to watch. He's not the greatest, but he's fundamentally sound and makes plays with his size.

*Superman*
05-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Well the Magic are easy to like. Rashard Lewis has always been one of my favorite ballers. Watching Howard destroy cleveland down low has been awesome. Courtney Lee should get a rookie of the playoffs award after Rose. Gortat cracks me up. he loooks so goofy, but then he actually stuffs lebron.. freaken hilarious!

to add to that, nothing annoyed me more this year than the taunting and dancing of the cavs. They act like they already won the championship. After every Celtics loss, we had cavs fans talking some real garbage. I hate the obvious preferrential treatment lebonr gets on every drive or 3pt shot apparently. I hate how the NBA is trying to force this supposed next MJ upon us.

All year I have said that cleveland is a one man team and i took insults for it. well guess who was right. The Magic TEAM is exposing those frauds. Mo Williams All Star? haha yea ok.

Put em in their place.

Yeah, and he only made the All-Star team as a backup for Jameer.lol The thing is the Cavs can pick on lesser teams in the NBA, but when it comes to the Magic, LA, Celtics they struggle so much. That is the only reason they got 66 wins.

sNaKeS
05-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah, and he only made the All-Star team as a backup for Jameer.lol The thing is the Cavs can pick on lesser teams in the NBA, but when it comes to the Magic, LA, Celtics they struggle so much. That is the only reason they got 66 wins.

Don't mean to correct you but he was the second backup cause when nelson got hurt the next replacement was ray allen and then it was mo williams crying his way into the all star game :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

MJL
05-25-2009, 02:17 PM
I am tired of all those Caves and LeBron butt kisser. Yes, LaBron is good, but he is not god like those sports media claims.
Lebron missed 5 key free throw in 4th quarter game 3.
Caves could be easily 0-3 in this series.
Now you tell me again, how good is Caves...I say the Magic is even better,

chadillachembre
05-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Im a Suns fan pulling for you guys. I really believe you will win this series. I know I'm preaching to the choir but yall should be one game away from the finals. Im watchin and rooting for yall

ManRam
05-25-2009, 08:27 PM
If Hedo and Shard play 40 minutes of basketball, and not like 10, we'll win tonight. We're lucky (not really, because the Cavs haven't been given us much of a challenge) that we've been able to win with such inconsistent play from them. Actually, our whole team has been painfully inconsistent. Vs. the western conference teams, our cold streaks will kill us. Gotta find a way to avoid the long droughts we go through...and I think Hedo and Dwight have to be the drought-killers. Hedo by going to the hoop, and Dwight by getting the ball down low and scoring.

Iron24th
05-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Great win Magic,one more to go to eliminate those arrogants and overrated cavs.

PennyMy#1
05-27-2009, 05:08 AM
Yeah Baby. THAT is what WE are talking about !
GO MAGIC ! We beat 'em. :dance:

I really like the improvement of Pietrus. He's shooting great, gives good D and is just a huge factor off the bench. I'll give him lifetime credit for his playoff performances for us. What a great guy ! You have to love him !

Alston came out big, Dwight with big night ... have you seen the atmosphere in the Waterhouse ? Man ... I wish I would be in O-Town ...

I BELIEVE !

PennyMy#1
05-27-2009, 05:11 AM
If Hedo and Shard play 40 minutes of basketball, and not like 10, we'll win tonight. We're lucky (not really, because the Cavs haven't been given us much of a challenge) that we've been able to win with such inconsistent play from them. Actually, our whole team has been painfully inconsistent. Vs. the western conference teams, our cold streaks will kill us. Gotta find a way to avoid the long droughts we go through...and I think Hedo and Dwight have to be the drought-killers. Hedo by going to the hoop, and Dwight by getting the ball down low and scoring.

Yep, I have to agree ... the cold-streaks scare me. They really do, but ... I'm not sure if we can do anything against them. SVG could let them play like they do, because we have success ...

EX-TREME
05-27-2009, 09:19 AM
1 win then we are in the finals.

Raoul Duke
05-27-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm a Pistons fan, but it sure is nice watching Cleveland get slapped around by a team that is actually that, a team, and not just one guy.

MagicBucsSox
05-27-2009, 11:49 AM
1 win then we are in the finals.

treme man, i remember the days it was 7 of us in this forum, me,sup12,penny,snakes, u, nore,macc, and a hand full of others.............now this forum is rockin. im even notice people in here i never seen before with magic sigs and avatars

sNaKeS
05-27-2009, 12:25 PM
treme man, i remember the days it was 7 of us in this forum, me,sup12,penny,snakes, u, nore,macc, and a hand full of others.............now this forum is rockin. im even notice people in here i never seen before with magic sigs and avatars

I know this is great. This is what winning does for a franchise. I don't know if they are bandwagon jumpers or long time fans but I don't care. Being a dallas cowboy fan during football season, you can't get a word in edgewise in that forum with so many people in there but it's great to see so many fans and I hope the magic get a lot more people like that if they go all the way. It's still a long way to go and the way this series and this post season is shaping up, one more shot that comes down to the buzzer and I may have a heart attack and this forum loses someone. I like orlando's chances this year more than I did when penny and shaq took this team to the finals and I have a feeling it's going to be a magical year. GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also, I'm loving the sidney crosby sig. HAHA! It is his and malkin's year to shed some of that "potential" and make it "reality".

ManRam
05-27-2009, 08:04 PM

I remember the days there were 3 of us. Me, Melky, and Gdubz. I miss Reezy too. When Lewis was signed, I was talking to SI, Lakers fans and a few Magic fans who never posted over 100 times here. Everyone who signed up and posted in the introduction thread would disappear a week later. Half the reason why I stopped posting here (besides having literally no time) was because this forums would go days without a single post. Now, this forum is bumpin. I agree with snakes...I love it. Now I dont have to go to that-site-that-must-not-be-named to get a little bit of my Magic fix.

I think any and all bandwagon activity for the Magic is a big plus.

MAC10TIZZY
05-27-2009, 11:11 PM

cool guys thanks for forgetting about me :-(

EX-TREME
05-28-2009, 09:21 AM

Maybe bandwagons fans? :shrug:

I remember the days there were 3 of us. Me, Melky, and Gdubz. I miss Reezy too. When Lewis was signed, I was talking to SI, Lakers fans and a few Magic fans who never posted over 100 times here. Everyone who signed up and posted in the introduction thread would disappear a week later. Half the reason why I stopped posting here (besides having literally no time) was because this forums would go days without a single post. Now, this forum is bumpin. I agree with snakes...I love it. Now I dont have to go to that-site-that-must-not-be-named to get a little bit of my Magic fix.

I think any and all bandwagon activity for the Magic is a big plus.

reezy were the first to welcome me to psd :cry: :( :sigh: :sad2:

Sandman
05-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Bandwagons are always a plus.

They catch flak because of the water-cooler guy that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Teams build their fanbase when they win.

MagicBucsSox
05-28-2009, 11:37 AM
cool guys thanks for forgetting about me :-(

lol dude we didnt

MagicDojo
05-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I sure hope we just keep up the great play and wrap this up in Clevland tonight. Not that I am negative but I have been a fan since day one with the Magic and a season ticket holder for 5 seasons now and I have seen the Magic go stone cold sometimes. Hell even against Philly and Boston some this post season. The shots that have fallen for Rashard with the game clock under 15 seconds have been fantastic but if those miss... we are down 3-1. And over 99 games this season I have seen plenty of those clank off the rim for losses. I used to moan a little bit about his contract but these playoffs have convinced me otherwise. I hope he goes to the rim tonight like he did in Boston. I do not want to see 38 3's jacked tonight.
I have posted in the Orlando sentinel forums for years but am happy to find a new home at prosports daily. I have come here for articles for a couple years but just joined the forums. I have told all my buds too. GO MAGIC!!! finish this!

jimbobjarree
05-28-2009, 08:04 PM
lets go Magicccc

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Its alright. Its better to celebrate at home anyways. take it from the Celtics lol

sNaKeS
05-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I guess the refs didn't want the magic to win it in cleveland, too much heart break for the fans to endure. Honestly, a "clear path foul" and "stepping over the line to inbound the ball"? Who makes those calls? Don't worry magic fans, they will not make 9 three pointers next game and no way the magic give up over 110 points again. Lets finish them off at home.

Iron24th
05-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah Magic in 6 like I predicted,but this is near from a must win,cause if Magic lose,the cavs will have some fire in game 7 after down 1-3.

ManRam
05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
I guess the refs didn't want the magic to win it in cleveland, too much heart break for the fans to endure. Honestly, a "clear path foul" and "stepping over the line to inbound the ball"? Who makes those calls? Don't worry magic fans, they will not make 9 three pointers next game and no way the magic give up over 110 points again. Lets finish them off at home.

You can't deny that Hedo was inbounds when he passed the ball. You can't deny that Rafer was very close to being behind LeBron. Both weren't bad calls. I see clear path called a lot. Not the inbounds call, but that was blatant. If that's the best you can come up with as to why Cleveland won, you're crazy. The officiating was absolutely fine last night. Best officiated game since game 2 (both games we lost).

But you're right, they wont shoot that well again. Shard wont shoot that poorly again. Rafer wont go 1-10, maybe 3-10, but anything is better for him. Our defense will be ready. SVG has been a defensive genius these playoffs. We can't afford those cold streaks I keep talking about. The whole first quarter was a cold streak. Much of the 4th was a cold streak. Sooner or later they're going to come back to haunt us. Need to find a way to score some buckets when we are struggling.

We'll get them tomorrow. :pray:

ManRam
05-29-2009, 11:40 AM
And Stan needs to go with the no-point guard look a lot more than he did last game. That's when we're the best. Let Hedo handle the ball with Lee, Pietrus, Shard and Dwight out there...especially when Rafer struggles.

sNaKeS
05-29-2009, 12:30 PM
You can't deny that Hedo was inbounds when he passed the ball. You can't deny that Rafer was very close to being behind LeBron. Both weren't bad calls. I see clear path called a lot. Not the inbounds call, but that was blatant. If that's the best you can come up with as to why Cleveland won, you're crazy. The officiating was absolutely fine last night. Best officiated game since game 2 (both games we lost).

But you're right, they wont shoot that well again. Shard wont shoot that poorly again. Rafer wont go 1-10, maybe 3-10, but anything is better for him. Our defense will be ready. SVG has been a defensive genius these playoffs. We can't afford those cold streaks I keep talking about. The whole first quarter was a cold streak. Much of the 4th was a cold streak. Sooner or later they're going to come back to haunt us. Need to find a way to score some buckets when we are struggling.

We'll get them tomorrow. :pray:

I should have pointed out the free throw disparity also. Not because orlando shot more free throws, the fact that they missed something like 12 or 13 free throws and howard missed like 4 or 5 of them. Lewis missed 2, turk missed a couple, that should have been the game changer right there. Make free throws and play better defense and orlando wins this game.

sNaKeS
05-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Quick note, accuscore on espn.com has orlando as a 58% favorite in tomorrow night's game. Yesterday's game in cleveland had cleveland as the favorite by 78%.

cle12152433
05-29-2009, 02:26 PM
You guys should check out my post in the other thread......

Orlando's 3 keys to success are (IMO)

Keeping Dwight out of foul trouble
Stopping Cleveland from shooting so well again
Rafer taking better shots (or at least making the shots he takes).....

After Cleveland's performance in G4, Home Court advantage doesnt do much for the Magic.

ManRam
05-29-2009, 02:48 PM
You guys should check out my post in the other thread......

Orlando's 3 keys to success are (IMO)

Keeping Dwight out of foul trouble
Stopping Cleveland from shooting so well again
Rafer taking better shots (or at least making the shots he takes).....

After Cleveland's performance in G4, Home Court advantage doesnt do much for the Magic.

I disagree...with the second two. I kind of agree with the first.

Cleveland's shooters aren't going to shoot 50% from three again. There's nothing we can do about that. We have got to play them the same way we have all series. It's worked 4 times out of 5. Unfortunately, they were on fire last night. I doubt they can keep that up for two more games.

Rafer is our 6th best scoring option. He needs to take better shots...sure, but he's not going to be the reason we win or lose. He's not that important.

Rashard is that important. He had a bad game. He and Hedo need to play good basketball for all 4 quarters, not just one, like they have all series long. As they go, the whole team goes.

And the defense needs to step it up again. Too many wide open dunks and layups. Poor transition defense. Too many mental errors. Howard left his man open a few times. The guards left their men to help on LeBron too much. We got to let LeBron try and beat us from the perimeter, and not let him get to the hoop. If we force Cleveland into a jump shooting team...we'll win.

And free throws. We gotta make them...plain and simple.

ragee
05-30-2009, 12:00 AM
The Lakers has beaten the Nuggets... I hope we could do the same tomorrow...:D

Iron24th
05-30-2009, 01:32 AM
OK guys we're already in NBA Finals,I hope you'll eliminate the cavs tonight,L.A-Orlando will be a much better Finals than L.A-Cleveland,you has beaten us twice on regular season,we wanna revenge lol.

Hope you clinch it tonight,I love and respect your team.

Good luck Magic fans.

ragee
05-30-2009, 03:22 AM
OK guys we're already in NBA Finals,I hope you'll eliminate the cavs tonight,L.A-Orlando will be a much better Finals than L.A-Cleveland,you has beaten us twice on regular season,we wanna revenge lol.

Hope you clinch it tonight,I love and respect your team.

Good luck Magic fans.

Thanks!!! If I were a Laker fan though, I'd be rooting for the Cavs... Didn't you guys whooped them in the regular season? Magic vs Lakers would sure be one hell of a series!!!

Iron24th
05-30-2009, 05:56 AM
Thanks!!! If I were a Laker fan though, I'd be rooting for the Cavs... Didn't you guys whooped them in the regular season? Magic vs Lakers would sure be one hell of a series!!!

Right,like you we matchup pretty well against them,and you probably give us some matchups problems that cleveland can't give,so,I should root for the cavs,but not,whatever I don't want them.

I want you,cause I really like your team,D12 and Rashard are one of my favorites players,I love and respect all your organisation.

That's why it will probably be one hell of a series,probably going to 7.

And to be honest I'm not sure who will win,you're really dangerous.

Iron24th
05-30-2009, 06:00 AM
Plus I can't stand all this Lebron stuff anymore,he's one hell of a player,but the media have done too much BS about him like he's God,this is not his year,his year will come,but not yet.

rapjuicer06
05-30-2009, 08:43 AM
his year will come when they get a dominant post player. idc what anyone says gasol can dominate a game. and he's what is helping kobe to maybe another championship run. you need a post player to win the championship it seems, at least to me

sNaKeS
05-30-2009, 10:11 AM
No worrying about the lakers, no worrying about kobe-lebron puppets, no worrying about conspiracy theories, lets come out and focus on the cavaliers and end this series tonight!!!!!!!!!! GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ragee
05-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Right,like you we matchup pretty well against them,and you probably give us some matchups problems that cleveland can't give,so,I should root for the cavs,but not,whatever I don't want them.

I want you,cause I really like your team,D12 and Rashard are one of my favorites players,I love and respect all your organisation.

That's why it will probably be one hell of a series,probably going to 7.

And to be honest I'm not sure who will win,you're really dangerous.

You are my favorite Laker fan! LOL... Hahaha... Well, I do think this will be a good series... As much as I want the Magic to win and as much as I hate the Lakers(even if I live in LA lol), it is just plain homerism if I say the Magic will own you guys... Well, let's wish we can close this out today then so we can see the series we want to see...

Oh and yeah, I am sick and tired of the Lebron hype too... Yes, he is a very good and special player but what their giving is too much!:puke:

Iron24th
05-31-2009, 04:36 AM
You are my favorite Laker fan! LOL... Hahaha... Well, I do think this will be a good series... As much as I want the Magic to win and as much as I hate the Lakers(even if I live in LA lol), it is just plain homerism if I say the Magic will own you guys... Well, let's wish we can close this out today then so we can see the series we want to see...

Oh and yeah, I am sick and tired of the Lebron hype too... Yes, he is a very good and special player but what their giving is too much!:puke:

:hi5: