PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Nuggets-Lakers series?

NYKnickFanatic
05-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Im taking the Nuggets in 6.

nygiants242
05-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Lakers in 5. Hands down. Put me in your sig if you think I'm crazy.

KeithLBC
05-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Lakers in 7. I think it's going to be a tough series.

Draco
05-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Not sure how the series will go but I'm rooting for the Nugs. Beat LA!

More-Than-Most
05-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Defense wins championships and that is the thing the lakers lack. They squeaked by an injured rockets team and wont be so lucky with the nuggets. Denver in 6

NYKnickFanatic
Lakers in 7. I think it's going to be a tough series.

Yeah, its definitely going to be a tough, but great series.

I actually think it will go 7 games, now that I really think about it.

But its not a definite win for the Lakers.

Game_Over
I got Nuggs in 6

NYKnickFanatic
05-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Lakers in 5. Hands down. Put me in your sig if you think I'm crazy.

Lol, Lakers in 5? That definitely is crazy.

Lakers4ItAll
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Lakers in 5 or 6 mainly because Denver has nobody that can guard Kobe

Lakers4ItAll
05-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Whats crazy is I knew you were gonna be voting for DEN as soon as I opened this because you listed DEN 1st in your poll

Lol, Lakers in 5? That definitely is crazy.

td0tsfinest
05-17-2009, 09:37 PM

Maybe its not about guarding Kobe. He's going to get his points regardless but its the other guys around him, that denver maybe able to lockdown.

Don't underestimate Denver's defense, they have become a really good defensive team.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Denver in 6

They are on fire

rapswin98
05-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Lakers in 6 or 5 at the least

rapswin98
05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
i think that long break will hurt the nuggets the first couple games

NYKnickFanatic
05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Whats crazy is I knew you were gonna be voting for DEN as soon as I opened this because you listed DEN 1st in your poll

Oh really? So its not because I wrote "Im taking the Nuggets in 6"?

aWiLL 20
05-17-2009, 09:49 PM
nuggets in 6...lake show doesnt play enough D...plus denver is too hot at home...

JordansBulls
05-17-2009, 09:54 PM
The road team taking game 1 is what makes the series interesting.

KiLLA RAiDER
05-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Lakers in 6. We finally get back on track and play each game like we did today.

Gibby23
05-17-2009, 09:56 PM
nuggets in 6...lake show doesnt play enough D...plus denver is too hot at home...

To win they have to beat the Lake Show in LA and I don't think it happens. I don't see LA losing a home game and I think Denver is due to lose a home game. Ill go Lakers in 6. Nene and Martin struggle guarding bigger men and Bynum and Gasol are both bigger. Nene didn't have to really guard anyone the first 2 rounds now Bynum, Gasol, and Odom will make him work a bit harder on D and he can't cheat off his man this series becahse he isn't guarding Dampier or Chandler. Denver has nobody that can gusrd Kobe. The Lakers have trouble with small quick PG's but should be able to match up with Billups.

lakers4sho
05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Lakers in 7

ZAY zILLIONZ
05-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Melo will carry his team past the lakers. If they struggled against a broken down rockets team what will they do against a scorching nuggets team? I say Melo is the only player who can intimidate Lebron in a series because bron will try too hard (not that he tries at all it just happens) but melo was snubbed out of the rookie of the Year which they should have shared (Melo averaged more points,rebounds and his team improved to over 40 wins) Lebron's rookie year? team jus missed the playoffs in the EAST!! Melo has always been downplayed against Lebron he's jus as valuable to Denver as LeBron is to Cleveland.. Kobe will try but it jus wont be enough....Not taking from his legacy nd skill

MJ-BULLS
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
this is going to be a physical series and real good, the nuggets have a advantage in the pg position with billups, but if the lakers pg can play good farmar and brown i think they can win it but if not the nuggets in 7

NBA_Starter
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Nuggets in 7.

king4day
05-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Denver has the advantage with PG, SF, and Center (Nene is more valuable than Bynum right now).
If they can contain the role players, then Denver will win. Otherwise it'll be similar to this one.

I do expect closer games however.

sciferguy
05-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Nuggets in 6....the lakers were supposed to rid of the rockets in 5 so how can they rid the nuggets in 5 or 6 who are playing CONSISTENTLY great basketball offensively and defensively in the playoffs.

jbeezy
05-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Lakers sweep just like last season except we have Bynum.

Er1c
05-17-2009, 10:46 PM
lakers in 5

LakersOrNothing
05-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Lakers in 5.

Game 1: Lakers - 117 - 107
Game 2: Lakers - 102 - 98
Game 3: Nuggets - 91 - 109
Game 4: Lakers - 98 - 96 (OT)
Game 5: Lakers - 107 - 103

That's what i'm praying for. But will it happen? LOL probably not :P

Gibby23
05-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Denver has the advantage with PG, SF, and Center (Nene is more valuable than Bynum right now).
If they can contain the role players, then Denver will win. Otherwise it'll be similar to this one.

I do expect closer games however.

Not if Gasol plays center and Odom PF. Even Bynum is bigger than Nene and Nene has trouble with bigger guys.

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Lakers sweep just like last season except we have Bynum.

Uh, you are aware that this isn't the Nuggets of last year, right? For once, everyone on that team is healthy and they are playing defense. Billups is a major upgrade over Iverson.

I take the Nuggets in 7.
(JB, spare me the HCA stuff.)

Zetterberg40
05-17-2009, 10:50 PM
I got Denver in 6.

superkegger
05-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm confident in my lakers

Gibby23
05-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Uh, you are aware that this isn't the Nuggets of last year, right? For once, everyone on that team is healthy and they are playing defense. Billups is a major upgrade over Iverson.

I take the Nuggets in 7.
(JB, spare me the HCA stuff.)

Ok why do you say that? The last 8 times the Lakers played Denver, the Lakers beat them 7. 3-1 this season and swept last year in the playoffs and I think the reg season also so that is 11-1 the last 12 meetings. PJ owns Karl.

Angel
05-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Nuggets in 6. They match up very well with the Lakers. Kenyon Martin matches up great with Odom. Nene matches up good with Gasol. Chauncey matches up great with Fisher and Melo matches up great with Ariza. The Nuggets can score with anybody and they have a very good defense this year and match up well against LA so, I think they should win in 6 or 7.

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Ok why do you say that? The last 8 times the Lakers played Denver, the Lakers beat them 7. 3-1 this season and swept last year in the playoffs and I think the reg season also so that is 11-1 the last 12 meetings. PJ owns Karl.
What was the Lakers' season record against the Rockets this year? Didn't they sweep the Rockets? Rockets wound up giving the Lakers a hell of a challenge this postseason. While season records are fairly good indicators of how the postseason games will go, they are not infallible.
Lakers swept a different version of the Nuggets last year. Again, they've adopted a more defensive stance and Billups is leading them places. Anthony has been very impressive this postseason and Birdman is having himself a nice career resurgence. Nene has recovered from his cancer and is fully healthy.Last year's playoffs are completely irrelevant to this year.
You wouldn't be underestimating the Nuggets, would you? So many people underestimated the Rockets.

The Prodigy
05-17-2009, 11:04 PM

The nuggets will win in 6 and they do have somebody to gaurd Kobe, his name is dahanty jones.

The Prodigy
05-17-2009, 11:08 PM
It could really go either way this series but I choose the Nuggets winning it in six or seven. The Nuggets have been the more impressive team and more consistent out of the two, while playing better competition, and correct me if Im wrong but still havent lost at home (or even had a close game.) Im not even sure if I can say the Lakers are even the more talented team anymore.

Gibby23
05-17-2009, 11:08 PM
What was the Lakers' season record against the Rockets this year? Didn't they sweep the Rockets? Rockets wound up giving the Lakers a hell of a challenge this postseason. While season records are fairly good indicators of how the postseason games will go, they are not infallible.
Lakers swept a different version of the Nuggets last year. Again, they've adopted a more defensive stance and Billups is leading them places. Anthony has been very impressive this postseason and Birdman is having himself a nice career resurgence. Nene has recovered from his cancer and is fully healthy.Last year's playoffs are completely irrelevant to this year.
You wouldn't be underestimating the Nuggets, would you? So many people underestimated the Rockets.

Nope, just know my team will win. Who is your team? Im pretty sure you haven't watched the Lakers as much as I have so you really don't know what kind of team they are and are jus judging based on the Rockets series. The Rockets gave us trouble because the have a small PG who is fast and get'sto the hole. The Buggets don't have that.

Gibby23
05-17-2009, 11:10 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
The nuggets will win in 6 and they do have somebody to gaurd Kobe, his name is dahanty jones.

The Prodigy
05-17-2009, 11:18 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Would you have laughed before the Nuggets-Hornets series if I said that about him guarding Chris Paul.

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Nope, just know my team will win. Who is your team? Im pretty sure you haven't watched the Lakers as much as I have so you really don't know what kind of team they are and are jus judging based on the Rockets series. The Rockets gave us trouble because the have a small PG who is fast and get'sto the hole. The Buggets don't have that.

I've seen quite a bit of the Lakers-that includes games other than the Rockets series. But no, I don't live in California(obviously) or make it a priority to watch all Lakers games on TNT/ESPN so my knowledge of them isn't as vast as yours is. I just don't think the Lakers winning is as clear cut as some believe. But you are fan of theirs, and fans do believe their team will win it all...unless you are a fan of the Clips,Kings, Knicks,etc...
Oh-my teams are Spurs and Mavs (yeah,I know)

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Would you have laughed before the Nuggets-Hornets series if I said that about him guarding Chris Paul.

His defense on Chris Paul was really remarkable. Completely frustrated him in every way. But he can't start talking trash to Kobe-that is generally a catalyst.

ManRam
05-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Nuggets. Mentally tougher, physically tougher, just as explosive offensively, better defensively. Kobe is truly going to have to play his best basketball if they have a chance. If Bynum is struggling vs. 6-6 centers on the Rockets, I can only imagine what Nene, Anderson and Kenyon are going to do vs. him, and a soft Pau Gasol. Too tough up front, amazing back court (Billups is the best leader in basketball, Dahntay's defense is shut-down and JR is an explosive scorer), and Carmelo is going to prove he's the best scorer in the NBA.

Nuggets in 6. They'll win one on the road, and we all know the Lakers struggle on the road.

downsos
05-17-2009, 11:25 PM
nuggs in 6. They're a significantly better team with Chancey

The Prodigy
05-17-2009, 11:26 PM
His defense on Chris Paul was really remarkable. Completely frustrated him in every way. But he can't start talking trash to Kobe-that is generally a catalyst.

Even if Jones doesnt do well against Kobe, all they have to do is stop Gasol and either Bynum or Odom. If I was the Nuggets Im fine if Kobe gets 50(as long as they make him earn everyone of them) as long as those other players play below their regular standards and the Nuggets win.