PDA

View Full Version : Top ten players for the next decade

dsickich123
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
who do you guys think will be the top ten dominant players in the next decade...
(not the best players now...but the best for the entire next ten years)
I tihnk that it would go...
(NO ORDER)

Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Deron wILLIAMS
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy
Russell Westbrook

Honorable Mentions: Andrew Bynum, OJ Mayo, Rajon Rondo, Danny Granger, Al Jefferson.

madiaz3
05-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Same list as yours but replace Westbrook (who atm shoots under 40% on a bad team) with Rondo who's averaging 17/10/10 for the playoffs.

skoobiesnax69
05-17-2009, 01:03 PM
westbrook?, i think brook lopez has a better chance than westbrook.

Ollie Tabooger
05-17-2009, 01:06 PM
aaron brooks and brandon jennings will surprise ppl and be right up there

madiaz3
05-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Also, replace Wade with Carmelo Anthony!
Think 10 years from now...

Wade will be 29 halfway through the last season of this decade!
Melo is only 24.

MPScribbles
05-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Think you forgot Melo. I'm a Bulls fan and don't like Melo much but you can't put guys like bosh, rondo, granger etc. in front of a guy who is going off in the playoffs while taking his team handily to the WCF and is just as young as Bron, CP3, or Wade

EX-TREME
05-17-2009, 01:09 PM
pretty much agree with your list except for the westbrook part. he will be a good player but top 10??

MPScribbles
05-17-2009, 01:10 PM

You're joking right? Those guys may be much better than anyone ever expected but the top 10 players in the league?

dsickich123
05-17-2009, 01:16 PM
yeah... I was stretchin it on the westbrook..
he is just one of my favorite players so i had to throw him on...
I do believe he is near that though....
but probably more around 10th-20th

what are your lists?

Driven
05-17-2009, 01:22 PM
There is no way Aaron Brooks will be anywhere close to that list.

ManRam
05-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Brandon Roy
Dwayne Wade (older than the rest.
Player not yet in league
Player not yet in league

I think those 8 will still be the cream of the crop in 10 years...besides those 8, I'm pretty sure over the next 10 years players will come in who are better. Chris Bosh would be the next on my list, but I don't think he's a superstar...and I'm sure in 10 years, he wont be a top 10 player. He'll be close...but not top 10.

Driven
05-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Howard, Rose, LeBron, CP3, Wade and Melo are absolute musts on that list.

Roy probably is as well.

Driven
05-17-2009, 01:26 PM

Melo is only 24.
Wade is 2 years and four months older than Carmelo. Not much of a difference.

Jabears85
05-17-2009, 01:31 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Kevin Durant
6. Chris Paul
7. Rajon Rando
8. Chris Bosh
9. Deron Williams
10. Brandon Roy

Honorable Mentions: Tony Parker, Joe Johnson, Devin Harris, LaMarcus Aldridge,

If they can stay healthy: Al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger

Skys the limit: Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Brook Lopez, Micheal Beasley

Bucsfan
05-17-2009, 01:36 PM
nobody really wants to give deron williams some love huh?

I agree on most of them, but russell westbrook? he will be really good but better than dwill? im not so sure about that

shonk688
05-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Brandon Roy
Dwayne Wade (older than the rest.
Player not yet in league
Player not yet in league

I think those 8 will still be the cream of the crop in 10 years...besides those 8, I'm pretty sure over the next 10 years players will come in who are better. Chris Bosh would be the next on my list, but I don't think he's a superstar...and I'm sure in 10 years, he wont be a top 10 player. He'll be close...but not top 10.

Danny Granger and Deron Williams

BullsFan_1
05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
It's scary to think how good Durant is going to be 3-4 years from now.

zambo4president
05-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Rose is gonna be out of this world.

The Prodigy
05-17-2009, 04:44 PM
1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Melo
4.Paul
5.Howard
6.Durant
7.Williams
8.Rose
9.Roy
10.Granger

Probably not entirely correct but I did this in a hurry

madiaz3
05-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Wade's athletic style is going to be hit harder and earlier with age than Melo.

You really expect "Flash" to be playing the same drive in reckless sacrifice his body style upwards of age 36?

Hellcrooner
05-17-2009, 05:01 PM
if somebody had open a similar post in 2001 they would have not included Lebron Jame for example .

Half of all those names wont be top 10 for the decade.

Some of them will go down by injury or bad behaviour like Hardaway, G Hill, S Kemp Vin baker etc etc.

and you ahve to count that at least TWO or THREE out of the players in the next 2/3 drafts WILL crack that ( Rubio, Wall, Jennings, Henry.....whoever).

uncblue2332
05-17-2009, 05:04 PM

Melo is only 24.

Melo is a whole 2 years younger than dwayne wade. OHH GOD!!!!

not the 5 years you claim...and by the way dwayne is ten times better then melo cause he can score just as good if not better than melo and plays the best defense in the league...he should have won the DPOY award if not for Howard's freak season

mrblisterdundee
05-17-2009, 05:33 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Chris Paul
3. Dwight Howard
4. Kevin Durant
5. Derrick Rose
6. Brandon Roy
7. Derron Williams
8. Dwayne Wade
9. Carmello Anthony
10. Rajon Rondo

Wade will physically break down within the coming decade.

Kings Faithful
05-17-2009, 05:39 PM
I still don't see why anyone would give honorable mentions to Bynum...yes he is good and young but he will never be consistently "dominant".

Ovratd1up
05-17-2009, 05:41 PM
If you only look at players currently in the league, it should be something like this...
(Keep in mind this is how they will be during the next ten years)

1. Lebron James
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Chris Paul
4. Derick Rose
5. Kevin Durant
6. Dwight Howard
7. Brandon Roy
8. Deron Williams
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Al Jefferson?

But if you look at the best players in ten years (2019) currently in the league it could be something like...

1. Lebron James
2. Derick Rose
3. Kevin Durant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Brandon Roy
Those are the only ones that will still be COMPLETE Studs. Others will still be there, but not as good. Those guys will still be All-NBA worthy, especially the Top 5.
I considered their ages, obviously. I only kept Lebron at One at age 34 because it is my personal theory that LeBron does not and will not age.

Derick713
05-17-2009, 06:50 PM
FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS

1.)LeBron James
2.)Dwight Howard
3.)Kevin Durant
4.)Brandon Roy
5.)Chris Paul
6.)Carmello Anthony
7.)Deron Williams
8.)LaMarcus Aldridge
9.)Chris Bosh
10.)Danny Granger

Al Jefferson could be in Aldridge's spot if people don't want to have two players from the same team on the list.

Deezy Dee 24
05-17-2009, 07:06 PM
oj mayo

Hawkeye15
05-17-2009, 07:08 PM
if somebody had open a similar post in 2001 they would have not included Lebron Jame for example .

Half of all those names wont be top 10 for the decade.

Some of them will go down by injury or bad behaviour like Hardaway, G Hill, S Kemp Vin baker etc etc.

and you ahve to count that at least TWO or THREE out of the players in the next 2/3 drafts WILL crack that ( Rubio, Wall, Jennings, Henry.....whoever).

1000000% correct. This is a pointless thread, sorry.

sportsjust4fun
05-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Wade?? kind of surprised considering Kobe is only 30. He's only a year older on a better team..Basically telling us that as long as the Lakers keep their core together, we have a dynasty that might surpass the Great Lakers team in the 80's and the early 2000. I see the Lakers doing a run of 3-5 championships with this group. You have to consider that Kobe is not going to play as much nor does he have to carry the load. As you all witnessed, Kobe only scored like 14 points in game 7 and pretty much sat out the entire 4th quarter. Give me a great. Lebron is Lebron, a special player. You can't compare him to Jordan, Kobe, or any of the other greats that played before him. Kobe is my favorite and will always be. However, Lebron James is a freak of nature...His size and skill set is by far greater than anyone out there at this moment. The only difference between Kobe and Lebron is that James is a better skilled player overall due to his size and strength...But Kobe has the "IT" FACTOR. He was born to win. He has that desire like Jordan, Magic, Worthy, Kareem, and other great players....He just has it. Perfect example was last summer in the Olympics. Kobe was the leader of a team filled with great players(Melo, Wade, James, and etc) He took over...Kobe is a born leader, champion, and just has "IT". Offensively, Kobe is the best player by far right now...No one can guard him. He's unstoppable. He is the hardest working player who practices religiously to become even better than he is now..There was once a comparison from Kobe to Jordan...Now, there is no comparison. Kobe created his own legacy just like Jordan and all of the other great players who played before us...Lebron will do the same. As for everyone else on the list, i just don't see any players who just has "IT". They are all great, dominant players but they dont have the "IT" factor...

sportsjust4fun
05-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Take that back....Chris Paul, and Derrick Rose are special players...

Aapox
05-17-2009, 07:42 PM
and plays the best defense in the league

*laugh*

b_rad23
05-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Wade?? kind of surprised considering Kobe is only 30. He's only a year older on a better team..Basically telling us that as long as the Lakers keep their core together, we have a dynasty that might surpass the Great Lakers team in the 80's and the early 2000. I see the Lakers doing a run of 3-5 championships with this group. You have to consider that Kobe is not going to play as much nor does he have to carry the load. As you all witnessed, Kobe only scored like 14 points in game 7 and pretty much sat out the entire 4th quarter. Give me a great. Lebron is Lebron, a special player. You can't compare him to Jordan, Kobe, or any of the other greats that played before him. Kobe is my favorite and will always be. However, Lebron James is a freak of nature...His size and skill set is by far greater than anyone out there at this moment. The only difference between Kobe and Lebron is that James is a better skilled player overall due to his size and strength...But Kobe has the "IT" FACTOR. He was born to win. He has that desire like Jordan, Magic, Worthy, Kareem, and other great players....He just has it. Perfect example was last summer in the Olympics. Kobe was the leader of a team filled with great players(Melo, Wade, James, and etc) He took over...Kobe is a born leader, champion, and just has "IT". Offensively, Kobe is the best player by far right now...No one can guard him. He's unstoppable. He is the hardest working player who practices religiously to become even better than he is now..There was once a comparison from Kobe to Jordan...Now, there is no comparison. Kobe created his own legacy just like Jordan and all of the other great players who played before us...Lebron will do the same. As for everyone else on the list, i just don't see any players who just has "IT". They are all great, dominant players but they dont have the "IT" factor...

There are a lot of issues with this. Kobe may have been the leader but Dwyane was easily the best player and in less minutes.

As for the age thing you said in the begining, Wade is close to 4 years younger than Kobe, sorry. He's 27 not 29. He was born in '82, Kobe in '78.

Get a grip with Wade's age, his jumper has gotten better every year and even at this point of his career, is much more of a midrange jumpshooter than this "reckless slasher" that he is labeled as.

GSW fan
05-17-2009, 07:57 PM
LeBron
CP3
D12
D-Will
Melo
Wade
John Wall
Durant
Rose
Mayo

HM:Lopez, Jefferson, Griffin, Anthony Randolph

Kidd>>>K-Mart
05-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Devin Harris.

madiaz3
05-17-2009, 08:11 PM

not the 5 years you claim...and by the way dwayne is ten times better then melo cause he can score just as good if not better than melo and plays the best defense in the league...he should have won the DPOY award if not for Howard's freak season

I never said he was 5 years older, you would only get that impression if you didn't read carefully. Expect Wade to age like T-Mac while Melo will age like Paul Pierce.

AccUrSeD
05-17-2009, 08:14 PM
LeBron
CP3
D12
D-Will
Melo
Wade
John Wall
Durant
Rose
Mayo

you forgot Roy.

GiantMetKnick
05-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Ricky Rubio anyone?

nothappyinut
05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by sportsjust4fun
Wade?? kind of surprised considering Kobe is only 30. He's only a year older on a better team"

That is the stupidest thing I've read. Why the hell would you say wade is 29 without actually seeing if he was 29. You are a complete tool

bleedo
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
how is eric gordon not on this list

Lakergirl24
05-17-2009, 10:46 PM
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anothony
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
chris bosh
Dwayne Wade

IndyRealist
05-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Danny Granger
Al Jefferson
Tony Parker

I left off rookies because there's no telling if they're going to get to a franchise player level, but those include: Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon.

I would not build a team around Rajon Rondo, he's good but I still don't think he's better than Tony Parker. The same goes for Carmelo Anthony.

I tried really hard to get Kevin Martin in, but just couldn't bump anyone.

sciferguy
05-17-2009, 10:59 PM
i think Bynum needs to be off the honorable mention list. He hasn't done anything to be mentioned as honorable....Hopeful maybe...honorable not yet

I also don't think Wade has the health to last the rest of the decade.

MJ-BULLS
05-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Derrick Rose
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Brandon Roy
Chris Bosh

D rose will be the best PG in the near future with paul being the second best PG :)

what54!?
05-17-2009, 11:03 PM
not a lot of love for PF's I see....

sciferguy
05-17-2009, 11:12 PM

I mean I know your a laker fan but seriously. 3-5 championships??? Lakers and your boy kobe had a hard enough time beating a depleted team with no stars. They have to compete with the Celtics for the next 3 years. The Cavs for as long as Lebron is there. Then to whatever team he goes to. The blazers for the next 5-6 years at least, and New Orleans if they can continue to keep it together. Thats just reaching for the stars especially since there might be good reason to believe that kobe and some other players won't be in L.A. if they don't win this year and not winning seems to be the case more than winning at this moment.

And yes Kobe and M.J. don't compare because Michael Jordan won 6 championships. Shaq won 3 in L.A. with kobe on the side. Kobe can't win championships. He's a great scorer but he is not complete. Hell Lebron is more complete than kobe. And thats why Lebron will win his team a trophy or 2 at least but not kobe

AIverson
05-17-2009, 11:43 PM
1.)Lebron
2.)CP3
3.)Howard
4.)Deron Williams
5.)Amare
6.)Al Jefferson
7.)Devin Harris
8.)Carmelo
9.)Kevin Durant
10.)Derick Rose

There should be some players that aren't in the league yet that will be better than guy's on the list. My list is for active players.

phlp_bj
05-17-2009, 11:45 PM
blake griffin. you watch

Johann
05-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Same list as yours but replace Westbrook (who atm shoots under 40% on a bad team) with Rondo who's averaging 17/10/10 for the playoffs.

averaged..:p jokes...tough loss tho

Baller1
05-18-2009, 12:58 AM
1.)Lebron
2.)CP3
3.)Howard
4.)Deron Williams
5.)Amare
6.)Al Jefferson
7.)Devin Harris
8.)Carmelo
9.)Kevin Durant
10.)Derick Rose

There should be some players that aren't in the league yet that will be better than guy's on the list. My list is for active players.

There's no way Durant is #9.

AIverson
05-18-2009, 01:32 AM
There's no way Durant is #9.

You think I have him too high?

Durant is very good IMO. I have a lot of faith in him becoming a great player. Once he bulks up some, he's going to be great! He already has the talent. He can only get better. :cool:

Ovratd1up
05-18-2009, 01:33 AM

OMG. OMFG.

1) Wade carried his talantless Heat farther than Kobe ever carried his mediocre Lakers. Oh, and when he won with Shaq, he actually won Finals MVP, something Kobe never did.
Oh, and Wade is 26.
2) Lol at 3-5 Championships. You almost got beat by a Houston team with no T-Mac or Yao. How do you think you will do against Denver? Boston when they get KG back? Oh yeah, and who's that guy on the Cleveland team or whatever...
3) Oh yeah that guy. The kid that's like 24 and in a position to exceed Jordan's 5 MVP's and maybe even 6 Rings? Oh, he won't be a great. He just doesn't have the desire to win. Just like a couple years back when he scored like 28 points in 5 minutes to carry his Cavs to the East Finals, and single-handedly carried his team to the Finals at 22? He'll just be mediocre.
4) Kobe the leader of that Olympics team? Wrong. Wade was the leader of that team, and Bron was second in line. If Kobe led that team they wouldn't have won it all (when was the last time that happened?)
5) If before Kobe<Jordan, and now he doesn't, it can only mean two things. One, Kobe=Jordan. Nice one. Or two, Kobe>Jordan. I think you're on to something...

Go to a gay club in L.A. where you discuss your love for different Lakers players and people like me aren't allowed, DIPSHlT.

*Nothing against gay people.

Ovratd1up
05-18-2009, 01:40 AM

OMG. OMFG.

1) Wade carried his talantless Heat farther than Kobe ever carried his mediocre Lakers. Oh, and when he won with Shaq, he actually won Finals MVP, something Kobe never did.
Oh, and Wade is 27, basically 4 years younger than Kobe.
2) Lol at 3-5 Championships. You almost got beat by a Houston team with no T-Mac or Yao. How do you think you will do against Denver? Boston when they get KG back? Oh yeah, and who's that guy on the Cleveland team or whatever...
3) Oh yeah that guy. The kid that's like 24 and in a position to exceed Jordan's 5 MVP's and maybe even 6 Rings? Oh, he won't be a great. He just doesn't have the desire to win. Just like a couple years back when he scored like 28 points in 5 minutes to carry his Cavs to the East Finals, and single-handedly carried his team to the Finals at 22? He'll just be mediocre.
4) Kobe the leader of that Olympics team? Wrong. Wade was the leader of that team, and Bron was second in line. If Kobe led that team they wouldn't have won it all (when was the last time that happened?)
5) If before Kobe<Jordan, and now he doesn't, it can only mean two things. One, Kobe=Jordan. Nice one. Or two, Kobe>Jordan. I think you're on to something...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Bosh over Melo??

your on crack, jack.

Derick713
05-18-2009, 02:06 AM
FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS

1.)LeBron James
2.)Dwight Howard
3.)Kevin Durant
4.)Brandon Roy
5.)Chris Paul
6.)Carmelo Anthony
7.)Deron Williams
8.)LaMarcus Aldridge
9.)Chris Bosh
10.)Danny Granger

Al Jefferson could be in Aldridge's spot if people don't want to have two players from the same team on the list.

BigEric
05-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Danny Granger
Al Jefferson
Tony Parker

I left off rookies because there's no telling if they're going to get to a franchise player level, but those include: Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon.

I would not build a team around Rajon Rondo, he's good but I still don't think he's better than Tony Parker. The same goes for Carmelo Anthony.

I tried really hard to get Kevin Martin in, but just couldn't bump anyone.

Thanks, I was looking for his name throughout the thread. Hey that's what makes him underrated, still.

Can we make a thread that doesn't consist of, basically, "Say Lebron, Howard, Wade, Paul, Roy, and Durant, for anything that has to do with being the best at anything for the next 10 years." Injuries occur, some players play for that monster contract, not saying any of these WILL but it can happen. Let's just wait, don't jump the gun and say who's going to be what, because none of us know. You guys are assuming. It's all opinionated. I can say Kevin Martin, it would be a homer's choice, but it isn't wrong.

AIverson
05-18-2009, 02:38 AM
Kevin Martin needs to work on his mid-range game.

Dude can play some ball, though.

Bulls_fan90
05-18-2009, 05:12 AM

Brandon Jennings :laugh:

I'd replace him with John Wall.

Mckphins
05-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Derrick Rose
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Brandon Roy
Chris Bosh

D rose will be the best PG in the near future with paul being the second best PG :)

sorry but no, rose will be great, but paul will be elite. Possibly best pg ever!

Mr.ATLHawks
05-18-2009, 08:18 AM

Ummm I think Lebron finished second..

L.A. NINJA
05-18-2009, 08:21 AM
1.Lebron James
2.Dwight Howard
3.O.J. Mayo
4.Kevin Durant
5.Chris Paul
6.Derrick Rose
7.Kevin Love
8.Chris Bosh
9.Russell Westbrook
10.Shannon Brown

cvburg
05-18-2009, 08:47 AM
1. Mike James
2. Mike James
3. Mike James
4. Mike James
5. Mike James
6. Mike James
7. Mike James
8. Mike James
9. Mike James
10. Mike James

sorry had too love the jokes haha

atl_braves_fan
05-18-2009, 09:06 AM
10.Shannon Brown

That must be some kind of a joke. He is barely a top 10 player on the Lakers.

Baller1
05-18-2009, 10:00 AM
You think I have him too high?

Durant is very good IMO. I have a lot of faith in him becoming a great player. Once he bulks up some, he's going to be great! He already has the talent. He can only get better. :cool:

No, I think he's too low. He's going to be in the same breath as Lebron and Wade for the next 10 years.

ballbrains
05-18-2009, 10:05 AM
I still don't understand how Westbrook is over melo n bynum n mayo

b_russ
05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
That must be some kind of a joke. He is barely a top 10 player on the Lakers.

Isn't that great! And here I still thought that Farmar was going to become a top 5 PG, but I guess somehow he has now shocked the world by not living up to his amazing potential; now Brown has that wonderful promise deeded to him. Being one of Kobe's bailout options sure does go along way.

cmacmath
05-18-2009, 10:22 AM
All you Rondo lovers...lets see him without Pierce, Allen, Garnett...Trade him and Rose before the playoffs start and the Celtics win in 4

BoratSagdiyev
05-18-2009, 10:58 AM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight Howard
3. Kevin Durant
4. Derrick Rose
5. Brandon Roy
6. Chris Paul
7. Deron Williams
8. Melo
9. Rajon Rondo
10. Danny Granger

mavwar53
05-18-2009, 11:02 AM
One player not on anyones list Anthony Randolph, everyone is picking stars that are stars now, this guy will show next year why he is gonna be not a top 10 player but a top 5 player, he was the youngest player last year and played very well in the time he had. He blocks shots like the birdman, and will have a better offense than KG, and most of all he wants to be great badly, call me a homer but we GSW fans have seen this guy in all of his games he is going to be great. Also I'm not just picking the complete obvious, who doesn't think that lebron rose and howard will all be great the next 10 years.

azkarraga
05-18-2009, 11:03 AM
rondo? top ten? lol

skinsfan4life80
05-18-2009, 12:43 PM
No love for Mike Beasley anywhere? Yall just dont know

what54!?
05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
No love for Mike Beasley anywhere? Yall just dont knowthey'll find out in due time

PhxOakFan3220
05-18-2009, 12:55 PM
are you people serious no amare stoudemire? wow

MJ-BULLS
05-18-2009, 01:02 PM
sorry but no, rose will be great, but paul will be elite. Possibly best pg ever!

yeah right, :rolleyes: as i always say Derrick Rose is the lebron james of PG, he is freaken athletic super fast, and he took the bulls to the playoffs, not saying paul isnt great if fact he's my fav second PG

theuuord
05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey guys, ten years ago, would ANY of those players have been on your list?

Just saying.

what54!?
05-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey guys, ten years ago, would ANY of those players have been on your list?

Just saying.no becuase none of them would have been in the leauge.....

$ NyC $
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
no becuase none of them would have been in the leauge.....

hahaha that was funny.

Great answer 2 a "Great" Question!!

theuuord
05-18-2009, 01:46 PM
no becuase none of them would have been in the leauge.....

........i hope you're not that dense.

that's my point.

in ten years the league will have cycled again, and some 14 year old right now will be heading these lists.

since the average nba career is less than ten years (although stars stick around longer), chances are for the next ten years a good chunk of the most dominant players haven't entered the league yet.

what54!?
05-18-2009, 01:48 PM
........i hope you're not that dense.

that's my point.

in ten years the league will have cycled again, and some 14 year old right now will be heading these lists.

since the average nba career is less than ten years (although stars stick around longer), chances are for the next ten years a good chunk of the most dominant players haven't entered the league yet.
I'm not. just wasting time and tryna get a laugh.

PhillyDominance
05-18-2009, 01:58 PM
No particular order:

LeBron James
Dwayne Wade
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Brandon Roy
Josh Smith
Amare Stoudemire

montazingmvp
05-18-2009, 05:03 PM
anthony randolph will be a top 10 player...just watch

yanksknicksgmen
05-18-2009, 05:08 PM
1. Lebron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Kevin Durant
6. Chris Paul
7. Chris Bosh
8. Deron Williams
9. Blake Griffin
10. Brandon Roy

JordansBulls
05-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Dwyane Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Chris Bosh
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy

Master Mind
05-18-2009, 06:23 PM
For some reason I feel Rudy Gay will become an all-star....

PhillyDominance
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
For some reason I feel Rudy Gay will become an all-star....

Because he without a doubt will be. I think he's got the talent to be a perennial all-star along with O.J. Mayo

kobe24>lebron23
05-19-2009, 12:01 AM
if andrew bynum can stay healthy he'll be in the top 5 for sure!!

THE MTL
05-19-2009, 12:31 AM
1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Chris Paul
4. Dwight Howard
5. Derrick Rose

These five guys will still be the Top Tier in the next decade.

THE MTL
05-19-2009, 12:37 AM
who do you guys think will be the top ten dominant players in the next decade...
(NO ORDER)

Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Deron wILLIAMS
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy
Russell Westbrook

Honorable Mentions: Andrew Bynum, OJ Mayo, Rajon Rondo, Danny Granger, Al Jefferson.

Howard, Rose, LeBron, CP3, Wade and Melo are absolute musts on that list.

Roy probably is as well.

1. Lebron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Carmelo Anthony
5. Kevin Durant
6. Chris Paul
7. Rajon Rando
8. Chris Bosh
9. Deron Williams
10. Brandon Roy

Honorable Mentions: Tony Parker, Joe Johnson, Devin Harris, LaMarcus Aldridge,

If they can stay healthy: Al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger

Skys the limit: Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Brook Lopez, Micheal Beasley

1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Melo
4.Paul
5.Howard
6.Durant
7.Williams
8.Rose
9.Roy
10.Granger

Probably not entirely correct but I did this in a hurry

LeBron
CP3
D12
D-Will
Melo
Wade
John Wall
Durant
Rose
Mayo

LeBron James
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant
Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anothony
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
chris bosh
Dwayne Wade

DWAYNE WADE is 27 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell is he going to be a Top 10 player in the NBA in the next decade when in 5 years he will be 32!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

fresh prince
05-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Based on what we know now The official list goes:

1. Lebron
2. Dwight Howard
3. Chris Paul
4. Brandon Roy
5. Kevin Durant
6. Melo
7. Kobe Bryant (still has 7 - 8 years left) Ill take him at 35 or 36 over a lot of dudes
8. Dwayne Wade
9. Andrew Bynum
10. OJ Mayo

HONARABLE MENTION: Eric Gordon, Amare, Danny Granger , Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose

* It's inevitable that a handful of great players come along and destroys the league

THE MTL
05-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Based on what we know now The official list goes:

1. Lebron
2. Dwight Howard
3. Chris Paul
4. Brandon Roy
5. Kevin Durant
6. Melo
7. Kobe Bryant (still has 7 - 8 years left) Ill take him at 35 or 36 over a lot of dudes
8. Dwayne Wade
9. Andrew Bynum
10. OJ Mayo

HONARABLE MENTION: Eric Gordon, Amare, Danny Granger , Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose

* It's inevitable that a handful of great players come along and destroys the league

Kobe is gone in 5 years. He doesnt have 7-8 years left playing at such a high level. And most franchise players retire as soon they the high level of play wears off.

fresh prince
05-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Kobe is gone in 5 years. He doesnt have 7-8 years left playing at such a high level. And most franchise players retire as soon they the high level of play wears off.

Should I take the over or under tmrw then Nostradamus?

Kobe has said for a while now that he plans to play until 38. So that's 8 more years.. Of which for 5-6 of those years he will still be a top 5 player in the game.

Its basically like how Shaq would certainly make the top 10 players from 2000 - 2010 team even though his play has dropped off for the last several years.

I can't see KObe not being amongst the top 10 best from 2009 -2019

Considering that From 2009 - 2014 he should still be in the conversation as one of the top 5 players in the game

Ovratd1up
05-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Lebron James, Chris Paul, Derick Rose, Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant, *Dwayne Wade, **Kobe Bryant, ***Brandon Roy, Deron Williams, Carmelo Anthony

Top Tier for another decade.
Top 7 2-3 years from now.
*Will still be top tier in 5 years, but not so much a decade.
**Has half a foot out of the super- elite door
***Will replace Kobe, though will never be as good.
Not Top Tier yet, but could enter it in near future.

Unruly Fan
05-19-2009, 01:36 AM
(NO ORDER)

Lebron James
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Deron wILLIAMS
Chris Bosh
Brandon Roy
Russell Westbrook

LeBron
Paul
Wade
Howard
Roy
DWill
Bosh
Melo
Durant
Granger

Honorable mentions: Rose, Rondo, Harris

montazingmvp
05-19-2009, 02:38 AM
everybody forgot about monta ellis so quick...people were high on this guy, but then he got injured....i think he has the potential to be top 10 caliber player...he's only 23 and when he came back he had some pretty incredible games...

like a 44 11 and 9 game...of course nobody heard about it because he plays for the warriors...lol