PDA

View Full Version : Best Home Court Advantage in Sports

surf and turf
05-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Goes to the Boston Celtics. Im not sure anyone is even close. I would say the Old Veterans Stadium where the Eagles used to play but they choked so many times there that i cant do that. The Garden is second to none. Its where the immpossible happens...and happens...and happens. Take game 5 in 87, the Bird Steal. Prior to that game they won 91 out of 95 games over a two and a half year span. Thats crazy. And the Garden refused to let them lose that night. Sure they can lose tonight they are not the better team but it wouldnt change the fact that no team in all of sports has ever enjoyed such a advantage when playing at home. In the eighties it seemed like evry year they would win 20 in a row at home, lose a game then win 20 more. Iv only had the pleasure of going there once in 86 for a Playoff game but ill never forget it. When i watch that 87 game 5 the look on Waltons face after the Bird steal says it all....never doubt the Garden.

surf and turf
05-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Sure it didnt hurt to have Bird who at the time was the greatest basketball player ever born. But he is part of the Garden Lure as well. He was destined to play there. Could you imagine him playing anywhere else. Its almost like he was the bastard child of the Garden,born down in the bowls of the Leprechaun s layer.

SidTheKid
05-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Cameron Indoor Stadium.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-17-2009, 10:16 AM
remember Pierce's put back on his free throw in game 7 vs lebron. there was definetly something good goin on there.

king4day
05-17-2009, 10:19 AM
You could then make the same argument for the Yankees cuz they won 26 rings.
I'd go with best Home advantage this decade.
The Jazz probably are tops here. They are unreal at home.
In the past, Arco and Oracle are great.

KB24PG16
05-17-2009, 10:37 AM
boston is good at home but there fans dont get as loud as utahs though

JordansBulls
05-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Goes to the Boston Celtics. Im not sure anyone is even close. I would say the Old Veterans Stadium where the Eagles used to play but they choked so many times there that i cant do that. The Garden is second to none. Its where the immpossible happens...and happens...and happens. Take game 5 in 87, the Bird Steal. Prior to that game they won 91 out of 95 games over a two and a half year span. Thats crazy. And the Garden refused to let them lose that night. Sure they can lose tonight they are not the better team but it wouldnt change the fact that no team in all of sports has ever enjoyed such a advantage when playing at home. In the eighties it seemed like evry year they would win 20 in a row at home, lose a game then win 20 more. Iv only had the pleasure of going there once in 86 for a Playoff game but ill never forget it. When i watch that 87 game 5 the look on Waltons face after the Bird steal says it all....never doubt the Garden.

I would say the Bulls. Since 1983 the Bulls only lost one series with HCA and that was in 2005. Every other team in the league has lost multiple times of teams that are regularly in the playoffs.

Sly Guy
05-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Cameron Indoor Stadium.

tell that to the kings of cameron, UNC!

superkegger
05-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Denver teams have a nice advantage of playing in that thin mountain air.