PDA

View Full Version : If Denver had played San Antonio

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 02:47 AM
This is just a hypothetical question, of course, but I was wondering:
How do you think a fully healthy Spurs team would have fared in a series with the current Nuggets team?

DerekRE_3
05-17-2009, 02:52 AM
Healthy? Sure. I still think the Nuggets would win though.

Game_Over
05-17-2009, 02:55 AM
I actually was hoping the spurs would have beat Dallas just for some payback!! Of course we would beat the Spurs dumb post!!

GspLAL
05-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Dont think Spurs are a good matchup for Nuggets. Tony P is way too quick for the aging Billups, Duncan is too big and skilled in the post. Bowen can probably contain Melo, and they play great team defense and are good at slowing down the pace. Also, didn't Spurs average the least amount of turnovers? That would also hurt Nuggets cuz they feed off of them.

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 02:59 AM
I actually was hoping the spurs would have beat Dallas just for some payback!! Of course we would beat the Spurs dumb post!!

Classy. Are you positive that it would have been that easy? After all, this is a scenario where both Manu and Tim would be healthy.

Zetterberg40
05-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Healthy Spurs beat them IMO I do however think the Nuggets stand a good chance of beating LA. But Cleveland is taking the Championship I do believe Lebron is just playing on a mission and wont be denied

Game_Over
05-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Classy. Are you positive that it would have been that easy? After all, this is a scenario where both Manu and Tim would be healthy.

Last year I would have never posted a thread saying ohh if Nene would have been there or two years ago Nene and Martin what would have been.. We beat you in the regular season and I know you guys gave us a game by benching some starters.. Fact is looking at Houston this year come on one guy goes down and you think that was the cause of you being this bad.. Fact is even with Flopper I still think Dallas beats you but just my opinion..

Game_Over
05-17-2009, 03:15 AM
Classy. .

Well I don't think this post is "Classy" I never took away what SA has done in the past so don't try and say the Nuggets don't belong!! We earned this and we have had our share of injuries in the past so get over your what ifs and think about next year!

Philly Hammer
05-17-2009, 03:23 AM
Classy. Are you positive that it would have been that easy? After all, this is a scenario where both Manu and Tim would be healthy.And the nuggets still would whip you,:D

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Game Over-
I think you are seriously misinterpreting the question and taking it as a personal insult. I haven't made any excuses for the Spurs performances this year and I don't think it is absurd to ask a "What if" question. If you'd posted a hypothetical question last season about what could have been for the Nuggets, I'm pretty sure no one would have gotten offended by it.
I don't recall saying the Nuggets don't belong among the elite or anything remotely implying that so I'm not sure where you're getting that. The Nuggets are an excellent team and I was just interested in seeing what other posters thought-since that is the point of the forum. I am not taking anything away from what the Nuggets have done.The Spurs when fully healthy can be quite formidable and they did beat the Nuggets this year as well. God ****ing forbid I ask a hypothetical question, I guess.

Game_Over
05-17-2009, 03:36 AM
Game Over-
I think you are seriously misinterpreting the question and taking it as a personal insult. I haven't made any excuses for the Spurs performances this year and I don't think it is absurd to ask a "What if" question. If you'd posted a hypothetical question last season about what could have been for the Nuggets, I'm pretty sure no one would have gotten offended by it.
I don't recall saying the Nuggets don't belong among the elite or anything remotely implying that so I'm not sure where you're getting that. The Nuggets are an excellent team and I was just interested in seeing what other posters thought-since that is the point of the forum. I am not taking anything away from what the Nuggets have done.The Spurs when fully healthy can be quite formidable and they did beat the Nuggets this year as well. God ****ing forbid I ask a hypothetical question, I guess.
Ok so Hypothetically speaking we still beat the Spurs, we are on fire now and I think we have the better team but like I said before these "What If" threads suck cause Houston could have a ton of "what ifs" and they aren't they are just playing!! Sorry I don't mean to sound mean but for once the Nuggs do great and I am not letting nothing take that away!!

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 03:50 AM
Ok so Hypothetically speaking we still beat the Spurs, we are on fire now and I think we have the better team but like I said before these "What If" threads suck cause Houston could have a ton of "what ifs" and they aren't they are just playing!! Sorry I don't mean to sound mean but for once the Nuggs do great and I am not letting nothing take that away!!

A What If question thread isn't making excuses for the team's failures. It is actually just a question. Nothing more, nothing less.
As for the Nuggets, I'm glad they're doing great and I wasn't attempting to take anything away from you. I'm looking forward to seeing them play the Lakers or Rockets, should be a battle.

JayW_1023
05-17-2009, 06:18 AM
A healthy Spurs team would be right there in the end...problem is we ran out of gas in the regular season.

The spanking we gave a healthy Boston team on the road earlier in the regular season proved that when healthy the Spurs are still elite.

Denver sure as heck wouldn't've beaten the 2007 Spurs...but a healthy Spurs team this year...I believe they really could have.

JayW_1023
05-17-2009, 06:18 AM
double post

NoSense
05-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Given the mindset these Nuggets are in, I would bet on a 7 game series and a Nuggets win, but tough call for sure.
(if the Spurs were healthy).

JordansBulls
05-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Well the Spurs were the Nuggets poison.

Joshtd1
05-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Dont think Spurs are a good matchup for Nuggets. Tony P is way too quick for the aging Billups, Duncan is too big and skilled in the post. Bowen can probably contain Melo, and they play great team defense and are good at slowing down the pace. Also, didn't Spurs average the least amount of turnovers? That would also hurt Nuggets cuz they feed off of them.

Agreed. Dallas was a terrible matchup for us (with a healthy Manu and TD) regardless, and they always seem to give us fits. Not saying the Spurs would win, but I think we would give them a series because I believe we match up better with them.

bahama0811
05-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Nuggets FTW!!! I do think it would be a good series though. Had the Spurs not sat their big 3 that game against the Nuggs than maybe we would've been able to see.

hotpotato1092
05-17-2009, 02:31 PM
With Manu? Only the Lakers could take down the Spurs with Manu. Of course, it seems like Manu's never healthy any more so it's almost irrelevant.

IversonIsKrazy
05-17-2009, 06:14 PM
HEALTHY spurs would beat them in 6.

superkegger
05-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I'd take a healthy spurs over the nuggets.

Lakersfan2483
05-17-2009, 06:34 PM
A fully healthy Spurs squad would have given the Nuggets a lot of trouble, especially Manu and Tony Parker on the perimeter. If the Spurs were healthy, I think they would have beaten Denver.

IU Hoosiers 3
05-17-2009, 07:02 PM
maybe the q should be..what if the ref called that foul on antoine wright before melo drained that last second 3..i think the spurs run is over.

gauth25
05-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Healthy Spurs beat them IMO I do however think the Nuggets stand a good chance of beating LA. But Cleveland is taking the Championship I do believe Lebron is just playing on a mission and wont be denied

Denver is in for a rough series because this series with the Rockets woke the Lakers up and showed them they can't just turn it on when they want to. Bynum showed some resurgence today and Cleveland will have a tough time with either team.

Chronz
05-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Spurs in 6

goku
05-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Denver is in for a rough series because this series with the Rockets woke the Lakers up and showed them they can't just turn it on when they want to. Bynum showed some resurgence today and Cleveland will have a tough time with either team.

bynum did that game 5 too then disappeared game 6 so you cant count on him with consistancy

Joshtd1
05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
maybe the q should be..what if the ref called that foul on antoine wright before melo drained that last second 3..i think the spurs run is over.

Nah we got 1 or 2 more years left. Then it also depends on what we do during the 2010 year since we have alot of cap

king4day
05-18-2009, 03:45 PM
I would have rooted for Denver, but I think the Spurs take this to game 7 and maybe even win it. If fully healthy, they are a real problem.

king4day
05-18-2009, 03:47 PM

Did it really though?
I thought the same thing when they won by 40, but then they threw up a stinker.
Since the Nuggets are a faster paced team than the Rockets, it plays more to LA's liking. I expect LA to be a lot more competitive in this one.