PDA

View Full Version : Another Rockets-Lakers thread: Draws biggest TV audience EVER!!!

Reyes6
05-15-2009, 08:24 PM
ESPN-
Posted May 15 2009 6:46PM

(AP) -- Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinal series between the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets was the most watched basketball game ever on ESPN.

The Rockets' 95-80 victory on Thursday drew 7.35 million viewers, topping the 6.6 million that watched Miami beat Detroit in Game 6 of the 2006 Eastern Conference finals.

The game earned a 5.4 national rating and a 16.0 rating in Houston, ESPN's highest local rating for an NBA telecast. ESPN's audience for its six conference semifinal games is up 16 percent from last year.

The rating is the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program, while the share is the percentage of all TVs in use at the time.

Looks like game 7 will draw even more on ABC, it'll be like Rocky vs Ivan Drago. Except Russia is L.A. and Apollo Creed didn't have to die in order for it to happen!:clap:

Vinny642
05-15-2009, 08:29 PM
hahaa wazzzzaaaaaaap man, yea this game gonna be great

superkegger
05-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Interesting. The ratings for both of Sundays game should be pretty decent.

tr4shb0t
05-15-2009, 08:32 PM
so the horrific officiating was no accident? real shocker!

Vinny642
05-15-2009, 08:33 PM
u lakers fans are gonna watch right?

Reyes6
05-15-2009, 08:38 PM
not tr4shbot, he has to be somewhere complaining about something. Chill man, Hayes has been called for a lot of ridiculous fouls... Refs aren't very good, we know that. Let's just hope for a great game Sunday. Although I think they should have saved Lakers-Rockets for last and put Magic-Celtics first. Just sayin'... :).

tr4shb0t
05-15-2009, 08:45 PM
not tr4shbot, he has to be somewhere complaining about something. Chill man, Hayes has been called for a lot of ridiculous fouls... Refs aren't very good, we know that. Let's just hope for a great game Sunday. Although I think they should have saved Lakers-Rockets for last and put Magic-Celtics first. Just sayin'... :).

dude chill, I'm not complaining. Just saying that we know how the NBA works and if they have to throw a game here or there to force it to some more games they will and do, especially with two big teams. It's old news, and they let the better team win in the end.

Reyes6
05-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Are you implying the Rockets? Because I am blushing.

still1ballin
05-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Lakers always gives high ratings.

ManRam
05-15-2009, 08:58 PM
dude chill, I'm not complaining. Just saying that we know how the NBA works and if they have to throw a game here or there to force it to some more games they will and do, especially with two big teams. It's old news, and they let the better team win in the end.

Yeah. Last night's game was fixed. Sure...

The refs were the reason the Lakers shot 36% and 22% from three.

Not to mention the glaring difference between fouls and FTs taken...oh wait...there was none.

Waa waa waaa...your team lost. Got embarassed again by a team with more heart. :cry::cry::cry: It's gotta be the refs.

Laughable.

cubfan23
05-15-2009, 09:04 PM
it wasn't EVER!!!! it was highest of all time for an ESPN game.

tr4shb0t
05-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Not to mention the glaring difference between fouls and FTs taken...oh wait...there was none.

Waa waa waaa...your team lost. Got embarassed again by a team with more heart. :cry::cry::cry: It's gotta be the refs.

Laughable.

I didn't mention anything about last nights game, but if you want to go back and look at the amount of contact that was allowed for either team before a foul was called go ahead. Just for your childish post: enjoy you last game of the season.

Reyes6
05-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Cubsfan, it's like a soundbyte, I have the facts... the title is just to lure you in like a beautiful lady luring you in to a trap in which you lose your wallet, sanity, and dignity. AKA a relationship.

FOBolous
05-15-2009, 09:07 PM

LA got called for 22 fould and Houston got called for 20. big conspiracy there :rolleyes:

FOBolous
05-15-2009, 09:08 PM
I didn't mention anything about last nights game, but if you want to go back and look at the amount of contact that was allowed for either team before a foul was called go ahead. Just for your childish post: enjoy you last game of the season.

to everyone but you...you're the childish one here.

FOBolous
05-15-2009, 09:10 PM

Laughable.

:clap:

tr4shb0t is the biggest whiner/cry baby/excuse maker on the board. seriously.

Vinny642
05-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Fixxed lol, im sure Gasol defense was **** on purpose :pity:

tr4shb0t
05-15-2009, 09:24 PM
LA got called for 22 fould and Houston got called for 20. big conspiracy there :rolleyes:

I forgot that the number of fouls called means it was officiated well.

is your boyfriend ok? you can finally talk trash if you have someone to hold your hand huh?

There's no excuses to be made. Rockets season is over. Good job helping stern get richer.

Vinny642
05-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Ur mad because u lost? dude its one game. Im surprised this went to 7 games

Reyes6
05-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Who is Fob's boyfriend btw? Because it seems more like an orgy of people against you than anything. Logic vs Whining... Logic always wins. Pending drugs/amount of whining people.

Kings Faithful
05-15-2009, 09:32 PM
I forgot that the number of fouls called means it was officiated well..

O good, now that you have learned that you can go tell that to the rest of the Lakers fans on this board...because that's pretty much their biggest defense for the 2002 WCF not being rigged...

Aside from that, I think the games have been called excellent so far... yeah, their has been bad calls on both sides and a few WTF? moments...but overall nothing that has really affected the outcome of any of these games. The conspiracy theory crap shouldn't come out when there is a bad call or two in a game... it should start when the tone of a game completely changes in the 4th quarter and phantom fouls start appearing all over the place. Another good sign of game rigging is when the team that it is being rigged against starts literally laughing on the sidelines about how bad the refs are. So far I haven't seen that. Hopefully game 7 isn't a complete blow out and we get to finish this series off right!

montazingmvp
05-16-2009, 12:28 AM
talk about a misleading title...

this wasn't even close to the most watched game ever...

it was for espn, but espn is pretty weak along the lines of drawing huge audiences for sporting events...leave that to abc, bbc...they dominate

championships
05-16-2009, 01:30 AM

I think you Rival him

Laughable.
Issues:crazy:Why so sensitive?:smoking:
Back to the thread: Should be a good game sunday, Probably will be ESPNs new most watched event.

Fool
05-16-2009, 01:41 AM

read the post more carefully. he never said the game was fixed.

Driven
05-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Those dismissing this ratings number... that's fine, since it just applies to ESPN. But the Finals last year drew a 9.3 or so and the year before drew a 6.something. So this is a good sign for the NBA nonetheless.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Those dismissing this ratings number... that's fine, since it just applies to ESPN. But the Finals last year drew a 9.3 or so and the year before drew a 6.something. So this is a good sign for the NBA nonetheless.

the cavs spurs nba finals was TRIPLED in rating by the nfl playoffs. not even the super bowl, the playoffs alone.

thought u might find that interesting.

FOBolous
05-16-2009, 02:44 AM
I think you Rival him

Back to the thread: Should be a good game sunday, Probably will be ESPNs new most watched event.

how? I have NEVER whined or cried or make excuses. we lost we lost. the Lakers were the better team when they won the games they won. no doubt. that's why they won. i have never go around crying about the Rockets losing or go around creating conspiracy theories as to why the Rockets lost. i've talked a lot of crap though...i admit :) i think you got talking crap and whining/crying/making excuses mix up.

FOBolous
05-16-2009, 02:51 AM
Who is Fob's boyfriend btw? Because it seems more like an orgy of people against you than anything. Logic vs Whining... Logic always wins. Pending drugs/amount of whining people.

in tr4shb0t's feeble mind...he thinks the Lakers are the PERFECT team that can do no wrong. If everything was fair and right in the world...LA would be 82-0 right now sweeping every series. The reason why LA is not have the perfect season and perfect playoff is not because the Lakers got out played by the other team THAT game...it's because the games were rigged. The rigging of the games is the only reason why the Lakers lost. Referees are the reason why Kobe played bad in all the games but 2. Referees are the reasons why Gasol is too weak to back Hayes down in the block. Referees are the reason why Aaron Brooks is blows pass Derek Fisher with no problem. Referees are the reason why Houston makes a high % of their 3s in the games that they won. Referees are also the reason why Phil Jackson is getting outcoached by Adleman. Damn the NBA for making the Lakers look bad :mad: dammit Stern. damn YOOOOU!!!!

king4day
05-16-2009, 03:08 AM
At this point, a Denver/Cavs finals would be more competitive than LA.
Too bad the LA game isn't on at night.

Reyes6
05-16-2009, 03:14 AM
I think you Rival him

The game is on ABC.:eyebrow:

ggg
05-16-2009, 04:16 AM
LAMAR ODOM WILL BE GREAT. this is the kind of game he plays best.

Wilson
05-16-2009, 07:26 AM

The Lakers have no-one to blame but themselves for game six...

tr4shb0t
05-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Oh wow, people get their cherries popped way to easily. Read the comments for what they are and no need to put words in my mouth. I'm not going to argue with a bunch of rocket fans.

@FoB, your comments show that you aren't deserving of recognition as a human being. Good day.

WCF23
05-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Wow people really have nothing better to do than watch this crap. Turn on a real game

FOBolous
05-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh wow, people get their cherries popped way to easily. Read the comments for what they are and no need to put words in my mouth. I'm not going to argue with a bunch of rocket fans.

@FoB, your comments show that you aren't deserving of recognition as a human being. Good day.

:laugh:

what? throwing in the white flag already? i exposed your argument as what they are..excuses...and this is the best you can come up with? c'mon. have some confidence in yourself. are you going to run away every time someone comes up with a valid counter points to the arguments you've made?

I'm starting to see a trend here...being denial is a safety blanket you like to run to. When LA loses...you go into denial mode and deny that the Lakers got out played and blamed the refs/stern for the loss. When someone creates very good counter points to your argument, instead of creating counter points to the other people's counter points or instead of admitting that they're right...you say stuff like "oh..you aren't deserving recognition as a human being. have a good day" :laugh: lol...i love you man. you crack me up.

oh and i just want to note...half the people responding to you in this thread aren't Rockets fans :)

Bucsfan
05-16-2009, 11:46 AM
highest rating of a basketball game, the title of this thread is a little misleading, biggest tv audience for a BASKETBALL game

Driven
05-17-2009, 01:34 PM
I think you Rival him

I doubt it gets as high of a rating... It's on at 3:30 on a Sunday.... not exactly prime time.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
05-17-2009, 01:47 PM

lol