PDA

View Full Version : Reasons of why you want the Rockets to Win the Series over the LA Lakers

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
What are Reasons you would you like the Rockets to win this Series against the Lakers?

To me here are a few that came to mind.

1. Rick Adelman will finally have beaten Phil Jackson in a series.
Adelman coached the 1992 Blazers and 2002 Kings, teams that were good enough to win it all and challenged Phil Jackson's teams tremendously. However, Jackson's teams had the best player in the league at the time (MJ and Shaq) and Adelman couldn't overcome that.

2. Upsets are great to see, it goes to show that even a team that is the prohibitive favorite can falter and gives other teams the notion that even if they just make the playoffs they always have a chance to pull the upset.

3. To advance without T-mac and show him the shenanigans he played this year were unacceptable.

4. So that Kobe comes to Bulls next season (maybe he would opt out) :D

Now the upset may not happen, but those are some reasons I thought of of why people would want the Rockets to win.

Draco
05-15-2009, 12:53 PM
If Kobe opts out to play for Greece I'll be happy.. If he opts out to play for the Bull's then not so much.

I'd like to see the Rockets win the series because they deserve to win it.

PHX-SOXFAN
05-15-2009, 12:53 PM
I didn't have a preference, until I saw one player acting like a jerk yelling "you can't guard me" and the other team just making shots and winning games with class.

Sport
05-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I like underdogs and it's always refreshing to see new teams in the mix for a title.

carter15
05-15-2009, 01:00 PM
I didn't have a preference, until I saw one player acting like a jerk yelling "you can't guard me" and the other team just making shots and winning games with class.

and you're a celtics fan? :rolleyes:

FOBolous
05-15-2009, 01:06 PM
everyone who wants the Rockets to win are either Kobe haters and Lakers haters :rolleyes:

PHX-SOXFAN
05-15-2009, 01:07 PM
and you're a celtics fan? :rolleyes:

no

Randy West
05-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Just to see a different team in the finals would be one reason.

I usually root for California teams even if it is the lakers.

The only other reasons would be the underdog issue and Aldeman making it into the finals and having a chance at going for a championship.

I really thought the Rockets would crash without Tmac........nice to see he isn;t as much of a factor as people give him credit for

yanksknicksgmen
05-15-2009, 01:16 PM
cause i hate the lakers

Becks2307
05-15-2009, 01:19 PM
If they had Yao I would want them to win...but I dont see them beating Denver without Yao...it kinda takes away from the competition i think

nyyankees09
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
lakers gonna win

JayW_1023
05-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I expect the Lakers to take care of business, but it would be great if Houston somehow pull an upset. It would be a great overall story.

Hellcrooner
KObe opts out , needs a sign and trade that mandatory requieres good playings coming to the lakers.

Lakers go on contending Kobe goes to hell and shows in his new team that he will NEVER win again unless he learns that he cant do it all on his own.

IBleedPurple
-I dislike dynasties, and the Lakers aren't that right now.....but have been, and have won too many championships for my liking

-I dislike Kobe. I respect him immensely as a player, 2nd best in the World at the moment, but I find his personality and actions as abrasive

-I almost always root for the underdogs, which is clearly the Rockets

-Losing both Tmac and Yao while beating the Lakers would be one of the all-time greatest playoff stories.

-I am not a big fan of Fisher or Pau either. Fisher is dirty, and only had the chance to go back to the Lakers due to a sick child. And Pau is talented, but I am just not a fan of his.

-I think it would help the Nuggets' chances of getting to the NBA Finals!!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-15-2009, 01:28 PM
So we can whoop the Rockets.

and i hate kobe

Hellcrooner
05-15-2009, 01:29 PM
^If Houston is able to outgut Lakers waht make syou think they wouldnt outgut you?

_Supreme_
05-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Mainly because they got Pau Gasol in a very suspicious way, and that is the only reason why the are competing at the top again. Secretly paying another team's GM on the side obviously worked great, and the NBA doesn't care because it earns them more $$$ as well.

They do not deserve to win anything while he is on that team. So no, hopefully it will not be rewarded with a title in the end.

Also I don't want the hordes of obnoxious Kobephiles and bandwagon trash to have more stuff to run their mouths about (I'm not talking about the minority of perfectly good Laker fans here. I would be happy for them).

I'm not sure the Rockets will win in LA though, but it would be very nice.

still1ballin
05-15-2009, 01:40 PM
too bad it won't happen

KG2TB
05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
1. I love underdogs and usually always root for them. Also, Houston is one of my favorite teams.

2.. I really dislike Kobe. As a player he's great but this would show he's defiitely not the best player in the league right now. Would be great to hear his post game interview and how he may opt out because he's placing blame on his team rather than himself.

3. To hear T-mac's response on the barrage of questions he gets about the Rockets getting past the first two rounds without him

4. Battier is the man.

jimbobjarree
05-15-2009, 01:44 PM
I'd prefer for them to be crushed in the finals, but it would be good for all their egos and all their fans egos if they lost on Sunday

RaiderFaithful
05-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Phil Jackson is 30-4 in game 7's Lakers will win.

_Supreme_
05-15-2009, 01:47 PM
What will be interesting is the way Kobe Bryant will approach this game.

Will he play the team game, or will he have the urge to be the hero, which can go either way as far as the end result is concerned.

Hellcrooner
05-15-2009, 01:52 PM
^if he commits the mistake of going for the "hero"part we are BOUND TO LOSE THE GAME.

bleedprple&gold
Secretly paying another team's GM on the side obviously worked great, and the NBA doesn't care because it earns them more $$$ as well.

You cannot make outrageous claims like that without proof. That is purely speculation on your part...

mfb_lt1birdman
It would be great for Rockets fans and very cool for a massive underdog to win. Knocking off the much hated Lakers and making their fans, like me, eat crow....how much better could it get?

But realistically these guys, despite their fantastic and courageous play, would be at the end of the road. They wont go any further. I feel it would be a disservice to the Nuggets, possibly the Cavs, and the league, if the best team does not advance. I say best team fully realizing that they are not playing like a good team. The way the Lakers are playing they deserve to think about it all summer long from their couches at home. However I feel the remainder of the playoffs just wont be as exciting or competitive without the Lakers in it.

Frank Costanza
05-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Im in for all of the above jordansbulls except tmac to the bulls(selfish reasons)

TheChosenOne88
05-15-2009, 02:02 PM
too bad it won't happen

Too bad it COULD happen.

I want the Rockets to win because they are the underdog and they did it without TMAC and Yao. If the Lakers lose Sunday that team won't be the same next season. Kobe could opt out and you can bet your *** someone will sign him or he could demand a sign and trade. Odom and Ariza are free agents too, I'm sure Ariza will get a lot of dough this summer.

IRUAM #21
05-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Isn't this baiting ?

LAKERMANIA
05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Reasons why you want Lakers to win

1. Lakers vs. Cavs gets an all time high finals rating (Cavs by themselves will get a high rating, but not as high as Lakers vs. Cavs) And David Stern jizzes in his pants

[/Thread]

I just lost a lot of respect for you JB

superkegger
05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Isn't this baiting ?

of course not. How would a thread where people could express their dislike of the lakers be baiting? silly iruam.

IRUAM #21
05-15-2009, 02:15 PM
of course not. How would a thread where people could express their dislike of the lakers be baiting? silly iruam.

I guess im gonna express my dislike for the Lakers as well :D

Draco
05-15-2009, 02:20 PM
It's not really a thread about hating the Lakers.. Look around the forum, the Rockets have a lot of fans whose primary team to root for isn't the Rockets.

Adande.

Then there was this gem: "You know, we're playing with a couple guys who are injured."

He was speaking of Andrew Bynum, who made it back from a bad knee before the season ended, and Lamar Odom, who's playing with a bruised back. What he failed to mention, of course, were the Rockets injuries.

The comparison doesn't flatter Jackson's squad. It's difficult not to root for the Rockets. They lost Tracy McGrady during the season. They lost Dikembe Mutombo against Portland. Then Yao Ming went down in the third game of this series. Houston shouldn't have won another game. It's as simple as that. But now they've won two.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=ArtestBattier-090512

LAKERMANIA
05-15-2009, 02:21 PM

Its sad, if a Lakers fan opened a thread saying why the Lakers should win the series, it would be closed in a heartbeat

Im a moderator but im ****ing pissed off with the amount of bias towards the Laker fans in here forgetting that there are a lot of smart Laker fans who just want to talk about the series not talk about why the Rockets should win/Lakers should win.

Draco
05-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Its sad, if a Lakers fan opened a thread saying why the Lakers should win the series, it would be closed in a heartbeat

What's sad is seeing half a dozen "I hate KG" threads when everyone knows any "I hate Kobe" thread would be closed in a heartbeat..

LAKERMANIA
05-15-2009, 02:28 PM
What's sad is seeing half a dozen "I hate KG" threads when everyone knows any "I hate Kobe" thread would be closed in a heartbeat..

That is not the point, "I Hate anything" Threads should be closed, but they remain open. Why? Any time a post about the Lakers is up, its closed or moved to the Lakers forum as if its a dumpster.

This thread is a huge example. Why would you want an I Hate Kobe thread to stay up? Why would you want to start a thread about any kind of hate? Where are the old posters of PSD? As a moderator of the NBA forum you should be NEUTRAL, but a certain moderator remains one-sided

Hellcrooner
05-15-2009, 02:30 PM
yeah KObe is offlimits.

It was funny yesterday where everybody was bashing ALL of the laker palyers in Lakers forum ExCETP KOBE

if lakers wins KObe wins if lakers lose the rest of the players lose.

is DISGUSTING

Draco
05-15-2009, 02:33 PM
That is not the point, "I Hate anything" Threads should be closed, but they remain open. Why? Any time a post about the Lakers is up, its closed or moved to the Lakers forum as if its a dumpster.

This thread is a huge example. Why would you want an I Hate Kobe thread to stay up? Why would you want to start a thread about any kind of hate? Where are the old posters of PSD? As a moderator of the NBA forum you should be NEUTRAL, but a certain moderator remains one-sided

I'm not advocating "I hate threads." and I don't consider this thread to be one of them. I think there are a number of threads that end up as "I hate threads" and they remain open because as ink described "we can't close every thread". That's not a problem with the OP, it's a problem with participants

How about Hellcrooner's "Lets say Rockets eliminate lakers" thread.. Isn't he a Laker fan?
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363311

Same deal, it's a topic for discussion. Not a hate thread.

still1ballin
05-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Isn't this baiting ?

You know, I thought the same thing. I was actually going to post that, but I since the creater of the post is JB, and we all know how he is, I was probably going to get an infraction for "disruptive behavior" so I kept quiet.

Draco
05-15-2009, 02:35 PM
yeah KObe is offlimits.

It was funny yesterday where everybody was bashing ALL of the laker palyers in Lakers forum ExCETP KOBE

if lakers wins KObe wins if lakers lose the rest of the players lose.

is DISGUSTING

+1. I think complaints about this thread have more to do with the Lakers having to face a Game 7 than anything else. Which is odd because they should win that game. All of this whining is another reason for me to root for the Rockets.

LAKERMANIA
05-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm not advocating "I hate threads." and I don't consider this thread to be one of them. I think there's a number of threads that end up as "I hate threads" and they remain open because as ink described "we can't close every thread".

How about Hellcrooner's "Lets say Rockets eliminate lakers" thread..
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363311

Same deal, it's a topic for discussion. Not a hate thread.

So if Hellcrooner made "Why it would be best for the NBA if the Rockets lost to the Lakers" would you consider it a hate thread? Would you be upset? I doubt you wouldn't and I would bet on top of that, a thread like that would be moved to the Laker forum and this thread here that we are posting in right now, remains open for all.

That hellcrooner thread in your quote should be closed and to INK's response, we aren't closing every thread, threads like these end up merging and closing anyway, so why not beat them to the punch and close it now?

Raidaz4Life
05-15-2009, 02:37 PM
because the Lakers have the most obnoxious fans ever and the rockets as a team simply want it more than Kobe does by himself.

That being said I am rooting for the Lakers, I'm just not going to be surprised if they lose.

mjt20mik
05-15-2009, 02:41 PM
So if Hellcrooner made "Why it would be best for the NBA if the Rockets lost to the Lakers" would you consider it a hate thread? Would you be upset? I doubt you wouldn't and I would bet on top of that, a thread like that would be moved to the Laker forum and this thread here that we are posting in right now, remains open for all.

That hellcrooner thread in your quote should be closed and to INK's response, we aren't closing every thread, threads like these end up merging and closing anyway, so why not beat them to the punch and close it now?

Professionally speaking, you have a point Lakermania. This thread should be moved to the Rockets forum if anything (although I'm assuming there are already several created).

IRUAM #21
05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
cause i hate the lakers

So we can whoop the Rockets.

and i hate kobe

Mainly because they got Pau Gasol in a very suspicious way, and that is the only reason why the are competing at the top again. Secretly paying another team's GM on the side obviously worked great, and the NBA doesn't care because it earns them more $$$ as well.

They do not deserve to win anything while he is on that team. So no, hopefully it will not be rewarded with a title in the end.

Also I don't want the hordes of obnoxious Kobephiles and bandwagon trash to have more stuff to run their mouths about (I'm not talking about the minority of perfectly good Laker fans here. I would be happy for them).

I'm not sure the Rockets will win in LA though, but it would be very nice.

I'd prefer for them to be crushed in the finals, but it would be good for all their egos and all their fans egos if they lost on Sunday

No hate there.

LAKERMANIA
05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Professionally speaking, you have a point Lakermania. This thread should be moved to the Rockets forum if anything (although I'm assuming there are already several created).

Thank you this thread has a Rockets main point and argues for why the Rockets should win. Therefore it should either be in the Rockets forum or closed before Laker fans come in here and make it worse.

I find it funny how the people who hate Laker fans/Kobe fans/Laker homers make threads like these, and get surprised when Laker fans/Kobe fans/Laker homers come into these threads and start backing the Lakers up. And call them Laker homers because they have a one sided view towards the Lakers. They are LAKER FANS, they are SUPPOSED to have a one sided view towards their team and are SUPPOSED to like Kobe and Phil and whoever else, because they are LAKER FANS.

I understand there are posters that you(not you in particular MJT) dont like because they are too radical, I do too, but if you dont like them Why RILE them up in the first place? It doesn't make any sense

Draco
05-15-2009, 02:46 PM

It probably should be moved but it's not a baiting thread.

Jay22Redd
05-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Im loving it.

Rockets need this series. All the putdowns the Lakers have been giving us over the past few years, all the hardwork and dedication that we put in, the heart that we have, we need to win a series like this. It would boost our franchise tremendously.

theimortalone
05-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Thank you this thread has a Rockets main point and argues for why the Rockets should win. Therefore it should either be in the Rockets forum or closed before Laker fans come in here and make it worse.

I find it funny how the people who hate Laker fans/Kobe fans/Laker homers make threads like these, and get surprised when Laker fans/Kobe fans/Laker homers come into these threads and start backing the Lakers up. And call them Laker homers because they have a one sided view towards the Lakers. They are LAKER FANS, they are SUPPOSED to have a one sided view towards their team and are SUPPOSED to like Kobe and Phil and whoever else, because they are LAKER FANS.

I understand there are posters that you dont like because they are too radical, I do too, but if you dont like them Why RILE them up in the first place? It doesn't make any sense

Why would a mod create a baiting thread? :shrug: JB did create this thread.

LAKERMANIA
05-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Why would a mod create a baiting thread? :shrug: JB did create this thread.

It should at least be moved like i wanted it to be in the last page to the Rockets forum

MJ-BULLS
05-15-2009, 02:53 PM
if the rockets were to win this series it will be a incrediable upset, but even if they lose id say that they still had a great season taking the laker to 7 games :)

Randy West
05-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't know about a baiting thread......I mean someone could as easily start a thread asking for reasons why they would like to see the Rockets eliminated couldn't they?

Like I said I would usually pull for the California team even though I am not a Lakers fan I still like to see California teams do well when playing anyone else.

Without Yao and T Mac it would be quite a feat for the Rockets to win this series.......my like for Adleman and wanting to see him finally win a championship trumps the California team thing for me in this series........I don't know that either team beats Denver in a seven game series........the Lakers winning would make the WCF more competitive games.......the Rockets winning would make it easier for me to bet my money on Denver in the WCF......which is really all that matters to me.....the team I have money on winning.

Heck I live in Sacramento and betted all Lakers in 2002.......they only pushed one game in Sacramento........the rest were wins for the Lakers which meant mo money mo money mo money for Randy West........which imo is what it is all about anyway

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 03:00 PM

So last year when a thread was started regarding do you want the Hawks to beat the Celtics in game 7 it was ok, but because it is the Lakers it is not?

That doesn't make any sense at all. In fact, even in the 1st post it had nothing negative to say. I gave reasons why it would be good. Mainly because of the history of the coaches and also people like cinderella stories.

superkegger
05-15-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't want the Rockets to win.

Ron Artest is a headcase who I do not respect in the least.

Rockets fans love to bait Lakers fans and have done so repeatedly throughout this series.

Thus, I hate the Rockets.

They'd get destroyed by the Nuggets making for a very boring WCF.

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't know about a baiting thread......I mean someone could as easily start a thread asking for reasons why they would like to see the Rockets eliminated couldn't they?

Exactly!! There is a difference between just starting a thread for responses and starting a thread with reasoning behind it.

You can easily start a thread saying why it would be better for the Lakers to win this series over the Rockets because of better ratings down the line and tougher matchups for the good teams. The two top seeds go at it, etc.

But since everyone is getting mad, I'll lock this.