PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson is unbelievable!!!

Rockets4Life
05-15-2009, 09:49 AM
"We're playing with a couple of guys that are injured," Jackson said. "Lamar's out there, half a guy. That's difficult for him."

Don't complain about injuries in the presence of the Rockets. Not when before the game Yao is propping up his injured left foot and eating chicken wings while Dikembe Mutombo limps around on a giant crutch and Tracy McGrady isn't even in the building.

...I can't believe he would say something like this. You don't hear the Rockets making excuses. We are just manning up and playing basketball. We have 3 people that are injured and not playing. 2 Of them are all-stars and 1 is another 7 footer that we could have used to go up against there 7 footers. I hope we beat them in game 7 so the world can get off the lakers d**k.

black1605
05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
i am really impressed with the Rockets,i would have been surprised if they had even been competitive after Yao went down, but the fact that they have won 2 games blows my mind

DJYankee
05-15-2009, 10:05 AM
How you complaining and you still have Kobe in your team. They lost Yao and you don't see the Rockets complaining.

mjt20mik
05-15-2009, 10:08 AM
How you complaining and you still have Kobe in your team. They lost Yao and you don't see the Rockets complaining.

Yao, Mutombo, and Tmac. Sad to see Phil making excuses for a poorly played game.

Punkindrublic03
05-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah I hope the Rockets blast the Lakers on Sunday... that would be great but I wouldn't bet on it... the NBA is a conspiracy and it will be Kobe and Lebron in the Finals. Its all about the money

james21
05-15-2009, 10:11 AM
i agree with you rockets fans, the lakers are a better team period!! they should be blowing you guys out!! there are no excuses to for the lakers!!! if kobe doesn't win right now with this team i'am officially going to start my kobe bryant is overated thread!!!!!
Good luck sunday rockets i hope you guys shock the world!!!!!

Driven
05-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah I hope the Rockets blast the Lakers on Sunday... that would be great but I wouldn't bet on it... the NBA is a conspiracy and it will be Kobe and Lebron in the Finals. Its all about the money
THe finals would probably get better ratings if it's Boston/Lakers again.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
he is no RED.

Rockets4Life
05-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Is phil Jackson actually getting out coached by Rick Adelman?

Rockets4Life
05-15-2009, 10:29 AM
i agree with you rockets fans, the lakers are a better team period!! they should be blowing you guys out!! there are no excuses to for the lakers!!! if kobe doesn't win right now with this team i'am officially going to start my kobe bryant is overated thread!!!!!
Good luck sunday rockets i hope you guys shock the world!!!!!

I totally agree man. But I think we have already shocked the world by taking the Lakers to 7 games. Before the series started laker fans were saying sweep and that was with yao.

Hanzinho
05-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Master Zen????

:laugh:

Young2Kinsler
05-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Jackson has always been a classless douche. This is what I expect from losers like him. He has a holier than thou feel to him, and he's very unlikable. I can't believe I'm doing this for a division rival... GO ROCKETS

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 11:21 AM
I want to see one of the greatest upsets ever on Sunday.

PennyMy#1
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM

Definitely me too.

koreancabbage
05-15-2009, 11:29 AM
not going to happen in LA, sorry.

Exhibit A: houston rockets: these are a bunch of no name guys playing their hearts out. they have a no-lose situation. i respect this kind of basketball and it brings out the best in the game.

Exhibit B: winning in LA is probably one of the hardest things to do for the Rockets- sure they surprised them in game 1 but meh, Lakers have a huge advantage in talent and coaching. wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers blew Houston away again, in LA.

FKD215
05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Typical Lakers and Jackson whining. While they're making excuses, the overmanned Rockets are playing incredibly tough and leaving it all on the floor. Go Rockets!

The Ooh Child
05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure Adande was just quote mining here. Jackson is never appropriately critical of his teams with the media. It still is pretty goofy that he would mention that Odom is injured given the circumstances. No way Rockets take the series

YankeeFan89
05-15-2009, 11:48 AM
typical lakers and jackson whining. While they're making excuses, the overmanned rockets are playing incredibly tough and leaving it all on the floor. Go rockets!

go rockets!

tr4shb0t
05-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Yea he is unbelievable, but because of the rotations he used last night. He insists on keeping Fisher in even though he cannot guard Brooks. I really can't understand because usually he knows when to take a guy out.

lakersrock
05-15-2009, 12:03 PM

Nope. Phil's players just refuse to play with any heart (outside of Kobe).

anpmp
05-15-2009, 12:10 PM

Even though the primary reason the Lakers are losing is due to their lack of heart, I think Phil is getting outcoached. Two reasons:
- Keeping Fisher in the game when he is being both an offensive and defensive liability. Both Farmar and Brown are playing better than him, particularly against Brooks.
- Not calling timeouts when the Rockets go on a run. This Lakers team is not the Bulls team of the 90s nor the Lakers team of '00 - '03. They cannot figure out how to play while on the court.

gauth25
05-15-2009, 12:12 PM
He has no reason to complain but in all honesty I'm sure all Rockets fans are in trouble in game 7 because the Lakers will be one pissed off team and Kobe will not let them lose.

Will that said, I really like how the Rockets are playing, most teams would drop dead after the injuries they've had. Shows they have a great coach and captain and that's something the Lakers lack right now.

dtmagnet
05-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Rockets have impressed me, although I can't see them being competitive with all the inside forces of Denver if they make it past the Lakers.

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM

Lakers are playing with heart, it is just the Rockets are playing with it as well and won't concede to anything.

You know a team can play just as hard as well especially when everyone is doubting them.

Fool
05-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Lakers are playing with heart, it is just the Rockets are playing with it as well and won't concede to anything.

You know a team can play just as hard as well especially when everyone is doubting them.

if you knew the lakers at all you wouldn't say that. the lakers aren't playing with any heart what-so-ever.

this thread disgusts me. I can't wait till Sunday.

Jay22Redd
05-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Nothing to say but....GO ROCKETS!!!

nolin
05-15-2009, 12:40 PM
I would love to see the rockets upset LA as well. there will be alot of changes for LA in the summer. Kobe might opt out and request a trade. come on rockets finish them off.

xDjEpYOnx
05-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Not supporting the Zen Master in any way, but he did say "playing with...", but nonetheless, it was a stupid thing to say.
He should just get up off his damn high chair already and coach this team. During last night's game, i saw him get up once or twice during the 1st half, but after that, he's back on his seat just watching the grass grow...i know d-fish and kobe are the lakers veteran leadership on the court, but sometimes you need a coach to tell what the F you're doing wrong, not just one of your peers.
I don't expect the upset in LA with yao and/or t-mac, so unfortunately, all the people who want the Lakers do go down will be left wanting, even though its clear its if the Lakers do win win this series, its only because houston was without its stars.

Unruly Fan
05-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah I hope the Rockets blast the Lakers on Sunday... that would be great but I wouldn't bet on it... the NBA is a conspiracy and it will be Kobe and Lebron in the Finals. Its all about the moneyIm kind of sick of these statements. Was it a conspiracy when the Cavs and SAS were in the playoff finals 2 years ago? Or for that matter SAS being in the finals in the past few years at all?

Rockets4Life
05-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Not supporting the Zen Master in any way, but he did say "playing with...", but nonetheless, it was a stupid thing to say.
He should just get up off his damn high chair already and coach this team. During last night's game, i saw him get up once or twice during the 1st half, but after that, he's back on his seat just watching the grass grow...i know d-fish and kobe are the lakers veteran leadership on the court, but sometimes you need a coach to tell what the F you're doing wrong, not just one of your peers.
I don't expect the upset in LA with yao and/or t-mac, so unfortunately, all the people who want the Lakers do go down will be left wanting, even though its clear its if the Lakers do win win this series, its only because houston was without its stars.

But if he is going to make an excuse about playing with injured people, why don't you bench him and play someone that is fully healthy like we had to do. I mean why dont you play Josh powell. Even though he doesnt play that much during the playoffs, neither does Chuck Hayes but thats what the playoffs are about. People stepping up when they are needed. Right now no one is stepping up for the Lakers

BenFrank
05-15-2009, 12:58 PM
If this is true.. this guy need's to shut the **** up.. Houston started this series with injuries (T-Mac).. after game 1 there was another injury (Deke).. then after game 3... guess what, another key injury (Yao)! Until Kobe, Gasol, and Odem get injured and can't play.. the injury statement is something he should be avoiding... 1 team has a no excuse attitude, and the other one is just soft

AWC713
05-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Rockets have impressed me, although I can't see them being competitive with all the inside forces of Denver if they make it past the Lakers.

if this series has taught you anything, its that this rockets team can and will find ways to win.

CityofTreez
05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
God, Rockets fans, I love Aaron Brooks. he is one of my favorite players to watch in these playoffs behind Rondo!

This isn't news to me considering Phil Jackson. He is the master of excuses after road losses.

I cannot believe the Lakers have allowed this to go to Game 7. Big ups to battier for hitting huge shots and Luis Scola for outperforming Paul Gasol.

zipsbgsu
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Phil Jackson is a great coach as long as he has is two superstars....Heck I could win with the kind of talent that he has had. Is triangle offence is good only when he again has two great players running it...JORDAN/PIPPEN and SHAQ/KOBE. What has he won without one of those two superstars....Jordan leaves they limp into the layoffs, comes back champs....Shaq leaves no ring....Any coach in the NBA coul have won with the teams that he had. ANYONE of them.

AKA TheMamba
05-15-2009, 01:25 PM
bynum has just been sad, I thought with him the lakers are near unbeatable.... Lakers are always losing to underdog type teams the whole season. Cocky and overconfidence recipe for disaster come post season... Number 8 Kobe, would dismantle this rockets team.. Kobe is going to revert and hit up 40+ pts on sunday.

Cimos21
05-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Phil was just mentioning that Lamar's back is hurt and he is not playing up to his capabilities. It was not an excuse and was taken out of context. Phil never said they lost because Lamar's back was hurt, that's ridiculous. Everyone that's not a Laker fan is a big hater, so I am not surprised by your comments.

As for the Rockets, they seem to play better without individual all stars. With the exception of Game 1, the Rockets play worse with Yao. Oh let's talk about TMac....bring him back...oh wait if TMac was playing the Lakers would be playing against Portland not Houston, because TMac doesnt make it passed the first round.

You think a 40 pt victory to a 17-1 start the next game is anything other than a reflection of the times? Economy is bad. NBA teams are having to cut salaries, they NBA needs more money. Two game 7s, = more money for the NBA and the franchises playing in those games. Don't make me do the math and let you know how much more money is being generated by the NBA, Lakers, and Rockets by having a game on Sunday. I never said the games are fixed, I am just saying times are bad economically and things happen for a reason. I wonder why the Lakers come out with 0 energy until they are down 20, I wonder why Derek Fisher is throwing up bricks and is left in to guard Brooks when Brown and Farmar are twice his speed. Another 30+ point victory tomorrow, as it is the final game and Lakers are "allowed" to play.

bleedprple&gold
05-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Jackson has always been a classless douche. This is what I expect from losers like him.

Did you just call someone with 9 championships a loser :confused:

bleedprple&gold
05-15-2009, 02:06 PM

Gawd can people shut up already with this stupid conspiracy ********. So the only way Kobe and Lebron can get to the finals is because the NBA wants them there...it couldn't possibly be because they have the best teams and earned there way there?? Heck, why doesn't the nba just put the Kobe/Lebron or Lakers/Celtics in the finals every year? Think of all the money they lost by putting the Spurs in the finals all those years?? What was Stern thinking? You should not be allowed to watch the nba anymore and if you truly believe that why would you want to support such an obviously crooked league by watching? And why would you bother spending time posting on these forums?

tr3ymill3r
05-15-2009, 02:11 PM
You also all heard him say that game 6 was just a game, but what I saw in 2 straight posessions was the smallest guy on the court thrown Kobe to the floor and nobody did anything to him, not even get in his face. Then on offense he went down and drove right through Pau Gasol's chest. Goes to prove that the Rockets are much more physical and the Lakers have taken the soft LA persona to heart. The Rockets are going to win this series because out of all the games, game 5 was the fluke game. I just feel for LA fan this offseason when Kobe starts complaining about needing help or wanting out again. We'll still trade TMac for Kobe right? LOL

Cimos21
05-15-2009, 02:20 PM
You're a moron. Everytime the Lakers get the slightest bit physical its a foul. Look at Kobe getting a technical for brushing up against Artest. Oh and btw, Schola sets so many illegal pics and hooks with his left arm every spin move in the post. I cant believe they dont call his left arm hook. He does it everytime.

mjt20mik
05-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Rockets, could you possibly post a link from where you got this quote. I just realized that for all we know, it could be something you made (not saying it is) and all of us are spazzing for no reason.

Frrrrank!!!
05-15-2009, 03:27 PM
lol, that's pretty bad.

Draco
05-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Rockets, could you possibly post a link from where you got this quote. I just realized that for all we know, it could be something you made (not saying it is) and all of us are spazzing for no reason.

Mark Kriegel

The NBA's most prolific author is down to cliches. "Nobody stepped up," he was heard to say late Thursday at the postgame presser televised on NBA TV.

Then there was this gem: "You know, we're playing with a couple guys who are injured."

He was speaking of Andrew Bynum, who made it back from a bad knee before the season ended, and Lamar Odom, who's playing with a bruised back. What he failed to mention, of course, were the Rockets injuries.

The comparison doesn't flatter Jackson's squad. It's difficult not to root for the Rockets. They lost Tracy McGrady during the season. They lost Dikembe Mutombo against Portland. Then Yao Ming went down in the third game of this series. Houston shouldn't have won another game. It's as simple as that. But now they've won two.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9576958/Coach's-Zen-approach-not-helping-Lakers

TEXASTITAN
05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I personally believe that the rockets deserve to win this series more than the lakers from a work and hustle standpoint. But that being said i don't believe the NBA and the officials will let it happen and thats the sad state of basketball. The NBA is money and ratings driven and they won't allow the rockets to win on sunday no matter how much of a feel good story this is.

Reyes6
05-15-2009, 03:55 PM
If this is true.. this guy need's to shut the **** up.. Houston started this series with injuries (T-Mac).. after game 1 there was another injury (Deke).. then after game 3... guess what, another key injury (Yao)! Until Kobe, Gasol, and Odem get injured and can't play.. the injury statement is something he should be avoiding... 1 team has a no excuse attitude, and the other one is just soft

Not to nitpick mate, but Mutombo was out in the Portland Series. So going in they had no Mutombo and no T-Mac, so the game 1 win was even more impressive.

Secondly, to all of you guys saying that these are a bunch of no name guys... so they can't win... When the Rockets went on their 22 game win streak they had no Yao for 13 of the last 22 games and had players like Mike Harris, Loren Woods, and Kirk Snyder. BUT, who was the last team they beat in that win streak... OMG THE LAKERS!?!?!?!

Anyway, the even better story and that is the year that they had so many injuries in 2005-2006 and had to contact the league office asking for a 16 man roster because they had so many injuries, the player they had chosen as their 16th man was a rookie out of Kentucky who was undersized and was told had no offensive game. This player is CHUCK HAYES, the new starting center.

Just too good of a story for them to lose, but either way Good Luck Lakers, it's going to be a great game. I doubt I will sit the whole game.

tr4shb0t
05-15-2009, 04:07 PM
You're a moron. Everytime the Lakers get the slightest bit physical its a foul. Look at Kobe getting a technical for brushing up against Artest. Oh and btw, Schola sets so many illegal pics and hooks with his left arm every spin move in the post. I cant believe they dont call his left arm hook. He does it everytime.

Yep.

This is not new with the NBA...they let the team that deserves the win get it but they might have to have the refs influence a game or two so its extended and the they make more money. Especially with two big name teams.

I don't want to comment on this series particularly, but its been horribly officiated. What do you expect Phil to say?

BenFrank
05-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Not to nitpick mate, but Mutombo was out in the Portland Series. So going in they had no Mutombo and no T-Mac, so the game 1 win was even more impressive.

Secondly, to all of you guys saying that these are a bunch of no name guys... so they can't win... When the Rockets went on their 22 game win streak they had no Yao for 13 of the last 22 games and had players like Mike Harris, Loren Woods, and Kirk Snyder. BUT, who was the last team they beat in that win streak... OMG THE LAKERS!?!?!?!

Anyway, the even better story and that is the year that they had so many injuries in 2005-2006 and had to contact the league office asking for a 16 man roster because they had so many injuries, the player they had chosen as their 16th man was a rookie out of Kentucky who was undersized and was told had no offensive game. This player is CHUCK HAYES, the new starting center.

Just too good of a story for them to lose, but either way Good Luck Lakers, it's going to be a great game. I doubt I will sit the whole game.

U know what.. ur right!!! Deke did go out in Portland, I'm trippin.. I kno the laker's fan's have to be boiling with rage.. getting whopped by a group of roll player's.. so much for bringing out the broom, or winning in 5.. even if houston looses in game 7 it say's a lot about our team, and a lot about the Laker's.. if there is by chance a Kobe vs Lebron matchup.. look for Lebron to get his first ring.. I'm starting to feel like kobe wouldn't have 3 ring's if it wasn't for shaq

Jay22Redd
05-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Phil was just mentioning that Lamar's back is hurt and he is not playing up to his capabilities. It was not an excuse and was taken out of context. Phil never said they lost because Lamar's back was hurt, that's ridiculous. Everyone that's not a Laker fan is a big hater, so I am not surprised by your comments.

As for the Rockets, they seem to play better without individual all stars. With the exception of Game 1, the Rockets play worse with Yao. Oh let's talk about TMac....bring him back...oh wait if TMac was playing the Lakers would be playing against Portland not Houston, because TMac doesnt make it passed the first round.

You think a 40 pt victory to a 17-1 start the next game is anything other than a reflection of the times? Economy is bad. NBA teams are having to cut salaries, they NBA needs more money. Two game 7s, = more money for the NBA and the franchises playing in those games. Don't make me do the math and let you know how much more money is being generated by the NBA, Lakers, and Rockets by having a game on Sunday. I never said the games are fixed, I am just saying times are bad economically and things happen for a reason. I wonder why the Lakers come out with 0 energy until they are down 20, I wonder why Derek Fisher is throwing up bricks and is left in to guard Brooks when Brown and Farmar are twice his speed. Another 30+ point victory tomorrow, as it is the final game and Lakers are "allowed" to play.

:shrug:
:pity:
:down:
:no:

Ironman5219
05-15-2009, 04:45 PM

YES.... Rockets are playing good team ball and Defense, It would be heavenly to see LA get ousted.... then we would really hear the excusses come :)

Lost Art
05-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Phil Jackson is a *******. He needs to wrap up those 9 rings, slap some postage on them, and ship them to MJ, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe...........cause he's the biggest fraud in NBA history

Havoc Wreaker
05-15-2009, 05:00 PM

Lebron vs Kobe is what it's going to be because it's what the NBA wants :shrug:

Havoc Wreaker
05-15-2009, 05:02 PM

Are you serious?

Are you really a Lakers fan complaining about the refs not being good? :laugh:

The_Mac22
05-15-2009, 05:15 PM
im going for the Rocket's now.

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Phil Jackson is a *******. He needs to wrap up those 9 rings, slap some postage on them, and ship them to MJ, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe...........cause he's the biggest fraud in NBA history

:speechless:

Catfish1314
05-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Wouldn't be the first time.

Kakaroach
05-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't believe it. :pity: The other team doesn't have their two best players and throw in Dikembe in there as well. This is just ignorance from Phil Jackson. Oh well, no one really cares now that it is down to a Game 7. Just adds more fuel to the Rockets fire.

NBAdyNASTY
05-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Jackson has always been a classless douche. This is what I expect from losers like him. He has a holier than thou feel to him, and he's very unlikable. I can't believe I'm doing this for a division rival... GO ROCKETS

Loser? You're an idiot. 9 rings and he's a loser? He has the most playoff wins for an NBA coach and he's a loser. He may be coaching poorly right now, but he is definitely not a loser, quite the opposite.

showtym24
05-15-2009, 06:31 PM

Not happening sorry.:smoking:

kobe24>lebron23
05-15-2009, 06:43 PM

won't happen sorry lakers all the way

Trouble87
05-15-2009, 06:46 PM

x2

-----------------------

Lakers were too cocky

kobe24>lebron23
05-15-2009, 06:51 PM

the lakers are not playing with heart they think the gold is going to get handed to them

Kabowdos
05-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Don't ever question the greatest the coach of all time: Phil Jackson.

Missing56&33
05-15-2009, 06:56 PM
i am really impressed with the Rockets,i would have been surprised if they had even been competitive after Yao went down, but the fact that they have won 2 games blows my mind

x2..... they are showing a lot of fight really impressed with how well SB is playing Kobe

azkarraga
05-15-2009, 07:07 PM
sorry, but the upset is not a rockets thing. l.a. is gonna go trough this sunday. but the upset is gonna be with chauncey and melo... and im gonna sit there and enjoy!!!!!

soundjunkies2
05-15-2009, 07:17 PM
lol you take one quote out of the article that makes phil jackson look like he's making excuses.He wasn't, just pointing out that lamar is injured.He never said that's why they lost.

Driven
05-15-2009, 07:22 PM
lol you take one quote out of the article that makes phil jackson look like he's making excuses.He wasn't, just pointing out that lamar is injured.He never said that's why they lost.

I've seen the video bit from the press conference a number of times. It's been all over ESPN. It's just a dumb statement by Phil. Saying he's not worried and then saying that his team has injury problems is just plain dumb

Teeboy1487
05-15-2009, 07:31 PM
You people take things out of context. Oh well, say what you want if it makes you guys feel better.

gswlal
05-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Lakers dont deseve to win they are playing like crap
minus well let houston move on

xDjEpYOnx
05-15-2009, 07:50 PM
But if he is going to make an excuse about playing with injured people, why don't you bench him and play someone that is fully healthy like we had to do. I mean why dont you play Josh powell. Even though he doesnt play that much during the playoffs, neither does Chuck Hayes but thats what the playoffs are about. People stepping up when they are needed. Right now no one is stepping up for the Lakers

I want him to go further down the bench and put in Mbenga, at least he'll play with more energy than andrew bynum has so far. We're in agreement on this one

nstachowski
05-15-2009, 08:21 PM

HAHAHA x2

ragee
05-15-2009, 08:36 PM

Yes... I think so... No disrespect to the Rocket roster but just look at the lineup... Kobe, Gasol and Odom are the Lakers top players... One of them considered the best or 2nd best player in the league... Who does the Rockets have now that Yao is out too? I think Adelman is a great coach... I do hope the Rockets beat the Lakers on Sunday...

raider/devils
05-15-2009, 09:01 PM
hello everyone, this is my first time commenting on this site. Just had to say as a laker fan, I can't stand the way they are playing. and what is with phil not playing farmar when he is obviously playing the rockets better than the other guards we have. and sasha needs to stop crying and sit down.

raider/devils
05-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I also have to agree with the adelman being a great coach thought. he has the respect of his players and they leave it all out there for him. don't think phil has ever commanded that kind of respect from his players. a few of his players have had that kind of respect, but not phil.

still1ballin
05-15-2009, 09:40 PM
But Phil Jackson has 9 rings!

stevefrancis
05-15-2009, 10:16 PM
i wanna see how good of a coach phil jackson is if he doesnt have the best player. lets see him coach the kings next season. no way phil jackson does a better job with this injured rockets team then rich adelman

ragee
05-16-2009, 12:29 AM
But Phil Jackson has 9 rings!

Yeah... Because he had Jordan and Pippen when he was in the Bulls and Kobe and Shaq in the Lakers... Do you think Sloan and Ademan can't do that if they were then ones coaching the Bulls in the 90s and the Lakers in the early 2000s?

montazingmvp
05-16-2009, 12:36 AM

i can understand this being considered an upset, because it certainly is...

but one of the greatest ever...? not even close...

the lakers aren't good enough for that to be considered...

they're a flashy team with little physical presence...

name a team to win a championship solely on flash...for a team to win the championship they have to be PHYSICALLY dominating...

BTownTeamsRKing
05-16-2009, 12:49 AM

name a team to win a championship solely on flash...for a team to win the championship they have to be PHYSICALLY dominating...

u say this now, but at the start of the playoffs, im willing to bet your opinion of the lakers was slightly different.

This would be a monumental upset if the Rockets win game 7. I think the rockets have no chance. none. I would be so shocked if the lakers are elminated AT HOME to a team missing 2 starters.

A loss sunday to LA could mean MAJOR changes to the roster and possibly the coaching staff.

JordansBulls
05-16-2009, 12:49 AM

A 65 win team losing in the 2nd round will certainly be one of the greatest ever. Only 2 of 11 teams in NBA History that has won 65 games have failed to win the NBA Title. One team lost in the Conference Finals in Game 7 and one lost in the 1st round. Now when you consider Houston is missing it's top two players than it certainly puts this as one of the biggest upsets ever if not the biggest. But Houston has to win game 7 for this to happen.
However, in the series thread I voted Lakers in 7 and in the Game 7 thread I voted Lakers.

montazingmvp
05-16-2009, 01:12 AM
A 65 win team losing in the 2nd round will certainly be one of the greatest ever. Only 2 of 11 teams in NBA History that has won 65 games have failed to win the NBA Title. One team lost in the Conference Finals in Game 7 and one lost in the 1st round. Now when you consider Houston is missing it's top two players than it certainly puts this as one of the biggest upsets ever if not the biggest. But Houston has to win game 7 for this to happen.
However, in the series thread I voted Lakers in 7 and in the Game 7 thread I voted Lakers.

i get your point but like i said...finesse teams never win the championships...

i see this la team no different, from the pheonix suns of 05, or the mavs of 06

scruffmacgruff
05-16-2009, 11:46 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/11sz2qd.gif
If kobe keeps this up they will have injuries to complain about

BTownTeamsRKing
05-16-2009, 11:55 AM
im gonna laugh when the Lakers bounce back and crush Houston at home and then go on to dispose of denver in 6 games and head to the finals. at which time, everyone will say "i knew they were nasty."

lakersrock
05-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah... Because he had Jordan and Pippen when he was in the Bulls and Kobe and Shaq in the Lakers... Do you think Sloan and Ademan can't do that if they were then ones coaching the Bulls in the 90s and the Lakers in the early 2000s?

No, they couldn't. Adleman had a buttload of talent in Sacramento and they always fell apart at the worst time. That's because he's not good at managing stars. Until TMac was gone, Houston wasn't that good. Sloan would just piss them off by being himself. It takes a special coach to hold two superstars together and keep all the lesser players in line while giving the stars special treatment. BTW, how many rings have Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq won without him? 1...and Shaq had Wade/Riley with a bunch of good role players. Again, it takes a special coach to handle superstars. Just any coach that's really good at coaching can't do it. They also have to be an ego manager and not all coaches can do it.

Rico1455
05-16-2009, 12:17 PM

I don't know any sports fans who care about ratings

chadtx01
05-16-2009, 12:30 PM
No, they couldn't. Adleman had a buttload of talent in Sacramento and they always fell apart at the worst time. That's because he's not good at managing stars. Until TMac was gone, Houston wasn't that good. Sloan would just piss them off by being himself. It takes a special coach to hold two superstars together and keep all the lesser players in line while giving the stars special treatment. BTW, how many rings have Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq won without him? 1...and Shaq had Wade/Riley with a bunch of good role players. Again, it takes a special coach to handle superstars. Just any coach that's really good at coaching can do it. They also have to be an ego manager and not all coaches can do it.

The level of talent in Sacramento was nowhere near the level of talent Jackson had with the Bulls or Lakers.

Chris Webber, Vlade Divac, Mike Bibby? Solid players but how many of those names will ever get mentioned in an answer to the question "Who was the greatest of all time?"

To address the part about Houston wasnt good until McGrady was gone. McGrady was never at 100% this year. He was a liability on the court because he had no explosiveness. His game is about slashing and when you take that away from him, he's going to be fairly ineffective but because his name is Tracy McGrady, he's still going to get his touches.

Rick Adelman has done an amazing job. He coached the Rockets to a 22 game win streak last year, 12 of those wins coming without their all star center.

He's coached a team that has had injury after injury after injury to a 50+ win season and taken the top seed in the west to game 7 in the second round. He's held this team together and he's done this with a player/headcase like Ron Artest on the roster. I dont know if you realize this, but he's actually a pretty big star in his own right.

Kakaroach
05-16-2009, 12:30 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/11sz2qd.gif
If kobe keeps this up they will have injuries to complain about :laugh: :laugh: Love it, and your right. Pau: "Man my head is still sore from Kobe hard hit and it affected my game all night."

DerekRE_3
05-16-2009, 01:00 PM
No, they couldn't. Adleman had a buttload of talent in Sacramento and they always fell apart at the worst time. That's because he's not good at managing stars. Until TMac was gone, Houston wasn't that good. Sloan would just piss them off by being himself. It takes a special coach to hold two superstars together and keep all the lesser players in line while giving the stars special treatment. BTW, how many rings have Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq won without him? 1...and Shaq had Wade/Riley with a bunch of good role players. Again, it takes a special coach to handle superstars. Just any coach that's really good at coaching can do it. They also have to be an ego manager and not all coaches can do it.

That's pretty funny. I guess it was Adelman that missed all those free throws in game 7? It was not Adelman's fault that the Kings lost in 2002.

*Notice how there was no mention of the horrible officiating*

lakersrock
05-16-2009, 01:23 PM
That's pretty funny. I guess it was Adelman that missed all those free throws in game 7? It was not Adelman's fault that the Kings lost in 2002.

*Notice how there was no mention of the horrible officiating*

Well, we know what happens when a Lakers fan even utters the o word.

GCOOKIE7
05-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Did anyone see the poll on www.espn.com/nba
enjoy it!!!
every state voted LeBron
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

anarin
05-16-2009, 01:33 PM

Phil Jackson actually coaches? I thought he just rode the coattails of superstars??? Ya know.. guys like jordan and shaq.

yanks 4lif3
05-16-2009, 01:41 PM

x2 and I want to see the Celts get bounced

BenFrank
05-16-2009, 01:57 PM
:laugh: :laugh: Love it, and your right. Pau: "Man my head is still sore from Kobe hard hit and it affected my game all night."

LMAO.. Did Kobe really just shove his head in??? Shaq would of punched him right in the throat, I was thinking Pau was soft.. but this cut's tha cake.. :laugh2:

D-Leethal
05-16-2009, 02:23 PM
No, they couldn't. Adleman had a buttload of talent in Sacramento and they always fell apart at the worst time. That's because he's not good at managing stars. Until TMac was gone, Houston wasn't that good. Sloan would just piss them off by being himself. It takes a special coach to hold two superstars together and keep all the lesser players in line while giving the stars special treatment. BTW, how many rings have Jordan, Pippen, Kobe and Shaq won without him? 1...and Shaq had Wade/Riley with a bunch of good role players. Again, it takes a special coach to handle superstars. Just any coach that's really good at coaching can't do it. They also have to be an ego manager and not all coaches can do it.

Good post. People put way too much into the 'anyone could coach CHI and LA to championships with those rosters'......managing superstars is a very difficult thing to do and Phil was the master of it. Phil gets just as much credit as anyone for those rings

junion
05-16-2009, 02:41 PM
i need more info. phil jackson can say that, but in which context? what was the question and what came before and after that? was he referring to the reason why they lost? or was he just stating the fact that lamar is injured?

mrblisterdundee
05-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Phil Jackson's comments just compensate for how soft the Lakers are. Obviously, Los Angeles is not missing any important players.

kimchi'sworld
05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah Phil can be a big douche, but I will give Phil credit in knowing how to try and get into opposing coaches heads. Remember when Adelman was coaching the Kings in 2002 and Jackson said that game 6 was a throwaway game for the Kings when they almost won and he made comparison of Hitler to Adelman.

Havoc Wreaker
05-16-2009, 06:27 PM

I'm sorry...didn't Sloan have Stockton and Malone and yet...0 Rings?

JordansBulls
05-16-2009, 06:58 PM

Adelman had Drexler, Porter, Williams, Duckworth and Kersey as a starting 5.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-16-2009, 07:56 PM
What ever happens, Adelman and the Rockets have gained tons of respect from me. Adelman is out couching Phil. He has these guys playing great defense. He had the Kings playing great offense. And the Blazers playing great defense. It shows he adapts his coaching to fit the personal of his teams.

The Rockets bench is really deep. To lose the guys that they have lost and still have guys that can perform at this high a level is a estimate to the GM.

I dont think the reason the Lakers lost was because they did not come to play in game 6. I really think the Rockets just outplayed them. The Lakers made a good push and were within 2 points in the middle of the third but the Rockets defense really stepped up.

I dont see the Lakers losing. But I have been saying since January, that the Lakers bench was really over rated. Farmar and Vujacic have had one good year each in their careers. Walton has never had a good year. I always was baffled why so many people said they had the most talent in the league. I could name 4 or 5 teams with more talent. But this inexperience bench has really shown its true colors at the end of the season and in these playoffs. I dont know how things will turn out vs Denver if we are lucky enough to get that far. Im very disappointed it has even come to this. But what can we do. Only watch the game and hope they make more baskets than the Rockets I guess. Go Lakers

ragee
05-16-2009, 08:18 PM

What? how many times did Jordan and Pippen (on the peak of their careers) played without him? Shaq greatly declined when he was traded so he did not realy made an impact in the Heat... The real question is, how many did Phil Jackson won without Jordan, Pippen and Shaq? None... Even if he still has Kobe and a lot more talented players... Lastly, about Sacramento... buttload of talent? Are you saying if they switch places and the Sacramento Kings on their prime (Webber, Divac, Bibby, Peja, Cristie, Jackson) can beat the Chicago Bulls in their prime (Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Harper, Longley, Kukoc, Kerr)? The Bulls will lose because Adelman can't hadle stars? You got to be kidding me!

Phil Jackson for me is overrated... He is not as good as people say he is... I saw a lot of Laker games because my friends are all Laker fans... From the start of the season, I've been trying to point out the Lakers main weakness... Now, it is game 7 of the 2nd round but the Lakers still has that weakness... That is what made them lose every time... Rotating on defense... As a fan, if I can see that, I am sure he can see that too... Why can't he do something about it? It is not like his players are not good at defense...

Havoc Wreaker
05-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Adelman had Drexler, Porter, Williams, Duckworth and Kersey as a starting 5.

Yeah....that too....I'm not savvy on the NBA :shrug: I would've never remembered this :up:

ragee
05-16-2009, 08:23 PM

Yeah... Other than that? Who else do they have? The Bulls have Harper, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and a tremendous sixth man in Kukoc and a dead eye shooter in Kerr...

Havoc Wreaker
05-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah... Other than that? Who else do they have? The Bulls have Harper, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman and a tremendous sixth man in Kukoc and a dead eye shooter in Kerr...

Chill my friend. I just don't think he is as much of a fraud as people in here are saying but I still believe coaching is overrated....in ANY sport. it's simple, if the players deliver you win.

LA412
05-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Jackson = 9

Adelman = 0

ragee
05-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Chill my friend. I just don't think he is as much of a fraud as people in here are saying but I still believe coaching is overrated....in ANY sport. it's simple, if the players deliver you win.

Hahaha... Well, that's true... But they still make an impact in little ways... I am not saying he is a bad coach... I am just saying he is not as good as people think he is...