PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver PACERS???

IversonIsKrazy
05-14-2009, 11:19 PM
There is rumors that the Indiana Pacers might sell the franchise to Vancouver.

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/170615-pacers-to-vancouver-canucks-owner-makes-pitch-to-simon

This is the quotes from the story.

Rumors are starting to spread that Francesco Aquilini, owner of the NHLís Vancouver Canucks, is reportedly expressing interest in purchasing the Indiana Pacers and moving the team to Vancouver, B.C.

Pacers co-owner Herb Simon is working as hard as he can to work out a new arena deal with the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board and says he doesnít want to see Indy without an NBA team.

Simon, could be using Aquilini as leverage against the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board.

But former Sonics owner Howard Schultz also used Clay Bennett as leverage against the Washington State Legislature. And now the Sonics no longer exist.

IversonIsKrazy
05-14-2009, 11:21 PM
I luv this. I live in Vancouver, and was very very young back when we had Grizzlies. I am hoping, and hoping, for a new franchise in Van City. I really hope this comes through.

IversonIsKrazy
05-14-2009, 11:21 PM
What is everyone elses opinion?

Cubs Win
05-14-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm too young to really remember what happened to cause the Grizzlies to leave Vancouver, but I'd imagine it was a lack of fan support or somethign that probably hasn't changed much since then. Plus, how would they fit in then in a division with Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland? I'd rather not see this happen.

hotpotato1092
05-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Hasn't Vancouver already proven that it can't support an NBA team? Why do you think the Grizzlies left? It'd really be a shame to see Memphis, Vancouver and Charlotte having teams while Seattle, Las Vegas and Indiana not having teams. Think of what Vegas could do for the league, and think of the basketball history in Seattle and Indiana, especially Indiana where basketball is like religion.

NBA_Starter
05-14-2009, 11:39 PM
This would be a terrible move, If they move just move them to Las Vegas or Seattle.

nik.jd.aitken
05-15-2009, 12:01 AM
It sure went well last time there was a team in Vancouver... :P

mzgrizz
05-15-2009, 12:02 AM
What is everyone elses opinion?

I'd like to see it happen for you, IIK.
I know you miss having a team something awful.
BTW Indianapolis makes Memphis look like an exotic and exciting city!!!
Vancouver is lovely, I hear.

mzgrizz
05-15-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm too young to really remember what happened to cause the Grizzlies to leave Vancouver, but I'd imagine it was a lack of fan support or somethign that probably hasn't changed much since then. Plus, how would they fit in then in a division with Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland? I'd rather not see this happen.

I believe the owner sold the team($$$ I'm sure) and prolly wanting a new arena????
The then Charlotte Hornets wanted to move here at the same time as Heisley bought the team and decided to move here after a commitment to building the FedEx Forum. Actually seems like one other team considered moving here,too. Heisley cut the deal;the Hornets moved to N'awlins and Vancouver was left out.
They would fit just fine in Vancouver;no different than the Raptors' division.

shonk688
05-15-2009, 12:51 AM
I'd like to see it happen for you, IIK.
I know you miss having a team something awful.
BTW Indianapolis makes Memphis look like an exotic and exciting city!!!
Vancouver is lovely, I hear.

You've never been to Indy have you?

I live in Indy and have been to Memphis before and Indy>>>>>>>>>>>>Memphis.

_KB24_
05-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Vancouver>>>>> Memphis and Indy

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 01:01 AM
There is rumors that the Indiana Pacers might sell the franchise to Vancouver.

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/170615-pacers-to-vancouver-canucks-owner-makes-pitch-to-simon

This is the quotes from the story.

Rumors are starting to spread that Francesco Aquilini, owner of the NHLís Vancouver Canucks, is reportedly expressing interest in purchasing the Indiana Pacers and moving the team to Vancouver, B.C.

Pacers co-owner Herb Simon is working as hard as he can to work out a new arena deal with the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board and says he doesnít want to see Indy without an NBA team.

Simon, could be using Aquilini as leverage against the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board.

But former Sonics owner Howard Schultz also used Clay Bennett as leverage against the Washington State Legislature. And now the Sonics no longer exist.

I can't imagine the Pacers not in Indiana. This will be the 2nd franchise that the Bulls have played in the playoffs that were title contenders that will have moved away.

Wilson
05-15-2009, 01:02 AM
If Vancouver has proven anything, it's that they definately deserve an NBA team way more than Seattle...

Jay22Redd
05-15-2009, 01:05 AM
I thought they couldnt support a NBA franchise?!

MaHaRaJaH
05-15-2009, 01:19 AM
I thought they couldnt support a NBA franchise?!

averaged fair amount of fans, the OWNER had financial problems.

zambo4president
05-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Indiana is pretty much a shithole to be honest. But Canada isn`t much better. I think Las Vegas or even San Diego would be a much better fit for a team.

mjt20mik
05-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Indiana is pretty much a shithole to be honest. But Canada isn`t much better. I think Las Vegas or even San Diego would be a much better fit for a team.

Toronto averages quite a bit of fans for Raptors' games. So I can't agree that it isn't much better.

Driven
05-15-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't understand how a franchise would be more successful in Vancouver than Indianapolis.

Driven
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Toronto averages quite a bit of fans for Raptors' games. So I can't agree that it isn't much better.
Most cities are going to support their teams no matter what. Attendance isn't a huge issue in basketball or hockey... they just have to fill 18 or so thousand seats. And usually cities will support their teams.

Toronto is a huge city. Vancouver is not. I just can't see Vancouver making a ton of money.

Punkindrublic03
05-15-2009, 10:39 AM
If Vancouver has proven anything, it's that they definately deserve an NBA team way more than Seattle...

How the F do you figure that. The Supersonics were in seattle 41 years. They were the city of Seattle's first major pro franchise. They are the only professional sports team from seattle to win a Title/championship. They played in the heart of the city and when the SONICS had ownership and a GM who knew what they were doing... they had great teams which the city rallied around every season. you can GTFO with your stupid *** comment saying that Vancouver deserves and NBA franchise more than Seattle. No other fan base or city deserves to have their team stolen and moved to another city... that is just bull **** what happened in seattle with the sonics. I will feel bad for the Pacers if they do end up moving... it sucks. I hope Seattle gets a team back again because I love the Sonics, but I don't want ownership in seattle go and buy a team and relocate them. Basically, I don't want seattle or the sonics to pull a clay bennett/okc move. those ******s from OKC can **** off - and so can David Stern with his BF Clay

Mile High Champ
05-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Hasn't Vancouver already proven that it can't support an NBA team? Why do you think the Grizzlies left? It'd really be a shame to see Memphis, Vancouver and Charlotte having teams while Seattle, Las Vegas and Indiana not having teams. Think of what Vegas could do for the league, and think of the basketball history in Seattle and Indiana, especially Indiana where basketball is like religion.

It happened cause of ******* named David Stern. Had the Grizz ever gotten a fair shot to compete I would say it was their fault. For some very stupid reason, both the raptors and grizz were not allowed to win the top pick in the draft in their first 7 years in the league (Sure it was around that number). Stern never really gave the franchise a chance and I gurantee that with the Vancouver's solid market and all the efforts gone into help create infastructure in Vancouver because of next year olympics, a team could more than easily be supported there. Hell its a tragedy than two of the best and most beautiful cities in North America no longer have a basketball team, Seattle and Vancouver..

Mile High Champ
05-15-2009, 10:46 AM

man talk about an ignorant statement! Have you ever been to Vancouver? Over and over again its regarded as perhaps the best and nicest city in all of North America. Vancouver and British Columbia have everything that any person would want in a city. Why do you think they got the Olympics next year? Was it cause it was a place that offered nothing to the table? Some Americans need to stop being so ignorant when it comes to Canadians and Canada. I love the pacers but Indiana is crazy about College basketball first and then the nba. I know they would love to keep them there but Indianapolis is not a great city by any means..

Mile High Champ
05-15-2009, 10:47 AM
It sure went well last time there was a team in Vancouver... :P

Could say the same thing about Charlotte as well...

JOSKOMANG4
05-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Indiana is well known as the Basketball state.

Pacers are young/upcoming franchise...they'll be competitive team once again.. especially in the eastern conference where a team that goes 35-47 can make it as the 7th seed,

Sly Guy
05-15-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't see them uprooting a team like indiana. That being said, it's a travesty that Vancouver and Seattle no longer have teams. Vancouver is a city of over a million people, I'm not sure of Seattle, but surely a cities of that size can handle a team.

JOSKOMANG4
05-15-2009, 11:03 AM
The only sport that should move to Canada... is hockey..

Maybe even football.. If the bills move to Toronto??.. that would be big.

Mile High Champ
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
The only sport that should move to Canada... is hockey..

Maybe even football.. If the bills move to Toronto??.. that would be big.

hahah... a typical response from an uninformed individual.

Wilson
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
How the F do you figure that. The Supersonics were in seattle 41 years. They were the city of Seattle's first major pro franchise. They are the only professional sports team from seattle to win a Title/championship. They played in the heart of the city and when the SONICS had ownership and a GM who knew what they were doing... they had great teams which the city rallied around every season. you can GTFO with your stupid *** comment saying that Vancouver deserves and NBA franchise more than Seattle. No other fan base or city deserves to have their team stolen and moved to another city... that is just bull **** what happened in seattle with the sonics. I will feel bad for the Pacers if they do end up moving... it sucks. I hope Seattle gets a team back again because I love the Sonics, but I don't want ownership in seattle go and buy a team and relocate them. Basically, I don't want seattle or the sonics to pull a clay bennett/okc move. those ******s from OKC can **** off - and so can David Stern with his BF Clay

Sarcasm my friend...

Mile High Champ
05-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Indiana is well known as the Basketball state.

Pacers are young/upcoming franchise...they'll be competitive team once again.. especially in the eastern conference where a team that goes 35-47 can make it as the 7th seed,

Here is an article I found witha good quote that applies to what you are saying..

If the Pacers do move to Vancouver, it would be deeply ironic. One of the things many critics attributed to the failure of the Grizzlies was that Vancouver did not have a rich basketball culture or history. Now the city might take away a team from Indiana, a state with the richest basketball culture of all.

If that happens, it will illustrate that the NBA is not about culture or history, but business. The draw of something like a good stadium and deep-pocketed owner is far stronger than anything portrayed in the film Hoosiers.

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/indiana-pacers-moving-vancouver

All the nba cares about is money, its a business, they are asking "What have you done for me lately"... no reason why Indiana cant be moved...

Wilson
05-15-2009, 11:14 AM
All the nba cares about is money, its a business, they are asking "What have you done for me lately"... no reason why Indiana cant be moved...

Pretty much, it's very frustrating.

shonk688
05-15-2009, 11:19 AM

This is one of the dumbest post I have ever heard.

You probable have never been to Indiana have you? Actually Indiana is like about 3/4 of the rest of the country. If you have ever traveled out of California you would know this. So basically you are saying 3/4 of the US is a shithole. And for the people that say Indianapolis isn't a good city you ether haven't been hear ever or haven't been hear in a long time. Yeah it's not the biggest city but it's a nice city. I guess the lack of seasons in San Diego has made you a complete snob or just maybe you are not very smart.

mitch91
05-15-2009, 11:21 AM
there was already a thread on this

Mile High Champ
05-15-2009, 11:24 AM
there was already a thread on this

meh this one is better anyway..

shonk688
05-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I dont think the pacers are going anywhere. However if this did happen I would never watch another NBA game ever again. If they take the Pacers away from Indiana then the NBA is turning in to a complete joke.

torontosports10
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
I would like to see another team in Canada and Vancouver would be the top destinaction. That said I dont want a place like Indiana to lose their team since it means so much to the city.

koreancabbage
05-15-2009, 11:42 AM
This is one of the dumbest post I have ever heard.

You probable have never been to Indiana have you? Actually Indiana is like about 3/4 of the rest of the country. If you have ever traveled out of California you would know this. So basically you are saying 3/4 of the US is a shithole. And for the people that say Indianapolis isn't a good city you ether haven't been hear ever or haven't been hear in a long time. Yeah it's not the biggest city but it's a nice city. I guess the lack of seasons in San Diego has made you a complete snob or just maybe you are not very smart.

WTF are you trying to say? Indiana is 3/4 of the rest of the country? this by far is the dumbest post by far in this thread. You really didn't explain much by saying what you're saying.

anyways...

I like the Pacers as the team they have now. They have a good nucleus of young players and should be hitting their stride in 2-3 years time. Unfortunately, people with lots of money don't want to take a financial risk by acquiring the Pacers, especially in the states. This is probably the second time a Canadian owner has asked for a price for a major sports team (i.e. Coyoties) and bring it to Canada.

I think Vancouver could actually have support for the second Canadian basketball team. Basketball is an up and coming sport in Canada and this time, new fans actually know what is going on in terms of the sport. With the pacers being as a young team and that is only going to get better and a sweet city like Vancouver as their home of the Pacers. i think this could fly if this actually went through.

SpeeMN
05-15-2009, 11:46 AM
I am reading a lot of stupid posts talkin ******** about cities that you guys have probably never been. Vancouver metro area has over 2,500,000 people. The city itself (downtown size) dwarfs cities' like San Diego and Minneapolis, not to mention Indianapolis. I have friends in Vancouver and when I was young I was there when they just received the Grizzlies. EVERYONE was excited, it was everywhere. Bad ownership and a horrible team year after year never got the people into it past the first year.

I don't know much about Indiana, but I would suck to see the pacers leave. Would the Conferences need to Change?

MaHaRaJaH
05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Vancouver consistently averaged between 400k-700k fans per year, the urban area has vastly grown since. But remember, solid fan base isn't what keeps a team profitable anymore, it's through corporations. So even if areas like Seattle and Indianapolis have a rich basketball history, corporations would rather put their money in places where the economy is really booming and they don't have to compete much with other teams.

Unruly Fan
05-15-2009, 12:54 PM
It would definately be a shame for the Pacers to leave Indi. But Vancouver would be an ideal home for another NBA team.

Also im sick and tired of too much hockey, Canada needs another NBA team.

Hellcrooner
05-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Pacers is one of the teams that shoudl NEVER move?

ink
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
I am reading a lot of stupid posts talkin ******** about cities that you guys have probably never been. Vancouver metro area has over 2,500,000 people. The city itself (downtown size) dwarfs cities' like San Diego and Minneapolis, not to mention Indianapolis. I have friends in Vancouver and when I was young I was there when they just received the Grizzlies. EVERYONE was excited, it was everywhere. Bad ownership and a horrible team year after year never got the people into it past the first year.

I don't know much about Indiana, but I would suck to see the pacers leave. Would the Conferences need to Change?

Vancouver consistently averaged between 400k-700k fans per year, the urban area has vastly grown since. But remember, solid fan base isn't what keeps a team profitable anymore, it's through corporations. So even if areas like Seattle and Indianapolis have a rich basketball history, corporations would rather put their money in places where the economy is really booming and they don't have to compete much with other teams.

Great to see some FACTS in this thread instead of "I thought Vancouver didn't support their team". The facts are that even in Vancouver's worst season, the average attendance was 13,500, which puts them just behind Indiana and above the Memphis Grizzlies. And that was the WORST attendance for the Grizzlies.

SpeedMN knows what he's talking about. The fans supported the franchise even though the team, drafting, ownership, and management were terrible. Who do you think is the guy who is currently handing out erratic suspensions during the playoffs???? None other than Stu Jackson, ex-GM of the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Vancouver could easily support an NBA franchise ... er, that is, if it was actually an NBA caliber franchise. Hell, we even supported a D League franchise when Stu Jackson was running the show. lol.

IversonIsKrazy
05-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Man im praying for this to happen. I was around like 5 years old back when we had the grizzlies. I've never bin to a NBA game b4. Plus, Vancouver as a city, is a beautiful city, full of tourist attractions, and rated the best place to LIVE in the world. This is how the divisions would work though.

Memphis --> Central-East Division
OKC --> Southwest Division
Vancouver --> Northwest Divison

BoTiggle
05-15-2009, 03:07 PM
[/I]

The Pacers will NEVER leave Indy.

pebloemer
05-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Wow... so it has come to a point where Indiana is looking to sell the franchise? I have read it so many times and it just doesn't land. To all Indiana and Seattle fans, my sincerest condolences. I appreciate history and culture much more than money. I would like to see the Pacers stay in Indiana, and if the team can turn it around and become competitive, maybe the attendance will spark up again.

In regards to Vancouver, there is no doubt in my mind they could support an NBA franchise. No doubt at all. When all the factors are in place, it is a great fit for a team. But why the Pacers...

MJ-BULLS
05-15-2009, 03:16 PM
nah i hope that they stay, they should stay in indy

EastCoastBaller
05-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Las vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

ink
05-15-2009, 04:01 PM
The Grizz failed in Vancouver because of:

1. Stu Jackson
2. Orca Bay ownership
3. Michael Heisley's untruth about not wanting to move the team when he bought it
4. very bad drafting
5. Steve Francis (see above)
6. Big Country Reeves (given a $10M per annum long term contract that helped cap out an extremely untalented team)
7. NBA draft pick rule for the two new Canadian franchises
8. bad trades
9. did I mention Stu Jackson? The guy who is handing out controversial and inconsistent suspensions this playoff season?
10. brutal markteting and branding.

The community supported the hell out of the Grizzlies. At their worst season average, they still outdrew the Memphis Grizzlies. It's completely inaccurate to say that the franchise failed because basketball is not big here. It failed because Grizzlies management made Glen Grunwald look like R.C. Buford.

ink
05-15-2009, 04:01 PM
The main improvement on the Vancouver scene would be that none of Stu Jackson, Orca Bay, Michael Heisley, Steve Francis, or Big Country Reeves would be involved with the franchise.

Aquilini is a Canadian owner (unlike Orca Bay, who were absentee owners based in Seattle) and has done amazing things with the Vancouver Canucks.

He's invested big time in the scouting and player development department of that team and the dividends are showing right away.

Vancouver will also host the 2010 Games this winter and every single athletic facility has already been completed (a year early) and had a World Cup calibre event take place there to test it out. The city is major league and has deep pockets.

jacquewho?
05-15-2009, 04:06 PM
I'd probably cry myself to sleep every night if the Pacers moved out of Indy...I mean, it's not like the "in 49 states, it's just basketball, but this is Indiana" applies to us or anything....

ink
05-15-2009, 04:10 PM
I'd probably cry myself to sleep every night if the Pacers moved out of Indy...I mean, it's not like the "in 49 states, it's just basketball, but this is Indiana" applies to us or anything....

I wouldn't want to see you guys go through what we did up here. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And you guys have history behind you and a tradition of excellence. If Vancouver gets a team again, I hope it's not at the expense of a traditional market like Indiana.

carson005
05-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Grizzlies didn't work in Vancouver because they sucked, no one wanted to pay money to watch that ****** team

ink
05-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Grizzlies didn't work in Vancouver because they sucked, no one wanted to pay money to watch that ****** team

Funny thing is, we DID pay money to watch that ****** team. We paid a lot of money and filled the stadium only to watch them draft people like Big Country Reeves and make him our "franchise" player. Holy ****!!! :laugh2:

mzgrizz
05-15-2009, 06:18 PM
You've never been to Indy have you?

I live in Indy and have been to Memphis before and Indy>>>>>>>>>>>>Memphis.

Uh, yes I have been there and I stand by my first assessment.

carson005
05-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Funny thing is, we DID pay money to watch that ****** team. We paid a lot of money and filled the stadium only to watch them draft people like Big Country Reeves and make him our "franchise" player. Holy ****!!! :laugh2:

lol I remember him,I have this old Grizzlies ticket with him on it,god he was awful. But my main was that theres no doubt a team in Vancouver would work,especially if they might contend.

mzgrizz
05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
It happened cause of ******* named David Stern. Had the Grizz ever gotten a fair shot to compete I would say it was their fault. For some very stupid reason, both the raptors and grizz were not allowed to win the top pick in the draft in their first 7 years in the league (Sure it was around that number). Stern never really gave the franchise a chance and I gurantee that with the Vancouver's solid market and all the efforts gone into help create infastructure in Vancouver because of next year olympics, a team could more than easily be supported there. Hell its a tragedy than two of the best and most beautiful cities in North America no longer have a basketball team, Seattle and Vancouver..

Thank you for noticing !!! The Grizz have been screwed over in the "lottery" year after year. I am very interested in seeing which team "wins" the #1 this time. I no longer care about the stupid lottery, I just want Heisley to get off his *** and cough up some bucks for a great 4 position......that is, unless we get "lucky" and get Blake Griffin. :rolleyes:

VCaintdead17
05-15-2009, 06:30 PM
I can't express my anger right now

:pity:

I'll just leave it at this,

The Pacers would not be the Pacers if they left one of the greatest citys in America.

VCaintdead17
05-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Uh, yes I have been there and I stand by my first assessment.

i hope you get banned

mzgrizz
05-15-2009, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=ink;9481881]The Grizz failed in Vancouver because of:

1. Stu Jackson
2. Orca Bay ownership
3. Michael Heisley's untruth about not wanting to move the team when he bought it
4. very bad drafting
5. Steve Francis (see above)
6. Big Country Reeves (given a $10M per annum long term contract that helped cap out an extremely untalented team)
7. NBA draft pick rule for the two new Canadian franchises
8. bad trades
9. did I mention Stu Jackson? The guy who is handing out controversial and inconsistent suspensions this playoff season?
10. brutal markteting and branding.

Thank you, INK
I think the Memphis Grizzlies suffered mightily with Stu Jackson,too. There was some stupid pick we had to give up when they first moved here and it set the tone for years. Memphis has been a basketball city for many years, but they like winners. It is hard to build your team when you do it from the draft, and your number never comes up.
Also it takes a dedicated owner to pony up, and I 'd like to say Heisley may finally be reading the signs.

Chronz
05-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Las Vegas will get a team in the foreseeable future, its just bad economics not too tap into that market, allow gambling, the works, times are getting tough, its a no brainer.

Kakaroach
05-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Rather have them staying in Indiana. Why can't Memphis move to Seattle.

mzgrizz
05-15-2009, 06:44 PM
lol I remember him,I have this old Grizzlies ticket with him on it,god he was awful. But my main was that theres no doubt a team in Vancouver would work,especially if they might contend.

He might have been on a ticket in Memphis, but I don't think he played 5 minutes ....ever. I have been a season ticket holder for all 8 years and ready to go next year. I may be delusional about the team this year, but I do have some hope here now for better days.
I met a Canadian from Vancouver on a tour in Europe 6 years ago and he was VERY bitter about the team, but not because they had left Vancouver. He was angry that they were so bad! My husband and I still marvel at how awful that first team was......with Ike Austin ,Big Country, and too many more to remember. Getting to 50 wins in 2005 was an unbelievable thrill for this city. Bit we need Heisley to gutcheck and move us forward. They are LEGALLY bound here for another 9 or so years, so he might as well try and win!

mzgrizz
05-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Mea culpa......I never should have slammed Indianapolis. I would also feel really bad for them if they lost their team. Apologies offered,

_KB24_
05-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Here is an article I found witha good quote that applies to what you are saying..

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/indiana-pacers-moving-vancouver

The NBA is a business. Thats why you have superstars switching from contenders to trash for the money. I mean, what if LeBron leaves Cleveland for NY?? Strictly business.

_KB24_
05-15-2009, 09:35 PM

Ive been or lived in all three cities and Indy is actually not that bad. Vancouver has been one of the top 2-3 most desirable and best cities to live in constantly. San Diego is just San Diego, go ahead and read what i said earlier in the post.

MaHaRaJaH
05-15-2009, 09:45 PM
The NBA is a business. Thats why you have superstars switching from contenders to trash for the money. I mean, what if LeBron leaves Cleveland for NY?? Strictly business.

Exactly, _Money Talks_

dsolms
05-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Las Vegas will get a team in the foreseeable future, its just bad economics not too tap into that market, allow gambling, the works, times are getting tough, its a no brainer.

Times are getting tough, so gamble... that is brilliant! Why do you think times are tough? Because of too many idiots gambling. Granted it's more on wall street and credit cards than vegas, but c'mon.

loki34
05-15-2009, 10:03 PM
kansas city really needs a team

Kyben36
05-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Not another Canadian team, lets give Mexico a team first.

_Sn1P3r_
05-15-2009, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't mind another Canada team. Having the chance to watch Granger more would be pretty cool.

ink
05-15-2009, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't mind another Canada team. Having the chance to watch Granger more would be pretty cool.

I'd go to see Granger just like I paid to see Abdhur Raheem, Bibby and Dickerson.

JM33
05-15-2009, 11:33 PM
wtf

blacknell
05-15-2009, 11:36 PM
dumb move

phoenix_bladen
05-16-2009, 12:14 AM
yes I agree with people here

it's not that vancouver was a bad city or anything

it was just the team was so bad and the maangement was so sh-it

did i mention ?

they drafted mike bibby and then traded him away

antonio daniels as a lottery PICK??? OVER TRACY MCGRADY???

bryant reeves...........????

Stromile Swift???

steve francis wasn't bad but he didn't stay.. and was traded for michael dickerson ? ?? at least get cuttino mobley from the rockets instead...

the only decent players from there draft was bibby and shariff abdur-rahim and none of them were superstars!!!!

Kyle N.
05-16-2009, 12:21 AM
I don't see how arguing what city is "better" has anything to do with where the team goes. Indianapolis is a nice city so get over it. Should they move? No, but if they do I won't lose any sleep over it but there will be many fans who will.

DirtyThirty
05-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Indiana needs professional basketball period.

IversonIsKrazy
05-16-2009, 12:41 AM
I think Van-city deserves another chance. The management was HORRIBLE last time! No superstars, there best player was Abdur-Rahim who avged around what David West avged. Canucks Owner and Management Aquilini, is a very smart and good manager/owner. With his management, the superstar-in-making Granger, and the desirable city of Vancouver, could be good for the NBA. I think we deserve another chance, and Mexico guys, i dont think the country of Swine Flu is going to attract wealthy NBA players.

IversonIsKrazy
05-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Indy is a bball city, i noe. but NBA is a BUISNESS, they dont bring the fans, they dont make the money, NBA is gunna move u. C'mon Aquilini, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

IversonIsKrazy
05-16-2009, 12:42 AM
And get another forward for the Canucks as ur at it :P

shonk688
05-17-2009, 12:11 AM
WTF are you trying to say? Indiana is 3/4 of the rest of the country? this by far is the dumbest post by far in this thread. You really didn't explain much by saying what you're saying.

anyways...

I like the Pacers as the team they have now. They have a good nucleus of young players and should be hitting their stride in 2-3 years time. Unfortunately, people with lots of money don't want to take a financial risk by acquiring the Pacers, especially in the states. This is probably the second time a Canadian owner has asked for a price for a major sports team (i.e. Coyoties) and bring it to Canada.

I think Vancouver could actually have support for the second Canadian basketball team. Basketball is an up and coming sport in Canada and this time, new fans actually know what is going on in terms of the sport. With the pacers being as a young team and that is only going to get better and a sweet city like Vancouver as their home of the Pacers. i think this could fly if this actually went through.

I guess I have to spell it out for you. The land in the state of Indiana looks like three-fourths of what the land in the whole united states looks like if you have ever traveled you would know this. Do you understand now or do I have to explain more?

shonk688
05-17-2009, 12:17 AM
i hope you get banned

Mea culpa......I never should have slammed Indianapolis. I would also feel really bad for them if they lost their team. Apologies offered,

Not excepted you are just saying that because you are afraid you are going to get banned now and I hope it happens

shonk688
05-17-2009, 12:21 AM
By the way I haven't heard one thing about this in Indianapolis. Not the local news or the Indy star has had a thing about this. I would think if there where any truth to this it would be all over the news.

EX-TREME
05-17-2009, 01:11 PM
please do not move pacers. if vancouver wants a nba team move the clippers then.

IversonIsKrazy
05-17-2009, 06:17 PM
NO WAY! the clips are the ONLY team i dont wanna c come to van-city. Man, that team is almost as bad as the grizzlies.

ink
05-17-2009, 06:23 PM
NO WAY! the clips are the ONLY team i dont wanna c come to van-city. Man, that team is worse than the grizzlies.

Fixed. No offense to Clippers fans. If Vancouver got a franchise, I'd want it to be better, not worse than the team we had before.

QUICKTRADE
05-17-2009, 07:15 PM
how about buying back the minesota grizzlies and pacers to minesota. I guess with a better minesota team and a loterry pick then they will have a good run this year and hope to win in playoffs.

Kianwe
05-19-2009, 01:41 AM
I would like to see another team in Canada and Vancouver would be the top destinaction. That said I dont want a place like Indiana to lose their team since it means so much to the city.

+1:clap:

vigilantex69
05-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Horrible move but it will never happen. This is just leverage. The Pacers will stay

dsonLAL24
05-19-2009, 02:20 AM
ugh! Vancouver Pacers dosen't even sound right

Fear_GAS_OLDier
05-19-2009, 02:27 AM
if the pacers go to canada...any chance reggie will quit broadcasting on american national games? but really i would hate to see this happen. i hated seeing it happen to the glove and shawn kemp, just think of all the reggie, MJ and bird action indiana has seen it'd be a travesty to lose the INDIANA pacers altho their not currently in the playoff race

Fear_GAS_OLDier
05-19-2009, 02:28 AM
ugh! Vancouver Pacers dosen't even sound right

if they have enuf money to buy the franchise i think they have enuf money to change the team name, i.e. sonics....thunder

kombayn
05-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Don't be surprised after next season that the Sacramento Kings will move to Anaheim, CA and the Indiana Pacers will move to Vancouver, B.C.

The reason? Better arena situations, more revenue and a much-needed division realignment. I don't see the Pacers staying in Indiana with all the money they're losing, he's going to sell it to the highest-bidding owner and the only investor we know about is the Vancouver Canucks owner.

I won't be surprised if that happened.

Mile High Champ
05-31-2009, 11:18 PM
if they have enuf money to buy the franchise i think they have enuf money to change the team name, i.e. sonics....thunder

yup name aint a problem..