PDA

View Full Version : Game 7 Sun May 17th - 2nd Round - Eastern Conference (2) Boston vs (3) Orlando

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
05-14-2009, 10:14 PM
( 2 ) Boston Celtics (62-20) vs. ( 3 ) Orlando Magic (59-23)

Boston Celtics will have the Homecourt Advantage

Series Tied 3-3 Series Breakdown

Sun, May 17 - 8:00 pm EDT - Game 7 - Orlando @ Boston TNT

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Season Series Tied 2-2
Dec. 1: at Celtics 107, Orlando 88
Jan 22: Celtics 90, at Orlando 80
Mar 17: at Celtics 79, Orlando 86
Mar 25: Celtics 82, at Orlando 84

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Celtics.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3026.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/9.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/662.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3200.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2018.jpg

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Glen Davis
C - Kendrick Perkins

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Magic.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/11.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3445.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/862.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/469.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2384.jpg

PG - Rafer Alston
SG - Courtney Lee
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard

ManRam
05-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm taking the Magic for a few reasons.

1. I like them more.
2. They are the better team.
3. They have won 3 times already in the playoffs on the road, could've easily been 4 times if it wasn't for Big Baby. They were a great team on the road in the regular season too.
4. Hedo is bound for a breakout game...and if not, he doesn't let it get to him, and has hit a ton of big shots these playoffs.
5. Dwight will play like he did today, no doubt about it.
6. Courtney will get more time. JJ will get less.
7. The Magic are the better team.

avsman05
05-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I say the Magic, it's definately not Boston's season.

NBA_Starter
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Boston by 8.

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Boston.

Main reason: They are the much stronger mentally than the magic, and in a game 7 on the road for magic, that is huge.

magicbucs4eva
05-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Magic baby!! they had there shot!!

AllTheWay
05-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Ima go for a big Magic upset. I feel they can give the Cavs a good run as well.

Angel
05-14-2009, 11:32 PM
The two days rest is going to help Boston more than Orllando and Ray Allen will not struggle in a game 7 but, I could still see the Magic beating the Cetics. I think Orlando is going to get out ahead early and the Celtics are going to finally not come back for once. They can't keep coming from behind and stealing games they should have lost and I think their luck has finally run out.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Well Celtics fans, we been here before. quite recently actually.

Game 7 in Boston, LETS ****EN DO THIS!!!!

Ray Ray will come back strong.

pick your heads up guys and come out swinging on sunday night Celtics.

Celtics Pride runs deep and the magic are about to learn the hard way.

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!

Eagles_Guy
05-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Depends on if Ray decides to show up, haven't seen him since Game 6 of the Bulls series (sure he went cold last year too, but last year KG was around...)

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Why the hell is this game on TNT?

BTownTeamsRKing
05-15-2009, 01:35 AM
thank God its on TNT. espn blows.

Eagles_Guy
05-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah I hate ESPN, Tiricco is not a good announcer for basketball. Like how tonight how Ray made that shot that bounced around like 5 times then went in, and they go "see, now thats the shooters touch right there", like Ray Allen intended for the ball to bounce around the backboard and rim 5 times before it went in.

Plus Avery Johnson has the most annoying f'n voice in the world.

Philly76
05-15-2009, 06:15 AM
This is a tough one.. I can only predict an overtime.. :)

I voted for Boston, because of the home court advantage, experience in playing these kind of games, and Ray Ray must have at least one blasting night against them..

Personally I don't really like Magic, so I hope Boston takes it.. And if they do, they'll get swept against Cavs..

MagicBucsSox
05-15-2009, 06:23 AM
long as dwight stay outta foul trouble, and a 3rd person scores,we'll win

todu82
05-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Boston wins 101-93.

theimortalone
05-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Orlando in a close game. Magic by 3. Ray Ray misses a 3 at the buzzer. hehe. :clap:

BTownTeamsRKing
05-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Ray Ray will have a huge game and the Celtics advance to face cleveland.

ManRam
05-15-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm just pissed we have to wait until Sunday for this. Sooooo long. And there's no hockey either to help me survive. It's going to be a long 2+ days. I love baseball, but when it's playoff time, especially compared to game 7s in hockey and now in basketball...nothing is more boring.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Im feelen confident in my team going into this. Why? because we couldn't do any freaken worse than last game as far as offense.

The 4th quarter offense and much of the 3rd quarter offense was PATHETIC. awful, terrible, horrendous.

Doc needs to realize that they are focusing on Ray. Use that to your advantage. Have Ray set the pick instead. If they always have a guy stuck to him, then 2 guys on defense will get chopped by the pick.

Also, when things break down, GIVE THE BALL TO PIERCE. not rondo. Pierce can draw a foul out of nothing.

and this concludes my basketball talk until sunday. if i keep thinking about this til then, il go crazy in anticipation. time to actually live for a bit haha

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!

yanksknicksgmen
05-15-2009, 12:24 PM
boston by 1-5

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Well Boston has won it's last 3 home game 7's.

When will their luck run out?

I am also surprised more haven't picked the upset here. usually most fans pick the upset to happen in a game 7.

macc
05-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Science has proven that the Magic are going to win game 7 tomorrow. You're not gonna argue with science are you?

kimchi'sworld
05-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Gotta go with Boston. The homecourt will help them win by a few points. Allen will have to show up.

EX-TREME
05-16-2009, 05:24 PM
go magic

Corey
05-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Orlando's the stronger team, and are at full strength (basically, with the Nelson/Alston thing).

They should win, and are probably slightly favored...But I just can't see the Celtics losing a game 7 at home.

We'll see.

surf and turf
05-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Paul Pierce time,,,game over. Boston by 10.

surf and turf
05-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Win or lose, love em or hate em, hats off to the Celts for one hell of a gutsy performence in this playoffs. They never quit. All the overtimes with chicago, the big comeback,against Orlando,the little comeback against Orlando, the buzzer beater. Its been very memorable and win or lose they are doing it by playing like a Celtic. People always mention Garnett but the loss to Powe was devastating. He can play. They may not win a ring last year without him.

Burkey3472
05-16-2009, 09:09 PM
I feel that the Magic are the better team, but the Celtics are home, and home court in a game 7 is huge. Celtics win by a hair.

Angel
05-17-2009, 04:52 AM
Well Boston has won it's last 3 home game 7's.

When will their luck run out?

I am also surprised more haven't picked the upset here. usually most fans pick the upset to happen in a game 7.

That's exactly why I think they will lose. How long can they really keep this up especially without KG? As much as it pains me to say it Orlando wins this game by double digits. I think they will get ahead early and Boston for once won't be able to have an amazing comeback. Their luck has run out.

Reversed86Curse
05-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Win or lose it's been a great run for the Celtics. Orlando has the advantage with their bigs, but Celtics at home... Celtics by 3.

Celtics have been at a disadvantage injury wise thus far in the playoffs against teams deep with big guys, so if they pull it out, they will put up a good fight vs. Cleveland

BTownTeamsRKing
05-17-2009, 09:28 AM
i woke up today thinking this is the most important thing today. it just got put in perspective...

LETS GO CELTICS!!!! Do it for my family. bring something good to what could be an awful day.

EX-TREME
05-17-2009, 01:07 PM
we need this game. lets do this magic.

ManRam
05-17-2009, 01:14 PM
ManRamís game 7 breakdown:

Five things the Magic must do to win:

1) Dwight Howard must ďDominateĒ: According to Dwight- ďThat's the word of the week. Dominate! I woke up and ate some alphabet cereal and the first scoop I picked up was `dominate.' So I stirred the bowl up, picked it up again, and it was `dominate.' So I ate it." Instead of complainingg about teammates not getting him the ball, he needs to do what he did in game 6 and get the ball himself. Heís best offensively when he is creating his own chances off of rebounds, broken plays, and posting up LOW in the key.
2) Hedo needs to be the playmaker Orlando fans know he can be: For the last two years, Hedo has been the clutch performer for the Magic. Even with his struggles (37% shooting in the postseason), heís still hit some big shots in these playoffs. He needs to attack Pierce, and drive to the hoop much more frequently. He's best when he's attacking the hoop, and not settling for bad shots.
3) The shooting guards need to continue their amazing defense on Ray Allen: Redick hasnít been making his shots, but heís a big reason why Ray hasnít been either. The Magic can afford less production from the 2 than the Celtics can. Expect JJ to still get playing time, if not for his offense, but for his defense (weird). Courtney Lee needs to keep House in check, and in the second half, when Redick will probably be on the bench, he needs to hit his shots. Same goes for Pietrus. Play good defense, and make the open shots.
4) Rashard needs to assert himself, for all four quarters: Scalabrine and Big Baby cannot guard him. Heís gotten to the hoop far too easily. But still, in the fourth quarter heís shying away from attacking. He poses far too big of a match up problem for the Celtics to let it go to waste. They wont win unless Rashard exploits this.
5) Play hard defense: Easier said than done, but when the Magic hold their opponents to 90 or fewer points in the playoffs, they havenít lost (6-0). On Thursday they played shut down defense. Forcing turnovers, shot clock violations, and numerous bad shots. Keep slouching off of Rondo, keep pinching Pierce, and keep chasing Ray Ray. If they do all three of those things again, I like their odds. Stan Van Gundy's defensive scheme has been nothing short of brilliant. They may be known for their threes, but they'll win because of their defense.

Five things the Celtics must do to win:

1) ďAs Rondo goes, so do the CelticsĒ: The Magic left him blatantly open for most of Game 6. He needs to hit the open shots, and his pet shot the tear drop. He turned the ball over 5 times on Thursday, and if he does that again, the Cs will be in trouble. His assists are down this series, and his shots are up, which is exactly what the Magic want. He needs to prove them wrong, and show the League that you canít leave him open.
2) Control the defensive glass: Dwight torched the Celtics on the glass on Thursday, grabbing double digit offensive rebounds. The Magic canít run the offense through Dwight, but he can make the offense come to him. Heís going to do everything he can to dominate the offensive glass again, and position himself under the basket. The Celtics must make Howard work for his points, and take advantage of his horrific free throw shooting. He's not much a threat with the ball 10 feet out, but if he is getting the ball bellow the hoop, he will score.
3) Cut down the turnovers: The illegal screens, traveling, offensive fouls, bad passes, poor ball handling killed the Celtics in the 4th quarter. They were 28th in the regular season in TOs, averaging almost 16 a game, where Orlando averaged less than 14. 13 fourth quarter points isnít going to cut it. Their big fourth quarters stole them two wins. In all likelihood, the fourth quarter will make or break this series again.
4) Ray Allen needs to play like Ray Allen: Eddie House strikes more fear in me than Ray does right now, and that's not right. When JJ Redick is shutting you down, you know youíre struggling. He needs to start taking the ball to the hoop and posting up Redick. Running around screens all day just isn't working. The Celtics wonít win many more games with him shooting this poorly.
5) Offensive spacing: Especially if Rondo is getting left open, and Pierce is being ferociously doubled, the Celtics need to spread the court, and move the ball. They have enough shooters in Allen, House and Scal. When Rondo does get the ball, he must attack, and look to pass. His assists are way down in this series. When Pierce gets the ball, he must look for the skip pass, and the 4 on 3 that always opens up when someone is doubled. Their offense stagnated too much. Rondo was driving to the hoop, but the bigs werenít rotating in game 6. Perk can hit the 10-15 footer, as can Big Baby. They must utilize that. Use the fact that the Magic refuse to guard Pierce with only one person as an advantage.

Most important individual matchups:

Rashard Lewis vs. Glen Davis/Brian Scalabrine: Rashard poses the biggest match up problem for the Celtics. The Magic must utilize his ability to get to the hoop, and his ability to shoot the three and stretch the court for all four quarters, especially the fourth.
Ray Allen vs. JJ Redick/Courtney Lee/Mikael Pietrus: Simply put, Ray needs to start scoring. In the three loses vs. the Magic Allen has averaged 7 points. In the three wins, heís averaged 16. He needs to get going.

Prediction:

I think the Magic are the better team right now. They have outplayed the Celtics for the majority of the series. They have shown they can win on the road. However, they have also shown that they arenít nearly experienced enough to close out wins. This series should be over, but it isnít. Mix in the Magicís lack of experience, the Celticsí plethora of experience, and their home court advantage, I canít pick against the Celtics. Expect this to go down to the wireÖagainÖand yet again, the Celtics pull it out. Ray Allen isnít going to go down without a fight. Heíll be the difference maker.

Celtics win a close won. :cry:

JordansBulls
05-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Orlando has the best shot against Cleveland.

IndiansFan337
05-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Orlando has the best shot against Cleveland.

I agree 100%. I would much rather face Boston. Although, I do think that the Cavs will win regardless.

NYMetros
05-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Celtics by 5. Ray will need to find his groove though. He needs to make them pay for doubling Pierce. As does Rondo, but I see no reason why he can't.

LakersOrNothing
05-17-2009, 06:24 PM
I want Boston to win, and make it into the finals. I pray Lakers can do the same as well.. Nothing better then a repeat of Lakers vs Boston finals again (atleast for the Lakers and Boston fans). I'm taking BOSTON.

GO BOSTON! (even though I hate them lol) Yes this is from a Lakers fan.. Yes, screw you.

lavell12
05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Stan has said that Redick will start. Who ever would have thought JJ Redick would be playing b/c of his defense?

ManRam
05-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Stan has said that Redick will start. Who ever would have thought JJ Redick would be playing b/c of his defense?

It's seriously completely and utterly mind boggling.

Hopefully this game 7 is worth watching...unlike the Lakers/Rockets game. I'd be surprised if this game isn't decided late in the 4th.

mikey03
05-17-2009, 06:41 PM
^^magic fans, do you honestly think its been the "stellar" defense of redick thats held ray allen, or maybe the fact that hes simply missing shots he usually makes?

hah come on.
ray has been missing shots that are usually money.
redick has done his best but if rays shot was on, redick would be getting torched

ManRam
05-17-2009, 06:48 PM
^^magic fans, do you honestly think its been the "stellar" defense of redick thats held ray allen, or maybe the fact that hes simply missing shots he usually makes?

hah come on.
ray has been missing shots that are usually money.
redick has done his best but if rays shot was on, redick would be getting torched

It hasn't been stellar...but JJ is not giving Ray any room. He's doing a great job chasing Ray around all the screens, and getting a hand in his face. I really do think he has been playing good defense. It's hard to argue otherwise considering it's been a series-long slump Rays in...and especially considering how great of a shooter he is. Past a certain point, it's not just a matter of missing shots...gotta give JJ some credit here. He really isn't allowing any wide open shots at all. JJ and Courtney never help double any other player...they just stick on Ray like glue.

Ray is also not doing anything but running around screens. He has rarely tried to post Redick up, or take him to the hope. When you become that one-dimensional, anyone in the NBA can contain you to some extent.

Scouts Inc.'s preview...

Defensively, Redick has done the most consistent defensive job on Allen, as he locks onto Allen better and takes a tighter path in trailing him on the curl cut -- crowding Allen on the catch and disrupting his shooting rhythm. Allen has had better success against Courtney Lee, who tends to track Allen on a wider path, and Turkoglu, who abandons the game plan and allows Allen to fade to the corner. With Allen due for a breakout, Redick's early defense off the staggers will be a key in Game 7.

mikey03
05-17-2009, 06:51 PM
It hasn't been stellar...but JJ is not giving Ray any room. He's doing a great job chasing Ray around all the screens, and getting a hand in his face. I really do think he has been playing good defense. It's hard to argue otherwise considering it's been a series-long slump Rays in...and especially considering how great of a shooter he is. Past a certain point, it's not just a matter of missing shots...gotta give JJ some credit here. He really isn't allowing any wide open shots at all. JJ and Courtney never help double any other player...they just stick on Ray like glue.

Ray is also not doing anything but running around screens. He has rarely tried to post Redick up, or take him to the hope. When you become that one-dimensional, anyone in the NBA can contain you to some extent.

Scouts Inc.'s preview...

good post.
i can agree with that.
haha i just never imagined jj redick playing anything resembling good d.
but i suppose he has.
i think part of it is that as basically the same kinda player as ray, hes so accustomed to taking his man off those screens and hes using that to his advantage.

BUT, even with giving him credit, ray has just been flat out missing

ManRam
05-17-2009, 06:56 PM
good post.
i can agree with that.
haha i just never imagined jj redick playing anything resembling good d.
but i suppose he has.
i think part of it is that as basically the same kinda player as ray, hes so accustomed to taking his man off those screens and hes using that to his advantage.

BUT, even with giving him credit, ray has just been flat out missing

Oh...I definitely agree. No matter how good defense someone is playing...it's still Ray Allen we're talking about. He is missing a ton of shots. He's just off. The defense is only a small bit of it. I guarantee you Ray wont acknowledge the defense at all if he has another bad game. It's all on him now. And after all, it is JJ Redick. I act like I'm convinced it's just good defense...but seriously...JJ???

It's partially the individual defense, partially the defensive scheme SVG is running (which I love), and it's a lot to do with Ray Ray just being off. I hope if the Celtics lose, at least he goes down fighting.

mikey03
05-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Oh...I definitely agree. No matter how good defense someone is playing...it's still Ray Allen we're talking about. He is missing a ton of shots. He's just off. The defense is only a small bit of it. I guarantee you Ray wont acknowledge the defense at all if he has another bad game. It's all on him now. And after all, it is JJ Redick. I act like I'm convinced it's just good defense...but seriously...JJ???

It's partially the individual defense, partially the defensive scheme SVG is running (which I love), and it's a lot to do with Ray Ray just being off. I hope if the Celtics lose, at least he goes down fighting.

agreed on all points.
you as nervous for your squad as i am for mine?
haha well im out, good luck.
if we win, ill be back on later to give you props, if we lose...welll...lets just say i wont be on

lakersfan211
05-17-2009, 07:25 PM
i like boston to win game 7 which it pains me to say that cause im a laker fan.

macc
05-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Ya who would of thought that JJ would be playing the defense he has been. Well you have to give it to JJ, he's earned his starting spot today. Hopefully he can knock down his shots and we can get a convincing win.

ManRam
05-17-2009, 07:40 PM
agreed on all points.
you as nervous for your squad as i am for mine?
haha well im out, good luck.
if we win, ill be back on later to give you props, if we lose...welll...lets just say i wont be on

Haha. I'm extremely nervous.

Barkley just picked the Magic...and we all know he's the smartest man alive...so I'm feeling a little better.

Good luck to you too.

Eagles_Guy
05-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I'd like the Celtics to win only if there is a possibility of KG coming back against the Cavs at some point, other than that I don't care either way.

I more just want a good competitive game to watch after the blowout earlier today.

agoody117
05-17-2009, 08:03 PM
JJ looks like such a punk

Ryan328
05-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Here we go, should be good

Ryan328
05-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Alston for 3

KH12
05-17-2009, 08:13 PM
God I hate the Celtics PA announcer.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 08:14 PM
That intro gets me pumped everytime...

lets go Celtics :clap:

KmB728
05-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Its so quiet in the Garden... they gatta make some noise!

Ryan328
05-17-2009, 08:19 PM
10 pt lead

Corey
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Dwight's getting everything so far.

And what did Alston drink before the game? Jesus.

KH12
Go O-Town.

NYMetros
Rondo's defense is bad.

Angel
05-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Celtics are in deep trouble. The Magic are hitting all their shots. The Celtics should have put them away when they were missing all their shots last game. I said the Magic were going to get out ahead early and it would be too much to ask Boston to come back again. So far I was right and if Orlando keeps hitting shots the Celtics can not come back. Should have put them away last game but they folded and screwed themselves in the process.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 08:23 PM
:sigh: Another turnover

macc
05-17-2009, 08:23 PM
I liked the face up 3 by Lewis, I like it when he comes out confident

Corey
05-17-2009, 08:24 PM
This start for the C's is pitiful.

Cubs Win
05-17-2009, 08:24 PM
The Magic are tearing it up!

Angel
05-17-2009, 08:29 PM
That blocked layup by Allen proved exactly how this game was going to go. I don't care how injured your team is but, to get down by more than 10 in the first quarter at home is awful.

macc
05-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Magic up 10 end of the first

Angel
05-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Good bye Boston. You lost to a mediocre team. Doc Rivers should be fired. The title llast year had nothing at all to do with Rivers. He was just along for the ride. The team won that championship. I don't care how injured a team is you should never ever get down by double digits in the first quarter to an average team at home nonetheless.

agoody117
05-17-2009, 08:39 PM
the celtics got to start hitting their shots and hope that the magic slow down on the 3's

macc
05-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Good bye Boston. You lost to a mediocre team. Doc Rivers should be fired. The title llast year had nothing at all to do with Rivers. He was just along for the ride. The team won that championship. I don't care how injured a team is you should never ever get down by double digits in the first quarter to an average team at home nonetheless.

Waaaay to early to be saying that. Boston will grind it out till the end.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Celtics need to step it up big time

NYMetros
05-17-2009, 08:46 PM

A mediocre team that had 23 losses compared to Boston's 20? And most of the Celtics wins came with KG and Powe. They don't have either right now. Orlando is far from average. Hedo, Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis are all quality players that are better than Boston's current Big 3 of Pierce, Allen, and Rondo right now. Especially with Ray's struggles of late.

macc
05-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Celtics need to step it up big time

Nobody but Pierce and Allen are stepping up for you guys. Rondo should be driving and dishing more. They just give the ball to Pierce and hope he makes somthing happen instead of running pick and rolls and coming off screens which is what they're best at

KmB728
05-17-2009, 08:49 PM
You know your getting pounded on when Gortat puts a monter slam on you

agoody117
wow the celtics need a TO

macc
Gortat putting it down!

agoody117
05-17-2009, 08:51 PM
need to get it below double digits before half. I would be comfortable down by 7 or 8 at half.

agoody117
05-17-2009, 08:52 PM
bad bad bad turnover by marbury there.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2009, 08:53 PM
A mediocre team that had 23 losses compared to Boston's 20? And most of the Celtics wins came with KG and Powe. They don't have either right now. Orlando is far from average. Hedo, Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis are all quality players that are better than Boston's current Big 3 of Pierce, Allen, and Rondo right now. Especially with Ray's struggles of late.

Boston should still be playing better... You cant be out played this bad at home in a game 7... Its inexcusable.

NYMetros
05-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Boston should still be playing better... You cant be out played this bad at home in a game 7... Its inexcusable.

I'm not arguing with that one bit. The performance the C's are putting up right now is pretty laughable. But calling Orlando an average basketball team is false in every sense of the word.

GodsSon
05-17-2009, 08:55 PM
how does Rondo NOT get called for more fouls when he rushes and swipes at the guy getting a rebound,...he does it almost every missed possession too

Jay22Redd
05-17-2009, 08:57 PM
12pt difference from round one and two for allen

Jay22Redd
05-17-2009, 08:58 PM
nice steal

KmB728
05-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Ticky tacky foul, but ill take it

GodsSon
05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
what a bs call right there...lol garnett was setting much harder illegal picks throughout the playoffs last year

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:01 PM
crawling back into it :clap:

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:02 PM
That was a charge on Dwight! :mad:

Ryan328
05-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Pietrus!

agoody117
05-17-2009, 09:03 PM
3 on howard...

macc
05-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Meet the Browns is not funny at all.

Angel
05-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm not arguing with that one bit. The performance the C's are putting up right now is pretty laughable. But calling Orlando an average basketball team is false in every sense of the word.

I would call Orlando a slightly above average basketball team but they're not a great team or really even a good team.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Sugar Ray!

agoody117
05-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Ray allen!!

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Knights of Columbus!

Angel
05-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Way too many turnovers and bobbled passes. It's like Boston is playing with blindfolds on their eyes. When Dwight Howard is out they should be taking it to the basket not letting Perkins back guys into the paint. That's Doc's fault.

Angel
05-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Another turnover. I don't know why the let the clock run down like that. Get a quality shot. They are playing exactly like they were last game. Horrible.

jetsfan28
05-17-2009, 09:12 PM
The Magic were just robbed of a chance at 3 points, he was shooting

KmB728
Sloppy half, but they started to get it going towards the end there.

hopefully we can take over next half

macc
I would call Orlando a slightly above average basketball team but they're not a great team or really even a good team.

Keep drinking the hatorade

agoody117
05-17-2009, 09:13 PM
while I would like to see a better half by the celtics, I can deal with down by 7. Thats manageable for sure.

NYMetros
Homer call there by the officials. Rafer was shooting.

tr4shb0t
I'm not rooting for either team particularly, but I don't like the cheap plays by the Celtics to draw fouls and flop. Earn it.

And that one 3-second call when a celtic tripped was complete BS

macc
The Magic were just robbed of a chance at 3 points, he was shooting

Absolutely it was an obvious call that they missed

NYMetros

And you base that off of what?

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Lets go!

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Awhhhh terrible foul Perk

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Goaltending on D12! :mad:

Angel
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Rondo just put Dwight Howard on a poster yo.

Angel
05-17-2009, 09:40 PM
The Celtics can't keep getting beat one on one because that's exactly how Orlando is getting wide open 3 point attempts. Baby gets beat by Lewis every time he has the ball.

Corey
05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Our defense just sucks.

GodsSon
05-17-2009, 09:43 PM
JJ for threeeeeeeee!!

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:43 PM
:cry:

tdunk21
05-17-2009, 09:45 PM
good 7 point lead...

Angel
05-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Orlando is getting wide open looks and the Celtics have a defenders hand in their face on every attempt. Boston's defense is so bad right now I just don't think you can win a game when you keep leaving 3 point shooters wide open all game long. They need to stay with their man on the perimeter instead of getting sucked into the paint on penetrations. Don't they understand that 3 is more than 2. Stay with your man on the perimeter. It's not that hard.

agoody117
05-17-2009, 09:47 PM
rondo has been pretty much absent from this game

GodsSon
05-17-2009, 09:47 PM
LOL did anyone hear some dude yell out "hey swimsuit model"?

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Scal!

Angel
05-17-2009, 09:49 PM
That shoulld just about do it. Boston doesn't want to win this game. Do they realize Orlando is getting wide open looks from 3. I don't understand how they can keep allowing them to shoot uncontested 3 pointers all night. What the **** do they expect is going to happen? Seriously.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Sugar Ray!

Angel
05-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Wide open again. Boston needs to get some serious defenders this offseason because I have never seen a defense this bad in my entire life.

agoody117
05-17-2009, 09:55 PM
is it just me or does it seem like perkins can never get that ball to drop... why doesnt he just dunk it..

KmB728
05-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Nice way to end the quarter.

down 5 with a quarter to play.. lets go!

Ryan328
05-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Gonna be a good 4th

Angel
05-17-2009, 10:02 PM
I love how people keep coming in here and voting for Orlando on the poll when the game is almost over and Orlando has the lead. Bunch of phonies.

MelkyNYY
Please lose celtics. Please.

MelkyNYY
Goodbye Boston.

Cubs Win
05-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Make a run now Magic!

KmB728
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

MelkyNYY
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Boston should have lost at Chicago.

Cubs Win
05-17-2009, 10:05 PM
8-0 run to start the 4th. The Celts are on the brink of summer break if they dont get their act together real quick.

Angel
05-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Good bye Boston. Need to sign some good players this offseason to come off the bench. This is what happens when you don't close teams out in game 6 when you should have. Get ready for a long summer boys.

macc
05-17-2009, 10:06 PM
I don't know why Perkins thinks he can dunk on Dwight anytime he wants to, I think thats 2-3 man up blocks on Perk so far.

MelkyNYY
05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Hello Boston. Goodnight.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
:pray: one last run

Angel
It doesn't matter anyway because nobody in the league can beat Cleveland but I would have liked to see them win one more game and hope KG makes a surprise appearance but I guess not. Now I have to listen to how great Lebron is. It's going to be a long summer.

agoody117
that got to 16 really quick.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Now Pierce misses a foul shot :pity:

chicago lulz
05-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Let's go Orlando! I want to get this picture out of my sig.

MelkyNYY
05-17-2009, 10:12 PM
The Celtics are a terrible defensive team

KmB728
This is painful to watch

MelkyNYY
Ho was this team not eliminated?

Hawkize31
It doesn't matter anyway because nobody in the league can beat Cleveland but I would have liked to see them win one more game and hope KG makes a surprise appearance but I guess not. Now I have to listen to how great Lebron is. It's going to be a long summer.

Summer? Try decade.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 10:13 PM

:laugh:

This is one game my friend

regular season + KG the celtics were a defensive juggernaut

macc
05-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Its time to put in Adonyl Foyle so he can Dominate the rest of the game.

Angel
05-17-2009, 10:15 PM

Definitely. One of the worst defensive teams I have ever seen. They need to sign some good one on one defenders this summer real bad. Maybe Chris Andersen or Ron Artest. IDK but they need help big time. Even with KG this team can't win another title. Cleveland is too good. They need to add good players to keep up with them.

eric1501
05-17-2009, 10:16 PM
With this loss starting next year the Celts won't be that scary anymore. KG, Pierce, and Ray Ray will all be 1 year older. I don't think Ray Ray show his age but I think starting next year KG and Pierce start to decline.

Dynasty
05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Wow the Celtics are getting smacked

Hoopsadvocate
Looks like the cover is being put over Bostons coffin.

Angel
Well if you look at it the 4 best teams in the NBA are still in the playoffs so that's good. The Celtics need to get bench help real bad this offseason. Either that or they wait til 2010 and try to sign Dwayne Wade because that's when Ray Allen's salary comes off the books too. Even with KG though this Celtics team will never win another title. They need to add some big pieces.

KmB728
Dont lay down.. atleast finish with pride

eric1501
05-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Pierce keeps trickin free throws.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Well if you look at it the 4 best teams in the NBA are still in the playoffs so that's good. The Celtics need to get bench help real bad this offseason. Either that or they wait til 2010 and try to sign Dwayne Wade because that's when Ray Allen's salary comes off the books too. Even with KG though this Celtics team will never win another title. They need to add some big pieces.

How can you say that a healthy Celtic team has no chance at winning another title? they won 60 games!

MelkyNYY
05-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Wow this team.

Dynasty
With this loss starting next year the Celts won't be that scary anymore. KG, Pierce, and Ray Ray will all be 1 year older. I don't think Ray Ray show his age but I think starting next year KG and Pierce start to decline.

you can say that again...their time was now..

MelkyNYY
Ray Allen needs to learn to play defense.

eric1501
05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Celts can't even come close to getting the ball down low. This is getting really bad.

eric1501
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Gortat shuts the door on the Celts season.

Dynasty
Dwight Howard has BEEN in foul trouble and the Celtics make no answer..wow, I really was hoping for a Cavs-Celtics showdown but oh well

KmB728
Eddie Mansion!

borat
Can't wait to see the tears flowing from Pierce's face.

Very rewarding.

MelkyNYY
This is where Boston has to make a run. They need to play good defense and shut down this bench.

macc
05-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Why did Stan take Lee out of the game? He was moving the ball and creating open shots for himself and his teamates as well as playing lock down defense on House

MelkyNYY
05-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Kevin Garnett YOU MAD

29$JerZ
Why did Stan take Lee out of the game? He was moving the ball and creating open shots for himself and his teamates as well as playing lock down defense on House

Probably wants to rest him up for a bit so he can be a bit more rested in the final 3 minutes.

eric1501
Yeah why isn't Garnett barking like a dog right now?

MelkyNYY
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
How can you say that a healthy Celtic team has no chance at winning another title? they won 60 games!

Lebron would eat the Celtics, even at full strength.

Hoopsadvocate
I hope they do a close up of Garnett when the clock ticks down it would make a nice sig.

NBA_Starter
Looks like Magic vs. Cavs.

MelkyNYY
05-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah why isn't Garnett barking like a dog right now?

I love the ESPN bias towards Boston, I can't wait until they try and twist this to make it look like Boston got screwed over and would have won with Garnett.

They've done a great spin job of Garnett acting a fool on the bench.

MelkyNYY
Looks like Magic vs. Cavs.

Cavs in 4.

eric1501
Lebron would eat the Celtics, even at full strength.

Exactly. Even this year if KG came back for the East Finals, Bron Bron would be too much. Now the Celts have to wait another year as the "Big 3" get older and older.

nyKnicks126
05-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Finally the thing that Boston deserve is too finally loose!! Great job in securing that Orlando!!!!

Angel
05-17-2009, 10:27 PM

They can't beat Cleveland with a healthy KG unless they add some pieces. The Celtics team last year was way better than this years team. Losing Posey and PJ Brown was huge and unless they replace them with players that are just as good if not better they will never be able to compete with the Cavs not to mention KG, Pierce, and Allen are getting older.

MelkyNYY
05-17-2009, 10:28 PM
The Boston Celtic's all world point gaurd (Rajon Rondo) let Skip to my Lou destroy him

borat
I love the ESPN bias towards Boston, I can't wait until they try and twist this to make it look like Boston got screwed over and would have won with Garnett.

Of course. It's going to be about how Boston showed so much heart in the face of insurmountable odds. :laugh:

eric1501
Cavs in 4.

I agree with everything you say. Except I see you are a Yankees fan and they have simply made me a very upset man the last 3 games.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Within 12 :o

Angel
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM

They would have won this series easily if KG was heallthy though but they would never get by the Cavs.

Hoopsadvocate
05-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Nail!!!

macc
Turk w/ the dagger

nyKnicks126
So whats that 32-1 counting this game when Boston up by 3-2 in the playoffs?

MelkyNYY
I agree with everything you say. Except I see you are a Yankees fan and they have simply made me a very upset man the last 3 games.

3 great games. Twins are a good team.

Dynasty
05-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Starters back in for the Magic, give them the win already

borat
05-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Turk Daggers

KmB728
05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Good game Magic fans :clap: (Macc)

beat the Cavs for me! :laugh2:

ill be pullin for you guys the rest of the way

FaceDown91
celtics are defending champs no more!!!

MelkyNYY
Haha rondo

Angel
05-17-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't feel one bit bad for the Celtics because they deserve this loss. When you don't put a team away in game 6 when your leading the game in the 4th quarter and the other team is playing like crap then it's our own fault. They deserve everything they are getting right now and it actually makes me crack a smile. Maybe they will fire Doc Rivers and start replacing their weak *** bench this summer.

KmB728
celtics are defending champs no more!!!

Yes they are! until a new champion is crowned that is..

eric1501
Skip to my lou!

29$JerZ
05-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Jameer sitting down but Alston with the Dagger.

MelkyNYY
This is embarassing.

Dynasty
by the way, Turk with 11 assists? whoa

MelkyNYY
SKIP to my mother****ing LOU

LakersOrNothing
Damn, I won't get to see Doc or KG go crazy..

Nice close-out by the Magics. Celtics played pretty bad from start to end.

macc
Cav's are in for a rude awakening.

Eagles_Guy
05-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Let Howard shoot the 3 he dreamed about!!!

Might as well lol

MelkyNYY
Full strength Celtics vs Full strength Cavs is easily Cavs in 6.

eric1501
LOL KG is acting like its all good. You know its not KG you can show your emotions.

Dynasty
it's always sad to see a team eliminated

SDBearsFan
Wooooooo!! Magic win!

Where's that wanna-be thug Garnett now? Oh yeah..sittin on the bench, quietly, like a bit&h.

KmB728
Well you cant win it every year... :sigh:

td0tsfinest
05-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Could this be the last game Leon Powe and Big Baby play in a Celtics uniform?

MelkyNYY
05-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Well you cant win it every year... :sigh:

Tell Lebron that for the next 15 years

GodsSon
^ i was just gonna say...someone should be mean-mugging KG right now for that **** he was pulling against Chicago

SDBearsFan
Nice dunk, MIkki Moore...the most you've done..all postseason.

king4day
This will be a great ECF.
Both conference finals are must see.
Celtics gave it a really good effort but the injuries were just too big.

I'm predicting the Magic take game 1 of the Cavs series.

macc
Good game Magic fans :clap: (Macc)

beat the Cavs for me! :laugh2:

ill be pullin for you guys the rest of the way

Hey you to man, it was a great series. Anytime two teams go to 7 games you know it's pretty even. Boston is actually a team I like and I like your players, esp Allen and Pierce. Boston will be back we know that for sure.

KmB728
Mikki Moore with the slam :clap:

Dynasty
blowout

MelkyNYY
Wooooooo!! Magic win!

Where's that wanna-be thug Garnett now? Oh yeah..sittin on the bench, quietly, like a bit&h.

No barking

theuuord
all i can say is:

wow.

theuuord
05-17-2009, 10:38 PM
congrats orlando, you just earned the right to be swept by the cavs.

SDBearsFan
^ i was just gonna say...someone should be mean-mugging KG right now for that **** he was pulling against Chicago

It should be a small guard, seeing as KG likes to try to bully them the most. So nice to see that thug go home. :clap::clap::clap:

MelkyNYY
Boston - Title Town.

Dynasty
Could this be the last game Leon Powe and Big Baby play in a Celtics uniform?

I've always wanted him in the Nets

29$JerZ
Melo vs Kobe

LeBron vs Dwight

NBA_Starter
101-82 Final

MelkyNYY
It's OVAH

SDBearsFan
Buh-bye, KG!

JoeRealist
05-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Goodnight Boston.

Cubs Win
Aww is Paul Pierce about to cry? :cry:

29$JerZ
:laugh2:

I forgot, Patrick guaranteed and was right. The streak is over,

KmB728
:sigh:

hopefully the Magic can take out Cleveland and LA...

next with KG back its on!

Dynasty
congrats Magic

MelkyNYY
The city of Boston, the greatest sports city in all of these United States. Go Sox, Bruins, and Celtics.

Celts got Turked.

SDBearsFan
05-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Dwight Howard, class act.

KmB728
05-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Boston - Title Town.

Your so ****ing arrogant

ironkobe
05-17-2009, 10:42 PM
am i the onlyone who thinks the magics can beat the cavs ?

macc
Good game/series Boston fans. You are all pretty classy individuals in my book. Boston will be back next year.

Hawkize31
Dwight Howard, class act.

Lol, he's got to watch KG be a douche all series and say nothing after the Celts lose?

Imo, a team that loses game 7 on their home court mostly because of Hedo Turkoglu is a team Lebron would have beat anyway.

KH12
Go Magic!

KmB728
05-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I guess its time to change my sig :(

nyKnicks126
Look at the luck Marbury gives teams.. He will NEVER win a title!

macc

No you're not the only one. Orlando has beat the Cavs 8 out of 11 times, their last 29 point win was no fluke. Stand by for ECF

Er1c
aww..i was hoping for a lakers vs celtics

tr4shb0t
05-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Great game by Magic. They definitely wanted it. Celtics had too many turnovers missed easy shots like layups to have even a chance.

Won't have to see Paul Pierce flop any more :clap:
Won't have to see KG no more :)

Rosh
How sweet it is.

MattyAction
I have a weird feeling that this stfufools guy just hopped on the Celtic bandwagon midseason last year, long after Doc Rivers was considered maybe the worst coach in the league and almost run out of town. Long after this team was spoon fed to him. Just a hunch...lol. The team got smoked out of their own building in a game 7, regardless of who was playing and how far they got without whats his name. Deal with it............

what54!?
well its now offical there will be new champs. go magic

Rosh
Won't have to see KG no more :)

Amen to that.

ManRam
05-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Great Magic basketball.

Great shooting, great defense, and Dwight Howard missing every shot that wasn't dunked in!

I'm sooooo pumped.

Great series. Celtics showed a ton of heart. Unfortunately for them, the Magic got hot at the right time. I'm sure they'll be back next year...ready to go.

Hoopsadvocate

Nope i think they have the best shot as there the only team with a dominant Center something nuggets, lakers and even the cavs themselves dont have. I wouldnt be surprised if the Magic win that series.

WhiteyBulger
Boston can not going into next season with a bench like that and expect to compete next season. They need to sign some players this summer because the bunch of losers they have now just will never be able to get it done. I'm actually glad they ost because now it forces Danny Ainge to make some major changes. I'd get rid of Doc Rivers first of all. Then I'd get rid of Marbury, Moore, House, and Tony Allen and replace them with better offensive and defensive players.

what54!?
btw the celtics were pathetic today. Getting blown out at home

ManRam
05-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Good game/series Boston fans. You are all pretty classy individuals in my book. Boston will be back next year.

I may be biased because I've lived in Boston for half of my life...but I totally agree. If there's any team I would want to lose to, it's the Celtics. Classy organization, great team, and great fans.

WhiteyBulger
05-17-2009, 10:46 PM

Nobody can beat the Cavs. They're on a whole different level than the other 3 teams.

FaceDown91
05-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Amen to that.

x3

WhiteyBulger
05-17-2009, 10:49 PM
btw the celtics were pathetic today. Getting blown out at home

Yeah that's unexceptable. Danny Ainge needs to make some major moves so that never happens again. He needs to add some big pieces because the Big 3are getting older. They realistically have next year and the year after to try and get another title and that's it and, they can't do it with the supporting cast they have now.

carter15
05-17-2009, 10:49 PM
i am so happy boston is gone and even happier pierce choked these playoffs.

magic i think can keep it close with cleveland at least....i guarantee cavs streak of wins by 10 or more wont reach 12 games :P

GodsSon
05-17-2009, 10:52 PM

im not so sure...if thibodeau leaves as many are expecting, then Boston's defensive schemes are gone...and i guess we'll all get to see the REAL Doc Rivers as head coach lol