PDA

View Full Version : Whats next for CHAD DAWSON?

ULT WARRIOR408
05-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Chad Dawson beat down ANTONIO TARVER for the second time & im curious as to when & who he'll fight next?I heard some rumblings about CARL FROCH or MIKKEL KESSLER moving up in weight to fight him but I doubt it.Now he said himself that he dose not wanna fight GLEN JOHNSON again but he would if he had too.

WHO DO YA'LL THINK HE SHOULD FIGHT NEXT?

jetsforever
05-14-2009, 09:21 PM
this guy is really good. I seriously dont no what's next but it has to be something bigger. Tarver is long past gone. Froch would be an interesting battle. I think Dawson would actually beat froch, he can finish the job (unlike jermaine "Pathetic" Taylor)

ULT WARRIOR408
05-14-2009, 09:42 PM
I wanna see him fight B-HOP.:box:

H.E.R.
05-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Hopkins has said before he doesn't want to fight Dawson. He says if he wins, he puts a halt to one of boxing's better young guys in the higher divisions. He also doesn't want to be the stepping stone to Dawson either should he lose. I completely agree with Hopkins's stance on this one.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't impressed at all with Dawson-Tarver. Tarver showed no power and Dawson showed horrible endurance. It did nothing for his career, even if Tarver was previously undefeated in rematches. It was long. It was boring. Would've lit a spark in the boxing community had he knocked him cold like he should've. It also didn't help casual boxing fans as this was played right after the Pacquiao-Hatton replay.

Next move: Either man up and fight Glen Johnson or move up and fight Adamek in the Cruiserweight division.

TheRedMarauder
05-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Next move: Either man up and fight Glen Johnson or move up and fight Adamek in the Cruiserweight division.

Saying he needs to man up makes it seem as if he doesn't want to fight tough competition. The fact is the Tarver rematch had to happen as it was part of the deal to even make the first fight for him to win the title. Dawson would love to fight with Hopkins, but Hopkins wants no part of him, so who's ducking who?

H.E.R.
05-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Saying he needs to man up makes it seem as if he doesn't want to fight tough competition. The fact is the Tarver rematch had to happen as it was part of the deal to even make the first fight for him to win the title.

He's stated before that he has no wish to fight him again. Dawson was clearly getting hurt during some of the middle and the last three rounds yet somehow the judges gave him a unanimous decision. You tell me why he doesn't want to fight Johnson.

Dawson has shown better skills before the second Tarver fight. The only competition left in the light heavyweight division is Glen Johnson though. Now he doesn't want to fight him? It's not a knock on Dawson, but the only other notable name other than Tarver and Johnson on his resume is Adamek and I doubt it's the same fight as their first should he move up to cruiserweight. I do take into account he is a very young fighter still, but the fact remains is that in the few times I agree with Max Kellerman...he's a B fighter in a C division.

Dawson would love to fight with Hopkins, but Hopkins wants no part of him, so who's ducking who?

Hopkins is 44 and proved that he could defeat some of the best the sport has to offer. Some say he beat Calzaghe (even managing to knock him down) and he annihilated Pavlik. You can't fault the man for wanting to get back into the ring on his own terms. He's not the champion where he needs to fight the best to prove himself further. The next time he loses convincingly, boxing analysts will just say he's finally hit the wall at his old age. He beats Dawson...well I already told you that scenario. It's just not good for boxing.

ULT WARRIOR408
05-26-2009, 08:55 PM
:box:CHAD DAWSON is in negotiations with GLEN JOHNSON for a rematch he also vacates his title.