PDA

View Full Version : Darius Miles charged with Marijuana Possesion

superkegger
05-14-2009, 07:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtmRJ2Aremp0JI4aK82LA1i8vLYF?slug=ap-grizzlies-milescharged&prov=ap&type=lgns

ST. LOUIS (AP)—Memphis Grizzlies forward Darius Miles(notes), who was suspended last season for violating the NBA’s anti-drug program, was free on bond Thursday after being charged with possession of marijuana.

The 27-year-old Miles was alone in his car in suburban Fairview Heights, Ill., Wednesday night when an officer pulled him over for allegedly failing to use a turn signal, police Sgt. Steve Evans said. During a search of the car, Evans said police found a small amount of marijuana in a plastic bag in the passenger compartment.

Miles was ticketed for driving with a suspended license and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession because the amount of the drug was less than 2.5 grams, which would have been a felony. He was later freed on $100 bond.

A message was left Thursday by The Associated Press with a woman who answered a Belleville phone listed under Miles’ name. It was not immediately clear if Miles had an attorney. A call to a number for an agent who has represented Miles when unanswered.

Miles was playing for Boston when he was suspended without pay for 10 games last season for violating terms of the league’s anti-drug program at the end of the 2007-08 season.

Classy.

Vinny642
05-14-2009, 07:41 PM
:pity: wow he got caught, some athletes are dumb.

Sport
05-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm stunned.

I thought he was a good boy.:rolleyes:

_Sn1P3r_
05-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Haha wow, just when he tried to re-start his career, this happens.

bleedprple&gold
05-14-2009, 07:45 PM
:pity: wow he got caught, some athletes are dumb.

In all fairness, he did get pulled over for failing to use a turn signal. How many cops would actually pull you over for that? He probably just got pulled over cuz he was a black guy driving a nice car. Also, why did the officer feel it was necessary to search his car??

Vinny642
05-14-2009, 07:47 PM
In all fairness, he did get pulled over for failing to use a turn signal. How many cops would actually pull you over for that? He probably just got pulled over cuz he was a black guy driving a nice car. Also, why did the officer feel it was necessary to search his car??

yea its ****ed up

_Sn1P3r_
05-14-2009, 07:48 PM

Ahh good point, maybe 'cause it was Darius Miles. ^ :shrug:

Vinny642
05-14-2009, 07:50 PM
I woulda been like OMG lemme get an autograph. Then I'd be like wanna see mines then give him the ticket.

GregOden#1
05-14-2009, 07:54 PM

In all fairness to the police officers, Darius Miles forgot to use a turn signal while driving with a suspended license while carrying marijuana. That's grade A ********.

superkegger
05-14-2009, 07:59 PM
In all fairness to the police officers, Darius Miles forgot to use a turn signal while driving with a suspended license while carrying marijuana. That's grade A ********.

I expect no less from ol' Darius.

Jambox5000
05-14-2009, 08:01 PM

probably because it smelled like weed, Einstein.:clap:

championships
05-14-2009, 08:04 PM

Some how I doubt that excuse. I'm pretty sure he has dark limo tint on his car. It said it was at night so there is no way you could see inside his car. I would guess the cop could smell it as soon as Miles rolled down the window. Hot boxed Cheech and Chong style

Chronz
05-14-2009, 08:05 PM
That sucks, but cmon now hes just getting a misdemeanor for not obeying a silly law (Not talking about the traffic laws, thats just lazy) and even that isnt a big whoop

Testaverde16
05-14-2009, 08:11 PM
cant blame him.... must be miserable with how his life turned out..

bleedprple&gold
05-14-2009, 08:16 PM
probably because it smelled like weed, Einstein.:clap:

Well, we don't know that for sure, but I wouldn't doubt it...

Jay22Redd
05-14-2009, 08:17 PM
no excuse for this

bleedprple&gold
05-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Some how I doubt that excuse. I'm pretty sure he has dark limo tint on his car. It said it was at night so there is no way you could see inside his car. I would guess the cop could smell it as soon as Miles rolled down the window. Hot boxed Cheech and Chong style

I'm not trying to make excuses for him. What he did was pretty dumb, especially if the car smelled like weed, but getting pulled over for failing to use a turn signal? I feel like there must have been more to it than that. How many times a day do you make turns without using a turn signal and think nothing of it...

DitchDat
05-14-2009, 08:34 PM
this guy has to get his head straight for real

championships
05-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm not trying to make excuses for him. What he did was pretty dumb, especially if the car smelled like weed, but getting pulled over for failing to use a turn signal? I feel like there must have been more to it than that. How many times a day do you make turns without using a turn signal and think nothing of it...

0 When there is weed in the car!!:eyebrow:

IndyRealist
05-14-2009, 09:10 PM
cant blame him.... must be miserable with how his life turned out..

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2007/08/darius_miles_rolls_deep.html

Yup, absolutely miserable.

http://proathletesonly.com/news/locker-room/darius-miles-plays-for-grizzlies-costs-blazers-18-million-on-salary-cap/

Not like he's made $9M last year, and $9M this coming year.

Catfish1314
05-14-2009, 09:40 PM
No way. Not Darius Miles.

bostncelts34
05-14-2009, 11:17 PM

i got pulled over for not using a turn signal, ending up losing my license since it put me over my surcharge limit.

theuuord
05-14-2009, 11:32 PM
lol @ people acting like having less than 2.5 grams of weed constitutes a felony

since when is weed a big deal?

DreamShaker
05-14-2009, 11:33 PM
lol @ people acting like having less than 2.5 grams of weed constitutes a felony

since when is weed a big deal?

Since it became illegal?

theuuord
05-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Since it became illegal?

so is jaywalking but you don't see cops busting every dude in new york city who walks from block to block.

DreamShaker
05-14-2009, 11:46 PM
so is jaywalking but you don't see cops busting every dude in new york city who walks from block to block.

Not everyone who smoked weed gets busted either. But if you are stupid enough to get caught then you deserve to be reprimanded.

dawkinit
05-14-2009, 11:46 PM
first off.... of course darius miles smokes weed. hes young rich and plays a game for a living, the dude has time to kill,money to spend and drugs to do.

secondly, if no one is shocked, and the law isnt shocked why does anyone care? hell get a slap on the wrist(prolly for like the 50th time) and be on his way no big deal.

and on a final note, he was obviously smoking while driving, or the cop knew in some other way... its rare you hear of someone getting pulled over for failing to use a turn signal... so yeah dumbass

SeoulBeatz
05-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Darius has got to get his act together, but i dont blame him for smokin weed.

Deaths caused by alcohol in U.S last year: 75,000+

Deaths caused by weed use in U.S last year: 0.

look it up, no one in the history of mankind has ever overdosed on weed.

its funny, if alcohol were a drug, it would be the worst drug ever.

you need to take a lot to feel ****ed up and when u have enough u lose ur ability to speak, control your body, ability to make good judgment, and eventually u either pass out, or if u drink too much u could die.... yeah sounds great.

whens the last time you ever heard of someone smokin a joint and beating their wife from rage? nah, never happens, its all alcohol man.

all ur gonna do if u smoke weed is lay back, relax, feel good, and maybe get hungry.

ur not gonna kill anyone in a car accident or get all amped up on booze.

if Barack did it, it can't be that bad folks... u gotta decide for urself.

theuuord
05-14-2009, 11:49 PM

you need to take a lot to feel ****ed up and when u have enough u lose ur ability to speak, control your body, ability to make good judgment, and eventually u either pass out, or if u drink too much u could die.... yeah sounds great.

whens the last time you ever heard of someone smokin a joint and beating their wife from rage? nah, never happens, its all alcohol man.

all ur gonna do if u smoke weed is lay back, relax, feel good, and maybe get hungry.

I ate a whole pizza last night. I will not say why I was so hungry. All I know is my stomach was not happy about it in the morning.:p

mzgrizz
05-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Check out "Reefer Madness" movie (circa 1920's)for the SHOCK value of marijuana use. Yes, it's illegal;yes he was dumb enough to get caught; yes, his two strikes you're out rule is prolly going to be enforced;yes we now have yet another $M or so in our fantasy cap space!

Chronz
05-15-2009, 02:11 AM
0 When there is weed in the car!!:eyebrow:

lol true especially when you have a suspended license

Havoc Wreaker
05-15-2009, 03:16 AM

Yeah the police is at fault cause he is a racist pig :rolleyes:

"The next time you get robbed, called a crackhead"

RISE ABOVE
05-15-2009, 04:14 AM
so lame.. who the f u c k cares... The sad thing is this guy had talent and upside & now he's going down hill fast.

blackjack_119
05-15-2009, 06:02 AM
so lame.. who the f u c k cares... The sad thing is this guy had talent and upside & now he's going down hill fast.

But when he smokes weed, it feels like he is going down hill really, really slowly.

DreamShaker
05-15-2009, 08:26 AM
But when he smokes weed, it feels like he is going down hill really, really slowly.

:laugh2:

Gizzaster
05-15-2009, 09:11 AM
I dont understand what the problem with what he did is other than driving with a suspended license. Lot of the NBA players smoke weed, actually many people smoke weed. It isnt bad and people over-react with **** like this all the time.
Sooner its legalized the better off we will all be

bogdanrom
05-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Check out "Reefer Madness" movie (circa 1920's)for the SHOCK value of marijuana use. Yes, it's illegal;yes he was dumb enough to get caught; yes, his two strikes you're out rule is prolly going to be enforced;yes we now have yet another $M or so in our fantasy cap space!

I'm sorry but I don't trust any movie from the 1930's about marijuana because they did not know anything about marijuana. Most of it was the government lying to the public and the rest was speculation on what marijuana can do to you. I'm not advocating the use of marijuana in any way but don't trust a 1930's movie. It's Hollywood, they like to make it look like worse than it actually is. And another thing it was financed by a church, who I'm pretty sure wouldn't want marijuana legal. Back then marijuana was referred to and labeled as the "negro" drug. Saying that only black people used it, and that if a white male of female used it was because a black demon corrupted their soul and other stupid stuff like that. In one report from the that time it said that use of marijuana will make a white woman more sexually attractive to black people and less intelligent too.
Sorry to off topic here. :p Darius Miles has messed up so many times. Yeah the cop was kind of a "dicc" to stop Miles for failing to put his turn signal, but then it's illegal.

theimortalone
05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Idiot! :pity:

Punkindrublic03
05-15-2009, 10:13 AM
what do you expect from and X Jailblazer!

IBleedPurple
05-15-2009, 10:31 AM

While I am totally on your side of the argument, the alcohol deaths likely include driving, etc. There were deaths last year from marijuana use, not an overdose, but lung/throat cancer, emphysema, and I'm sure a few driving incidents also.

I'm sorry but I don't trust any movie from the 1930's about marijuana because they did not know anything about marijuana. Most of it was the government lying to the public and the rest was speculation on what marijuana can do to you. I'm not advocating the use of marijuana in any way but don't trust a 1930's movie. It's Hollywood, they like to make it look like worse than it actually is. And another thing it was financed by a church, who I'm pretty sure wouldn't want marijuana legal. Back then marijuana was referred to and labeled as the "negro" drug. Saying that only black people used it, and that if a white male of female used it was because a black demon corrupted their soul and other stupid stuff like that. In one report from the that time it said that use of marijuana will make a white woman more sexually attractive to black people and less intelligent too.
Sorry to off topic here. :p Darius Miles has messed up so many times. Yeah the cop was kind of a "dicc" to stop Miles for failing to put his turn signal, but then it's illegal.

I think his point was to watch that movie purely FOR the schock value and to give a good example of the point you are making. If you watch it, you will see how ridiculous it was.

As for Darius, that is just being stupid. Sorry, but if you can't give it up for the chance to make millions of dollars, you are a moron

DMessina508
05-15-2009, 10:45 AM
so what if it was in massachusetts he would have just got a fine...maybe hes better at ball when hes high

Chronz
05-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Yea if I had millions (**** thousands even) of dollars riding on me staying clean and out of trouble then your a moron if you dont think your life out. Ive changed my stance

But I doubt he was high while he was driving, hed be looking at alot more than possession charges right now.

Trouble87
05-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Shame this happened just when he was starting to kinda get his career going again

eagles4444
05-15-2009, 06:46 PM

ill go ahead and advocate marijuana use for you... marijuana isnt a drug and many professional athletes smoke frequently

besides why was this cop searching his car... unless when he rolled his window down a bunch of smoke rolled out... i would consider that probably cause

Chi-Town Finest
05-15-2009, 06:53 PM
What an idiot!!!!

mzgrizz
05-15-2009, 07:00 PM

Sorry, I didn't express well my sarcasm about that old movie.....it was really funny and stupid and over the top dumb. It is a classic,campy movie.
:smoking:

Vinny642
05-15-2009, 07:22 PM
u dont see cp doin weed lol

Kakaroach
05-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Jail-Blazer much? What else did you expect of this guy? Still a little glad he took out Portland in the FA Market though.

Theanswer76
05-16-2009, 01:41 PM
u dont see cp doin weed lol

Wouldnt be surprised if he does/did. Im pretty sure a lot of players do it just a lot of them dont make the mistakes Miles does.

mrblisterdundee
05-16-2009, 05:10 PM
It's time for Darius Miles to do a Van Wilder sequel. Was he in that other sequel? He can be the perpetual college basketball player who gets high with the coolest kid on campus. I see his careers mimicking Robert Chong's.

superkegger
05-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Yea if I had millions (**** thousands even) of dollars riding on me staying clean and out of trouble then your a moron if you dont think your life out. Ive changed my stance

But I doubt he was high while he was driving, hed be looking at alot more than possession charges right now.

Yeah. It's just really stupid of him to be driving on a suspended license. With everything he has riding on rehabing his image. To do that, and then to have weed in the car, just dumb.

Tblaze
05-16-2009, 06:58 PM
So can we take him off our cap now again :( ?

Vinny642
05-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Wouldnt be surprised if he does/did. Im pretty sure a lot of players do it just a lot of them dont make the mistakes Miles does.

I would

Strumpy
05-16-2009, 07:33 PM
No wonder the Celtics didn't sign him! We just decriminalized it!:smoking:

Cromedome
05-16-2009, 08:47 PM

He's dumb for driving with weed while having a suspended license ...but lets be serious... he REALLY got pulled over for being a TALL black man in a nice car.

In all fairness to the police officers ? LOL.

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Is he the same guy that got arrested a few years ago for trying to take pot onto a plane? Guy doesn't seem like he learns from his mistakes at all. And while it is unusual to get pulled over for failing to signal, if it is a slow day, a cop will look for any reason to stop drivers. I've gotten pulled over for having an expired inspection sticker.
While I realize that pot isn't a horrible drug, I'd prefer that people smoking it not be driving a car. And why does he have a suspended license?

jmastert
05-19-2009, 09:26 AM
let him toke up who cares. hes just stupid for getting caught

The Ooh Child
05-19-2009, 10:07 AM
This reporter said that over 2.5 grams is a felony? That can't be right. Pretty sure anything under an ounce is a misdemeanor (as long as it isn't broken out in baggies).

Cops have busted me for weed before, so I can't really say anything about old Darius

Kianwe
05-19-2009, 10:08 AM
He's dumb for driving with weed while having a suspended license ...but lets be serious... he REALLY got pulled over for being a TALL black man in a nice car.

In all fairness to the police officers ? LOL.

A tall black man in a car like this??
http://nbanoise.blogspot.com/2007/08/darius-miles-pimped-out-ride.html

I don't know about you but if I were a cop, I'd stop it just to see who the hell was driving that!