PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for the Dallas Mavericks to consider trading Dirk Nowitzki and get young?

JordansBulls
05-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Is it time for the Dallas Mavericks to consider trading Dirk Nowitzki and getting younger?

Dirk is a great player and he is a player I would like the Bulls to pursue. However on the Mavericks team now he will be 31 years of age this summer. It doesn't seem like the Mavs have a chance to get better anytime soon with the payroll they have. Should they trade Dirk now to get some young players in return?

Like maybe getting guys like Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas in return?

Draco
05-14-2009, 03:38 PM
They should also consider trading Jason Kidd for Devin Harris.

superkegger
05-14-2009, 03:43 PM
It's going to be hard for Dallas to do much of anything with Terry and Dampier making 20+ million for the next two years. So while it would be great to be able to get young, when you have two cap hogs like that, it's going to be hard. I think if they're going to trade dirk, they do it as the last move after moving terry and dampier, if they can do that, that is. Otherwise you have no real go to guy and you're worse off than before.

jehovah joe
05-14-2009, 03:43 PM
trade him to the warriors... we'll give you monta and b. wright

what54!?
05-14-2009, 03:44 PM
It's going to be hard for Dallas to do much of anything with Terry and Dampier making 20+ million for the next two years. So while it would be great to be able to get young, when you have two cap hogs like that, it's going to be hard. I think if they're going to trade dirk, they do it as the last move after moving terry and dampier, if they can do that, that is. Otherwise you have no real go to guy and you're worse off than before.
I agree with this

Raps18-19 Champ
05-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Dirk for Bargnani, Kapono and Banks

C-Dampier
PF-Bargnani
SF-Howard
SG-Terry
PG-Kidd

C-Nowitzki
PF-Bosh
SF-Marion
SG-Parker
PG-Calderon

superkegger
05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Plus the more I look at it, the problem with this team is not Dirk. The dude did everything he could in these playoffs, but he got little help. It's the team around Dirk that is the problem, not Dirk.

what54!?
05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Dirk for Bargnani, Kapono and Banks

C-Dampier
PF-Bargnani
SF-Howard
SG-Terry
PG-Kidd

C-Nowitzki
PF-Bosh
SF-Marion
SG-Parker
PG-Calderoncome on man you know if dirk is going to the raps bosh is going to the mavs.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
come on man you know if dirk is going to the raps bosh is going to the mavs.

Bosh for Nowitzki?

Nah. Bosh can get us better.

Bargnani is like Dirk anyways. He just needs to develop.

Hellcrooner
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Dirk playing center? MUAH AH HA AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHA

theimortalone
05-14-2009, 03:59 PM
come on man you know if dirk is going to the raps bosh is going to the mavs.

Exactly what I was thinking.

ManRam
05-14-2009, 03:59 PM
They had their chance when they choked vs. the Heat. Their glory days are fading. It's time to either make a huge trade and bring a mega stud or two in to help him (the Celtics method) or blow it up and rebuild. They can't be idle this off-season.

Sixerlover
05-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Mark Cuban shouldn't have panicked when the Lakers got Gasol. It's a shame looking back really.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-14-2009, 04:01 PM
You guys would really trade Bosh for Nowitzki?

Cuz I wouldn't.

what54!?
05-14-2009, 04:07 PM
You guys would really trade Bosh for Nowitzki?

Cuz I wouldn't.no bosh is 24-25 and dirk is 30 or 31.

black1605
05-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Dirk and Kidd for Felton, Diaw, Nazr

CaptainJack1
05-14-2009, 04:31 PM

No we won't! Nowitzki to the Clippers for Jordan and a 1st.

Catfish1314
05-14-2009, 04:33 PM
SK is right. The reason behind the Mavericks shortcomings have very, very little if anything at all to do with Dirk. He's not aggressive as he should be sometimes, but that's really his only weakness. He's been labeled by some as a choker because of what happened in the Finals and the next year against Golden State, but they forget he sealed the Game 7 win in San Antonio and dropped 50 on Phoenix in one of the later games to get Dallas to the Finals that year in the first place.

They're getting older and they're not as deep as they used to be. Dirk is their only keeper but other than Terry he's the only one who's above average on the tradeable meter. Howard's reputation he earned over the summer is probably still hanging over him in the eyes of many NBA executives and not only is Erick Dampier worthless, his contract is ridiculous. If the Mavs have any expiring contracts, it's them who should get in the Tyson Chandler sweepstakes. If the Suns make Shaq expendable again this summer or at the deadline next season, I think Dallas would be wise to listen to that too.

superkegger
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm just curios as to what possible trades for Dirk the Mavs could make that would make them better? If they trade him for a couple pieces, then they have some young pieces with old veterans who just aren't on the same level. And if you trade Dirk, it would probably kill their chances of re-signing Kidd this offseason, as he wants a ring, not to be a mentor to a rebuilding project. Lose Dirk and Kidd and the Mavs are where? Even with the pieces they could bring in for Dirk, I would doubt they make the playoffs if they trade him.

azkarraga
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
i voted no. id trade everybody else, including kidd (and it hurts me writing this)

Norg
05-14-2009, 04:41 PM
naaa the only time 2 do that is when u have like back to back losing season meaning u dont make the post season milk it till it dont work i say

Hellcrooner
05-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Dirk For odom and Ariza

Bluffmasta
05-14-2009, 04:48 PM
the thing i cant understand about dallas is that they let nash leave via free agency because he wanted too much money or he was gettign old and they wanted to get yougn so tehy got harris and then traded him for kidd, they need to make some moves for enxt year because tehy have teh core of players who have lost int he playoffs for several years now i think they shud trade one of their key guys

Raps18-19 Champ
05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
If they pick is a top 3 pick

Dirk for Marion, Kapono, 1st pick and Banks

Draft Thabeet

C-Bargnani
PF-Bosh
SF-Nowitzki
SG-Parker
PG-Calderon

C-Thabeet
PF-Marion
SF-Howard
SG-Terry
PG-Kidd

mrblisterdundee
05-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Jason Kidd is versatile, but too old and slow. Dirk is a great player, but is too soft to lead a team to a championship.

Kidd's contract should be left to expire. Then the Mavericks should pick up Raymond Felton out of Charlotte.

When the Lakers fail against the Cavaliers in the finals, Dallas can talk to them about Andrew Bynum for Dirk Nowitzki. Kobe isn't getting any younger and Bynum is making too much money for how young and undeveloped he is. I think the Lakers would be interested in a front court of Pau and Dirk.

Josh Howard should be kept at the shooting guard position. Brandon Bass should be given the starting power forward position. Gerald Green should be given a chance at small forward. Felton will play point guard and help Barea develop.

After that, all Dallas needs to do is find a way to get rid of Terry and Dampier.

Dallas:
C - Bynum
PF - Bass
SF - Green
SG - Howard
PG - Felton

Los Angeles:
C - Pau
PF - Dirk
SF - Ariza
SG - Kobe
PG - Fisher (and Kidd if they pick him up in FA)

Hellcrooner
05-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Pau and Dirk with no bynum,.......

nto a good idea.....SOftest F court ever...

blacknell
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Nope he is the only player on the team who should not be moved he does all the work by himself we need to bring him in some help

shep33
05-14-2009, 05:06 PM
get rid of everyone except Dirk, Terry, Bass, and Barea. Trade Howard and someone else, and picks maybe for Bosh or Shaq for a little less. Maybe pick up Andre Miller as Kidd is gonna be gone. I think Cuban is willing to try getting Shaq, but I say go after Andre Miller, and trade Howard and picks maybe some other players for Bosh. But try and get Shaq or Bosh, heck even Boozer.

thephoenixson28
05-14-2009, 05:08 PM
3 team trade

Shaq, villueneava, and richard jefferson to dallas + the 14th pick

Dirk and jason terry to phoenix

Jason richardson and josh howard to milwakee

What does anyone think about this trade.
I don't know if salary matches up

Randy West
05-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Plus the more I look at it, the problem with this team is not Dirk. The dude did everything he could in these playoffs, but he got little help. It's the team around Dirk that is the problem, not Dirk.

Agreed

Even if you want to get younger you still need a vet or two to build around. Dirk is not the problem on the team right now the supporting cast is what needs to be looked at. Dampier and Terry need to go for some younger talent......I mean you had a young pg in Harris who is going to do well only to get older trading him for Kidd.

The Mavs need Dirk and at 31 he still has a few playoff series left in him......you have a promising PF in Bass Terry and Dampier and the crazy contracts they have are what need to go......I think they should have kept Harris as well but hey can't undo that now.

GCOOKIE7
05-14-2009, 05:10 PM

If the Raps dip Bosh those 2 players could fit well.

Wilson
05-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Dirk For odom and Ariza

The Mavs would be getting horrendously ripped off, plus the Lakers already have more offensive fire power than they know what to do with...

I don't know, the Mavs might have gone as far as they can go with Dirk as their main guy. He would still make an excellent number two guy, but I don't know if there's any way they can get a great number one option on the perimeter to pair him with...

IBleedPurple
05-14-2009, 05:25 PM
I think it all depends on how the FO views the "mission" of the team. If they are in a win-now mode, they have to keep Dirk. I think to be championship contenders, they have to get 3 new starters, keeping Howard and Dirk. They also have depth issues. Outside of basically a starter in Terry, Bass and Barea are the only reserves I would keep.

They could trade Dirk to a team with youth that is looking to make the jump from building to winning, and I agree that the Bulls are a great fit. They are also out of the conference, making a trade more likely. Not sure about Atlanta's cap situation, but Dirk & Joe Johnson would be a great tandem.

dee279
05-14-2009, 05:36 PM

Yeah that is very well thought out. Terry is tradable but i dont see Dampier being able to be traded.

drobe86
05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
You guys are out of your minds. I'm gonna give you a 4 time all NBA 1st team player For guys like Bargani, Luol Deng, tyrus Thomas, and Ben Gordon? You guys are smoking the good stuff. If you not talking top 10 players, then don't talk to me. You gotta be kidding me!!! No way we trade Dirk for anything less than elite superstar players (chris paul,kobe, wade,lbj, dwight howard, tparker, etc)

thephoenixson28
05-14-2009, 06:22 PM
How about this 3 way trade

New orleans get: josh howard and shaq

Dallas get : David west and jason richardson

Phoenix gets: Dirk and peja

Starting 5
new orleans
C. Shaq
Pf.
Sf. Rasuel butler
Sg. Josh howard
Pg. Chris paul

Dallas mavs
C. Dampier
Pf. West
Sf. Bass
Sg. Jason richardson
Pg. Jason kidd

Phoenix suns
C. Amare
Pf. Dirk
Sf. Peja
Sg. Barbosa
Pg. Steve nash

Trade chandler to another team for a decent pf then you got yourself a squad not to mention saving money next year for new orleans

Lakersfan2483
05-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Is it time for the Dallas Mavericks to consider trading Dirk Nowitzki and getting younger?

Dirk is a great player and he is a player I would like the Bulls to pursue. However on the Mavericks team now he will be 31 years of age this summer. It doesn't seem like the Mavs have a chance to get better anytime soon with the payroll they have. Should they trade Dirk now to get some young players in return?

I can't see Cuban parting with Dirk as he is very partial towards him. As far as the Mavs, they definitely need to make some changes and get some younger talent on the team.

IU Hoosiers 3
05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
dirk said he wants to play 1 or 2 more years so no this is not going to happen

Game_Over
05-14-2009, 06:45 PM
No way Dirk is a beast!! Go out and get him some better help, I always say play for now not the future! Get rid of Kidd besides some big three's he really wasn't that great to me..

robdizzle3
05-14-2009, 06:48 PM

I absolutely agree.Dirk has done everything in his power for them to advance but he is only on person.You get Dirk a good center or get him a actual star point guard then he will be fine.Nash would probably love to reunite with his best friend,or you could go out and get a wing player that doesnt get hurt all the time like Josh Howard does.The Mavs need to do something and it doesnt start with Dirk.Look how having a good center helped Amare,and even though I hate to say it Luis Scola

Joshtd1
05-14-2009, 06:48 PM
No. Without Dirk, I dont see them making the playoffs unless they get someone of = value..which would be hard since he is a top player in the NBA.

Dirk is the least of their problems.

Big Game Son
05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
why would you want to put dirk at the c. man cant even defend other pf's. If anything you could slide him to the three. But that wouldnt rly work either.

superkegger
05-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Exactly. Get young, that's fine, just get young around dirk, and then consider trading dirk. Don't deal your best chip right away.

JJ81
05-14-2009, 07:05 PM
He should finish his career with the Mavs.

PennyMy#1
05-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes he should end his career in Dallas, and I'm pretty sure he will. Dirk said he would take pay-cuts to get more quality on the team. Cuban just should add some decent great guys NOW and not wait to the 2010 FA !

But, if he really should leave Dallas ... please bring him to O-Town !

aWiLL 20
05-14-2009, 07:17 PM
there is no way dirk doesnt hang his jersey up as a mav.

if howard was healthy...the mavs would still be playin and this thread will have never been made...the mavs are just a few pieces away...just like the celtics were...

give me shaq

nycericanguy
05-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Bosh for Nowitzki?

Nah. Bosh can get us better.

Bargnani is like Dirk anyways. He just needs to develop.

:confused:

nycericanguy
05-14-2009, 07:20 PM
If they pick is a top 3 pick

Dirk for Marion, Kapono, 1st pick and Banks

Draft Thabeet

C-Bargnani
PF-Bosh
SF-Nowitzki
SG-Parker
PG-Calderon

C-Thabeet
PF-Marion
SF-Howard
SG-Terry
PG-Kidd

come on man, whats with these silly trade ideas, why in the world would Dallas do that? who are they getting back? The pick would be ok but this is a weak draft and it would be a number 9 pick.

thedfactor
05-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Glad you see it this way, it's exactly correct.

thedfactor
05-14-2009, 07:36 PM
the thing i cant understand about dallas is that they let nash leave via free agency because he wanted too much money or he was gettign old and they wanted to get yougn so tehy got harris and then traded him for kidd, they need to make some moves for enxt year because tehy have teh core of players who have lost int he playoffs for several years now i think they shud trade one of their key guys
Though much of your typing here was awful, the key point is quite valid:clap:. It's definitely time for Dallas to clean out the last remnants of the past few playoff failures excluding Dirk. That means Josh, JET, Stack, and Damp. Just make shift the face of the Mavericks with some true help for Dirk and Kidd.

thedfactor
05-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Jason Kidd is versatile, but too old and slow. Dirk is a great player, but is too soft to lead a team to a championship.

Kidd's contract should be left to expire. Then the Mavericks should pick up Raymond Felton out of Charlotte.

When the Lakers fail against the Cavaliers in the finals, Dallas can talk to them about Andrew Bynum for Dirk Nowitzki. Kobe isn't getting any younger and Bynum is making too much money for how young and undeveloped he is. I think the Lakers would be interested in a front court of Pau and Dirk.

Josh Howard should be kept at the shooting guard position. Brandon Bass should be given the starting power forward position. Gerald Green should be given a chance at small forward. Felton will play point guard and help Barea develop.

After that, all Dallas needs to do is find a way to get rid of Terry and Dampier.

Dallas:
C - Bynum
PF - Bass
SF - Green
SG - Howard
PG - Felton

Los Angeles:
C - Pau
PF - Dirk
SF - Ariza
SG - Kobe
PG - Fisher (and Kidd if they pick him up in FA)
Felton cannot help Barea develop. Barea is the man, if not for his small stature he's easily just as good or better than Felton no doubt.

JordansBulls
05-14-2009, 08:15 PM
there is no way dirk doesnt hang his jersey up as a mav.

if howard was healthy...the mavs would still be playin and this thread will have never been made...the mavs are just a few pieces away...just like the celtics were...

give me shaq

What would it take for the Bulls to pry him away?

Spurred1
05-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Yes he should end his career in Dallas, and I'm pretty sure he will. Dirk said he would take pay-cuts to get more quality on the team. Cuban just should add some decent great guys NOW and not wait to the 2010 FA !

But, if he really should leave Dallas ... please bring him to O-Town !

Interesting thread overall. Looks like one Suns fan wants a Nash/Dirk reunion-Amare,Dirk, and Nash would be spectacular offensively and frighteningly bad defensively. But it would be terrific to watch, if nothing else.
Dirk to Orlando-that would be great-Dwight and Dirk together. But what would Orlando have to give the Mavs?
Dirk has already pretty much made his future plans clear-he's staying in Dallas. Of course, if the Mavs' f.o. doesn't acquire some younger players or more effective players to help him out, then he might change his mind. But the Mavs' aren't going to trade Dirk this offseason, because then the Mavs would suck, miss the playoffs, and let the Nets get a nice high pick.

still1ballin
05-15-2009, 09:43 PM
They need to surround more quality players around him. They should of kept Devin Harris.

loki34
05-15-2009, 10:00 PM
they don't need to trade dirk
they need a tough low post scorer to play with him

Master Mind
05-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Dirk's still the man in Dallas

lilboytwister99
05-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Ya know back in 2003 I moved to Plano (north side of Dallas) and followed the Mavericks religiously. I recall when they went to the Western Conference Finals and lost to the Spurs, who wound up beating the Nets in the Finals.

I also recall following them the years after and watched closely as they reached the NBA finals. For whatever reason, they choked.

Anyhow, here is my point..... Dirk has never been the problem. Do you really want to know where Dallas took its so called "downfall"?

When they lost Steve Nash.

Seriously. Dirk and Nash were the heart of that team. The team was never the same when Nash left.

If Dallas wants to rebuild, trading Dirk and Jason Kidd would be the answer. But, I don't see it happening because Mark Cuban and Dirk are close. Cuban won't let Dirk go.

I'd love to see Dallas land another superstar and make another run at a championship. I recall hearing not too long ago that Shaq had his eyes set on Dallas..... I can't say I protest this!

MJ-BULLS
05-15-2009, 10:39 PM
dirk is still good he just needs good players around him and they can become a great team, but i do wish that the bulls were to get him

blazerman
05-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Ya know, I really wouldnt be surprised to see a Blazer, Mavs trade this summer and if they were to something like this would be a good deal for both and I havent checked salaries to match this up but I have a good idea what everybody makes and Aldridge will be getting a big extension this summer anyway, but here it is:
Option 1
Mavs get: Lamarcus Aldridge( Dallas native)
Travis Outlaw
Jerryd Bayless
our 3.6 million dollar trade exception
This yrs 1st rd pick and 1 high second rd picks

Blazers get: Dirk Nowitzki
Brandon Bass (resign first)

Option 2
Mavs get:LaMarcus Aldridge(signed extension to even salaries)
Jerryd Bayless
Blazers 1st rd pick(24th)
Blazers get: Dirk Nowitzki

fans on both sides love their respective PF's as is but it would work well for both
Why for Mavs: would be getting Plenty of youth and 2 premier young talents

Why for the Blazers: Nowitzki and Bass would vault Blazers into title favorites and the Blazers do have cap space to acquire a vet point guard to add. I think if the Blazers made this deal they could win the next 3/4 straight. Also when Nowitzki hits 35/36 he would still be valuable because he would have a large expiring contract to trade.(Portland would have to re-up him for a few season's

Possibly Andre Miller as FA this summer the Blazers could go into next season with this lineup

A Miller/ Steve Blake at pg
B-Roy / Rudy Fernandez at sg
Webster/Batum at sf
Nowitzki/ Bass pf
Oden/Pryzbilla at c

At least mavs fans would see Dirk get a ring and have some excellent talent to replace him with (my opinion Aldridge is one of the best young talents in the league but Dirk would solidify the Blazers)

julio
05-15-2009, 11:11 PM
I say trade'em to da bulls.

VCaintdead17
05-15-2009, 11:24 PM

not a bad idea considering Dirk's stock is at it' peak. And they could get alot for him, but that Bulls offer is crap. lol

charlsdq7
05-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Dirk Terry gotta go

JordansBulls
05-15-2009, 11:32 PM
not a bad idea considering Dirk's stock is at it' peak. And they could get alot for him, but that Bulls offer is crap. lol

Who do you expect them to get for him?

blacknell
05-15-2009, 11:38 PM
3 team trade

Shaq, villueneava, and richard jefferson to dallas + the 14th pick

Dirk and jason terry to phoenix

Jason richardson and josh howard to milwakee

What does anyone think about this trade.
I don't know if salary matches up

horrible idea for the mavs

JordansBulls
05-16-2009, 12:52 AM
I say trade'em to da bulls.

:nod:

madiaz3
05-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Dirk's game isn't one that is really affected by age. He'll still be the best offensive PF for 3 years I'd say.

steven123l
05-16-2009, 01:02 AM
Trade hime to the lakers if they lose game 7 or win the finals

steven123l
05-16-2009, 01:03 AM
If they dont win the finals

drobe86
05-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Who do you expect them to get for him?

That Bulls offer was crap lol.. You're gonna have to start with Derrick Rose. Dirk has been in the league 11 years and 9 of them he was All NBA. And, if you look at his game. He hasn't slowed down at all. He is a super consistent and you will get 25-30 every night. Chicago doesn't really have anyone that can get a deal done. Seriously Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, and Tyrus Thomas? I have already hung up because Deng gives you 15 ppg and he has no upside. He will get no better than he is right now. Ben Gordon is good, but we already have Jason Terry who is the exact same player. So that doesn't make sense. Last but not least Tyrus Thomas? You've insulted us. He's not even good. We will most definately pass. So... the only way that works is if you give us Rose, Deng, Hinrich, and Joakim Noah. Plus picks and cash considerations. Don't let your Eastern Conference playoff appearance get you pumped about the Bulls. You still are who everybody thinks you are. lol

DenButsu
05-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Dirk just put in what I'd have to assume was probably his best playoff performance in a single series of his career. It's his supporting cast, and not Nowitzki himself, that is the problem in Dallas. Why on earth would they want to trade him? He's the heart and soul of their franchise.

julio
05-16-2009, 02:50 AM
i think it's time 4 dirk and dallas go their separate ways,he and cuban are beefing.

asmarks18
05-16-2009, 03:55 AM
i think it's time 4 dirk and dallas go their separate ways,he and cuban are beefing.

Cuban and Dirk have nothing but respect for one another. As long as Mark Cuban is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks Dirk won't be going anywhere.

holocaust227
05-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Uh, no. I think the ones that voted for yes just wanted Dirk to come to their team.
Dirk never was the problem in Dallas. It's the center position that was always lacking.
*Sigh*
I don't want Dirk to be Miller-like when he *probably* retires in Dallas. I believe he is probably one of the most underpaid superstars in the NBA. $16M this year.

julio
05-16-2009, 05:44 AM
didn't dirk say it's annoying to have a owner like mark cuban.didn't mark cuban say (after a game they got blown out) if the team don't play hard he will chang the whole roster.

Evolution=FACT
05-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Yes it is. ^nobody would trade bosh for nowitzki...it would be hilarious.

blazerman
05-16-2009, 06:06 AM
Uh, no. I think the ones that voted for yes just wanted Dirk to come to their team.
Dirk never was the problem in Dallas. It's the center position that was always lacking.
*Sigh*
I don't want Dirk to be Miller-like when he *probably* retires in Dallas. I believe he is probably one of the most underpaid superstars in the NBA. $16M this year.

Im sure most people that voted yes do want Dirk for their team, why else would a fan of another team even care what the Mavs do. I voted yes for a Dirk trade to the Blazers for Aldridge,Bayless and a first rd pick. I thought it would be a good trade for both.

Watch by the end of next yr Mavs will explore a deal because of the age of Dirk ad especially if they still have father time himself(kidd) still. Problem is Aldridge will probably have a breakout yr and that kind of deal will be a woulda,coulda,shoulda situation.

And for the Msvs fans dont underestimate Cuban's trading ability because I recall he GAVE away a premier young point guard for a has been!

drobe86
05-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Im sure most people that voted yes do want Dirk for their team, why else would a fan of another team even care what the Mavs do. I voted yes for a Dirk trade to the Blazers for Aldridge,Bayless and a first rd pick. I thought it would be a good trade for both.

Watch by the end of next yr Mavs will explore a deal because of the age of Dirk ad especially if they still have father time himself(kidd) still. Problem is Aldridge will probably have a breakout yr and that kind of deal will be a woulda,coulda,shoulda situation.

And for the Msvs fans dont underestimate Cuban's trading ability because I recall he GAVE away a premier young point guard for a has been!

Blazerman you are out of your mind. Let me get this right. I'm gonna give you Dirk Nowitzki (10 time all star and 9 time all nba player) for Lamarcus Aldridge (0 time all star or all nba) and Jared Bayless (who). You gotta be kidding me. I went to UT and love Aldridge but in no way will he ever be half of what Dirk Nowitzki at any stage of his career. Hes been in what 3 or 4 years? If hes not elite by now he will never be. If you wanna trade give us Roy and Aldridge and we can talk. Other than those 2 don't insult us with the rest of the trash you have on your roster.

stensley
05-16-2009, 08:43 AM

I think Josh Howard could be their go to guy. He's talented plus he plays with more toughness than Dirk does and I think that Dallas could use more toughness, both mental and physical. I would trade Dirk and try to get younger and more athletic and little more toughness.

drobe86
05-16-2009, 09:04 AM
I think Josh Howard could be their go to guy. He's talented plus he plays with more toughness than Dirk does and I think that Dallas could use more toughness, both mental and physical. I would trade Dirk and try to get younger and more athletic and little more toughness.

Thats the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. Josh Howard being our go to guy? Makes me wonder if you watched Maverick games in the last 2 years. lol!!

holocaust227
05-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Josh Howard - go to guy?..
Anyone who questions Dirk's toughness haven't been watching the Mavs. The question is "Is it time?", not "Do you want Dirk on your team?".
Cuban trading Harris for Kidd was a gamble but it did pay off, only for the short term. It gave Dallas cap space for the 2009 free agency that lets Dallas explore the possibilities.
I do hope Cuban takes someone that will take Dallas back into the elite team it once was.
I believe Howard and Dampier are the ones who will most probably be traded. I don't know how but it will happen. It must happen.

JordansBulls
05-16-2009, 09:38 AM

Do they really want him?

Young2Kinsler
05-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Dirk is a franchise player, and some one Dallas should never trade. Dallas problem isn't Dirk, they just need better pieces around him. We have alot of money coming off the books this offseason... Kidds 22 Million, Stackhouse 5 Million and also some very tradeable contracts in Howard and Dampier. Damp and Jho both have expiring deals, and will be good for a team looking to dump salary in 2010.

There are NO players in the NBA with Dirks skill set, and he has always been loyal to Dallas. Of course if some team overwhelmed us with a deal then we would take it, but it would have to be absolutely rediculous.

There are free agents and players on the trade block that would fit in well with Dirk, and I think this will be a big offseason for Dallas.

Young2Kinsler
05-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Dirk is a Maverick, and should be for life.. heres an article on yahoo about it...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhsMUP7O_bfcfXYS8TIyV428vLYF?slug=ap-mavericks-nowitzki&prov=ap&type=lgns

thephoenixson28
05-16-2009, 11:17 AM
horrible idea for the mavs how about you keep jason terry and you send eric dampier to the bucks

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Here's what I don't get...what makes Dirk so untradeable?

Here's what I think of him, he's an asset on offense no question but that's all he really brings in my eyes. To me he's just an oversized shooting guard. Don't get me wrong, I like Dirk, but don't make him more than he is. I don't think I've seen a 4 on the floor as much as he is. He needs to work on his balance or gain some muscle. Anyway, Imagine a taller Peja. He'd light things up....but is he really untradeable? I don't like the fact that he's so 1-dimensional....and Cuban treats him like he's Kobe or Lebron. I'd even question if THEY were offered if Cuban would even do it.

Back to the point:
Kenny "The Jet" stated Yao's situation and it seems like Dirks. Houston took a guy who is not a pitbull (not by choice, he just isn't and can't be) and surrounded him with some. It's not like his situation was like KG's, he doesn't need to go. They have weapons around him and if they had a dominant post presence they'd be fine. Too bad, after Shaq showed interest, Cuban practically told him to screw himself and called him Fat Albert in a round-about way. You all could say Shaq is on the decline...until you look his numbers last season.

drobe86
05-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Here's what I don't get...what makes Dirk so untradeable?

Here's what I think of him, he's an asset on offense no question but that's all he really brings in my eyes. To me he's just an oversized shooting guard. Don't get me wrong, I like Dirk, but don't make him more than he is. I don't think I've seen a 4 on the floor as much as he is. He needs to work on his balance or gain some muscle. Anyway, Imagine a taller Peja. He'd light things up....but is he really untradeable? I don't like the fact that he's so 1-dimensional....and Cuban treats him like he's Kobe or Lebron. I'd even question if THEY were offered if Cuban would even do it.

Back to the point:
Kenny "The Jet" stated Yao's situation and it seems like Dirks. Houston took a guy who is not a pitbull (not by choice, he just isn't and can't be) and surrounded him with some. It's not like his situation was like KG's, he doesn't need to go. They have weapons around him and if they had a dominant post presence they'd be fine. Too bad, after Shaq showed interest, Cuban practically told him to screw himself and called him Fat Albert in a round-about way. You all could say Shaq is on the decline...until you look his numbers last season.

What makes Dirk untradeable? Ummmmm. Hello All NBA 9 times in his 11 year career. Are you serious? He's one of the top 5 players in the NBA and he is easily the best PF. Furthermore he is the epitome of consistent. He's averaged 24 and 8 rebs pretty much his entire NBA career besides his first 2 years.

Kakaroach
05-16-2009, 12:16 PM
No way that Dirk should be traded. He can still put up more than 40 on any given night and is still a superstar in this league. Sign Jason Kidd for much less, and get some athletic wing players and try not to rely on jumpers as much. Maybe go for a Shawn Marion?

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 12:17 PM
What makes Dirk untradeable? Ummmmm. Hello All NBA 9 times in his 11 year career. Are you serious? He's one of the top 5 players in the NBA and he is easily the best PF. Furthermore he is the epitome of consistent. He's averaged 24 and 8 rebs pretty much his entire NBA career besides his first 2 years.

So he's better than Duncan, Gasol, KG, and Bosh to name a few? Ok, he's an untradeable Power Forward who doesn't average a double-double. That's good stuff. Other "untradeables" have more than 1 dimension to their game which adds value (be it defense, assists, etc.). Isn't Gasol in the same boat except Gasol is post where Dirk is perimeter?

asmarks18
05-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Lets say we do put Dirk on the block (which will never happen), If Portland has interest we would demand Roy and either Oden or Aldridge with a draft pick.

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Lets say we do put Dirk on the block (which will never happen), If Portland has interest we would demand Roy and either Oden or Aldridge with a draft pick.

I don't think you'd get them. To give up their shining star in Roy (with Aldridge is a definite hang up) with a draft pick AND Oden (which would mean acknowledging Rose fiasco) would have to wonder what they could do with what they had left. They wouldn't even listen if the draft was a 1st rounder.

As stated, it would be a mistake to move Dirk anyway so I wouldn't think of it. Find a post presence and you're ready to go. That's all you really need (as long as Howard remains active).

asmarks18
05-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't think you'd get them. To give up their shining star in Roy (with Aldridge is a definite hang up) with a draft pick AND Oden (which would mean acknowledging Rose fiasco) would have to wonder what they could do with what they had left. They wouldn't even listen if the draft was a 1st rounder.

As stated, it would be a mistake to move Dirk anyway so I wouldn't think of it. Find a post presence and you're ready to go. That's all you really need (as long as Howard remains active).

I know they wouldn't give us Roy, Oden and a draft pick. And even if the Blazers lost their mind and offered that to us...I am pretty sure Cuban would still decline. Dirk isn't going anywhere so this thread is absolutely pointless. IF the Mavs decided to trade Dirk, Cuban might have to sell the team because 1. he would have a really hard time making money because he wouldn't sell any tickets, and 2. We would run him right out of town.

SpeedyRecovery
05-16-2009, 12:57 PM
They should also consider trading Jason Kidd for Devin Harris.

hahahahaha

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
I know they wouldn't give us Roy, Oden and a draft pick. And even if the Blazers lost their mind and offered that to us...I am pretty sure Cuban would still decline. Dirk isn't going anywhere so this thread is absolutely pointless. IF the Mavs decided to trade Dirk, Cuban might have to sell the team because 1. he would have a really hard time making money because he wouldn't sell any tickets, and 2. We would run him right out of town.

UNLESS....they received a marquee name would you think. Do you believe the Mavs fans would part if they received an offer like the Wolves got? Future All-Star with a lot of extra pieces. I don't know how patient the Mavs fans are or if they want to win NOW. If so, they need to be aggressive and ready to spend. Honestly, look at how serious the franchise is AND how serious the franchise player is. See if a player (especially Dirk) would restructure his contract to get the help needed. That will tell you how serious he is about helping the franchise and winning.

My favorite Dirk moment:

When he blew up at J. Terry for not fouling Nash on that 3-pt shot some years back. He would have to do something totally horrendous for me not to like him. I'm easily persuaded when someone does something I would do.

JayW_1023
05-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Dirk is the kind of superstar that would eventually take less money to help the team get better...he is a keeper.

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Dirk is the kind of superstar that would eventually take less money to help the team get better...he is a keeper.

You know the saying:

"Put your money where your mouth is"

Honestly, for the Mavs to be consistently good in the West is a positive sign. They need to look at what they REALLY need and go for it. A post presence would take them a long way. Also, Dirk needs to stop being guarded by point guards. If you see you have one, hold the ball up and shoot over him. I've seen him pass wayyyy to much in this instance.

drobe86
05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
So he's better than Duncan, Gasol, KG, and Bosh to name a few? Ok, he's an untradeable Power Forward who doesn't average a double-double. That's good stuff. Other "untradeables" have more than 1 dimension to their game which adds value (be it defense, assists, etc.). Isn't Gasol in the same boat except Gasol is post where Dirk is perimeter?

Yes, the numbers don't lie son. Dirk is better than Duncan, Gasol, and Bosh. Kg is your only argument, and Dirk is still a better offensive player. Gasol just made his first all star game this year and has only averaged 20 ppg twice in his career. KG is now a defensive player more so than any, only gives you 18-20. Tim Duncans offensive game is awful and he averaged something like 16 ppg this year? So... to answer your question yes, Dirk is absolutely the best PF in the game and the numbers show that. No he doesn't average a double double but so what, 8 boards is solid.
Look at the supporting cast around the the guys you named other than Bosh, and its outstanding. You put Dirk on the Lakers and they wouldn't be going to a game 7 with the yaoless, mcgradyless rockets. Put Dirk on Boston and they wouldnt be going to game 7's with the Chicago bulls for christ sake. Or even the overrated Magic. Put Dirk on San Antonio and they are arguably still playing. The Mavs sent them home because Tony Parker was the only legitimate scoring threat in the series.

JayW_1023
05-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes, the numbers don't lie son. Dirk is better than Duncan, Gasol, and Bosh. Kg is your only argument, and Dirk is still a better offensive player. Gasol just made his first all star game this year and has only averaged 20 ppg twice in his career. KG is now a defensive player more so than any, only gives you 18-20. Tim Duncans offensive game is awful and he averaged something like 16 ppg this year? So... to answer your question yes, Dirk is absolutely the best PF in the game and the numbers show that. No he doesn't average a double double but so what, 8 boards is solid.
Look at the supporting cast around the the guys you named other than Bosh, and its outstanding. You put Dirk on the Lakers and they wouldn't be going to a game 7 with the yaoless, mcgradyless rockets. Put Dirk on Boston and they wouldnt be going to game 7's with the Chicago bulls for christ sake. Or even the overrated Magic. Put Dirk on San Antonio and they are arguably still playing. The Mavs sent them home because Tony Parker was the only legitimate scoring threat in the series.

That's what happens with severe tendinitis in BOTH knees. A healthy Duncan is still better than Dirk, mainly because he changes the game defensively too, and Dirk not so much. We were depeleted by injuries and had nothing left against Dallas. Don't disrespect the Spurs so soon after that series...it's quite a cocky thing to do.

When healthy, Duncan is still the best power forward in the game. FYI he averaged 19, 10 and 3 assists this season...despite deteriorating health after the all star break.

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 01:28 PM

It's funny that you bring Dirk's career numbers vs the other 4's this season. So you're saying that the addition of Dirk would have changed the identity of the Lakers? How do you know, with the addition of Dirk, they'd even be where they are now? How do you know that they might have missed the playoffs or got the 6th seed. Boston wouldn't have even won with Dirk so that argument is gone. So, are you talking career or this season because I believe they could make ANOTHER commercial with the puppets where Duncan is looking for his 4 rings and Dirk is writing home.

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 01:30 PM
That's what happens with severe tendinitis in BOTH knees. A healthy Duncan is still better than Dirk, mainly because he changes the game defensively too, and Dirk not so much. We were depeleted by injuries and had nothing left against Dallas. Don't disrespect the Spurs so soon after that series...it's quite a cocky thing to do.

When healthy, Duncan is still the best power forward in the game.

I don't even know why they tried to defend that point regarding Duncan.

phillyman84
05-16-2009, 01:31 PM
All star games don't mean anything, Vince Carter was an all star this year. Yao ming got more votes then anybody. The all star game is a popularity contest nothing more so get over it. I think the mavs have had their best days with dirk. They may be able to get a younger 2 players on the rise and a valuable pick which they could use or trade. Over the next 2 years they can build up and then have a ton of money when terry and damp are gone. I think the dirk situation is much like AI was in philly. We got we did out of him but had to move on. Does it suck yeah but the mavs are not going to get any better with dirk unless some miracle trade happens.

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes, the numbers don't lie son.

DUNCAN:

4 Championships
-Last Season...1st time ousted in the 1st rd in his career

NOWITSKI:

1 Finals Appearance...4 1st rd exits

This is more about the teams and what value the player brings. So to go strictly off of numbers, career they are somewhat similar regarding ppg's but look at defense, blocks, rebounds. THOSE numbers don't lie either.

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 01:45 PM
All star games don't mean anything, Vince Carter was an all star this year. Yao ming got more votes then anybody. The all star game is a popularity contest nothing more so get over it. I think the mavs have had their best days with dirk. They may be able to get a younger 2 players on the rise and a valuable pick which they could use or trade. Over the next 2 years they can build up and then have a ton of money when terry and damp are gone. I think the dirk situation is much like AI was in philly. We got we did out of him but had to move on. Does it suck yeah but the mavs are not going to get any better with dirk unless some miracle trade happens.

The situation is different with Dirk and A.I. because A.I. HAS to have the ball. That was why, when he did have great success, it was because he had the ball and 4 taggers. Dirk needs to shoot but he can still do things and let others score.

JordansBulls
05-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Yes, the numbers don't lie son. Dirk is better than Duncan, Gasol, and Bosh. Kg is your only argument, and Dirk is still a better offensive player. Gasol just made his first all star game this year and has only averaged 20 ppg twice in his career.

Gasol made the allstar team in Memphis as well. Duncan has 3 finals mvp's and 2 league mvp's, how is Dirk better?

DenButsu
05-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Just to put a blunt point on it:

No way in hell Cuban trades Dirk. It simply will not happen. And that will be the first good decision Cuban makes from May 2009 to July 2009. (made a few bad ones just recently :cool: ).

drobe86
05-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Gasol made the allstar team in Memphis as well. Duncan has 3 finals mvp's and 2 league mvp's, how is Dirk better?

That's so circumstantial. Look at the team surrounding Tim Duncan? Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker. Those are 2 elite players Are you serious? Tim Duncan came into the league on an exceptional team. Guys like Avery Johnson, Sean Elliot, David Robinson. And Dirk's had the likes of Shawn Bradley, Eric Dampier, and bums behind doors number 1, 2, and 3. That's comical and if you put Tim Duncan on the Mavericks we don't even make the playoffs. Talk about no offensive game, no athleticism, and a weak bank shot off the glass.

Spurred1
05-16-2009, 03:22 PM

No, he can't. He was dreadful for the latter part of the 07-08 season-including the playoffs-not to mention the off court drama. Then he was injured for most of the 08-09 season and started making a major difference towards the end of the season. He was terrific in the first round against the Spurs and helped in the second round-even with the injuries-, but there is just no way in hell he can be the to go to guy. My guess is that you are basing your statement on what you just saw in the playoffs and not on the overall picture. He's talented and tough, yes, but he also makes poor choices and gets T'd up at the worst possible times. If they trade Dirk and make Howard the leader, the Mavs will more than likely miss the playoffs.

NYMetros
05-16-2009, 03:25 PM
No, Dallas should continue to build around Dirk. He's one of the best players in the league. If they didn't trade Devin Harris then they wouldn't be having this problem right now and they still may be alive in the playoffs.

drobe86
05-16-2009, 03:28 PM
DUNCAN:

4 Championships
-Last Season...1st time ousted in the 1st rd in his career

NOWITSKI:

1 Finals Appearance...4 1st rd exits

This is more about the teams and what value the player brings. So to go strictly off of numbers, career they are somewhat similar regarding ppg's but look at defense, blocks, rebounds. THOSE numbers don't lie either.

Duncan has 4 championships thats great. But again thats circumstantial, because you have to look at the teams around him. The Spurs have always been elite, and had all star caliber players. How many all star players has dirk ever had by his side? 0. Josh Howard made the all star game once as a replacement, and no else on the maverick team has even been remotely relevant. John Salley won 6 rings, and Robert Horry has 6 rings, Steve Kerr has 3 rings. So what? Does that make those guys great players?

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 03:32 PM
That's comical and if you put Tim Duncan on the Mavericks we don't even make the playoffs. Talk about no offensive game, no athleticism, and a weak bank shot off the glass.

Wow. Just off your view this conversation is over from my standpoint. You don't respect the game of basketball.

Just as bad as Kobe is GOD fans

Yeah, Dirk is the best thing in the game. I don't believe the league has been holding him down. I guess since I don't live where you do, I don't see the wings of an angel on his back.

Luv Da New Pack
05-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Duncan has 4 championships thats great. But again thats circumstantial, because you have to look at the teams around him. The Spurs have always been elite, and had all star caliber players. How many all star players has dirk ever had by his side? 0. Josh Howard made the all star game once as a replacement, and no else on the maverick team has even been remotely relevant. John Salley won 6 rings, and Robert Horry has 6 rings, Steve Kerr has 3 rings. So what? Does that make those guys great players?

Wow. Jason Kidd (HOF) is a "0"?

Salley has 6 rings...but was he the reason they did? I believe to get a Finals MVP you have to have done something. Your whole argument is ridiculous.

Go get your Maverick bear, hug him and wonder why the world is against you.

I don't say this often.....but you're an idiot.

Spurred1
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
And stop comparing Duncan and Dirk. Duncan has established himself as one of the best pfs of all time. While Dirk is very good in his own right, he isn't Timmy, which is fine. Very few players are going to be like Duncan. Making one player sound like crap to bolster a case for Dirk isn't effective.
The Mavs aren't going to trade Dirk-that would not help the Mavs at all. What they need to do is get rid of Dump-he shows up periodically but mostly puts forth all the effort of a statue. He was good against Duncan, but now I wonder how much of that was due to Duncan's knees more than Dump. Would have been nice if Terry had played better as well. He was abysmal all postseason long. Mavs have some needs to address-hope Cuban and co. take care of business logically.
Whoever brought up the Rockets/Yao/pitbulls thing was right. Find some pitbulls to surround Dirk with and the Mavs will improve. Howard is sort of pitbullish when healthy.

drobe86
05-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Wow. Just off your view this conversation is over from my standpoint. You don't respect the game of basketball.

Just as bad as Kobe is GOD fans

Yeah, Dirk is the best thing in the game. I don't believe the league has been holding him down. I guess since I don't live where you do, I don't see the wings of an angel on his back.

I never said Dirk was the best in the game. I said he was the top PF. And the numbers show that. You preceeded to tell me about Duncans championships and etc. So I called you out on the fact that Duncan has had a better team every year he has been in the league. I'm just saying that its circumstanial to use the championships against dirk when we both know Duncan has played on a stacked team much of his career. So I don't believe its fair to go by that. However Dirk and Shaquille O'neal are the only players in NBA history to average 25 points and 10 rebounds in the playoffs. Before last year would you say that Duncan was better than KG? Kg was on horrible teams for years.

drobe86
05-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Thats the main thing that bothers me about this conversation. People use the fact that players who won a championship are better than those who havent. When the numbers clearly show who the better player is. Look at the teams Duncan has been on. You guys don't look at anything except Championships. Only 8 teams have won a championship in the last 30 years. Thats just the way it is, and thats the way the NBA wants it. If you aren't the Bulls, Lakers, Pistons, Rockets, Spurs, Celtics, Knicks, or the Heat that one year you won't win a title.

drobe86
05-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow. Jason Kidd (HOF) is a "0"?

Salley has 6 rings...but was he the reason they did? I believe to get a Finals MVP you have to have done something. Your whole argument is ridiculous.

Go get your Maverick bear, hug him and wonder why the world is against you.

I don't say this often.....but you're an idiot.

You're telling me Jason Kidd is good? I'm sorry I couldn't tell by his 8 pts and 8 assist and 5 rebounds. All I ever saw him do the last two years is brick 3's, and get embarrased by young point guards night in and night out. Kidd was embarrasing, and while I was all for the trade when it happened, we got ripped off, and that was the most ridiculous trade in NBA history. Kidd is awful, and I don't get how you can go from Hall of Fame to bum so quick. Honestly at this point, we are better off with Barea.

blazerman
05-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Blazerman you are out of your mind. Let me get this right. I'm gonna give you Dirk Nowitzki (10 time all star and 9 time all nba player) for Lamarcus Aldridge (0 time all star or all nba) and Jared Bayless (who). You gotta be kidding me. I went to UT and love Aldridge but in no way will he ever be half of what Dirk Nowitzki at any stage of his career. Hes been in what 3 or 4 years? If hes not elite by now he will never be. If you wanna trade give us Roy and Aldridge and we can talk. Other than those 2 don't insult us with the rest of the trash you have on your roster.

Dont be bitter because NJ bent you and your team over the edge of the table on that Harris/Kidd deal. Dirk is an awesome player and thats the only reason anybody is even talking right now about the Mavs. My trade wasnt a bad trade dumbass and their was a first rd pick involved, Dirk is probably worth more but not much more.

Dirks 31 (32 at beginning of season) and was a 10 time allstar and is great but he's getting old and if you really think the Blazers would give you Roy, let alone Aldridge for Dirk you had better stop eating ****** sandwiches!

Oh yeah, on you say the Blazers are trash, that just shows your an idiot!

Keep in mind this forum is asking ALL fans if they think he should be traded not just Mavs fans and if somebody throws a trade proposal out there its because they have respect for Dirk and do think he's all that as a player so dont offend people with your smartass comments.

By no means was I trying to insult Mavs fans and that trade offer could have gotten the Blazers Amare at the trade deadline had we wanted to do that deal(and yes Dirk's value is more but not much more only because of his age)!

Aldridge is an excellent PF and will achieve allstar status soon and he is a Dallas native also and he's only 23 yrs old and Bayless is only 19yrs old, if you dont like them thats fine but to sit there and say my team is trash makes you look really ignorant!

blazerman
05-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Thats the main thing that bothers me about this conversation. People use the fact that players who won a championship are better than those who havent. When the numbers clearly show who the better player is. Look at the teams Duncan has been on. You guys don't look at anything except Championships. Only 8 teams have won a championship in the last 30 years. Thats just the way it is, and thats the way the NBA wants it. If you aren't the Bulls, Lakers, Pistons, Rockets, Spurs, Celtics, Knicks, or the Heat that one year you won't win a title.

Championships are want defines greatness not allstar appearances.

I have read through this entire thread and you say that Dirk is the greatest and when someone puts a comparision up, then you try to show Dirks better because of allstar games or try and say their team was better.

Duncan is better and will always be better because he has LED his team to the promised land numerous times and if Im not mistaken he has been an allstar and all nba as much as Nowitzki.

Oh now your ready to start replying on how there was so much talent by Duncan's side, well if Im not mistaken Dirk had KIDD twice and another 2time MVP and 10 time allstar in STEVE NASH and what about Devin Harris and josh Howard and if I looked back I know I could find some more good ones.

Duncan only had Horry late in his career and he was nothing more than a role player.

Dirk is a great player but dont try and convince anyone he's better than or hasnt had players like Duncan and KG because your grasping at air on this one

Spurred1
05-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Blazerman-
I'm under the impression that the Blazers are interested in growing as a team, not in search of another pf. Blazers are a hell of a team. But your trade suggestion was fine as is. An insulting/bad trade would have been Dirk for Przybilla/Blake. Not that these two are bad, just well...want to trade Przybilla for Dampier? j/k
Anyway, if the Mavs were looking to trade Dirk, I'd want the Spurs to trade for him-a fantasyland trade.

Spurred1
05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Championships are want defines greatness not allstar appearances.

I have read through this entire thread and you say that Dirk is the greatest and when someone puts a comparision up, then you try to show Dirks better because of allstar games or try and say their team was better.

Duncan is better and will always be better because he has LED his team to the promised land numerous times and if Im not mistaken he has been an allstar and all nba as much as Nowitzki.

Oh now your ready to start replying on how there was so much talent by Duncan's side, well if Im not mistaken Dirk had KIDD twice and another 2time MVP and 10 time allstar in STEVE NASH and what about Devin Harris and josh Howard and if I looked back I know I could find some more good ones.

Duncan only had Horry late in his career and he was nothing more than a role player.

Dirk is a great player but dont try and convince anyone he's better than or hasnt had players like Duncan and KG because your grasping at air on this one

Well, no, he didn't. Kidd was in Dallas before Dirk got there, I think. The three J's experiment that failed.

curtie74
05-16-2009, 06:44 PM
no bosh is 24-25 and dirk is 30 or 31.

josh howard would hav 2 b included n da trade 4 bosh

Havoc Wreaker
05-16-2009, 06:49 PM
They had their chance when they choked vs. the Heat. Their glory days are fading. It's time to either make a huge trade and bring a mega stud or two in to help him (the Celtics method) or blow it up and rebuild. They can't be idle this off-season.

I'm sorry....the refs called something that only gets called on kobe, lebron or wade....

blazerman
05-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Blazerman-
I'm under the impression that the Blazers are interested in growing as a team, not in search of another pf. Blazers are a hell of a team. But your trade suggestion was fine as is. An insulting/bad trade would have been Dirk for Przybilla/Blake. Not that these two are bad, just well...want to trade Przybilla for Dampier? j/k
Anyway, if the Mavs were looking to trade Dirk, I'd want the Spurs to trade for him-a fantasyland trade.

You're right and I know the Blazers are not looking to make that kind of trade either, I just threw it out there to see if it was something that would work if for some reason Dirk did become available.

I didnt expect that other reader to throw such a fit over a hypothetical trade.
Personally I dont think Dallas would even consider making him available for at least 2 more yrs at best.

And I wasnt sure if Kidd's first go a round in Dallas coincided with Dirk but in general my point was that he has had some really good players and teams threw out the yrs.

Anyway it goes the guy's an awesome talent and he is a sure fire hall of famer but he is viewed as one of the greats but didnt get a title(like Ewing, Barkley,Karl Malone, John Stockton and Reggie Miller, all great but title less).

Duncan's name will be remembered with the likes of Shaq, Kobe, Bird, Johnson and Jordan, all multiple title holders and guys that were able to lead their team all the way numerous times.

Regardless of how his name will be remembered, I wish the Blazers had him because he is one of the best and he's fun to watch and Dallas.

drobe86
05-17-2009, 12:29 AM
You're right and I know the Blazers are not looking to make that kind of trade either, I just threw it out there to see if it was something that would work if for some reason Dirk did become available.

Personally I dont think Dallas would even consider making him available for at least 2 more yrs at best.

And I wasnt sure if Kidd's first go a round in Dallas coincided with Dirk but in general my point was that he has had some really good players and teams threw out the yrs.

Anyway it goes the guy's an awesome talent and he is a sure fire hall of famer but he is viewed as one of the greats but didnt get a title(like Ewing, Barkley,Karl Malone, John Stockton and Reggie Miller, all great but title less).

Duncan's name will be remembered with the likes of Shaq, Kobe, Bird, Johnson and Jordan, all multiple title holders and guys that were able to lead their team all the way numerous times.

Regardless of how his name will be remembered, I wish the Blazers had him because he is one of the best and he's fun to watch and Dallas.

Blazerman I totally respect ur opinion and ur team however I just don't believe portland has anything of trading value for Dirk unless you are talking about roy and Aldridge. You are only talking about their age and potential. But those two things do not mean anything in this league. Roy is an All star and possibly on his way to great things. Aldridge I'm not so sure. He had an awful series vs. the Rockets in only having 20 pts in 1 game. And he was being guarded by Luis Scola for god's sake. Dirk gives Scola 30 pts or better every time they play. Thats all I am saying. And I just think you are reaching a bit when you start talking about Jared Bayless. Who?? C'mon man it doesn't matter how old you are if you are elite you are elite. Isn't Derrick Rose 19? I just think its ridiculous to think that we would trade for Bayless and his 4 pts and 1 assist per game. i mean why not just give dirk away?

drobe86
05-17-2009, 12:37 AM

Also, Dirk has never had good players around him. You call Jason Terry and Josh Howard good? When Kobe had Shaq. When Duncan has Parker and Ginobili. When When Bird had Mchale, Robert Parrish, etc. When Garnett has Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen. Those guys have had Hall of Famers on their teams. I can't even get all stars. Steve Nash didnt become great until After he left for the suns. Michael Finley was an ok player but nothing special. The likes of popeye jones, shawn bradley, were not good players sorry. 35 year old jason kidd is not good sorry. All is does is get embarrased by elite young pg's in this league. Bottom line is this is Cuban's fault that hes wasted 11 years of Dirks career. He just hasn't brought in enough help, and until he does it will be the same story.

Spurred1
05-17-2009, 12:37 AM
Youth has everything to do with it. A team doesn't normally trade away one or two incredibly good players with lots of upside for one older player who has just a few years left unless that team is aiming for a championship and only needs that one player to get over the hump-sort of like the Celtics. They traded away most of their young ones in order to get KG and Allen to help out Pierce.
Bayless has hardly been played this year, hard to say what he could do. Aldridge is still developing; Scola isn't a crappy defender,either. But this discussion is moot, since Dirk is not going anywhere.

blazerman
05-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Also, Dirk has never had good players around him. You call Jason Terry and Josh Howard good? When Kobe had Shaq. When Duncan has Parker and Ginobili. When When Bird had Mchale, Robert Parrish, etc. When Garnett has Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen. Those guys have had Hall of Famers on their teams. I can't even get all stars. Steve Nash didnt become great until After he left for the suns. Michael Finley was an ok player but nothing special. The likes of popeye jones, shawn bradley, were not good players sorry. 35 year old jason kidd is not good sorry. All is does is get embarrased by elite young pg's in this league. Bottom line is this is Cuban's fault that hes wasted 11 years of Dirks career. He just hasn't brought in enough help, and until he does it will be the same story.

Hey my only point by even offering a trade up or anything was just because Im a fan of his and the guy's awesome and I wasnt trying to insult you by the trade I made, but I will apologize for my remarks toward you after you called by Blazers trash.

I know there is a difference in talent around them when it comes to those 2(Dirk and Tim), regardless the guy still has 4titles and your Mavs and my Blazers have 0 in the Duncan era. The Blazers still couldnt get it done with Pippen, Wallace,Sabonis,S Smith, J Oneal against the Lakers which is a team the Spurs handled more than once, so theres something to say on Duncan's behalf on that.

Also the Mavs had a good team a few yrs ago and were up 2-0 in the finals and still couldnt close the door. Dirk is awesome anyway it goes and Im just saying I would like to see him in a Blazer uniform (not gonna happen but dont you wish you had Kobe to pair up with Dirk in Dallas, it's a happy thought dont you agree).

TopsyTurvy
05-17-2009, 01:12 AM
If the Mavs trade away Dirk, aren't they saying by proxy that the Harris-Kidd trade failed??? That would have to be the death knell for someone in the front office...

JordansBulls
05-17-2009, 09:44 AM
If the Mavs trade away Dirk, aren't they saying by proxy that the Harris-Kidd trade failed??? That would have to be the death knell for someone in the front office...

The 2 scenarios arent the same.

NoSense
05-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I couldn't see Dirk playing in another uniform. To me he's a fixture like Bryant is in LA, or Lebron in Cleveland. Now, I don't think that the Mavs either have that much time to find guys to complement guys around Dirk to win a championship. Maybe they should just wait to rebuild, and start getting to the idea that they could use Dirk as a sub in 3 or 4 years, and build a new core...But in those economic times, it looks pretty unlikely...

JordansBulls
05-17-2009, 03:28 PM
I couldn't see Dirk playing in another uniform. To me he's a fixture like Bryant is in LA, or Lebron in Cleveland. Now, I don't think that the Mavs either have that much time to find guys to complement guys around Dirk to win a championship. Maybe they should just wait to rebuild, and start getting to the idea that they could use Dirk as a sub in 3 or 4 years, and build a new core...But in those economic times, it looks pretty unlikely...

What do you see the Mavs doing to keep Dirk and building a contender?

NoSense
05-17-2009, 06:12 PM
What do you see the Mavs doing to keep Dirk and building a contender?

My idea is pretty far fetched and twisted :D.

I would see the Mavs doing just enough to get really close to a championship without reaching it. Dirk's contract will be up in 2 years (not counting the players option). Two years ago, he was the league MVP. I honestly don't think he'll just switch off in the next two seasons. Therefore, the Mavs could renegotiate a deal at a much lower price to make him understand that they built around him, and now it's time to pass the bucket to another guy (a high caliber FA, or via trades because I don't think Howard will be in Dallas next season). Then having him being on the bench, and have a relatively good team with guys such as Dirk coming off the bench.

td0tsfinest
05-17-2009, 07:21 PM
I think Mark Cuban is too arrogant to accept the fact that the J-Kidd/Devin Harris trade failed. Not only will they keep Dirk but they might even resign J-Kidd.

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 02:18 AM
I think Mark Cuban is too arrogant to accept the fact that the J-Kidd/Devin Harris trade failed. Not only will they keep Dirk but they might even resign J-Kidd.

That's because he was in a win now mode. Meaning just that season.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 02:27 AM
why you bringing back so many old threads jb?

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 02:38 AM
why you bringing back so many old threads jb?

I was gone for about 5 days last week, so I couldn't find these threads that were still going.

STAT1
05-31-2009, 02:41 AM

When did you take Chris Mullins job?

aNYer
05-31-2009, 02:56 AM
anyone think they would do Dirk for Lee, Nate, Duhon, and switching 1sts. I don't know thats just off the top of my head.

ragee
05-31-2009, 03:51 AM
Why would you trade Dirk??? He is doing everything for this team... What they need to do is get a decent supporting cast for Dirk!!!

tMoNEy24
05-31-2009, 04:13 AM
Monta Ellis Brandon Wright Corey Maggete and 7th pick

Dirk and Wright and 1st

LA_Raiders
05-31-2009, 04:23 PM
no way, he is a grat player with some years left...

unless is traded for #1 pick

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 05:09 PM
no way, he is a grat player with some years left...

unless is traded for #1 pick

The #1 pick this year isn't that valuable.

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Dirk for Deng and thomas

Blah Blah Blah
05-31-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't see Dirk going anywhere cuz Cuban already stated that he is gonna keep him in Dallas for the remainder of his career and try to win with him. They just need a younger supporting cast.

JordansBulls
06-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Dirk for Deng and thomas

In a heartbeat.

dee279
06-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Dirk for Deng and thomas

I would do it.

harlequin018
06-01-2009, 01:30 AM
You guys are out of your minds. I'm gonna give you a 4 time all NBA 1st team player For guys like Bargani, Luol Deng, tyrus Thomas, and Ben Gordon? You guys are smoking the good stuff. If you not talking top 10 players, then don't talk to me. You gotta be kidding me!!! No way we trade Dirk for anything less than elite superstar players (chris paul,kobe, wade,lbj, dwight howard, tparker, etc)

You're dead on dude. I'm reading these joker posts and I can't help but wonder where they score that grass. If Dirk leaves Dallas via trade, you'd better believe a young superstar is coming back. Odom and Ariza? Do you even WATCH the sport? Bargnani plus total trash? Get out of here you Raptor homer. Deng, Thomas and Gordon? That would be a start, but the Bulls would be without a 1st round pick for a while.

This guy is the best offensive power forward IN THE LEAGUE. Yea he's going to be 31 this year, but he plays a finesse game. He's good for another 3-4 years and he'll decline gradually. That sweet stroke will be there till he's Reggie Miller old.

But don't worry ladies, Dirk isn't going anywhere anyway.

JOSKOMANG4
06-01-2009, 10:51 AM
1. The Mavericks will trade for Shaq. Most likely their going to package a deal that includes their 1st round pick, and possibly Dampier( Yeah Dampier is an overpaid center but I mean he's still 10mill less than Shaq, but he's only have 2 yrs left in the contract.

2. The mavericks will make another splash and trade for SF Vince Carter. Due to money, the mavericks will have to relinquish more, but I can see the Nets deal for SF Josh Howard and SG Jerry Stackhouse; Stackhouse will most likely take the deal to be close to home.

3. With a new lineup with 2 vets, most likely he wil resign Jason Kidd. Another suggestion.. is to package a deal with the suns to acquire both Shaq and Steve Nash.

Lineup:

C- Shaq
PF- Dirk
SF- Vince
SG- A. Wright
PG- J. Kidd( or Nash)

Reminds me of the Lakers lineup back in 2004 when they lost to the Pistons.

JordansBulls
06-01-2009, 01:33 PM
1. The Mavericks will trade for Shaq. Most likely their going to package a deal that includes their 1st round pick, and possibly Dampier( Yeah Dampier is an overpaid center but I mean he's still 10mill less than Shaq, but he's only have 2 yrs left in the contract.

2. The mavericks will make another splash and trade for SF Vince Carter. Due to money, the mavericks will have to relinquish more, but I can see the Nets deal for SF Josh Howard and SG Jerry Stackhouse; Stackhouse will most likely take the deal to be close to home.

3. With a new lineup with 2 vets, most likely he wil resign Jason Kidd. Another suggestion.. is to package a deal with the suns to acquire both Shaq and Steve Nash.

Lineup:

C- Shaq
PF- Dirk
SF- Vince
SG- A. Wright
PG- J. Kidd( or Nash)

Reminds me of the Lakers lineup back in 2004 when they lost to the Pistons.

Man that team would be as old as the Bulls were in 1998.